Support Groups - Back in Kindergarten #86

View Full Version : Back in Kindergarten #86

FrouFrou
01-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Hello & :welcome: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!

So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

:coffee::listen::wave::cb::hat::dancer::flow2:
:gossip:
:cofdate::coffee2:

FrouFrou
01-05-2010, 01:18 PM
HIYA ALL...saw that we were at 100 posts so started a new thread. Now to go back and catch up! Back in a few :)

Shopaholic1204
01-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Omg..I dont think my lunch is settling right. I feel sooooo sick to my stomach right now. Ughhhh

LOL..nice way to start off a new thread. haha!!

btw..I fixed my comments.

FrouFrou
01-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Hello all...

Sorry I have been MIA...not myself lately. Not been myself since my dad's death. I'm really having a hard time dealing with it, not sure how to cope. Without giving details and such I will just say he was murdered and the thought of him dying the way he did is just killing me, can't get it out of my head. And, I have to talk to a lawyer and have been putting that off, so dreading it but going to do it today for sure-don't want to but I have to.

FRANCIE...let me know how you like the Jenny McCarthy Your Shape...I keep seeing the commercials for it and it looks like something I would like, I think, lol. I don't have a Wii but son does in his room and he said I could use it so...DON'T get discouraged over the weight right now. It's so freaking hard I know and I think we always want the results like NOW! That's why I can't weigh every day, it kills me when I know I've done well and don't see it on the scale.

SUSAN...taxes already eh? Yikes! I don't want to think about them, but them we have had to pay the last two years so. Guess I would do them early as well. For some reason I don't care for that Dr Oz so don't watch.

SUE...San Diego sounds so nice right now! It is freezing cold here as well, not 10 but almost as cold. Thursday our high is supposed to be 10! Glad the card party was fun.

JULES...that is too sweet about Dominic..can't wait until Lily starts talking. I told Charlotte her first word is gonna be Nana, lol. Hope the BD party was fun! Hugs to you and your momma :hug:

Well, my plan for losing the pounds this time is basically the same, just getting on track. But I am journaling...writing everything down, what I eat (sort of doing WW but not 100%) exercise, etc. So WI Monday and I am as well...up to 196.8 but honestly, I thought it was gonna be worse. I had my pigout day Sunday because I knew come Monday it was over! So went to the mall yesterday and today to walk...daughter has an ipod Nano and it has a pedometer on it so now it keeps track of the time and such for us. Might have to trade up for one of those.

Back to watching Lily, well not today, Charlotte is home. But Josh had from Christmas Eve home from work so he watched her. I've missed my little butterball.

Hoping to keep track every day here...that's a part of the plan as well, always helped me in the past.

Have a good day everyone...try to stay warm! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
01-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Cristina -:hug: I am sorry it is a difficult time for you. A death of a loved one is hard enough but a violent one would be so sad. Please know we are here for you :hug: And thanks for the new thread :)
Dr Oz is odd, not sure about that guy.

I was looking at prices for Hawaii, I could go in mid April for $518 round trip, not bad. I really want to go but it seems selfish to spend $$ that way. What do you think???

anyway, off to work we go......all my personalities and me. lol

:grouphug:

Shopaholic1204
01-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Cristina~:hug: :hug: :hug: I'm so sorry. That is very awful, and extremely sad!! We are here for you!! :(

FrouFrou
01-06-2010, 02:24 AM
Thank you ladies :hug:

Here it is another night of no sleep I think. Was getting ready to go to bed and the hubby came upstairs with bad/sad news...geez...I've had enough already-seriously! This year was supposed to be a good one but it's not starting so good. Hubby's niece lost her husband today. He passed out at work...they think he had a massive heart attack...doing atopsy so won't know for sure for a few days I guess. So freaking sad...they have just been married a little over a year and today well, yesterday (it's after midnight) was her birthday. He was just 33 or 34, just can't believe this. I think God can quit giving us so much too handle, seriously I don't know how much more I can handle...I've had enough to last 2 lifetimes!

Anyway, such a ray of sunshine I am...on a brighter note I get to see my little Lily today!

I did get some exercise in...walk at the mall and some weights. Eating was, well, I wanna say on target but honestly I don't think I ate enough. But I don't feel hungry. I know I HAVE to eat to lose weight, just how my body is.

Okay, better get and try to get some sleep, 6 a.m. comes fast!

Nighty, night all

RosieKate
01-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Cristina - so sorry about all the losses lately - It is so hard to remember that we are not given what we can't handle. You are such a strong person - and we are always here with hugs for you ((((C)))))

Well - scale down to 175..headed in the right direction but i am having a hard time with carb cravings. will be really cracking down today. I've started weighing food, something I haven't done before. It is very helpful for portion control, I have to say. I used to measure, but it is easy ot use them as scoops and less for measuring :guilty:

Resolution 5k is Saturday. It is on "fast grass" which means mostly flat grass---also means MUD! My running buddy and I are running on grass this morning to get used to it, if that is even possible. Wish me luck!

suetalks
01-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Katy- Lucky you...Mine was down to 176.4 yesterday...so by Monday maybe I will get a pound or two. I go up and down before I settle....lol.
I haven't done much exercising, I admit, just a little walking indoors. Just need to do it. Food was pretty good for a couple days. Yesterday I got so hungry waiting for mom at the hospital...I came home and ate what I shouldn't. But I am right back!

Mom had a 1:30 appt. with the Cancer Center. We planned to eat afterward, so just had a light breakfast. We didn't get home until 5:30. Ugh... Didn't stop and eat "lunch" since it was almost dinner time. Fun, fun.

Now off to the store before the big snow hits.

Shopaholic1204
01-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Cristina~That's so sad. :( I hope bad news just stops for everyone for awhile. Btw..I took the Jenny game back to the store. I hated it. You see YOURSELF on camera..and I cant stand looking at myself while I'm working out. Plus you know, the camera adds 10 pounds and all that junk. So ya..I returned it..and bought Fonzo a controller for himself.

I havent worked out since monday. 1-My ankle flared up and is killing me big time. And 2-I've been so bummed out cuz of what happened on monday night. Which is something I really dont want to talk about. So ya..that's about it I guess. Oh ya..I made spice cake last night, lol. Everytime I walked in the kitchen, I would see the box just sitting there in the cupboard. So I went and made it to make myself feel better. It tastes really good actually. I've never had spice cake before.

I hope I finish reading The Flat Belly Diet by the time we get paid next. Cuz what I have going on for me now isnt working at all!!! I need more motivation than this. And I know I really wanna try that diet out!!!

FrouFrou
01-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Hiya all...

KATY...lots of luck and fun for Sat! And WTG on being at 175! :carrot: And thank you for the hugs!

SUE...hoping all is well, scared me when I read Cancer Center! :hug:

FRANCIE...hugs to you! And thanks for the heads up on the Jenny thing...I don't like looking at myself either. Mmmm, spice cake sounds so good right now.

Hi Jules, Susan, Kathy, Shel, Mindee :wave:

Not much going on with me. Today was a VERY lazy day. I couldn't sleep so of course I was dragging and every time Lily took a nap I did too! Going to have to find something to help me sleep for a while, can't take this tossing and turning and staying up until the wee hours of the morn.

Eating was right on but the only exercise I got today was a little bit of weights. Main reason I am doing those is because since I quit doing them my arm has been bothering me so starting over with that...getting old is a biotch for sure!

Hope everyone had a good day and is staying warm!

Mom2Gaby
01-06-2010, 07:48 PM
I am going home after working this morning. Just wanted to say hello :wave:

Cristina - Thank goodness for Lily, she'll be your little blessing.

Katy - Glad to hear the scale is heading in the right direction and have fun in the race this Saturday :)

Francie - hope the ankle feels better :)

Sue - :wave:

k- that is it, I am pooped. chat more tomorrow.

jules1216
01-06-2010, 08:52 PM
I read the posts from the last thread and can honestly say my brain would not hold all the info since my last post so I am starting fresh....

SuzyQ-cheddar horseradish chips are bbbbaaaadddd. Hawaii sounds great anytime. Teri and Geneva's friend is there with her husband who is the service. SHe invited them over, all they have to pay for is the plane tickets, they are just not sure how a 2 year old Dominic and a 1 year old Mela will take the plane ride across the continental states and then the Pacfic Ocean.

Cristina--so sorry about all your losses, especially your Dad. Actually the first word is usually Dad Dad, Teri and I were nothing for awhile. I was Oooma for awhile but now I am Mimi. Grandkids make your world don't they, Dominic can brighten up my darkest day in an instant.

Franice--don't et too discouraged, stress eating is my baddest habit. I gotta get that pathway in my brain switched to stress exercising as my new habit.

Sue-How is your Mom? I took a vactaion day to go down and work on Mom's house. SHe has way to much stuff for the spaace. I am going to try to put some of the organization tips I have learned on the HGTV channels to use.

Katy--so great about the right direction and the 5K. I never did get the C25k loaded...Teri lost the cheap mp3 player I bought but bought me an Ipod Nano. I am going to go over her house when things get settled down with Mom and download some of the songs she already has on the computer and the c25k program.

I never thought I would say it, but I am so thankful for my Dad. My brother had a really bad day with Mom yesterday and almost broke down. i went down with her after work yesterday so he could get out some and I called my Dad and he called my brother yesterday and went down and spent the afternoon with her today. She's getting so weak we don't want to leave her alone cause she's so stubborn she tries to do too much.

well, I am really tired so I am going to get off of here...

Quick Hi to Kathy who I miss and hugs to Mindee.

Sassy_Chick
01-07-2010, 02:17 AM
Hola Chickaritas! :wave:

Well this is my last night on NIGHT SHIFT!! Its been 3 1/2 years since I have been on day shift, so shall be very interesting on Monday!! I will be like, "What is that big shiny thing in the sky???" lmao

The 3rd shift guys bought us a cake saying "Good Luck on Day Shift" and yesterday a guy bought us two mini cheese-cakes! Wow its like are ya tryin' to "fattenin'" us up?? lol. But its appreciated. Also starting Monday my bff and I (who I also work with and is moving to days with me) are going to start our new plan to be healthy! So no pop or junk food -- how am I supposed to survive??!!! lol.

Cristina -- BIG SUPER BIG GIANTIC :hug: to you!!! I don't even have any other words to say..........but I'm so so sorry!!!

Jules -- BIG :hug: to you as well. I can understand kind of in the same situation with my father-in-law, he went back to the hospital tonight. He just now got into the ER, so no more news yet, but he is very very weak. DH had to help him out of his car because he could not do it himself.

:hug:

Shopaholic1204
01-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Man..what a waste of a day, lol. Fonzo came home early and went back to bed, lol. Then we woke up at 4pm..and all we did was watch the rest of season 5 of The Office, LOL!!! We finished at 11:30 and went on this crazy misson of finding season 6. Most of the eispodes were gone from NBC & Hulu. I found a clip from one of the episodes on youtube, and bawled my eyes out (wont say what in case some of you havent seen it and plan on seeing it)..but we finally found them on this one website!! Yay!! We watched the first episode, and will be saving the rest for later today. I want to watch more..but Fonzo went to bed, so I gotta wait, lol. We're total Office geeks...LOL!! We're gonna watch the british (and original) version when the american version is done for the season. Like I said we're geeks, LOL!!

Cristina~I hope you can get some sleep. :hug:

Susan~Funny story...Fonzo bought these bath type salts that are supposed to ease sore muscles. He got it because of my ankle, so his heart was in the right place. Anyways..while we were waiting in checkout line, he looked down at the bag..and it said that its also good for unclogging the toilet, constipation, and for plant food. We could not stop laughing!!! LOL!! So funny!!

Jules~I need to train my brain to stop stress eating too. Well actually, its emotional eating. I eat when I'm happy, sad, bored, etc..lol. I got so angry at Fonzo the other day, I threw a chocolate bar at his head, then when he walked away, I picked it up and ate it in the other room..haha!!

Sassy~That big shiny thing in the sky is called...The Sun. And during the day, the sky is blue. Amazing huh? LOL!! Whenever we go out during the day..we're always like.."why is it so bright??" We're just always going out at night, lol. We're such night owls its not even funny. And mostly cuz the sun has been going down at 5pm..and we like to go out around 6pm, lol.

OKay..gonna go watch that clip from The Office and cry some more because it's so funny/sweet.

suetalks
01-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Good morning. About 3-4 inches of snow fell since 6 a.m. It is still coming down. Beautiful, but I am already over it....Go away snow!
Stress eating is my downfall. And I always seem to have stress, so I am screwed.

I ate fruit and toast for breakfast. Will have the rest of the fruit and rice cakes for lunch. I promised breakfast for dinner here...so that will be pancakes, sausage and eggs. Using lite products...so I will have a pancake and an egg white omelet. I figured calories and if I am good all day that will work.
I found the new guacamole Quaker rice tortillas. They are good if you want a little spice....as well as the BBQ or Ranch mini rice cakes. They make me feel like I am getting my salt fix.

Mom2Gaby
01-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Franice- wow, I guess if it doesn't help the ankle you can always use it for a multiple of things. What a good buy. lol

Sassy - I like your Happy Feet, so cute. Welcome to the dayshift!

Jules - I took Gaby on the Hawaii trip, I think she was 4. The attentent gave us a free hook up to the movies they show, I don't think I would have survived if she hadn't. On the way back we stopped and ate something before the long trip and once we got on the airplane she said she was hungry. Over and over.....and started whining. If the kiddies can sleep that is the trick!! Horseradish anything sounds icky. lol

Cristna - Whats on your agenda today?? Inquiring minds wanna know. :)

Another work day, it'll be 6 days in a row by Monday. I am up for the challenge, I need the money. lol

k- chat @ you all later.

FrouFrou
01-07-2010, 08:47 PM
First, hugs for all who need them :hug::hug::hug::grouphug:

SUSAN...another boring day in paradise, lol. Didn't venture out at all because it was a whopping -12 with that freaking wind blowing. Just got home a few minutes ago from buying groceries...didn't want to take the little one out in this stuff. But I did get in a walk on the treadmill and some weights done. Take me with you to Hawaii!!! I never did go out there when Josh was stationed there.

JULIE...that is so sweet. My sister is Julie and her grandbaby calls her Juju...I thought that was so cute! She didn't like grandma, lol and yes grandchildren are the BEST!!! Makes every day worth getting up for sure. Hugs to your family, especially your dear momma. :hug:

SUE...lots of hugs to you and your momma as well. :hug:Breakfast sounds sooo yummy! Just got home from the grocery store and decided chicken fajitas sounded good so a late dinner for us.

FRANCIE...ditto what Susan said! Lol...that is too funny. Would you want to soak your foot in something that is used for toilets or constipation, lmao! I've not seen the Office in a while...I miss watching it. Son's of Anarchy was on and I got hooked on that and some other shows.

SASSY...thank you for the hugs missy! Hope you like days!

HIYA KATHY and KATY...did I miss someone???? Oh, MINDEE too...thinking of you lady.

Okay, I am off to FB for a few minutes...why, I don't know cause I don't really have much time to spend there now. Baby sure changes things doesn't she...so worth it though. Oh, and she has taken over my vehicle! Gottta love her...if they have another gonna need a mini-van!

Have a great night everyone! Love ya's :hug:

Shopaholic1204
01-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Cristina~Don't forget plant food, lol. And you know what...it made my feet feel really soft!! LOL!!

Sassy_Chick
01-08-2010, 06:08 AM
:hug: to all that need them right now.

My fil is in the hospital again. They say he will prob
be there for at least a month. Basically his body is breaking down :cry: he is
in liver and kidney failure and his muscles are also breaking down as well so he can't even walk. :(
Mil is a wreck as are dh and I. I bawled my eyes put at work lastnight. :cry: At least I worked with my friend so she was there for me. So we prob will be moving in with the inlaws I would say pretty soon.

My dh's Aunt and Uncle is coming up from TN Sat. We really wish they wouldn't because it just stresses my MIL out even more + they are trying to butt in and tell MIL what to do, which she does not need plus I'm not sure where they are staying. We don't have room for them @ our house and my MIL def doesn't need to worry about having guests right now. I know they are family and just trying to help but they really aren't.

We got snow about 4-6 inches I'd say so far plus supposed to get more + they say there is ice as well on the roads. At least I am off and do not have to go out today, but dh does. He has to go to training at work then take MIL to see FIL at the hospital. At least he has the 4 x 4.

Well everybody take care and stay warm!!

:grouphug:

suetalks
01-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Sassy- So sorry to hear about your FIL. That can be a real stressful time for all family members. I hope your MIL can keep from letting it get her down. Do you think you will move in temporarily, or are you thinking more permanent? Does she drive? If you don't mind my asking what are the ages of the in-laws? It is just such a rough time for anyone and I will certainly keep you and them in my prayers.

Susan- Hope your 6 days of work doesn't get you down...keep smiling. :) Gaby is such a cutie...I love that she keeps you on your toes..haha. Re: the cupcake antics. (and yes, you HAD to eat the one with the finger tracks in the frosting)

Cristina- Glad you got Miss Lily back. I know it is a busy time with her there, but you love it. :) It will keep you young or kill you...haha.

Francie- Just keep up with the Wii Fit and I swear you will see results...slow but sure wins the race. My grandson got Beatles Rockband, Wii Fit and is going to buy a dance game with his gift cards. DD says he is slimming down already.

Mindee- I read on FB that you had a loss in your family (or friend?) If you wrote about it here I missed it. I am so sorry for what you are going through. Huggs to you and all involved.

Jules- Hugs to you and your mom. I know you are also going through a hard time right now. So glad you are able to spend time with your mom. And little Dominic is your sunshine for sure. Do you hope for a girl for the new baby? You find out next week, right?

Katy- Good luck Sat. You are doing awesome.

Kathy- Stop working so hard and come see us. haha.. Are you snowed in up there?

We got another inch of snow, but looks like the main roads are good. Our addition street sucks as no one has come to do it. But DH keeps our driveway and sidewalk clear, so we can get out if we need to. Just have no plans to get out there yet.

Got the rental car set up for our trip and everything is a go..so far. We leave on the 25th. DS has called a few times and I think he is actually wanting to see us. Homesick, no doubt. We come home on Valentine's Day.

Our 33rd anniversary was very un-eventful. The snow kept us home. But after 33 years a snuggle and a few kind words goes a long way...lol. I even fixed him breakfast for dinner...his favorite. So he was happy. We could have had some wine, but it just didn't seem to go with the meal. LOL DH and I are debating on his getting me a Kindle, Blackberry or a netbook. Want to be able to get online when we are away from home, but nothing too involved. (he always gets me a nice gift, usually one we discuss instead of a surprise...he went and bought his gift, a tool for the shop) I also surprised him with a dvd player...but it wasn't much. ANyway, we don't do the cell phone thing except for a pay as you go we keep in the car for emergencies. So, I am a little reluctant to get caught up in the Blackberry phenom. My daughters say if I get it I will wonder how I lived without it. LOL On the other hand the Kindle peaks my interest but I just read that they are going to go down in price this year due to many other companies coming out with like products. Sooo...the computer is all I am familiar with, so it is the most tempting. But, maybe I should try something new??? Oh well...maybe none of the above.

Mom is hanging in there and feeling better than she has in a long time. She is pain free for the first time in years and has quit her pain meds. Right now she is also off her blood thinners because she has to have a procedure next week. I will keep you posted on the results, but just let me ask you to keep her in your prayers.

Gotta go finish laundry, dust and then settle down with a book....hard day, but someone has to do it.

Shopaholic1204
01-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Sassy~So sorry :hug: It's so hard to deal with something like that. Hopefully nobody else puts stress on your MIL. She really doesn't need that right now. And really, its nobody's place to tell her what to do.

Sue~That sounds like a very nice anniversary to me. I love having breakfast for dinner. If you get the Kindle or any of those electronic book things, let me know how it is. I like the idea of it..but I still love the smell of books. Maybe if it came with that book smell I'd buy one.

Speaking of books..I'm currently reading Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. I read the book before, but with the movie coming out soon..I thought I'd refresh my memory. I've also decided to read all of his books in order, starting with The Notebook. I read the book while Fonzo was in boot camp (or was it when he was deployed? LoL!! I know he was gone when I read it, lol)..and it just tore my heart apart. I dunno why I'm in the mood for romance books. Some of them sound kinda predictable and cheesy, lol. But I'm in the mood for something different. I'll go up to the till with a vampire book, a mystery book, and a romance book..LOL!!

Mom2Gaby
01-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Good Morning -

Sue - oops, you posted at the same time as I did yesterday! I love quacker ranch cakes, so good. Happy 33rd! That is pretty amazing,congrats to you both.

Sassy - very sad about your fil, hope you all can do some tlc for yourselves during this stressful time.

Cristina - We need to to Hawaii in May!! $209 round trip, we all need to go, we can stay at Hawaii Mans and eat veggies out of his garden. When we land I will bring him into the loop of what is happening. lol He said June when he gets a break but I am not paying $459 one way. It's that or I am getting a computer. Babies change everything, they are so cute.

ugh, I better go, paying for this time. :wave: chat later

Shopaholic1204
01-08-2010, 02:22 PM
I just realized my 7 year (dating) anniversary will be on Jan 23. And I thought being married for 5 years was shocking, LOL!! Omg..this also means I've been out of high school for 7 years. :fr: And then Fonzo will be 26..and I'll be 25. Only 5 more years before I hit 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint: Geez...remember when you turned 13, and thought how cool you were cuz you were finally a teenager??? I wish I could go back to that day, LOL!!

suetalks
01-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Francie- I just read The Wedding by Nicolas Sparks and a few weeks ago I read The Rescue. I actually never read The Notebook, just saw the film, and want to read it. It is referred to in The Wedding as the gal in that book is Allie and Noah's daughter. I also read True Believer. Didn't read Message in a Bottle, but saw the film. Haven't read or seen NIghts in Rodanthe, but I am going to borrow the dvd from DD...and get the book too.
Daughter loves her Kindle, but I am still like you...I just love books. The smell, feel, etc. Strange, but I knew exactlly what you meant. LOL.
I would never go back to being 13 again...but I would like to go back to around 35 or 40. I just hate to be soooooo old.

I finally exercised on the trampoline. WIll do another short session tonight. Trying to work up to a long session insted of just 15 minutes. I would like to do 30 at least 4 times a week....we will see. WATP dvds are comin gout next. I hopped on the scale and it seems the eating right is not doing it for me...so I have to MOVE my a** to get rid of it. LOL... Sorry, TMI.

FrouFrou
01-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Hiya ladies...

KATY...good luck tomorrow, or rather today, lol-it's 1:26 a.m., have fun!

SUSAN...oh man, Hawaii in May sounds so good but...we have a Vegas trip planned *fingers crossed* I say planned cause I think everyone here knows how my planning goes-or rather doesn't. Me, the hubby, Josh, Charlotte and of course Lily, and daughter are all supposed to go to Vegas for our 11th anniversary and J & C's 2nd so we'll see. The way my life has been going who knows. Don't work too hard lady and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweet little red head!

SASSY...hugs to you and yours. :hug:

SUE...glad your mom is feeling better, hugs to her. I was wondering when you were headed to San Diego...hope it's warm when you get there. Of course it will definitely be warmer than the temps you've had. Daughter got me two WATP dvd's for Christmas and I have yet to try them...still trying to work out a schedule with the baby here...proving to be harder than I anticipated. DS wants a blackberry he is nuts with the phone or I should say media center...he watches tv on his phone, does the internet, text and all kinds of other stuff...me...I just want a phone for when I am out and about, lol.

FRANCIE...well, at least it helped your feet! Maybe I need to try it...my feet get so dry and icky in the winter and I am so lazy, lol. I love Nicholas Sparks...I've got a lot of his books. I think about the only two I didn't care for as much as the others is True Believer and At First Sight. I need to get back into reading, just not been in a mood.

HIYA JULES, KATHY, MINDEE

I am heading to bed now. I refuse to go to bed when I don't feel sleepy anymore. I just toss and turn for hours so decided to stay up and then when my head hits the pillow I am out. Only problem is getting up early the next day, lol. Going to get some exercise in tomorrow and do a little bit of baking, just cookies and banana bread for Sunday dinner. Haven't had that in a couple of weeks because Charlotte worked the one Sunday and then just didn't want to cook a big dinner right after Christmas...besides, we had leftovers for a few days after. But I have missed them coming over. But it will be every other Sunday I think...can't keep her schedule straight. She's supposed to work Sunday's in place of Sat because Chase's basketball is going to be starting sometime soon and they have been working every other Sat. But she was off Tuesday :dunno: Anyway...I better get going I am very sleepy...chat later today.

Shopaholic1204
01-09-2010, 05:48 AM
Sue~The Notebook came before The Wedding. I tried reading The Wedding, but just couldn't get into it. I'll try again. Of his books, I've only read A Walk To Remember, The Notebook & Dear John. I finished Dear John yesterday. So sad..I cried really hard, lol. But not as hard as when I read The Notebook. Which btw..is my #1 fave movie!! A Walk To Remember was the only other movie I've seen. But I am going to see Dear John when it comes out. Miley Cyrus is going to be in the other movie coming out soon. The Last Song or something like that. I read on his website, that he wrote the screenplay before he wrote the book. And he even let Miley pick out the name for the main chick. Ugh..I can't stand her. But the movie looks good, so I'll watch it when it comes On Demand, lol. You know there's something about buying a book or going into a library that is kinda thrilling. The whole place smells great!! LoL..thats kinda weird huh? I love the smell of old books.

Cristina~You know...you should try the peppermint foot salts from The Body Shop. It feels sooooooooooo nice, and smells like Christmas, lol. Their whole foot line is really great. I recommend it for everyone. Theres even this one lotion type thing that you put on your legs and it cools them off after a long day. I think you can use it on your feet too.

Did anyone watch Dateline on friday? It's about David Goldman & his son Sean. He just got his son back in December. It's really sad. The Brazillian family just made it seem like the American family didnt matter at all. Saying that he would be taking Sean away from his grandparents, aunts & uncles. It's just like..well, what about the American family? They hadnt seen him since he was 4!! It's just really sad. I dont understand people who take their kids away from their other spouses. I'm glad his son is back with his father. But I hope he can still see his other grandparents...without them kidnapping him again.

Anyways..I've rambled on long enough, lol. So I'm gonna go.

FrouFrou
01-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Such a lazy day for me today. Have done absolutely nothing, lol. Still in my jammies! I know-terrible!

FRANCIE...I love peppermint anything, may have to try it-I need something for my feet. For some reason I couldn't think of who they were talking about on Primetime so never turned it on it. Now that you refreshed my memory...*slaps forehead* I was watching stupid, and I do mean stupid movies on SyFy...speaking of which, when did they change that from Sci-fi to SyFy? Anyway, lol...Night's in Rodanthe is a great book, or I liked it. Haven't seen the movie but want to. Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas, Sam's Letters to Jennifer are good too!

Hiya to everyone else :wave:

Getting ready to do that baking and clean my mess in the family room. Guess it's a good thing I have no where to go and nothing to do, lol. I should be exercising but just don't want to.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Shopaholic1204
01-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Cristina~Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas (good book too) & Sam's Letters to Jennifer are by James Patterson, lol! And yes..why did they change the name from SciFi to SyFy. Mayb wii shuld all tipe that way. How cute would that b? Or not, haha!!!

Just found a new game for the Wii... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CZ7P04/ref=s9_simz_gw_s7_p63_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0XJWXM0NY8R56EC1WQ6X&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846 It's called Walk It Out. The video is kinda funny, lol.

There's also this for steppers: http://www.amazon.com/Aerobics-Step-Platform-Wii-Fit-Nintendo/dp/B0028IDSWE/ref=pd_sim_vg_2

But I really want this: http://www.amazon.com/EA-Sports-Active-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001MBUGLY/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_c My friend said it gave her a pretty good sweat. Which is totally what I need.

OH YA...moving on from all the Wii games, lol. Fonzo & I are going to save money for a trip to Disneyworld!!!! YAY!! It wont be until later this year..but we're really excited.

OKay...gonna go watch a movie or something..

Mom2Gaby
01-10-2010, 10:49 AM
My 6th day of working, I hate it. Get me out of here, I am being held captive. haha

and always drama w/ the swing shift, lazy brats. I need to get my butt back in school and get that medical assistant certificate.

Cristina - when is your 11th anniversary???

anyway chat more tomorrow.

jules1216
01-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Quickee for me....Teri will be coming to get Dominic soon, Sunday Night blues. Mom had an ok day today, had some visitors. I am going to take off half of a day on Wedneday and move stuff at her place. Can't do it when she's there so the plan is to move it around and then have her help go through the odds and ends. My brother told me a few things that hes' wanting done. I hope she doesn't get too upset with me.

suetalks
01-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Quickie here too...I really, REALLY blew it today. This stress stuff is badddd. I will be lucky if I didn't gain 5 pounds. May skip WI tomorrow...no I have to know.

Sure will be glad when we get passed Wed. I am more nervous about mom's procedure than she is, or else she hides it well. AND then, to make it worse we won't get results for weeks...added stress.
Calgon take me away.....

Shopaholic1204
01-11-2010, 01:27 AM
:grouphug: for everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Mmm, I used to have some Calgon body spray. Smells refreshing.

FrouFrou
01-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Just a quickie for me right now...up bright and early so I can get some things done before baby gets here. Trying to get on a new schedule with going to bed earlier and getting up earlier so I can get in a dvd before Lily comes. Not sure why I can't seem to get anything done while she is here. Anyway...this is just a start though because I am going to the mall to walk a little later. Will just have some weights to do and thinking while she is having one of her power naps I will get a few minutes of the biggest loser dvd in...I need to build up strength again...can't believe I let myself go after all that hard work, ugh...oh well. Anyway...not such a good WI either...up almost a pound but I am gonna count a pound so...didn't try or actually didn't work as hard as I should or could have last week. Gotta quit using the weather as an excuse because I have the equipment to work out at home!!! Anyway...I shall be back later to chat more. Have a good one all!

Mom2Gaby
01-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Bouncing around on WI. I will just keep plugging along.

I am going to go in and see if the census is high enough to work. Gab and I wnt to see Alvin last night, silly movie but it was nice to get out. My house is a mess. My mother says I shouldn't go to Hawaii, other things to do w/ that money. Yada,yada. What does she know??? I deserve a f-ing vacation. I don't know why I ask for her opinion.

*sigh

Does it sound like I am in a good mood?? hehe.

bye :wave:

suetalks
01-11-2010, 12:58 PM
I had a shocking weigh in. I actually lost 1.4...will just move my ticker a pound. Maybe that will be incentive for next week..to make the .4 into more. I know it is not much, but I truly expected a gain. After the way I have been feeling, I am surprised.

I guess the trampoline exercises have helped. Now I KNOW I have to keep that up.

Looking forward to 3 weeks of walking in SD.

Nothing much from here today..laundry, bed sheets day. That is done and now I am going to clean out a couple bathroom cabinets. How do those things collect so much junk? I am constantly throwing away bottles of stuff we will never use...where does it come from??? (actually, I don't throw away, I give to a friend who works at a homeless shelter. They always love shampoos and such, even the sample sizes or hotel sizes. I also give blankets and towels that I no longer use.) Look for one in your area and donate before throwing away. *this has been a public service announcement*

Hi to all..hope your day is bright.

Shopaholic1204
01-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Went to bed with wet hair..woke up early stuffed up and feeling icky. Took meds and went back to bed, lol. I woke up an hour ago. Ughhhh..I still feel awful!!!

RosieKate
01-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Happy WI day :) Down 2 for me. In a week that saw me as low as 173 and as high as 180...crazy stuff.

I ran and did the Beach Body class. so I hurt and I am tired - what a combination, lol! Food choices have been good so far today. I really want to get the food on track this week - last week was challenging.

Hope everyone is having a good day- yay for your loss Sue!

Ciao!

jules1216
01-11-2010, 07:38 PM
oooppppsss...I forgot to weigh in at work....will do it tomorrow...

Well my new grandchild will be another boy. Little Ashton Spencer will be here in April.

suetalks
01-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Katy---You are my hero. Running, doing classes AND losing weight. Congrats!

Sassy_Chick
01-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi girls. Well I've worked two days on my new shift. Feels very weird to be on days after being on nights for so long. I have seen a lot of people who I haven't seen in a long time. They all have said that I look great which makes me feel really good. :)
Francie your not the only one who is feeling awful I am too. :( Just woke up all achy and my head is killing me and Im freezing which if I am cold then it's either really cold or Im sick because I am hardly ever cold. It's most likely because I have a fever. I called off work. I feel bad for doing it, but if Im sick I really am not going to be very helpful.
Jules congrats on the grandson! :bb:
Sorry I can't remember anything else right now. I will check in later and do more indies.

Mom2Gaby
01-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Sassy - It'll probably take some time to get use to the new shift. Feel better :)

Francie - you too! I always use to go to bed w/ wet hair, drove my dad nuts...but I never got sick.

Jules - yay to Ashton! How do you forget to weigh in, I have the scale strapped to my feet. haha Almost, I shouldn't do that. We don't wanna become obsessed...:devil:

Katy - congrats to the weight loss :) :carrot:

Sue- congrats to your weight loss too :carrot::carrot:

:wave: to Cristina,Kathy, and Mindee!

I'm going. Bummed lately. Worried about Gaby and her schooling, thinking of moving back to Portland this summer. Hate that thought but just not making enough money here. And I miss the R's. anyway, chat more later.

Shopaholic1204
01-13-2010, 01:52 PM
I've decided to weigh in every friday. That way all my hard work throughout the week will show up on friday. Plus, I tend to slack off on the weekends..so I can work off the weekend slack through the week, lol.

Jules~Congrats on the new grand baby!! What is the due date in April?

suetalks
01-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Today went well. Mom's procedure didn't bother her much. She just slept the afternoon away due to the Morphine. :)
Now we just wait for the results.

I went grocery shopping after bringing mom home. I really do not like going to the grocery anymore. Can't think of what to cook..so don't know what to buy. Tired of cooking, shopping and eating. :( I need to get organized.

Have no plans for tomorrow except to get out and walk since it is going to warm up. Wanted to walk today but our street was not cleared off yet. Surely it will be tomorrow.

Mom and I plan to go to Kohl's and the mall...yippee.

Shopaholic1204
01-14-2010, 11:10 AM
So..while doing yoga..I was leaning over and I felt something pop in my back. It wasnt a good pop either. If I dont move, it doesn't hurt as bad. I'm just trying to stay still and keep my back straight. That seems to help. I HATE YOGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear, I'm never doing it again!!!!!!! I'm also buying different workouts for the Wii Fit. Any suggestions? I hear the Biggest Loser is pretty good.

I weighed in today. I lost 1 pound. Score.

Sassy_Chick
01-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Hi girls.

Well called off again today. Still feeling ****ty. :barf: I went to the dr. today he said it was viral so nothing much he can do for me, just what I've been doing rest, liquids,etc. I did lose 4 pounds!!!! :dance:

Hope u all are doing well!

Shopaholic1204
01-14-2010, 10:33 PM
YAY on losing 4 pounds!!!

FrouFrou
01-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Okay, so I didn't make it back to chat :( Will for sure tomorrow evening once Lily is gone. This has been a busy week and right now I am tired and have a headache and just want to go to bed so...I shall chat tomorrow evening, ladies.

Hugs to everyone :hug:

jules1216
01-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes on my little Ashton Spencer. Jerry is REALLY excited to have another grandson and Ry,Tonya and Teri all wanted another boy, but I have to say there was a little bit of me that wanted a baby girl...it's ok though I love my Dominic and will be happy for another grandson.

Francie--don't have a WII so I can't help you. Pops in the back are definitely not good unless a chiropractor is making the pop happen.

Crisitina--can't believe I gained everything I lost back again...well I sort of can...that's what happens when I do the mindless grazing,stress eating thing.

Sassy--wtg on the loss, but it's a awful way to get it. Hope you feel better.

Sue--glad your mom's procedure went well.

Katy--you are everyone's hero!!

Kathy my friend...where have you been. It's Saturday and hubby is being an ares...just like clockwork.

SUzyQ--I think I lost 2 lbs...I am not sure how...I hate the scales so I tend to forget and I have been so busy lately.

FrouFrou
01-16-2010, 05:23 PM
So I finally made it back here, lol...

Hello everyone...

JULES...I have always loved the name Spencer, such a nice name and is great with Ashton! CONGRAT'S again...I can only imagine how happy everyone is. Bet Ry and his honey cannot wait for his arrival!

SUSAN...everytime I see the commercial for that movie it cracks me up...all the single ladies, all the single ladies...the blonde one is too cute! And your momma doesn't know what she is talking about! Everyone should go to Hawaii! :lol: I will one day...it's on my bucket list.

FRANCIE...hope your back is better, and you're not so stuffy :hug: I can't help you with the Wii either, don't have one. Son has the yoga one and he loves it, lol...can't imagine him doing yoga, lol.

SASSY...you'll get used to working days soon enough, hopefully, lol. I bet it is hard though after working nights for so many years. And hope you are feeling better too :hug: and yay to the 4 pounds! :carrot:

SUE...glad your moms procedure went well. :hug: So did ya find anything good at Kohl's? You know, I always forget the store is here even though I pass it every morning. Just never think about going over there...but I love the store. Yay to your loss as well :carrot:

KATY...wtg on your 2 pound loss :carrot:

HIYA KATHY wherever you are! We miss you, and you too MINDEE! Where are you ladies? Do we need to send a search party?

So I forgot to WI today...funny, I hadn't weighed in so long I can't remember if I was still doing the Saturday or Monday WI's, lol :dizzy: I weighed last Monday I believe and was up almost a pound...remember that so guess I will go with the Monday WI. Not being doing well with the food the last two days...eating out too much. Hard not to when on the go but I guess I could have made better choices...just didn't want to. I know, I am bad :nono: :club: :frypan: :kickbutt: I have exercised 4 days so far though. Of course I know they go hand in hand and if I don't get the eating on track there's really no sense in exercising.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend :hug:

Mom2Gaby
01-17-2010, 01:06 PM
:wave: quickie, at work. I'll get tomorrow off w/ Gaby, we might go to Portland tonight when I get off . Suppose to be stormy, so not sure, I don't like driving in real bad weather.

Congrats to all the losers!! :)

Sassy_Chick
01-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Hey girls.

Why do I feel like I have got nothing accomplished this week? I guess it's an adjustment. Plus really tough to do anything when DH is sleeping.

Well I got some good news at work Friday from my old boss. I got my review to tell me how much I would be getting for my raise. (everybody got one--finally!!) Anyways it was way more than I ever expected. Esp from my co. So that made me feel good. They don't give people good raises, they just don't. So I am happy. Makes me FINALLY feel appreciated.

I've been seeing so many people that I have not seen in so long due to working nights for so long. Kind of nice. ESP when they all say that I look so good. ;)

DH is a really bad ENABLER!!!! He brought a bunch of junk food to me AGAIN!!! It's kind of starting to really piss me off!!! I told him, "You want me to stay fat don't you?" He told me, "I just want you to be happy." So that pretty much answered my question and the answer, at least from what I've seen is "yes he wants me to stay fat" Because like my friend said he is getting nervous now that I am changing, not just physically, but emtionally as well. I think he is afraid that I am moving forward and leaving him behind. Any of you experience this with anybody close to you? If so how did you handle it??

Sorry this got so long. I guess I had a lot to say.

FrouFrou
01-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Happy Sunday...

SUSAN...if you go to Portland be careful!

SASSY...sorry can't help ya there but I've read here on 3fc a lot about the same thing...the men feeling threatened by their SO's weight loss. But, yay to the raise! :woohoo: I know hubby always has to ask for his...he will wait a year and if no one has mentioned it he asks. Anyway...

Lazy day today for me...been on FB most of the morning. Takes too long to add pictures for sure. Anyway...going to go read, get some laundry done and probably watch a bunch of stupid movies, lol.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend :wave:

Sassy_Chick
01-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Thanks Cristina. Yeah the raise certainly helps esp with me losing my shift dif and all. Hope your hubby gets his!! Well off to make cucumber salad to have with dinner & salad for my lunch tomorrow! :)

Shopaholic1204
01-18-2010, 05:19 AM
Sassy~I feel threatened by my hub's weight loss. Girls look at me like a fat pig and look at him like he's a walking sex stick. What if he leaves me for someone who is skinny and pretty!! I mean..he's been with me since I've looked like this..so maybe he wouldn't leave me..but the thought is always there. Especially when he's on deployment and I get even more paranoid when he goes to different ports. All those different beautiful foregin girls. :( I haven't been losing anything that is noticable..so he probably doesnt have to worry about anything.

FrouFrou
01-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Good morning, ladies...

Or is it? For me...no, lol. WI was bad but ya know, not a shock, and I think not correct but most likely not far off. I hate late last night...about 9:30 so I am sure that is part of the reason but...I also pigged out over the weekend in preparing for today, lol. WEll, not so much preparing but...today is day 1 of my challenge. My challenge is to not eat out for 30 days with the exception of Daughter's BD. Plus more water and exercise. I've got to get a handle on this before I end up right back at square one. So today's WI is 199.8 :yikes:

Anywho...moving on with the day, time to do my exercise dvd. Don't have little Lily today so I am aiming to get lots done today. Have to go to the mall later to take something back so will be getting a walk in. Of course the temps have been in the 50's and supposed to be more of the same so I may venture out in the neighborhood to walk this week.

Have a great Monday all!

Sassy_Chick
01-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey Girls. :wave:

Happy MLK Day!

Work has been busy all day. We are 3 short today so probably why. But hey makes the day go faster right? Before I knew it was 4 pm and time for my friend to leave already. (she works 7 am - 4 pm) So only 2 1/2 hours left for me! :D

I did get my laundry all done, folded, not put away, but hey at least its clean and folded right? lol. Um made Cucumber salad even though the cucumbers taste not so great because they are out of season right now. Made my salad for work for lunch and it was yummy. :) Had that and WW Boston Creme Pie Yogurt. ;) And a banana earlier for a snack. Not too shabby eh? lol.

Lets see what else? Oh got the kitchen cleaned up and trash taken out lastnight too. I would have vacuumed, swept and mopped the floors but didn't want to push it with my back. But I was happy with my progress at least.

Francie -- Sorry :hug: I know how that feels too. I honestly don't think my DH has that to worry about but I guess I never thought about it. Also he has been working mass OT so he isn't getting to spend much time with me either. I did buy him a card and a little legos toy and stuck it in his laptop bag and he really liked that. So maybe I just got to do little things like that more often. I also took out the trash and cleaned up the kitchen and everything lastnight, he normally does it but with his working so much I did it so he didn't have to worry over it. But have you talked to your hubby about your feelings? All I can say is he comes home to you. I know that prob doesn't make you feel any better. Also my friend gave me some great advice too. Give him what you want in return. Ex: like my little card and gift to my dh. Usually when people do things for people that usually means they would like it if they had it done for them as well. Just a thought and you might already do it, I dunno. But Big :hug: hon. I have lost about 50 pounds and I honestly don't see it much until I started buying new clothes and stuff. Because I kept wearing the same sized clothes and they were all baggy and it makes you look bigger than you are. Just a thought.

Cristina -- Big :hug: You'll get back on track, I know you will. ;) It took me forever to get back on track and even now I still fall off. lol. I know that is frustrating though to want the scale to go down and it goes up instead. :hug:

Big :hug: to everybody.

suetalks
01-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Another gloomy day here. Low 30's and gray.
I have had headaches and ear aches and am trying to baby it along...don't want a stinking cold while on vacation. :)

WI really sucked.. didn't improve on the .4 I was counting on expanding. ...and won't weigh in for 3 weeks now. I imagine I will break the scale when I return. ha..Actually, I am hoping to do well due to lots of walking. (but, lots of good eating too I imagine) I am taking rice cakes and almonds..not candy and chips, so *fingers crossed.*

This will be a long week....I am already getting outfits together and vascillating on which shoes, which jacket, etc....you know how that goes with women. ha

No news yet on mom's biopsy. (reason for our stress here...) She is doing great.

Sassy- You and Cristina need to come clean for me. Cristina, I don't have a basement, but you can clean here.
You are both doing good....Cristina, keep up the exercising and Sassy the good eating. I am jealous...

Laundry to fold and utility room to clean. Have a good day all!

RosieKate
01-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Hi all! WI has me down another 2, back to square one...but recovered from the holiday bingeing.

Not much to report around here. I trained at school for an Art Literacy project to do with my DD's class, then I came home and cleaned...still not done with that. Son got sick at school and I had to go pick him up. Such an exciting life, lol!

Now I need to get back to finishing up that laundry!

Sassy - WTG on 50 pounds - I had no idea you had lost that much...where have I been, lol! You look great. I bet your hubby thinks so, too. Men seem to have a hard time coping with change sometimes, don't they? But in the end, I am sure he wants a healthy happy wife and he will support you. Congrats on the raise.

Francie - you look great, too!

Cristina - I like your goal..we need to eat out less as well. Seems like we are doing a bit too much and we can't really afford it.

Sue - hope you get some good news on your mom's test.

Jules - congrats on the grandson-to-be...that's very exciting

Susan- did you make it to Portland?

Kathy - Hi - hope you are well.

Mom2Gaby
01-20-2010, 01:05 PM
I didn't make it to Portland, I've been tired w/ work and the same ole routine. Didn't really want to go in to taxi girls to the mall. ha
Weight is 154.8 this morning,been awhile for anything below 155 so I am happy w/ that. And I was able to get back into my jeans and I don't feel bloated anymore.
Tax day, going to sit in my kitchen and hammer out the numbers and hope to toss it in the mail this afternoon. I want my money! :D

I'll catch up later, if I don't get some things done before computer time, I get nothing done. lol

suetalks
01-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Five days...that is how long the weatherman has to IMPROVE conditions in San Diego...I do not want a vacation full of rainy days.
Still cold and dreary here. We went to IHop for breakfast to try out a new place. I was not impressed and I have heard so much about them...we must have gotten a bum one here. :)
Doing nothing today, just sorting through clothes and doing some packing. DH brought me the suitcases...so I guess he is ready for me to fill 'em up.

Eating has been going 1/2 way decent and I have been using the trampoline. Otherwise I am a slug....one who hates winter blahs!

Yay for Susan and Katy for the scales going down. And Sassy for her achievements. I wish I had the "oomph" of Cristina for exercising. I am envious of all....and I know I have WORK to do.

Happy Hump Day ya'll.

suetalks
01-20-2010, 10:30 PM

Latest picture of our sweetie pie. He will be 9 months old Feb. 1st.

FrouFrou
01-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Hello all...

Meant to post daily but came down with something Monday (think it was over the weekend) and haven't been on the computer until today. Baby is sleeping and I am feeling a little better and was bored. Anyway...as said about the 199 whatever it was I am happy to report that on Monday WI was 195 something (I wrote it down) but as of today it is 191.4 not good. I mean it is good but I can't take credit for it. I've been on a soup, jello, icecream diet for the last three days...haven't been able to stomach 'real' food until today...feeling better and my appetite seems to be coming back slowly...just wish the sore throat and crap in the sinuses would go away. Anyway...I'm not changing the ticker or anything until Sat, my official WI day. Decided to go back to a Sat wi because of Sunday dinners, lol so we will see what Sat's WI will be. I know it will go up once I start eating again so anyway...

Sorry for no indies...went to FB first for a little while and baby should be waking. Will try to get back here tomorrow or tomorrow evening. If not Sat for sure.

SUE...can't remember when you are leaving but be safe, and I hope the weather changes for ya! Oh and cute picture of Mason, can't believe how big he is getting!

Have a good rest of the week everyone!

Sassy_Chick
01-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi Girls.

Well today I fell off the wagon. lol. I stopped at Mickey D's this morning. Then ate Strawberry Marshmallows and a banana for lunch! lol. :rofl:

But I did make awesome chicken lastnight!! I took boneless skinless chicken breasts and covered them in crackers and some Parmesan cheese, with a drizzle of Garlic Infused Olive Oil over them, and baked them. They were pretty good! Even DH liked them! I brought that and green beans for lunch, that I didn't eat. lol.

Anyways. I have been playing the drums on Guitar Hero and man what a workout! lol. My friend's DH lost 40 pounds by playing them! I can see why! I sweat bullets when I am playing! lol. But its fun and better than just sitting there like a lump. lol.

Question. Ever since a couple weeks ago when my friends and I went dancing, my hips have been killing me. I thought at first it was just a pulled muscle and that it would go away. But it still hurts. So do any of you know of any exercises I can do to strengthen those muscles??

Katy -- Yeah I didn't realize how much I have lost until my friend made me go shopping and try on clothes that actually fit me and don't hang off of me! I was amazed then was weighed last week at the dr and lost another 4 pounds so that brings me to a total of 50 pounds lost so far! YEE-HAW! :carrot: Now just have to keep it off and keep losing! lol.

Cristina -- Glad your feeling better!! My DH was too, he is over it now, but it stinks when you feel bad!

Sue -- Its been the strangest weather here in OH lately. in the 40's and 50's one day then in the 30's and now a chance of sleet? Weird. DH and I are planning on going to Vegas either next month or in March. I am excited as I've never been, he has, but its been a long time.

Thanks Everybody and Have a Great Evening!

Big :hug:

Shopaholic1204
01-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Sassy~I never lost any weight by playing the drums on Rock Band, LOL!!! I play it all the time too. Well..I've switched to the guitar because I rule now. It gives my fingers a nice workout though, lol.

I've totally gone off the deep end. Well, not really..since all I eat now is healthy foods. But still. I haven't worked out at all all week. I've been sleeping so poorly lately. Which is why I probably haven't lost anything. I got sick on tuesday morning, slept all day until 6pm. Then I didnt sleep at all that night..and went to sleep at 3pm on wed. Thankfully I found some cold medicine to knock me out that night. But then the cats woke up me up at 7am on thursday. I was pretty much cranky all day long. But I went to bed at midnight and woke up at 5:30am today. Figures huh?

Ohh..what is up with all the crazy weather? There was a tornado in Arizona!!!!! That is really rare!! Nothing ever happens in Az. Everything is making me think of The Day After Tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow. Sat will mark 7 years since Fonzo & I started going out. :D

jules1216
01-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Francie--this has actually been the worse winter in quite a few years around her. Uggg, I hate frezzing rain, much rather it be snow...though I REALLY am tired of snow. Snow is easier to drive in than ice. My hubby used to get hit on in front of me, he still gets flirted with alot, but even on the days where I want to give him away...he's mine. PS--not all girls like skinny sex sticks--my skinny daughter happens to like guys with extra love handles and it doesn't mattter what they other girls want when he wants you!!

Sassy--wtg on the 50 lb mark!! Cute on the little gifts to hubby. Your chicken sounds good.

Cristina--I did lose 2 lbs of the too much I gained back. Sorry you have been sick.

SUe--I am not impressed with IHOP either. I know what you mean on the weather....I am so ready for spring!!

SUzy--Here's to getting back in your jeans and a BIG tax refund!! I haven't got a refund since I lost the kids as dependents...at least I break even.

Katy--you always amaze me with all your activities.

Had a great day with mom, we got very nostalgic going through things, but it was a great day!!

Shopaholic1204
01-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Jules~I'm so tired of this weather. I'm sick of rain and snow!!! When will spring be here?? I dont like skinny guys. Even though Fonzo was thin, he was cut pretty nicely. That's always been my type. Fonzo doesnt like skinny girls, lol. He likes curvy girls. Maybe I should change my opinion on how thin I want to be...

Mom2Gaby
01-23-2010, 12:41 PM
yippee, @ 153.6 this morning.

working this weekend, still here though! chat more when I get a second.

:wave: to everyone!

FrouFrou
01-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Happy Saturday, all!

SUSAN...yippee on the 153.6! :carrot: Don't work too hard missy!

JULES...glad you had a great day with your mom. :hug: I would love to have more days with mine...distance is a biotch for sure.

SUE...I was gonna say have a wonderful time in San Diego but I KNOW you guys will! Be safe!

FRANCIE...we've had some weird weather here as well but for the most part it's been decent. We haven't had the snow we had last year *knock on wood*, lol

SASSY...your chicken sounds good! And WTG on the 50 pounds, that is awesome! :carrot:

HIYA KATY...

And where the heck is MINDEE and KATHY? Miss you ladies :hug:

Okay, so WI this morning I am at an even 194 and that sounds a lot better than 199 something for sure! Probably would have been a little less but I was a sort of pig yesterday, not so bad I don't think but I was hungry...too bad nothing even tasted good. I can't taste anything my nose is so messed up. Anyway...I've got laundry going and I plan on reading and being lazy today. Going to make two desserts for tomorrow's dinner later but that's about it. I've got to be careful this week for sure with the eating with Sunday dinner and then daughter's BD Tuesday...good thing I don't really care for strawberry cake. Anyway...take care all and enjoy your weekend!

suetalks
01-24-2010, 09:52 PM
We talked to DS and it is sunny in San Diego...so now I am READY to go. That rain had me worried.
I won't have a computer unless I use DS's so I might not check in often....I should have gotten my Netbook. We have been talking about one for me or a Blackberry...and I just didn't do anything. The story of my life, procrastination.
Hope you all have a wonderful 3 weeks..."I'll be back!"

suetalks
01-25-2010, 12:03 PM
WI before vacation...still holding at 1 pound down, which was a surprise. *fingers crossed* that I maintain the 1 pound and do even better...3 weeks from today for next weigh-in.
Adios... :)

Shopaholic1204
01-25-2010, 02:51 PM
I need help!! How do you go about finding a vet?? I really need to get my cat fixed asap!! She's been spraying so much lately, because she's in heat every other week!! I cant take it anymore. Do you base the vet on ratings, or what? Do I look for a clinic, or a hospital? I would guess a clinic, since the one in WA we went to was one. I'm so confused. I miss the one in WA, lol!! There was only one, and it was good.

RosieKate
01-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Howdy! drive by weigh-in today..gotta go to class. WI was 172.2...so I'm happy. Hope you are all well and I'll try to get back soon.

Mom2Gaby
01-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Quickie here too. I have to get some morning errands done before work!

Congrats Katy!

Francie - word of mouth here on a good vet, do you have any friends w/ pets??

Sue - have fun on the vcation!

Cristina - Happy Birthday to your daughter today!! How old is she?? Congrats too on your weight loss. And I am working hard, I am BURNT out, I hate my job. lol Sorry....I have to go have an attitude adjustment.

:wave: to everyone else!! Better get moving.

Sassy_Chick
01-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Happy Tuesday Everybody! lol.

Well I got pulled into a meeting with my boss and manager. Guess what? My schedule is changing AGAIN! Everybody is moving to either 7 am - 7:30 pm or 7 pm - 7:30 am and there are four shifts: Sun - Tues and every other Wed or Thurs - Sat and every other Wed. on both Days and Nights.

So I chose 7 pm - 7:30 am Sun - Tues and every other Wed. So a lot like my old schedule just different hours. Nothing is set in stone but my manager said he would try to get me what I wanted. Its effective March 1st, but my manager said he may move me sooner. I was like "doesn't matter to me if its gonna happen, doesn't really matter when." lol.

But I am sure my coworker/friend is not going to be happy about it either. I don't think anybody is honestly. But its either change or no job. So I suppose I have job hunt harder now. Because I honestly don't want to work those long hours again. I know beggers can't be choosers, esp now, but I am tired of doing long hours.

I dunno it just gives me such an uneasy feeling to be moved around so much, you know? That isn't a sign of good things. I like stability and this job is anything but that. Is it too much to ask for to just have a job, any job, that is stable? I know there are lots and lots of people unemployed right now, but I think honestly I'd rather be than this. Its a constant worry if we are going to have a job or not.

Anywho its almost lunch time for me.

Have a Great Afternoon & Evening Ladies!

FrouFrou
01-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Whew, hadn't been here in a while and I thought I missed out on a lot! Guess everyone is just mainly over at FB....

SUSAN...I can totally understand you being burnt out...sometimes we all just need a break from it all. Hey, Hawaii trip will be here soon (if you are still going) and that will do it for ya, or it would me, I think, lol. Daughter is 26 yikes! I am feeling old! Josh will be 28 next month...man, I am old!

SHEL...I can only imagine all the moving around and the schedule changes, geez, it wreaks havoc on ones body too...gotta get something and stick with it for sure. And yes, those are long hours, don't know how you do it.

SUE...hope you are enjoying San Diego...3 weeks ugh? Enjoy, enjoy and I hope the weather is cooperating for you guys!

KATY...good job on the WI!

FRANCIE...I picked ours out of the phone book, lol. I got lucky too cause they are good and I like them. We actually live in a different county and I don't know if you are supposed to license in the county you live it but I never did. Always went back to them even if I had to drive the almost 20 miles. But yeah, I would go with Susan advice...word of mouth is always the best I would think. And I would think clinic...of course I don't even know where a hospital is here...the vet had everything that I guess the hospital would. Ernie dog had his surgery there and such so...good luck on your search.

HIYA KATHY, JULES, MINDEE and, and...always feel like I am missing someone, so sure I am. Really need to get back here more often. I just don't get on the computer much at all while watching little Lillian and she's been sick so she's taken up even more time keeping a watchful eye.

And nothing really going on here. I haven't exercised much at all since getting sick last week. I tried but I've gotten so freaking lazy I am disappointed in myself big time. Was going to today but I keep using stuff as excuses, lol...whatever. I know I will get back on track some day. Hoping to start anew come Monday once I get enough of this antibiotic in me to make me feel better :crossed:

We got lots of snow last night, ugh! Tired of that stuff even though we haven't gotten much this winter, lol. It wasn't snowing when I got up but it started again. Supposed to get 4-8 inches when it's all said and done.

Anyway...better get going, smells like my beans are burning...cooking pinto beans for chili later.

Take care all and have a wonderful weekend!

Sassy_Chick
01-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Hey Ladies!

Well I'm sick, again. :barf: I swear I think it has to be from DH working at Childrens Hosp. You'd think immune system would be like steel by now!! Lol. So sitting here waiting for the dr. At least I have my I-phone to keep me occupied. Lol.

Also my friend\coworker and I are no longer friends. I believe she started an argument to make it easier to deal with me going back to nightshift. She is taking the dayshift long shift, which is the same days as me, but opposite hours. We've worked together for a year and a half most of that time it was just me and her and for the longest time it was 46 hours every other week together plus time outside of work too.

But she brought my husband into it and that's when I had enough. So we haven't talked since except for when I called in this morning and I could barely speak because I lost my voice. Then got sick later. :barf:

So anywho it's done and over with and I guess I am a cold and heartless ***** because I don't feel bad about it. It's more like a relief to me. Because some of u who have been around awhile may or may not remember last year this happened with her before, so I am just really TIRED of all the BS.

Well guess I have something viral according to my dr. Also according to my dr I have a very strong gag reflex. Lol. Because drs have to practically gag me to see my throat and I never gag because Im so used to it. Lol. And I gained weight according to my drs scale and I don't buy it because if I gained that much my brand new jeans that I was wearing and they are not even close to being tight. So figure I will re-weigh myself in the a.m.

Anyway, hope everybody here is doing well.

jules1216
01-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Sassy--hugs...so you will be back to nights with the hubby..that part is good. Sorry about your friend/co-worker....she shouldn't have brought your hubby into it. It seems like you were always a better friend to her than she was to you. I don't think you are cold and heartless...some people are toxic and bad for us....why is we are always blaming ourselves for their actions...

Cristina--I have such a sore throat and am not feeling well myself.

Susan-works does suck...wish I could with the lottery and not have too!!

well, seems like I just got on here but Dominic and hubby are wanting me with them so I gotta go!!

FrouFrou
01-31-2010, 03:21 AM
Hello all...

SASSY...sorry about your friend/co-worker. :hug: Hope you feel better soon too!

JULES...hope you are feeling better too!

Nothing much going on with me this weekend...being a hermit. Snow kinda messed up plans since Friday so I am being lazy and actually getting lots of reading done! Started a book yesterday and finished it this evening. Hoping I stay on this kick as I love to read. Now to get back to exercising and stick with it! Guess I am starting over once again. Got sick and lost weight but as of today I have gained 2 back so...yeah, need to go back to my soup, jello & ice cream diet without the sickness, lol!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and staying warm!

Sassy_Chick
01-31-2010, 07:22 AM
Hey girls,

well I feel a little bit better , but still not quit 100% yet. All I have done is sleep. But I suppse that is what your supposed to do when your sick. ;)
Now DH is sick as well.

Jules -- Thanks and I have to agree w/ you on that. I felt like I was always doing like 110% of the work on our "friendship" and she was only doing 10% and that's if she really was "trying." I also felt like I was never good enough just as "myself" you know?? She was ALWAYS "making me over" which I am glad on the most part because I am a better person. But I think I, myself had something to do with that as well. Now my other "friend" got all pissy with me as well just because I cancelled lastnight for her to come over my house to play Guitar Hero. Um sorry but me AND my DH are both sick and not interested in "entertaining." So I think it's time for me to find new friends, friends who treat me like oh I dunno a human being instead of always being crapped on.

Cristina -- Thanks. I haven't done much of anything latley either. I just recently watched "My Sisters Keeper" def nor as good as the book!! I haven't read much since Ive been on days but maybe once I go to nights.

Big :hug: to all!!

Shopaholic1204
01-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Hey all..been a few days since I've been on. Nothing much is new, except I can't ever eat fast food again. I had some BK breakfast, and I was sick all day!!! The only thing I can stomach is a 6in sub from Subway. I guess that's a good sign though right? No more junk food for me.

We had a really good day today. We went to a flea market in Baltimore. It was HUGE!!! I bought Ugg boots for a lot cheaper than the department store. Then I bought an authentic Louis Vuitton purse for $45!!!! It's purple and totally beautiful!!! I also bought a Tiffany bracelet for 10 dollars!!!!!!!! Talk about a major score!! I wanna go back to buy another bracelet, lol!!

Anyways..I'm feeling a little weird right now, so I'm gonna go lay down.

FrouFrou
02-01-2010, 12:33 PM
God I am so sick of coughing! Went to the doc and he gave me an antibiotic and I swear I have gotten worse. Okay, the throat is better but the coughing...gonna cough up a lung, geez. Anyway...

SASSY...I agree, you want to find people who like you for you, just the way you are.

FRANCIE...way to go on all the goodies! I hear ya on the fast food...I am the same, well, I eat out too much. But there comes a point where I can't stomach any more and yes that is a good thing! Feel bettter.

Hello to eveyrone else :wave:

Well, today is a new month...can't believe it is February!!!! And once again I am starting over. I don't know what is wrong with me that I can't get this down and stick with it. At least I keep trying/doing and not giving up even though I feel like throwing in the towel. I won't though, not yet.

Anyway...didn't get the room cleaned yesterday but did get a BIG chunk of it done. Plan today is exercise dvd, walk on the treadmill, iron and put Christmas stuff away and then I am done down here. Now, if I could just quit coughing. Took some cough medicine but not working yet...going to give it a day and if I am not better tomorrow calling the doctor again.

Have a good Monday, all! :hug:

jules1216
02-02-2010, 11:50 AM
quickee...strep is not fun....I needed a vacation but not like this.....

FrouFrou
02-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Me again,;) HAPPY TUESDAY to all!

Started off the week on a good note. Decided to start journaling...writing down every morsel, drink, etc that goes into my mouth and my exercise. Not so much the distance but just time. Not going to be so anal about the exercise this time. Aiming for 4-5 days a week and if I get more then great! If not I shall be happy with the 4-5.

Was up early this morning...didn't get much sleep. For some reason i could not go to sleep and the last time I looked at the clock it was 2 a.m. ugh! I NEED sleep when I have to get up at 5:42 (don't ask, my clock is ******ed). And woke up at 4 thinking UGH! Lol Barely went back to sleep only to wake up when the hubby got up at 5 but...even though I was dragging I did manage to get in a 30 minute dvd (Leslie Sansone of course) and a 10 minute walk on the treadmill. And I just did another 10 minute walk and some weights so, so far so good. I don't want to leave baby upstairs too long but I have to quit using her as an excuse not to exercise...yeah, I was using the baby. Didn't watch her the last four days and I was lazy and slept in so another reason it was hard to get up.

Oh, and WI sat showed a gain of 2 pounds but today I weighed and those 2 pounds are gone! Hopefully they stay gone and I can add or minus at least another pound.

Better get back upstairs till my next round of exercise. Going to do another 10 minute walk and some more weights once baby takes her next nap. Might even pull out the Biggest Loser dvd and do a few minutes of that...I've got to get the muscle built back up...not liking the look of the flab. Anywho...

Take care everyone, and I hope everyone has a wonderful day and week! :hug:

FrouFrou
02-02-2010, 11:55 AM
HIYA JULES...you snuck in there. I hear ya about the strep, or at least being sick. Those pills I've been taking I think are finally taking effect...feeling so much better today. Hope you get well soon and I hope little Dominic isn't sick as well. It's so hard seeing the little guys sick. Get plenty of rest lady, that's an order! :hug:

Okay, going to go change my ticker to what my WI was this past Saturday, hopefully it will change again, for the better come this Sat.

suetalks
02-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi ladies...Just a few minutes computer time whlie I am doing laundry. We are at DS's house, but the guys are working. Having a wonderful time, great weather and lots of beach walking. I am feeling so good about my food too...so *fingers crossed* I will be the same or lower next week. Big problem is 3 days in Vegas this week-end and that is a disaster area for me as far as food. :)
But, like I said...lots of walking and that helps. We have the beach cottage and got in some groceries for breakfasts and lunches....salads, soups, cereal and some bagels. Not many snacks lately..except I had a dessert with coffee in place of lunch yesterday...I just wanted something sweet ( ice cream. )

I am not missing the snow..that is for sure. I do miss my bed..there is no place like home for sleeping. Mom is doing great and DD is keeping an eye on her. She is actually staying with my aunt.

It will be back to the real world before we know it. I am dreaming of a beach house in La Jolla...yeah, right, over a million just to start. HA..

Talk to ya soon.

Sassy_Chick
02-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey Ladies.

Well I have some BIG news for you. I quit my job today. Yup. Finally. My Supervisor and my Manager pulled me into the office and I figured I was gonna be fired. lol. Nope they wrote me up for attendance (even though I had drs notes), said I didn't do my job and also that I had a bad attitude. Well it just plain pissed me off. After giving 4.5 years there and working all kinds of weird @$$ shifts for them. I know I should have been the "adult" and just stayed it out until I found another job, but I couldn't. I was too IRATE. :tantrum:

I told them both what I thought of them and the co. too. I said, "You wanna know why I missed all those days? Because I hate this freaking job and it literally makes me sick to come in this place everyday!" I also brought up my DH being fired by my same boss for PERSONAL reasons and it was proven because he got unemployment and he wouldn't have gotten it if he wasn't unjustly fired. So that peed off my supervisor (the dude who fired my dh) but my manager told him they could not discuss it even though it was my dh, also because he got in trouble for it because he did unjustly fire my dh and now the record is sealed. But man it felt so good to get everything out!! :D

My manager begged me to not quit, but I just was too p.oed by that point. So yup I quit. I know not very "adult" of me, but I did it and there is no going back. :running:

Anywho now I've been job hunting. I have put the word out to my friends and family to keep a look out for jobs for me. My one friend who just left the same co. is letting me use her as a reference and I applied at the co. she is at now. So hopefully I will get on!!! :crossed:

So I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me now. I got to tell my supervisor and my manager how I felt and everything so it was great and I could care less what people think about me. I did this for me and nobody else, not even my dh because he advised me to stay. But I was just over it. So its done and all I can do is move forward from here. ;)

Now if I could go back in time would I quit? I dunno knowing everything I know now possibly not. But my boss didn't give me the chance to just go home for the day, or he could have waited until I dunno the end of the day that way I would have just went home, ya know? I think they can learn a lesson from this. Don't tell people that they basically suck at their jobs until the end of the day if you don't want them to walk out on you!!!!! lol.

Anywho that is the scoop for today. Stay tuned for more! lol.

Well more has already arrived!! lol. My coworker, well I guess technically now my ex-coworker, my friend, lolll dropped by a Grocery Store Gift card we get from work for PERFECT ATTENDANCE for me. LMAO. Now how IRONIC is that????!!! LMAO!!! OMG SO FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!!!! :rofl:

RosieKate
02-05-2010, 10:26 AM
yet another quickie from me...just wanted to say YOU ROCK Sassy-girl! WTG! That job was sucking the life out of you...

Other than that, my WI was no change...having hard time with the munchies this week. Will keep plugging away

TGIF everyone!

jules1216
02-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Sassy--good for you...I think it's a matter of time before my hubby walks out of his

Katy--at least you are holding steady no gain!!

Snow is falling....looks so pretty but I am sooo sick of it...been cooped up with hubby all week and now it looks like we are going to be snowbound......

Sassy_Chick
02-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Hi Chickies!!!

Thank You all for your kind words!!!

Katy-- I agree it was sucking the life out of me!!!! I haven't WI since I went to the dr last week I need to in the a.m. Kinda curious because I noticed yesterday that my work pants or shall I say ex-work pants :D were really loose on me & my Leather Coat is HUGE on me now!!! :carrot: I think as soon as I get a job, Im going SHOPPING!!! Lol.

Jules--We're supposed to get hit this evening & tonight w/ snow. I think it's beginning to sleet now!!! I am cuddled up under my blankie watching movies!!! Too bad we can't watch together, eh????!!!!

Also DH came home from work telling me he has a job lead for me @ Childrens Hospital (where he works) he is friends with the Manager of Housekeeping. He talked to her and they are hiring so we went downtown this morning and I got a background check done for the job(it's a requirement) and he will turn it into her Monday night. So pls keep your fingers, toes, eyes crossed!! :crossed: Lol

I am also looking into going back to College for Health Care Administration. ;) DH said he may go back too possibly nursing school!!! :D

So I feel really good about my decision! I wanna begin exercising everyday as well!! Maybe break out my W.A.T.P DVD or something. :)

Big Hugs to all :hug:

Stay Warm!!! :hot:

FrouFrou
02-05-2010, 07:42 PM
SUE...glad you guys are enjoying the lovely weather! It's horrible here, 'bout ready to leave this place, lol. Okay, I'm kidding but really tired of all this messy snow. Glad your mother is doing fine.

SASSY...WTG to you!!

Just dropping by to say Hey :wave: So glad it is Friday! Why I don't know, lol.

Have a good weekend, all!

Mom2Gaby
02-05-2010, 11:17 PM
I know I have been terrible not checking in here at this site. I am just frustrated w/ my weight, I am back to 155 after I reached 153 last week. Trying to hang in there until I can afford a treadmill next month.

Sassy - I am really glad to hear you quit that job, it sounded so stressful. Something great will come along!

Everyone stay safe in the winter weather back east.

anyway, going home and have to work the weekend. I hope you are all well, I will really make an effort to get here more often!

Mom2Gaby
02-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Good Morning -

It's a work day here, I so want a weekend off. I'll get a 3 day one next week and Gabys b-day on the 16th, can't wait.
Late night snacking is out of control. I get bored at night, just wanna graze. haha. Anyway, I will try this week to be more careful.
Need to go get V cards for Gaby's class after work and I hope her father will take her swimming today, she needs to be active.

I guess that is it. Chat more later :)

jules1216
02-06-2010, 02:19 PM
the snow is up to the bottom of my behind...I almost got stuck out in it feeding the birds....how many calories do you think walking through the stuff burns...I may go out again!!!

I have lost a few pounds but am not posting annything until I am off this pennicillin(sp?)...hubby and are are really not eating much...I am just not very hungry....GASP...I am sure it will all come back to me after the pills are through...

I did get a book at the bookstore on the Eat Clean diet and the companion cookbook...hubby has packed on the pounds this winter so he wants to do something to...maybe if he's doing it with me, he won't sabotage my efforts......I guess this is my "new plan".....that and exercise....should be able to have enough cash saved for the elliptical I want...not the cheapest but definitely not the most expensive...would love to get the NordicTrak Treadclimber that has the Jillian Michaels routines programmed...

speaking of hubby...his 50th bday is tomorrow...

Hi to all...

jules1216
02-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Me again...cabin fever is sinking in big time...30 inches of snow...driveway only part way plowed out...no idea what are back road looks like...really need a four wheel drive vehicle....going to go unbury the car just in case..waiting for it to warm up some...snow is shining...but wind is blowing chilly...it is finally up to 20 degrees!!!

Poor hubby--what a way to celebrate his big 50th birthday....

Mom2Gaby
02-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Jules- Happy Birthday to your husband! Be safe in the weather, looking horrible in the news. What does a NordicTrak Treadclimber do? I'll have to go look it up.

Finally get tomorrow off. Did Car & Princess V cards w/ Gabster last night. Ok on weight, not going up or down. Pray for Rachel, she is having a hard time. Talking about moving to Uath w/ her bf, lord help me. She doesn't need to go there w/ him.

:wave: to everyone, better get back to work!

jules1216
02-07-2010, 01:05 PM
It's horrible finding places to put the snow....I shoveled one side of the car to knock the snow off it...now I have to shovel the other side with the additional crap knocked off....

at least I must be burning lots of calories!!

Rachel is the one you worry about...that was my Ryan for years...he's finally got on track...gosh I missed him when he moved to Washington. What's in Utah?? Does the BF have friends, family, a job prospect.....there??? You both will be in my prayers...

weight is going down, but the penicillin and not eating much and the shoveling are helping that...we will see when things get back to normal...

poor hubby..what a birthday!!

Mom2Gaby
02-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Jules- I hate snow, I hate getting wet & cold. Hate winter. lol I guess bf's mother is in Utah. He is going Monday and Rach is crying. I thought she was going w/ him,hope not. They have been staying in motels because the rental's power was turned off and they had stayed at her fathers til Becky got into it w/ the bf. He shouldn't have been there in the 1st place. She just really needs to get back on track.

Cristina - I am reading Sundays at Tiffany's , have you read it? Always think of you when I read James Patterson. :)

k- back to work!!

jules1216
02-07-2010, 03:28 PM
SuzyQ--maybe the bf going to his mom's will be best for Rach....she can get herself back on track. I am so very ready for spring, fell several times...think I will need the chiropractor very soon, heading for the jacuzzi tub and then a nap...

Cristina--where are you missy....

hi to all...

Mom2Gaby
02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Dang, you aren't suppose to be falling Jules, hope you are ok and not sore later on.
Lets hope bf goes to Utah by himself, Rach really needs to get out of the relationship. I just ache for her and her safety. And I hate when she is so miserable.

I have flabby arms. Something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention the other day.............loose flab waving in the breeze when I was shaking something out. Gross....I have no muscle. lol

back to work, will this day ever end? :?:

Mom2Gaby
02-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Like I promised, I am back! Oh,joy. Still 155 this morning, lets add a .8...155.8
I'll take it though because I was eating Cheez It party mix last night, and a bag of popcorn. Late night snacking, it'll do me in.
My day off, think I will go to the store and look at treadmills. I will just get a Weslo because that is what Freddies sell's, nothing fancy, and it is what I used before. Blah,blah.
I have to clean house and if I am real motivated mow the yard, can you believe it is growing, suppose to have nice weather this week.

chat later. :wave:

RosieKate
02-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi y'all! 170.5 for weigh in..of course that is after my "last chance" workout today, but that's when I weighed in last week, so I'll call it good for this week :) I joined the Biggest Loser's Pound for Pound challenge, thinking that if I manage to lose some, then I can raise a little bit of $$ for our local food bank. So far I raised 39 cents - not much, but, oh well.

Susan- - hope Rachel can get back on track..it's hard to watch your kids struggle

Jules - hope you can dig out soon...your pix are sure pretty! HB to hubby!

Hi to everyone else...bet Sassy is still out celebrating, lol! Have a great day!

jules1216
02-08-2010, 07:10 PM
SuzyQ--Cheeze-its are one of Dominic's favorite, unfortunately I like them way to much...I send them all the goodies home with him when he goes...I give in to temptation way to quick...what can I say..I'm easy....The elliptical I am looking at is a weslo.

Katy--woohoo on the 39 cents.....the blue sky against the snow on the trees was beautiful..had to share. I really do hate snow at this point, but it is beautiful...there is another storm coming tomorrow afternoon into Wednesday--5 to 12 more inches.....I need to move to Arizona....

hi to everyone else...

Mom2Gaby
02-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Katy - How did you raise an odd amount like 39 cents? Nosiy minds wanna know. I cleaned out my wallet yesterday and cashed in the coins in for 4.01:carrot: Congrats on the 170.5!

Jules- party mix has this garlic taste to it, I like that part.....and funyuns are pretty tempting too. I gave in and had a bowl of oatmeal w/ a banna & yogurt last night, woke up to 155.6 , so was ok w/ that.

yada, yada.....pssst, took the day off, called in and said Gaby had pink eye. pfft. Close enough. I don't want to say I am sick because I might be out and about today and run into my supervisor or a co worker, that is my luck. lol So, I am off til Thursday!

anyway, Rach is coming down today and bringing Gab a b- day gift, tomorrow her bf and her will head to Salt Lake City. Argh. Maybe she still won't leave?

going to mow and mop my kitchen.......chat later :wave:

jules1216
02-09-2010, 01:46 PM
SuzyQ---Here's hoping Rach changes her mind and doesn't leave.....will her Dad pay for a plane ride home if she does and things go bad....

WOOHOOO!!! Down 3 pounds sinc ethe doctor last monday...12 more inches of snow on the way to shovel will help the downward trend!!

jules1216
02-09-2010, 04:36 PM
it's snowing again....

Sassy_Chick
02-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Hey Ladies!!!!

Well we have been blessed with Jules' snow. lol. :snow4: I feel like I've been snowed in forever now. lol. Luckily DH has the 4 Wheel Drive to get to work. My poor little car is still covered with snow and just continues to get covered. lol

I re-scheduled my appointment with the college. Did I tell u guys I was thinking about going back?? I am. lol. Trying to see if I can get a 3rd degree, this time in Health Care Administration, hopefully help me get a job at the hospital. lol. So I figure if I don't have to go out, I'm not gonna. lol. So hopefully Monday.

I think I may have been approved for unemployment, not sure yet. It said how much I'd be getting and all, so I don't think they'd go through all the trouble of figuring that all out unless I got it, but I don't want to get my hopes up!

But pretty pathetic that I will actually be making more money with unemployment than if I was actually working because no benefits or nothing are taken out and I don't really need them as DH has me covered, we just had dual coverage.

I have been only home not even a week yet and I feel like I've been here for months. lol. I think its the snow and the fact that I can't even go to the store or anything. :p I never thought I'd say this because I like snow and winter time, but I am ready for spring!!! lol. :sunny:

I made Talpia with Lemon last night for dinner and it was so yummy! :D Even the kitties loved it! Plus its real healthy, I baked it in the oven and just had lemon and a little dot of butter on it. ;)

Anybody ever wanna chat online or something lemme know. I get bored. There is only so much cleaning a person can do. lol. PM me if you don't have my Yahoo ID.

Later Taters I am gonna go take a nice hot shower and pretend I am under a waterfall in the Bahamas or something. LOL!!! :beach:

jules1216
02-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Sassy--there calling for more snow Monday and Tuesday here...I am so sick of it all, watching my vacation get ate up by the snow is not helping. Going back to school sounds good. I am thinking about enrolling next fall at Shepherd University. I am thinking of getting into their Nursing program, I can start taking some of the bull classes you need for any degree and get them out of the way. Hubby's gout is acting up so he is using long term sick. A coworker that lives out this way picked me up yesterday in his 4 wheel drive truck. Everyone that lives out this way were off last Monday, today and probably tomorrow. I may end up getting my brother to come get me and either stay with them or my Dad's. I hate to leave hubby here alone but I need to get back to work. I am starting to get really stressed out about it. Enjoy your Bahamas moment!!

RosieKate
02-10-2010, 05:43 PM
the P4P challenge is 14 cents a pound. Sorry the snow is driving y'all nuts..wish I could wave a magic wand and bring you all here for a girls' weekend.

As far as school, well, I am all for it. I should know, I've been in school more than I've been in the work force, lol! Education does expand one's horizons.

Ciao

Mom2Gaby
02-10-2010, 06:01 PM
After a day or 2 I would be stir crazy in the snowy weather.

Katy- oh. So you raise the money by how much weight lost?? Ick. I wouldn't raise any money. lol I was just thinking if I had 4.01 in loose change you would probably have that much also.....lol

Sassy - yay, go back to school!

k-, I better go get Gabrielle from school, she did not want to go today w/ Rachel here. I made her though because Rach was only staying for a bit and now she is gone for Utah, West Jordan, 14 miles from Salt Lake. I hate the whole thought. I think I will curl up in a chair and read a book, it'll pass the time and I can go to bed soon.....lol.....or I can grab a bottle of wine and not think of it. My baby, she drives me nuts but I don't want her so far away. :(

Shopaholic1204
02-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Facebook is totally screwing me over!!! I haven't been able to log on since late last night. According to my friends, my messages to them have even disappeared. My whole profile is blank too. I swear I hate the new FB!!!!!! I've been going nuts all day. My page is down cuz of I get a "Site Maintenance" But whatever. It's been more than a few hours!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrr

jules1216
02-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Good Friday Morning all!!

We got out a little while yesterday...had to take hubby to the doctors...he has the gout in his toe and a problem going on with his ankles that could be one of two different arthritis conditions or a combo of the two. We also got blood work done looking for several things including lyme disease. He goes back next Thursday for the results. The perscription he was given has already helped with the swelling.

The road connecting our now cleared driveway to the cleared main snow emrgency route was crazy...we were just glad we didn't meet anyone on the bad curves or hills since the road is a little over a car and a half wide.

I am going to keep walking up and down the driveway daily until I can get to the point I can run it. Hubby and I have started eating alot less and are both going to start the clean eating program. Hoping to get groceries the are on plan on Sunday before the next SNOW!!! This is crazy!!!

Got to get going to shovel out the other car......

Shopaholic1204
02-12-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm joining Curves!!! YAY!! I go in monday for my fitness test. Then I get to try it out free for a week to see if I like it. We'll see how it goes...

jules1216
02-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Francie--yay for you. I went to a Curves like gym for quite sometime...it was 5 minutes from my house...then I joined Golds which is like 15 - 20 minutes and didn't keep going regularly. Have fun...the Curves type gym was all ladies and very supportive!!

FrouFrou
02-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Hello all...

Didn't realize I hadn't signed in all week. Nothing new so maybe that is why...just a lot of the same old stuff.

JULES...I saw your pictures and yikes! I am glad it is you guys who have all that snow. We got some but nothing near what you guys got. Of course it is supposed to start again tomorrow and then a chance Thursday but hey that's a gew days away so we'll see what happens. Hope the hubby gets better soon. And a late HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him!

SUSAN...awww, lots of hugs missy. :hug: No matter how old our kids get we don't like them to move and especially to another state! Hey, you'd be surprised how the change adds up. I don't know why but I usually throw the pennies in a jar...just don't use them. And then most of my silver as well. I had the hubby take it to the bank not too long ago and had about $67!

FRANCIE...my daughter was having problems with FB and still is with a few things. I really hate the new page...not sure why they can't leave well enough alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! So did ya join curves? I am going to have to do something. The lady that I went to a while back has a place just about like Curves and it is cheaper but her equipment is not as new...I would like to join curves. Anyway...thank you sweetie for the V-day card...I was surprised and it made my day. :thanks: Tell Fonzie HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow! Hope he has a nice one.

Hello to everyone else :wave:

Not doing so great with the weight loss. Back up to 196 and frankly so tired of trying. I won't give up though, I will never give up but it sure as heck is frustrating! I did walk a few times at the mall last week, actually I think it was only two times. Aiming for 3-4 this coming week. Thinking the weather is just messing me up...can't go outside to walk so just don't see the point.

Enjoy the weekend and hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day tomorrow!

Shopaholic1204
02-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Jules~I dunno if I would call it a gym. It was in a small little space. And it was mostly circut training. And you spend like 30 seconds at a station before moving to the next one. It wasn't what I expected. But it seems like something I need. A little time doing different things. The lady that I spoke with was really nice!!! She said they do really fun things there too. Right now they're doing an auction. She said that you can even build up points to get free things. It sounds like a really good motivation.

Cristina~The card was to make up for the Xmas cards I didn't send, lol!! And because nobody sends out Valentine's Day cards anymore..and I'm here to change that, LOL!! I'm glad you liked it. The weather has been messing me up for a really long time. I really miss warm weather.

jules1216
02-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Francie--the place I went to was a circuit type thing, the owner/manager, showed a few ways to increase the burn on a few things, sometimes I did the round twice and if it wasn't crowded I spent longer on the elliptical...there were a few people that went straight to the elliptical and treadmill and didn't bother with the circuit. I did get bored after while and felt I needed something more which is why I got the membership to Golds Gym, but I have to say...at least I went to the the circuit place 4 days a week and I did get me doing something regurlarly. The owner even brought in a lady to do Yoga after hours a few days a week. You paid extra but I liked it, unfortunately there was only me and one other lady that came so it didn't work out.

jules1216
02-14-2010, 10:01 AM
*************STOP********************************* *******

Don't post here...go to #87