LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers Jan 4-10

View Full Version : Friends and Losers Jan 4-10

equinetcan
01-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Hey everyone!

I am surprised I am starting this thread considering here it's already almost 12 noon and someone else usually beats me to it.

I hope everyone had a great Xmas and New year's and now you are ready to start the new year off right. I know I am. The holidays aren't much for me the last couple of years where I am alone but they weren't too bad either.

I haven't weighed in yet. That will be tomorrow morning.

I haven't made any resolutions this year cause I never keep them but I did decide that this year would be a "me" year. The last 4 years have taken their toll on me and I decided that I need to make me a priority again. I kinda have taken the backseat lately on a lot of things.

So I am going to be laying out some stuff for me for this year and hopefully I can make 2010 better than 2005-2009 ever was.

Hope everyone has a good day! I'll check in later.

mj2007
01-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Hi all...nothing much from my side...it is TOM and frustrating as usual.
Happy Monday!

SyracuseNY
01-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Katie, I'm posting here since this is the latest thread. How the heck are you? I think you did the LA Plan alone or at home, didn't you? Are others doing it at home or do you ladies have centers in your area?

I got a postcard stating I could get the LA Lites online, but I really don't want to start with that big expense since I won't be going to a center.

For the past couple years I've tried many plans and nothing seems to work as well as the LA Plan. Of course when I was on LA in the past, I was visiting the center 3 times a week which really help keep me on track.

What color plan is everyone on? I'm not sure if I should start with the Blue Plan or go right to the Gold Plan?

I'm looking forward to meeting and chatting with all of you regular posters.

Repo girl
01-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Alannah, you rock!!! You bet you can make this year better that the last 4!

Repo girl
01-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Sy, how funny we were posting at the same time. I am good. Fat, but otherwise doing fine, lol. I did a center when I did LAWL. They have long since closed in my area. I am copying JulieMarie, and doing the every other day diet. I started today. I have really got to get a handle on this weight stuff!

mj2007
01-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Hey Sy- Good to meet you. I am going to be 32 this Friday and 5'2". It is my first time and I go to a center here is Saskatoon.
I have no idea regarding color plans...because i started on numbered plans.I started with Rapid results Plan2 (with lites) moved to plan-3 (without lites) and now I am almost 40 lbs lighter and on the lowest plan Plan-1.

I do not spend money on La-lites because they are totally unnecessary...I just eat a little more food ( plan2 - without lites). I have never reached a plateau so far...( thnk god !)...and never used the stuff they sell at the COD like Plateau Breaker...vitamins...etc.

I usually try to go for a WI once every week or 10 days...it has been good so far!

Good luck!

JLem311
01-04-2010, 03:05 PM
hello all. the WL is going well for me. still keeping up with my workouts pretty much 4 days a week too.

sweetandspicy
01-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Hello to everyone. Hope everyone is having a great New Year. It is so cold here it was 19 this morning last year the coldest it was here at night or anything was 19. So this is definately a change. It has been snowing a little bit and trying to lay but it sure is nice to watch (except I am stuck at work instead of in front of a fire drinking low fat hot chocolate. The metorologist state it will snow somewhere around here and they are not sure how much. To me that is quite vague and totally something I could to and say so my faith in the weather is certainly not solid. Kids go back to school tomorrow. I am glad about that they need stucture and 2 1/2 weeks, christmas candy, excitement and gifts is to much sometimes.

I went to the market yesterday and got all my stuff to start back on the rapid results plan without lites. I will have to figure out how to add in a few extras to replace the lites. this morning I ate a protein bar I have had forever and this afternoon I am just going to eat an orange. I am also tracking my calories on line so I hope that helps. I got out my exercise DVD and and going to start something tonight and I am going to start the couch to 5k program as soon as it warms up. So that is my new years plan. Eating better and getting back to exercise. I am going to start back slow on the exercise though I feel really out of shape and do not want to get discouraged.

Kimphin
01-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Happy New Year everyone. I am doing a TO today and tomorrow - so far so good. I am also starting c25k Amy! I see all of these very fit people and have come to the conclusion that they are all runners of one type or another. I have never been into running, so I will try this C25K thing and see where it goes...

Sy - They switched from colored plans to numbered ones before they closed down, so some of us are following our old plans and others are on numbers. I still had a COD when they went to numbers, but this old dog had a hard time learning that new trick, so I stuck with my good old Purple plan. Then, I lost all of my plan stuff and bought it on ebay last year. Welcome back!

It is freezing here too, and the weirdest thing - there was this big storm up in Maine that brought snow to our region this weekend, but in hugely varying amounts. In my neighborhood we had a dusting, but 20 miles away they got 20", and on the other side of us they got 9". Odd - that doesn't happen around here much - either we get it or we don't.

Joni135
01-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Not sure who wanted this info, but I had this list of substitutes for LA Lite bars - Lunas, Prio Completes, Kashi Go Lean bars or Chocolate PB Bliss Bar.

Katie - I watched the vido blog on the EODD and just didn't click the button to buy the program...still pondering what is best for me to do...I have until next Monday to firm up my plans.

Jillian - you rock on the exercise....I need to get back in the groove.

Time to go continue my basement cleaning project - 1 hour a day until it's spotless! This is one resolution I plan to keep!

SyracuseNY
01-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Hey all, thanks for the welcome.

MJ, I'm going to have to check out the numbered plans, or the plans your talking about. I'm doing the Blue Plan, since I don't have any of the numbered plans. Day 1 down, only about 364 more to go (or less of course). I've never brought into all the extras the use to sell, not saying I never tried any of them, but found that I got suckered into them. Live and learn. :o

Kim, we got about 18 inches of snow here and where I have to drive through to get to work, Fulton, NY had 42 inches. It amazes me how the snowplow people can keep up with all this snow. They did a great job, and it's still snowing. Forecast is snow for the next 7 days.

Katie, I'm going to have to go back and check previous posts to see all that I've missed with the new plans, etc.

Everyone have a great evening, I have some reading to do to get caught up on what the latest plans are all about.

Have a great evening...

MomOfThreeTeens
01-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Well if I make it till bedtime, I will have survived my first TO in too long to remember!! It really irritates the ever lovin crap outta me that I have to do the weight loss thing again, ugh!!! :mad: BUT nobody to blame but ME!! At least I'm getting it under control before it got completely out of hand! I gotta be able to chase that new grandbaby around!!! Heres to a healthier new year!!!

Arkantana
01-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Not sure if this will help any one but I had just posted a question that listed Plan 2. I printed off LAWL site.
Original Post:
I am just completing day one of take off, well Morning Blend. I'm not sure what to do for the next two weeks though. Before the LAWL site changed I was able to put in my stats and print off a diary, it is Daily Menu Plan 2 and shows:
2.5 Proteins
3 Veggies
2 Fruits
2 Lites
3 Starches
2 Dairy
2 Fat
Does any one know what plan this is (color)? Or is this even the correct info? I'm 5'7, 169 lbs, and just started exercising 30 min a day.
I went back to the site a week after I printed this info and it had changed.

Mama Nicole
01-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Hi everyone, old and new :)

I have been doing pretty good with WL for the last couple of months, but did hit a small bump in the road from while at my parents' house last week. I am through with guilt though....had a discussion about that with a very dear friend today.......it does no good. So, onto a new day tomorrow.......beginning with a good sweaty work out.......now that my tooth is healing. I had to have oral surgery on Christmas Eve of all days....but I am pretty sure it is ok to strain now...so no excuses for this girl.

Glad to see everyone is feeling positive and ready to rock. I will check back tomorrow.
xoxo

SyracuseNY
01-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Arkantana, At first I thought it was the Blue Plan, but the more I look there are additional items in your list that are not on my Food Diary. Maybe it's Purple and if not Purple it has to be Red. I've done Blue and Gold and there were only so many colors (the only color not mentioned as Green and that was a starvation, but I think they called it Maintenance). ;)

Day 1: Only thing I did different than I had planned was I didn't have 1/2 protein (for breakfast, have to go grocery shopping), and had 1 whole mango instead of a 1/2. For Day 1, I think I did pretty good. On to Day 2.

Kimphin
01-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Arkantana - It probably IS plan 2 - They did away with the colors and started numbered plans, and they weren't comparable because the serivng sizes changed. I don't have any info on the numbered plans, but if you do a search of this forum, I think someone posted a pretty comprehensive list last year.

Sy - here in Albany we don't get as much of the lake effect snow as you do - my nephew used to live in Liverpool, I've heard the stories!

Joni - I have been on a New Year's cleanup kick too! I think it is because I have been watching "Hoarders" on A&E - that just compels me to pick up my stuff!

OK, Day 2 of TO (LOL - the Kim's are TO-ing at the same time - just like the old days!)

sweetandspicy
01-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Congrats on the Kim's for doing takeoff's. I am going to do one next monday. I ate very well yesterday but did not get any exercise so I am bummed about that. I printed off the info on the C25K but I think I will down load the program to my husbands Ipod too. My 11 year old wants to start running too so I think he is going to go with me to the track. That should keep me motivated.

Sounds like everyone has a new years plan we just have to keep up with it.

mj2007
01-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Arkantana-Your BMI is pretty close to mine so I would think you need Plan-2 (without lites) or Plan-1(with lites).But you are wayyyy taller....so i would say Plan-2 with lites or Plan-3 without lites.

You can try the plan-3 (without lites) first then move on to Plan-2(without lites) if that is not working. Also refer to the Rapid Results thread by "riylee" for 1st 20 lbs...it helps lose quicker. Portion sizes are also given in the thread.

Plan 3- without lites

3 P, 2S,3V,2D,2 Fr, 1Fat

Plan 2- without lites

3P,2S,2V,1D,2Fr,1 Fat

juliemarie
01-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Katie-didn't realize you were trying EODD! How's it going for you so far? I did burn day yesterday and was having a hard time in the afternoon-I was so hungry I went ahead and had dinner at 4:30 .. . . .stuck to plan though, so oh well! The only bad thing so far is that I'm already a little sick of apples. I have to eat so many . . . .

Hey Sy-I remember you too! Congrats on getting back into it-there's a lot of that going on around here.

Something I'm trying now is to not let my diet (healthy or not) rule my life. If I can be 100% on my plan and be happy-wonderful. But if being 100% means I'm getting obsessive or avoiding social events-then it's not good. Does that make sense? On the same token-eating everything in site and letting my addiction rule me isn't good either. I just want to find a balance.

Kristinx
01-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone! I am back to work today and back home although it's only home for the next 6 weeks till we move into the new house! Yay! It's really coming along...it's fun to go visit the lot each week and see what has been done...some weeks it's nothing, others I can;'t believe how much got done lol.

I have several New Year's resolutions. As of right now not many people know about them...I want to see how I do and how it works before I announce to the world...but they are all good things! One of course being lose weight (like every year!) but it's a new way. The Clean Eating diet plan! It will take some planning but seems like the most healthy reasonable plan ever! And FH is actually on board with this one and can't wait for me to make all the recipes i got from the cookbook I bought along with the Clean Eating diet book :) So this weekend is a purge the kitchen, stock up on new groceries weekend!

Had a great Christmas with family...some highlight gifts...tons of gifts and gift certificates for our new house...the Jenny McCarthy Your Shape Wii workout game and tickets to a Habs vs Bruins hockey game in Montreal!

Hope everyone else's holidays were fabulous!

SyracuseNY
01-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Hi JulieMarie. I love your adoption story. Josie is beautiful. Contrats!!

Day 2, and I'm hungry. I'm not giving in, so far so good. :carrot:

Kimphin
01-05-2010, 03:58 PM
I think I just saw a 5 foot tall loaf of bread walk past my office door, and I want to eat it.

Day 2 of TO might be getting to me.

sweetandspicy
01-05-2010, 04:11 PM
hmmm. Kim I think TO might have got you. Hold on you are almost done with it!!!

Rux
01-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Hey everyone,

I am back on the plan. I lost 30lbs on the plan in 2008, and since X-mas 2008 to this one I gained back 10lbs, so my New year resolution is to start back on the plan and I am on my day 1 of the plan #2 with no lites. Take off is worst for me, but is done and over with. So, here I am and I will need your help. I am 139lbs and would like to be 127 again.
Thank you.

Mama Nicole
01-05-2010, 05:21 PM
I think I just saw a 5 foot tall loaf of bread walk past my office door, and I want to eat it.

Day 2 of TO might be getting to me.
:rofl:

juliemarie
01-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Hang in there Kim! Man I always hated TO.

BarbaraB
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Kim, I can't look away from that Hoarders show. It does make it easier to decide to just get rid of stuff though.

Kristin, How exciting that your house is almost ready. I always enjoy doing little projects around the house.

I am back on plan, after a few slip ups over the last few days. I have to stop expecting that I'm always going to be perfect, since I won't. I just have to be closer to it to get the pounds that have crept back on to get beaten back off. Why is it that they sneak on without me really even noticing but never drop off the same way?

JLem311
01-05-2010, 09:48 PM
hello all, just thought i'd pop in last minute tonight and say hi. today has been hellish with the kids. thankfully, it's bedtime for me. :)

hope everyone is having a great start to the week and new year.

Dan2112
01-06-2010, 03:07 AM
Helllllloooooo Ladies... !

Drive by hello here to wish you all a belated Happy Holidays and a brave New Year!

Lots of stuff going on in my world right now and not all of it good.. That said, I'm keeping most of the weight off and still hitting the gym.

I'll try to say hi more often.. I know I say that every time I log on..

Hope you are all doing well. Talk to you soon!

For now, be one with your POP!!!

Kimphin
01-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Well, I survived! Haven't weighed in yet, though, so we will see what's up with that later. Yesterday was a little tough, but I think it was mostly due to work stress, Once I got home I was fine.

I wanted to download the C25K app for my ipod touch yesterday, but I think I f'd up my home computer by upgrading to iTunes 9. Can I take a moment to say how much I hate iTunes? I HATE ITUNES! Arrrgh. I did not have the patience to fix it yesterday. I will now have to uninstall it and start over. Or buy a new computer, which might me easier. %^%&^%.

So, I have decided that I don't need to have the app and will just start the program on my own, the old-fashioned way. That starts tonight. Wish me luck!

JLem311
01-06-2010, 08:27 AM
morning all. i challenged nicole to another round of the 30 day Shred and today was day 1! :) it was time for me to change up my workouts so what better way than to challenge others? :)
anyways, life is crazy around here as usual. hope everyone is doing well.

Repo girl
01-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Katie-didn't realize you were trying EODD! How's it going for you so far? I did burn day yesterday and was having a hard time in the afternoon-I was so hungry I went ahead and had dinner at 4:30 .. . . .stuck to plan though, so oh well! The only bad thing so far is that I'm already a little sick of apples. I have to eat so many . . . .

Hey Sy-I remember you too! Congrats on getting back into it-there's a lot of that going on around here.

Something I'm trying now is to not let my diet (healthy or not) rule my life. If I can be 100% on my plan and be happy-wonderful. But if being 100% means I'm getting obsessive or avoiding social events-then it's not good. Does that make sense? On the same token-eating everything in site and letting my addiction rule me isn't good either. I just want to find a balance.

I am just doing it based on some stuff I read online. Why do you have to eat so many apples?

petitelapin
01-06-2010, 11:05 AM
My dh is doing 30 day shred .He is on day 4 and it kills him every day still. He is a little unclear if he is supposed to do the shred every day or what?

After reading the reviews I MAY do the shred myself for the toning aspects but I am doing cardio weights 3x a week and swimming/ab work the other 3. Not really sure how I can fit another work out in..

That def was plan 2, I started on that plan and now have been on plan 1 for forever! I need the Lunas or I can't stick.

Anyone else feel like they have been op FOREVER? I never wanted to be a lifelong dieter but here I am! It is my own fault because I get to a point, go on vacation go hog wild then start over again. Right now I am trying to shrink a size in 5 weeks for Hawaii.... The song that never ends.
Tan

zambejaly5
01-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Checking in...... Easing back in the swing of it one foot at a time. This is the year of changes..... Nuff said

(updating info later when I am not on my phone........and in the tub....)

zambejaly5
01-06-2010, 11:36 AM
I am just doing it based on some stuff I read online. Why do you have to eat so many apples?

EODD...?? Every other day diet? I am doing The Alternate Day Diet, James Johnson, MD. Got the book. Very interesting read. I have lost 7 on it. Before holidays. My sister last 14. I would love to start a thread of it's own.

Mama Nicole
01-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Checking in...... Easing back in the swing of it one foot at a time. This is the year of changes..... Nuff said

(updating info later when I am not on my phone........and in the tub....)
:rofl: Only a mom of 5 can multi task like that!!! I love it :)

So, yeah, Jillian challenged me to another round of the 30 day shred. This time we actually started on the same day. If anyone wants to join, please do :) I wanted to share a bit of my morning with you all, and how I almost didn't get my workout in. I woke up at 6:00 a.m. (not a morning person) and could not find my workout shoes to save my life. I decided I would have to go without them, cuz I had made the committment to work out today. I made coffee, sat down w/ computer and was feeling pretty proud that I even made it out of bed....when low and behold, my 14 yo DD comes up the stairs to ask for a ride to school because she had missed the bus. It is now 6:40....so I have to put off my WO to drive her to school. I get home at 7:00 and figure, I can hurry up, still get it done, and get showered, other kids ready, and make my 8:30 appt......knew it would be rough, but doable. I go to put the DVD in, and cannot, for the life of me, figure out the new AV disaster DH has set up..new TV, new satelite receiver, and old DVD player w/ no remote. I had three remotes to control these devices, but could not figure it out....I was almost in tears.........ready to give up.....when tada...........it finally worked!!!! So, I stood my barefoot body up, and got it done. It was then that I realized that no matter what happened this morning, I was going to make it work to take care of me and my health......and although I had to endure a lot of frustration......I did it, and it felt REALLY good. I learned today that this is only going to happen if I make my health a priority, and over the last several months, I think I have truly grown and learned to change my mind to make that possible. I owe a lot of my attitude to Jillian....who has held my hand, and gotten me over the hump, to a place where I can see and feel the psychological rewards of working out. I needed her to push me and stay on my $hit long enough to really feel it...........what a great friend she truly is :) She has been working out faithfully since JUNE!!!! I have been since Aug, with a slight siesta over the holidays......and my whole attitude is soo much better!!!!

Anyway.........my phone is ringing now, so I will finish my endless post later...........just wanted to remind you all, that you are so worth the time..........go work out today.,
XOXO

KrispieD
01-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi Ladies
Been forever since I've said 'hi' but I do see some of you on Facebook. Jillian and Nicole have sucked my post holiday flab back into 30 day shred too so I just did Day one and also tried the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga that has been in a wrapper for a month.. Bob can be almost as cruel as Jillian Michaels! Talk about shaking muscles!!
We are also working on clearing, purging the basement as I think I need a totally clean environment and body. I haven't been on LAWL for about 2 years but have been doing the Eat Clean Diet too.. basically make your food as natural as possible so you are eating the least processed. Have to go make some salad and drink a ton of water but will be on here more often to say hi and offer and get support!
Happy New Year All!

JLem311
01-06-2010, 01:06 PM
:rofl: Only a mom of 5 can multi task like that!!! I love it :)

So, yeah, Jillian challenged me to another round of the 30 day shred. This time we actually started on the same day. If anyone wants to join, please do :) I wanted to share a bit of my morning with you all, and how I almost didn't get my workout in. I woke up at 6:00 a.m. (not a morning person) and could not find my workout shoes to save my life. I decided I would have to go without them, cuz I had made the committment to work out today. I made coffee, sat down w/ computer and was feeling pretty proud that I even made it out of bed....when low and behold, my 14 yo DD comes up the stairs to ask for a ride to school because she had missed the bus. It is now 6:40....so I have to put off my WO to drive her to school. I get home at 7:00 and figure, I can hurry up, still get it done, and get showered, other kids ready, and make my 8:30 appt......knew it would be rough, but doable. I go to put the DVD in, and cannot, for the life of me, figure out the new AV disaster DH has set up..new TV, new satelite receiver, and old DVD player w/ no remote. I had three remotes to control these devices, but could not figure it out....I was almost in tears.........ready to give up.....when tada...........it finally worked!!!! So, I stood my barefoot body up, and got it done. It was then that I realized that no matter what happened this morning, I was going to make it work to take care of me and my health......and although I had to endure a lot of frustration......I did it, and it felt REALLY good. I learned today that this is only going to happen if I make my health a priority, and over the last several months, I think I have truly grown and learned to change my mind to make that possible. I owe a lot of my attitude to Jillian....who has held my hand, and gotten me over the hump, to a place where I can see and feel the psychological rewards of working out. I needed her to push me and stay on my $hit long enough to really feel it...........what a great friend she truly is :) She has been working out faithfully since JUNE!!!! I have been since Aug, with a slight siesta over the holidays......and my whole attitude is soo much better!!!!

Anyway.........my phone is ringing now, so I will finish my endless post later...........just wanted to remind you all, that you are so worth the time..........go work out today.,
XOXO

nicole you are AWESOME!! you've totally hit the nail on the head. no matter what life throws at you, you CAN make time for yourself if you really WANT to. this is a life change, not a temporary diet. and because i've finally learned that, that's how come i've been so successful and diligent with everything. exercise is a daily thing for me. eating well is too. it makes me feel better as whole. mind, body and spirit.

and nicole--it's YOU who is doing this for yourself. yeah, i may have kicked your a$$ a few times and given you a few grains of wisdom, but it's you who has chosen to put yourself first and to not give up on yourself no matter what! it's awesome and empowering when you do that. it's a change that you can't and don't want to give up even if you tried. and that's why last year i almost met my goal (before i got preg) and now i'm gonna meet my goal and keep trucking on this journey..because its a lifelong thing. not a WL journey, it's a life journey.

ok..i'm getting off my soapbox now. sorry about going on and on..nicole just brings that out in me! ha! :)

JLem311
01-06-2010, 01:07 PM
oh and WHOO HOO for all the "oldbies" for getting back on here!

juliemarie
01-06-2010, 01:18 PM
you rock Nicole! I would've given up at the ride to school . . .

mj2007
01-06-2010, 02:00 PM
WTG....Nicole,Jillian, KrispieD...and everyone doing Shed!!!

My weaknesses...
1) Not a morning person
2) Procrastination
3) Not an aerobic person

Those 3 are top of the list but I can dig out couple of more "lame" excuses. I usually try real hard to hit the gym...and I count myself extremely lucky if I can make it 3 times a week.
But I enjoy yoga/pilates/meditation. Most of the weight I lost ...credit goes to healthy eating and temptation control.But these days I surprise myself by pushing myself to harder limits of endurance and flexibility while trying yoga/pilates moves. I guess the diet helped me reach my fitness goals...but I am happy as long as I can do a few incredible moves and "wow" my gym-mates...lol.:p

Kimphin
01-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Well, I was going to do the Shred today anyway - I'll jump on this bandwagon too.

Day 1= tonight!

Lost 3.4 lbs on TO, and will now spend 2 more days trying to avoid bounceback.

BarbaraB
01-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Good going all you shredders! I think I'm going to actually put the Biggest loser DVD's that I bought into the DVD and do at least one of them tonight.
I am inspired by the comments here and watching the biggest loser last night.

equinetcan
01-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Great job to everyone on their shredding! I am going to try and get going on mine too a bit. I am also going back to my walking but where its so icy here I am going to try the free indoor track we have here now. They close it now and then for events but I am aiming to get over there 3x a week for some walking. If I didn't live on a big hill I might be able to walk more outside but right now I'd step out and likely slide all the way to the bottom on my butt! Its ok to drive on but to walk? not so much LOL

Tomorrow is also purge day. I went today and got fresh fruit and veggies and such so tomorrow I am cleaning the crap outta my kitchen. Stuff thats not opened yet I'll give to my neighbor as her son and his friends will eat it. But I want it away from me!

Hope everyone has a good evening and good luck with your day tomorrow!

Repo girl
01-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Wow, such good stuff on here today.

Lettie- I, too, do a lot of stuff from the tub. You crack me up! Yeah, it is the every other day diet. Thanks to JM, I will be hitting it hard in the next couple of days.

Nicole- You rock, and I really mean it! Thanks for you words of wisdom today. You too Jillian!

Speaking of BS days, here is mine. I got called to jury duty. I have to report tomorrow. I realized today that my drivers license is expired, so I went to renew it, as they will ask for it at jury duty. Since it is expired by 18 months (stupid, I know), I had to take a written test (passed it), and go back at 6:00 to take a driving test! The driving test instructor reminder me to be sure I had current insurance and registration for me car, or he would be forced to fail me. So I check, and guess what? BOTH are expired! I went straight to the DMV and renewed the registration, then got online and printed current insurance cards. Turns out, my mother was right. Procrastinating can come back to bite you.

BarbaraB
01-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Oh Katie, I think I'm blessed by a DH who worries (a LOT) about such things so I don't have to. Who knew jury duty was what it would take to keep you from getting into legal trouble!

Mama Nicole
01-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Oh, Katie.....that SUCKS!!!!!! I really think people like you, who are super talented, who use their girts....really do not have time for such inconveniences as renewing driver's licenses and registration. Your time is way too valuable for that junk!!!!

I am LOVING the vibe on this board this week. Everyone is putting it all out there, and radiating all of this positive energry and it is sooo contagious!!!! Keep it up, ladies :)
XOXO

Repo girl
01-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Turns out jury duty is cancelled because the case has been settled out of court. Stupid jury duty!

sweetandspicy
01-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Good Morning All!!! I will jump on the Shred ban wagon. I will have to start tonight. I meant to start Monday but TOM hit me hard and 5 days early(weird) my legs have been hurting so yes that along with the ever popular procrastination let me to put it off. I have been eating better and have ignored my chocolate cravings so that is somewhat of an accomplishment for this week.

It is so cold outside it is hard not to want to stay covered up drinking hot chocolate and eating soup!!! So to keep myself from feeling deprive I will have some low fat progresso soup for lunch today so that should warm me up and I drank sugar free hot chocolate on my way to work. I did fantasize about getting one of those chocolate mocha whip cream ect... things from Starbucks but I can not pay that much money for a drink. so easy to resist that.

I am exteremely pumped that there are so many post!! this past month we have had so few post(blame lies with myself as well) the boards have seemed bare. I think this is a positive sign for the new year. I think the srping is easiest for me to loose weight. When things start to bloom and the weather warms up it always seems like a new beginning.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!

JLem311
01-07-2010, 08:56 AM
morning all! yes, the vibes on this board have been quite positive lately and it's wonderful!
i'm done with my Shred for the day (day #2). the weather/blizzard and cold negative temps are so bad today that schools are closed, yet DH still had to go to work..:( boo to the Army. oh well. they're 24/7 just like mom's are!

hope everyone has a great day.

SyracuseNY
01-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Katie, sounds like when it rains it pours. TG you didn't get in an accident or get stopped for some reason that could have resulted in more out-of-pocket money on tickets. Can't believe you had to re-take your written and driving tests. Yikes, reminds me to never let them expire. LOL!

I missed something on here, what the heck is 'shredding'? Is that doing the Take off Juice and lean protien and green veggies for 2 days? If not, please advise me because I've been away for a very long time. I'm not up with all the new lingo. :?:

JLem311
01-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Sy--"shredding" is a dvd by Jillian Michaels called the 30 Day Shred. it's an awesome effective workout!

SyracuseNY
01-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Jillian, thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out. Maybe our local library will have the DVD. Probably too new to expect to see if there. ;)

Kimphin
01-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Anybody have the Biggest Loser Wii workout? Santa brought us a Wii, and I am looking at workouts for it.

Shredded this morning. I jumped out of bed like a spry little fairy and happily flitted into the workout room to start it - NOT! But, At least I did it! I think I may move my workouts to the family room - bigger TV, so I can see it the floor or standing.

Katie - Even if jury duty did get cancelled - at least you got all of that stuff taken care of!

BarbaraB
01-07-2010, 08:35 PM
My DVD's are still in the wrapper, as I did not actually do the biggest loser DVD, instead I watched the confessions of a reality show loser, where the guy who had won Season 3 of the biggest loser and then gained a lot of the weight back was talking about his experiences. People are so judgemental. I know he gained a lot of it back, but no where near all.

I did make it to the 5:30AM spin class this morning though. I value my spin classes since they burn off so many calories. I got called the spinning queen this morning in class.. That made me feel good. And being done exercising by 6:30AM is a pretty good thing (waking up before 5 to make it to class is a not so great thing though).

I can't wait to go home and see what the painter did today, as I'm nervous about the paint color I chose. I never really know if I'll like it or not until it is up on the walls. The slate blue could be beautiful or it could go ultra smurfy... somehow I don't know if tearing down the wall paper to redo the room in smurf is a net gain.

JerseyMadchen
01-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Syracuse- I am interested in the TBL Wii game too!!!

SyracuseNY
01-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Hi everyone. Well, for my first week I'm still doing pretty good as far as sticking to a plan. The weekend will be the true test as I'll weight myself again on Monday morning. I'm hoping that posting here will help me be accountable because I've been lacking that for the past 4-5 years.

I never realized how much I must have ate in the evenings, because this week I have to fight to keep myself out of the refrigerator and the kitchen cupboards. I still havent' mastered that, but I can't expect old habits to die in 4-5 days, right? I'm working on it, and that is the big difference.

Katie, I didn't see you post yesterday - I'm assuming that you got called into jury duty.

Can someone explain this one to me. In the Gold book, and I'm assuming it's in the others too. If I choose to have 1% cottage cheese for a protein, I can only have 1/2 cup which is 90 calories. But, if I choose I can have 2 eggs which is about 160 calories that is only 1 protein, and even better if I choose 6 oz of baked chicken without skin it's about 240 calories? The real reason I'm asking is that I'm doing the Blue Plan, but only have the Gold Book here at work. And, if I get a 1/2 protein, I don't see why I can only have a 1/4 cup of 1% cottage cheese which would only be 45 calories, when I could have 1 egg for 80 calories. And an egg is only 10 calories less then a 1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese. I'm having a 1/2 cup and counting it as my 1/2 of protein because it doesn't make sense to me. Am I just trying to justify that I should be eatting more than I should?

Repo girl
01-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Sy- I would do the same thing. Makes sense to me! I did not end up having to go to jury duty. I did, however, spend the day working on some really important changes. I have a huge announcement to make, and I can't share it on FB yet, so you guys are the only ones I can tell..............
I am closing my daycare to follow my dreams!!!

JLem311
01-08-2010, 09:32 AM
morning all! not much to report here. schools are closed again today due to the weather. it's -45 windchill here, so it's just too dangerous to be outside. normally, friday is my day to run errands/appointments, but not today.

still trucking along with my WL and exercising..stuck at 201 for a bit, but that's ok with me. i'm doing what i can and know i'm still losing inches and being healthy, so that's all that matters. i'm hoping to be back to my goal by the time baby X's 1st birthday, but if not, it's not gonna break me.
so yeah..that's about it for me.

hope all my ladies that are doing the Shred with me are still keeping at it! trust me, it pays off! i lost 7 inches in 30 days!

anyways, i hope everyone has a good day and a nice weekend.

JLem311
01-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Sy- I would do the same thing. Makes sense to me! I did not end up having to go to jury duty. I did, however, spend the day working on some really important changes. I have a huge announcement to make, and I can't share it on FB yet, so you guys are the only ones I can tell..............
I am closing my daycare to follow my dreams!!!

:woohoo: sooooo freakin' excited for you, katie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

SyracuseNY
01-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Katie, you may have shared this is the past, but I'm curious to hear what your dreams are? I'm happy for anyone that follows their dreams, and I'm sure that giving up your business was a BIG decision. Can you share it?

Thanks for the confirmation on the 1/2 of protein, it will make it feel more like I'm not cheating. I'm bad in the way that it's either all or nothing and I'm trying to get over that.

Jillian, your doing great with the Shredding... Good for you!

mj2007
01-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Good morning...just a quick check in.It is Friday + my Bday...so busy busy busy!
It is bitterly cold here but I am planning to do some self-pampering...DH has planned some surprise for the evening...all i know we dining out and watching New moon.

Sy- It is my personal opinion but I would rather get the new numbered plan portion sizes.LAWL changed their existing plans for better results I guess.
As for example- 1% cottage cheese - 1 cup = 1 protein
baked chicken skinless - 3 oz = 1 protein etc.

Kimphin
01-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Good for you Katie! I am so happy for you!

SyracuseNY
01-08-2010, 11:17 AM
MJ, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like a nice plan for the evening. MJ, do you know where I can find the Numbered Plans?

Once I complete this comment, I'll check to see what I can find on the threads. What you stated, make more sense to me. Wonder what else has changed?

Kimphin
01-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Happy Birthday MJ!!!

:bday2you:

Well, will be shredding this evening. The AM thing was not happening today. So, my exciting Friday evening will be to exercise, then take down the Christmas tree, including the Christmas Village underneath. Livin' the high life, huh? LOL.

SyracuseNY
01-08-2010, 11:40 AM
On MJ's suggestion on the Numbered Plans. I searched google.com and this website and can't seem to find of the LA Plans by numbers. Anyone here have something they could send me via eamil, or feel like posting here? Or, if you already know where it's posted, let me know the link?

mamato2girls
01-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Sigh! I am finding myself back here today because I seriously lost sight of my weight loss journey. Some of you may remember me from a couple of years back. I struggled and managed to lose more weight than I had ever imagined with all of your support. However, the last year and half has been difficult for me. I have gained ALL of my weight back, plus about 10 extra pounds. My husband and I recently separated this past December, and I really need to get myself back on track. The thought of someday possibly re-entering the dating scene is scary enough, but re-entering it overweight and with a muffin top is EVEN more scary!! Haven't decided what plan I'm going go with this time, but this was the first place I thought to come. Still have all of my old LAWL material, so I may give it a whirl again. One thing I know for sure, exercise is a MUST this time!! That is one place I failed last time, and so it made it harder to keep the weight off once I lost it.

JLem311
01-08-2010, 01:05 PM
hey Wendy! good to see your post. sorry to hear about you and your husband. how are your girls? i'm back in SD now. i miss NC alot sometimes. :)
i had another baby this past april too, so i'm trying to get back to where i was (which was about 8lbs from my ultimate goal.) :)

post often! we're here to help and support you again!

Kimphin
01-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Sy - I just bumped up an old thread for you - LAWL menu plan drop sequence.

AndreaMarie was a counselor who posted a lot of info last year - hope it helps!

Hi Wendy! Good to see you again - sorry you've had a tough year. Jump back in with the rest of us - we're all here for each other as usual.

mamato2girls
01-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey Jillian! The girls are doing okay for the most part. My 8-year-old is having the hardest time with the separation, but the 4-year-old still seems to be her happy go lucky self. My husband and I each have the girls equal time (alternating weeks), so I think that is helping with them missing either one of us too terribly much. And, congrats on the baby! I'm sure you'll be back down close to that goal weight in no time!!

Kim - Thanks so much!!

susanwmsrn
01-08-2010, 01:45 PM
i just wanted to pop back in and join in....i am starting take off today...i started on the 4th....
first wt in: 178
goal feb 1, 10 pounds off (mini goals)
hope to here from all of you....i am doing the old gold plan....it wokred the best for me...
~susan

SyracuseNY
01-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Kim: You're awesome for finding that thread and bumping it up for me. I really do appreciate it.

Wendy: Welcome back. Sorry about your marriage. Glad your back. I just revisited last week for the first time after several years. I can't image getting back into dating again, but I wish you the best of luck. And, BTW - being back to posting here again is making me feel good about things already.

KrispieD
01-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Wendy!! Welcome back... must be something in the air as I just jumped back on for the first time in a few years too.. It's great to 'see' you again. I went from 250 to 150 when I wrapped up LAWL.. as of January I had put 40 of that back on but the thought of seeing that 200 on the scale which I swore I would NEVER see again shocked me into action. I also like January as a mental way to really get yourself into a 'new' plan. Don't be too hard on yourself..with all you have had going on priority is you and the girls.. not what you look like.. we'll get you back to where you want to be and support you with everything else :)
Jillian I got up feeling like crap after curling last night till midnight but knew I was accountable to you and Mama Nicole so dragged my butt to the DVD and did my Shred and then the BL Weight Loss Yoga with Bob.. had a great smoothie and making some supper for my girls night with my daughters as daddy is gone for the weekend.
Katie.. thrilled for you and Kim I was so bummed about de decorating from Xmas I told my husband I was going to go to the dollar store and load up on Valentine's Day decorations!
To the other ladies and our occasional Dan.. be good to yourself this weekend and stay on track.. won't it be nice to know on Monday that we stuck to plan and beat the scale and the measuring tape!

equinetcan
01-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Hey everyone.. It's so nice to see some old names and some new names around here! We haven't hit 5 pages in forever it seems!

I had a great first part of my day today. My friend and I went shopping for awhile, then out for lunch and back to her place for coffee and a chat. It doesn't sound like much but it was fun! It's nice to get out once in awhile.

Starting next week I am getting back to walking again. I can't walk outside in the winter up here cause it's just too cold and I live on quite a hill and if slippery there's just no doing it on foot safely. Not for me anyway. I'd hurt myself for sure. So we have a new indoor track here that is open most days to the public for free so my friend and I are going to start going there 2-3 times a week. I even re-activated my MP3 and downloaded a few new songs so if I go by myself I can boogie while I walk ;)

I'll check in later...have a great day!

mamato2girls
01-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Kristen!! I got all the way down to 126 in 2007, and now I'm back up around 170. You'd think I would have been shocked into action LONG ago!! ESPECIALLY, since I donated all my bigger clothes to Good Will. Alright, time to get accountable. Weekend's are a crappy time to start anything new, so on Monday I resolve to weigh in and get back to work. Woohoo!!

Mama Nicole
01-08-2010, 05:40 PM
:carrot: Katie.......sooo excited for you :) :carrot: Change is good. You have been wanting to do this for a long time now....I am glad you decided to go for it :)

Wendy....you have come to the right place. We are here to support you w/ WL, but even more important, we are your friends, and we have missed you :)

I just love it when I get on here and see KrispieD posting :) WTG on the workouts today. I, too, am proud to report that I did the Shred. I thougth about doing Bob's bootcamp too........but then thought again...ha!

Jillian is a rockstar. Talk about being consistent and truly making the lifestyle change!!!!

Happy Birthday, MJ :)

And Kim and JM.......man, it's like that reunion we always talked about. I think I even saw Joni posting the other day.

And big hellos to everyone else that I failed to mention here.............just a busy girl today :)

Keep working hard everyone :)
XOXO

green0923
01-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Wow, imagine my surprise when logging on here after 2 years and seeing some of the same wonderful ladies here for support!

Some of you may remember me from a couple years ago. I joined in 2006 and lost 100 lbs on LAWL (fast!). Suffered a miscarriage and some really tough depression, and gained most of it back.

Tried again in 2008 (not going to a center) and lost 20 lbs, then just up and quit.

So here I am, starting over. I'm officially a statistic -- gained all of it back +10. This WILL be the time I am successful. No centers around here, so it's just me ... and all of you ... to support. I'm going to start with following the Red+ plan (old version ... lots of protein), and exercise (starting with elliptical), and see how that works.

My official start date is Monday, 1/11. I am going to spend this weekend planning menus, shopping, and getting ready for the kick-off. And I do plan to have my "last meal." I will update my ticker and goals Monday evening when I do my official weigh in.

Since I was last on here, I have moved closer to family (12 hrs closer!), and am excited to get started.

Katie, Wendy, Sy, Nicole, KrispieD and JM!!! Lots of us back into it ... we CAN do this! To all of the others I am now meeting, nice to meet you ... looking forward to supporting each other through this.

Erin

JerseyMadchen
01-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Hey guys! Just saying hey!!

Lots of old faces coming back! Let's get these pages back up to double digits!!

carolr3639
01-10-2010, 09:49 AM
I noticed some of you talking about the eodd diet. I did this 40 yr. ago when my dr. yelled at me for gaining too much weight in pregnancy. I didn't gain the last 4 mo. and went into delivery at 145lb. I never did it again since dr. after that didn't stress weight so much and I have 10 kids. I would be interested in a thread on this.

MomOfThreeTeens
01-10-2010, 08:14 PM
OH my goodness all the oldies are coming back out! Wonderful to see everybody. Man I missed you guys!!! Hope everybody has an amazing week!!

juliemarie
01-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Hey Erin-welcome back!

I've had a rough couple of days-Josie got head lice and it kinda overwhelmed me at first-but i've got a handle on it now and much less stressed about it. However-I fell off plan the last few days-but am back on it tomorrow. The one thing about this diet is that it does require some planning and I just couple wrap my brain around both things at once. Oh yeah-and after 2 days of forcing a 3 yr old to sit still for hours a day while I combed out her hair led to a much needed (several) glasses of wine Friday nite.

This would have completely derailed me a few months ago-but I'm looking forward to a fresh start tomorrow. If the days starts out right-it's soooo much easier.

Hopefully I didn't do to much damage to the weight loss I had going-but I'll wait till Thurs or Sat for my weigh in.