South Beach Diet - The "On Plan" Thread for Jan 4 - 10

Heidi58
01-04-2010, 07:01 AM
t's time for a new week of talking On-Plan!

* Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
* This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.
* Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
* While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Heidi58
01-04-2010, 07:06 AM
It's back to the 'real world' for me today. :D
I've had a great vacation, but to be honest, I'll be glad to get back to my regular routine.

Phase 2

B - oatmeal, v8
S - yogurt
L - leftovers, chicken, carrots, green beans
S - pistachios
D - white chili
An Italian creme soda some time this afternoon.

I'm heading to school half an hour earlier each day this week in hopes that that will let me get home half an hour earlier each day so that I can walk outdoors or snowshoe when I get home.:crossed:

cottagebythesea
01-04-2010, 07:43 AM
I'm prepared to hop back on the wagon and hold on tight so I don't fall off. I'm going to make this the year that I finally shed this extra poundage! The key for me is to plan every single meal and snack and have it all ready to go each day. I'm even keeping an emergency cooler stashed with OP food in my car for any roadblocks I may encounter.

B. oatmeal soaked in unsweetened vanilla almond milk with berries
L. broccoli cheese soup, bunless veggie burger
S. yogurt
D. vegetable bean soup
S. apple, if needed

CyndiM
01-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Okay, back to work. I can do this!

B: refried beans, broccoli, scrambled egg & salsa
S: apple
L: lentil soup with spinach
S: hummus & baby carrots
D: navy bean and collard soup, http://www.molliekatzen.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipe=white_bean_soup

Exercise - 15m Wii yoga, 10 minute arms, 60m cardio (treadmill?)

jenne1017
01-04-2010, 09:49 AM
I have a smorgashbord of items today! First day back to work but Day 5 on Ph 1!

B: coffee, water and yogurt
S: almonds, turkey pepperoni and cheese stick
L: veggies and Spinach Artichoke dip
S: small salad with Lime dressing (Yum!)
D: Chicken Divan

Lexxiss
01-04-2010, 09:50 AM
P 2

B-Protein/green smoothie
L-Veggies and salad topped w/chix,pinto beans and a smidge of brown rice
S-yogurt
D-buffalo burger no bun, vegies and salad
S-sf jello

I'm sticking with my usual food routine but with vigilance. I am happy to have maintained through the holidays. I'm hoping that cutting calories and grains combined with more exercise might kick the WL in again. Exercise was way down last month-a combo of holiday bustling and weather.

Exercise-2 hrs water yoga, 10 min HC and 15 min dog walk

jenne1017
01-04-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm prepared to hop back on the wagon and hold on tight so I don't fall off. I'm going to make this the year that I finally shed this extra poundage! The key for me is to plan every single meal and snack and have it all ready to go each day. I'm even keeping an emergency cooler stashed with OP food in my car for any roadblocks I may encounter.

Awesome idea Cottage!! Especially doable in the winter! If one has a car. I think this weekend I will do an extra snack shopping and come and bring the snacks in the office! Thanks for the idea!

sophie
01-04-2010, 10:48 AM
b- two eggs and a V8
l - a big greed salad with a sprinkle of feta
s- yogourt with leftover cranberry sauce made with splenda
d - tuna salad with tomato,cucumber, radishes

just came back from a 45 minute walk at the mall. Luck I have one only 10 minutes away by car.
take care
Sophie
off to shower

KO
01-04-2010, 11:05 AM
M1
Southwestern Breakfast Casserole (adapted from Kalyn's)
M2
pepper slices and 2 tbsp hummus
M3
Ham and cheese flaxwich
M4
17 pepperoni and string cheese
M5 Meatball and white bean stew (S&S was out of italian turkey sausage)
M6
Jello cup with Whipped cream

RHP9
01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
hey everyone! i am new to 3fc and new to the south beach diet.. today starts my day 4 of phase 1! i am so glad i found this site because you guys r going to be great in helping me find a new me for 2010! any suggestions on this first phase? thanks so much !

DogMomNP
01-04-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm starting out in phase 2 for 2 reasons: I have approx 10 lbs to lose and also because I don't want to throw out my breakfast items....I am lousy @ throwing food out.
:)

B: Oatmeal (not instant)
S: Banana (my 1 fruit of the day), veggie sausage
L: Veggie burger w/ cottage cheese, a few carrots, dip
S: Cheese stick
D: Salad
Dessert: sugar free, diet hot cocoa

murphmitch
01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Phase 1.5

B:Scrambled eggs, V8
L: Salmon, huge salad, Greek yogurt, RF cheese stick
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
D: Leftover taco bake, carrots & hummus
S: Probably ricotta creme with almond butter :T

Shimmy Slim
01-04-2010, 09:16 PM
I've been on-plan all day, despite doling out Christmas chocolate to my little boy. First day of phase 1.

B: scrambled eggs with chilli. (Should have had veg juice, but forgot to buy it.)
L: chicken salad
S: 30g mixed nuts, glass skimmed milk
D: steak, balsamic vinegar sauce, roasted artichokes; almond quark creme for dessert.

Loads of water and only a little Pepsi MAX. A great day!

cannotstandpics
01-04-2010, 09:30 PM
B-low fat american cheese and spiced peanuts
L- chicken salad, cucumber, celery, and cheese stick
S- Wasabi peas
D- top round roast beef, cheese stick, roasted peppers (all together over a bed of greens) with lite italian dressing
D- sugar-free popsicle

Day one of Phase one.....here goes! Gained 50 lbs from medications...goes on easy, but so hard to get off. I am glad I have found this site...thanks!:)

smith1313
01-04-2010, 11:11 PM
B-1.5 poached egg with 2 canadian bacon
L-veggies with cottage cheese, boiled egg
S-cheese stick, herb cheese spread with celery
D-large salad, roasted salmon, green beans
S-peanuts, seasalt

Heidi58
01-05-2010, 07:07 AM
Phase 2

B - v8 and oatmeal
S - yogurt
L - broccoli cheese soup, SF jello
S - red peppers & hommus
D - white chili and a green salad
Italian creme soda sometime this evening

Snowshoes after school. :D I should do the short pilates DVD this evening, too.

CyndiM
01-05-2010, 07:13 AM

B: 5 grain hot cereal with walnuts & frozen blueberries (courtesy of my late fall CSA)
S: hummus & carrots
L: leftover lentil soup or chili
S: veggie soup
D: the navy bean collard soup I planned but didn't make yesterday

Exercise: 30 minutes cardio (more if I can), probably treadmill, Wii Fit yoga, 10 minute arms, 10 minute core

Mmckellen
01-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Yesterday was day 1 on Phase 1:
B- 2 hard boiled eggs with 1.5 tblsp. reduced fat mayo and 1 tblsp. reduced fat bacon bits on celery
S-1 cup non fat Greek yogurt
L-1 cup organic lentil soup, 2 turkey and lacy swiss "sandwiches" with lettuce as bread and 1.5 tblsp. reduced fat mayo and broccoli sprouts
S-15 almonds
S-3/4 cup reduced fat cottage cheese with 2 tblsp. meditteranean spicy veggies in tomato sauce
D-rinsed sauteed beef with zuccini, tomatoes, onions, chick peas and garlic

Today I plan pretty much the same but dinner will be grilled chicken breasts with sauteed spinach and mushrooms.

cottagebythesea
01-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Phase 1.5

B. oatmeal soaked in unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze with blueberries and a few walnuts
L. vegetable bean soup, clementine
S. yogurt
D. Vegetable and tofu stir-fry
S. baked apple (if needed, I was able to skip it last night)

jenne1017
01-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Mmckellen -- watch the mayo intake! Also check to be sure that your RF mayo doesn't have added sugars. I know a lot of chicks recommend you use regular mayo an cut down the usage of it. don't want you to stall! And what is "rinsed" beef? Sounds interesting! Oh and, GO BROOKLYN :)

I am at a loss today for food :( DW left dinner on the stove lsat night and never put it away (then said she wasn't to blame -- she came home from the pool and ate late, how is it MY responsibility to put the food away?????). Anyway, so I have stuff for a salad but no proteins and no real stores around to grab some short cuts or something. I need to buy gladware too...ugh!

B: cottage chesse with S&P, coffee
S: cheese stick and turkey pepp
L: lettuce, cucumber, yellow bell pepper and ???
S: ????
D: polish lite kielbasa and sauerkraut with a salad

Mmckellen
01-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Hey Jenn! Yes, I know I have to watch the mayo. It is Hellman's reduced fat and doesn't seem to have any added sugar. I just love mayo...this morning I used a bit less in my egg salad.

"Rinsed" beef is a trick I learned from the Tightwad Gazette to reduce the fat content of ground beef. Essentially you cook the ground meat until done, then strain it in a strainer. Put a cup of warm water in the pan you cooked it in and pour it over the beef, repeat. This takes away a significant amount of the fat, and if you are mixing the beef with anything else you don't really notice.

sophie
01-05-2010, 10:55 AM
phase 1.5

b - 2 nessa bars, 1/2 banana
l - black bean pumpkin soup
s - 1/2 cup yogurt with 10 almonds
d - chicken breast, brussel sprouts and small salad
s - 1/2 glass almond milk and 1/2 apple

walk for 30 minutes

take care
Sophie

KO
01-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Hi Ladies
Ph 1.5
M1 Breakfast Casserole
M2 1/3 cucumber with hummus
M3 The veggies from last nights stew with 17 pieces pepperoni and a string cheese
M4 1 serving mixed nuts
M5 The stew augmented with Turkey burger
m6 sf Jello cup with whipped cream

zeffryn
01-05-2010, 08:58 PM
First day of P1 for me.

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, sauteed spinach with garlic and fresh nutmeg; plain almond milk
Lunch: homemade sugar free spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash; water
snack: mozz. string cheese; water
dinner: white chili; water
if I feel like another snack, i'll make some sugar free jello.

I need more veggies, I know. We just got home from our three week vacation and drove across the country. Today was hectic trying to restock the house with stuff and try to put everything away. Tomorrow will be better.

murphmitch
01-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi Zeff!

Phase 1.5

B: Oatmeal, V8
L: Deli turkey, RF cheese stick, milk, carrots, hummus
D: Marinated pork chop, sweet potato, roasted zucchini & grape tomatoes

Heidi58
01-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Phase 2

B - oatmeal, v8
S - yogurt
L - broccoli cheese soup
S - red pepper and hommus
D - chicken and steamed veggies
SF hot cocoa at some point this evening

Wild day, with meetings after school and youth group tonight. No time for snowshoes, but I'll get at least a little time on the treadmill in.

CyndiM
01-06-2010, 07:09 AM

B: leftover vegetable chili
S: orange, if I need one
L: lentil walnut burger, curried butternut soup
S: lentil sprouts
D: huevos rancheros over spinach, no cheese or tortilla; sprouted quinoa tabouli

exercise - light day because I'm going out with co-workers after work. 20 minutes Wii yoga/strength before work, 10 minute abs, 30 minutes Wii aerobic, yoga & strength. I'm going to try to squeeze a walk in somewhere if it's warm enough

Mmckellen
01-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Phase 1 - planned for today
B-2 hardboiled eggs with 1 tbsp. reduced fat mayo, 1 tbsp. reduced fat bacon bits, broccoli sprouts and celery
S-non fat greek plain yogurt
L-1/2 cup fat free refried beans with reduced fat cheese and hot sauce, pickle, lacy swiss and turkey slices, lettuce leaves, broccoli sprouts and a bit of mayo to make lettuce wraps
S-15 tamari almonds
S-1/2 cup reduced fat cottage cheese with hot sauce and eggplant caponata
D-chicken sausage with smashed chickpeas and roasted cauliflower

I usually have 2 snacks between lunch and dinner, and nothing after dinner. First weigh in is on Monday...I've been peeing like a racehorse.

cottagebythesea
01-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Phase 1.5

B. oatmeal soaked in unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze w/blueberries & a few walnuts
L. vegetable bean soup and a clementine
S. raw veggies and string cheese
D. spaghetti squash w/ mushroom marinara
S. yogurt with agave nectar and toasted almonds

zeffryn
01-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Phase 1
B: poached eggs and garlic sauteed spinach (I've been looking forward to this!), coffee
L: "sandwiches" with lettuce as the bread
S:
D: pork tenderloin, mashed cauliflower, brussels sprouts, salad
S: crustless yogurt pie

sophie
01-06-2010, 10:27 AM
phase 2

b - fibre one with half a banana
l - black bean pumpkin soup
s - yougurt with cranberry sauce
s - parmesan tilapia with nutty brussel sprouts and a salad
s - pumpernickel bread with teaspoon of peanut butter.

no time to walk this morning, too many things to take care of. Maybe tonight

jenne1017
01-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Meh, this bites. Well, bite may not be the best word but you catch my drift! It's hard to stay OP and be able to eat after tooth work!

B: yogurt and V-8
L: vegetarian beans with cheese, guac and some salsa (I need to START chewing!) and a salad if I can bare it!
S: I may go get another V-8 and some nuts if I can chew by then
D: depends: I am going to the gym with DW for her swim class. If I can chew, I was thinking of a "stir fry" with those noodles and some lean beef or maybe just a huge salad. All depends..

Shimmy Slim
01-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Phase 1.

B: egg muffins, salsa, tomato juice
L: small chicken salad
S: non-fat plain yoghurt with a spoonful of splenda and a drop of almond extract
D: vegetable moussaka, steamed broccoli tossed with chilli flakes and garlic. Followed by a peanut butter quark cream dessert.

Yummy! Am very proud of having another OP day!!

Heidi58
01-07-2010, 07:37 AM
:D Nice work, Shimmy Slim!

P2

B -V8, cheese stick
S - yogurt
L - white chili, sf jello and another v8
S - sf PB cookie and SF cocoa (bribing my friend to snowshoe w/ me again :D)
D - salmon, steamed broccoli and carrots, salad
A milky drink sometime during the evening. I'm getting hooked on those Italian cream sodas....

CyndiM
01-07-2010, 08:28 AM
1.5 :)

B: sweet potato hash browns, egg, refried beans and salsa (I started without the salsa but had to have it)
S: lentil sprouts (much tastier than they sound ;) )
L: leftover veggie chili
S:veggie soup if I'm having dinner out, applesauce if eating at home
D: either http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/crockpot-slow-cooker-phase-i/184591-what-dal.html if i eat at home, or a Greek salad with hummus if I eat out
glass of wine

exercise - 30 minutes Wii yoga & strength (already done), 10 minute arms, snow shoeing

Schoolnick
01-07-2010, 08:41 AM
R u doing Atkins or South Beach? I'm new to this website

Schoolnick
01-07-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm new to this site.....is everyone doing Atkins, south beach or their own variation of food plans?

cottagebythesea
01-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Phase 1.5

B. oatmeal soaked in unsweetened almond milk with chopped apple & walnuts
L. leftover spaghetti squash w/marinara & mushrooms over green salad
S. yogurt
snack #2 (if needed, I'll be getting home to a late supper) string cheese, grape tomatoes, baby carrots
D. chana masala with a dab of Greek yogurt over baby spinach

cottagebythesea
01-07-2010, 08:46 AM
I'm new to this site.....is everyone doing Atkins, south beach or their own variation of food plans?

This thread is part of the South Beach Diet forum, so we're all doing SBD. You're welcome to join us if you are following this plan. :)

Lexxiss
01-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Schoolnick, Welcome! You have posted on the South Beach Diet thread. Here is a link to 3FC diet central http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/#diet-central. You can post an introduction there, and also peruse the many diet plans which the many members follow. In addition to specific diets, there are lots of age based, faith baised and special interest groups.

Best wishes!

sophie
01-07-2010, 10:32 AM
phase 2

b - 2 pieces of Nessa's bar, coffee
l - black bean pumpkin soup (made lots of it)
s - yougurt with walnuts and splenda
s - salmon, brown rice, broccoli and salad
s - half apple with peanut butter.

going to local community center to find out more about their walking club.
take care
Sophie

zeffryn
01-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Phase 1:

B: Breakfast casserole (turkey bacon, eggs, veggies); coffee; unsweetened plain soy milk
L: tuna lettuce wrap, hummus with bell peppers and celery; water
S: maybe more hummus and veg or a string cheese;water
D:pork tenderloin, mashed cauliflower, brussel sprouts; water
S: PB cup

I'm proud of myself. Last night, we were running errands and they ended up going longer than we expected so we went out to eat....to my favorite pizza place. I got a huge salad filled with spinach and romaine, broccoli, artichokes, tomatoes, peppers and onions. It comes with a side "pizza" with cheese, roasted garlic and caramelized onions (so good) and I immediately gave it to my son so I wouldn't be tempted. Cutting my other son's chicken was about the hardest thing ever because I always snag a bite or two, but had to resist this time (it smelled so good!). I did eat his leftover broccoli that was steamed and plain. The one downfall was I ate a pepperoni from DH's pizza, it gave me the taste of that pizza that I love so much but I didn't have to actually have a piece. Much better than just throwing caution to the wind and eating an entire piece, I guess. The salad was good, but I was hungry soon after and had a "pb cup" and a cheesestick. I was in the mood to snack, so eventually I just went to bed.

murphmitch
01-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Phase 1.5

B: Scrambled eggs, V8
L: Pink salmon, RF cheese, huge veggie salad, Greek yogurt
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
D: Turkey, RF cheese, carrots
S: Mocha ricotta creme with almond butter

jenne1017
01-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Ph 1

B: yogurt & coffee
S: edemame
L: cheese & broccoli and a salad
S: cheese stick
D: "stir fry"
D: Was not on the REAL plan but my Dr Approved one so I won't post it. Heh.

Heidi58
01-08-2010, 07:00 AM
phase 2

B - oatmeal & V8
S - yogurt
L - white chili
S - almonds & v8 for the drive to MA
D - grilled chicken or fish with veggies, I'll stop on the road.
I'll have my SF hot cocoa when I get to my mom's. :)

Exercise - it's not looking good for today. :(

Mmckellen
01-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Yesterday was:
B-egg salad w/bacon bits and broccoli sprouts on celery
S-missed snack because I was all caught up in booking our trip to the BEACH
L-ff refried beans with cheese and hot sauce, turkey and cheese 'sandwich' with lettuce as bread
S-15 tamari almonds and cup of non fat greek yogurt
D-salad with chopped chicken, broccoli sprouts and green goddess dressing
S-cottage cheese w/caponata and hot sauce

Today will be:
B-egg salad again w/sprouts and celery
S-non fat greek yogurt
L-not sure. May go out, if so will have turkey burger with cheese and pickles (no bun obviously) and side salad with a little blue cheese dressing; if not, will have insides of low fat gyro sandwich (throw away pita)
S-15 tamari almonds
D-steak with roasted chickpeas and broccoli

CyndiM
01-08-2010, 08:12 AM
1.5 modified (realized I should note that I am modifying SBD for a couple of weeks. I'm doing an elimination diet to deal with inflammation issues. Dairy is notably missing from my plan this week).

B: 1/2 serving of veggie chili, egg (no time to fuss huevos rancheros ;) )
S: lentil sprouts
L: butternut soup, http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-2/189564-lentil-walnut-burgers.html w/1 t veganaise and tomato slices
S: apple & pb
D: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-2/116243-vegetarian-garbanzo-burgers.html#post3071003, sweet potato fries, sauteed cabbage

exercise - might vary based on PT recommendations this morning
treadmill & elliptical - 1 hr, Wii yoga & strength - 30m, 10 minute arms, 10 minute abs if allowed

jenne1017
01-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Ph 1
B: yogurt with almonds and coffee
L: leftover "stir fry" from last night Shiratake experiment
S: either more yogurt or some turkey pepperoni
D: Spaghetti Squash (maybe the deep dish pizza recipe)

So a couple of points news:

:broc:I bought some sugar-free fiber tablets last night. Not too bad and they've worked to help get things moving!

Going to the gym tomorrow. Which means no exercise but about a mile walk each day :rollpin:

Starting my second week of Phase 1...can't wait for Phase 2!

I had more but my brain is mush...and I can't remember the important things I wanted to say. Aww p00p!

cottagebythesea
01-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Phase 1.5 for me again today.

B. Oatmeal cooked with chopped apple & few walnuts
L. Chef salad made with vegan "tur-ky", (no cheese), very light drizzle of Ken's Light Northern Italian dressing, yogurt w/agave nectar & toasted almonds
S. clementine
D. Mushroom alfredo sauce over spaghetti squash
S. Maybe a SF pudding w/FF Cool Whip if I feel I want something

Ruthxxx
01-08-2010, 03:26 PM
B. 3 Ryvita with 2 Laughing cow wedges, a tangerine
L. Soup (mainly beans, meat and cabbage), pesto, wheat thins
S. Warm milk with some sf hot chocolate mix
D. Stir fried shrimp and peppers over ****ataki noodles, apple

sophie
01-08-2010, 05:31 PM
b - 2 nessa bars, 1/2 banana
l - black bean soup, slice of pumpernickel bread
s - 1 oz rf cheese and apple
supper - jambalaya with brown rice
s - glass of wine and the other half of apple with teaspoon of peanut butter

walked for 30 minutes today

CyndiM
01-09-2010, 09:16 AM
1.5 modified for elimination diet

B: 1/2 serving veggie chili with poached egg
S: apple & PB
L: leftover butternut soup & lentil walnut burger
D: hippie loaf and squash pie unless I get lazy ;)

Exercise: 30 minutes bike, 30 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes yoga on the Wii, 10 minute arms, 10 minute abs

murphmitch
01-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Phase II

B: Oatmeal, V8
L: Deli turkey, RF cheese stick, carrots, hummus
S: Skinny hazelnut latte
D: Chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, zucchini with a little grated cheese on top.
S: Mocha ricotta creme

sophie
01-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Phase 2

B - 2 eggs and pumpernickel bread
l - shrimp, avocado and tomato salad
s - yogurt with splenda and walnuts
s - jambalya, glass of wine
s - apple

Artemis__
01-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Ph 1.5

B- hummus and half of a multi seed wholegrain pita
L- Black bean soup (think it's a kalyn recipe), with a small prawn salad as I missed my veggies at breakfast (lack of planning and slept in late)
S1- walnuts
D- steak with portabella mushrooms and the rest of the prawn salad
S2-2 laughing cow and celery

cottagebythesea
01-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Phase 2 today -

B. 2 poached eggs on 2 slices WW toast, sliced tomato
L. big salad with a vegan tur-ky patty, TJ's Goddess dressing
S. Lite & Fit yogurt
D. Pumpkin & Cannellini Bean soup
S. SF dark chocolate mousse

jenne1017
01-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Ph1
B: yogurt, V8
L: veggie burgers (2), fets, sundried tomatoes
S: salad
D: Spaghetti Squash Deep dish

Mmckellen
01-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Today:
B: egg salad on celery with sprouts and bacon bits, salad with goddess dressing
L: turkey and cheese lettuce "sandwiches"; cheese stick w/2 pieces salami
S: 15 almonds and a cheese stick
S: non fat yogurt with caponata, pickle, 2 pcs. salami
D: grilled chicken breast with roasted grape toms, green and yellow squash, chick peas

zeffryn
01-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Today I had a scheduled off-plan day. I am tempted to try to stretch my son's birthday out a few days to use that as an excuse to nibble on a little of this and a little of that, but I will not.

Tomorrow will be on plan as usual.
P1
B: Spinach frittata; skim milk; coffee
L: spaghetti squash "pizza", salad (spinach, romaine, broccoli, tomato, red onion, cucumber 1 T. slivered almonds, 1/2 T. olive oil, balsamic vinegar); water
S: crustless yogurt pie
D:curry peanut meatballs, stir-fried vegetables (broccoli, red bell peppers, onions), cabbage "rice"; water

CyndiM
01-10-2010, 08:03 AM
1.5 modified for elimination diet

B: 1/2 serving veggie chili with poached egg
S: apple & PB
L: leftover dal over steamed cabbage
D: Italian cannelini bean soup loaded with veggies, sauteed bok choi

Exercise: 60m treadmill, 30 minutes yoga on the Wii, 10 minute abs

Mmckellen
01-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Today is Sunday, and I've go to to plan this out because I'll be at a party where I'm sure there will be temptations:

B-egg salad with bacon bits and broccoli sprouts on lettuce (ran out of celery)
S-refried beans with reduced fat cheese and salsa
The party is at 1pm so I'm sure there will be lunch style food etc. I'll just focus on meats and cheese and crudites
May or may not have an afternoon snack, depends on how late the party goes and how much I eat.
D- I'm thinking about making the spagetti squash casserole, sounds delish, with some slices of ham instead of turkey pepperoni.

Ladies, thank you so much for all your support this past week!

jenne1017
01-10-2010, 09:54 AM
B eggs and V8
S cheese stick
L deep dish spaghetti
S fried zucchini
D refriend beans wil guac and salsa on a bed of lettuce

cottagebythesea
01-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Phase 1.5

B. oatmeal soaked in almond milk with chopped mango & walnuts :drool:
L. cup of pumpkin cannellini soup and vegetarian taco bake
S. I'm not sure I'll have a snack since I'm so full from lunch, but a yogurt if I feel the urge
D. Baked tofu and broccoli/cauliflower gratin
S. SBD peanut butter cup

murphmitch
01-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Phase II

B: V8, string cheese, coffee
L: Veggie omelet, fruit cup (Went out for brunch)
S: Greek yogurt
D: Some sort of chicken, cauliflower
S: Almond butter

I starting into my second year of eating SB today! :carrot: My how time flies!

Heidi58
01-10-2010, 03:08 PM
phase 2

B - v8 and almonds
L - salmon & green beans
S - yogurt
D - chicken vegetable soup, ww crackers, some sort of milky beverage :D
hot cocoa this evening

Too cold to snowshoe, so I'll hit the treadmill and do the pilates/stretching dvd

rdw1
01-10-2010, 04:37 PM
modified p2 for gluten free
B: coffee with vanilla and rice milk
S: leftover Veggie "spaghetti"
L: fresh salsa with a 28g tortilla chips 20g cheese
S: hummus with veggies
D: wild rice asparagus risotto salad

I just started drinking my water for the day... I will try for more tomorrow when I start earlier- but for today 60oz is my goal!

sophie
01-10-2010, 06:52 PM
phase 2

b - fibre one with 1/2 banana
l - open sandwich on pumpernickel bread with slice of ham and tomoto
s - yougurt with homemade cranberry sauce
s - roast beef,salad, brussel sprouts and homemade french fries for the rest of the family
s - half apple if I need it

getting_smaller
01-10-2010, 08:29 PM
B- eggs with canadian bacon
S-Atkins chocolate shake
L-romaine with salsa and turkey breast
s-.5 apple and celery with peanut butter
D-roasted chicken and zucchini