Does it Work? - anybody Try the p90x??

View Full Version : anybody Try the p90x??

hitkatis318
01-05-2010, 12:09 PM
My boyfriend keeps telling me aboyt starting the p90x program... I will like to know if anybody has done the program. If is worthy??

vmo1
01-07-2010, 12:56 PM
I just got mine yesterday, I'm starting full force Monday (I need to get some extra weights, etc) But am trying it today! My brother did it and had great results, but he said it's a lot of work. I'm looking for an online buddy for it if you want to start soon!

heather1982
01-08-2010, 04:28 PM
My friend has the slim in 6 program, which is through the same people I think and she said the exercises are quite challenging and she lost like 10 pounds in a month. She said she stopped doing them because she was moving and stuff but was planning on starting again. It looks like a great program, I'd be interested to know what others think of it. I've heard the TurboJam is good too but I've never tried it.

MoonRising
01-11-2010, 04:40 AM
I have heard amazing things about this program. All over Youtube you see people who have done the program with amazing results. I did always hear that the exercises were very very challening. But I suppose that is how you get those amazing results.

vmo1
01-11-2010, 12:46 PM
there's a thread going about it under workout videos if you'd like to join in!

devadiva
01-15-2010, 08:25 PM
I am 57 and had fantastic results with it did almost 3 rounds of it.. Doubles that is...Extra hour cardio every day. But am now into 30 days of CHALEAN EXTERME
which is good but not nearly as InTENSE if you want more of a womens program that may be the way to go it focus more on lower body as well as upper I plan on returning to P90X

gardend1va
01-16-2010, 10:57 PM
I just ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a year. He is in his late 50s or early 60s and he looked absolutely buff and fit. I asked him what he'd been doing and he said "P90X". He said it was hard work and intense, but the results seemed quite worth it. He could have been a spokesperson for how successful the program is. If it works this great for an older person with a slower metabolism, I imagine it would work just as well or better for a younger person.

MrsMaria
01-19-2010, 06:04 PM
I tried it for a few weeks. I did my best to keep up, but the exercises were just too advanced/challenging for where I'm at right now. I'm sure if you can perform the exercises, you will get great results, but for someone like me, it's something that I'll just have to keep in mind and work my way up to.

BeachBreeze2010
01-20-2010, 02:22 PM
My physical therapist actually reccommended this program. I am not able to do a lot of the exercises now, but when I can, I want to do it!

nelie
01-20-2010, 07:30 PM
I just finished week 2 and I love it a lot :) It is a pretty good overall program as long as you work the program, it will work you.

princesslisa88
01-29-2010, 12:02 PM
We just bought the program and are starting it this weekend. I cant do some of the exercises (lunges, etc) but keep pushing play even if you cant keep up or do some and you will see excellent results!

princesslisa88
01-29-2010, 12:03 PM
its addicting too.. i want the new brazillian butt lift program now..... very, very tempted to buy.............

LuckyJules
02-02-2010, 10:23 PM
I have the program and made it through about 37 days, stopped and started again for only a few days. The program is great if you have the time and the energy to do it. My job is so active that I don't have a lot of energy left over, plus I don't have extra time to squeeze in those workouts. I'd love to try the Slim in 6 program that is also by the same company that makes P90X.

I know that I still have time on weekends here and there, and I can still do a workout of theirs on those days, but it's tough. FYI, the exercises in this program are not for beginners.

choirgirlhotel
02-02-2010, 11:34 PM
I was thinking of starting it. Not the diet part, just the 6-day workouts.

~CGH~

Amy Bass
02-03-2010, 12:22 PM
My husband is in week 3 and doing it religiously. I did it the first week and didn't lose a single pound. I think it is because it focuses more on muscle building instead of weight loss. it is not a weight loss program. I switched to Turbo Jam and LOVE it.

nelie
02-03-2010, 12:55 PM
One thing that is great about muscle building is you can burn calories and build muscle which increases your metabolism. Lots of people have lost a lot of weight on P90x.

Dyeral
02-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Hello all!

I'm 2 weeks in the p90x program. I weigh 260 so I was skeptical I would actually be able to do it but it made me want to push myself that much harder. I love the program and can see toning in my arms and legs already. I will admit that if you follow the nutrition plan on phase 1 (low low carb) it is hard to keep up with the work outs but it does say in the book to move onto phase 2 whenever you feel like its effecting your performance. So I am now intermixing phase 1 and 2. It has helped a lot! The diet it comes with is extremely easy to follow without ever going hungry. All in all this is a great program. Even if you cannot keep up with the work outs 100% your effort is better than nothing. I wear the body bugg and the program has been giving me 800+ calorie burns in that workout hour. I've lost 6 pounds since starting this program.

AllisonR
02-21-2010, 01:03 AM
I've been alternating with it and 30DS. The kenpo and pylometrics sections are pretty rad. I'm not really feel the arms section, but I might use need to invest in weights. I use soup cans and Perrier water bottles now. haha

jlgrant
01-17-2012, 02:59 PM
I just started P90X today. I have tried to make it as fool proof as possible so that I cannot get out of it: Write the workouts into my schedule, prepack my lunches, etc. I am writing a video and photo blog about it, but I can't post links yet.

Stay tuned...

pattyhues
01-18-2012, 02:01 AM
The P90X program is a very complete Program. It is advanced so be prepared for that. Most people need to start with Power 90 or the Power 90 Master Series before moving on to P90X. It is doable but be sure to take your time and be OK with not being able to complete the program each day.

The program is set up in phases and is very step by step. You start with a fitness test then choose your meal plan. Form there you choose the exercise program you want (2 or 3 versions to choose from) and then set your schedule. there is a Calender that tells you what to do when. You can even go online and have it auto scheduled for you.

Each workout is like having a personal trainer with you. As you workout Tony Horton explains what to do to modify and then demonstrates. You have enough time to do more reps or to rest more depending on what you need.

It is designed to work different body parts on different days and alternates cardio and resistance training days. there are 12 workouts in the system.

Hope that helps!

levi1220mommy
01-22-2012, 06:34 PM
I did it two days and when I woke up the third day I could not move! I cried when I tried to sit on the toilet lol. But I heard if you are in pretty good shape you can do it but if your out of shape your in for a rude awakening lol.:carrot:

Aunrio
02-02-2012, 02:39 PM
I didn't get past making my comparison pictures my coworker went from about 230 to about 180 doing that program.

CurvyMomma
02-04-2012, 03:33 PM
My husband and I went to purchase it online and took a test. We decided to purchase Power 90 instead and decided if we could get through that then we would buy P90X. I find Power 90 addicting but since I have some knee issues I cannot do the jumping just yet. Overall it is good though, as long as you make the time.

I have a friend who is a Beach Body coach and he looks fantastic. He wasn't in horrible shape before but P90x really made a difference for him and his wife. I would check out the website and look for some type of quiz that says are you ready for P90X and take that. It will tell you where to start. IMO better to take that and order something you can actually do then ordering a program that you can't do yet and having it sit there on the shelf.

Good luck!

le506
02-06-2012, 11:10 AM
I think it all depends on it you work out a bit now. I do not and it was way too intense for me right now. I've now made starting P90X a mini goal when I can run a little bit further and have started basic weights. It'd be like going from crawling to sprinting to me

cat90
02-12-2012, 05:50 PM
I haven't tried P90X its too hard for me :( I've got Insanity by Shaun T but daren't do it :rofl: its INSANE! I thought the warm up was the workout :lol: I love Chalean Xtreme and Turbojam :D Chalean is so bubbly she makes you want to do it :) I don't like Slim in 6 :( B-O-R-I-N-G :yawn: my latest is Les Mills Bodypump the music is excellent :) I did it on tuesday and i'm still aching ;) Good Luck :wave:

cat90
02-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Oh yeh, if you look on Beachbody you'll be able to see clips of the workouts before you buy :wave:

swoody29
02-21-2012, 07:37 AM
Im in my 7th week and decided to do an off week, where I incorporate some of p90x workouts with my own. I just get tired of watching the videos all the time. I did drop 10lbs the first 5 weeks. but I was also on 1500 cals a day and alot of water weight from the holidays. I have been into exercising for almost two years now. I started at Curves and i LOVE that place. Unfortunately where I live now doesnt have one, but I will always r3commend going to curves. If you are a beginner, somewhere in the middle or just in maintenance. I started with going 6 days a week and with their smart tag it tells you at the end of your 30min workout how many calories you burnt. On a good day I would burn 600, on a great day 800. And it will ease up or intensify the resistance based on your progress. Anywho, a little off topic, but thats what i recommend.

JacquelineWinters
06-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I just LOVE P90X. Tony Horton is so funny you don't even realize you're sweating your buns off. Yes, it is extreme. It is meant for people in decent physical shape already... Beach Body has other programs to get you ready for P90X if you're not in decent shape yet. However, I did moderate exercise and I have been doing fine. It works by constant muscle confusion and it's fantastic!

In fact, I'm going to have a protein shake and go do some KenpoX right now!

JacquelineWinters
06-07-2012, 04:22 PM
PS If you have done any Jillian Michaels, it is similar intensity to that. Just longer. And every day. Definitely a commitment!

Amarantha2
06-08-2012, 09:12 AM
The physical therapist I had for a number of months two years ago after an injury also highly recommended this program but I am not supposed to do flat hand pushups and have found those kinds of workouts use a lot of pushups, never found a satisfactory substitute for the pushups so have not wanted to spend the money. But I am interested in doing it sometime.

VickyK
07-04-2012, 04:14 AM
You can get pushup bars for like $15 on Amazon, that'll take the stress off.

I love P90X. It's the best thing ever. Hard. And I get kinda bored, not gonna lie. But it's sooo worth it.

LaurieDawn
07-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Quick question for P90X'ers. I don't really like Tony's cardio. I just want to do: Disc 1: Chest and Back; Disc 3: Shoulders & Arms; Disc 5: Legs and Back; Disc 8: Core synergistics (okay - I lied - I HATE that one, but will do it anyway, cuz I hate it for the right reasons); Disc 9: Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps; Disc 10: Back and Biceps; and Disc 12: Ab Ripper X (HATE this one, too)

I would just like to do them on consecutive days. Does anyone see a problem with this? I like my running and my row machine, so I do plan on doing cardio 3 or 4 times a week. Just want to emphasize strength training, so I want to do it back to back, with 2 days off a week.

Thoughts?