Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat - January 4 to January 10

blessedwithsarah
01-04-2010, 08:40 AM
New pages!:hug:

blessedwithsarah
01-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone. Just read through all of the posts from last week. Glad to see Sloan, nancy and Maryann back and Welcome Jeannie.

My new great niece is SOOO cute. Made a bunch of food for niece and her husband and brought it over yesterday. Got to sit and hold Sydney for a while, dd also spent time holding her.

Today I am back on track -- The holidays are over and I have no more excuses. I've been doing better over the past week, but not 100% on plan. I have to do something since the scales are moving the wrong way.

Hope you all have a great day!

Sloan and Rhonda - love the new pictures!

Happy New Year --- may 2010 be the best year.

Tejas
01-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks for getting us started, Paula. 2010 is going to be great!

I'm off to aquaift. I put on two pounds over the holidays but have already taken 1/2 off. The rest is going to be gone in a few days, OR ELSE! :coach:

Have a great OP day everyone. Use the New Year's resolve to its best.

Rhonda

beach bum
01-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies:)

My 2 week Christmas/New Year vacation is almost over.I'm already packed and bright and early my SIL is driving me to the city to pick up the bus for home. I should be arriving around 1:45 if I to the early bus or 3:45 of I get on the late morning one.I hope it the early one as I have to vote for whose taking the Kennedy seat in the senate.

Didn't go the church either as it was to cold ice every where that made the streets looking like skating rink.

Every quite around here the kids are back in school except for the older twin DD thinks is pink eye and to her to the doctors this morning.

I really have to do something drastic with my weight problem I'm eating nonstop ever since that fatal day in Nov. Huffing & puffing just to go up a flight of stair,or bending down for a few seconds.I think I'm going back to low carbing[NO BREAD PRODUCTS] with counting calories/& portions control as the # 1 priority

Have a great day and I'll be posting some time either Tues evening or Wednesday morning.

ontarget
01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Paula, thank you for the new pages. Congrats on getting back op.

Rhonda, 2 lbs is probably just water weight. You'll have them off in no time at all.

Maryann, have a safe trip home. It sounds like you're ready to get back on the wagon. I'm proud of you.

I met 3 gf's today for a long lunch. We met at a buffet and stayed almost 2 hours eating and visiting. We all made good choices eating mostly veggies. One reason we stayed so long was that we were waiting to go to the 2 o'clock movie for "Sherlock Holmes." Life is good.

Vickie, how was your day?

nancy237
01-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Back to 144, so some of my weight must have been water weight.
I tried to go to our mall to get some walking in and it was crazy crowded.
I may try it in the morning to see if it is better. It is too cold to walk
outside this week. Our pets are staying inside all day right now and when
I make them go out to potty they look at me like "you gotta be kidding"
I even brought my bunny in (he loves his outside pen)

Alton Brown on Good Eats had a smoothie breakfast recipe on his show tonight that looked good. I am going to try doing a fruit smoothie in the mornings to get more fruit & calcium in.

Does anyone do breakfast smoothies?

sloanie
01-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Hey chicks, students report tomorrow :carrot: My eating has been good today. Eggs, grits, and grapefruit this morning; grilled chicken salad with fruit and ff dressing for lunch; and diet coke sloppy joes, potatoes, and an orange for supper. I'm looking for a snack, but I don't know what that will be. I will meet my friend in the morning to walk, so now I need to add the water!

Nancy, I like to add 1-2 T of ff/sf pudding powder to my smoothies. It makes them thick and creamy like a real shake! Try it; you'll like it!

Sandra, your lunch and movie sounds fun. Was the movie good?

Rhonda, how was your first official day of retirement? Hope you slept late.

Maryann, it's good to hear from you. Stay safe in all that ice and snow.

Vickie, how's the weather up your way? I hope you are warm and cozy!

Paula, it sounds like you are really enjoying that little baby!

Stay warm, y'all and sleep tight!

ontarget
01-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Nancy, :woohoo: on being back to 144. I add sf/ff pudding to my smoothies, too, and I always include a frozen banana.

Sloan, cute avatar!

The movie was really really good. Curtis and I are going to see "Avatar" tomorrow after going to Cracker Barrel for lunch. :listen:(It's a date.)

Tejas
01-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Good Morning:

Sloan, thanks for asking. The first retired Monday was just great, just as the first retired Tuesday is going to be. I went to aquafit, then got my assessment at the gym. I am going to sign up for their personal trainer program for a year. It will cost money, but no more than I've spent on LR furniture and reclaiming my body is worth it. I will work with a trainer twice a week. The assessor says that my weight loss rate will improve with the new program. She said "I guarantee it." I laughed and told her that I was going to come back to get her if she was wrong.

It's such an amazing feeling to be retired. Make it happen for yourself as quickly as you can! I hardly give a thought to the workplace, and that frees up my mind for more important thoughts!

So, I'm making my oatmeal breakfast and reading the paper! :beach:

Rhonda

Vickie
01-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I hope your resolve is strong and steady. I've been really busy this week. I lost .2 at JC this week. Not spectacular but it's the first time in my LIFE that I've ever lost weight from the week before Thanksgiving to now. I think I'm down a couple of pounds from then. So, I continue my work.

Today my Sister and I are going to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch and then to Whole Foods. We've never been and are looking forward to it a lot. I know it's expensive but it's a treat. Anyone have any favorite things that one can only buy there?

Talk to you all soon.

ontarget
01-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Rhonda, you're the new poster child for retirement. I'm loving the way you're enjoying yourself. And the trainer? That's awesome! You're definitely beginning a new phase in your life.

Vickie, :woohoo: on losing over the holidays. I don't have any suggestions for you for shopping except to have fun.

Curtis and I have a date to go to Cracker Barrel and then to go see "Avatar." Life is good.

Have a great day, everyone, and remember to watch "Biggest Loser" tonight if you're so inclined. I'll be :ebike: while watching it.

Tejas
01-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Congratulations Vickie. That's really good news. Keep it going!

I'm with Sandra on the shopping...have fun.

I'm waiting to hear from the utilities people to see if I can install a gas cooktop to replace the electric one I don't like. Also waiting to hear from a local catering place about classes they offer. I was too late to get on the ones that start next week, but they said they would have others.

I've been thinking of going to NM to attend a cooking weekend class at a chef's classroom, but have decided to stay local for a while (and use the $1000 it costs on my personal trainer adventure).

I hope you're all OP today.

Rhonda

ontarget
01-05-2010, 05:10 PM
We're home. Curtis wasn't feeling well so we came home after lunch instead of going to the movie. Now we're just waiting on "Biggest Loser" to come on tonight. Other than that I'm picking up the grands for a bit this afternoon. Life is good.

Rhonda, do you remember Katpo? She took a culinary class somewhere around here. I have to tell you I'm loving reading about your newly retirement projects. You are a poster child for sure.

sloanie
01-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Hey chickies! First day of school with the kiddos. The first few days of high school consist of schedule changes and chaos. It is so hard to plan anything because the rosters change from day to day. We are also supoosed to be getting snow tomorrow evening, so a snow day may be in our future :carrot:
I have stayed OP today, and I did walk this morning. Why can't I make myself drink that water?

Vickie, I am not familiar with Sweet Tomatoes. What is it? Oh yea, big congrats on losing over the holiday season. I wish I could say that.

Sandra, is Curtis okay? I hope so. Enjoy Biggest Loser tonight. I must confess that I have never seen it. Maybe tonight is the night!

Rhonda, I am so impressed with your committment to exercise! Good for you;) Also, I'm so glad you are enjoying retirement. It's a long way off for me, so I'll just have to enjoy it vicariously through you. Keep me posted.

I'm chillin' on the couch (literally, I'm freezing) with DD watching "You've Got Mail" for the hundredth time. We are knitting while the chicken wild rice soup is simmering. BBL

Tejas
01-05-2010, 11:38 PM
hmmm, I can almost smell that chicken soup.

Sloan, would you believe that the first days of university terms are also chaos? Just amazing. I don't miss it. I enjoyed getting emails from work-related listservs and writing back to them to take me off the lists!

I went to the gym to go to spinning this evening. But, they were full so I went to a class they call "bodyworks and abs." I may never move again. Honestly. I've never had a class like that. It was aerobics but most of the moves involved the use of dumbells. I was able to use the 5 pound weights most of the time, but I moved down to 2.5 at other times. I did so many squats with the dumbells on my shoulders that I might never be able to squat again. That teacher is a killer for certain.

I kept my calories really low today and, like Sloan, didn't drink enough. Vickie, we need you to yell at us again!

Sandra, I'm sorry Curtis is feeling so puny.

Night, everybody,
Rhonda

nancy237
01-06-2010, 01:05 AM
Our well is on the blitz. Another reason we are excited about getting our
big ,old, drafty, money pit house on the market in the spring.
Lots of good memories here but I will not miss the temperamental well
and all the steps..

When you have too much space it is hard to decide how much space you really need. Does that make sense? I only want to move one more time and I
know I want a ranch style.

blessedwithsarah
01-06-2010, 08:36 AM
OK, I'm officially depressed. I know I've gained about 10 pounds (probably 15 by now). But all along my clothes still fit pretty good. There were a few pairs of jeans that I stopped wearing but all my work pants still looked good.

Well not any more. My favorite grey slacks look horendous! Thankfully I looked in my full length mirror today -- My goodness, when did this happen? Did they look that bad the last time I wore them? So tight in through my stomach. Not good, I went and changed to a black pair of slacks that do still look OK. Not good, not good at all...... :(

Tejas
01-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Ok, Paula, you know what to do. Shake off the depression, it won't do you any good at all. Keep looking in the mirror, eat CORE, drink water, move. Then, do it all again. You'll be back on track in no time. :cheer:

Nancy, I know what you mean about space. I just moved from 800 square feet to 3500 square feet. I'm lost! But, I'm enjoying it. Good luck on the well, and I came to hate stairs myself. I suppose they have some exercise advantage but I've fallen down stairs and they always get to me a bit.

Have a great day Chickies. I've got stage 2 of my physical assessment at the gym, followed by aquafit, followed by grocery shopping.

BBL,
Rhonda

ontarget
01-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Rhonda, my head is spinning from all the exercise you're doing. Very impressive for sure! I'm still waiting on my new swimsuit. Other than that, I'm doing 40 min :ebike: 5X this week. I may up it to 50 next week--not sure yet.

Curtis is much better today. He started feeling better last night. I hope this old cold is out of his system for good now--and I hope I don't catch it. I don't need it. I'm subbing 2 days next week and having a girls' day out with a couple of friends.

Paula, be glad you're catching this @ 15 and not 30 or more as I have. You'll be fine. You know what to do and you have a lot of determination.

Nancy, we sold our 1800+ square foot home in Montana and went fulltime RV for several months before moving into our current (small) home. Our goal was to downsize and we did. But we also had planned to downsize yardwork and that didn't happen. We now have 2 acres instead of a large city lot. :lol:

Did any of you see "Biggest Loser" last night? They all seem like really nice folks. It's going to be good watching them getting healthier. (inspiring, too)

sloanie
01-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Hey chicks! I walked again today, and I'm staying core. I'm still not doing the water!

Vickie, Rhonda and I need you! Can't you make us act right?

Rhonda, the chicken soup was awesome, and tonight, I am cooking chili. We are keeping our fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow, so left over chili will make a nice lunch. I smiled when I read your note about having your name taken off the listserves :) Wow, your exercise routine makes me tired just reading it. Take some ibuprofen to help with that muscle soreness, and drink that water to flush out the lactic acid (maybe that will motivate you to guzzle a glass or two).

Sandra, I'm glad to hear that Curtis is feeling better. I hope you stay well! I'm impressed with your exercise, too :carrot:

Paula, I agree with Rhonda! Take a deep breath and kiss that depression goodbye. It will only make you eat more!!! You know what to do, and you know you can do it, so just do it :coach:

Nancy, sorry about your house woes. I know you are counting the days until Spring.

Stay warm chicks! TTFN

beach bum
01-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Came home yesterday at 3:30 PM and found myself so tired from the trip I didn't want to open up the computer.Went to bed right after the B/L.This morning I had to get the mail and than pay the bills and grocery shopping right after and than in the PM I took my Christmas decoration down and did the laundry.

So hopefully I will be back to my regular routine,and will be able to post tomorrow.

Vickie
01-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Love you all but no time to post today. I've SO much to say. What new? I've been reading when I have a minute or two. We are having 6-12 inches of snow overnight tonight through Thursday night. We have a storm warning through Friday. We've been getting decorations down and shopping done so we have our supplies in. The tree is still up but that's all that's left. I should be able to catch up with all of you while my cleaning lady is here tomorrow. At least she hasn't cancelled yet. I'm very behind on all my email too. Yikes!

Paula, don't you dare give up GF! We can help and you know that just the fact that you came back here means you don't want to give up either. I'm missing a bit of motivation too but I know that I can conquer this once and for all.

sloanie
01-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Hey Maryann and Vickie, it's good to hear from you two! Hope you both are staying warm! :brr:

ontarget
01-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Sloan,don't be too impressed with my exercise. I just did 30 min today. Tomorrow I need to start earlier. I love your avatar photo. It makes me smile. I hope you get a snow day. I remember one time we came back after the holidays then had an ice storm that lasted days and days. Chili will be awesome. Enjoy.

Vickie, we're having "arctic blast" warnings down here. That means we will be under 32* for 60 hours according tot he weather guessers. I'm not subbing this week but have a doctor's appt tomorrow. I'll have to cancel if there's ice. Well, I prob won't have to cancel as the doctor's office will most likely be closed. We Texans close down and "hunker by the fires" when there's ice on the roads. I remember one time in Montana driving in the middle of snowplows while driving over a mountain pass in a blizzard. I told my stepdaughter I needed Texas license plates instead of Montana ones cuz I didn't know how to drive in all that white stuff.

Maryann, you sound busy. We took our tree down this afternoon.

Rhonda, have you planted your tree yet?

Tejas
01-07-2010, 12:45 AM
I drank my water today and am now headed to the hot tub.

I pressed 175 pounds with my legs today as part of the assessment. The trainer was impressed. Me too.

I've invited some neighbors for dinner tomorrow night, and I still don't know where things are in the kitchen :lol: I serving Italian meat loaf from Mario Batali's cookbook. Dessert will be panna cotta. What's not to like, all cream, sugar and vanilla. Not core, but will be delicious I hope.

Talk to you tomorrow....welcome home Maryann! I know it was hard to walk into the house without Leo being there.

Rhonda

Rhonda

sloanie
01-07-2010, 08:51 AM
What a funny day in Middle Tennessee! We had a big snow storm predicted, and almost every county in Middle Tennessee called off school. Right now, there is not a flake to be seen at my house, and the local news is reporting only spotty snow showers across the area! Oh well, a snow day is good for me! TTFN

blessedwithsarah
01-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone. Thanks so much for you kind words. I'm feeling better about things today. Very determined to get back into those pants. I had a great on plan day yesterday -- I did decide to stick with South Beach which is basically core but allows low fat dairy/cheese rather than fat free. I am going to do the phase 1 by the book for 2 weeks -- no fruit or any whole grain stuff. Lots of salads and veggies, have my spinach quiche for breakfast. I also made some spiced nuts a couple weeks ago and have a 1/4 cup package for my afternoon snack. I won't let this set back push me down -- the more I thought about things yesterday I think it was the wake up call I needed. I've been playing around and slowly gaining for too long. No more!

Sloan - love the new picture! Did it ever snow? My nephew is in Tallahassee FL and he's tends to let us know how great his weather is - well, the last couple days he's been colder than we are in Boston.

Maryann - welcome home! Hope you have a good day getting things organized and caught up today.

Rhonda -- I guess now I can offically congratulate you on your Retirement!

Hi Sandra, Vickie and I think I saw Nancy! Anyone see Donna around? What ever happened to Frouf?

BBL....and again, Thanks! You guys are great.

sloanie
01-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Check out the new chili recipe I posted on the soup thread. I found it on the sonoma/mediterr. diet site. It sounds yummy!

beach bum
01-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Was invited to a lasagna dinner from a new friend from the Bereavement group Friday night,but now we on the Cape are expecting another snow storm with winds & snow accumulations 1-3 inches tomorrow evening. Every disappointment as I like this woman,but I won't drive in snow especially when ice is underneath the roads from the last storm we had.

Going out to the bank & Walmart for new glasses,my old ones are falling apart. Never replaced them while Leo was around, now its my time,and I must look forward and ahead for me.Sounds selfish,but so be it.

SLOANIE=Thanks,I'm warm,as I have my fireplace insert on and it nice and toasty in my home.

SANDRA=Busy is not the word,I have so much to do,as I now doing 2 jobs mine as a housewife & Leo's job around the house and errands. I keeping a legal pad in front of me with a long list and when I finish the chore I cross it out.

RHONDA=It was hard,as I was around family for 2 weeks but now I have to face reality.

PAULA=Got most of the chores done,its just odds & ends until I make an new list.Good Luck on the SB.I was going to go on it again,but I decided to just watch my portions & calories EXERCISING it what I really have to get in to,as I haven't bike rode since the funeral.

Have to go,will be back later

ontarget
01-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Maryann, you're wise to keep the ledger and also for staying in during bad weather. I don't think you're being selfish at all. :hug: You're doing what you need to do.

Sloan, :shocksn: we had 2 hour school delays here this morning because of ice on the roads. I'm thinking roads are worse near Rhonda. Ours are clear now.

I just got home from a doctor's appt. She's happy with me for what I'm accomplishing (snail's pace), and she was thoroughly impressed with the book I'm reading :book2: EAT THIS; NOT THAT I highly recommend it. I got mine off Amazon.com and it arrived quickly. Google it and check it out if you're interested.

Rhonda, your dinner sounds delicious. :hat: Have some wine for me. And :woohoo: on lifting those weights. :lifter: You rock!

Paula, you sound much happier today. Makes me smile. :cheer2: :cheer3:

I bought me a new full length coat today--first one I've bought in ages. Now I'm looking for a hat. I got gloves and scarves. (Not many hats around. I tried on a tam but looked like a pizza salesman in it.) :lol:

Now I'm settling in for the evening. Texas/Alabama tonight. Life is good. Just wish the Killer Frogs had won the other night. Life goes on. :snooty:

sloanie
01-07-2010, 09:17 PM
It ended up snowing today after all, and we have another day off tomorrow.:dancer: DD and I spent the day with my sister and neice having a pajama party. We played games and watched an old Judy Garland movie: Meet Me in St Louis. What a nice day!

Maryann, I'm glad you're making friends in your group, but sorry that your dinner date might be cancelled tomorrow. I know your house must be quiet, but you can always talk to Leo as much as you want. Hang in there and stay warm :flame:

Sandra, congrats on impressing your doc. That's not always easy to do! I love your comment about your hat. I am laughing just picturing it :jeno:

Rhonda, congrats on drinking your water! I'm still not there, yet. All I want is :coffee2:

Paula, I'm glad you are sounding better. Making a plan is the first step, congrats:yay:

Hey Vickie, :snow4: I'm thinkin' of ya!

Stay cozy, y'all!

ontarget
01-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Sloan, looks like I'll have to wait till next winter to get a hat.:joker::hat::chef::twirly::wizard::drill:
:broc::coach::bike2::shocksn::hohoho::brr::luck2yo u::witch::witch2:

I don't think any of these will go with my new coat. :dunno:

sloanie
01-08-2010, 07:38 AM
Sandra, maybe you could open a pizzaria! The tam could be the start of something big!

sloanie
01-08-2010, 10:17 AM
LJ, I have been here for about 18 months, and I have never seen a negative comment. Come on back! We'll be nice to you, I promise!

nancy237
01-08-2010, 10:18 AM
L J

WELCOME BACK:grouphug::welcome::welcome::welcome:

I read the forum everyday but only post about once a week.

I am sorta doing a Sonoma Diet & Core Diet combo.

This group is great for moral support and encouragement
so I'm glad you are here...

Nancy

L.J.
01-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Sloanie...I didn't mean this board, God no!! .. I meant Weight Watcher board. This board is GREAT with great people. Thank you for the welcome....can't wait to be part of this group again.

L.J.
01-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Thank you Nancy...your "welcome" meant a lot.
I'll be back later to read, and perhaps post.

blessedwithsarah
01-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Welcome back LJ! Jump right in. Glad your health is well -- eating healthing is always a good thing, but after breast cancer I do think its imperative. My sister dealt with this over the past year and is also doing well. Thank GOD.

Nancy -- HI! Hope your holidays were well.

I'm doing much better now that I feel like I'm in control. I've been weighing myself but want to wait to log it officially. I want to get back to where I was before Christmas - I know it silly but its a mental thing for me. :)

Did I mention here my new plain yogurt trick??? Did you know if you take fat free plain yogurt and strain it overnight it ends up this yummy thickness? Its much cheaper than greek yogurt (as I buy the big container for less than $2) and I think its thicker! Great with some sweetner and lemon juice. Thats my tip for the day....

Have a good day.

L.J.
01-08-2010, 01:52 PM
I have a few spare moments...
BlessedWithSarah....Thank you for your "welcome back"
Love your yogurt tip for the day. I will try that. Yes indeed Greek plain/ff is good but, expensive.
I am going to search the recipes for the Smothered Barley Chicken (I think that's the name) I think back when Vickie posted it....wish me luck.
That sure sounds good about now.

Planning tonights dinner....Shrimp Fried Rice...jumbo shrimp, peas and carrots. I'll measure out a cup for me and see if I am satisfied after that, and I'll most likely have mine with Barley instead of Brown Rice, not sure yet.
Never tried it that way. This way if I have one of the 1 day options I don't have to count it tonight :D

Tejas
01-08-2010, 02:53 PM
:welcome2: back, LJ.

I haven't got much to chat about today. I went to aquafit and right now am breathing in the chemicals being used to clean our tile and ceramic floors. We would do it on the coldest day so far: 17 F. We can't open enough windows for ventilation without freezing!

I'll be taking the doggie for a walk if it gets up to freezing. But, most of the day will be spent sorting stuff.

Oh, my dinner party for the neighbors went off very well. We're planning another party next week for the neighbors on the south side. Then, we plan to do two more for neighbors across the street.

I hope you all have a good day...drink water, Sloan!

Rhonda

beach bum
01-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi Ladies

Spend all my morning and the first 1/2 of the afternoon trying to use my text edit to type a letter to my insurance company.what took me so long was I needed more ink in my printer and than trying to install the cartilages was another think I guess you know by now that I"M NOT COMPUTER SAAVY.

Didn't eat a thing today having all this to contend with.I snacked on a pc of ham & cheese. Hopefully tomorrow the scale will be down. Going to my friends house this evening for dinner. Snow came and went.

LJ:welcome: to the thread you find the gals here fantastic & caring woman. I just lost my DH to lung cancer this past November and with this thread I wouldn't have pulled though. Happy to hear that you beat the cancer and now in remission.I like Nancy I ditched the diets and count calories with portion control & low carbing combo.

SANDRA:thanks: I couldn't believe that I haven't been to the eye doctor that long.It won't happen again as now I'm getting cataracts,and have to take care of myself. The Ledger is going back to my bookkeeping days.

SLOANThe dinner is on,she just called and made room for me to park in front of her house.Its funny how you meet people and she has so much in common with me.Hope to keep this friendship. Yes it every quite in the house,so I keep the radio or tv on to hear a human voice,but I will survive.

PAULAGlad that your doing better with portions.I weigh myself everyday but than total up amount to get a average w-i.

RHONDAThat's wonderful that you met the neighbors and socializing with them. That's half the battle when moving to a new state.

Have to get ready,have a great evening

sloanie
01-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Hi chickies, I had a busy day planned for cleaning and laundry, but before I could get started, my mother called and asked me to come help her around her house. My sister, neice, dd, and I spent about 5 or 6 hours cleaning, sorting, and carrying out bags of trash. Eventhough we were working, we had a good time being together, and my mom was very appreciative. I'm glad we could help, but my messy house is still here! Oh well, tomorrow is another day. I have been off the wagon a couple of times over the last two days, but not too bad. I probably won't lose this week, but I don't think I will gain either. I'm not giving up! I have to get this weight off. I felt so much better about myself when I was at 130 :( I have been trying to cook and make recipes that dd and I will both eat, so that helps.

Rhonda, I am going to get a glass of water right now! It sounds like you are being a super host! When can we come?

Maryann, I'm glad you are having dinner with your friend tonight. Have fun!

Paula, do you just eat the yogurt or do you use it in recipes?

LJ, your dinner sounds good! I think you are off to a good start.

jeanies
01-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Hi everyone,
Tomorrow is my first weigh in already. I have checked my weight on my own scale and it is up and down so I'll see where I really am in the morning. I was wondering about this my sign up for WW was last Saturday so does that technically mean I could go to any meeting before this Saturday and have it count for the weekly weigh-in? Thanks

ontarget
01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
:welcome: LJ. I have to tell you I almost panicked and was looking to see if I'd said something negative. Ya'll give me a :kick: if I ever do. I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

I'll be back later. I'm just in from subbing and need to get something done around here.

Tejas
01-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Jeanies, I can't answer your question. I don't go to meetings.

Sloan, you can come to dinner anytime. You don't even have to phone first, just show up!

Maryann, I hope you've enjoyed your dinner with your friend. I know what you mean about having the radio or TV on. I think that I might have mentioned to you that I found classical music to be very soothing to my long ago grief. I don't know a lot about classical music, but I didn't have to be. It just helped.

Did you all hear that some nutritionists have published a study saying that many posted calorie counts on restaurant foods are at least 100 calories LESS that what is on the plate? Who's surprised?

I'm headed for bed early tonight, and off to aquafit again in the morning.

Rhonda

nancy237
01-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Sloan..
should we let L J know we used to tell each other to go eat a pizza when
we were competing to see who could hit 130 first :joker: :rofl:

nancy237
01-09-2010, 12:34 AM
L J

The shrimp with peas and carrots sounds really good.
I think the barley with it is a great idea.. I think I will try that.

I used to love shrimp with carrots and snowpeas but I haven't
made it in a long time.

ontarget
01-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Paula, we all have our mental tricks that we're using. I think the mental game here is about 98% when it comes to being on plan. We just have to figure out the best mental plan for each of us.

Maryann, I'm glad you're getting to go out with your friend. Makes me smile.
And you know what? We all need you here, too. :hug:

Sloan, 130? I can't even imagine how I'd feel at that weight. And I'm 5'2", too. I'm struggling to get to 150 and am a long way from there. Life goes on. Your day with family females sounds like it was fantastic. Makes me smile.

Jeanies, WW meeting weigh ins are based on a week beginning on a certain day. I am thinking the week actually starts over on Sunday but am not sure. I do know that if you go back before the day of the week that you joined, you can attend without paying but I don't think they will weigh you. Not sure. Be sure to ask and let us know what you find out.

Rhonda, I'm not surprised except that it's just 100 calories. I read that Applebees hasn't reported correctly about their Weight Watcher menu items.
That's wrong for them to lie about that.

We're going to a tournament tomorrow then to Collin Street Bakery for soup/sandwich and a sweet. That's how we'll celebrate my birthday. Life is good.

L.J.
01-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Mornin' All
Thank you for the kind welcome. I tried to edit my original post and somehow deleted it, but wanted to say thank you to those who did see it and wished me well in my recovery. When you get blind sided with that kind of news it's barely believeable. I am a two year survivor so far. So thank you for the kind words.
Jeanies, WW meeting week is Sunday - Saturday, and yes you can go to a meeting before Saturday and count it as your weigh in... Best of luck to you.
BeachBum thank you for you kind words, and I am so sorry for you loss.
Sloanie and Nancy best laid plans of mice and men....funny...because Pizza was dinner last night, so it was funny when I read your post this morning. I did count the points though.
There's good possibly the shrimp will be tonight. I still have to measure my portions.
I love CORE, but this time I am having a hard time...guess because they changed how the plan works, it's embetted in my brain, but I do tend to eat mostly Fillng Foods (just can't get used to that name) Either way I'm OP.
The good news is I did not gain any weight over the holiday, but I still am striving for my 'personal' goal. I'm good with my WW goal, but that's not good enough, it just keeps me a non paying member.
Anyway...I hope everyone has a lovely day....and again Thank You for the Welcome.
I hope everyone understood that I certainly did not mean anything negative about this board...it was WW.com I was referring to. Sorry Sandra :hug:
LJ

sloanie
01-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Mornin' chickies, it's still snowy in Nashville, TN. I think it's supposed to warm up a little tomorrow, though. I'm gonna try to be productive today and get a little cleaning done. I'm also planning to drink more water, Rhonda ;)

L.J. In knew you were not talking about us. I just wanted you to know how nice we are :grouphug: I'm glad you are here, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Jeanie, I hope your weigh in makes you happy today!

Nancy, maybe we could order some pizza from Sandra when she opens her pizzaria :rofl:

Sandra, :bday2you: I hope you have a super birthday! Good luck at the tournament :D

Rhonda, thanks for the open invitation! You never know when I might just show up!!

Vickie and Maryann, :coffee2: Good mornin'

beach bum
01-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Had a wonderful time with my new friend Mandy,I couldn't believe all the things we had in common.From being introduced to her DH from a friend to the deaths of both husbands. She's into all sorts of sports like ice skating,swimming, bike riding etc and she wants me to join her.So that's a plus in the exercising dept.Going to have my hair cut and styled this afternoon. Canceled my appointment the day of the blizzard,so now it has to get done.

SLOAN-I had a wonderful time with my new friend,and another thing we had in common is her birthday is 2 days after mine. Speaking about cleaning I still have so much to do,24 hrs in a day is just not enough time.

JEANNIE-I'm think you can go to any meeting as long as its once a week.When I used to go to the meeting I switch times but it was in the same place. Don't go to meeting anymore.I use this tread as a meeting room.

RHONDA-Yes I listen to classical music,but right now its Country & Western on my Sirius radio called the ROADHOUSE from Texas.

SANDRA:celebrate:HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MANY MORE.:celebrate:Thanks for you kind words I love being with your guys also.

LJ-Thanks,I still trying to get used to losing my dear beloved husband. He passed on 11/2.

Have to go, get ready for my hair cut,will be back later.

Tejas
01-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Happy Birthday, Sandra. Have a great day. Collin Street Bakery, YES! I ordered their fruitcake for Christmas. My Daddy used to go there and get one every Christmas. Say "hi" if you see his spirit hanging out there.

Rhonda

ontarget
01-09-2010, 09:37 PM
We're home and are fat and sassy. The tournament was fun and we "learned a lot." (That means we didn't shoot well.) Collin St. Bakery was fabulous. I won't tell you what we had. I'll just say we're both dusting right and left.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I appreciate you all so much.

I apologize for not writing much, but we're tired from all our gallavanting today. I'll catch you tomorrow.

Night night.

nancy237
01-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Hubby got his Nutrisystem foods yesterday and they do not look very appetizing. He said he was going to stick it out for the month and then decide
what to do next. Maybe he will do Core/Sonoma with me.

It seems like a lot of pastry/chips/cookies which seems like the stuff he needs
to learn to stay away from.

sloanie
01-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Nancy, my dad did nutrisystems, and I thought the food looked yukky! I also agree with you about the junky carbs. Oh well, maybe he will jump start his weight loss then start to eat what you are eating. I definitely think the core/sonoma approach is more healthy :)

Have a great Sunday, y'all!

blessedwithsarah
01-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Nancy, what is the Sanoma plan like?

Tejas
01-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Funny about Nutrisystem. Vickie, isn't Jim doing that and losing weight?

Rhonda

Vickie
01-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi Chicks! Sorry I haven't been around. I've got a hamstring that's keeping me away from the computer chair. I promise to be back to catch up just as soon as I can.

Linda....OMG, welcome back! I'm SO sorry to hear about the cancer but REAL happy to hear that you beat it. Don't worry about the gain. I know how you are. You'll get it back off. I gained all mine back and am relosing again. I've still got 107 more to lose so I'll be here for life I think!

Nancy/Rhonda, my husband Jim has been on Nutrisystem since last January 13th and has lost 65 pounds. I only made it on Nutrisystem a week before going to Jenny Craig. The food didn't taste very good to me but then I'm a self-confessed foodie. I don't think it's junk though. It's based on the glycemic index and I think some of it has better ingredients than JC. He's a type II diabetic and his numbers have NEVER been better. His A1C is 5.8 which is outstanding. Of course, some of that is from losing weight but much is because of the low glycemic index of the food. I think a person could do worse. You must supplement with large amounts of fresh fruits and veggies and whole grain too. That's just the way the program is. Jim got extra food because he needed to lose 100 pounds or more. He hated the first month from QVC because he couldn't pick his own food. Once he got to pick, it was better. JMHO. Good lucky to your hubby, Nancy.

Vickie
01-10-2010, 04:55 PM
I guess my point on NS and JC is that I agree that the processed part isn't great and we definitely prefer all fresh but we had to learn portion control in a HUGE way. These programs are great for that. We kept eating with WW beyond one portion. We these programs, when it's gone, it's gone. I'm only eating the lunches and the dinners, so I'm trying to convince myself that I'm getting mostly fresh. But I do agree with Sloan that they aren't the best. They do serve a purpose though.

nancy237
01-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Paula..
Sonoma is a Mediterranean diet that emphasizes
the heart heathy "power foods" like tomatoes/
almonds/spinach/cabbage/berries/sweet potatoes.

I have been reading so many of the power food
articles that I forget exactly which foods
go with which, but I saw a show by Dr. Oz and he
stressed the same foods as the diet.
It does not conflict with core it just stresses
the "best of the best" foods.

I'll do a better list for you if you want it.

I have a achy joints and eating this way helps.

nancy237
01-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Vickie..
I think you are so right about the portion control.
Just learning what normal portions are will be a big help to my hubby.
Also he thinks he will have to feel hungry to lose weight and I think this will
convince him that he won't.

He starts the Nutrisystem it in the morning and when he has some weight off
he is going to get 2 knee replacements. Hopefully by spring/summer
he will feel better. We were going to sell our house and move this spring but I don't
know how we can do that with him rehabbing??

ontarget
01-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Curtis and I are on one of our hiatuses. We'll be back op in the morning. There's not much to eat around the house, so we should be all right tonight. Other than that, not much going on. Church had a spaghetti luncheon today. We used that as our excuse.

sloanie
01-10-2010, 09:43 PM
One thing I do remember from talking to my mom is that she supplemented the nutrisystem foods with fresh, and I think that was part of the plan not her idea. Nancy, just make sure your hubby is eating the fresh, too. I think my dad tended to leave that off unless my mom encouraged him.

Vickie, sorry about your leg. Hope it feels better soon! Are you all still freezing? We are out of school again tomorrow because some of the rural roads are still covered with ice.

Sandra, a hiatus is necessary every now and then. You'll be fine tomorrow!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

I've been snooping around the sonoma threads to look at some recipes. There are some yummy sounding things posted there. I'm sure we would all benefit from eating more of those types of foods. Have a good night, y'all!

ontarget
01-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Vickie, I hope your hamstring stops bothering you. We don't want you to hurt--and we want you here with us.

Sloan, ya'll have really missed a lot of days. Will you have to make them all up later or will the state waive some of them?

Tejas
01-10-2010, 11:52 PM
DH and I went to Outback to celebrate our first meeting 50 years ago today.

I had a 6 oz steak, a baked potato with only a little butter, salad with no dressing. AND a glass of wine and 1/2 of some decadent dessert! :nono:

Vickie
01-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Rhonda, congratulations! That is TOO sweet.

nanci8
12-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Is this the same as the points plus plan for simply filling?
Does anyone have a list of the filling foods. You do not have to track doing
it this way is that correct.

Tejas
12-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Nanci, you have posted on last year's thread. Come over to this year.