100 lb. Club - I am going to just put it out there...

cfmama
01-03-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm struggling. A lot.

I struggled through two months at 213. Over Christmas I ate what I wanted in reasonable portions and PILED on the sodium weight. When I got home on the 28th I was 229!!! By New years even though I was 219... and then New years eve happened. And I was GREAT with my food (though it was ALL salty) but I drank. A LOT. And... back up to 225.4. This morning? 221.4.

So I know that MOST of this is sodium. And that's why I have not changed my ticker. And other than New years eve I've been totally on plan so I KNOW I'm not going over my calories at all.

But every time I get back down, I do the salt thing and SHOOT back up.

It's irritating.

So. This is my kick in the butt post. To STOP DOING THAT to myself. To get this water weight OFF and get back to losing weight!

Onederland is well within my reach... I gotta just KICK IT and get there.

CLCSC145
01-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Step away from the salt, girl! Salt weight is the pits. It makes you feel just as bad as fat weight even though you haven't fallen off the food wagon. Hang in there, CFMama!

I love the stuff, but it doesn't love me or my scale.

Lyn2007
01-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Hang in there. Without the salt and other extras, your weight will go back down and you'll be in Onederland in no time!

eroica27
01-03-2010, 09:16 PM
I feel ya, my sister made cookies and ihave a major sweet tooth. my remedy, eat the dinner i planned and if i still need something sweet, I plan on having a 1/2 cup of corn. You just have to remind yourself of why you when on a diet in the first place, or try asking some maintainers that like the salties, what they do to moderate themselves.

but thats just my two cents...

marigrace
01-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Oh my God ! You have lost so much weight..I would be thrilled to do half as well as you have. A little self indulgence is normal during the holidays nothing to sweat too much...obviously you know what you need to do next.

Eliana
01-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Water, water, water! Wash that salt right of you!

Good for you for being on plan with the food!! That's saying something after holidays!

TJFitnessDiva
01-03-2010, 09:39 PM
you can do it girlie!!!

time2lose
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM
I am sorry to hear that you are struggling. :hug:

This time after the holidays can be tough. Remember Robin's 3 perfect days on plan. I am confident that you can do this!

SNMomof1
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM
C'mon girl! You can do it!!

matt_H
01-03-2010, 10:42 PM
It sucks to know that you've done the right thing with calories/ eating, but the scale doesn't budge (because of water retention from sodium and other things). You just gotta hang in there! The weight will come back down. You will see 213 again very soon! :)

BeachBreeze2010
01-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Keep it all in perspective. Your journey has been a long one with (I assume) many bumps along the way. This is just another one. The holidays are over, you can get back into your routines that you know work for you. Dust yourself off, hold your head high and say, "Salt, you are no match for me! I am a strong woman that can overpower you!" Drink your water and get back in the groove and I bet you'll find it comes off pretty quickly. Hang in there!

Violet73
01-03-2010, 10:52 PM
I agree with what everyone above said.....but I also think you should just weigh once a week. As women, our weight can fluctuate from day to day with hormones and salt intake, etc. Hang in there! You have come a long way!

PeanutsMom704
01-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Is it that Onederland is that scary? I'm only asking because I have a hunch that it will be for me. Exciting and wonderful, sure, but unchartered territory, at least for so long that I don't even remember what it was like to have a weight starting with a 1.

But given how far you've come and what an amazing journey you've had so far, I'm sure you'll take this leap too, even if it's a little bit more of a bumpy ride than you planned on.

Jen415
01-03-2010, 11:07 PM
You're back on the right track! Now that the evil holidays are done, you'll be back to where you were in no time!

hotstuff
01-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Ummmmm...... who DIDN'T struggle this holiday? We all want to succeed and do well, but sometimes we gorge. It's OK. My DH usually weighs in at 223 and after the holidays came in at 234. I gained 5 pounds just from the last three weeks of 2009. Just breathe. You know where the gain is coming from; you can make small changes each day and you know you'll be OK - just believe!

duckyyellowfeet
01-03-2010, 11:30 PM
at least you're reasonable with yourself...thats something to be proud of. Salt is killer (I know it got me this holiday season...) but you have a plan. You've come so far and with Onderland so close, you'll be there before you know it

DCHound
01-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Even magical DCHound was not perfection personified during the holidays my dear....recommit. Find a new goal to aim for and just do it. I have a new, new goal...I need to be as fit, tiny and fabulous as possible for Valentine's Day weekend (hubba, hubba, got plans, wish me luck!) so 101% on-plan INCLUDING exercise (which I have been so slack about, for months) between now and 2/11/2010. :)

rockinrobin
01-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Oh sweetie, I'm sorry to hear you've been having a tough time as of late.

Kick it!!!

Okay. It's time to get back to *your* plan. Your proven, effective plan. Not some interim get in the way of things holiday plan thing-y.

The losing portion of your journey is far from over. It's just been on hiatus for a bit. Now get back to basics. Do what you have to do. Do what you know how to do. Let's bring this baby home!

Kick it. :hug:

CLCSC145
01-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Kick it!!!

Anyone else having images of Robin doing a roundhouse karate kick in the air? :D

rockinrobin
01-04-2010, 12:53 AM
hehe. that kick it was cfmama's words - and I just jumped on them.

For the record, I needed to kick not only *it*, but MYSELF just today after one of the worst WEEKS, in fact thee worst week, yes an entire week, I've had since I began my journey.

Yes, I'm dealing with some water weight, but there's good old fashioned fat weight there as well. You don't veer off for an entire 7 days without tacking on some real pounds. :(

girlonfire
01-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Complete and total tangent: robin, are you going to show us your pics? Or have you posted them and I just completely missed them?

gumboot
01-04-2010, 01:22 AM
You're awesome! Your back at it and you will reach your goal in no time!

starfishkitty
01-04-2010, 01:54 AM
I think what we always keep saying here is that it's not about the short journey, but the long run. What's going to happen on the holidays? We're going to enjoy the holidays, indulge, enjoy time and family and some extra treats. What we're NOT going to do is let that become an every day thing. Normal, healthy people even gain a couple during the holidays... but they lose it really quick because they go right back to eating and drinking healthy without a thought backwards about it. They're healthy AND guilt free!

Let's try to be that way! :) Enjoy the holidays, go up those few... but just get right back on plan without the guilt and a couple of good memories of good times acquired on the way. ;) Those pounds will come off in no time!

PS - A couple of those extra pounds you've got could be from the drinking. When I drink, I'm usually up a few pounds (anywhere from 1 to 4) for the next 1 to 5 days. Alcohol is evil..... but fun now and then! :) ;)

salsa chip
01-04-2010, 02:25 AM
Mama! You can totally do this - if you can kick Salsa-butt to the extent that I can scramble back on track, you can certainly kick Mama-butt to the same extent ;)

Keep guzzling, keep moving, and keep looking semi-suspiciously at your food :D

Mommato2
01-04-2010, 02:42 AM
Im sorry hun... Im in the same boat. I gained a lot during the holidays...

TraceyElaine
01-04-2010, 06:52 AM
I like to call it the festive 15 *lbs that is) lol. With so many functions and people baking and cooking up a storm even the healthier choices have lots of salt of the portions are...shal we say "very jolly". Not to mention alcahol. It's a slippery slope my friend but I think now that the festivities are over you'll get back in gear. Onderland here you come.

Beverlyjoy
01-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Darn that salt!!! It plays 'tricks' with the scale and our head. Hope back on your plan and the water weight will come down. You CAN do this.

Judy Lynn
01-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Hang in there Tammy. Back to your normal routine today; back to kicking it.

BarbPA
01-04-2010, 10:02 AM
C'mon Girl...you can do it! We can do it! I could have easily written your post myself. I have struggled BIG TIME the past month or so. After sitting around 225 for a couple months I totally blew it from Thanksgiving-New Years. I bit the bullet and had to change my ticker. I'm disappointed with myself and frustrated....but I am determined and commited! I am going to do this.

Today is a fresh start. You know what to do! Let's go!

:high:

cathydoe
01-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Wow what a neat group of cheerleaders! Count me in on being here for you! Raw! Raw! Sis! Boom! Ba! KICK IT!

paris81
01-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Cfmama, You've already had a victory in this though--you're frustrated, yet you're not giving up! You'll get to where you want to be because of that!

dragonwoman64
01-04-2010, 11:29 AM
yep, I struggled with the goodies during the holidays too, ah, well. onward and downward (for us all).

I have to tell you when you posted those pics of xmas past, that really gave me a boost. hang in there! I'm sure you'll get past this in no time.

time2lose
01-04-2010, 11:33 AM
I am trying to word this without sounding like a sour note. It is encouraging to me to learn that even Cfmama, Robin, and DC Hound, the super stars of weight loss, can struggle from time to time. You have all been such inspirations for many of us and you are still inspirations in your struggle. I am confident that you will work through this and be kicking it in no time.

This is a tough time of year and I am sure that many of us are struggling. We can all do this!

:hug: to Cfmama, Robin, and DC Hound

rockinrobin
01-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Oh thank you Cheryl. If you want to see just how bad things got for me - head over to the Maintainers Forum. Pull up a chair - it's lengthy - and ugly, vetty, vetty ugly...

cfmama
01-04-2010, 12:07 PM
THANK YOU EVERYONE. I'm sorry that so many of us are all struggling!!! I am on my third day perfectly on plan and the scale has dropped 7 lbs in two days to land me at 218.2. I like that. Hopefully tomorrow will see yet another drop... and then another! lol!!!!

(hugs to my buds RRobin and DC. Let's all kick it together!)

and yes... even us. Who seem to have it all together. Have issues... and I think that might be part of why I posted this because we ALL can have issues. I guess we just need to face them head on and move on!

ubergirl
01-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Hello, my name is ubergirl and I'm going to pull up a chair to the struggler's club.

And I'm getting very close to posting a no loss, or even a "gasp" gain month. I weighed in at 228 on 12/11 but have bounced between 229 and 232 ever since.

During this month, I have had four off plan days-- and none of those days were crazy off plan-- more like eating 1600 calories instead of 1200. I managed to make it through the holidays without eating a single treat... no candy, cookies, or junk. One slice of apple pie on Christmas Eve. That's more off plan days than the previous six months combined, but mathematically, I feel like I should have still gone done at least a pound or two, and UP??? Where could up come from?

Even so, I have been retaining water LIKE CRAZY lately, even though I'm eating the same stuff I always eat-- I don't see a lot more sodium.

I'm wondering if there may not be a seasonal element. It's cold. Maybe our metabolisms just kick in to low gear in spite of us.

The thing all of us strugglers should be celebrating is the fact that NONE of us are giving up.

catherinef
01-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Grr. I have been SO bloody good and on-plan since Boxing Day, and yesterday I saw 212 again, only to have it bounce back up to 213.6 today. I am hoping it's just because I have a miserable streaming cold, and my body is doing some kind of water retention mojo to fight the virus, but I am ready to tear my hair out.

AbbySinthe
01-04-2010, 02:11 PM
cfmama: :hug: Good job getting back on the wagon and recommitting. You've done it before and I know you can do it again. Your strength continues to be a huge inspiration for me so thank you :)

And sign me up to the gaining wagon, ladies *hanging head in shame* Up to 222.6 this morning but recommitting. In all fairness, I've been on a downward spiral since I hurt my back at the end of Oct so the fact that I'm only up a few pounds is a miracle.

Just wanted to stop by and give hugs to all the strugglers out there. I also came by to remind myself that I'm not alone after all, so thank you everybody for being brave and posting not just your losses but your gains. :hug:

daniela
01-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Hugs to cfmama & ubergirl :hug::hug::hug:

I will join the club...I've been a mess, a BIG GIANT mess :?::?: So I can sympathize :hug: Thanks Ubergirl for the quote below...so so so needed to hear that.

The thing all of us strugglers should be celebrating is the fact that NONE of us are giving up.

Can't explain it but now that I've accomplished all my goals for 2009 other than lose 100 lbs it seams like I just keep sabotaging myself. I've been struggling on what to do next since completing my 1/2 marathon back in Oct. Last goal...GOAL "lose 100lbs", made it to 143 on Dec 11 but since I've been up and down from 143 all the way up to 154.

Like I'm scared to reach my goal because I don't know what to do next. I've been pushing it...stuffing my face to see how much damage I can do and then get the weight off again. Not even bad food just eating to fill the empty (yes, there are other issues).

Sorry so not trying to hijack your thread cfmama but I want to let you know YES it is so HARD sometimes and you are not alone :hug:

Thank you for sharing.

Smiling_Sara
01-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm struggling. A lot.

I struggled through two months at 213. Over Christmas I ate what I wanted in reasonable portions and PILED on the sodium weight. When I got home on the 28th I was 229!!! By New years even though I was 219... and then New years eve happened. And I was GREAT with my food (though it was ALL salty) but I drank. A LOT. And... back up to 225.4. This morning? 221.4.

So I know that MOST of this is sodium. And that's why I have not changed my ticker. And other than New years eve I've been totally on plan so I KNOW I'm not going over my calories at all.

But every time I get back down, I do the salt thing and SHOOT back up.

It's irritating.

So. This is my kick in the butt post. To STOP DOING THAT to myself. To get this water weight OFF and get back to losing weight!

Onederland is well within my reach... I gotta just KICK IT and get there.

I know how irritating that up and down is. Know that it's the water weight. Know that it will come off. You know you can do this.

Jae165
01-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Hang in there everyone.

cfmama I am glad to see that you are back to routine and the weight is dropping. Hopefully there will be a silver lining and this experience will help you get past 213 and keep it moving.

You are amazing and what you have achieved is amazing. You know what needs to be done and I have no doubt that even though you struggle (like alot of us) that you will make it to Onderland soon.

cfmama
01-04-2010, 04:07 PM
You guys really are the BEST BEST BEST.

I know what to do. I'm doing it. And if THIS DOES NOT BREAK MY PLATEAU ( you know that NOT self induced one I was experiencing BEFORE the holidays... lol!) then I'm going to scream... but I have a good idea that it will. Think positive right!

Slashnl
01-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Joining in here, too. Darn it if there weren't just a few too many temptations over the past couple of weeks!! I'm up 3.6. But, we'll all be back on track now with no distractions!

It feels to get it out in the open!

SnowboundChick
01-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Great job getting back to it Tammy. I too am on Day 3 off change but not back to calorie counting yet, I have to sit down and figure out my menu/plan but I've also quit smoking again and trying to get back to it. I don't feel so alone now after this post and all the comments.

momof5k
01-05-2010, 12:21 AM
I have been struggling too! It seems that 100 pound mark is just TAUNTING me! ARGH! I have been bouncing around the 95 pound marknow for a full month!

It's the salt that gets me too :(

Water water water and fingers crossed that this passed soon for us all! :hug:

cfmama
01-05-2010, 04:03 PM
217.4 this morning... clearly most of the sodium weight is GONE and I'm left with an almost 4 pound gain... ick. Well I know how to deal with it and I am!

Sandi
01-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Congrats for getting right back to it!! :)

VickieLou
01-05-2010, 05:45 PM
CFMAMA you will be in ONDERLAND in no time. Look how far you've come.