General Diet Plans and Questions - Cookie Dieters Chat January 2010

View Full Version : Cookie Dieters Chat January 2010

ShootingStar
01-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Hello Cookie Dieters :wave:

I know you're out there! There are threads here and there, but we need a central place to discuss all things pertaining to the cookie diet of our choice. That could be Dr. Siegal, Hollywood, Smart for Life etc. I will be ordering Dr. S. product tomorrow, along with his book. I have done my research, checked the reviews on Amazon and elsewhere, and feel like I'm making a good choice for ME. I will also be discussing it with my Dr. this week as I have an appt. anyway. For me, at this point, I need something that I don't have to obsess over all day. No counting over and over, or fretting when I've gone over for the day and thinking I can just start over tomorrow. Funny how "tomorrow" gets farther and farther away...

I hope we can make a go of this thread, I look forward to seeing successes, however they may be measured :D

Kit Cat Meow
01-04-2010, 02:36 AM
I just posted something over on "does it work" thread but will post here too. I've been using the Smart for Life cookies on/off since Sept. I lost 25 lbs but regained 5 during the holidays (was eating other cookies :D). January 1st I went back on, determined to get through a whole year of dieting/exercise to get to my goal weight.

Today, I went up to Costso.com to order my next round of cookies - I just buy cookies not the other stuff - and decided to see if I could make my own. I came up with a pretty good recipe that uses almost all of the SFL ingredients - I had to substitue one and left out one other. My cookies are pretty near the same nutritional value (few less calories, way less sodium, same fat, 2 grams more of carbs, 1 gram more of protein) and I think they taste a little better (I made oatmeal)...I'm very excited since they will only cost $1.50 per day instead of over $7 at Costco. I have enough made for 8 days so I'll report back any success in a week. They were super simple to make and I'm already thinking of ways to add flavor variety.

What I did learn through this process, though, is that these cookies, both SFL and mine, are lacking nutrients so anyone one this type of diet should really consider vitamin supplements.

cathydoe
01-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Kim you are so brave to start this thread! I have been on here since November 2009 and one of my fears is that someone on 3FC will judge my program of choice. Actually it has already been done. BUT that was yesterday and today is today.

What do I know today? There are so many choices out in the world of food that I get overwhelmed and obsessed with food. For today I can work on one meal and making healthy choices. One meal. I can do that. In the beginning all I could do was EAT one meal and eat what I wanted.

What am I learning? It is okay to be hungry. I can wait. I can make healthy choices for ME. The idea I can eat what I want when I want is not true for me.

Sunny Side Up
01-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi, I did about one week on the diet in Dec...but I am starting now for real. I also researched, checked reviews, etc and for me, this seems like the right way to start. I know two people who lost a significant (100lbs) amount of weight on the cookie diet and while it is not a long term way of eating, it is a great method of re-setting my eating plan.

Kit Cat, I am very interested in the recipie you came up with. I really enjoy home made anything much more than store bought! Please share!

kerbear1969
01-04-2010, 06:05 PM
What is the deal with that you eat 1-2 cookies for breakfast and lunch then a sensable dinner? What about the shakes in place of the cookies anyone ever tried that? Just curious to see how it worked.

ShootingStar
01-04-2010, 07:23 PM
What do I know today? There are so many choices out in the world of food that I get overwhelmed and obsessed with food. For today I can work on one meal and making healthy choices. One meal. I can do that. In the beginning all I could do was EAT one meal and eat what I wanted.

What am I learning? It is okay to be hungry. I can wait. I can make healthy choices for ME. The idea I can eat what I want when I want is not true for me.

Excellent statement Cathy. That will also be my mantra. It's ok to be hungry, it's ok to be hungry... Think of the tummy growls as little fat gobblers. :hyper:

Welcome all, if we stick together, we will suceed with our :cookie: plan. It does not matter what other people think. As long as you feel good, and there are no objections from you health care provider, follow your plan.

I work in an office, and it will not be too hard for me. I take my lunch late anyway, and it's easy to avoid the breakroom. The smells may get to me, but I will have my :cookie: and my Crystal Light. The office is big enough too so that it's not a small clique bringing goodies every day and knowing whether you try them or not.

KERBEAR: I have tried the shakes, but I would still want to CHEW something. If it sounds like something you'd like, go for it. Perhaps mix it up, :cookie: and shake. Dr. S has shakes available along with the :cookie: Let us know how you do.

Best Wishes everyone, now I'm off to peruse the rest of the site.

shinylizard
01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Hi there! I've obsessed so much about food all my life that my degree is in restaurant management. :)

I'm having partial knee replacement this month, so the cookie diet greatly appeals to me while waiting for recovery, as any activities below the waist hurt. I've been looking for online support, as I've been doing the cookie diet (not as well as I should) for almost a week.

Yes, you can substitute anything for a cookie, but as a person who loves sweets & convenience, this diet really appeals to me. As someone earlier stated, we all know how to eat correctly, but get sidetracked by all the choices out there.

Costco has a great deal now on the 42 day cookie plan right now. I'm not a shake person at all, and am gonna try to work half of a Dr Melina bar in place of a cookie, as it's cheaper w/about the same nutrition. Will report on that.

Glad I found this forum, and hope to be & get some good support as I lose!
Rhonda

ShootingStar
01-05-2010, 08:56 AM
My :cookie: from Dr. S are on their way :carrot:
WELCOME RHONDA! We have a lizard at our house, he is a Mali Uromastyx and his name is Scrabbles. He is a sweetie (for a reptile).

Eek! time to get ready for work. Have a great day everyone.

nmycoma
01-05-2010, 11:36 AM
I just started the Dr. S. cookie diet today. In the long run I would like to lose about 100lbs. I seem to do alot better with dieting when I am on a structured plan so I hope that this will work. I had previously lost 70lbs but then life got in the way (had some deaths in the family) and now I am right back to where I started. I am hoping that with this turn that I will be able to get my weight back under control and start exercising and make this a life change. Glad I found this forum. Hopefully we can all be a ray of support for each other

cathydoe
01-05-2010, 12:18 PM
A big surprise to me was that no one really paid attention to what I was eating. I bring my cookies with me wherever I go and when it is time I have a cookie (I try to stick to 8-10-12-2-4). My dh and I used to eat out for lunch and dinner. He always brought my lunch to work and we would eat together. I do miss the time with him and we are working on ways to be able to spend more lunch times together. I have been working from home a lot lately so he comes home - which is great!

Many times over the past weeks I have traded a cookie for something 100-150 calories. Sometimes if we have leftovers I will substitute to get rid of the food. I still have this idea I don't want to waste food...of course I think it is a joke or a lie I tell myself...cuz I sure will let fruit or veggies rot in the fridge and not worry about eating them :P Honestly though, trading a :cookie: for something else has taught me lessons. I'll talk about that another time!

shinylizard
01-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Cathydoe-I'm doing the 8-10-12-2-4 time too. I find the even hours make it easier to remember to eat. Yeah, like *that's* ever been a problem... :)

I've been trying to sub in a few mini-meals when I'm home as well, a little greek yogurt with berries, or a small plate of something. I figure I won't be eating these cookies forever, so I can try subbing mini-meals in, because I hate to waste food as well. I don't know if I'm destined to have just mini-meals during the day, but right now I'm working really hard on forgiving myself if I do fall off. I find on the cookie diet that 'getting back on the horse' is MUCH easier than on other diets.

nmycoma
01-05-2010, 06:13 PM
so i just started today and i didn't realize how difficult this would be....the cookies aren't great but maybe i need to just getting used to only eating these cookies...any tips from anyone currently doing the diet?

kerbear1969
01-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Thanks for responding to my questions. I found two different websites for the cookie diet one is Dr S and one is SFL not sure if they are both the same or not.
Also do you eat the cookies every two hours and then a sensable dinner? What if you substitute the shakes that is the same as two cookies right? What kind of dinner should you eat?
Sorry for all the questions just want to be knowledgeable before i get going!!!'
Thanks so much.

cathydoe
01-06-2010, 10:29 AM
nmycoma I like the cookies. I have the SFL cookies. I am not a raisin person and I thought I wouldn't like the oatmeal raisin...but there are these little crunchy things in the cookie that I love! And lets face it...raisins are few and far :) Yeah! And if you put the chocolate ones in the micro for 10 seconds... Holy buckets! <big grin>

kerbear1969 my cookies from SFL came with instructions...I don't do the shakes cuz it counts for 2 cookies (I'd rather eat 2 cookies!) The directions even suggest options for dinner. I think there may even be some do's and don'ts

nmycoma when I 1st started this was very very very hard! I was hungry. I wanted to eat! I just kept saying to myself that I get to eat in 2 hours... now it is funny cuz I find myself enjoying or savoring what I eat...like I have slowed down and I want to relax as I eat and I don't want to be on the computer while I eat...I just want to eat what I am eating and enjoy it. A very weird thing for me!

nmycoma
01-06-2010, 11:06 AM
cathy--thanks for the reply...i will try warming them up and see if it makes them any better...lol...i am just going to keep pushing and hopefully i will get there

catowned
01-06-2010, 12:48 PM
You can microwave the cookies for a short time. That makes them a little easier to get down.

nmycoma
01-06-2010, 10:45 PM
tried microwaving them today and that worked a little better...hopefully this will make this change a little easier

faith2lose
01-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Good Morning All,

Can I join in? I am so excited...I just got my order last night SO today is the big start day.

cathydoe
01-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Sure Faith...welcome...what brand did you get?

nmycoma...I am worried about you! You don't like the cookies and that is NOT a good thing. I couldn't eat anything I don't like...hummmmm.

shinylizard
01-07-2010, 05:06 PM
I just tried subbing in Dr Melina bars for two cookies at 8 and 10. While they're very good bars, I've gotta say, between those, SFL & Dr S, I REALLY like the texture of the SFL the best. They're dry, and so I get that water in right away so they can expand & fill me up. I think I'm gonna order one or two of those Costco 42 day packs and fill it in with some Lean Cuisines.

cathydoe
01-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Sounds good shinylizard...I thought costco had the Dr S...

lemondrplvr
01-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Hey all,

I've been on Dr. Siegal's Cookie Diet since the 13th of December. I haven’t followed it as closely as I should but have lost 13lbs thus far. The oatmeal and chocolate cookies do not taste bad at all, however the banana are GROSS!!! I don't eat all my cookies every day, just when I'm hungry. They are not magic cookies just help you eat less calories during the day. Feel free to read my blog regarding the diet and I'll be sure to post on here as well!!

nmycoma
01-07-2010, 09:28 PM
cathy--thanks for checking up on me...did pretty good today....if i microwave them they aren't horrible (lol)...i think it is more of just me getting used to them...but i WILL succeed!!! hopefully, now that i found this website, the support will be incredibly helpful. today was a much better day then the first two i must say. I did notice today that I wasn't as hungry so I'm sure my body is adjusting...again...thanks for checkin in on me

ShootingStar
01-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Good evening everyone! I sure hope my package arrives tomorrow. It was shipped late Monday or on Tuesday fed-ex ground and has to go all the way from Florida to Utah, so...

Kerbear: don't be sorry for your questions! I think it's great, we need all the help we can get.

Cathy: thanks again for making me think.

nmycoma: welcome to the "coop"

shiny: gotta love that greek yogurt!

Keep at it everyone, and I should be joining you by Saturday :cookie:

nmycoma
01-07-2010, 09:29 PM
oops...and welcome faith!!!

cathydoe
01-07-2010, 09:53 PM
I checked out the costco website...and on the SFL website you get something like buy 4 weeks get one free...I really wouldn't want all that other stuff. IMO

Anyone taking a vitamin supplement? I was taking one from GNC but it has been discontinued :( So I am in the market for a new kind...cuz of my age I need calcium.

ShootingStar
01-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Cathy, do you have a Costco membership? Or perhaps they're online, the vitamins. I've been using the packets that include 1200 mg of calcium. 100 packets for less than $20.

Tami: Oh no! I just ordered the chocolate and the dreaded banana flavor :stress: I read somewhere else that someone said they were wonderful. Dang. I ordered 1 weeks worth of banana, 1 week of chocolate. I figured if I did well for two weeks, I'd order a month's worth.

Has anyone tried the blueberry flavor? I wish there was a variety pack with all the flavors.

shinylizard
01-08-2010, 12:37 AM
I forget Costco doesn't have nationwide specials. Here in the Seattle area, we have the 42 day SFL for $200 thing. Disregarding the shakes, soups, marinades and other fluff they include, you get 39 days of cookies/muffins. I divided that out, and if the muffins count like the cookies, it seemed the most economical way to get the product. So I ordered two.

Heh, minimal grocery shopping for 78 days certianly has its appeal!

faith2lose
01-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Thank you for the welcome...

Day 1 check...I have Dr. S brand and the first one was tough. I know its not a REAL oatmeal cookie:-) I must change my taste buds and my way of thinking. Right!! By the end of the day it was not so bad. I CAN DO THIS...I better since I bought enough for a month.

Repeat after me....I CAN DO THIS

shinylizard
01-08-2010, 11:11 AM
When I started, it was tough for me too. I am trying to be mindful about my meal of the day. Not "Thank goodness I get food" but "What food/portion would I eat if I were at my ideal weight?" The cookies are the temporary tool, how I choose my meals is my stumbing block. That and the sugar, but the cookies are taking care of that fairly well. I'm almost at my pre-holiday weight!

shinylizard
01-08-2010, 11:12 AM
And how do you ladies get that cute little weight thing in your sig? I found out how to generate the code for the slider, just not where to add it. Thanks!

lemondrplvr
01-08-2010, 12:54 PM
And how do you ladies get that cute little weight thing in your sig? I found out how to generate the code for the slider, just not where to add it. Thanks!

Shiny, you have to be a member for at least 20 days and have a min amount of posts before you can creat a signature. Post wise you're doing fine, just got to wait it out! P.S. Hi from Seattle!! :wave:

Tami: Oh no! I just ordered the chocolate and the dreaded banana flavor :stress: I read somewhere else that someone said they were wonderful. Dang. I ordered 1 weeks worth of banana, 1 week of chocolate. I figured if I did well for two weeks, I'd order a month's worth.

Has anyone tried the blueberry flavor? I wish there was a variety pack with all the flavors.

Kim, yeah I LOVE banana and they smell great but just don't taste right. Personally. You may like them, if so you're a freak LOL :joker: I just ordered my second round of 4 weeks which will include the blueberry and got a promo in my email to get a free box of shakes, so I ordered the Strawberry. They should be here in 5 or so business days! Will report on how they taste! :carrot:

cathydoe
01-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Hello! It is almost the weekend! After reading the posts I just realized that the two of you shinylizard & Tami are both from Seattle...how cool is that! I haven't ever been to the state of WA. I do watch grey's anatomy...isn't that based in Seattle? LOL

Today I need to look at my cookie stash to see how many I have left. I have been doing this since November and at some point I want to make a gradual switch to other foods...and I have been doing it here and there BUT I thought I might be ready, but I am not...my mind swims and the food choices overwhelm me...*deep breath*

Some of you talk about how you don't like the taste of the cookies. I am the weird one cuZ I like 'em! :) Of course banana? Ewwww I don't like banana flavoring AT ALL! I like to eat bananas and I like homemade banana bread...but banana flavoring...like in candy...ewwwwwwwwwww or even store bought muffins...nope...not a banana gal!

Hang in there faith2lose...keep us posted...take care everyone!

lemondrplvr
01-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Hello! It is almost the weekend! After reading the posts I just realized that the two of you shinylizard & Tami are both from Seattle...how cool is that! I haven't ever been to the state of WA. I do watch grey's anatomy...isn't that based in Seattle? LOL

Yup Grey's is based here, though sadly there is not a hospital right next to the Space Needle. The coolest thing about Grey's is you can see my office building a lot! lol I work in one of the high rises!

Today I need to look at my cookie stash to see how many I have left. I have been doing this since November and at some point I want to make a gradual switch to other foods...and I have been doing it here and there BUT I thought I might be ready, but I am not...my mind swims and the food choices overwhelm me...*deep breath*
I've decided I'm not going to switch totally back to regular foods till I reach my goal. Then and only then will I have the cookies as fillers or snacks. Don't rush yourself!!

Some of you talk about how you don't like the taste of the cookies. I am the weird one cuZ I like 'em! :) Of course banana? Ewwww I don't like banana flavoring AT ALL! I like to eat bananas and I like homemade banana bread...but banana flavoring...like in candy...ewwwwwwwwwww or even store bought muffins...nope...not a banana gal!
I like banana flavored candy, but these banana cookies taste nothing like real or imitation banana!!! It's bizarre

cathydoe
01-08-2010, 09:05 PM
I've decided I'm not going to switch totally back to regular foods till I reach my goal. Then and only then will I have the cookies as fillers or snacks. Don't rush yourself!!

Thank you for the comment to NOT RUSH MYSELF... that is one of my downfalls. I think I should have it all NOW and have it done perfectly. Duh! That is one of the reasons why I haven't lost weight successfully. Take it slow Cathy...one day at a time...one cookie at a time... In the big picture I have only been at this 2 months out of my 596 months here on earth...which is a dang small percentage!

Thanks again!

ShootingStar
01-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Where are my COOKIES?! I was so disappointed when I got home from work today and there was no package for me :tantrum: So Tami, it takes 5 business days to get to Seattle huh. How about one less day for Salt Lake City. That's what *I* think it should be. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow, that means after work on Monday.What can I do but wait though :shrug:

I'm having fun watching videos of Dr. S and people who have lost weight on the :cookie: diet. Check it out, especially the one called Mike and Juliet investigate the cookie diet. It has another doctor and a VERY skinny dietitian that both try to discredit the diet. "You need to have a big variety of foods" Yeah, sister, that's what got me to 235 lbs is a variety of foods!

Have a pleasant evening everyone :)

lemondrplvr
01-09-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm having fun watching videos of Dr. S and people who have lost weight on the :cookie: diet. Check it out, especially the one called Mike and Juliet investigate the cookie diet. It has another doctor and a VERY skinny dietitian that both try to discredit the diet. "You need to have a big variety of foods" Yeah, sister, that's what got me to 235 lbs is a variety of foods!

It's funny, in Dr. S' book he talks about that interview. You can tell how pissed off he is, it's hilarious!

Didn't they send you a tracking number for your cookies when you ordered them?? I'm anxious to see how you feel about the banana. I just took my first set of candid photos.. Yikes! I wish I had some from when I was 232, but starting photos at 218 isn't too shabby.

I was very bad tonight. There was a retirement party for a co-worker and I had a few (5: 1/2 beef kabob, 1 eggroll, 1 potsticker, 1 bacon wrapped scallop, garlic green beans and 1 chicken wing) appetizers and um.. 4 cocktails! lol Having my dinner now, gonna work out. We'll see how I fair on the scale tomorrow! :^:

faith2lose
01-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Well so far so good...Oatmeal not so bad, Chocolate yummy. We can do this!!

I contacted Dr S for the tracking number and they sent it to me withing the hour. I was impressed how quickly they responded.

For me the weekend is always the hardest so I will stay strong and eat my cookies....

skinny123
01-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi all,

I'm glad I found this forum. I've been thinking of starting a cookie diet and you've given me great motivation.

I wanted to know how hard the cookie is to bite into. I had a root canal recently and am still avoiding eating whole apples, raw carrots, etc... So before I ordered the cookies, I just wanted to know if they were hard or soft. And is there a difference in hardness between the Dr. S cookies and SFL cookies?

Thanks! :)

lemondrplvr
01-09-2010, 02:16 PM
I wanted to know how hard the cookie is to bite into. I had a root canal recently and am still avoiding eating whole apples, raw carrots, etc... So before I ordered the cookies, I just wanted to know if they were hard or soft. And is there a difference in hardness between the Dr. S cookies and SFL cookies?

Thanks! :)

They are SUPER soft, not hard at all. They are chewy though like a protein bar. Never had the SFL cookies, I opted to go with the original, Dr. S. Every one else is an imitator. ;)

shinylizard
01-09-2010, 04:59 PM
I second, to me the texture (of both, but esp SFL) is like a day-old muffin that wants to be dunked. You'll probably be fine, as long as you take a lot of water too, so crumbs don't get left.

I'm trying my first weekend on cookies. Had leftover Indian for breakfast (the BEST breakfast) so now it's cookies and tea all day. Its kind of a relief not having to make food choices. Must think about this more...

cathydoe
01-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Tami...u be nice! :)

Did you ever eat those Grandmas Cookies that came in the two pack that you could pick up at a convience store? That is how the texture is for the SFL cookies. BUT the oatmeal ones have crispie things in them...it reminds me of rice crispie cereal...Pop, Crack and Snap!

Sorry Kim your cookies haven't arrived...what did the tracking number say? My cookies took forever to come...even the 2nd order. I think for reorders I am going to allow for 10 days.

lemondrplvr
01-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Tami...u be nice! :)

Did you ever eat those Grandmas Cookies that came in the two pack that you could pick up at a convience store? That is how the texture is for the SFL cookies. BUT the oatmeal ones have crispie things in them...it reminds me of rice crispie cereal...Pop, Crack and Snap!

Sorry Kim your cookies haven't arrived...what did the tracking number say? My cookies took forever to come...even the 2nd order. I think for reorders I am going to allow for 10 days.

You mean Snap Crackle and Pop, Cathy? lol :twirly:

I just ordered my second batch on Friday and they were shipped today and are scheduled to be here the following Monday. It's unfortunately MLK Day and I'll be off work, so I'll finally get my new boxes on Tuesday. So 5 business days from Miami to Seattle. Not too shabby!

How is everyone doing on the diet? No one has posted anything recently, just wanting to follow up! I was a little bummed that I hadn't lost weight for the last 3 days, then this morning I was greeted by Aunt Flow! :censored: always ruins things!! LOL I'm ready for menopause! LOL

cathydoe
01-11-2010, 08:46 PM
You mean Snap Crackle and Pop, Cathy? lol :twirly:

I just ordered my second batch on Friday and they were shipped today and are scheduled to be here the following Monday. It's unfortunately MLK Day and I'll be off work, so I'll finally get my new boxes on Tuesday. So 5 business days from Miami to Seattle. Not too shabby!

How is everyone doing on the diet? No one has posted anything recently, just wanting to follow up! I was a little bummed that I hadn't lost weight for the last 3 days, then this morning I was greeted by Aunt Flow! :censored: always ruins things!! LOL I'm ready for menopause! LOL

LOL I knew it didn't sound right! See what happens when you get old!! And I am told that you really DON'T want menopause to hit...I'll be 50 this year so I think I am in it?? Who knows?

I get on the scale once a week and I was down 3 lbs (I think) Today I did have a 2 hard boiled eggs instead of a cookie. Sometimes I just feel like I need some protein.

Where is our gal that made the homemade cookies? I want the recipe AND I want to make sure she is okay...I am a worry wart :D

nmycoma
01-11-2010, 11:14 PM
hi everyone...just checkin in....so i started the cookie diet last tuesday....it was hard to get used to at first but i think im getting better....i figured it might take me a couple days to get used to it and it did. Yesterday was not a good day for me. We had people over for the arizona cardinal playoff game and some things got the best of me...but im ok with it. i know there are going to be temptations and days where i "fall off the wagon". The difference is now i am much more willing to get back on right away rather than just keep eating bad. So i will weigh myself tomorrow morning to see where i am at...but unfortunately aunt flow arrived for me as well on saturday..(darn it) hopefully it doesn't affect it too much. How much is a good goal per week for weight loss on the cookie diet? Hope everyone's weekend was great and hope to hear from all of you soon....i will update tomorrow on my progress!!!

ShootingStar
01-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Good morning all,
FedEx says my :cookie: should be delivered today! Dang, gotta go already, time to go earn the money. Good Day everyone

lemondrplvr
01-12-2010, 01:20 PM
How much is a good goal per week for weight loss on the cookie diet? Hope everyone's weekend was great and hope to hear from all of you soon....i will update tomorrow on my progress!!!

First off, Welcome nmycoma! :wave: Dr Siegal's site says appx 10 lbs a week. I've kind of hit a wall with my dieting. I've only lost 14 lbs in a month. I haven't been as good as I should, and I don't eat the daily allotment of cookies anymore. Maybe that's my issue. I'm just not hungry enough to eat all 6! I'm thinking of going an purchasing a food scale so that I can weight out more carefully what a "portion" is. As of right now I've just been eyeballing it and guessing. Time to crack down and get this weight off!!

cathydoe
01-12-2010, 02:34 PM
I have lost an average of 3lbs a week...but I did gain 3 lbs from Christmas to New Years (there was about 10 days or so when I was gone from home) Not making excuses...just the facts... :) Of course I don't eat like the "diet" says for your one meal a day...I am really using the cookies as a meal replacement but doing my own thing...the story of me life... :) If you eat all 6 cookies it would be 600 calories...and then whatever you eat for dinner. That is the Smart for Life (SFL) cookies. As with anything...we are each different...so I would imagine the loosing will be different too.

ShootingStar
01-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Ooooh Cathy,
3 lbs a week sounds GREAT! Of course, 10 lbs sounds even better. Not too realistic past the first week though.

So, what about munching on the ol' carrot sticks and celery? Is that allowed? I still haven't received my package so I haven't had a chance to look at the book yet. I guess it's probably better to stick with just the :cookie: during the day. This past week has somehow seemed the longest of my life, waiting for that package ;) Well, I'll be able to order more next payday, and then I will be ahead in my supplies.

cathydoe
01-12-2010, 08:42 PM
It seemed to take FOREVER for mine to come at first. This afternoon I spent some time looking up calories and thinking about making some cookie swaps. I don't know...all the choices for 100 calories the cookies sound the best. So we will see...

ShootingStar
01-13-2010, 09:08 AM
:carrot: Fedex says my package has arrived in Salt Lake City as of last night. It left the facility early this morning. :carrot: That means I should see something waiting for me when I get home from work :carrot:

Ok, ok. that's enough dancing carrots for now.

Cathy: If the :cookie: keeps you satisfied, I'd stick with them. For me anyway, if I tweak things too much, it gets out of control and I get nuts figuring all the calories over and over in my head. If some variety help YOU though, go for it!

Good Day all:carrot: :dizzy:

cathydoe
01-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Cathy: If the :cookie: keeps you satisfied, I'd stick with them. For me anyway, if I tweak things too much, it gets out of control and I get nuts figuring all the calories over and over in my head. If some variety help YOU though, go for it!

Good Day all:carrot: :dizzy:

U know they do keep me satisfied. And I am with you...my head goes to swimming when I look at calories and what would be good and what wouldn't be good blah blah blah.

I think what has me looking for alternatives is I keep hearing what others have said...that you can't do this meal replacement thing forever - you need to learn to eat regular food blah blah blah...it is me listening to others instead of listening to me! I really am not bored with the cookies. I like them. What I need to remember is this: The race is over. I am living one day at a time. I can learn from today and make changes today.

Shooting Star I do have to tell you. When I 1st started I was not satisfied. Not sure if that is the correct word...I was hungry. And it was hard! So glad your cookies are very close to home! HOOT!

lemondrplvr
01-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Does anyone else's stomach talk to them. ALL DAY LONG?!? Hungry or not!? Maybe it's just my weird body, but it's funny to be sitting in the car and have the person say "did you hear that?" "Yeah it's just my temperamental stomach talking, it's pissed cause it's shrinking!" lol

faith2lose
01-14-2010, 07:51 AM
I have been on the cookie diet for 1 week with no cheats. I dont eat anything special for dinner just whatever I am cooking for hubby. I just dont over eat.
I just keep telling myself this is not forever and DONT listen to what other people say. I know for me its best to stick to the plan. NOTHING but my special cookie during the day. Tweaking is what got me where I am not. lol
I bought chocolate, blueberry and oatmeal so I have a differant flavor every day. I even get my mind in the game. "Oh yummy its time for another delishhhh cookie" lol Hey its working...lol

We CAN do this!!

ShootingStar
01-14-2010, 08:51 AM
YaY! Today is day #1. My :cookie: were waiting for me when I got home from work. My family members all went somewhere yesterday evening, so I got to open the package and look at my treasures in peace. I tried a bite of each, I got chocolate and banana. Yes, Tami, the banana ones. Like Dr. S. says, they're good,but not great. Oh, that man is FUNNY in his book.

Tami: What a great response to the growling innards! I'll have to remember that one.

Phyllis: Great attitude!

This morning was the first official weigh in. I'm going to set my goals for 15 lbs at a time. That's usually one clothes size. Have a great day everyone, and think :cookie:

lemondrplvr
01-14-2010, 12:25 PM
I bought chocolate, blueberry and oatmeal so I have a differant flavor every day.

Faith, how do the blueberry ones taste? I ordered them and they should be here on Tuesday. I'm hoping they taste better than the Banana!!

lemondrplvr
01-14-2010, 12:29 PM
So Kim, what did you think of the Banana ones? I'm not crazy, they really do taste gross huh?

P.s. It's Tami not Trish LOL

cathydoe
01-14-2010, 12:38 PM
LOL I wonder where she got Trish? Happy :cookie: ing ... I think we all have a great attitude here...and we must be strong and listen to ourselves and be honest with one another.

Shopaholic1204
01-14-2010, 02:06 PM
WHAT is the Cookie Diet??????? I'm intrigued.

lemondrplvr
01-14-2010, 02:20 PM
WHAT is the Cookie Diet??????? I'm intrigued.

Check out my blog http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/lemondrplvr/2009/12/18/dr-siegals-cookie-diet/ I explain it here. It's basically a meal replacement and low calorie diet!

lemondrplvr
01-14-2010, 02:23 PM
**WARNING** I do want to post a warning to our diet group. DO NOT Under eat and work out. I did that and kind of sent my body into starvation mode. If you're going to do the cookie diet, don't over do it at the gym without increasing your calorie intake. :hug: to you all!!! :carrot:

cathydoe
01-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks Tami for the intro to the cookie diet...I read you blog...that is a GREAT idea to send folks there to answer their questions.

lemondrplvr
01-14-2010, 03:33 PM
I try and do my part Cathy! FINALLY Broke that 218 barrier!! 217.4 this AM!!! WOOT WOOT :carrot:

Shopaholic1204
01-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks Tami..I'm going to buy the book and read more about it. I don't know if my hubby will go for this (I did Nutrisystem in 2007 and HATED it..and that cost us a lot of money)..but it's worth looking into. If I tell him I'll stick with it for awhile, he may go for it.

lemondrplvr
01-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks Tami..I'm going to buy the book and read more about it. I don't know if my hubby will go for this (I did Nutrisystem in 2007 and HATED it..and that cost us a lot of money)..but it's worth looking into. If I tell him I'll stick with it for awhile, he may go for it.

The diet is rather expensive right upfront, but you save in the cost of breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. For me (a single bachlorett) it works great. There's very little food in my house besides the cookies! lol

Shopaholic1204
01-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Are the cookies hard, or soft?

lemondrplvr
01-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Are the cookies hard, or soft?

They are very soft and a little dry. The chocoate ones are really good, oatmeal raisin are pretty good as well. Just drink lost of water with them and you'll be fine.

cathydoe
01-14-2010, 05:30 PM
WTG Tami! Glad u broke through your barrier!!:cp:

ShootingStar
01-14-2010, 10:42 PM
So Kim, what did you think of the Banana ones? I'm not crazy, they really do taste gross huh?

P.s. It's Tami not Trish LOL

:o sorry Tami! I think it was a subconscious thing, you look just like a friend I had in high school whose name was (wait for it...) Trish. It's interesting, I didn't even think that until you pointed out the boo-boo. And your name is right there in sparkly pinkness, no less.

Actually, I don't mind the banana cookies, they're not totally foul. I don't have to gag them down. I did open 2 packages and put 3 choc, 3 banana in each. The chocolate ones are pretty tasty, but not enough to eat more than one at a time. And you all are right about wanting to drink more water. I drank my 33 oz water bottle plus some coffee (I've always had mine black, so no problem with that). That water tasted SO good.

I would say that the consistency of the :cookie: is "spongy". I think they're a decent size and nice and thick. I can do this.

faith2lose
01-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Good Morning All,

Great job everyone. We must keep a positive attitude because it is what you make it. I for one am sick of failing at this weight loss.

I like the blueberry and the oatmeal. My fav is the chocolate.

After I have my morning coffee I eat 1 cookie with a glass of water around 8, 9, 12, 1, 3 and 4. Yesterday I skipped 3 and 4 because I just was not hungry. I do drink lots of water or crystal light and 1 diet soda.

Lets take one day at a time and kick this weight out the door.

lemondrplvr
01-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Ladies, we kick butt!!! As of this morning, I'm proud to say I've lost 16lbs!!! :carrot::cb::broc: This weekend I'll be attempting to try on a size 16 for the first time EVER!

Bizzylady
01-15-2010, 06:22 PM
I am on Day 5 of the cookie diet. I have not gotten Dr Siegal's book yet but plan to get it to read it. I am doing pretty good with my choice. I decided to do it after being at home sick and watching The View. They reviewed 5 diets and out of the five, this was the one I thought suited me and my lifestyle, however, I was not totally convinced at that point, I was just interested enough to want to investigate more. I read various reviews and saw some of the recent news clips. I also read the story in People when they do the Half My Size stories and one of the women lost using this method. What really convinced me, was one of the reviews I read on Amazon was of a woman said she ate the cookies but ate a normal dinner and realized she would not be losing as fast but she was still losing. I thought this would be a way for me to not be stressed with too many choices, having to do a lot of prep of foods, grocery shop, etc. So I decided to try it. I got chocolate and I like it. I bought from GNC and used my 1st of the month discount card to get 20% off. So I am going to try to buy a month's supply at the beginning of the month. I thought I also read somewhere that if you buy from Dr. S's site that if you buy a month's supply you get a week free, I still have to check that out to determine if that is so. I agree with what someone posted earlier that if I took all the breakfasts, lattes, lunches, afternoon snacks, and dinners (I am not a cooker) I personally am coming out ahead on the diet. I find that I am spending less on dinner because I am eating less and making different choices.

Lastly, I felt some measure of guilt making this choice because I felt that I should be eating real whole natural food for my meals and learning how to eat that would carry me for the rest of my life. I grappled with the fact that I really mentally don't want to grocery shop, prep meals, etc. but that I should be willing to make that change for myself and my future health based upon some of the feedback of it not being nutritionally sound, etc. However, I thought about some of the food choices I was making prior to starting this and they were not nutritionally sound either but at least this way I am taking off the weight which is detrimental to my health and my self esteem. Sorry for the long winded post but I wanted to share. Right now this is the choice for me, I am not obsessing over what to cook/eat along with it is extremely covenient and can go practically everywhere with me.

lemondrplvr
01-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Welcome Bizzylady!! Keep it up is all I can say. It pays off and you really don't have to put a whole lot of effort into the diet! I love it and it's perfect for me and my lifestyle.

Generally what I do for dinners is I'll make several serving and save the excess for later days. I've gone as far as to freezing leftovers. So you cook once and have meals for days!!

Cookiediet.com doesn't really have buy 4 weeks get one free deals. Each month they have different promos. This month it was a free box of shakes with not purchase requirement. Last month it was free shipping. To get these promos you just have to sign up for the newsletter on the website.

Enjoy your :cookie: ladies, and happy Three Day Weekend!! (for me at least!)

cathydoe
01-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Welcome bizzylady. You sound a lot like me...I enjoy going about my day and eating a cookie and then whatever for dinner. I have made some changes for dinners that I have been a block head about until now...like when we go out ordering chicken or using a fork for my salad dressing or even ordering fat free salad dressing...one cookie at a time. Congrats Tami on the weightloss and good luck with the size 16...HOOT!

ShootingStar
01-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Faith, I LOVE your t-shirt! Oh yes, and YOU look great too! It's fun to put a face with the names you see here.

Tami, :cp: for 16 lbs gone forever. I will be able to say the same very soon, this :cookie: diet is great.

:welcome3: to bizzy, I grappled with the fact that I really mentally don't want to grocery shop, prep meals, etc. but that I should be willing to make that change for myself and my future health based upon some of the feedback of it not being nutritionally sound, etc. However, I thought about some of the food choices I was making prior to starting this and they were not nutritionally sound either but at least this way I am taking off the weight which is detrimental to my health and my self esteem
So true! This is EXACTLY what I am thinking. Well, I guess I do enjoy wandering around the grocery store, but when I think how little I get for how much I spend there, it's not so much fun.

lemondrplvr
01-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Okay I know it's the weekend and I should not be on the computer but out doing something fun.. That's later today! I am just so excited that I had to report back to you all! This morning's weigh in was... wait for it... 215.6!!! I'm .7lbs away from meeting my first MINI GOAL!! WOO :carrot::broc:

:hug: to you all and keep up the amazing work!!

shinylizard
01-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Good morning ladies! I've been stuck at 210 & wondering why, then suddenly here comes Aunt Flo. No wonder I was craving carbs.

Anyway, my Costco SFL got here today, 84 days of SFL goodness! I have partial knee replacement surgery on the 26th, so trying not to eat out of sheer nervousness. Was hoping to be under 200 for the surgery, but that probably won't happen. But gonna hop into it, and see how far I get!

cathydoe
01-16-2010, 04:17 PM
This week I was only down one pound and I am mad. Trying to remind myself the race is over...I gotta concentrate on being good to me and taking one day at a time!

shinylizard...partial knee replacement surgery...wow...you will be in my thoughts and prayers! Tami...so close to your minigoal! HOOT!

Hope everyone is have a great weekend!

lemondrplvr
01-19-2010, 02:17 PM
I DID IT!!! Currently wearing a size 16 slacks!! :carrot: I'm still .3 lbs away from being under 215 but that's cause I kind of over did it eating and under dit it at the gym this weekend. Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll be there!! Time to update my goals!! Thanks to everyone for all your support and encouragement. It means a lot to me. :hug:

I just realized that in just under 3 weeks I'll be taking another set of progress photos. It'll be interesting to see what they show. I started the whole photo tracking late and at 218 rather than at 232 so the progress will not be as extensive as it really is.

**My Blueberry Cookie Review** I really like the blueberry ones but only when warmed up. They are a bit sweeter and less bitter than the banana and taste kind of like a diet muffin. I got the shakes today in the mail as well and am looking forward to reviewing them. You make the shakes with water and ice instead of milk, so I'm curious to see how they taste.

nmycoma
01-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Good morning everyone....it has been a few days since i posted....i had a hard time at first with the cookie diet. I found it very hard to stay on while i wasn't working for some reason. Maybe because I was home all day with too many temptations and not enough to keep me busy? Well i started back to work on monday and decided to REALLY give it a go with the cookies and see how I would do. I am now good with the taste of them. I think it just took me some time to get used to them. Anway...the good news is that I have followed the cookie only rule for the last two days (i know that's not alot yet but it is a start) but the great part is...i was full. I actually only ate 5 of them each day. I just wasn't hungry for the 6th one. I wasn't tempted to go out for lunch or stop for breakfast. The cookies really did feel me up. I think what was hard before was not working and not having anything to occupy my time during the day. Hopefully this will continue for me as I get used to the cookie diet. I am concerned about the weekends but hopefully it will get easier. Did anyone else have problems with wanting to eat more than just cookies at first? How did you overcome it? So I will officially weigh in again on monday morning to see where i am at but i am positive about the results.

Tami--I read in one of your posts that you say not to overdue it as far as exercising. What do you think is a good target for exercising? I have started anything but I would like to try doing that couch to 5k training program. Have you heard about it? I was thinking of trying it because it is only 3 days a week for 30 minutes. Your input would be great as I can see you are seeing success on the cookie diet.

Anyway...hope everyone has a great wednesday!!!!

Jennifer

lemondrplvr
01-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Hi Jennifer - I have not heard about the couch to 5K program, sounds interesting. Please keep in mind when working out that you're only consuming approximately 1000 calories a day. Working out and burning too many calories (which is what I was doing) makes your body think that you're starving. If you're not eating all the cookies, you'd want to eat a bit more than 300 calorie dinner to make up for the cookie(s) you didn't eat. The nice thing about this diet is that you don't HAVE to work out to lose weight! Honestly I think it's best to no work out until you're consuming more calories. Last night I ate more than I should for dinner and had a sweet treat for desert. So, to counter the extra calories I consumed I went to the gym. I worked out 30 minutes on the elliptical and 10 on the bike w/ some weight lifting. I do not go to the gym however if I have not "over" indulged because my body does not have the excess calories to burn.

I tend to use the cookies at work as well and always have a bag close to me on the weekends just in case the urge to snack pops in my head. I don't think you can ever "overcome" the urges or temptations to cheat. You have to cheat every now and again but don't overdo it. This weekend I went out and had happy hour with one of my girl friends. I ate things I shouldn't have and consumed fruity alcoholic beverages but I stuck with it. I didn't over eat, shied away from fried foods. I was more aware of what I was putting in my mouth and how much. It's a learning process. You can't get discouraged or beat yourself up because you slip up one day; you have to just keep at it. We're all in the same boat and it's great to have the support! Keep up the good work!

nmycoma
01-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks Tami. I wasn't sure if i should be worrying about getting some exercise in or not. Now i know that if i fall off a little bit or make some bad choices that exercising could help. I am feeling really positive at this point. Working during the day seems to make it so much easier to just eat the cookies. Being at home with the hubby and kids makes it so easy to eat everything they eat. Fortunately for them they don't have any issues with weight and for me it seems like i smell it and i gain weight...lol.

In any event, i feel really good. I haven't been STARVED and wanting to grab anything in the cabinet. Is it odd that I am only hungry for the 5 cookies? I think i have been trying to save the last one in case i get hungry at night after dinner but i don't find that to be the case just yet.

Anyways...thanks for all the support and info you have given me tami. congratulations on getting below 215....i can't wait to get to that point. One step at a time. Oh ya...do you know how i can get the ticker thing on my posts as well? Keep it going everyone...we can all do this together!!!!

nmycoma
01-21-2010, 09:47 AM
so i couldn't resist the urge to weigh myself....i have really been only on the cookie diet for the last 3 days and i made sure that i did not cheat and so far i am down 5lbs. I know this is a long way from my ultimate goal but even little steps help you stay positive. Just wanted to share some good news with all of you. You help me stay focused by seeing all your successes....Happy Thursday

lemondrplvr
01-21-2010, 12:27 PM
so i couldn't resist the urge to weigh myself....i have really been only on the cookie diet for the last 3 days and i made sure that i did not cheat and so far i am down 5lbs. I know this is a long way from my ultimate goal but even little steps help you stay positive. Just wanted to share some good news with all of you. You help me stay focused by seeing all your successes....Happy Thursday

That's AWESOME!!! Isn't it exciting to finally find something that works?!!? :carrot: Keep up the amazing work! Don't feel bad about weighing yourself after only 3 days, I (even though everyone says not to) weigh myself everyday. Weight loss has sort of become my obsession.

nmycoma
01-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Tami--i know what you mean. I have been wanting to weigh myself everyday, almost like i am just making sure that this is ACTUALLY working...lol....i understand that i might not always have the results that i want everyday but it does make me feel more honest with myself. Not sure if you know what i mean. so ya...im super excited to feel like something is working....just have to keep going to my goal!!!

cathydoe
01-22-2010, 10:18 PM
So how was everyone's week? I had a family funeral-which meant house guests-which meant stress. The day of the funeral I overate. BUT tonight I actually ordered CHICKEN (that is big for me :) ) So weigh in is tomorrow... we will see how it goes...I am nervous writing about the weigh in tomorrow. I am trying to be honest.

nmycoma
01-25-2010, 09:18 AM
hi ladies.....well overall my first week went well. I had my mom in laws housewarming party to go to and was a little bad but i got back on it on sunday so i feel pretty good about that. So the total lost for this week is 6lbs. Down to 249. I feel good to be out of the "250's". Just hoping to continue doing good. 6lbs in a week is pretty sweet. Keep pushing and working towards my goals. Hope everyone has a fabulous week and look forward to more updates. You guys all seem to keep me looking towards the new me.

faith2lose
01-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Good Morning Ladies, I have been side track due to my dad having a stroke. So I have been at the hospital every day dealing with major stress. Rehab starts today so maybe things will calm down.

I must get my head back in the game!! I really would like to lose 10lbs before I leave to see my son graduate from Navy Boot Camp.

Good Luck everyone with your weigh in....

sluggo44
01-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Good Morning Cookie Group. Can I join your group even thou I'm not buying the smart for life or Dr.Siegel cookies? I decided to make my version of a healthy cookie. I know it probably doesn't have the health benefits like the ones ya'll eat but I feel they aren't bad. I use oatmeal and high fiber oatmeal,splenda,cinnamon,vanilla extract,egg whites and a little I can't believe it's not butter. I will be eating 4-6 cookies (average calories 500-700) then a sensible lunch. I have decided to try it for at least a week and see if I lose any weight and if I don't I may go back to SouthBeach diet. I just can't seem to stick with any program these days and finally decided to try the Cookie program (Dianes version);)

cathydoe
01-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Welcome Diane! Of course you can join us. We are kind of quiet...not a lot of chit chat happening here! I found cookie recipes online and I have thought about making them. For some reason I think the ones I buy would be healthier than the ones I make...not sure why? I think the cookies I buy have a magic potion in them! LOL:dust: No I really don't think that...I mean the magic potion part...the other I do...but I don't know why!

Sorry faith2lose about your father. I will say prayers for a speedy recover and for your peace of mind. I know hospitals too well and they are very stressful!

Well my weigh in on Saturday I was up a pound. It has been VERY hard for me to swallow. Although I did start my period and I have said to others that it does make a difference on your weight...but I can't seem to take my own advise.

lemondrplvr where r u? I do read your posts in other threads...I just miss your smiling words on this thread! And ShootingStar and shinylizard and Bizzylady where are you?

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

lemondrplvr
01-25-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm here Cathy. Last week was really tough for me, as you may or may not have ready in an alternate thread. I've finally lost the weight that my tough week packed on. So I'm no longer afraid to show my face here, silly but I was ashamed. I love the cookie diet and won't give up. I bought the cutest leather jacket this weekend. It's currently too small for me but I'm determined to look smokin' hot in it!

Faith2lose, I'm too am sorry about your father. I went through the same thing with my grandfather (who's more of a father to me than my own) a few years back. Make sure he keeps up with his therapy, my grandfather was too stubborn and let it slip and it shows in his comingling common vocabulary words.

Sluggo44, :welcome2: I wish you the best of luck with your own cookie concoction. The really nice thing about the ones we are consuming is that they are high in protein (yes beef protein). This makes them more filling than just the regular cookies.

**SHAKE REVIEW** as you may know I got my free box of shake mix. The package says to blend w/ 6oz of ice and water (more ice than water). I don't measure; after all it's just water! I have not tried the shakes naked yet. I say naked because when I mix mine I add a couple of fresh strawberries and half a banana. They are really good, smooth and surprisingly filling. I would recommend the shakes if you're looking to have more variety to your diet!

sluggo44
01-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Cathydoe and Lemondrplvr, thank you sooooooooooo much for the welcome. Support is always a good thing.:hug:

cathydoe
01-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Hello fellow :cookie: folks. We are quiet again... I have been doing okay. My weigh in day is Saturday and I am thinking about changing it to Friday. My dh weighs in on Friday. I don't think it will make that much difference anyway.

What is happening in your neck of the woods?

lemondrplvr
01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
After having a very rough week last week. I was finally able to get the gained weight off, I hit a plateau at 214.6 for a couple days but broke through this morning. Currently sitting (at work) at 213.6. Today was a bad day at work and I have been CRAVING Taco Bell (not the diet stuff Blech) for a week. So, I think I'm gonna swing by on the way home and pick up some food, after eating I'll hit the gym. I am an emotional eater but working out helps relieve my tension as well! Since we eat very few calories eating something a bit "richer" will help me burn in the gym.. My thinking at least.

Sorry I rambled a bit.. I'm still a little ticked off!

cathydoe
01-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Well I jumped on the scale today...well jump isn't really true...down to 231.0 Right on the nose...close to the 220's...dang...I am really loosing weight. You see no one has really noticed yet...or said anything to me...except my dh and one gal from work. I don't know why I want people to notice... cuz I really will freak out with the attention. My weight has always been a very private issue. I thought no one knew... :rofl:

ShootingStar
01-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Hi everyone, I'm here! It seems like the days go by so quickly, and I get home from work and just don't want to look at a computer anymore! When Friday rolls around however, I'm ready to check in. I have not done well with the diet, I simply eat too much when I get home. I got a new delivery today though, so onward! This time I'm trying blueberry and oatmeal. The chocolate :cookie: are wonderful, almost like cheating.

Hello Diane, how do your cookies taste?

Faith, :( about your dad. It's hard to see those we always thought of as "indestructible" not be so.

So Cathy, you're not a "chicken" chick? I LOVE chicken. Fried and soaked in Winger's sauce...:o

Everyone have a great evening. I'll be checking in more this weekend. I will let you know what I think of the blueberry and oatmeal cookies.

lemondrplvr
02-01-2010, 01:52 PM
I was so excited, on Saturday I stepped on the scale and was 211.4!!! Though I think my least favorite Aunt is about to visit, cause this moring I jumped a whopping 3 lbs to 214.4. Damn her!! She knows how to burst one's bubble. Oh, it's February so I'm gonna start a new thread for all of 2010 rather than dividing out them months!! Keep up the good work ladies! :carrot:

lemondrplvr
02-01-2010, 03:19 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/192948-cookie-dieters-2010-a.html New Thread!! See you there!

Sandy86
02-25-2010, 05:05 PM
I got my cookies today and will start tomorrow morning so... I'm not talking from experience. I just wanted to add that the website I ordered from emphasized 2 things... 1. start the cookies in the morning when you get hungry, and 2. the cookies will taste better if you don't eat regular food b4 them. They said this was very important. Of course... I haven't started yet so my answer may be different a few weeks from now! I got the cranberry because that seemed to me the most pleasant but I will let you know.