PETS: none

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Massachusetts

FAVORITE COLOR: Black

FAVORITE FOODS: Everything

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical and arc trainer

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Too many to name...

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Too many to name...romantic comedys and dramas

FAVORITE MUSIC: Everything except heavy metal

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I never had a weight problem until I went away to college.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am tired of living my life in the background. I regret not taking pictures with my kids or going outside because of my weight. I want to enjoy life and my family.

Hello Nurse
12-29-2009, 09:32 PM
User name/name: Hello Nurse

BIRTHDAY: Sept 15

MARITAL STATUS: Married 10 years

Children/ages: None

TOP WEIGHT: 294.4

CURRENT WEIGHT: about 277

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5'9 1/2

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: dark brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: horses/pets, science geek, reading when I have time

PETS: 3 inside dogs (all mutts/rescued), one Great Pyrenees/Anatolian Livestock Guardian Dog, three inside cats (again, all rescues) and one "walk-on" outside cat, 5 horses and 2 goats!

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: DFW, Texas

FAVORITE COLOR: blues and purples

FAVORITE FOODS: chinese food, cajun food

FAVORITE EXERCISE: horseback riding, eliptical trainer for results (but I have to force myself on it), yoga because it makes my back feel great

FAVORITE BOOK(S): a little of everything, but I love Dan Brown and Michael Crichton (books are better than the movies)

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): again, a little of everything but I think my all time favorite is Bruce Almighty.

FAVORITE MUSIC: very eclectic...my ipod has everything from Elton John to Wayne Toups (cajun music) to Pearl Jam, but on the radio it is country all the way!

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have been on that weight loss plan where you start the diet Monday morning then by Thursday (if not sooner) it has gone out the window. Repeat weekly. The longest and most weight I have ever lost is on SBD, so I am back to try it again!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am tired of my weight holding me back from the things I want in life. I am not able to ride my horses like I want to, I certainly cannot train horses anymore, and the fact that I am 32, married 10 years and STILL childless has everything to do with my weight. I am just sick of not living life. I want me back.

sjohnson102006
01-01-2010, 08:11 PM
User name/name: sjohnson102006/Shakerra

BIRTHDAY: September 5

MARITAL STATUS: Happily married to my best friend and the love of my life!

Children/ages: None yet/ 2 step children ages 15 and 12

TOP WEIGHT: 279

CURRENT WEIGHT: 265

GOAL WEIGHT: 170

HEIGHT: 5' 5"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Black

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Spending time with friends and family, playing the Wii and football with my son, basically anything that involves my family and friends.

PETS: Pekingese names Sasha and a Turtle named Turtle (My husband named him).

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Florida

FAVORITE COLOR: Pink and Blue

FAVORITE FOODS: Potatoes, Pizza, lasagna, and Chinese (Prior to SB). Broccoli and seafood (Prior to and after SB).

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Wii active

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I don't get to read often, but I must say, The South Beach Diet because it is teaching me so much about my body and ny books by the author Eric Jerome Dickey.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Coming to America, Dodge Ball, Tyler Perry Movies, and too many others to name.

FAVORITE MUSIC: R & B, Gospel, some pop country, and some Hip Hop (that is not littered with vulgarity).

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My problem is that I begin to obsess about my body during the weight loss process and start to get discouraged when it seems as though I am not losing a lot of weight. In the past, I would also sabotage my weight loss by eating nibbling on junk food, which snowballed into me pigging out on it.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: There are many reasons that I WILL lose weight this time. First and foremost, my husband and I would love to have a child. We and the doctor believe that my increasing weight is making this difficult. Also I have High blood pressure, which runs in my family on both sides. I am prescribed meds and would love to be med free. I also would like to be able to shop the way I used to and not have to spend a fortune on clothing or feel like I am wearing a tent. Last, but certainly not least, I really want to feel better about my self and my appearance. I am tired of all of this extra baggage.

smith1313
01-01-2010, 10:01 PM
User name/name: smith/susa

BIRTHDAY: Nov 29

MARITAL STATUS: Married

Children/ages: 3 dogs...Sammy, Maggie, Charlie

TOP WEIGHT: 192

CURRENT WEIGHT: 192

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5' 7"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crochet, photography, some cross stitch and when the weather is nice I like to play in my yard

PETS: Sammy, Maggie, Charlie

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Washington State

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue

FAVORITE FOODS: enchiladas

FAVORITE EXERCISE: none really, nothing I want to get up at 4am for

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I've read text books for many years, I don't know what a 'for fun' book is

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth, Shrek's

FAVORITE MUSIC: little bit of each, nothing favorite, pending mood

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: always slight overweight, married, fertility drugs, college, multiple moves, dh away with military....lots of excuses

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: health, cholesterol, blood pressure and I want to look HOT when I ride my Harley

RHP9
01-05-2010, 07:27 PM
User name/name: RHP9

BIRTHDAY: jan 2

MARITAL STATUS: single

TOP WEIGHT: 237

CURRENT WEIGHT: in progress

GOAL WEIGHT: 175

HEIGHT: 5'9

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: black

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:reading, sports, pets, family

PETS:2 doggies

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southern California

FAVORITE COLOR: purple and green

FAVORITE FOODS: potatoes and pizza

FAVORITE EXERCISE: eliptical machine

FAVORITE BOOK(S): i love so many !

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): when harry met sally, clueless, romy and michelle.

FAVORITE MUSIC:i listen to everything but love country

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I can lose 30 lbs but i cant keep it off.. i generally stay in the 220s .. so i guess maintaining weight loss

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I realize i am not looking for some quickie weight loss i am looking for a new lifestyle. It is just as much about being in great condition and physical shape as it is about looking skinny.

jenne1017
01-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Basic facts
Name (real first name if you feel comforable): Jenn
Age (or general age group): 32
Where you live: Alexandria, VA right outside of Washington, DC
Where you grew up: Born in the Bronx (NY), raised in both Yonkers (NY) and Staten Island (NY) and went to college in central NY
Other places you’ve lived: Just NY and VA!
Do you have kids? How old? Only fur kids.
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? I am the oldest. I have two younger siblings (by 3 years and 3 months), a brother and sister. They are twins!
Languages, beside English, you speak: Very little Spanish. I understand it better than I care to speak it!
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? I live with my [non-legal] wife. We've been together for 6 years, married for three (see attached pic below! Which is, incidentally, the weight I want to get back to -10 more pounds). We have three cats: JoJo (8 this year), Aimee (5 this year) and Chloe (2 this year).
Current job or field of work / studies: I work for a child advocacy organization. I am a policy wonk by trade but after almost 9 months of unemployment last year, I am now working in membership (event planning and learning). I am also getting my master's degree in political management and should have it by August 2011.
Why did you choose South Beach? I have been seriously dieting on and off for 7 years now. I started South Beach in 2002 and did Ph1 for 4 weeks. I was so afraid of not losing more weight, I went off completely. I've since tried numerous diet plans (all but Atkins basically) and I've not stuck to one. SB makes sense to me and it's not too restrictive but restrictive enough where I feel like I am following a plan. Which is why I think it makes sense for the masses. Not good v. bad carbs but an all around lifestyle change!
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term?Long term, I'd like to make it to 189 pounds, my lowest weight ever, and get tone and all around leaner. Short term, making it back to my wedding weight of 208. I think I can do that in 2010. But, so as not to feel like a failure, my resolution was to end the year healthier and thinner than I started (245#!).
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)?My wife is touch and go. She is a binge eater (like her mom) which doesn't help my binge eating. My triggers are anything fried and potato chips (I can do without sweets!). But she eats whatever I make for dinner and since I have my studying at night, she will be cooking for me on Ph 2 most nights so she'll have to cook OP! She's on an exercise kick right now which I hope lasts because it motivates me.

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: I am a HUGE Jodi Picout, David Sedaris, James Patterson and Dan Brown fan. I like books that help me escape since I do a lot of educational reading for class.
Favorite kinds of music / bands:I have a hugely ecclectic music collection. From pop to Top 40 to R&B. I don't care for hard core rap, hard core country or hard core, head banging rock.
Favorite movies: I :love: Sandra Bullock! But aside from her movies: Shawshank Redemption, Now & Then, Love Actually, Mr. Holland's Opus, Marley And Me, Definatly Maybe
Favorite saying / quote: "A woman is like a tea bag: you never know her strength until you drop her in hot water" -Nancy Reagan & "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon, Beautiful BoyFavorite holiday:
Hobbies: Cooking, FaceBook, Dancing, Reading
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? A mix of both. I would like to go hiking, then go back to my cabin and relax in the hot tub!
Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? Suburban but work in an urban setting
The place you’d most like to visit: Greece. We were supposed to go for our honeymoon but couldn't afford to do it right.
Best thing that ever happened to you: Meeting my wife.
Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: I can touch my tongue to my nose AND to my chin! :carrot:

Hot Harmony
01-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Basic facts:
Name: Harmony
Where you live: Detroit
Where you grew up: CO/MI
Do you have kids? How old? 1, 12 months
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? 1 DH, 1 DS and 3 DOGS

Why did you choose South Beach? I loose weight with SB
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term?
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? I would love to be down to my pre wedding and pre baby weight ultimately and to be more active. My husband is also doing south beach with me and my dad as well.

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: Where the sidewalk ends
Favorite kinds of music / bands: all
Favorite movies: 300, office space, juno, little miss sunshine, superbad I could go on and on.
Favorite saying / quote: Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO"
Favorite holiday: Christmas Eve, it is the my son's birthday
Hobbies: sewing, cooking

The place you’d most like to visit: Costa Rica
Best thing that ever happened to you: My Husband

ajowens
01-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Username/name - ajowens
Age - 28
Birthday - August 1
Marital status - Married over a year but still feel like honeymooners =)
Children/Ages - Not yet =(
Pets - Finch/Dog/4 and Molly/Dog/3.5
Top weight - 180
Current weight - 162
Goal weight - 125 (They say 101-135 so that is on the higher end)
Height - 5' 2" barely
Eye color - hazel
Hair color - brown now
Occupation - Post Production
Geographic location - Tempe, AZ temporarily
Favorite color - right now it is red
Favorite foods - spaghetti and sushi
Favorite exercise - walking
Favorite books - I am 1/2 way through prob 12 right now
Favorite movie - Breakfast at Tiffany's
Favorite music - 1940's
Favorite diet cheat - sushi of any kind or cereal
Why did you choose South Beach? - I have a friend that is on a modified plan is killing it.
Reasons for wanting to lose weight - Made of honor in best friends wedding 7/17

ajowens
01-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Ruthxxx- I absolutely love you! You are amazing.

MsWannaBSlim
01-12-2010, 11:38 AM
User name/name: MsWannaBSlim

Birthday: January 4

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 1997

Children/ages: Girl-14 Boy-11 Boy-3

TOP WEIGHT: 224-ish...

GOAL WEIGHT: 180

HEIGHT: 5' 4"

HAIR COLOR: Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, Traveling, Reading, Scrapbooking, most recently, Brain Age, friends and family

PETS: Just some fishies

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Canada

FAVORITE FOODS: Lobster, salty snack foods, gravies and rich sauces.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Speed walking with a buddy

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Gone With The Wind, The Red Tent

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Lately, the Hangover and romantic comedies

FAVORITE MUSIC: Jazz, Hip Hop, Oldies, Top 40

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Food Addiction, over-eater, binger

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I set a realistic goal that I should be able to maintain. I accept I will likely not have the ability to maintain a waif like appearance. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin. I want a long term change. I do not want to go through this again.

tammies00
01-18-2010, 11:56 AM
User name/name: Tammie

Birthday: July 7

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 2000

Children/ages: Girl-11 yrs; Boy- 8 yrs

TOP WEIGHT: 230

CURRENT WEIGHT: 222

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, Reading, knitting, spending time with family

PETS: 2 dogs 1 yr old black lab and 6 yr jack russel terror

OCCUPATION: travel agent at the moment….going back to school to get business degree

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Alabama

FAVORITE COLOR: RED

FAVORITE FOODS: too many to name

FAVORITE EXERCISE: YUCK! Maybe walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): murder/mystery and some sci fi

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): romantic comedies and dramas murder/mystery and some sci fi

FAVORITE MUSIC: country

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I sabotage myself

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am determined. I am tired of being and feeling fat.

KicknKnit
01-20-2010, 02:24 PM
User name/name: KicknKnit/Jennifer

BIRTHDAY: Nov 20

MARITAL STATUS: Happily Partnered

Children/ages: no thanks.

TOP WEIGHT: 174

CURRENT WEIGHT: 169

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

EYE COLOR: Green

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crochet, knitting, Shotokan Karate, sewing, movies, Broadway Baby, Star Trek Geek

PETS: 2 bullmastiffs StoVoQor and ParmaQay, 1 cat Chaos

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New York State

FAVORITE COLOR: Yes

FAVORITE FOODS: too many to count.. die hard foodie.. I tend to remember the exceptional foods and the places I ate them.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Shotokan karate

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Any Stephen King

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): too many to count.

FAVORITE MUSIC: eclectic...my iPod is confused.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: cheating.. and not having real structure

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I like that I'm already getting a lot of "instant" feedback... 4lbs gone.. my karate training has "clicked" after 2 years of huffing and puffing, I finally had two good classes where I wasn't exhaused.. you really do need to feed the machine the proper fuel. Plus my parter is finally fed up with her weight and ready to take charge. Together, we can do it!

futonbunny
01-26-2010, 07:45 PM
User name/name: Futonbunny/Celia

Birthday: December 10

MARITAL STATUS: Single but with a live in boyfriend

TOP WEIGHT: 220

CURRENT WEIGHT: 209

GOAL WEIGHT: 160 (Maybe lower depending on how I feel/look when I get there)

HEIGHT: 5' 8"

HAIR COLOR: Reddish Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, Reading, Belly Dancing

PETS: Lucy - My cat, Paulie - My boyfriend's cat

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Virginia

FAVORITE COLOR: None specifically

FAVORITE FOODS: salads. No, really, I love good fresh lettuce. Also cheeseburgers

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Belly dancing! In fact I love to dance in general.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): It changes all the time but my favorite author is Neil Gaimon

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Everything's Illuminated, Clueless, Inglorious *******s, Mirror Mask, Human Traffic

FAVORITE MUSIC: I love just about everything (not really country) but I listen to a lot of funk/disco/soul and house music. Especially combinations of both.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Motivation.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: This time I'm motivated to make a difference in my weight and keep it that way!

tigerkt2007
01-29-2010, 01:39 PM
User name/name: tigerkt2007/ Katie

Birthday: July 10th

MARITAL STATUS: single...I've never had a boyfriend. This makes me feel lame. haha

Children/ages: none

TOP WEIGHT: 215.5

CURRENT WEIGHT: 205

GOAL WEIGHT: 167-175

HEIGHT: 5' 10"

HAIR COLOR: hazel green

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I LOVE to watch baseball. It is my absolute favorite thing, I know more about baseball than most men...which is awesome. I'm a fan of the Colorado Rockies. I also love football, the Denver Broncos and the Wyoming Cowboys are my teams. I enjoy reading and watching movies. I also love to write.

PETS: A cat named Emma, two dogs named Maggie and Joe and a turtle named Steven

OCCUPATION: I am a full time student at CU Denver and I work as a sales associate at Forever 21 part time.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Arvada, Colorado...a suburb of Denver

FAVORITE COLOR: purple!!!

FAVORITE FOODS: gosh...I really love cake. I really, really love cake. I also love steak with a sweet potato and chicken strips.

FAVORITE EXERCISE:I like to ride my bike in the summer

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I have so many, but I love A Tree Grows In Brooklyn

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Bull Durham

FAVORITE MUSIC: country! Jason Aldean to be exact! :D I also like The All-American Rejects and I'm a huge fan of Kris Allen, who won American Idol last season.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I've always been the "fat friend" and I'm tired of it. Plus, I over eat all the time. I don't make good choices at all with my food.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: This is my first serious diet. I'm anxious.

RachelG83
02-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi, I'm new. :)

User name/name: RachelG83

Birthday: May 29

MARITAL STATUS: Married since May 22, 2006

Children/ages: None yet :( Infertility.

TOP WEIGHT: 238

CURRENT WEIGHT: 220

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 (it's a stretch but I'm going to try)

HEIGHT: 5' 6"

HAIR COLOR: Dark Blond/Light brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, family&friends, traveling, church

PETS: 3 dogs (Zoey - long haired chihuahua, Rocky - short haired chihuahua, Diva - Eskimo Spitz)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Tennessee (Born & raised in Chicagoland)

FAVORITE COLOR: Purple

FAVORITE FOODS: Before or after SBD? :)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Treadmill (but I don't have one) 30 Day Shred & The Biggest Loser Cardio Max

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Jodi Picoult is my favorite author right now.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Too many to name...romantic comedys and dramas

FAVORITE MUSIC: Everything except twangy country and most rap

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love food too much and have a husband who doesn't like anything healthy!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm tired of looking like this and feeling bad about myself. I am determined to get it off for my health. I've been trying to get pregnant for 2 1/2 years and something's just got to give. I can't control my fertility but I can control what I put in my mouth!

joycemmn
02-05-2010, 08:39 AM
User name/name: Joycemmn/Joyce

Birthday: September 22, 1953

TOP WEIGHT: 210

CURRENT WEIGHT: 201.5

GOAL WEIGHT: 140 (size 12)-days of longing to be model skinny are OVER

HAIR COLOR: Silver

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, watching movies, etc.

PETS: 1 dog

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southern California

FAVORITE COLOR: Red

FAVORITE FOODS: Steak, cheese, eggs

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Bible-This year I am reading it from cover to cover, finally

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Lars and the Real Girl, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

FAVORITE MUSIC: All kinds of music

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Definitely emotional eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I can't count calories anymore. I can't diet anymore. I've done that since I was 13. I need and want a lifestyle change that the South Beach Diet can provide. I am so tired of being fat. It has to end. And lucky for me, I love all the foods South Beach offers us.

Maryjaneld
02-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Basic facts
Name (real first name if you feel comforable):Lauren

Age (or general age group): 29

Where you live: Westchester, NY, a suburb outside NYC

Where you grew up: Rockland, NY, another suburb outside NYC

Other places you’ve lived: Geneseo, Ny (outside Rochester, NY), Queens,NY

Do you have kids? How old? None

Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? I'm the oldest. My younger brother is 27

Languages, beside English, you speak: I do pretty well in Spanish and use it when teaching a lot

Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? Roommate

Current job or field of work / studies: Kindergarten teacher

Why did you choose South Beach? Healthy, non processed foods, quick weight loss in beginning for motivation to stay on diet

What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Long term - Be healthy and not have a stroke when i'm older. Short term - wear a bikini this summer

Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? By myself

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: I like chick lit - The something borrowed/ something blue series, anything by Nicholas Sparks, the Twilight series, i'm into vampires lately.
Favorite kinds of music / bands: Top 20 stuff, rock

Favorite movies: "The American President", "Remember the Titans", "Grease", anything teeny boppery like "Never Been Kissed"

Favorite saying / quote: I just want to walk thru my life unarmed.

Favorite holiday: Halloween

Hobbies: reading, cooking, shopping

Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I love to be outside, hiking, swimming, boating, etc.

Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? suburban

The place you’d most like to visit: Hawaii, Australia, France

Best thing that ever happened to you: meeting my great friends, finding a job I love with great colleagues

And now questions unanswered above from the original questionnaire:

BIRTHDAY: July 23rd

MARITAL STATUS: In a long distance relationship with a guy in Virginia

TOP WEIGHT:173

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 148

GOAL WEIGHT: 120

HEIGHT: 4"11"

FAVORITE FOODS: Japanese

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Exercise videos, cardio, strength training, at the moment almost done with Slim in 6

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Losing the weight, then not being as healthy as before, slacking off, and regaining it....getting sick and not exercising

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am committed to success!

JATX3
02-10-2010, 05:15 PM
User name/name: JATX3/Julia

Birthday: August 18

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 2004 to my best friend

Children/ages: Boy 16 weeks

TOP WEIGHT: 226

CURRENT WEIGHT: 210

GOAL WEIGHT: 165ish (we'll see when I get there)

HEIGHT: 5' 11"

HAIR COLOR: Blonde that is starting to darken

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, watching movies, baking/cooking

PETS: Dog (mutt), 3 cats (I was ready to stop at 1) all rescues

OCCUPATION: RN, currently SAHM and attending classes to become librarian

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Cincinnati/N. KY

FAVORITE COLOR: Green

FAVORITE FOODS: Never met a cupcake I didn't like, any baked good with sugar, Italian food

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Yoga Booty Ballet

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Hard to narrow down. Love Pride and Prejudice, most of Jodi Picoult's work

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Mel Brooks movies, Love Actually, The Princess Bride, I could go on for awhile

FAVORITE MUSIC: Just about anything besides most country

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Getting motivated to start. I have done South Beach before and lost 50 pounds. Now I'm back to it to get off the baby weight.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I know that I can do it. South Beach is great, just restrictive enough to keep me from straying too much but flexible enough to work. I also love the foods we can eat!

kip
02-11-2010, 10:35 AM
User name/name: kip

Birthday: Aug 17

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 1999

Children/ages: Girl - 6 years old

TOP WEIGHT: 183

CURRENT WEIGHT: 177

GOAL WEIGHT: 145 - 150

HEIGHT: 5' 2"

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Camping, Hiking, Biking, Reading, Cooking, Gardening, Decorating, Cars, Spending time with my family

PETS: 2 cats

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: KY

FAVORITE COLOR: Brown, Silver, Black

FAVORITE FOODS: Just about anything except black olives and mustard!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking, hiking, bike riding, wii fit

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Simple Abundance, Farm Chicks, really too many to list

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Office Space, too many to list here as well!

FAVORITE MUSIC: 90s, Alternative, rock, hip hop, country, pop

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying on track

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm ready to do this! DH and I went on south beach in 2007, he lost about 50 pounds and I lost a little over 20. Stopped at Thanksgiving and never got back on. IN the past two years the weight has slowly crept back on and we are really tired of feeling run down all the time, not to mention the frustration of having no clothes that fit! This time is it! And while we may cheat for the holidays, we've both made the commitment to get back on it immediately after out "bad" day!

3KidsMom
02-15-2010, 06:17 PM
User name/name: 3KidsMom

MARITAL STATUS: Married for 16 years

Children: 3 Boys

TOP WEIGHT: 198

CURRENT WEIGHT: 185

GOAL WEIGHT: 155-160

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Decorating and Gardening

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NC

FAVORITE COLOR: Plum

FAVORITE FOODS: Seafood, Chinese food and pizza

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Twilight

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Loved It's Complicate, not sure I have a favorite though.

FAVORITE MUSIC: All kinds, mostly rock

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have not been able to lose all the weight after the 3rd child. I think that in combination with getting older, it's been difficult.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am finally looking at it as a lifestyle change instead of cringing every time I hear someone say it. I have high cholesterol, stomach problems, fatigue, etc. so I really need to lose this 25 pounds for my health. And it's going to be so nice to look good again!

sarcruze
02-18-2010, 04:17 AM
User name/name:Sarah

Birthday: 3/23

MARITAL STATUS: Married 1yr in March

Children/ages: 0

TOP WEIGHT: 302

CURRENT WEIGHT: 284

HEIGHT: 5'7

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, Dancing, Music, playing the piano

PETS: 0

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Arizona

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican, salsa and chips w/ guacamole

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical and treadmill

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Sloppy Firsts, Sookie Stackhouse series, Black Dagger Brotherhood series

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink

FAVORITE MUSIC: I love all genres, but No Doubt is my absolute favorite

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I will diet and exercise and lose a good amount of weight, but then I always go back to my bad ways. And my husband is a skinny bean pole who eats junk food, its hard to be around him when I am dieting

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to be happy and love myself. I can't ever remember a time when I was. And its all due to me being overweight. I don't live life, I just exist in it. I DO NOT take pictures EVER. I just want to be comfortable in my own skin and be carefree. I want to feel 27 not 65.

artic123
02-19-2010, 02:20 PM
User name/name: Artic123

BIRTHDAY: March 8

MARITAL STATUS: unMarried

Children/ages: Ricky 47

TOP WEIGHT: 300

CURRENT WEIGHT: 170

GOAL WEIGHT: 138

HEIGHT: 5'4"

HAIR COLOR: Brown or whichever wig I am wearing.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crochet, needlepoint, reading (big time) cooking plus entertaining and exercising

PETS: Kitties: Tallulah and Beauty

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New Jersey, United States

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue and teal

FAVORITE FOODS: chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: yoga, pilates and weight lifting

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Good Earth, Kite Runner, Thousand Splendid Suns

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Working Girl

FAVORITE MUSIC: new age and classical

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Cannot maintain a steady good weight. Thyroid problems and bulemic

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to be healthy in my old age.

~Sharon
South Beach Newbie,

WaistingTime
02-21-2010, 04:27 PM
1. Open 2 windows. (1) Beacher Bios (2) Your user CP panel > Edit Signature.

2. Find your bio and click on the little number in the right hand top corner. That will open your bio in a new window (or tab). Copy the URL of the new window.

3. Go to your Edit Signature window and type "My Beacher Bio" or whatever you want to use as text for your link.

4. Highlight the text and click on the link button at the top of the window. (The globe with the chain links below it.) Paste in the URL.

5. Preview/and or Save.

RenRen
02-22-2010, 01:59 PM
USER NAME: RenRen / Rennie

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 2001

CHILDREN: 2 boys, 6 and 3

TOP WEIGHT: 175

CURRENT WEIGHT: 153

HEIGHT: 5' 3"

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, spending time with my family,

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NY

FAVORITE FOODS: Ice Cream!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: None, if I had to pick WiiFit

FAVORITE BOOK(S): This is an endless list

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Dumb comedies

FAVORITE MUSIC: Indie/Alternative

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love to eat. Eating is celebrated in my family.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I feel sick when I’m not eating SB style. I wake up with a food hangover and I’m tired of the way it makes me feel.

Myrith
02-22-2010, 09:22 PM
USER NAME: Myrith

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced since 1998 - Yes!

CHILDREN: 2 grown sons

CURRENT WEIGHT: 218

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, movies, Toastmasters, traveling

PETS: cat

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: AZ

FAVORITE COLOR: Blue, black or turquoise

FAVORITE FOODS: Chocolate -- darn it!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: People have favorites???

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Too many to list but favorite genres: SciFi, Fantasy, Adventure

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): As long as it's not a gory slasher, I'm game

FAVORITE MUSIC: Classic rock, jazz, classical

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have arthritis in one of my ankles, making activity very difficult. I quit smoking 3 years ago, went into menopause and the more weight I gained, the harder it was on the ankle.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: For the first time since I was in my 20s and used Atkins, I've found a way to eat that I haven't gotten bored with and am actually losing weight. If I can lose enough, there's a chance I can get a joint replacement for the ankle. Woo Hoo!

burbu
02-24-2010, 06:08 PM
USER NAME: Burbu

MARITAL STATUS: Happily cohabitating with boyfriend of 6 years

CHILDREN: None yet, but hopefully in a few years

TOP WEIGHT: 169

CURRENT WEIGHT: 162

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, running, crocheting, tv junkie

PETS: Nope.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: MA

FAVORITE COLOR: Midnight blue

FAVORITE FOODS: Boneless buffalo wings with extra bleu cheese - sigh.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Running

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Right now none - grad school has temporarily taken all joy out of reading.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Love Actually, To Have and Have Not

FAVORITE MUSIC: Pretty much anything except heavy metal, rap and blue grass.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Time and consistency. I'm a full time grad student and work part time, so planning food and fitting in exercise is difficult. I usually start a plan, but then get lazy and stop.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I turned 30, and all those things that used to seem so far away are rapidly approaching. I want to feel proud of how I look when I get married, and be healthy when it's time to have kids in a few years. I can't keep putting it off anymore - I need to lose the weight now to have a healthier future.

mizzmoe01
02-26-2010, 12:43 PM
User name/name: mizzmoe01/Monica or Moe for short

Birthday: May 2

Children/ages: Kianna age 8, Damien age 2

TOP WEIGHT: 130

CURRENT WEIGHT: 126

GOAL WEIGHT: 110-115

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: family, cooking, reading, traveling, tv (hate to admit it but it's true)

PETS: Magnus our 130 lb dog, and Lou Kitty the currently missing cat

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: California Central Coast

FAVORITE COLOR: hot pink

FAVORITE FOODS: Italian, Chinese... I love it all!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I hate exercising, does the WII count? I love that...

FAVORITE BOOK(S): right now the Sookie Stackhouse novels, but that will change next time I read a good book. Pride and Prejudice is my all time fav...

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Dramas mostly...

FAVORITE MUSIC: I like it all... listen to country when the kids are in the car, rap by myself, rock with the hubby, classical while I clean...

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I never had weight issues until after my second child. I do not like going to the gym though... so that's hindering me.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I never really dieted before. I have always been the skinny girl of my group of friends. In high school my metabolism was on hyper drive, and now it's gone and left me! I was under 100 lbs when I got pregnant with my first, and weighed 127 9 months pregnant. With my second I was about 115 lb when I got pregnant and 140 when I was 9 months pregnant. Weighing 130 lbs 2 years later doesn't seem like a lot, but when you've only been this heavy very pregnant, it's hard. You can literally see the spare tire sitting on my hips. I want to get healthy and teach my daughter how to live a healthy lifestyle so that way she will never allow herself to slowing creep up in weight.

utmelody
03-10-2010, 11:45 AM
User name/name: utmelody

Birthday: November 1

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 2003

Children/ages: Little Boy - 2.5 years

TOP WEIGHT: 154

CURRENT WEIGHT: 127

GOAL WEIGHT: 120 (seem to be stuck at 125-127)

HAIR COLOR: Light Brown/Blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, watching movies, playing with my boy!

PETS: Dog (Polar White Lab)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: North Texas

FAVORITE FOODS: Sushi, Indian, Steak, Salads

FAVORITE EXERCISE: 24 Hour S.E.T Class

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I like historical fiction, mysteries, & chick lit

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): too many!

FAVORITE MUSIC: Pop punk, emo, rock, alternative

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Had great success with South Beach this year, but have stalled. Having a hard time finding balance in Phase 2.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I know that it is a way of LIFE and not just a short term solution. Also, I gave away all my larger clothes. haha

sunnybella
03-11-2010, 05:17 PM
User name/name: sunnybella

Birthday: September 27

MARITAL STATUS: Single; never married

Children/ages: no kids

TOP WEIGHT: I remember once being 176

CURRENT WEIGHT: 170

GOAL WEIGHT: 140-145

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Listening to live music, wine tasting, baking, movies, traveling

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Texas

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican food/ Soul food

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Turbo Kick, intervals on the treadmill

FAVORITE BOOK(S): To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby, Their Eyes Were Watching God, sooo many more

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Pretty in Pink, The Best Man, GoodFellas, I'm kinda all over the place with movies :)

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I gained a bunch of weight after a stressful job once I finished college, I have never fully lost what I gained

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am committed to making a lifestyle change and want to be healthy, not just look good (but that is a perk!). I realize now before I have kids and a family is the perfect time to take control of my weight.

soiley
03-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Basic facts
Name (real first name if you feel comforable): Jerie

Age (or general age group): 64

Where you live: Arizona

Where you grew up: too numerous to count - navy brat, navy member, navy wife

Do you have kids? How old? Jim (43), Kevin (41); and 5 granddaughters (20,19,17,14,10)

Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Oldest with 1 younger brother

Languages, beside English, you speak: un poquito Espanol

Who do you live with: Alone

Current job or field of work: Retired (was Computer Operations Analyst for the State of AZ)

Why did you choose South Beach? It seemed like after the first 2 weeks, it could be a permanant way of life.

What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? - Short term, to lose wt and get diabetes under control. Long term, to get off some of the 17 different meds I take and ease my body's aches and pains from dragging all the weight around for 50+ years.

Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? - by myself

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: "To Kill a Mockingbird", mysteries, poetry, anything else with words on paper :)

Favorite kinds of music / bands: The Beatles (both as a band & individually); just about everthing else except obscene rap

Favorite movies: "Casablanca", all of Hitchcock's movies, historicals, & guilty pleasure - chick flicks.

Favorite saying / quote: See my sig; Never eat anything you can't lift (Miss Piggy)

Favorite holiday: Fourth of July

Hobbies: Needlework, garden, music, grandkids

Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? - I don't do going to the bathroom in the rough, so I guess that would be no camping.

Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? - Suburban

The place you’d most like to visit: Scotland (my ancestry)

Best thing that ever happened to you: Kids & Grandkids

Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: When I'm alone, I dance.

And now questions unanswered above from the original questionnaire:

BIRTHDAY: November 7

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced a looooong time

TOP WEIGHT: 265

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 210

GOAL WEIGHT: in the 130-140 range

HEIGHT: 5'4"

HAIR COLOR: Gray

FAVORITE COLOR: Rainbows :)

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican, potatoes (any way), salty crunchies

FAVORITE EXERCISE: None of it

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Being physically unable to do most kinds of excercise; emotional eating;

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm going to die too soon if I don't lose weight & get my medical problems in control.

LaLaurie
03-16-2010, 02:35 PM
User name/name: LaLaurie

Birthday: September 29

MARITAL STATUS: divorced since 2000

Children/ages: 4, all grown and moved away

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HAIR COLOR: dark brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, sewing, decorating

PETS: a fraidy cat

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: North Louisiana

FAVORITE COLOR: sage green

FAVORITE FOODS: chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate pie, well, you get the picture

FAVORITE EXERCISE: right now I like the treadmill, but I miss my old Jane Fonda VHS tapes

FAVORITE BOOK(S): the Nate Heller series by Max Allan Collins

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): It Happened One Night (ah, Clark Gable!)

FAVORITE MUSIC: Celtic

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: that old sugar addiction and using food as a drug

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I lost the first 28 pounds through Medifast, but it's not a way of life. I did, though, kick that food addiction and am ready to eat healthy foods. Knowing my triggers and having plans in place are vital for me.

ChelseaW
03-24-2010, 03:03 PM
User name/name: ChelseaW

Birthday: January 31

MARITAL STATUS: Married for almost 8 years

Children/ages: My son Sawyer will be 5 in May

CURRENT WEIGHT: See ticker

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, blogging, music (I play guitar), soapmaking, French cooking, TV (favorite shows: LOST, The Office, Arrested Development)

PETS: Penny, our hound mix rescue dog

OCCUPATION: stay at home mom, small business owner (I make and sell natural soaps)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: DC Area

FAVORITE COLOR: blue

FAVORITE FOODS: fruits, veggies, chocolate

FAVORITE EXERCISE: hiking, yoga, biking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Farming of Bones, A Wrinkle in Time, Bridget Jones' Diary, Pride and Prejudice, A Year in Provence...and many more I can't think of

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Sense and Sensibility, Meet the Parents, Amelie

FAVORITE MUSIC: folk, alternative, rock

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I gained weight after injuring my back in a car accident and having my son. I tend to lose reeeallly slowly so I lose motivation after a while.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am going to stick to this plan long term - regardless of how much weight I lose (or don't lose) in the first few months. Quick fixes never work, I'm in it for the long haul!

LosinitinCO
03-27-2010, 12:58 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User name/name: Losinitinco

Birthday: November 4

MARITAL STATUS: Married for 3 years

Children/ages: My son Logan is 2

TOP WEIGHT: 197

CURRENT WEIGHT: 190

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HAIR COLOR: Brunette

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Swimming, tennis, shopping, cooking, playing with my son

PETS: Chevy, our black lab puppy

OCCUPATION: Federal Governement contractor, working on 2 start up companies

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Beautiful Colorado

FAVORITE COLOR: pink

FAVORITE FOODS: fruit, fudgsicles, pistachios, Crystal Light

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Zumba, swimming, tennis, the Wave by the Firm

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Plum series by Janet Evanovich

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Sweet Home Alabama, Pretty Woman, Gone with the Wind

FAVORITE MUSIC: country, alternative

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I get discouraged easily, and if I do see results I use them as an excuse to ease up on my program and end up gaining it all back. Plus, I need accountability.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am looking for a lifestyle change not a diet. I am not doing Day One of a diet ever again. I will lose this weight to be the mom, wife, friend, and daughter that I want to be. There is no going back this time, I want to get off the sidelines and be an active participant in my life.

neena404
03-31-2010, 02:01 PM
User name/name: Neena404

Birthday: June 3

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

Children/ages: Daughter 8

TOP WEIGHT: 198

CURRENT WEIGHT: 186.8

HEIGHT: 5'7

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Vacations, eating

PETS: N/A

OCCUPATION: Day job-Purchasing / On the side- Own clothing line

FAVORITE COLOR: Black

FAVORITE FOODS: French fries, pizza, pasta, Chinese, kalbi

FAVORITE EXERCISE: anything that doesn't feel like exercise

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Twilight

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Blind Side,

FAVORITE MUSIC: Everything but heavy metal!

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Always gaining!!! I travel a lot so every time I'm away, I swear I will eat correctly and it never happens. No will power :?:

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have an amazing best friend that is on the same track and we have a trip to Hawaii in 6 weeks and I have to lose something by then, at least 12 lbs!!

tamaraceleste
04-02-2010, 04:44 PM
User name/name: tamaraceleste

Birthday: January 31

MARITAL STATUS: Married since November 20, 2009

Children/ages: Girl-4

TOP WEIGHT: 270

CURRENT WEIGHT:242.8

GOAL WEIGHT: 175

HEIGHT: 5' 5

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, Traveling, Reading, friends and family

PETS: Gato

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: South America

FAVORITE FOODS: Pasta, Chocolate, Donut, Cakes, Pizza

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical and personal training

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Don't really have one.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Five Heart Beats

FAVORITE MUSIC: R&B, POP

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have been overweight since I was a little girl.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have not been this heavy since 2001. I can not fit my clothes and I am miserable.

TinaT
04-02-2010, 04:55 PM
User name/name: TinaT/Tina

Birthday: October 8th

MARITAL STATUS: Married on October 22, 2006

Children/ages: Girl (Violet) almost 3 years

TOP WEIGHT: 160

CURRENT WEIGHT: 148

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HAIR COLOR: Naturally light brown, I color it darker ;)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Ministry in my church, spending time with family, cooking for my family and friends, reading, writing, watching movies, teaching my daughter

PETS: 2 cats (Mouse, 6, and Leia, 3, both mixes) and 1 dog, Lucius, a Rottweiler mix

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Nevada

FAVORITE FOODS: Pizza, cereal, chips, you know the junk that's not good for you ;)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Pilates, Just Dance game for Wii

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The bible, the Twilight series, anything my John Grisham.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Lots!

FAVORITE MUSIC: Christian alternative

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Can't lose the baby weight, have had it for almost 3 years :(

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am tired of not liking what my body looks like, and I want to change it! I have problems with blood pressure too, I need to get in shape in order to lower it. I want to look good for my upcoming trips!

GeoKasher
04-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Basic facts

Name (real first name if you feel comfortable): Rhonda

Age (or general age group): 43

Where you live: small town in northern PA

Where you grew up: same place

Other places you’ve lived: Virginia

Do you have kids? How old? Yes, we have 5. Their ages are 22, 21, 20, 17 and 16

Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? I am the oldest and have 2 brothers

Languages, beside English, you speak: none

Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? I live with my husband, our youngest son and both daughters

Current job or field of work / studies: I am the assistant county librarian for our library system and am also working on a degree in accounting

Why did you choose South Beach? I was diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia (my blood sugar drops too low a couple hours after eating) and researched what the best plan of eating would be. SB is similar to WW's Core which I have done before but doesn't seem to be so restrictive long-term for foods that help with the hypoglycemia

What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? I want to get the hypoglycemia under control so that I'm not shaking all the time and I also want to lose another 13 pounds or so.

Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? I'm pretty much on my own.

Beyond the facts

Favorite books: The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Favorite kinds of music / bands: 70s music

Favorite movies: not much of a movie watcher

Favorite saying / quote: ?

Favorite holiday: Christmas

Hobbies:Reading, Geocaching, crocheting

Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I prefer comfort, but do a lot of hiking while geocaching

Do you live somewhere urban, rural, or suburban? We live in town, but it's still very rural compared to a lot of places

The place you’d most like to visit: Iceland

Best thing that ever happened to you: married my high school sweetheart

Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: I was in an infomercial for Denise Austin a few years ago and am also featured as a success story in her book that was published this year. VERY few people know that believe it or not!

BIRTHDAY: January 10

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 1984

TOP WEIGHT:191.8

SB STARTING WEIGHT: 141

GOAL WEIGHT: 129

HEIGHT: 5'3"

FAVORITE COLOR: orange

FAVORITE FOODS: pizza, salads

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking, Leslie Sansone walking workouts, yoga

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: having problems fitting my small meals and snacks each day into WW points

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: This time I need to do this for my health. I cannot gain the weight back. And I just plain want to look good! ;)

jazzmegirl
04-05-2010, 02:01 PM
First name Amie, age 37, height five three. Highest weight, 175 pounds. Current weight, 152, goal weight 130. Why did you choose South Beach, I take meds for bipolar that cause weight gain and hypoglycemia, need to cut simple carbs and get my blood sugar under control. Children, daughter, 13. Relationship status, committed relationship since 2007. Pets, 7, two dogs, five cats. Occupation, jazz vocalist. Favorite book, Portrait of Jennie. Favorite movie, A Place in the Sun. Favorite food, pasta, ice cream. Obstacles to weight loss, never been able to stick to a diet, because I always got hungry and deprived. What's different this time, I'm not doing some fad, SB is realistic and is in line with my health goals. Hobbies, singing, talking on the phone, having coffee, reading. Favorite exercise, stationary bike. Something not too many people know about me, I seriously considered becoming a minister.

lisa130
04-07-2010, 04:15 PM
User name/name: Lisa

Birthday: January 30

MARITAL STATUS: Single; Boyfriend for 6 months

Children/ages: Not yet :)

TOP WEIGHT: Unsure, probably 160's

CURRENT WEIGHT: 150

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I go to school, am aiming to complete a PharmD/JD dual degree in 6 years; I play piano for stress relief, love to boat in the summer, travel when I have $$, love TV (favorite shows: V, LOST, The Office, Modern Family, Community, 30Rock, Arrested Development)

PETS: Rocco & Chloe (2 tuxedo cats)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Chicago suburbs

FAVORITE COLOR: purple

FAVORITE FOODS: french bread, manchego cheese, mint chip ice cream (haven't had these for so long :( ).

FAVORITE EXERCISE: incline walking, strength training, swimming when it's nice out,

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Matrix, Resident Evil I and II, Underworld, Star Wars II, III, IV, V, yes I'm a nerd.

FAVORITE MUSIC: indie, screamo, rock

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Unsure of why it is so hard for me to lose. Have lost no weight on SBD Phase 1, but determined to keep trying and add exercise

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am miserable and uncomfortable at my current weight, and have been this way for years. Now that I have graduated college, I have no excuses - time to start losing and be able to look at myself in the mirror!

cyndi0107
04-09-2010, 03:47 PM
User name/name: Cyndi0107/Cyndi

Birthday: Jan 7

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 1998

Children/ages: Daughter-11 Daughter-3

TOP WEIGHT: 292

CURRENT WEIGHT: 281

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Scrapbooking, papercrafting, computer games

PETS: dog-Onyx

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ohio

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican

FAVORITE EXERCISE: treadmill

FAVORITE BOOK(S): anything by Dean Koontz

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Coyote Ugly

FAVORITE MUSIC: just about anything

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: This is the first time I have tried to lose weight.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Since I haven't tried before it is not a different diet, but a different way of eating. I am looking at this as a lifestyle change. I am doing it to be healthy for my kids.

spirit2010
04-18-2010, 11:54 AM
User name/name: Spirit2010/Sheryl

Birthday: 9/22

TOP WEIGHT: 210

CURRENT WEIGHT: 198.5

HAIR COLOR: Silver

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, watching old movies, new hobby is cooking South Beach-style, photography

PETS: None

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: California

FAVORITE FOODS: Chinese

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I can Make you Thin by Paul McKenna

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

FAVORITE MUSIC: Jazz

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Commitment to counting - points, calories, carbs, fats, etc.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: This is not another diet, but a lifestyle change. NO COUNTING!!!!

Myrith
04-23-2010, 08:21 PM
User name/name: Myrith

Birthday: 4/11

MARITAL STATUS: Deliriously divorced -- loving it!

Children/ages: 2 grown sons

CURRENT WEIGHT: 206

GOAL WEIGHT: 155

HAIR COLOR: Light Golden Brown -- just ask Clairol

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading when I have time, watching movies, sewing/crafty, Toastmasters

PETS: Down to one cat

FAVORITE FOODS: If I could list them, I probably wouldn't have a weight issue

FAVORITE EXERCISE: swimming

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I have favorite authors, not just books -- mostly scifi/fantasy genres

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): another long list -- classics like the Topper movies to Avatar

FAVORITE MUSIC: classic rock, light country, jazz/blues, classical

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: disability in an ankle limiting activity, boredom eating-without-thinking

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I had convinced myself that being post-menopausal with a bum ankle and sedentary job had sentenced me to ending life overweight. South Beach has taught me how wrong I was! While the food is prep-intensive, I find I enjoy the chopping, dicing, blending, stirring, etc. more now that ever before. The food is great tasting, easy on the eyes and very, very satisfying. What's different? EVERYTHING!

fcmonroe
05-02-2010, 04:55 PM
User name/name: fcmonroe/Frances

Birthday: March 18

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 1987

Children/ages: Boy-13

TOP WEIGHT: 245

CURRENT WEIGHT: 240

GOAL WEIGHT: 170

HAIR COLOR: Strawberry Blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, Traveling, Reading, friends and family

PETS: fish

FAVORITE FOODS: Chocolate, cheese

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Anything available for Kindle!

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Bladerunner

FAVORITE MUSIC: Not country, not rap, pretty much everything else

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I tend to overeat sweets.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am looking at this as a life long change. I need to become healthier to be able to do the things I want to do.

SBSuz
05-10-2010, 10:49 AM
User name/name: SBSuz/Suzan

MARITAL STATUS: Married for 11 years

Children/ages: None yet :)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: animal rescue, sewing, running (which I obviously haven't been doing!)

PETS: 1 dog, 2 cats

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southeast

FAVORITE COLOR: green

FAVORITE FOODS: stuff that's bad for me :)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: running

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I yo-yo and am tired of it!

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SOUTH BEACH? My husband's Dr. recommended it to him for his high cholesterol. We started in April of 08 and I went from 265 to 190.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I was so disgusted at myself for packing on 30 pounds this winter. I see my father who is overweight and struggling in his senior years and I SO don't want to be like him (I have his large frame and the same sweet tooth).

Jarlie
05-20-2010, 09:59 PM
User name/name: Jarlie/Johnna

MARITAL STATUS: Married for 13.5 years

Children/ages: girl 13, girl 11, boy 8, boy 3.5, boy 20 months

EYE COLOR: faded blue

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Playing D&D, writing, being a mom

PETS: 1 elderly cat

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN

FAVORITE FOODS: chocolate, pasta, french fries, whole wheat bread

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Fantasy or Sci fi / geek culture stuff. Lord of the Rings is at the top of the list, followed by the Narnia books.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Star Wars original trilogy. Gotta have Han and Chewie! Lord of the Rings is awesome. Oh and the new Alice in Wonderland movie was awesome too. and most others of a similar ilk.

FAVORITE MUSIC: I like most music. Hip hop and rap excepted.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I'm a huge sugar addict. Also, I'm generally too tired and lazy to exercise. I said "walking" is my favorite exercise but that translates to slow, leisurely stroll with many stops along the way.

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SOUTH BEACH? My hubby is VERY obese. He said I could pick the diet since I'd be the one cooking for it. I figured low carb was the way to go, and compared this to adkins. South Beach made more sense to me.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Looking in the mirror at the overhang flab is a great incentive. So is thinking how much better off my family will be with a mom who isn't so moody and has the energy to do what she needs to get done!

EiRish
05-27-2010, 02:51 PM
User name/name: EiRish

Birthday: April 22

MARITAL STATUS: Single again

Children/ages: three ages 10/12/14

TOP WEIGHT: 242

CURRENT WEIGHT: 232
GOAL WEIGHT: 165-ish will see what that feels like it has been sooooo long

HEIGHT: 5' 9"

HAIR COLOR: Red

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: My kids, crafts, sports, antiques, shopping

PETS: two dogs - one real Lab and one pretend dog Chihuahua

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Quantico, VA

FAVORITE FOODS: Unfortunately carbs
FAVORITE EXERCISE: swimming
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Jodi Piccoult or something that really removes me from my reality
FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Romantic comedies or military/CIA/spy/cop type movies

FAVORITE MUSIC: Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Grateful Dead, etc

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Never stick with anything. Have tried numerous methods, drop weight and then quit.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am no longer the person I was 50 pounds ago. My self confidence is waning and I am not making a good example for my kids with my health. I would also like to be confident in pictures with my kids, not to mention contemplate dating in the future

Natalia
05-27-2010, 03:50 PM
User name/name: Natalia/ Tara

Birthday: December 16

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 1998

Children/ages: Carter, 7, and Dawson, 2

TOP WEIGHT: 208 (pg), 178 not including pregnancies/recovery period

CURRENT WEIGHT: 164

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Traveling, shopping,my family

OCCUPATION: Airline CSSA but often on disability so enjoy being a SAHM to my 2 kids

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NB Canada

FAVORITE COLOR: Brown and red

FAVORITE FOODS: ones I can't resist have sugar/fat combo like glazed donuts, ice cream cake, eclairs, etc

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Is there such a thing?

FAVORITE BOOK(S): no fiction, really just read cookbooks, travel guides and books on helping kids on the spectrum

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): not a big movie fan, but liked Pulp Fiction, Dodgeball outtakes, Adam, 12 Monkeys, etc

FAVORITE MUSIC: alternative , pop

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Always had no control with sugar, I remember binging after mom would get the weekly groceries, but was ablt to maintain a semi-normal weight until a few courses of prednisone which made me put on 50lbs.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
I am finally getting to the root of the problem and dealing with my emotional eating, AND also the sugar addiction. I have never done it in tandem before.

rtmomma1677
06-01-2010, 07:34 AM
User name/name: Rtmomma1677/Heather

Birthday: January 6

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced since 2008

Children/ages: Bethany, 9 yrs and 10 months

TOP WEIGHT: 230

CURRENT WEIGHT: 230

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crafts (needlepoint, latch hook), reading, park/swimming with Bethany

PETS: 2 young kitties

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Union, MO

FAVORITE COLOR: blues

FAVORITE FOODS: Tex-Mex, Bar-b-q, Italian

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Uggh

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Currently reading the Southern Vampire Series by Charlaine Harris

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Goonies, Three Amigos, Animal House, Indiana Jones Series

FAVORITE MUSIC: anything but Opera and Rap

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I am diabetic and most diets have not worked because of the small amounts of food you can eat at each meal. I am also a night shift worker at a hospital so my eating schedule is really different each week due to working 3 12-hour shifts a week.

I am tired of being tired and overweight. Also this will help some of the health problems that I have (PCOS).

NewLifeofPam
06-09-2010, 05:40 PM
User name/name: NewLifeofPam/Pam

Birthday: March 13, 1971

MARITAL STATUS: Common-Law

Children/ages: no

TOP WEIGHT: 197 about 6 years ago, lost about 45 pounds and have been slowly gaining back to my start weight as of June 1st of 175

CURRENT WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5' 2.5"

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Traveling, reading, shopping, Home renos/decor

PETS: 1 dog, 1 cat, bunch of fish

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: SK Canada

FAVORITE COLOR: Pinks

FAVORITE FOODS: CHEESE, fries & gravy, stuffing, anything really fattening and with no nutritional value

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Ha - good one :) Well, if I was at goal, I would probably love swimming, water skiing, biking & running - but right now I feel ridiculous doing any of those things.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): anything but sci-fi or biographies (although not all biographies - I'm currently reading the Theoron Fleury one as well as the Patrick Swayze one and have read The Motley Crue book and the Valerie Bertinelli one - OK, I'll read just about anything I guess :)

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): I just saw Sex and the City II and it was great - won't win any awards but it made me dream about that life for a few hours.

FAVORITE MUSIC: pop, rock, pretty much anything, especially 80's rap, makes me think of my skinny, fun days :)

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Right now my biggest issue with losing is an underactive thyroid. I'm on medication which is helping the other symptoms but my attempts at weight loss for the last few years have been really, really difficult.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: The difference is I am not going on a mad crash diet to lose for a special occassion. Well, not really anyways, I'll be 40 in March and it really is my incentive, but I have 9 months to lose 50 pounds and am going to do it by making small changes in my life that will last forever. I always "fell off the wagon" with the crash diets then gave up in the past but I'm not really on a diet this time, I've entered a new stage and that is what will make me successful.

Diva
06-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Basic facts:
Name Roni
Age 43 ~Aries~
Where you live: East TN
Where you grew up: Savannah, GA & Jax, FL
Other places you’ve lived: El Paso, TX, Nashville, Marathon, Fl, Brandon, Fl,
Do you have kids? How old? Two boys. 25 & 17
Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How many siblings? Oldest of 1 brother that’s past away and 1 half brother I never see.
Who do you live with? My Fiancé’ Jesse, my youngest son and our pets.
Current job or field of work / studies: Studying Psychology and seriously considering being a Personal trainer once I lose this weight.

Why did you choose South Beach? Last Thursday I was told my triglycerides are VERY high, as is my A1c (I am Type 2 Diabetic) and cholesterol. I was told I am a heart attack waiting to happen. This scared my man and he started researching what we could do and South Beach was suggested. We immediately went out and bought the book and I started the next day. He doesn’t want me to die. This is the first time since I started this Weight-loss journey that I have his FULL support and cooperation.
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? I just answered that, LOL!

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: I love anything by Anne Rice. I’m a Vampire geek. I love the Twilight sagas, pretty much any Vampire romance I can get my hands on and I loved the Anne Rice Witch books too. I read a little of everything, it’s not limited to Vampires & Witches, those are just the most entertaining for me.
Favorite kinds of music / bands: Depends on my mood. I like it all except Rap and Opera. Alternative Rock really gets me going, but sometimes I like listening to classical and New Aged stuff to calm me.
Favorite movies: Geez, too many to name. Chick flicks, horrors, Comedies, dramas…You’ll have to Facebook me to see a full profile.
Favorite saying / quote: "Friendship isn't about who you knew the longest; but about who came and never left your side."
Favorite holiday: Christmas
Hobbies: Reading, gardening, Creating pretty things on the computer.
Passions / obsessions: Animals are my passion.
Are you a camping and hiking kind of person or do you prefer less sweaty and “roughing it” kinds of activities? I LOVE camping!
Got pets? What kind? Cats: Angel 11, Buttah-Head 9, Punky 3, Ozzy the dog is 3.5 and a Box Turtle I’ve had for 10 yrs.
The place you’d most like to visit: Ireland, Greece, England, and Italy.
Best thing that ever happened to you: Meeting my future Hubby and my dearly departed Cat Stimpy, that had it not been for him at times, I would have killed myself. Sounds corny and a bit crazy, but knowing I had to take care of him kept me here when I wanted to give up.
Tell us something else about yourself that you want to share that not too many people know: I have a dark side…

kcchubbygirl
06-11-2010, 10:31 PM
User name/name: kcchubbygirl

BIRTHDAY: January 3

MARITAL STATUS: Happily Married for almost 11 years to my best friend :-D

Children/ages: 2> 7 yr. old daughter and 6 month old son

TOP WEIGHT: my heaviest would have to be 225, when I started SB, I was 197

CURRENT WEIGHT: 185

HEIGHT: 4'11

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: love to blog, learning how to crochet, spending time with my family, playing cards at home

PETS: 1 husky chow named Harley

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Kansas

FAVORITE COLOR: Pink and Brown

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Anything by Jennifer Weiner; the Twilight Series,

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Notebook, Twilight, etc.

FAVORITE MUSIC: country

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Me and food have had a torrid love affair for years....I love love love food, even the ones that are bad for me.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My family's support and willingness to eat what I eat rather than eat something else.

SCAgirl
06-15-2010, 02:42 PM
User name/name: SCAgirl/Alexandria

Birthday: Oct 9

MARITAL STATUS: In a relationship

Children/ages: Boy-2yrs

TOP WEIGHT: 165

CURRENT WEIGHT: 151

GOAL WEIGHT: 115-120

HEIGHT: 5' 0"

HAIR COLOR: Auburn

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, Traveling, Reading, SCA, Crafts and blogging at myweightbattle,blogspot,com

PETS: Radar/ winier dog

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Texas

FAVORITE COLOR: Teal

FAVORITE FOODS: Sweets

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Swimming

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Too many to name...

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Too many to name...

FAVORITE MUSIC: heavy metal and everything else

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have had two children and numerous stresses im a stress eater

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My family has lots of heath issues and i dont want them and i need to be healthy so my son will be besides who dosent want to feel hot i know i do

Peaches5577
06-21-2010, 04:48 PM
User name/name: Peaches5577/Nickie

Birthday: May 5 (Cinco De Mayo)

MARITAL STATUS: In a Relationship, but not yet married ;)

Children/ages: none yet

TOP WEIGHT: 185.6.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 179.8

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

HAIR COLOR: Blondish

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Horses, Hiking, Travelling, Photography, Camping, etc.

PETS: 3 horses, 3 dogs and a bunch of fish.

OCCUPATION: Customer Service Representative for an Electrical Coop.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Washington State

FAVORITE COLOR: Pink and Red

FAVORITE FOODS: Steak, Chicken wings, Sushi

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Weight Lifting

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Smutty romance novels.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Armageddon, 50 first dates

FAVORITE MUSIC: Country, Hip Hop, Rock

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have learned bad snacking habits from the time I was a child. My family is huge on breads, pastas, etc.

I am the heaviest I have ever been and realized that I can blame it on no one but myself. I remember what I felt like when I was in shape and healthy and that is my goal. I want to go places and feel like a million dollars again rather than turning down invitations because I feel like crawling under a rock.

chemicalksm
06-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Well, not a diet so much as a healthy lifestyle change :) I'm new here and I wanted to fill this out 'cause it looked fun.

User name/name: chemicalksm

BIRTHDAY: Jan 12

MARITAL STATUS: Boyfriend

TOP WEIGHT: 152

CURRENT WEIGHT: 144

GOAL WEIGHT: 110

HEIGHT: 5' 0"

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: scrapbooking, music, film, shopping, being goofy :D

PETS: too many cats

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: DFW, TX

FAVORITE FOODS: Pizza and chocolate chip cookies

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Dance

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Anything by Chuck Palahniuk

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Penelope, Pride and Prejudice, (500) Days of Summer

FAVORITE MUSIC: jazz, rock, blues, electronica

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: No self control, hatred of exercise, yoyo

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't want to end up like my grandma (long story) and I want to live healthy forever, not just yoyo

mescelestus
06-22-2010, 05:43 PM
User name/name: Mescelestus/Sara

BIRTHDAY: may 9

MARITAL STATUS: Looking (for good ole' boys, not husbands yet!)

TOP WEIGHT: 262

CURRENT WEIGHT: 184

GOAL WEIGHT: 149 (for now)

HEIGHT: 5'2"

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Singing, guitar, piano...music.

PETS: A dog and a rat...that's rat, not cat lol.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Long Island New York...Moving to Nashville TN soon.

FAVORITE FOODS: Anything I am currently not supposed to eat. No, I do love cheese and broccoli, and italian food (because I AM italian, and that's home to me)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Running/walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Harry Potter, Anne Rice stuff, The stephanie plumb series by Janet Evonovitch.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Rocky horror picture show, the bird cage, grease, and the national treasure series.

FAVORITE MUSIC: Country, Jazz, Blues.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: That it is very difficult for me to lose weight even though I am young and will commit to ANYTHING 100% (as long as the guidelines are specific).

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: That I am a grown-up now, and I have already lost 80lbs.

pamhoff805
07-05-2010, 09:03 PM
User name/name: Pamhoff805/Pam
Birthday: 4/15
Marital Status: Married (17 yrs)
Children/ages: 2 girls
Top Weight: 186
Current Weight: 181.5
Goal Weight: 160
Height: 5 foot 7 inches
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Light Brown
Hobbies/Interests: Gardening, sweepstaking
Pets: None
Geographic Location: Ventura County, CA
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Foods: Grilled Salmon, Pizza, brownies, any kind of pie
Favorite Exercise: Favorite? Are you kidding?
Favorite Book(s): Steven King
Favorite Movie(s): West Side Story, Forest Gump, The Untouchables, All the President's Men, Sleepless in Seattle
Problem in Weight Loss: I hate dieting!!
What is Different This Time That Will Make You Successful: Have finally developed a significant belly - probably due to being over 50 now. Can't stand how my pants fit and WON'T buy the next size up which is in the "W's"

Jlyne327
07-19-2010, 02:09 PM
User name/name: Jlyne327

Birthday: March 27

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged ...wedding date June 25, 2011

TOP WEIGHT: 200

CURRENT WEIGHT: 194

GOAL WEIGHT: 120-135

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: photography, history, going to museums, French impressionism, American impressionism, ancient Greek and Egyptian studies

PETS: Cookie (black and white cocker spaniel), Hershey (black toy poodle), and Peanut (blue yorkshire terrier)

OCCUPATION: certified social studies teacher 7-12 ... still searching for a job

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: CT

FAVORITE COLOR: cobalt blue and olive green

FAVORITE FOODS:
Seafood: steamers, shrimp, lobster, salmon
Mexican food: fajitas, guacamole, salsa, chips, tacos
Chinese food: beef/chicken with broccoli, won ton soup, egg rolls, chicken lo mein

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I don't think I could say there's a favorite...lol

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Lord of the Rings trilogy

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): I have A LOT of favorites... I'm sort of a movie junkie.

FAVORITE MUSIC: Again, there's a lot. Right now, I'm enjoying the Beatles, Janis Joplin, The Doors, 3 Doors Down, Matchbox Twenty

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I was successful on Weight Watchers when I was sixteen and lost 30 pounds. I gained back some of the weight and maintained about 130 pounds for two years. I was happy at that weight, but then I went to live on campus. I gained weight very quickly.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm getting married in June of 2011 and want to look fabulous. I also want to be in shape when my future husband and I want to get pregnant.

RosieKate
07-27-2010, 05:22 PM
User name/name:RosieKate/Katy

Birthday:June 15

MARITAL STATUS: Married 20 yrs

Children/ages: James, 13 & Leigh, 8

TOP WEIGHT: 245(preggers)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 178

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: knitting, reading, hiking, running

PETS: Walter the shih-tzu

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: PNW

FAVORITE COLOR: red

FAVORITE FOODS: chocolate and coffee

FAVORITE EXERCISE: running, weights, kickboxing, swimming, biking - I love to exercise!

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:too many simple carbs and sugars. problems with portion control

I am hoping that phase 1 will help curb my carb/sugar cravings so I can get this last 25ish pounds off. I've lost alot and have been through very long maintenance periods on a food plan that looks very much like phase three only minus the dairy (I avoid dairy to manage my allergies), so I am hopeful that SBD is a good fit for me.

ShellydeFlores
08-01-2010, 01:36 AM
User name/name: shellydeflores/ Shelly de Flores

Birthday: Feb. 15

MARITAL STATUS: Single

TOP WEIGHT: 287

CURRENT WEIGHT: 272

GOAL WEIGHT: 139

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, swimming

PETS: Poncho, aka Tinkle Monkey (2 yr greyhound/chihuahua), Mitzi (11 year old Calico)

FAVORITE COLOR: Plum (dark purple)

FAVORITE FOODS: BREAD!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Swimming..the only time I'm practically weighless.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Oh goodness...so many.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Dutchess

FAVORITE MUSIC: Very eclectic but mostly country, alternative rock, cumbia.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Have been a chunk since I was ten years old. It didn't get to become a health problem until I graduated highschool...college hit. Then the first love/first broken heart. Then health issues that called for heavy usage of steroids for an extended period of time.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I think every person who is trying to lose weight will try and fail at a million attempts to lose weight. Until they are really ready to accept that it is a life style change, nothing will stick. I think it is my time. I am ready to accept my past, fix what I can and have the courage to move forward with my happy ever after.

criseyde
08-02-2010, 09:36 AM
User name/name: Criseyde

Birthday: Remember, Remember the fifth of November...

MARITAL STATUS: In a Relationship for 4+ years

Children/ages: Nope

TOP WEIGHT: 250-ish.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 242.6

HAIR COLOR: Confused mix of blonde and brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, watching movies, videogames

PETS: 3 cats, 1 very hyper puppy

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Middle of NE

FAVORITE FOODS: Anything Mexican

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Fantasy

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Horror/Indie

FAVORITE MUSIC: Rock

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Emotional/boredom nonstop eating.

I am 7.4 pounds away from being at my heaviest point again and I just can't get there. I'm done feeling this way. I want to change. I have the first break from school since December for three weeks and that's a perfect starting point. I will not go through another graduation (next year) being overweight.

Speck
08-02-2010, 02:14 PM
User name/name: Shannon

Birthday: June 11

MARITAL STATUS: Getting married September 18, 2010 :D

Children/ages: None yet

TOP WEIGHT: 250

CURRENT WEIGHT: 243

GOAL WEIGHT: 160-170

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Spending time with my Fiance, watching TV, trying new restaurants, reading

PETS: German Shepherd

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Bay Area, California

FAVORITE COLOR: PINK!

FAVORITE FOODS: Pizza, Potatoes, anything sweet

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical and sit ups

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Chelsea Handler's Are you there Vodka...

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Love Actually, Valentine's Day

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Ever since I was a chld I was over weight and have been dieting since as long as I can remember. I feel like I can look at food and gain weight.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to get in shape to have kids, I dont want to be out of breath or not take them somewhere because I'm too tired.

Momand2boys
08-02-2010, 02:40 PM
User name/name: Samantha

Birthday: March 30

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

Children/ages: Nate, 5, Drew, 4

TOP WEIGHT: 308

CURRENT WEIGHT: 244

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: My boys, grilling with friends and family, new adventures, trying new restaurants, reading, meeting new people

PETS: Fish

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Mount Vernon, WA

FAVORITE FOODS: Pizza, Sandwiches, pastries

FAVORITE EXERCISE: None. LOL

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Can't choose just one.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Can't choose just one.

FAVORITE MUSIC: Everything except heavy metal, classic rock or screamo. Prefer Pop or Rock though.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: "Ever since I was a chld I was over weight and have been dieting since as long as I can remember. I feel like I can look at food and gain weight." Sums it up for me too.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm single, and I don't want my boys to be embarrassed of me as their mom. Plus I'd like to have guys look at me again. LOL

audri8301
08-06-2010, 11:12 PM
User name/name: audri8301/Audra

Birthday: January 7

MARITAL STATUS: Single

TOP WEIGHT: 241

CURRENT WEIGHT: 204

GOAL WEIGHT: 170 (and then I will re-evaluate)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, movies, hanging out with friends, cooking/baking

FAVORITE COLOR: Pink

FAVORITE FOODS: Bad things like ice cream, pizza, and mac & cheese

FAVORITE EXERCISE: BodyCombat, TurboKick (anything that involves beating up invisible opponents) & BodyPump

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Time Traveler's Wife, Unwind

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Princess Bride (and many others)

FAVORITE MUSIC: I'll listen to anything, but I really like showtunes

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I am lazy!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have tools to help me and I am determined!

museumchick
08-08-2010, 07:13 PM
User name/name: museumchick

Birthday: October 29

MARITAL STATUS: In a relationship

CURRENT WEIGHT: 220

GOAL WEIGHT: 170....maybe a bit lower but I'll figure that out then

HAIR COLOR: Red

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, music, movies theater, conversations with friends, swimming, working out

PETS: my BF has a dog and she's adorable

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Kansas

FAVORITE COLOR: Blues

FAVORITE FOODS: Carbs!!! Pasta, pizza, potatoes...anything with carbs!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: ArcTrainers or Ellipticals. Blew out my ACL and had to have a repair so some exercise options are out for me.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Anything by Monty Python or Mel Brooks:D

FAVORITE MUSIC: Depends on my mood really, but can't beat club music for working out

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I get semi-successful (like lose 10 pounds) and then I got complacent and think that it's all downhill from there. Then voila...the pounds come back with a vengeance!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My diagnosis of PCOS has basically forced me to get my insulin levels regulated and lose weight, to control the symptoms of the disease, prevent progression into full blown diabetes, and help improve fertility (when I get to that point, which is a WAY off! LOL!)

Fat in Hong Kong
08-11-2010, 03:40 AM
User name/name: Fat in Hong Kong

Birthday: September 19

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 1986

Children/ages: Son 21 years/Daughter 18 years

TOP WEIGHT: 204

CURRENT WEIGHT: 204

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

HAIR COLOR: Mid Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, Reading, Spending time with family/friends

PETS: 2 Dogs

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Hong Kong

FAVORITE COLOR: Green/Red

FAVORITE FOODS: Indian/Malaysian/Thai/Italian -Basically anything!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Swimming - Also, just joined a gym and really enjoying it!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Like to read a variety of books, but enjoy chick-lit/romantic novels with a 'feel good' factor.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Too many to mention, but enjoy romantic comedies

FAVORITE MUSIC: Wide variety, will listen to almost anything

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Gained weight after having children and never lost it, and have continued to gain even more as the years go by! Been a yo-yo dieter for years and never been able to stick to any plans long enough to have any real success with them. Basically, I've always eaten the wrong things ... until now!:)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm doing it for health, rather than just for vanity reasons. Also, hubby was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and SBD will help to keep us both healthy. This time, it's for life, not just for a few weeks.

strangerthanfiction
08-21-2010, 06:15 PM
User name/name: strangerthanfiction/Alex

Birthday: March 28

MARITAL STATUS: "Living in sin"

TOP WEIGHT: 247

CURRENT WEIGHT: 237

GOAL WEIGHT: Between 180 and 190

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, writing, cooking, road trips, crossword puzzles

PETS: Two big dogs, three cats

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Shreveport, LA

FAVORITE FOODS: Pasta, sushi, cheese, ice cream, fruit

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Racquetball and walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Lolita, anything by John Steinbeck, One Hundred Years of Solitude, a lot of nonfiction (especially Carl Sagan)

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Sunset Boulevard, American Beauty, Eyes Wide Shut, Harold and Maude

FAVORITE MUSIC: Indie: Broken Social Scene, Passion Pit, White Denim, Atlas Sound

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I am a freelance writer who does a lot of restaurant and food writing, and my boyfriend and I love food and cooking elaborate dishes

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I hate that I'm now "that girl" who hates having pictures taken. I hate that clothes shopping is a huge chore instead of something enjoyable, and I want to make sure that I stay healthy as I grow older.

LastingOne
08-22-2010, 04:57 AM
User name/name: LastingOne

Birthday: June 7th

MARITAL STATUS: With partner for 4.5 years

TOP WEIGHT: 191

CURRENT WEIGHT: 187

GOAL WEIGHT: 145 (I was that in 2006)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Horseback riding, hiking, music, books, walking my dog, road trips

PETS: 2 dogs, a horse, two finches and several fish

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Oregon

FAVORITE FOODS: Pizza and sweets

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Hiking, weight lifting

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Tons of them! My favorite authors are Lorna Landvik and Laurie Notaro

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Lord of the Rings trilogy

FAVORITE MUSIC: Tons as well, listening to Days of the New, The Verve and Alice in Chains lately....

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Losing motivation, making excuses and falling into emotional traps. I eat when I'm bored or stressed and tend to forego exercise if I feel I don't have the time or energy.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I was recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease which is one of the reasons for my weight gain. I need to kick start my metabolism and get back into healthy eating. I don't want to suffer the same fate as my father who died in 2000 from a diabetes-related heart attack.

quietstorm970
08-22-2010, 11:16 PM
User name/name: Quietstorm970

Birthday: Jan 5.

MARITAL STATUS: In long term relationship

TOP WEIGHT: 275

CURRENT WEIGHT: 258.5

GOAL WEIGHT: 140 (subject to change)

HEIGHT: 5' 2.5

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, music, books, writing... nerd stuff (lol)

PETS: none :( but I want a puppy so bad

FAVORITE COLOR: Turquoise!!!

FAVORITE FOODS: Cake, Ice cream (my addiction), almost anything sweet, cheese, cornbread

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Yoga, callanetics, interval walking/jogging

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I love foreign novels. I am obsessed with reading so I really can not name a few without being long winded.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Clueless, Pan's Labyrinth & other foreign movies

FAVORITE MUSIC: Anything and everything! I love down tempo electronica the most. I love "abstract, noisy" music. Stuff that a lot of people don't enjoy.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Boredom, living with people who could afford to make healthy choices. Loneliness & mild depression :(

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have never been so determined about something in my life. I feel that I am ready to be healthy and fit. All these years I have wanted this, and I believe that now it is mine for the taking. Waiting, planning and wishing is over. It is time to take control of my life and I can definitely do this!

SillyFluff
08-23-2010, 02:17 AM
User name/name: SillyFluff/Tina

Birthday: August 31

MARITAL STATUS: Married May 1, 2010

Children/ages: none yet, but would like to try

TOP WEIGHT: 260

CURRENT WEIGHT: 248

GOAL WEIGHT: 170-180 (maybe less after i see how i feel)

HEIGHT: 5'5"

HAIR COLOR: Brown/Blond

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, video games, friends and family

PETS: 3 cats

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: North Carolina

FAVORITE COLOR: Turquoise Blue/Aqua Blue

FAVORITE FOODS: Chocolate and anything bread

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Stationary bike and swimming

FAVORITE BOOK(S): DOn't really have one

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Too many to name...

FAVORITE MUSIC: Jack Johnson, Hubby just took me to see him in concert for an early birthday present

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I've always struggled with my weight

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I just recently got married and husband and I would like to have children. I made a conscious decision that I want to get healthy and in shape before we concieve. My husbands supports me 110% percent.

uvachic1215
08-25-2010, 06:59 PM
User name/name: Kara

Birthday: Dec 15

MARITAL STATUS: in a relationship for 3.5 yrs

Children/ages: None yet

TOP WEIGHT: 167

CURRENT WEIGHT: 158

GOAL WEIGHT: 125-130

EYE COLOR: brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: trying new restaurants, bicycling around chicago

PETS: my gf has a jack Russell terrier

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Chicago

FAVORITE COLOR: pink

FAVORITE FOODS: Pizza, west indian, Potatoes, LOVE breakfast/brunch

FAVORITE EXERCISE: treadmill

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Prophet

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): V for Vendetta

FAVORITE MUSIC: hip hop, spanish, motown

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: PCOS and maintaining once i lose.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to get in shape ans stay in shape. tired of the up and down. and i'm really unhappy with how i look and the fact that half my closet doesn't fit.

chubbybunny29
09-13-2010, 12:26 AM
User name/name: Chubbybunny29/Ivory

Birthday: May 12

MARITAL STATUS: Married since New Years Eve 2006

TOP WEIGHT: 279.8 in January 2009. Started South Beach at 271.4.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 263.2

GOAL WEIGHT: 199 by May 12/11. End goal, I'll say 180ish but I will re-evaluate closer to the end since its been so long since I've been down below 200!

HAIR COLOR: Auburn

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, hanging out with friends, cooking/entertaining.

PETS: None though there are plans for a puppy

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Northern California

FAVORITE FOODS: Bread! Ha!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Swimming probably

FAVORITE BOOK(S): There are Sooooo many - some would be Poisonwood Bible, Chronicles of Narnia, We were the Mulvaneys, etc.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Lord of the Rings.

FAVORITE MUSIC: Many options, love music though!

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Giving up when I stall, and convincing myself that life is too stressful to deal with this right now.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My dad was diagnosed with diabetes last year, and I don't want to follow him in that regard (good news is he's lost 60lbs and is now running miles and miles and is in great shape!) Its finally ringing true that this is about more than not liking how I look.

amynicoled
09-18-2010, 04:46 AM
Basic facts:
Name: Amy
Where you live: Las Vegas, NV
Where you grew up: Omaha, NE
Do you have kids? How old? 1, 13 years old
Who do you live with (spouse, kids, parents, grandparents, roommate, pets, alone, etc)? 1 DH, 1 DS and 2 cats 1 dog

Why did you choose South Beach? I like the foods and it it something I can follow for life
What are your ultimate lifestyle change goals? Short term? To lose 20-30 pounds before my next trip back to Omaha. Long term -To eat healthier, and get back to the weight I was about 4 years ago
Are you going at this plan by yourself or do you have support (other than us of course)? My husband is also doing south beach with me

Beyond the facts
Favorite books: Counte of Monte Cristo
Favorite kinds of music / bands: Rock, alternative
Favorite movies:Godfather, Goodfellas, anything with the mob in it
Favorite saying / quote: I would rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not - Lucille Ball
Favorite holiday: Halloween
Hobbies: reading, working out, hula hooping

The place you’d most like to visit: Italy
Best thing that ever happened to you: My family

WibblyWobbly
09-20-2010, 04:18 PM
User name/name: Wibblywobbly

Birthday: March 21

MARITAL STATUS: married

Children/ages: 2, ages 6 & 7

TOP WEIGHT: 180

CURRENT WEIGHT: 158

GOAL WEIGHT: 125-130

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: my kids, reading, movies, World of Warcraft

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: CO

FAVORITE FOODS: Pasta, anything containing a potato

FAVORITE EXERCISE:walking, running, playing with the kids

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Charlaine Harris books, Harry Dresden series

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): O Brother Where Art Thou?, Shawn of the Dead, Super Troopers
FAVORITE MUSIC: Various

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Hypothryroidism

mannabsn
09-29-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm new here and in the "planning stages" of starting SBD. Read: I haven't started yet, planning my menu plan and grocery list to begin Phase 1 soon.

User name/name: Manna

Birthday: March 2

MARITAL STATUS: separated, probable pending divorce

Children/ages: 2 sons, ages 12 and 8

TOP WEIGHT: 220-ish

CURRENT WEIGHT: 216

GOAL WEIGHT: undecided. I'd like to get to 180 then go from there.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: my boys, geocaching, camping, playing on the internet, photography, playing piano, reading

PETS: miniature dachshund about 1 year old, "Po-po"

OCCUPATION: ICU nurse, I actually work two jobs - one full time and one part time. Both with a lengthy commute. Thus we tend to rely on pre-packaged-pre-cooked meals and fast foods. I'm a little worried about how I'm going to balance healthier eating and my screwed up schedule :(

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Mississippi

FAVORITE FOODS: Spaghetti, baked potatoes, crusty french bread, bagels :(((
seafood, yellow squash, cream cheese, coffee

FAVORITE EXERCISE: OMG, that's a dirty word! I haven't found a favorite yet. I like to swim but don't have access to a pool. I tried to start C25K this week but I couldn't make it through W1D1 - so I've decided to start on a walking effort first. And taking the stairs at work. :)

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Stiff: the Curious Lives of Human Cadavers, The Coming Plague, the Chronicles of Narnia, anything by Jon Krakauer

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Office Space, Best in Show, Immortal Beloved, Amadeus, Elf, Zoolander

FAVORITE MUSIC: All kinds - lots of indie, emo/punk, country, christian rock

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Laziness, cravings and emotional eating! lol

I don't know what's different this time, so that's probably not a good thing. I don't really have that good of support. I'm from the deep south and a southern family expresses their love thru fried foods LOL - thus my weight problems (since my first child was born). As an ICU nurse (and working occasional shifts in ER), I've seen too many young people suffer untimely deaths. I'm not so much concerned about losing weight at this point in my life as I am about getting healthy and learning a new way of living and eating so I can be hopefully be around for many more years to come!

jewels2730
09-29-2010, 05:21 PM
User name/name: jewels2730/Julie

Birthday: July 30

TOP WEIGHT: 281

CURRENT WEIGHT: 256

GOAL WEIGHT: Main goal is 200 (and then probably 170)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: love tv, theater, shopping, reading, travel

PETS: two cats, Calvin and Isabella

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

FAVORITE FOODS: All carbs - Pizza, bagels, pasta. Anything Mexican.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Swimming, then dancing, circuit training, and lastly, a good elliptical workout.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): She's Come Undone, the Anne of Green Gables series

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Beaches

FAVORITE MUSIC: Pop, 90's Alt Rock, showtunes

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Lazy and love food! Don't really enjoy working out.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Something finally clicked in my brain I guess, probably the paralyzing effect of the scary number on the scale. Also, we want to have children soon and I have PCOS, so I know the weight is not only a health issue, but losing the weight will greatly help getting pregnant and make it easier afterwards.

chevauchee
10-06-2010, 01:00 AM
User name/name: chevauchee/Jen

Birthday: 8/14

MARITAL STATUS: single

TOP WEIGHT: 212 (well, that was the last time I got on the scale; may have been 220+)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 179

GOAL WEIGHT: <140

HAIR COLOR: currently red

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, internet, TV

PETS: a chocolate Cornish Rex named Khan

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: outside Sacramento, CA

FAVORITE FOODS: anything fast food

FAVORITE EXERCISE: lifting food to my mouth (seriously, I'm that sedentary)

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Anne Bishop's Black Jewels Trilogy

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Godfather

FAVORITE MUSIC: U2, Depeche Mode

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not a big fan of cooking. Not a big fan of working out.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm not going to be perfect. If all I can do on the treadmill is 5 minutes, then I will do 5 minutes. If I slip up and have something that's not on plan, I will get back on plan.

Also, I don't want to punch my doctor if she makes the joke about cholesterol not supposed to be your age times ten. Assaulting doctors gets you hard time. Ergo, must lower cholesterol. :dizzy:

aimige
10-11-2010, 04:38 PM
User name/name: aimige

Birthday: Dec 26

MARITAL STATUS: Married since 1995

Children/ages: Girl-8 yrs; Boy-6yrs; Boy-11 months

TOP WEIGHT: 245 pregnant

CURRENT WEIGHT: 194

GOAL WEIGHT: 125 - 130

HAIR COLOR: Blond

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, friends and family

PETS:Cats, dogs, parrots

Scentysy Consultant

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Fl

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical , RPM, Pump Class, training

FAVORITE BOOK(S): no time to read...

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): don't reallly have one

FAVORITE MUSIC: Everything except rap

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have a hard time staying on an eating plan

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am tired of carrying the extra weight...

tab23
10-25-2010, 01:59 PM
User name/name: tab23/ Tracy

Birthday: April 4

MARITAL STATUS: married 10 years!

Children/ages: two little girls aged 10 & 6

TOP WEIGHT: 275

CURRENT WEIGHT: 267

GOAL WEIGHT: 180, then I'll re-evaluate

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: dark blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, mothering, learning new things & friends

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Central Pennsylvania

FAVORITE COLOR: red

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican, Chinese, Thai and anything with carbs!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): classic lit, Harry Potter series, Elizabeth Jane Howard

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): comedies- I loved "The Hangover"

FAVORITE MUSIC: 80's! and Third Eye Blind

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: using food as a weapon against myself, especially carbs, carbs, carbs

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have to get healthy for my girls! I also hate how OLD I feel all of a sudden- eveything hurts and I walk like an old woman. I want to feel better and be healthy again!

JinksE
11-07-2010, 11:31 PM

BIRTHDAY: May 21

MARITAL STATUS: Married 2.5 years

TOP WEIGHT: 209

CURRENT WEIGHT: Getting on the scale tomorrow morning!

HEIGHT: 5' (Ok...I rounded so I could have a higher goal weight!)

EYE COLOR: Dark Brown

HAIR COLOR: depends on the season! Right now it's almost black with red-ish highlights

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking

PETS: dog, Kai (she's a Pooton - Poodle/Coton de Tulear)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH

FAVORITE COLOR: Depends on my mood

FAVORITE FOODS: Sushi, Lasagna, filet mignon, creme brulee, pasta, nice crusty bread, spinach artichoke dip....this is getting dangerous! Maybe the reason I need to lose the weight! LOL

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Swimming

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Alchemist (I'm not a big reader)

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The latest is Eat, Pray, Love then The Princess Bride, The Rock, Gladiator, most of the Saw movies (too many too list!)

FAVORITE MUSIC: Everything except country (old school is ok like Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson), classical, do wop (my husband loves it and plays it whenever he can...it gets old really quick!)

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: keeping the motivation and rebounding from mishaps

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have to start taking care of me! I am going to try and change the things that cause me to eat instead of dealing with them. I have Rhuematoid Arthritis so I need to lose the weight to make sure my joints don't get worse because of the weight on them.

iheartsparkles
11-08-2010, 07:01 AM

Birthday: January 2

MARITAL STATUS: Singleish

CURRENT WEIGHT: 150.5

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Photography, Fashion, Literature, TV

PETS: A moggie called Juno

OCCUPATION: Photographer/Fashion Blogger/Social Media Consultant

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Sydney, Australia

FAVORITE COLOR: Cream, Blush, Gold, Navy, Black

FAVORITE FOODS: Cheese, potatoes, bread

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Running & gym power sessions

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Too many to list, seriously.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Too many to list, again.

FAVORITE MUSIC: Florence + The Machine, Paul Kelly, Jackson Browne

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Emotional eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Be kinder to myself rather than black and white. Realise that if I am binge eating then I need to reassess my life and work out why it is happening.

lolo67
11-08-2010, 11:47 PM
User name/name: lolo67/Lori

Birthday: March 21

TOP WEIGHT: 262

CURRENT WEIGHT: 249

GOAL WEIGHT: 140-150

HEIGHT: 5''2

HAIR COLOR: Dark Blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, Traveling, Reading, Jewelry design

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:Nourth County San Deigo, CA

FAVORITE FOODS: Popcorn.... Sigh!!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Right now walking and the wii fit.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): All the Laurell K Hamilton and Charlaine Harris books

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Too many to name

FAVORITE MUSIC: Everything except Rap

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have always done the diet but never changed my lifestyle so all the weight always comes back.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am tired of living my life in pain. I am tired of not being able to keep up with my husband. I miss being able to wear all the cute clothes... now I feel like all I wear is a tent. Most important is I’m starting to like myself again. I know I deserve to be healthy and to look and feel good. One day at a time and one pound at a time. I know there are no quick fixes and I am willing to put in the hard work.

watchfuleye
11-12-2010, 12:40 PM
User name/name: watchfuleye

Birthday: June 8th

Children/ages: 34, 31, 30

TOP WEIGHT: 239

CURRENT WEIGHT: 214

HAIR COLOR: Brown with gray highlights

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: surfing, boating, travel

PETS: no pets these days

FAVORITE FOODS: vegetables and fruits

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Not sure yet

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Any poetry by Branch Isole

FAVORITE MUSIC: Beatles, Pink Floyd, Jason Mraz, blues/jazz

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: None so far; needing to lose weight is a new issue for me over the last few years

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to be healthy, and enjoy my twilight years to the fullest!