PrairieChick
01-03-2010, 10:15 PM
:welcome:

to

"Crack the Fat Loss Code" and
"Conquer the Fat Loss Code"
Support and Information Monthly Thread
JANUARY - 2010

This thread is for 3FC Members to come a share how they are doing one or both of Wendy Chant's two programs. Each Thread will start on the first of each Month, I will always leave a link in the last post of the closing Month so you will know where to catch up.

Crack the Fat Loss Code is Wendy Chant's FIRST book - I recommend that you START with that book first. It will cover the basics of her program to a "T".

Then when you have gone through it, if you want you can get the second book - Conquer the Fat Loss Code. It doesn't cover the basics as well as her first book, this is why I recommend "Crack" first!

Here is some brief information about the "Crack" program from Wendy Chant -

Cycle 1: Carb-Deplete Cycle - Week 1[/b]
Deplete is a serious word for serious business, but that's exactly what you're going to be doing in the first week of your program. I call it your seven-day diet. And that's the only time I use the word diet to refer to my program, and I use it in the strictest sense of the term.

Cycle 2: Macro-Patterning Cycle - Weeks 2-4 [/b]
After the first week of your program, you will begin your Macro-Patterning Cycle. This is where you begin to pattern the body for fat loss and slow its adaptive response. This cycle includes three kinds of days:
Baseline days
Carb-down days
Carb-up days (Food Passes)

Cycle 3: Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle - Weeks 5-6[/b]
Although I rely largely on manipulating carbohydrates to help you teach the body how to use excess fat stores as energy, this is not a high- or low-carb diet. (Actually it is not a diet at all.) This is about fat loss. So for our third cycle, we want to pick up the pace a little and engage in the Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle. Don't worry if it seem familiar; these are basically the same types of days found in Macro-Patterning Cycle, with changes in how they are cycled to provide an increase in the usage of fat stores.

Cycle 4: Maintenance Cycle Weeks 7-8[/b]
You can't be on a continuous diet. Living ForeverFit is a long term lifestyle, and living on a lifelong diet is not the answer to enjoying life and living well. During the first three cycles, you've been sprinting - running to catch up and teach your body about using fat for energy. But you can't sprint forever.

The fourth cycle, the Maintenance Cycle, is also used for vactions and to aid in setting a new weight set point for the body to learn to maintain. This is the time that the body resets itself back to a higher nutrient profile in favor of carbohydrates and fats. During the Maintenance Cycle, you will learn how to live forever fit. The beauty of the Maintenance Cycle is that it can last forever.

We add two days to the Maintenance Cycle:
Cheat Day
High-Carb Day

Crack/Conquer Recipes!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/189742-crack-conquer-fat-loss-code-recipe-collection.html#post3075163

If you would like to go back and read previous threads, you can check them out with the below links:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/188819-crack-conquer-fat-loss-code-december-28-2009-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/188465-crack-conquer-fat-loss-code-december-21-2009-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/188023-crack-conquer-fat-loss-code-december-14-2009-a.html

Once again - Welcome to the Group! :wave:
Feel free to jump right in and join us! :grouphug:

Carolis60
01-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Evening girls,
I'm marking my spot! All of you starting deplete tomorrow, you'll do fine. Eat your veggies and weigh your protein.....so you don't short change yourself. No guessing on the amount of protein you're eating. This is very important. If you're still hungry, have a little more more protein, no starches.

I'm rooting for you! :cheer:

Measure your water so you know you're drinking what is expected. I was a little late on my water today, so just finished 2 cups of hot water and one full glass to take all my pills. Probably be up all night. :rofl:

I'm starting week 6, so wish me luck. I'm in for the long haul too!! :carrot:
Been on the program 8 weeks, but the 2 weeks were the holiday weeks, so I didn't count them.

This is going to be easier than you think!

Thank you Kim for taking the time to put up the new thread for a month! It's wonderful having someone computer savvy! ;)

Carol :broc:

PrairieChick
01-04-2010, 01:16 AM
:thanks: Carol! you are PURE encouragement to me!

Yep - I'm one of those Deplete Members! :broc:

Let's hit those scales in the morning....
Don't forget to get your measurements so you will KNOW how far you have come down the road!

I'll see ya ALL tomorrow! :grouphug:

Carolis60
01-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Carol...you crack me up! :D Do you remember how much weight you lost the first week? I know it acts as a detox and I will lose some water weight but I'm ok with that...weight is weight! ;) I have my fridge stocked and ready to go ! :carrot:

Good Monday Morning Crackin's,

Hey ladies, mark me down to a NEW LOW today! Yippee!! :carrot: Yes! This is working for me!! I'm gettin' rid of this spare tire I'm carrying around my middle. Looking forward to non gaping button holes this summer. Yeah! :dancer: :twirly:
LeslieLou -- I lost 6 pounds the first week and 3 pounds the second. Total is 14 pounds. :cheer: I'm sure the rest will be a little slower. But I'm learning the program so this is fine.

Everyone have a super Monday and let's get Crackin' for the new year, learn how to eat healthy, and be the best we can be. Does this sound like a commercial??? :?: :?: I know I heard this on tv, but can't remember what it was advertising. :rofl: :rofl: :D

Gotta get my day rolling so I can go to my water aerobics class. :swim:

See ya lighter. :broc:
Carol

SkinnyK10
01-04-2010, 01:57 PM
On day 1 of Carb Deplete! I've tried this before and crashed so bad by day 3 that I quit. But this time I'm going all the way! I've warned my family to expect me to be tired and cranky. :) Wendy talks about a "shift" around day 5 where you start to feel better. Has anyone experienced that?

PrairieChick
01-04-2010, 02:36 PM
On day 1 of Carb Deplete! I've tried this before and crashed so bad by day 3 that I quit. But this time I'm going all the way! I've warned my family to expect me to be tired and cranky. :) Wendy talks about a "shift" around day 5 where you start to feel better. Has anyone experienced that?

Hang in there Skinny! :hug:
If you need a nap - do it!

It might help ya too by adding a little fat to your meal - EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) on my cucumber salad gives me a bit more energy!

I KNOW what you mean - but watch for the SHIFT after 3-4 days - that is when mine came, OH BOY - I could have cleaned the WHOLE HOUSE!!!!

Check your book, I think that is the timing Wendy used too. (pg. 72, towards the bottom). That is a goal that is easier to look forward too!
:broc: :broc: :broc: SHIFT :broc: SHIFT :broc: :broc: :broc: DEPLETE!!!

PrairieChick
01-04-2010, 08:06 PM
You girls are going to be SO excited with you notice the "Shift" in energy!

It happened to me the first week I did Deplete - it is amazing. Every one will notice it differently. But, it will happen! ;)
Share your results when it happens.

The tiredness is really not that bad - you feel a little sluggish just before the "Shift" in energy - but it will all be worth it when you get that burst of energy and it just keeps going! :D

Do'n good so far on Day 1 of Deplete - kinda missed a meal while running errands in town, but that is OK - gon'a have a feast tonight!
Lean Burger (no bun)
Cucumber Salad with EVOO
Steamed Brocolli

Can't wait! My mouth is drooling now!

The fridge is full of GREEN stuff and I'm ready! :broc:

bonmike
01-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi everyone.
Day 1 almost over! Don't think I really ate as much as I should. I think I should buy "Crack" even though i have Conquer. Do you think it would give me better info to do the deplete week???
Also I'm trying to get the ticker on here but haven't been successful.
I'll try one more time and then see.
How is everyone doing?
Bonni

Can't put ticker on any advice?

Karen31
01-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi Bonni--- You have to be a member for at least 20 days and make at least 20 posts (I think) before you can get the ticker.

I have my books ordered and they should be here the end of this week (I hope) but from everything I understand I think it is best to use the "Crack" book first. So I am having to wait until at least the 18th (a Monday) to start. I want to give me time to read the book before starting. Other than that I really don't know what to tell you. I know I am excited about getting started.

Hello to everyone----- It is cold here---8 degrees and snow! I will be glad when spring is here.

Karen31
01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
I've been doing some exploring and I found this site for recipes---let me know what you think.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-menus/576005-crack-fat-loss-code-recipes.html

PrairieChick
01-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Hi everyone.
Day 1 almost over! Don't think I really ate as much as I should. I think I should buy "Crack" even though i have Conquer. Do you think it would give me better info to do the deplete week???
Also I'm trying to get the ticker on here but haven't been successful.
I'll try one more time and then see.
How is everyone doing?
Bonni

Can't put ticker on any advice?

Hi Bonni!
(btw - your name will be EASY to remember, my first daughter's name is Bonnie!)

Yes, CRACK has the Deplete day drawn out to a fine science! But you you would like, just contact me through my profile - I'll send you Rose's Planner/Kim's Planner and the Deplete day will be all drawn out for ya! ;)

Yes, LeslieLou is right, you need to have 20 days under your belt here at 3FC's and a minimum of 20 postings. Postings won't be a problem - but you do need to have the twenty days. You will see "Edit Signature" on your User CP twenty days from the day you joined. Just like magic.

But in the meantime - if you REALLY want a ticker. Here's what you do...
Go to 3FC's ticker maker (find it through your User CP). Create a ticker - copy and paste it to a word file and save it. You can then paste it into your comments in the thread before you post! It is a little bit of a hassle, but if you really want a ticker - I really think this will work for ya! :hug:

well, I ate four times today when my intention was five but I didnt sleep well last night and I was off work today so I took a much needed nap! I hope to get on a better schedule tomorrow! I really love Wendy's salad dressing recommendation...olive oil and vinegar. I bought Newman's Own and it has EVOO and red wine vinegar with other seasonings....and is NATURALLY only 1 carb per serving and is not one of those weird low carb dressings. It was fantastic on my salad. I just added the raw broccoli to my salad..and had some baked chicken for dinner! My daughter loves my baked chicken and she had hers with some creamed-styled corn. For breakfast I had some scrambled eggs with butter and then for a snack I had some smoked turkey and cheese. Lunch kinda got missed but I did eat some albacore tuna in the pouch. I also drank lots and lots of water. So far so good!

Karen....brrrr its cold where you are! I wish you were able to start this with us....can you go online and look for an excerpt of the delete plan? maybe someone has typed it out for you? I'm not very computer savvy or I would try to post some of that info here for you. Maybe someone knows how?

Looks like you had a fantastic day! Just remember on the salad dressing - you need to count the carb on your journal - no more than 20 carbs a day. I even quite chewing gun during this week, I'm not spending my carbs (2) on one stick of gun! :dizzy:

LeslieLou - Karen is doing fine - she is better off not jumping right on the plan - half this plan is knowing what is going on. Her long term success on this plan is at risk if she takes the short cut and jumps right in. It's a mental thing - and a lot of any NEW WOE (way of eating) is mental. JMHO ;)

I've been doing some exploring and I found this site for recipes---let me know what you think.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-menus/576005-crack-fat-loss-code-recipes.html

Karen - LCF is a great site! Thanks for the link to the recipes. When checking these recipes out, make sure they will work for the day that you are on with Wendy's program. If you will check your book, you will see that Wendy has designated at the top of her recipes what days the recipe is "Legal" for.

IDEA!!! :idea: I will start a thread just for recipes...

Here is the link to our NEW recipe thread:

:drool:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/189742-crack-conquer-fat-loss-code-recipe-collection.html#post3075163

Karen31
01-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Sounds good--- I'm just trying to arm myself with as much info. as I can get before starting. I saved the worksheets that you emailed to me and I'm sure that they will be a lifesaver when I get the book. Right now it seems kind of confusing to me but the book should clear up a lot of it. I think I want to take the time to read the book.... even if I don't get through the whole thing... and then start on the 18th. This way if I have questions I will have the book to look at and if I can't get it figured out....well, I know all of you will be here to help and support too. Thanks so much for doing so much to get this up and off the ground for all of us Kim.

Now can you do something to make the cold and snow go away??? LOL!!!

PrairieChick
01-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Sounds good--- I'm just trying to arm myself with as much info. as I can get before starting. I saved the worksheets that you emailed to me and I'm sure that they will be a lifesaver when I get the book. Right now it seems kind of confusing to me but the book should clear up a lot of it. I think I want to take the time to read the book.... even if I don't get through the whole thing... and then start on the 18th. This way if I have questions I will have the book to look at and if I can't get it figured out....well, I know all of you will be here to help and support too. Thanks so much for doing so much to get this up and off the ground for all of us Kim.

Now can you do something to make the cold and snow go away??? LOL!!!

The book will make everything clear to you (I'm talk'n the CRACK book).

The more you :book2: on the program - the BETTER OFF you will be! :hug:

That's right! We are here to help! :hug: Awwwwww...you are welcome! ;)

SURE! I'll start a NEW Thread, we can put all the SNOW there! :^:NOT!!!!
:broc::rofl: :lol3: :broc:

bonmike
01-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks to everyone that replied with info. You are all the best!!!!
Going to sleep now, but will try the other Ticker way tomorrow.
Have a great night and great day tomorrow!
Bonni

bonmike
01-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Kim.
That would be great if you could e-mail me Rose/Kim's planner. I hope you received my e-mail.
Good night again.
Bonni

Karen31
01-05-2010, 09:56 AM
LeslieLou-- I don't think anyone is trying to be the food police here. I had already made up my mind to wait for my books to get here before I started this. So many times before I jumped in to a plan and didn't have all the info. needed to really make it work and so as far as I can tell I was setting myself up for failure. In fact, I have the Atkins Carb counter book here and have looked through it. I aso have the Dite Revolution. But I want everything to be in place for a good start. I now have the worksheets that Kim sent and I am sure they will be a very helpful tool to have.
I just wanted to let you know that everyone is pretty much starting from scratch here and it won't make that big a difference in waiting a couple weeks. And everyone will be here for support and helpful tips along the way. I look forward to starting but want to make it the best possible start that I can have.
Everyone have a good day and stay warm. It is 8 degrees here and I started a crock pot of chili last night so that is smelling real good!

PrairieChick
01-05-2010, 12:16 PM
OK, Cracker's - I'm just trying to help by having this thread available to you - so that you can have a place to come and share your experiences with Wendy's program.

I try to help when I can. I in no way am trying to police your eating. But we are here on this thread to do the BEST we can with Wendy's program.

Wendy Chant, among many other authors - have a reason for why they developed their plan "their way". We here at 3FC's and this thread are just trying to do that. When we make a lot of changes to the plan, well, then it is no longer Wendy's plan.

So, I am sorry if I have offended anyone with any of my comments - I'm just trying to keep her plan PURE and easy to understand for everyone who has joined this thread. ;)

I do have some experience with this plan, this is not the first time that I have undertaken the "Deplete" week.

"You can get your calories down to a low level with great results as long as you do it for short periods of time like 7-10 days. I only recommend doing this 1 time per year and you should never do our famous 7-Day Diet or Deplete Week more than 3 times per year."
- GL-12 Team, 1/5/10, Shaun Hadsal & Wendy Chant.

I first started on "Deplete" 12/7/09 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/187421-hi-starting-crack-fat-loss-code-1-4-10-a.html), but due to Thanksgiving, Bronchitis, Birthday, Christmas and New Years - felt that I needed to start all over again. So, I choose this week to start along with our NEW Crack Members.

I hope this clears up the "little" fued :( that seems to be happening here.

EVERYONE - I hope you have a FANTASTIC day! :broc:

I usually monitor this thread all day - so if you need anything - just YELL! :yikes:
Carolis60 or I, or anyone doing the program (as outlined in either the Crack/Conquer books) will jump right in and help ya out! :hug:

Remember - everything you eat this week on Deplete - count the CARBS if the item has carbs- if in doubt - read your labels - and keep your daily total count to 20 grams or less.

Bonni - I have not got'n your email yet on the planner sheets, you might try that again, OK? :hug:

Karen31
01-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Hello, I am so glad that you have this thread and so thankful for all the hard work that you have already put in to it just to get it up and running. I know I will be coming back often with lots of questions. Even after I get my books. I know that the chili that has been cooking all night is probably not on the Wendy plan either but since it is so cold and my adult son is staying with us right now and wanted some (and will also help eat it) I figured it is a good time to make it. Once I get my books and get a grocery list going then I will be wanting to follow the plan to the "T" (or "W" HEHE) I'm excited and just know it will work. We bought our house here last May and it has an inground swimming pool that hadn't been used for at least 5 years. To say the least it wasa mess! My Dad passed away on July 4th and was excited for me that we had finally bought a house back here and was anxious to see the pool. He wasn't able to do that. But I took part of the inheritance and fixed it up and it will be ready to uncover and use this Spring. I sure don't intend to look like a baby hippo out there in it! So you can see I am chomping at the bit but know that steps must be taken to set yourself up for success and not failure.

So now you know a little bit about what is motivating me and why I am so thankful to be able to have all of you to talk to!

Have a Wonderful afternoon.

PrairieChick
01-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Karen31 - Awwwwwwwww....you are welcome - I'm do'n this for me as well as all the 3FC community who wants to join in the FUN! ;) :hug:

Don't worry about what you are eating right now, enjoy your chili - have some cornbread with it! :stir: :eating2:

When you receive your book and when you start your program will be the PERFECT timing for you to start! :D

Don't worry about look'n like a "baby hippo" in your OWN back yard - that is wonderful that you have that! I'm excited for you! Ask Carolis60 - her water workouts have really helped her in MANY ways other than just weight loss! If I didn't live so rural - I'd be in town do'n the same thing! :D

Yes, this thread KEEPS me MOTIVATED! I'm glad you enjoy it too! :coffee:
__________________________________________________ ________

Just wanted to tell you about my scale experience today :goodscale
I don't like to weight everyday - the numbers can go up and down and sometime discourage ya on your journey - BUT - just curious I guess, I stepped on the scale...you aren't gon'a believe this...I was down 3 pounds from yesterday! We'll see what the scale says next Monday - when I officially step on and see the results of Deplete! ;)

Karen31
01-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks Kim! And Carol-- I would like to hear about those water workouts. I know this past summer I went over to my brothers and just played in his pool and ended up losing like 4 pounds in just a little over a week. So I am definitely looking forward to Spring/Summer.

Carolis60
01-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Karen31 - Awwwwwwwww....you are welcome - I'm do'n this for me as well as all the 3FC community who wants to join in the FUN! ;) :hug:

Don't worry about what you are eating right now, enjoy your chili - have some cornbread with it! :stir: :eating2:

When you receive your book and when you start your program will be the PERFECT timing for you to start! :D

Don't worry about look'n like a "baby hippo" in your OWN back yard - that is wonderful that you have that! I'm excited for you! Ask Carolis60 - her water workouts have really helped her in MANY ways other than just weight loss! If I didn't live so rural - I'd be in town do'n the same thing! :D

Yes, this thread KEEPS me MOTIVATED! I'm glad you enjoy it too! :coffee:
__________________________________________________ ________

Just wanted to tell you about my scale experience today :goodscale
I don't like to weight everyday - the numbers can go up and down and sometime discourage ya on your journey - BUT - just curious I guess, I stepped on the scale...you aren't gon'a believe this...I was down 3 pounds from yesterday! We'll see what the scale says next Monday - when I officially step on and see the results of Deplete! ;)

Fantastic, Kim :carrot: :cp: :dancer: :twirly:
Wendy's plan is working. ta-da!
I'm maintaining again today, which I know is a good thing for me. Takes a while for my body to grab and stay put. :rofl:

Karen-- I've just learned about Wendy's program 8 weeks ago, but so far the scale has dropped or maintained, with a couple small gains over Thanksgiving. So this is working for me.
I started because I started going into menopause 2 years ago this upcoming May and my spare tire was growing and I was eating 18 points on the WW program. Gained back 25 pounds, which it took me to lose in 1 1/2 years of WW meetings. :(
WHAT WAS I DOING WRONG!!
After reading Wendy's book found out that carbs don't like us going through menopause. Never heard of that before. Learn something new every day!!
Hopefully we'll be able to learn Wendy's program, make it easy on ourselves and share our ups and downs together.
I'll be here a while, since my body is a slug at losing. It grabs every morsel I put in my mouth. :rofl: :rofl:

I'll have to post later, have a dentist app. in a little while.
Carol

Karen31
01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
WOW Kim! :carrot: That really is exciting!:bravo: It gives me more and more motivation to know that this can really work. :broc: I hope to be able to report some losses here in the near future.

SkinnyK10
01-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Just checking in for the day code crackers. When Prairie Chick said EVERYTHING has carbs she wasn't kiddin! I thought my cheese was carb-free - woops! I am counting them, I want to do this darn deplete week right and hopefully never do it again!

The "promise" I am most excited about is this plan's potential to fix a broken metabolism. I had my Metabolism tested at my gym and guess what? I maintain my weight at 1200 calories a day (what I'd burn with my typical level of activity - doesn't count exercise). That's what most people diet at! Good grief. (For comparison a friend of mine 10yrs older has a metabolic rate of 1970 cal.) The first thing the technician asked was had I been on Weight Watchers - yep - probably 10 different times with some very good short term results, but apparently with the long term effect of a slower metabolism.

It's all that body adaptation stuff that Wendy talks about. Yikes!

So - going strong on day 2. I do feel a little lightheaded and funny, but I'm managing.

OH - I made my hubby hide the scale. I decided that daily weigh ins are the fastest way for me to get discouraged and give up. So next Monday morning I'll let you know how the week went!

Karen31
01-05-2010, 08:38 PM
I had to laugh today----I thought about what some of you said about "hiding your books" and I thought "How am I going to do this? He is retired now and home all the time." So today my son was saying that he wanted to get a book to read and I told found my perfect time to tell DH that I ordered them. I just said, Well, I've ordered a couple books and they should be here soon and you are welcome to read them. They are about weight loss. WHEW! That was it and nobody said anything. I said it was about low carbs and I have been learning about it for awhile and I intend to make it work. Now I feel better.

I enjoyed my chili and did have a corn muffin with it. Now what is left is getting put into individual size containers and put in the freezer. Trying to get my kitchen and me all set up to go. I love broccoli so I am sure that is a plus.

Well, guess I need to go and get the dishes cleaned up and get ready to watch the Biggest Loser. I really like that show.

bonmike
01-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Hi Everyone!
I now look forward to coming on this sight each day. I think it's so great to have your support and read about everyones experiences.
Good job ladies! Keep it up!
I had to go on the scale today and see what happened after 1 day. I did lose almost 3 lbs. I am still psyched!
Day 2 down!!! YEH!!!
Keep on truckin everyone!!!! (I guess I'm showing my age!)

Kim,
Thank you for this thread!
I did try to contact you, but guess I'm having a problem. Whenever I try to IM you it doesn't go through. i must be doing something wrong. I don't see a place with your e-mail address, just IM.
Am I missing something?

Anyhow sleep well everyone and have a great day!
Bonni

Ruthxxx
01-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi Bonnie. Until you have been here 20 days and have 20 posts, you cannot use the 3FC PM feature or the tracker. I strongly suggest you NOT use Word to paste in a tracker as it will mean you MODs have to do more working checking why you have a ticker without meeting the time criteria.

For privacy reasons, email addresses are not in profiles and should not be posted in the threads. We get evil spammers who gather up addresses! When you have the PM feature, you will be able to exchange addresses.

Hope this helps.

cajungirl64
01-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Hi Everyone, I posted a few times here but I got lost some how and my dear friend Carolis60 helped me find my way back. Anyway, DH and I started this crackin' on Monday and I have lost 4.2 pounds so far and he has lost 2.6, I'm with Kim I don't like getting on the scale everyday, but I do it only because it helps me stay true to this WOE.

Kim: Congrats on your 3 pound loss,way to go! And thanks for keeping this thread alive. I think you are doing a great job, Wendy would be proud of you.

Karen31: Hello, nice to meet you. Hope to chat with you now and again.

Carolis60: Thanks for all your help girlfriend!

Is there anyway to find out how many days I have been on this thread? I hope I didn't lose my days when I got lost?

Well, you all have a super day. Stay warm. We are pretty chilly here in Louisiana, such unusual weather for us. This is the year for breaking records here as far as rain and temperatures go.
Blessings,:hug:
Linda H. (cajungirl64)

candyS
01-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Hello everyone!
I just joined 3fatchicks. I am in my 2nd week / day 3 of Crack the Fat Loss Code and doing pretty good. I am down about 5lbs. I have following very low carb diets (ketosis) in the past and did well, but would always gain the weight back when I started to eat normally.

I have a question, hopefully someone has an answer to:
My week 1 nutrtion counts looked like this:
Mon - 956 cal / 14 carb / 2 fiber / 41 fat / 126 pro
Tues - 1379 cal / 13 carb / 3 fiber / 67 fat / 173 pro
Wed - 1546 cal / 20 carb / 8 fiber / 79 fat / 180 pro
Thurs - 1746 cal / 13 carb / 5 fiber / 81 fat / 222 pro
Fri - 1246 cal / 24 carb / 7 fiber / 83 fat / 98 pro
Sat - 1029 cal / 21 carb / 3 fiber / 53 fat / 102 pro
Sun - 951 cal / 45 carb / 6 fiber / 40 fat / 107 pro

I am wondering if I should 'redo' the 1st week because of my last 3 days carb counts.
Also, does anyone know what the ratios C/F/P should be on each of the cycling days?

Thanks,
Candice

Carolis60
01-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Hello everyone!
I just joined 3fatchicks. I am in my 2nd week / day 3 of Crack the Fat Loss Code and doing pretty good. I am down about 5lbs. I have following very low carb diets (ketosis) in the past and did well, but would always gain the weight back when I started to eat normally.

I am wondering if I should 'redo' the 1st week because of my last 3 days carb counts.
Also, does anyone know what the ratios C/F/P should be on each of the cycling days?

Thanks,
Candice

:welcome: Candy
I think you'll enjoy Crack and see that you'll be able to eat "regular" stuff a few times a week and not gain. I started my 6th week today, but was on two weeks for the holiday schedule and didn't count those.

I'm not by any means a pro with this but those carbs look pretty high to me. Maybe doing the first week and getting all that sugar out of the body would be helpful to the program. Just my thoughts on this. Anyone else have any thoughts that will help Candy out??? :shrug: :shrug:

Hey guys! Woopie!! :carrot: :broc: Down another pound!!! :broc: I just know it's the broccoli. It has to be the broccoli, right?? ;) :rofl:

Today is a D day for me and I'm having pizza for dinner. Yahoo!!!

Oh, want to tell everyone I just had a delicious dressing. It's All Natural, Lighten Up, Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger. 1.5 fat in 2 TB; It's very tasty!! Just finished my salad with my 3oz of tritip on it and fresh mushrooms.

Dr appointment in a few, so will post more later.

Carol

PrairieChick
01-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Fantastic, Kim :carrot: :cp: :dancer: :twirly:

:thanks: Carol! :hug:

WOW Kim! :carrot: That really is exciting!:bravo: It gives me more and more motivation to know that this can really work. :broc: I hope to be able to report some losses here in the near future.

:thanks: Karen! :hug: It will come! Don't worry - Wendy says the scale is not the BEST way to measure your success - your clothes are! :hug:

Just checking in for the day code crackers. When Prairie Chick said EVERYTHING has carbs she wasn't kiddin! I thought my cheese was carb-free - woops! I am counting them, I want to do this darn deplete week right and hopefully never do it again!

The "promise" I am most excited about is this plan's potential to fix a broken metabolism. I had my Metabolism tested at my gym and guess what? I maintain my weight at 1200 calories a day (what I'd burn with my typical level of activity - doesn't count exercise). That's what most people diet at! Good grief. (For comparison a friend of mine 10yrs older has a metabolic rate of 1970 cal.) The first thing the technician asked was had I been on Weight Watchers - yep - probably 10 different times with some very good short term results, but apparently with the long term effect of a slower metabolism.

It's all that body adaptation stuff that Wendy talks about. Yikes!

So - going strong on day 2. I do feel a little lightheaded and funny, but I'm managing.

OH - I made my hubby hide the scale. I decided that daily weigh ins are the fastest way for me to get discouraged and give up. So next Monday morning I'll let you know how the week went!

:thanks: SkinnyK10! :hug:
Not really surprised about the Weight Watchers incident you had with your trainer. Not putting WW down, but have you looked at what they allow since you have started this program? :yikes: No wonder our systems are a mess! :o

Make sure you consume 1 serving of Fat from the Deplete Fat List every meal:
Mayonnaise
Cheese
Butter
Flaxseed Oil
Olive Oil

AND - eat every 3 - 4 hours - up to 2 hours before bed.
That might help ya. OK? ;)

I had to laugh today----I thought about what some of you said about "hiding your books" and I thought "How am I going to do this? He is retired now and home all the time." So today my son was saying that he wanted to get a book to read and I told found my perfect time to tell DH that I ordered them. I just said, Well, I've ordered a couple books and they should be here soon and you are welcome to read them. They are about weight loss. WHEW! That was it and nobody said anything. I said it was about low carbs and I have been learning about it for awhile and I intend to make it work. Now I feel better.

I enjoyed my chili and did have a corn muffin with it. Now what is left is getting put into individual size containers and put in the freezer. Trying to get my kitchen and me all set up to go. I love broccoli so I am sure that is a plus.

Well, guess I need to go and get the dishes cleaned up and get ready to watch the Biggest Loser. I really like that show.

Karen31 - OH NO!!!!!! :yikes:
I missed the BIGGEST LOSER last night! :cry:
Yep, when you DH sees how this program is changing your life and HEALTH - he'll be happy you ordered the books! :hug:

Hi Everyone!
I now look forward to coming on this sight each day. I think it's so great to have your support and read about everyones experiences.
Good job ladies! Keep it up!
I had to go on the scale today and see what happened after 1 day. I did lose almost 3 lbs. I am still psyched!
Day 2 down!!! YEH!!!
Keep on truckin everyone!!!! (I guess I'm showing my age!)

Kim,
Thank you for this thread!
I did try to contact you, but guess I'm having a problem. Whenever I try to IM you it doesn't go through. i must be doing something wrong. I don't see a place with your e-mail address, just IM.
Am I missing something?

Anyhow sleep well everyone and have a great day!
Bonni

Hi Bonnie! :wave:
OK, I tweaked my AIM so that unknown users can contact me through it. It might work now - I'm SO NEW to AIM - would use GTalk - but 3FC's doesn't offer that feature. :cry:

If all else fails...All the sheets have are the same as what is in the book, plus the foods that are allowed for that day. Really, you can put together your own :( until you have gotten to your 20 days here at 3FC's and your 20 min. posts.

Hi Bonnie. Until you have been here 20 days and have 20 posts, you cannot use the 3FC PM feature or the tracker. I strongly suggest you NOT use Word to paste in a tracker as it will mean you MODs have to do more working checking why you have a ticker without meeting the time criteria.

For privacy reasons, email addresses are not in profiles and should not be posted in the threads. We get evil spammers who gather up addresses! When you have the PM feature, you will be able to exchange addresses.

Hope this helps.

:thanks: Ruth! :hug: You really are a wonderful help to this thread - I really appreciate all you do as a Moderator on 3FC's! :hug:

I'm sorry Bonni :hug: I'm learning too. :^:

Hi Everyone, I posted a few times here but I got lost some how and my dear friend Carolis60 helped me find my way back. Anyway, DH and I started this crackin' on Monday and I have lost 4.2 pounds so far and he has lost 2.6, I'm with Kim I don't like getting on the scale everyday, but I do it only because it helps me stay true to this WOE.

Kim: Congrats on your 3 pound loss,way to go! And thanks for keeping this thread alive. I think you are doing a great job, Wendy would be proud of you.

Karen31: Hello, nice to meet you. Hope to chat with you now and again.

Carolis60: Thanks for all your help girlfriend!

Is there anyway to find out how many days I have been on this thread? I hope I didn't lose my days when I got lost?

Well, you all have a super day. Stay warm. We are pretty chilly here in Louisiana, such unusual weather for us. This is the year for breaking records here as far as rain and temperatures go.
Blessings,:hug:
Linda H. (cajungirl64)

Hi Linda! :wave:
The number of threads post is right under your picture in the left hand column. AND the number of days, is from when you signed up for 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community, not just this thread - so you are doing GREAT! :flow2:

So, you signed up sometime 90 December 21, 2009 and you have the minimum 20 posts. So, 20 days from 12/21/09, you should be able to add a custom signature! :woohoo:

Hello everyone!

Thanks,
Candice

:balloons::wel3fc::balloons: Candice!
GREAT to have you JOIN us!

First of all, your report is VERY detailed! ;)
More detailed than I'm use to... :o
I keep it VERY simple and just count the carbs on DEPLETE week - 20 or less carbs per day. I use the Journal as given on page 238 of "Crack the Fat Loss Code" along with the suggested food list given on pages 76 - 86. I don't count calories anymore - that is why I really like this plan. The measuring is enough for me - that's where I cut the line in programs! :hug:

What I would do, if you are really serious and concerned about this is...
Let's see :chin: this is Wednesday - just do Carb Deplete for the REST OF THIS WEEK - then jumb right back in and start WEEK 2 again on Monday.
Yep! :idea: that sounds good. ;)

Hey guys! Woopie!! :carrot: :broc: Down another pound!!! :broc: I just know it's the broccoli. It has to be the broccoli, right?? ;) :rofl:

Today is a D day for me and I'm having pizza for dinner. Yahoo!!!

Oh, want to tell everyone I just had a delicious dressing. It's All Natural, Lighten Up, Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger. 1.5 fat in 2 TB; It's very tasty!! Just finished my salad with my 3oz of tritip on it and fresh mushrooms.

Dr appointment in a few, so will post more later.

Carol:bravo: Carol! :hug:

Now, I just can't wait to get to the "D" days! :broc:

Didn't get on the :goodscale today, I'm going to weight (pun intended :lol3:) until next Monday! :woohoo:
But I'm feel'n GREAT!
EVEN in 1F Temps outside!
Getting a LOT of chores done around the house - well, when I'm not :comp:
:rofl: :lol3:

Have a GREAT day! :grouphug:

bonmike
01-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the info Ruthxxx. You are all so great!!!
Bonni

bonmike
01-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Kim,
How do you keep up with everyone????? You are truly a blessing to this sight and I'm glad to have found it!!!
I did purchase the "Crack" book, so now I have both and will read about the deplete week more thoroughly.
If anyone has trouble finding either book, I can look info up for you.

Well I lost another lb. this morning!!!! Yeh!!!

Have a great evening Kim and everybody!!!!
Bonni

Karen31
01-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Kim, On the Biggest Loser last night they said that this is the Biggest "group" of people they have ever had. One of the men started with a weight of 526 pounds and he lost 34 pounds his first week. Truly amazing. After he got one the scale for his weigh in and found he had lost he said "Can you see my abs yet?" Pretty funny. I think it is going to be another good season.

I just went and tracked my order for my books and from what I can tell they are in Kentucky BUT on their way!! YAY!!

Well, I'll try to get back later. Take care everyone....

Carolis60
01-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Ok, I'm trying out my new tracker. Let's see if it works,
Carol

bonmike
01-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Cute tracker Carolis60!
I am so upset that I have to wait 20 days to post mine.
Bonni

kellielou
01-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Carol, love the new tracker!!!

I'm doing great this week. We decided to redo week 5 because we were using the holiday plan last week. Only a few more days because week 6 and it looks like it will really switch up next week. I'm on conquer.

Just curious if anyone is working out regularly at the gym?

Karen31
01-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Carol-- I love your new tracker. They are fun.

Bonni-Just keep coming back and posting often and the time will go by in no time.

Kellie---I don't go to the gym but I have a tradmill, Gazelle, recumbent bike, mini trampoline and 2 exercise balls and many exercise videos in my basement. I have Richard Simmons and Walk Away The Pounds. A good collection from both. I call it my "Woman Cave" I have bought a few of the things from craigslist and had some given to me. I had got so off track and then just getting started back good when I was hit by the flu! Now I am feeling much better and am ready to start tackling it again. I am pretty excited about this whole new plan. Good luck to you.

Carolis60
01-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Cute tracker Carolis60!
Bonni

Bonni-- Thanks, I really wanted a paint brush but that was not an option, so Mr. Buzz it it! :D The days will fly by. Just keep reading and posting.

KellieLou--Not I....I just do the water aerobics and walk when it's not to cold.

Karen31--You asked about the water aerobics. I started it this summer in an outdoor pool with other senior ladies. Basically it's "range of motion" movements, but I really get my legs and arms working. If you have a pool and at least 4.5 ft deep, get a float belt and the medium float weights for the water. You can get a good workout using them. The class does marching, running through tires, sit ups, side stretches and more. One exercise really helped my hips get loosened so it's easier for me to walk. I was amazed after the first class.
I think you said you have a pool??
The float belt keeps you higher in the water so you won't touch your toes. I really like 5.5 or 6 feet or more in depth, but sometimes the motels are only 4.5 feet deep. But it works. Do what you can! It is so much fun taking my belt with us when we stay at motels with a pool, so we can exercise after checking in.
I never thought I've have so much fun in the water!!
I can do my hair and makeup in the morning and still get in my hour. I love it and could do it every day. Feel great after wards. I go 3 times a week at least. You don't splash to much. If you need any more info, contact me through 3fc's.
Glad everyone has had a good week so far.

Carolis :carrot:

PrairieChick
01-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Ok, I'm trying out my new tracker. Let's see if it works,
Carol

:bravo: Carol! It's YOU!!! :broc:

Cute tracker Carolis60!
Bonni

Bonnie :^: You ONLY have to wait a little over 15 days!
You should get your signature and get to design your ticker on or around 1/22/10! :woohoo:

I'm doing great this week. We decided to redo week 5 because we were using the holiday plan last week. Only a few more days because week 6 and it looks like it will really switch up next week. I'm on conquer.

Just curious if anyone is working out regularly at the gym?

:cp: KelliLou :cp:
I do various workouts at home - I mix it up. While doing DEPLETE this week, I'm not working out, other than the regular chores around the house :whoo:

What I do - to mix it up - so the body doesn't get content at the expenditure of energy is:
Kitchen Yoga (yes, I have the book, bought it at B&N)
Walking outside on hilly dirt roads (that is a REAL workout, when you count the wind working against ya too)
I stretch and workout on my balance ball
And I have a stepper (just a small one that counts the steps, it has bands so I get an upper workout too. :workout:

Between all that - I stay pretty busy on the workout end! :bubbles:

I had got so off track and then just getting started back good when I was hit by the flu! Now I am feeling much better and am ready to start tackling it again. I am pretty excited about this whole new plan. Good luck to you.

Karne31 - :cp: Glad you are feel'n better and on plan! You have SOME woman cave there! :dancer::exercise::lifter::running::ebike::tread:: trampo:
__________________________________________________ ____
Well, to be expected, I'm a little tired, craving carbs, but I'm not going to give into it - just NOT worth it! Have successfully completed day 3 of DEPLETE and I'm really look'n forward to the "SHIFT"!

Have a GREAT evening everyone! :grouphug:

candyS
01-06-2010, 10:39 PM
::balloons::wel3fc::balloons: Candice!
GREAT to have you JOIN us!

First of all, your report is VERY detailed! ;)
More detailed than I'm use to... :o
I keep it VERY simple and just count the carbs on DEPLETE week - 20 or less carbs per day. I use the Journal as given on page 238 of "Crack the Fat Loss Code" along with the suggested food list given on pages 76 - 86. I don't count calories anymore - that is why I really like this plan. The measuring is enough for me - that's where I cut the line in programs! :hug:

What I would do, if you are really serious and concerned about this is...
Let's see :chin: this is Wednesday - just do Carb Deplete for the REST OF THIS WEEK - then jumb right back in and start WEEK 2 again on Monday.
Yep! :idea: that sounds good. ;)

Have a GREAT day! :grouphug:

:thanks::thanks::
Thank you for getting back to so quickly. I will go back to the deplete tomorrow & then restart Week 2 next Monday.

I am super new to posting & it will take me some time to get it down.
Thanks Again

Carolis60
01-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Kim--Don't you think my ticker is, soooooo me? :D

I hear pizza calling. Sorry girls! Your times coming soon! I promise!!

Keep on Crackin', :broc:

Carol

mateogirl
01-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Karen31, I will be starting around the same date, I was going to start on Jan.4th but I decided to concentrate on quitting smoking first. Which is a hard thing to do on it's own, so first that, then Crackin.

Karen31
01-07-2010, 12:22 AM
mateogirl---Congrats on quitting smoking! I did that about 8 years ago and I know how hard it is to do. Right now my son is going through it too--- day 5 for him.
I will be looking for you to start with. I am so excited about this plan.

PrairieChick
01-07-2010, 01:46 AM
Karen31, I will be starting around the same date, I was going to start on Jan.4th but I decided to concentrate on quitting smoking first. Which is a hard thing to do on it's own, so first that, then Crackin.

Mateogirl - GLAD you found our NEW thread, and you just start anytime you are comfortable! :hug:

It's tuff enough to quit :smoking:! But to let you know in advance - this program will be a BREEZE once you start it - compared to you kicking that habit! :hug:

We're with you all the way! :grouphug:
__________________________________________________ ___

Sorry if I missed some post today (responding to) I'm :book2: them all and am SO PROUD of you all - you are SO positive and doing GREAT on program!

Of course I think it could be due to the GREAT work that Wendy Chant did on the program too! :yay:

Karen31
01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Carol, Thanks for the info on the water exercises. Our pool is 16' X 34' and goes from 3.5' to 6.5 deep. Here are a couple pictures of what the pool looked like when we bought the house and then after I had it redone. Now I am just anxious for Spring to get here so I can start using it. I wasn't able to use it after they finished it but that is what I wanted done. They winterized it and covered it and now it will be ready sometime in April to take the cover off. So those ideas that you gave me will be used for sure. I need to find me one of those belts that you are talking about.

Better go slice some bread for the hubby---- he thinks he is hungry!!!

PrairieChick
01-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Carol, Thanks for the info on the water exercises. Our pool is 16' X 34' and goes from 3.5' to 6.5 deep. Here are a couple pictures of what the pool looked like when we bought the house and then after I had it redone. Now I am just anxious for Spring to get here so I can start using it. I wasn't able to use it after they finished it but that is what I wanted done. They winterized it and covered it and now it will be ready sometime in April to take the cover off. So those ideas that you gave me will be used for sure. I need to find me one of those belts that you are talking about.

Better go slice some bread for the hubby---- he thinks he is hungry!!!

Do I :listen: POOL PARTY! :dancer::dance::high:
That doesn't even look like the SAME pool! ;)
:woohoo: I'll be at your place on April 1st to christen that POOL! :woohoo:

Here is a sign I think you should put on the fence....

http://www.swimoutlet.com/photos/11879-2T.jpg

:swim::lol3::swim:

Karen31
01-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Love the sign!!! I think I may just have to make one like that to put out there... Yeah, I couldn't believe the difference in it from day one to the end. I have a hard time seeing how things could look. I took pictures from Day one through Day Eight. It actually only took them eight days to get it done but it was over like a month and half. I know my Dad would be smiling knowing that I took part of the inheritance and fixed it up. He always enjoyed having his. I don't think mine will be warm enough the first of April but after having it uncovered and letting the sun warm it up for a few weeks it should be ready. Just hope the weather is nice enough the first part of April to uncover it.

PrairieChick
01-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Love the sign!!! I think I may just have to make one like that to put out there... Yeah, I couldn't believe the difference in it from day one to the end. I have a hard time seeing how things could look. I took pictures from Day one through Day Eight. It actually only took them eight days to get it done but it was over like a month and half. I know my Dad would be smiling knowing that I took part of the inheritance and fixed it up. He always enjoyed having his. I don't think mine will be warm enough the first of April but after having it uncovered and letting the sun warm it up for a few weeks it should be ready. Just hope the weather is nice enough the first part of April to uncover it.

Well, with the Global Warming :eek: :chin: we have been experiencing lately :lol3:

I would probably throw out the calendar and just go with what is happening around that time of year. I even think the "frost dates" have changed this year. :yikes.

I really feel for the farmers right now - they are really having to work HARD ::whoo: to keep their crops! :cry:

Karen31
01-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I hear you on that... And I just saw where there are lots of people without power in Oklahoma---and you know they have to be miserable. I'm in the house with the fireplace going and still cold! And yes, the poor farmers, that is so sad that they are having it so rough. And that will pass down to us by the prices in the grocery store. But we really shouldn't complain too much about that as long as we have the money to buy---- the farmers may lose everything. Sad..

SkinnyK10
01-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Argh! Where is the "Shift"!?!?! I feel really yucky today and I'm pretty sure I am getting enough fat and protein. I'm ready to go to bed and it's only 4:20 ET!

On the bright side I did notice today that my skin looks much better! I can always tell when I've got too much sugar in my system because I look extra old and tired. Today I looked a lot better. I'm just too tired to move. Help!

cajungirl64
01-07-2010, 05:31 PM
:wave: Hi Kim, Gosh, I should have figured that out, I wasn't thinkin' I guess. :thanks: Carolis said you would like the Ezekiel bread machine recipe?
I would be happy to share it. :comp: Today is my 4th day on this crackin' and my energy is way low. :faint: Only 3 more days to go. I can do this.:carrot:
I've lost 5.8 pounds so far. Congrats. on your 3 pound loss.
Have a great day,
Blessings,
Linda H. (cajungirl)

Karen31
01-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi Linda, That bread recipe sounds like something that I would like also. Would you like to put it in the thread for the recipes here. Kim started a thread just for recipes.

Did you say you have been on this plan for 4 days now and lost 5.8 pounds? That is great.. Congrats!

My books didn't come today maybe tomorrow.

cajungirl64
01-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi SkinnyK10: I'm feelin' yucky today too:dz: Hang in there...it will get better!:yes: I have 3 more days of the Deplete and then things should start looking up? :bike:
Take care,
Linda H. (cajungirl)

SkinnyK10
01-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Hi SkinnyK10: I'm feelin' yucky today too:dz: Hang in there...it will get better!:yes: I have 3 more days of the Deplete and then things should start looking up? :bike:
Take care,
Linda H. (cajungirl)

Thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate it!:hug:

bonmike
01-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi Ladies,
I was not feeling well today and then realized why! At least we're ll in the same boat and know what to expect!!!
Thanks to KIm and everyone else for the info and support!
Down about 5 lbs. with deplete too. Congratulations to all of us!!!!!
We will succeed!
Five days down!!!
Bonni
I can't even do smilies yet right???? (Unless I don't know how)>

bonmike
01-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Sorry but I am trying out my smilies.
:trampo:
:cp:
Have a good night.
Bonni
:)

PrairieChick
01-08-2010, 01:02 AM
I hear you on that... And I just saw where there are lots of people without power in Oklahoma---and you know they have to be miserable. I'm in the house with the fireplace going and still cold! And yes, the poor farmers, that is so sad that they are having it so rough. And that will pass down to us by the prices in the grocery store. But we really shouldn't complain too much about that as long as we have the money to buy---- the farmers may lose everything. Sad..

A BIG Ditto on that, Karen! :hug:

Argh! Where is the "Shift"!?!?! I feel really yucky today and I'm pretty sure I am getting enough fat and protein. I'm ready to go to bed and it's only 4:20 ET!

On the bright side I did notice today that my skin looks much better! I can always tell when I've got too much sugar in my system because I look extra old and tired. Today I looked a lot better. I'm just too tired to move. Help!

Yep, the "SHIFT" has NOT hit me yet...:faint: So to keep my somewhat energy going today - I made sure I ATE all 6 meals - come on SHIFT!!!! :dizzy:

:wave: Hi Kim, Gosh, I should have figured that out, I wasn't thinkin' I guess. :thanks: Carolis said you would like the Ezekiel bread machine recipe?
I would be happy to share it. :comp: Today is my 4th day on this crackin' and my energy is way low. :faint: Only 3 more days to go. I can do this.:carrot:
I've lost 5.8 pounds so far. Congrats. on your 3 pound loss.
Have a great day,
Blessings,
Linda H. (cajungirl)

:woohoo: Yes, that would be GREAT if you would post that on our Recipe thread - here is the link for it, just click on it and post it, OK? :thanks:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/189742-crack-conquer-fat-loss-code-recipe-collection.html

My :goodscale: doesn't do fractions - so I have to use the good old whole number. I guess I can live with that - not going to buy another scale till this one gives up the ghost! ;)

Hi Linda, That bread recipe sounds like something that I would like also. Would you like to put it in the thread for the recipes here. Kim started a thread just for recipes.

Did you say you have been on this plan for 4 days now and lost 5.8 pounds? That is great.. Congrats!

My books didn't come today maybe tomorrow.

:cry: Maybe it will be soon, deliveries have been STRANGE this time of year. :hug:

Sorry but I am trying out my smilies.
:trampo:
:cp:
Have a good night.
Bonni
:)

GREAT JOB Bonnie! :dancer:
__________________________________________________ ___________

Ok, I got through this day pretty well, but had to eat all SIX meals to do it. My energy is sluggish too - but I KNOW that "SHIFT" is just around the corner! ;)

:grouphug:

Carolis60
01-08-2010, 03:41 AM
I've lost 5.8 pounds so far. Congratulations on your 3 pound loss.
Have a great day,
Blessings,
Linda H. (cajungirl)

:wave: Linda H. cajungirl
That will be super if you post your recipe for the EZ bread on the recipe page. I know if you and dh enjoy it, it must be delicious. :carrot:

:congrat: on the 5.8 pounds!! :bravo: :cheer:

Your more than half way to the second week. How's dh doing? Don't want to leave him out. Here's a :hug: for him. ;)
Well, gotta hit the sack.

Looks like everybody is doing great this week.

Carolis :broc:

SkinnyK10
01-08-2010, 03:01 PM
HI all y'all - just checking in! Good luck to everyone finishing out the deplete week this weekend. WE CAN DO IT! I'll post my loss on Mon morning. Hope it's a good one!

Karen31
01-08-2010, 05:32 PM
:cry:No books again today--- but I did have a pleasant surprise when I got on the scales this morning---- down 4 pounds. YAY!!:woohoo: I haven't even tried to get started on the plan yet but have been cutting back on carbs and maybe this will help prepare me for the Deplete week! I would like to get a scale that shows fractions too-- but my goodness there are so many to choose from..any thoughts on these? Also something I wanted to ask about-- my hubby likes the skinless chicken breast which is fine but I was wondering if buying the thighs (for me) would be more in line with the portion size? I want to get everything set up for success!

SkinnyK10
01-08-2010, 05:55 PM
:cry:No books again today--- but I did have a pleasant surprise when I got on the scales this morning---- down 4 pounds. YAY!!:woohoo: I haven't even tried to get started on the plan yet but have been cutting back on carbs and maybe this will help prepare me for the Deplete week! I would like to get a scale that shows fractions too-- but my goodness there are so many to choose from..any thoughts on these? Also something I wanted to ask about-- my hubby likes the skinless chicken breast which is fine but I was wondering if buying the thighs (for me) would be more in line with the portion size? I want to get everything set up for success!

Congrats on the weight loss! As for the chicken, Wendy says chicken breast! Buy a food scale - you'll need it to weigh most of your proteins. The great thing about chicken is if you cook too much you can save it and have it in a salad the next day.

You'll need a good protein shake too. I recommend Designer Whey brand in chocolate or vanilla. It has no artificial sweeteners in it (sweetened with Stevia which is a plant) and fits Wendy's requirements in terms of carb and protein count. I found it in my natural food section at Kroger. They also sell it at Rite Aid.

Good luck!:p

Karen31
01-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi Skinny10, Thanks for that info. too. I haven't done much checking on the protein shakes yet. I know someone here has said something about the Atkins ready to drink ones pretty much meet with Wendy's requirements too. I think. Just been taking lots of notes and getting prepared.

Thanks

LowCarbLu
01-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Hello fellow Crackers! So nice to see new people finding us.
I have been away for a long while it seems, but I've been on program the whole time!
I am losing weight steadily. Another 10lbs lost in December, and we were on a cruise!!!! YES, it is possible!!!
I started carb deplete on Dec. 28 to lose the 3lbs. I gained on the cruise. I lost 8lbs that week!!! Am on week 2 of my second go round of the 8 week "crack" program.
I began this program wearing 22-24 pants, and am so close to a 16 now I can taste it!!! Oh, and I do not exercise regularly. So, weight loss IS possible without all that time in the gym.
Good luck to everyone, and "happy cracking"!!!

ignore the weight listing to the left...I haven't updated it :)

catchup
01-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Congratulations Karen31 on your 4 pounds lost (without even starting yet!). I gorged on Jasmine rice in my stir fry the day before I started the plan :) I'm on day 5 right now and I feel great. I have no idea if I've lost anything since I chose not to do any weighing for at least three weeks. We'll see!

LowCarbLu
01-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Hi Skinny10, Thanks for that info. too. I haven't done much checking on the protein shakes yet. I know someone here has said something about the Atkins ready to drink ones pretty much meet with Wendy's requirements too. I think. Just been taking lots of notes and getting prepared.

Thanks

I have been using EAS brand Whey protein powder from Sam's Club. It's quite good AND inexpensive. But, for more chocolate flavor, use GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Powder (in the red bag). Both of these seem to meet program guidelines.

I haven't checked the Atkins ready made protein shakes. It seems Atkins counts carbs in a different way than Wendy did. Our net carb counts come from carbs minus fiber equals net carbs. just fyi

Happy "cracking".

PrairieChick
01-08-2010, 06:51 PM
You'll need a good protein shake too. I recommend Designer Whey brand in chocolate or vanilla. It has no artificial sweeteners in it (sweetened with Stevia which is a plant) and fits Wendy's requirements in terms of carb and protein count. I found it in my natural food section at Kroger. They also sell it at Rite Aid.

Good luck!:p

I found a protein shake on from Bodybuilders.com for a great price and it taste GREAT with 35 servings/container! I ordered it in Banana and Chocolate - it is called "Micellar Matrix featuring Bioactive Peptides" by ISS...

The Chocolate Label for 1 scoop...
Calories: 130
Fat: 2 g (1 fr. is Sat.fat.)
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 50 mg
Potassium: 115 mg
Total Carbs: 4 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 1 g+
Protein 25 g

The Banana Label for 1 scoop...(I mix this with Crystal Light Strawberry/Kiwi and it is fantastic)
Calories: 122
Fat: 2 g (1 fr. is Sat.fat.)
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 50 mg
Potassium: 115 mg
Total Carbs: 3 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars <1 g
Protein 25 g

You might Google it and see what you think!

On the Chocolate Designer Whey - it has good readings...
18 g Protein
2 g Sugar
2 g Fat

I think I'll look for it at King Soopers (Kroger) next time I'm in town - it sure will be easier to get than to order! AND it looks like it has LOWER calories too, just 100 calories per serving! :chef:

I know that the portions for chicken thighs looks good to ya, and the flavor is really better than a chick breast - that's because it is loaded with more FAT! Stick with the chicken and turkey skinless breast - stay away from the dark meat while you are trying to reduce, OK?

:bravo: on the weight loss! :dancer:

:cry: sorry you don't have your books yet, maybe tomorrow!

LowCarbLu
01-08-2010, 06:52 PM

OMG!!! Are you a glutton for punishment or what? :dizzy:
Stopping smoking AND dieting???
I waited almost one year after stopping smoking to start dieting.

Kudos to you, girl!!! :D

Karen31
01-08-2010, 06:53 PM
WOW! LowCarbLu-- that weight loss is really fantastic. Congratulations!! I will check on those protein shakes too. What part of Colorado are you in? We lived in Colorado up until last May when we moved here to MO. We lived up in Florissant, (about 15 minutes from Cripple Creek) in the mountains. We moved back here because I have always loved MO. and wanted to be close to my family. We still have our house out there for sale.....wish things would pick up in the real estate area!

LowCarbLu
01-08-2010, 06:59 PM
WOW! LowCarbLu-- that weight loss is really fantastic. Congratulations!! I will check on those protein shakes too. What part of Colorado are you in? We lived in Colorado up until last May when we moved here to MO. We lived up in Florissant, (about 15 minutes from Cripple Creek) in the mountains. We moved back here because I have always loved MO. and wanted to be close to my family. We still have our house out there for sale.....wish things would pick up in the real estate area!

Karen,
Thank you for your encouragment! Also, congrats on YOUR weight loss!!!

I'm on the Western Slope; Grand Junction. Yeah, the real estate market has dried up, hasn't it?

Are you liking MO? Bet it's COLD!!!!!! Bundle up.

Keep on "cracking"!:carrot:

LowCarbLu
01-08-2010, 07:08 PM
I know this is "crack", but WW has some good thoughts on weight loss like:

Weigh yourself only once a week; same day, time and amount of garments. (any more than once a week and you can go crazy chasing the scale)

Dip your fork in the salad dressing and then into your salad. (you'll use half as much dressing as you do pouring it on!)

Toss the croutons away...even if it's a carb day!

If you must eat pre-packaged foods, find things that have 5 ingredients or less. Or better yet, eat FRESH FOODS.

This has been my 2 cents. :)

PrairieChick
01-08-2010, 07:14 PM
I know this is "crack", but WW has some good thoughts on weight loss like:

Weigh yourself only once a week; same day, time and amount of garments. (any more than once a week and you can go crazy chasing the scale)

Dip your fork in the salad dressing and then into your salad. (you'll use half as much dressing as you do pouring it on!)

Toss the croutons away...even if it's a carb day!

If you must eat pre-packaged foods, find things that have 5 ingredients or less. Or better yet, eat FRESH FOODS.

This has been my 2 cents. :)

GREAT ADVICE! Good to see ya again too! :hug:
:bravo: on your weight loss! :woohoo: You're right - the clothes tell the tale better than the :goodscale:

LowCarbLu
01-08-2010, 07:22 PM
GREAT ADVICE! Good to see ya again too! :hug:
:bravo: on your weight loss! :woohoo: You're right - the clothes tell the tale better than the :goodscale:

Great to be back PrairieChick!:)

Keep on "cracking" everyone!!!

cajungirl64
01-09-2010, 11:17 AM
:cp::bravo: Karen 31 on your 4 pound loss! Super! :carrot:
Gosh, wonder what's taking your books so long to get to you, could be the weather situation? Hmmmmm. :chin: But sounds like your ahead of the game even without the books....:D Way to go! ;)
Blessings,
Linda H. (cajungirl)

cajungirl64
01-09-2010, 11:24 AM
OMGosh! That's super LowCarbLu!:carrot: You are doing wonderful. I hope I can keep doing this and doing it right!? One more day on the deplete for me and DH, so far we have both lost 6 pounds. Anyway just wanted to say congrats! Keep on Crackin'! :D
Blessings,
Linda H. (cajungirl)

cajungirl64
01-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Hey Thanks SkinnyK10 and Kim for the info on the Whey Protein Powders. The one's I have give me cramps a few minutes after I drink the shake? Not sure what it is in the powder that might be doing it. I've kind of been shying away from drinking them because of that. They don't seem to bother DH though? I might see if one of those other brands are a little better? Anyway thanks again. Have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings,
Linda H. (cajungirl)

Karen31
01-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the info. on the chicken---I wasn't even thinking about white/meat dark meat. BUT I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT!! And I like Chicken breast so I will just stick with that and weigh out my portion.

And I will also be checking into the protein shakes. Now I just need my books! Ijust went to track my order for the books and it looks like they should be here today!! I have my fingers crossed!!

cajungirl64
01-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi Kim and anyone else who can help here: I'm a little confused with this WOE. Me and DH are both doing this together and the deplete week was pretty easy, but Monday we will be on the Macro. We have been following Wendy's menu's in the book because "for some reason" we aren't sure what we can or cannot eat if we don't stay with her menu's. But some of them are just repeats of the deplete? Are we still watching carbs also?
We both have done the LC WOE, but we know this WOE is more about watching the fats..right? Anyway, what I was wonder is do all of you follow Wendy's menu plans in her book or do you make your own menu plans? You all have said that you really like this WOE, so we don't want to stop following it because we know from what you all have said that it works!
But we sure could use some help!! Or ideas :) Thanks in advance.
Linda H. (cajungirl)

Karen31
01-09-2010, 03:42 PM
:broc: Yay!! I got my books today!! :broc: I have just set down to start reading it and I did glance on to the plan. But what I am wanting to know is on the Salmon, do you have to eat salmon? Can you substitute canned Tuna? I've never had it and I really wouldn't know how to cook it or when it is done to eat. I am willing to give it a good try if I can get some recipes for it. I did look through the book and there is a recipe in there for Grilled Rosemary Balsamic Salmon. But ir says use Planners B,C, & D. I am thinking that I might be able to get the book read and if I can I may start on this Monday (the 11th) We are needing to go to the grocery store this afternoon so I think I will look through and see what groceries I need to get to get started. :)

If any of you have any ideas on the Salmon or have a quick get started grocery list for me ---- let me know. Can you tell that I am soooooo Ready to get started?? Thanks

PrairieChick
01-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi Kim and anyone else who can help here: I'm a little confused with this WOE. Me and DH are both doing this together and the deplete week was pretty easy, but Monday we will be on the Macro. We have been following Wendy's menu's in the book because "for some reason" we aren't sure what we can or cannot eat if we don't stay with her menu's. But some of them are just repeats of the deplete? Are we still watching carbs also?
We both have done the LC WOE, but we know this WOE is more about watching the fats..right? Anyway, what I was wonder is do all of you follow Wendy's menu plans in her book or do you make your own menu plans? You all have said that you really like this WOE, so we don't want to stop following it because we know from what you all have said that it works!
But we sure could use some help!! Or ideas :) Thanks in advance.
Linda H. (cajungirl)

NOPE - You don't count Carbs anymore after Deplete Week! :broc:

Remember, Carbs are NOT the enemy and that this is not a Low Carb Diet. (yep, explain THAT, with this thread being in the LC area of 3FC's :dizzy: - TRADITION - I'll claim that and stick with it!) That is JUST for Deplete week.

NOW - on the Macro-Patterning Cycle, Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle and Maintenance Cycle - you DO count Saturated Fat or Non-beneficial Fats and have keep them to UNDER 20 grams a day.

Your food list (pages 99-103) will help you come up with some VERY simple plans for meals, along with some of Wendy's Recipes.

What I find myself doing, is eating a lot of PURE food, simple to make, non-formulated (no recipe) type of meals, and I fully enjoy them and they are VERY satisfying too!

Need some cookbooks? I have a million of them I'm getting rid of! :lol3:

:broc: Yay!! I got my books today!! :broc: I have just set down to start reading it and I did glance on to the plan. But what I am wanting to know is on the Salmon, do you have to eat salmon? Can you substitute canned Tuna? I've never had it and I really wouldn't know how to cook it or when it is done to eat. I am willing to give it a good try if I can get some recipes for it. I did look through the book and there is a recipe in there for Grilled Rosemary Balsamic Salmon. But ir says use Planners B,C, & D. I am thinking that I might be able to get the book read and if I can I may start on this Monday (the 11th) We are needing to go to the grocery store this afternoon so I think I will look through and see what groceries I need to get to get started. :)

If any of you have any ideas on the Salmon or have a quick get started grocery list for me ---- let me know. Can you tell that I am soooooo Ready to get started?? Thanks

Salmon is just an example of a FRESH FISH. Pick what you like!

Me, being on the "no coast" :dizzy: Fresh is a matter of definition - I usually end up eating something that has been frozen.

I sure miss the fresh stuff! :cry: I was raised in the Navy - we were by the water all the time, could get fresh sea food at a great LOW price.

Today, if I really want something fresh, I have to go to fresh water and catch it myself! ;) That is a REAL treat! :D

Planners B, C & D are after Deplete week which uses Planner A - hope that helps ya plan out.

So planning your shopping trip for this week, shop by pages 76 - 78 (read pages 81 - 86 too on Wendy's advice for the shopping list) and you will be ALL READY for Monday! :hug:

:woohoo: TIME for a GROUP HUG! :grouphug:

SkinnyK10
01-09-2010, 05:23 PM
One more deplete day to go. I am so impressed with us! I don't know about you but I thought it was stinkin' hard! I'll weigh in Mon morning and let you know how it went. And speaking of Monday morning, I have never looked forward to a bowl of oatmeal so much in my life!!!!! :dance:and MORE VEGETABLES! (I've been sticking pretty much to celery, broccoli and cucumbers).

bonmike
01-09-2010, 05:32 PM
I agree with you skinny!!!!! Can't wait for more variety! Otherwise I don't think it was so bad!
Obviously one has to "want" to do this or else we wouldn't be here!
Had some of "Jillian's" Whey Powder and I think it is awful!
I do like Atkins ready made drinks that someone here mentioned (thanks).

So far a 6 pound lose :cp:, so I'm happy.
Talk to you all later!
Bonni

PrairieChick
01-09-2010, 05:57 PM
One more deplete day to go. I am so impressed with us! I don't know about you but I thought it was stinkin' hard! I'll weigh in Mon morning and let you know how it went. And speaking of Monday morning, I have never looked forward to a bowl of oatmeal so much in my life!!!!! :dance:and MORE VEGETABLES! (I've been sticking pretty much to celery, broccoli and cucumbers).

Yes, Oatmeal, EZ Bread - awwwww...the NEW week will be SWEET! :broc:

PrairieChick
01-09-2010, 06:07 PM
I agree with you skinny!!!!! Can't wait for more variety! Otherwise I don't think it was so bad!
Obviously one has to "want" to do this or else we wouldn't be here!
Had some of "Jillian's" Whey Powder and I think it is awful!
I do like Atkins ready made drinks that someone here mentioned (thanks).

So far a 6 pound lose :cp:, so I'm happy.
Talk to you all later!
Bonni

I got this message from Laura - one of Wendy's Coaches (hand picked by Wendy)

Pr-made shakes? In a can? What kind of preservatives? They may mess with your hormones and eventually make it difficult to continue losing and be toxic for your liver I like American Whey (1 scoop 20g of protein) or Muscle Provider (whey and egg whites). The double chocoloater is awesome. I even make fudgsicles out of it.

So, from the "horses mouth" I'll be shopping better now...
I looked at Jillians Whey Powder, and for some reason, put it back down - for some reason (I can't remember) there was something in the label that didn't work too optimum with the Crack program.

This is what Laura told me about Yogurt...

Yogurt? Well, Wendy hated the use of yogurt but I have a different angle. Please tell me the tupe you like and the carbs, fat, sugars, protein so I can tell you what days and in what quantitiy.

Usually it is too low in protein by itself so you can add 3 TBL of hemp seeds to give a total of about 16g of protein. I eat Dannon Light and Fit Carb control because I am hypoglycemic and it has the lowest sugar.

:woohoo: Learning something NEW every day! :grouphug:

Carolis60
01-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Hey Crackin's,
Hope all of you are having a great Saturday!

You're right Bonni, you really have to want to lose weight, to make a decision to go with a program like this, and follow the first week. :cp:

It wasn't all that hard, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't get tired of broccoli and chicken the first week. But seeing the pounds come off when nothing else I tried worked, made it worth while.

The second weeks veggies never tasted so good!! :drool:

My scale dropped just a tad more this morning, so I'm doing something right after 8 weeks and scale is still going in the down ward direction.

Congrats to all of you who are about to finish the first week on Crack!! :cheer2: Now the fun begins and the scale keeps dropping. Yahoo!! :dancer: :woohoo:

Skinny--Next week will be better. I promise! :carrot:

Kim--can you e-mail me Rose/Kim's planner link? You're an :angel: Sure makes it easier when the food is listed on each page. :thanks: for all your time you put into this for us!! :hug:

PrairieChick
01-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Here is some more information form Laura (A Crack Food Coach, hand picked by Wendy)

OK. The only week we "count" carbs is deplete week one. We hope to never have you deplete for a whole week again because not having the correct carbs at the correct time can actually slow your metabolic rate down.

It is important to eat ALL of the meals and ALL of the servings on the plan. If yo are not hungry you ate too much the meal before. If you are not hungry first thing in the morning you have slowed your metabolism down.

The only time I would have you do a full deplete week is if you have been off the plan for a year. You would do better repeating week 2-3 to get your body back into macro-patterning so your system "trusts" that you will feed it on time and feed it effectively (i.e. the right type of starches)

Hope that helps.

So, I did Deplete again too early - NO WONDER I'm really looking forward to my next week! :crazy:

PrairieChick
01-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Kim--can you e-mail me Rose/Kim's planner link? You're an :angel: Sure makes it easier when the food is listed on each page. :thanks: for all your time you put into this for us!! :hug:

It's on it's way! :broc:

I enjoy this thread so much! My time is noth'n compared to the JOY I get being around fellow Crackers! :grouphug:

Carolis60
01-09-2010, 06:50 PM

Karen-- Salmon, or any fish is really easy to bake. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 7x11 or a 8x8 glass dish with Pam. Rinse your fish and place in dish. I spray the tops of the fish just a little with Pam or you could use Butter Buds. Sometimes I slice an onion or two thin and lay the rings on top, some times not. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, or any seasoning. Cajun is good too. Bake for 15-20 minutes or till flaky. You can do this with any fish. (When the liquid from the fish is pretty much just about burned, the fish will be done) Don't over cook. Serve with a salad and veggie. Salmon is a mild fish and it has the O-mega 3 good fats. I like the tilapia, catfish, and red snapper too. Check out www.allrecipes.com and type in fish. They are my favorite site to go to to find a recipe.
Carol

PrairieChick
01-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Karen-- Salmon, or any fish is really easy to bake. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 7x11 or a 8x8 glass dish with Pam. Rinse your fish and place in dish. I spray the tops of the fish just a little with Pam or you could use Butter Buds. Sometimes I slice an onion or two thin and lay the rings on top, some times not. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, or any seasoning. Cajun is good too. Bake for 15-20 minutes or till flaky. You can do this with any fish. (When the liquid from the fish is pretty much just about burned, the fish will be done) Don't over cook. Serve with a salad and veggie. Salmon is a mild fish and it has the O-mega 3 good fats. I like the tilapia, catfish, and red snapper too. Check out www.allrecipes.com and type in fish. They are my favorite site to go to to find a recipe.
Carol

GREAT Carol!
Now, I know that is not a "recipe" but it sure would be helpful to place it in our recipe thread - "How to Bake Fish" - what ya think? :chef:

Carolis60
01-09-2010, 08:28 PM
GREAT Carol!
Now, I know that is not a "recipe" but it sure would be helpful to place it in our recipe thread - "How to Bake Fish" - what ya think? :chef:

Kim-- Sure, I think it can go under the recipe file! Didn't think to put it there. I was trying to help out Karen, or anybody for that matter, not to be afraid of cooking fish. I could eat fish 5 days a week. If I have shrimp for dinner, I'm usually hungry in the morning. I usually eat 6 ounces for dinner. Most of the time I lose weight the next day. Hmmmm, maybe I should give this a try! :D Wouldn't it be neat to lose weight 5 days in a row???? Yippee!!! This is something I need to give some serious thought to. I could say it was a science experiment. :rofl:

Carol

bonmike
01-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks Kim for the info on premade shakes. I wish I would have put Jillian's protein down too!!! :)

Kim, now that I have both books, are the Rose/Kim's planners any different than the book?
If they are less confusing and easier to use, I will try to send you my e-mail again.
Thanks.

Have a great night everyone.
Bonni

Karen31
01-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Carol, Thanks for that info. on the fish. I will make sure I keep that to use. My hubby doesn't like any kind of fish except Tuna mixed with a little mayo cold on a sandwich. And can you believe he is from Boston???? If I make some of this type salmon can you keep leftovers and reheat or does it mess with it. I was looking at Walmart just a bit ago and they havefrozen salmon (didn't know it was so expensive) so that made me think about leftovers. Gosh, can you tell that I am really new at this?? I decided to read more and get a real plan going and go with my original plan and start on the 18th. I so much want this to be successful!!

My power adapter went out on my computer last night and of course I didn't know it and thought that I was plugged in. When all of a sudden my computer said 6% battery left. So after spending $75 on a new one this evening I am back up and running. I do have a desk top also but enjoy having my laptop in the living room.

It's cold here tonight-- 11 degrees but is supposed to start warming up again. That will make me happy!!! Everybody have a good evening and stay warm!!

PrairieChick
01-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Kim-- Sure, I think it can go under the recipe file! Didn't think to put it there. I was trying to help out Karen, or anybody for that matter, not to be afraid of cooking fish. I could eat fish 5 days a week. If I have shrimp for dinner, I'm usually hungry in the morning. I usually eat 6 ounces for dinner. Most of the time I lose weight the next day. Hmmmm, maybe I should give this a try! :D Wouldn't it be neat to lose weight 5 days in a row???? Yippee!!! This is something I need to give some serious thought to. I could say it was a science experiment. :rofl:

Carol

OK, Carol - I'll put the recipe for "baking fish" on the other thread so that others can find it down the road...I know it will be confusing - but what you did is perfecting GREAT! ;)

I was raised with fish, but to cook it????? :crazy: my MOM did that! When I married, I married a BEEF man who really didn't care for fish. So, I'm learning for the first time! ;)

hmmmmmmm...eat fish in the evening - be lighter in the morning - YES! I think that works for me too come to think of it...:chin:

Thanks Kim for the info on premade shakes. I wish I would have put Jillian's protein down too!!! :)

Kim, now that I have both books, are the Rose/Kim's planners any different than the book?
If they are less confusing and easier to use, I will try to send you my e-mail again.
Thanks.

Have a great night everyone.
Bonni

The Rose/Kim's planner are just a combination of the planner as in the book PLUS the foods allowed for that planner day are on the sheet too - so it puts all the information on one sheet.

I really don't think you can message me until your 20 days - but maybe you can AIM me (the little yellow guy on my profile), if it shows up for you, then it's OK! :dancer:
I have tweaked my AIM so I don't have to be online for you to message me. :broc:

Otherwise :cry: I don't think it will work. :stress:

cajungirl64
01-09-2010, 11:10 PM
OK, Carol - I'll put the recipe for "baking fish" on the other thread so that others can find it down the road...I know it will be confusing - but what you did is perfecting GREAT! ;)

I was raised with fish, but to cook it????? :crazy: my MOM did that! When I married, I married a BEEF man who really didn't care for fish. So, I'm learning for the first time! ;)

hmmmmmmm...eat fish in the evening - be lighter in the morning - YES! I think that works for me too come to think of it...:chin:

The Rose/Kim's planner are just a combination of the planner as in the book PLUS the foods allowed for that planner day are on the sheet too - so it puts all the information on one sheet.

I really don't think you can message me until your 20 days - but maybe you can AIM me (the little yellow guy on my profile), if it shows up for you, then it's OK! :dancer:
I have tweaked my AIM so I don't have to be online for you to message me. :broc:

Otherwise :cry: I don't think it will work. :stress:

Hi Kim: Could I pretty please get a copy of Rose/Wendy's planner also? I think it might help me a little more. Thanks for replying to my post. Your great! One more day of deplete...woo-hoo!! So far 6 pounds lighter. :)
Thanks,
Linda H.

PrairieChick
01-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi Kim: Could I pretty please get a copy of Rose/Wendy's planner also? I think it might help me a little more. Thanks for replying to my post. Your great! One more day of deplete...woo-hoo!! So far 6 pounds lighter. :)
Thanks,
Linda H.

OK, Linda - you don't have anyway of contacting ME - but you do have a way of contacting Carolis60 (she being a freind of yours from way back).

So, here's the plan, :idea: I just sent the planner to Carol, see if she will send it to you. Otherwise, you will have to wait your competed 20 days here to contact me (3FC's does not encourage us to post our email addresses - there are NASTY people out there reading sites to get email addresses :devil:)

Carolis60
01-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Evening girls,
Hope you all try the fish, it's super simple and so good for us. We try to eat just a couple beef meals a week. We fill in dinners with a couple fish, (even if dh is not that crazy about it), chicken, and ground turkey patties or I make a meat loaf out of the ground turkey or turkey taco salad. I'm trying to cut back on the beef if I can.

This could be used for B C & D days, lunch or dinner.

I like home made soup on the chilly days and for years I always started the base with water and a bouillon cube, salt and pepper..... till I found chicken broth. Now soup is so easy and has so much more flavor.

Start with the container/s of ff chicken broth and simmer in large sauce pan. Cut up any veggies you like...celery, onion, zucchini, summer squash, green beans, sliced mushrooms, asparagus tips, and a tsp of diced garlic. (your choice here ladies) Add carrots for the appropriate day only, and simmer for a few minutes.

If you want the soup a little thicker...Guar Gum is a great product I found at the natural foods store. I keep mine in a jar with a shaker like my chili peppers. It only takes a couple shakes to make this soup a little thicker. I add thyme, basil, and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 15 minutes so the spices blend.

It's delicious by itself, but if you want to add some protein.....left over taco meat is great and so is chicken or even cubed roast. Weigh your protein separate (heated a little) and add to your bowl and then add the soup mix. That way you won't be cheating yourself on your protein serving. My thinking is if you mixed the protein in with everything, you won't know if you're getting enough protein per scoop. This takes the guess work out of it.

If you have a family, make your bowl first, and then you can add the rest of the protein to the large batch of soup..... after you've served yourself. Most of the time while raising the kids through the years, we always fed everyone else at the table before us, and we dished our plate last. Am I right? Not this time, we dish ours first! :D

Kim---Thank you for sending me the planners. The second time worked great.

cajungirl--Hope I gave you a few pointers via phone today, so you won't get bored with the meals. Really, we have so many choices, we just have to learn how to live outside of the box and learn to tweak veggies dishes so they aren't loaded with fat.

Like Kim said, meal main dish meats are prepared pretty simple, but mixing up the veggies will bring some much needed change to this woe. Between you, Kim, and me, I don't think we're at any loss for veggies recipes. Sounds like we have oodles of recipe books.

Don't forget to look over that black been humus and see if it would be on the program. It's delicious!

Everyone have a wonderful relaxing Sunday!! Rest and plan your meals and snacks for next week. Doing a little planning will help us through the week ahead.

Time to call it a night. Chat more next time.
Sounds like we're all doing a fine job with Wendy's program. I know she's rooting us on from up above! :angel:

Carol:broc:

bonmike
01-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Kim,
I just tried IM'ng you again and couldn't.
I guess I'll keep trying until my 20 days are up. Maybe 1 time I will succeed.
Thanks anyhow.
Bonni

cajungirl64
01-10-2010, 08:51 AM
OK, Linda - you don't have anyway of contacting ME - but you do have a way of contacting Carolis60 (she being a freind of yours from way back).

So, here's the plan, :idea: I just sent the planner to Carol, see if she will send it to you. Otherwise, you will have to wait your competed 20 days here to contact me (3FC's does not encourage us to post our email addresses - there are NASTY people out there reading sites to get email addresses :devil:)

Alright Kim, I understand about you not being able to send me the planner. I guess I can do without it. Thanks anyway.
Linda H.

bonmike
01-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Hi Everyone!
Haven't been on all day!!! Hope you all were successful this week.
Good luck starting the NEW WEEK.
By the way, if I can't find Ezekiel bread, does anyone have a replacement?????
Thanks,
Bonni

Karen31
01-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Hi Bonni, There is a recipe in that thread for Homemade Ezekiel bread. I thought that was pretty good. I haven't tried it yet but am keeping that in mind. I think that Walmart sells it though.

PrairieChick
01-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi Everyone!
Haven't been on all day!!! Hope you all were successful this week.
Good luck starting the NEW WEEK.
By the way, if I can't find Ezekiel bread, does anyone have a replacement?????
Thanks,
Bonni

Hi Bonni!:wave:
I found Ezekiel bread at a Kroger's Store (locally - King Soopers). It was in the frozen food isle with the healthy food selections.

You might look at your local health food stores too. You will always find it either refrigerated or frozen - because it is REAL food without the preservatives for shelf life. OH, and when you get it home, after you open it, keep it in the fridge - fine print I missed - any one need a starter for penicillin??? :crazy:

I picked up the Sesame - it is really good - next I'm going to try the Multi-Grain - I'll let you know what I think of that flavor! :hug:

Hope this helps! :broc:

SkinnyK10
01-11-2010, 09:18 AM
I LOST 7.5 LBS!!!! Yippee!

Carb Deplete week is done. Week 2 here I come! Had yummy oatmeal for breakfast and I am excited to exercise!!

Happy Monday to all and have a great week!

cajungirl64
01-11-2010, 12:04 PM
testing my tracker

Karen31
01-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Linda-- Nice tracker!!!

Hey SkinnyK10---- Congrats on the 7.5 pounds lost! I hope next week that i will be able to report something along those lines too. Well, not this Friday but next!

Good Morning to everyone! I have read the book all the way to Cycle 1 Carb Deplete week Cycle Week 1. I did get a grocery list made out yesterday but we just never made it to the store in time for me to get started on my plan today --so back to my original plan of starting next Monday (18th) That's OK -- I have the book and am still reading and am comfortable with that.

We are going to start getting warmer this week. YAY!!! Right now it is 29 and we are supposed to get up to abour 40 today! I am so ready for Spring!!

Everyone have a good day. Need to get busy get some laundry and housework done.

cajungirl64
01-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Hi Karen: Thanks for the compliment on my tracker. It was fun picking it out. I'm starting my second week and feeling great! I lost 7 pounds the first week which totally amazed me.
Just wanted you to know I'll be cheering for you when you start Crackin'.

Hi to everyone else...hope your Monday was a good one.
Blessings
Linda H.

cajungirl64
01-11-2010, 05:08 PM
I LOST 7.5 LBS!!!! Yippee!

Carb Deplete week is done. Week 2 here I come! Had yummy oatmeal for breakfast and I am excited to exercise!!

Happy Monday to all and have a great week!

HI SkinnyK10: Congrats on your 7.5 loss. I just started on my 2nd week today also. It was so nice to have a "hot" cereal this morning being that it was 21 outside! Brrrr. I lost 7 on Deplete! Kudos to you.
Blessings,
Linda H. :)

Carolis60
01-11-2010, 05:33 PM
HI SkinnyK10: Congrats on your 7.5 loss. I just started on my 2nd week today also. It was so nice to have a "hot" cereal this morning being that it was 21 outside! Brrrr. I lost 7 on Deplete! Kudos to you.
Blessings,
Linda H. :)

Linda-- :cheer: Congratulations on making it through the first week on Crack! :cheer:

This week and all the other weeks will seem like a "piece of cake". ;) :D Almost!!

Love the tracker!! Great choice!!

Skinny--Congrats to you for your loss on the first week also.

Bonni--Take a look at the EZ recipe for the bread. Cajungirl made it and said it was delicious. Dh like it too, so that's a plus.

Dh and I are taking off for the beach for one night, be back tomorrow. Maybe I can find some good grilled shrimp for dinner. We usually have a bowl of Clam Chowder, but it's so thick the spoon stands up straight. I don't think that's a good choice for me right now. :D

Starting 7th week and have 5 B days. Very weird! I feel like I'm on a new program. Seems a little scary to me for some reason. :eek: But I'll watch and see how it goes.

Oh, scale dropped into a lower number today for the first time. Yippee, skippy!! :cp: :cheer2:

Check back tomorrow ladies.
Keep on Crackin!
Carolis :broc:

bonmike
01-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi Everyone.
Congrats to all that lost weight and is finished with deplete!
I lost 7 lbs also. :trampo:

I was soooo happy to eat that oatmeal today too!

Thanks for all the info on EZ bread everyone.
I finally found it at a Winn Dixie store. I could not find it at 2 health stores, and decided to look there, and there it was!!!

Does it matter if we do carb down lunch or breakfast? Do we have to change off or can we eat the carbs anytime, as lomg as it is before 3:00.

Another thing that confuses me is Carb Down is referred to as "C" and
Carb Up is referred to as "D". Am I the only one that thinks it should have been the other way????
I'm sure I'll get used to it but is there any reason that this is done?
Have a great night and great day tomorrow.
Bonni

mateogirl
01-12-2010, 03:10 AM
:carrot:Hi everyone I started the program today, so far so good, I am having a little heartburn though, is this normal? Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow;)

Tina

bonmike
01-12-2010, 08:20 PM
It's pretty quiet here. I know a lot of you are dealing with horrible weather, so I hope you are all okay!
Bonni :dunno: :?:

bonmike
01-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Tina,
Hi. Good luck you can do it. I did not have heartburn my 1st week.
(I'm only on my 2nd week).
Hopefully someone else will respond.
Bonni

mateogirl
01-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Started day 2 of deplete feeling a little nauseated but I think it's because I'm not used to eating so often, I feel like I'm eating non-stop. Can't wait to finish
deplete week:?:

kellielou
01-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Hi All!

Doing okay here. I'm on week six of doing the conquer and man, it has been a little bit of a struggle. It's just a little change with the fat up/fat down/baseline, kind of thing. I just need to get used to it. Usually when I get kind of hungry, I reach for a handful of nuts but that isn't very useful on my fat down days nor my baseline so I'm feeling kind of lost but I will get used to it. My bathroom scale indicated that I'm 174 today so that means when I weigh in at WW on Saturday, I may be hitting 179! I'm very excited about that. I'm seeing a major difference in my clothing especially in my waist and thighs. I should have taken measurements.

My workouts are awesome. I just replaced the batteries in my polar FT 60 and I've been burning about 550-600 calories per workout. I actually ran two miles yesterday straight! Things are awesome and loving the program.

Thanks
Kellie

SkinnyK10
01-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Started day 2 of deplete feeling a little nauseated but I think it's because I'm not used to eating so often, I feel like I'm eating non-stop. Can't wait to finish
deplete week:?:

Remember Wendy says not to force meals and if you're not hungry 3-4 hours after your last meal, that's a sign that perhaps you ate too much. Carb Deplete week stinks and I'm sorry about that! I never thought I could do it but I did and I know you can do it too. As for heartburn, I did not experience that but my understanding is that when you change your diet its not uncommon until your digestion adjusts. For example I had a friend who had major heartburn for awhile when she first became a vegetarian.

Hang in there Tina! You can do it!

SkinnyK10
01-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi All!

My workouts are awesome. I just replaced the batteries in my polar FT 60 and I've been burning about 550-600 calories per workout. I actually ran two miles yesterday straight! Things are awesome and loving the program.

Thanks
Kellie

Wow- I think I would drop over dead if I tried to run two miles. Congrats on the weight loss!

PrairieChick
01-13-2010, 03:42 PM
What a WEEK everyone is having - FANTASTIC! :broc:

:bravo: on everyone who completed "Deplete" week and still hanging in there! GREAT results on the weight loss too! :broc:

You can see what it's like down the road by reading Carolis60's comments - sounds like she has got the program down pat and is on her way to great health benefits! ;)
__________________________________________________ ____
I have had some kind of week so far - don't worry - still on program - doing Week 2 of Crack and it is smooth sailing! :dancer:

My computer went out on Monday - it kept turning itself off, well, it finally would NOT turn back on. Took it to the hospital and yep - fried the power source - so they put a new one in and I'm back up and running! :running:

THEN - Tuesday night while cleaning my glasses - they broke. I've only had these frames for 3 years???? :dizzy:
So, next time I'm in town - I'll swing by a jeweler and see if they can solder the nose piece back on the bridge. :^:

Until then, it's readers - what a difference THAT makes from tri-focals! :cry:

So just check'n in with you all - seems like all is WELL, sorry I've been off-line - but I'm back now and try'n to catch up!

Have a CRACK'N day! :broc:

bonmike
01-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Kim,
Sorry to hear about your computer problems. You were missed! :angel:

Hope everyone is doing well.
Right now I'm at a stand still, but hoipefully the scale will move tomorrow.
:shrug:
Have a good night.
Bonni

Karen31
01-13-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm still here and reading. I am so ready to get started on this on Monday.

Kim, sorry to hear about your computer. My laptop power adapter burned up a few days ago and I had to get a new one..... $70!!! Hadn't planned on that. I do have the desktop too but right now my son is using it a lot and we are both on facebook so he works on my farm a lot!! LOL!!!

Everyone sounds like they are doing pretty good. Just thought I would pop in and say Hello.

Carolis60
01-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Hello all you Crackin's,:carrot:
Finally have time to get on and post for a bit. Had a busy day today and I'm pooped!! It's nice to sit down and have a cup of decaf tea.

We went over near the beach. I thought we were going to see the ocean, but we didn't get that far. Dh bought himself a motorcycle and I followed him home yesterday. Took all the back roads so he wouldn't have to go on the freeway. I'm glad cause I don't do to well in LA freeway traffic. Just to fast and to many lane changes for me. Way to many crazy drivers down there.

We stayed over night in a motel since he looked at the bike on Monday at 6pm, and it was getting a little dark.

Gained 1/2 pound from Monday morning, but I did really well eating. Had a piece of string cheese for my 4pm snack on Monday, but didn't get to eat dinner till around 7:30. We found a Soup Plantation close by. I was SO good!! :cheer: I had a nice plate of salad, and then I had chicken noodle soup, but I picked out the big pieces of chicken, about 6 small, home made noodles, and broth. But I make better chicken soup.....there was no spices in it! No thyme, basil, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic, celery, onions, or carrots. Just big pieces of chicken, broth and a few of the homemade white noodles. :( Dh had chocolate pudding cake with chocolate yogurt that looked really ooey-gooey and delicious, but I skipped it. I was really full after that salad. I know I had at least 4 ounces of chicken. I was surprised that they didn't have a vegetable soup to choose from. But all were bean based, thick and starchy.

Yesterday morning at the motel I had half a bagel with some cream cheese, scrambled eggs, 2 sausages and a small yogurt.. Then at 12:30 on the way back home, we pulled in to Carl Jr's and I had a chicken salad with just a tiny Blue Cheese Dressing.

For dinner I had 3 oz of salmon, salad, and left over broccoli and summer squash. I was suppose to have starches at two meals yesterday, but missed the lunch serving. Last night I felt a little hungry so I had 3 soda crackers with about 1/4 cup of Almond Breeze milk.

I think the weight went up because I sat so much and I know I didn't drink all my water the past couple days. I never do when we travel. But I'll be sure to get it in today.

Doing great today! Back in the groove!!

Kim-- So sorry to hear your computer died. Then you get it fixed and your glasses break so you can't see the screen. You know what the saying is....when it rains....... I think you should be pretty good now. :D

Today I was doing errands and then went shopping. I could feel I was getting hungry, so I bought me a package of roasted turkey lunch meat with .5 fat per slice, and opened it up in the car and ate it before I took off. I couldn't think of anything else I bought that I could eat right away. I had one more stop to make before I came home. That lunch meat saved me from scarfing down bad stuff when I got home. Plus, it kept the "grumps" away. :D

Bonni-- Those terms really throw me for a loop too!! I had to write it on a sticky so I could remember what day was what!! :dizzy: Even if they were switched, I'd be confused. :rofl: :?: Sticky notes!! Write the days down and stick them everywhere you can find a blank space!! :D I hope to remember the days soon. Maybe my second time around will do the trick. :rofl: :rofl:

Doing something with ground turkey and cabbage tonight. Don't know what, But I'll think of something legal. ;)

Everyone have a great evening.

Keep on Crackin'!! :broc: :broc:

PrairieChick
01-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Kim,
Sorry to hear about your computer problems. You were missed! :angel:

Awwwwwwwww :hug: :thanks: Bonni!
I think what caused it to go down - slowly but surely - was the attack of the dust bunnies. I cleaned it out, but they had already done their job. So it was just a matter of time. :^:

I'm still here and reading. I am so ready to get started on this on Monday.

Kim, sorry to hear about your computer. My laptop power adapter burned up a few days ago and I had to get a new one..... $70!!! Hadn't planned on that. I do have the desktop too but right now my son is using it a lot and we are both on facebook so he works on my farm a lot!! LOL!!!

I remember that Karen! I think my computer read that and took the dive from there! :crazy: I was not so fortunate - it cost me $92 to get my computer back, but it should be good for a while. I really think I'm on borrowed time - I have had this computer for about 7 years now - it has been to the shop for tweaks and fixes, but I really don't want to give up XP! AND - finances the way they are - really don't want to invest in a NEW one. But, I really think that the next one will be custom made - from my computer geek - if I buy a new one - I'll end up in his shop tweaking it anyway! :dizzy:

Hello all you Crackin's,:carrot:
Dh bought himself a motorcycle

Gained 1/2 pound

Doing great today! Back in the groove!!

Kim-- So sorry to hear your computer died. Then you get it fixed and your glasses break so you can't see the screen. You know what the saying is....when it rains....... I think you should be pretty good now. :D

:wave: Carol!
OK, what type of bike did DH decide on? :o

Gained 1/2 pound - no problem - that will come off in nuth'n flat! :broc:

Too bad I don't live closer to ya - maybe your DH could have fixed it and saved me some labor cost! :rofl: Just kidding! :lol3:

I need to locate my :rain: just in case something NEW happens!

mateogirl
01-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Well I was'nt going to weigh in until Monday, but I could not help myself I'm down 4.5 lbs. I'm sooo excited it's only day 3 of deplete, I think I also had the shift happen because all of the sudden I have all this energy.

Well everyone have a Great Night.
Tina:carrot:

Karen31
01-14-2010, 12:14 AM
I haven't started yet but already I am looking forward to the "shift" I could really use the energy boost!

Carolis60
01-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Awwwwwwwww :hug: :thanks: Bonni!
I think what caused it to go down - slowly but surely - was the attack of the dust bunnies. I cleaned it out, but they had already done their job. So it was just a matter of time. :^:

I remember that Karen! I think my computer read that and took the dive from there! :crazy: I was not so fortunate - it cost me $92 to get my computer back, but it should be good for a while. I really think I'm on borrowed time - I have had this computer for about 7 years now - it has been to the shop for tweaks and fixes, but I really don't want to give up XP! AND - finances the way they are - really don't want to invest in a NEW one. But, I really think that the next one will be custom made - from my computer geek - if I buy a new one - I'll end up in his shop tweaking it anyway! :dizzy:

:wave: Carol!
OK, what type of bike did DH decide on? :o

Gained 1/2 pound - no problem - that will come off in nuth'n flat! :broc:

Too bad I don't live closer to ya - maybe your DH could have fixed it and saved me some labor cost! :rofl: Just kidding! :lol3:

I need to locate my :rain: just in case something NEW happens!

Evening ladies,
Oh, dinner turned out so good. I used a recipe from my George Stella book and made an easy stuffed cabbage...no rice in this recipe. I'll be sure to add it to the recipes. I did add a little bit of sour cream on top. Very yummy!

Kim--Dh bought a Honda CB 750 Nighthawk. We had one 10 years ago and had a lot of fun on it. We took a few over night get away trips to escape the desert. Who knows, we just might have to do that again.

Yeah, I bet he could have fixed your computer for ya. We need to be a bit closer though. :rofl:

Finally rested from the day and now feel better.

We had great clouds this morning but that was our "chance" of rain. "Chance" doesn't mean much around here unless it's a 80%, then we might get some wet stuff. :rofl: :rofl: But....that's the desert for ya. ;)

I did have my 2 starches today, so I'm praying I won't have a gain tomorrow. Gotta trust Wendy's program.

Let's keep on Crackin' ladies! :broc:

PrairieChick
01-14-2010, 03:14 AM
Well I was'nt going to weigh in until Monday, but I could not help myself I'm down 4.5 lbs. I'm sooo excited it's only day 3 of deplete, I think I also had the shift happen because all of the sudden I have all this energy.

Well everyone have a Great Night.
Tina:carrot:

:bravo: Tina! :woohoo:

I haven't started yet but already I am looking forward to the "shift" I could really use the energy boost!

I'm tell'n ya - It's AMAZING! :broc:

Kim--Dh bought a Honda CB 750 Nighthawk. We had one 10 years ago and had a lot of fun on it. We took a few over night get away trips to escape the desert. Who knows, we just might have to do that again.

Yeah, I bet he could have fixed your computer for ya. We need to be a bit closer though. :rofl:

Finally rested from the day and now feel better.

We had great clouds this morning but that was our "chance" of rain. "Chance" doesn't mean much around here unless it's a 80%, then we might get some wet stuff. :rofl: :rofl: But....that's the desert for ya. ;)

I did have my 2 starches today, so I'm praying I won't have a gain tomorrow. Gotta trust Wendy's program.

Let's keep on Crackin' ladies! :broc:

Let's take it out for a ride! :moped:

:rain: Where I live - near the Rockies - storms will split and go north and south of us - but - when it hits - it's a good one! ;)

Yep - trust Wendy's program - you da CHAMP! :broc:

bonmike
01-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Hi everyone,
Glad to see that everyone is doing good!
Question????
On week 2 are you all losing??? I'm being very good, except not eating exactly 3-4 hours. Since introducing starches I am not losing. In fact today I was up .2. (I know I probably should not weigh myself everyday, but I'm curious).
Also (sorry) are you guys constipated???
I'm not frustrated, because I believe this program will work, but just wondering.
:?: :?:
Thanks for being here to listen everyone.
Bonni

PrairieChick
01-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi everyone,
Glad to see that everyone is doing good!
Question????
On week 2 are you all losing??? I'm being very good, except not eating exactly 3-4 hours. Since introducing starches I am not losing. In fact today I was up .2. (I know I probably should not weigh myself everyday, but I'm curious).
Also (sorry) are you guys constipated???
I'm not frustrated, because I believe this program will work, but just wondering.
:?: :?:
Thanks for being here to listen everyone.
Bonni

Hi Bonni! :wave:
I wouldn't worry about week two's weight - check your clothes. I have read from other Crack program users that week two, you don't see much of a change - so hang in there - on program - it's gon'a work - I just know it! :hug:

Personally??? Nope, I'm not loos'n this week, but I do feel better than I was before the Crack Program! :broc:

bonmike
01-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks Kim,
My clothes are definitely not as snug, so I know "something is happening", but just wondering.
Have a wonderful night!
Bonni

kellielou
01-14-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm still finding this week on the MAC the most challenging yet! Today my schedule got blown to bits at work and u had to go out to lunch. I found a cute little cafe in a small town where I ordered a burger sans the bread and green beans for 3.95. Amazing! My working out is still rocking. I ran 2 miles straight and I'm averaging 12 minutes, it's slow but I'm able to keep going:) Friday is my full body workout and cardio.

Karen31
01-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I got all my grocery shopping done yesterday and am ready to start this plan on Monday!! YAY!! I do have a quick question though.....years ago the Dr. had my hubby switch from butter to I Can't Believe Its Not Butter, for his blood pressure. I didn't buy any butter for me but now I am wondering if I should. I know it says butter in the book. What is your opinion on this? Other than this, I think I am all ready.

cajungirl64
01-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi Bonni,
I will finish week 2 today and I did gain a pound but lost 1/2 a pound of it so far. Before I started Deplete(wk. 1) I was in a size 14 and now I am in my size 12's and they fit very comfortably. Kim's right, don't worry about the gain to much, go by how your clothes are feeling and fitting.
Also, I was constipated the first two days of week 2, so I upped my water intake and within a day I was and have been back to normal on that situation.
I'll be thinking of you this week. This is a good program. We are eating better foods and getting more water in us(which many of us don't do, me included) :) And I think if we can...we should get in more exercise to help keep the fires burning.
Have a good week. I start week #3 tomorrow. :)
Blessings to you Bonni,
Linda H.

bonmike
01-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Linda,
Thanks for your info about your 2nd week too. At least we are in the same boat and it makes one feel better when you know others are going through the same thing.

Hope you and whoever was on week 2 had fun on their carb up day! :T

I planned on eating pizza, but never got to it!!! I'll have to save it for next week.
Hope everyone else is doing great and has a wonderful, easy week.

Karen, good luck on your deplete week!!!
Bonni

Karen31
01-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks to you both Linda and Bonni. I have things all ready to go. Did either one of you see my question about I Can't believe Its not butter? I don't know if it will be OK to use that or if i need to buy me some butter...

Getting excited!!!

bonmike
01-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Karen,
I didn't bother with butter, and was successful.
Again, good Luck!
Bonni

PrairieChick
01-18-2010, 01:13 AM
I don't know if you have realized this - But there are two other places on the net that have a support group for Crack the Fat Loss Code

Low Carb Friends
Get Lean In 12 Forum
AND - I have had increasing needs with my husband in ministry and my business. From excellent advice from a VERY CLOSE friend, :hug: I am having to learn to say "NO" so that I can be more effective in the other areas of my life.

This brings me to the sad fact, that I will be locking this thread and will not continue as Moderator. That does not mean that I am quitting "Crack the Fat Loss Code" by NO MEANS.

You can find me participating at one/or both of the above listed places on the net. Just google the name - you will find it if you aren't there already!

Happy Crack'n to you all! :val1:
(look for me as: WyoPrairieChick)