The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL Season 9- Couples- Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Diva
01-03-2010, 07:56 PM
The New Season Starts this Tuesday 8 -10 p.m. (EST)!

I'm so excited! How about you? :D

VernDern
01-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Soooooooooooo excited! =)

BethC
01-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Me too!!!

Purplefirefly
01-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like they never take a real break these days? Not that I'm complaining..I could go with no show breaks!

Catsgetnhealthy
01-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Me as well!!! :carrot:

OrganizedChaos
01-04-2010, 12:55 PM
:cheer2: I have been on BL withdrawal since the finale of Season 8. My DVR has been set for weeks. I'm so looking forward to being able to watch a season and be motivated the entire season. I started my weight loss journey on 10/26/2009 so I only got the tail end of last season as motivation, but this season I am hoping to kick it in high gear.

Mickeypnd
01-04-2010, 01:19 PM
I can't wait! I really need some motivation when i'm working out!!

MindiV
01-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Same here, on the workout motivation. I record it and watch it while I'm working out to keep me going.

VeggieGirl84
01-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Can't wait! I LOVE this show.

maryshady
01-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Can't wait. Just love the show!

Violet73
01-04-2010, 06:24 PM
SOOOOO excited! Looks like a good season judging by the couples online! :D

299lbs
01-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Same here!

I simply cannot wait!! :D

It's the best show. Like ever. In addition - I think it's an important show getting entertainment out of Super Important Stuff like working out, losing weight and maintaining a diet.

Annie

http://299lbs.wordpress.com/

iaradajnos
01-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Well, my husband just came in to remind me that it's BL time tomorrow. My kids got all excited. I feel....well, not excited. I have been a huge fan and the whole family lines up and stays up til 10! I started my weight loss this year in January and was enormously committed. I thought it was so cool to be losing with the BL crew. Staying up until 10 became harder and harder as I rose earlier and earlier to work out.

Then week after week, the language on the show intensified, the commercials lengthened, the fake conversations grew, and product placement became the name of the game. I'm not sure I'll make it through this season. In season 8, I went to bed early just to avoid the hundred commercials in the last half hour.

I really miss the good old days of season 3 or 4. It was so much better then. I'm really sad because I loved the motivation and everything. If this season is the same as last one, than I'm done for sure. Need to find something else... but what?

L144S
01-04-2010, 09:55 PM
I loved the change this past season, I loved that even though there were teams it was not about the trainner it was about the contestants. I liked that everyone worked with both trainners and that bob and Jill worked together for the betterment of the contestants.

chewysmom
01-05-2010, 03:18 PM
:carrot: WooHoo, I'm excited!! I agree though, I HATE the product placements, the fake conversations, etc. Thankfully I dvr it, so I can go right through all of that.

shea5
01-05-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm excited, but then again, I'm another DVR girl...I skip what I don't want to watch...:)

WardHog
01-05-2010, 06:12 PM
My DVR is set, too! :woohoo:

gardend1va
01-05-2010, 09:35 PM
I love this show. It's the one show I cannot miss. This season will be different for me, though, because I am starting my own weight loss attempt. No longer will I be watching the show while chowing down on something fattening, full of guilt but unable to stop. Now I will use it to motivate myself and spur me on.

Sara81
01-05-2010, 10:22 PM
I also love this show! In fact I'm getting ready to head out the door to the gym so I can be back in time for it. Lol. Since I just started my weight loss journey, I'm hoping BL and 3FC will give me all the motivation I need!

Jen415
01-05-2010, 11:20 PM
WOW! Can you believe James lost 100 lbs in TWO MONTHS? ON HIS OWN!!!

Aclai4067
01-05-2010, 11:25 PM
I thought the booming sound effects while they walked to the scale in the intro were uncalled for. But yeah, great that he lost 100 in two months! So what happened with the 2 teams that got kicked off initially and the trainers stopped their car? I missed what came next

medinazarley
01-05-2010, 11:28 PM
I can believe it only because he was so so so big to begin with and he can get lots of mulah for it.

This was the first season i didn't feel fat watching the show! I weigh-in at the mid-250's and started out in the low 270's, but I'm tall. Every season TBL makes me think "Do I look like that?" and this season I said to myself, I don't look like that, and I'm doing good losing weight!

No favorites so far

L144S
01-05-2010, 11:29 PM
the 2 teams go home for a monthe and one will come back to join the game.

Yellow team dad has a lot to do! geez he can't put on his own shoes?

gardend1va
01-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Making them publicly humiliate themselves by weighing in in front of their friends and neighbors was really cruel. Poor Sunshine standing there in tears made me cry for her as well. This show can sometimes be horrible in how it portrays the contestants, zooming in on their bellies, and shaking the camera when they fall. But I continue to watch for the guts and strength that the people find within themselves as they learn they are stronger than they ever thought. Despite the producers turning the show into a spectacle at times, there is still some great human drama to be found there.

Clydegirl
01-06-2010, 01:34 AM
James did really well losing 100lbs in 2 months.

I thought it was mean sending the 2 teams home at the beginning. Can you imagine getting the opportunity to go on the show and not getting through the first challenge. At least one of them will get the chance to come back.

I must admit I like the guy who is the heaviest, don't remember his name.

ennay
01-06-2010, 02:05 AM
Is it just me or does the pink team look an awful lot like Helen and Shannon did?

I like the biggest guy too. And green team - I always like the ones who fight for it.

Violet73
01-06-2010, 08:27 AM
I really liked the show last night. I know some here dont really like the "commercials" within the show and the effects they use with sound and camera and some of the things they do to these contestants but it is a tv show and unfortunately in this day and age more people watch with things like this. I have been a fan from the beginning before all of that but this stuff doesn't turn me off from watching. I like the transformations. The contestants get a lot out of this show. Can you imagine being on the BL and how accountable that would make you for the rest of your life? I think that would be awesome in itself!

I was shocked when I saw James again and he had lost 100 pounds in two months at home! wowza! There have been past shows where people have actually lost more at home....remember Ali? It's amazing and just goes to show us that we can do this too!

Yes, I agree I thought it was cruel to weigh in front of their friends and family....they should have at least let them keep their T-shirts on ....but again...I guess they feel they have to do this for the show's sake.

Also, sending those two groups home........I didn't like that either....they should have given them at least a week there. But, I'm glad they get a chance to come back. I can't wait to see how they have done at home and maybe they will do even better since they weren't given the chance to stay. I know I would....I would be like "I'm gonna show them" lol !

Isn't it amazing how the people who weigh 200-something pounds look so small on the BL these days? And..they are obese too! It is such an inspiration to watch people who are twice my size lose the weight and exercise!

I saw Jillian on Jay Leno last night and she said she works out three days a week..but it's basically DIET. I wish they would let us know on BL what diet plan the contestants follow.

Can't wait to watch next week! :carrot:

maryshady
01-06-2010, 08:34 AM
I love the show too but I am so tired of seeing people fall off the treadmill. Why don't they have the safety latch on. My dh fell on a treadmill and almost lost his thumb. It got caught under the wheel. There is no reason to risk peoples safety for dramatic effect. I never get on mine without attaching it.

I like the big guy (white team) and the green team, too.

gardend1va
01-06-2010, 09:07 AM
I loved it when Michael on the white team lost all that weight and asked "are my abs showing yet?" Cute!

amynbebes
01-06-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm really irritated that they sent 2 teams home after that ridiculous challenge. I know that they have a chance to come back but what a disadvantage it puts them at. You know those people have to be so exicted to finally get to the ranch and then to just get sent home shortly after getting there, yuck.

retiredone
01-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I fell asleep the last 15 minutes or so and I don't know which twin is James. Is he the one with the bad knee?

I wish they'd keep everyone on the ranch and actually have a real biggest loser without all the game playing but that might not bring in the ratings they want.

loriehohlf
01-06-2010, 03:47 PM
I fell asleep the last 15 minutes or so and I don't know which twin is James. Is he the one with the bad knee?

I wish they'd keep everyone on the ranch and actually have a real biggest loser without all the game playing but that might not bring in the ratings they want.

The twin who didn't have to go back to work went home. I believe he was the one with the bad knee because he said he had a pool at his house and they showed him swimming at his house.

The twin with a wife and baby who said he would have to go back to work stayed.

It was hard for me to keep them straight, but I think I got it right?

Cali Doll
01-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm really irritated that they sent 2 teams home after that ridiculous challenge. I know that they have a chance to come back but what a disadvantage it puts them at. You know those people have to be so exicted to finally get to the ranch and then to just get sent home shortly after getting there, yuck.

Agreed!

And, of course, both of the teams that went home were my early favorites. :^:

Ilene
01-06-2010, 08:23 PM
I loved the two teams that went home too :( ... I'm glad though that they are getting a chance of coming back... My heart was brocken when Sunshine had to leave, she is such a cutie...

I'm excited for this season too...

Mercy03
01-06-2010, 08:38 PM
I loved the show last night. I am living in Orlando so I of course was rooting for the twins, But I am also an Italian from Chicago so I was also rooting for the "white team" lol.

I was so proud to see that James had lost 100 pounds at home, it really is a life saving challenge for him.I hope he continues to do well on his journey.

Is it just me, or are the challenges in the beginning getting harder? I thought it was ridiculous that they had bike 26.2 mile from the get go. I wonder how long it will be before one of them has a heart attack on the show.

Violet73
01-06-2010, 08:38 PM
yeah I think Sunshine is a cutie too! I hope she loses tons of weight at home and gets to come back...but I like the blue team too....especially when the mom kept going even in pain.....she is a toughy and it would have been great to see her compete.

srr728
01-06-2010, 11:06 PM
This is my first time watching from the beginning. I have issues with it, but just a short one for now lol I wish they did more on diet and what they eat. If they really want to help people at home, why dont they give the WHOLE picture so we can try at home??? 10 or even all constantants being sucess stories is nothing compared to the millions of fans that could benefit too from the info and help.

Aclai4067
01-06-2010, 11:08 PM
This is my first time watching from the beginning. I have issues with it, but just a short one for now lol I wish they did more on diet and what they eat. If they really want to help people at home, why dont they give the WHOLE picture so we can try at home??? 10 or even all constantants being sucess stories is nothing compared to the millions of fans that could benefit too from the info and help.

Because they want you to spend the MONEY on the books and dvds to get that info!

ennay
01-06-2010, 11:21 PM
I've watched it since I think season 6 and they very rarely talk about what they eat unless it is part of a product placement. I swear if you watch this show you would think they only eat subway, jennie-o turkey, yoplait, cool whip lite & jello, veggies steamed in a ziploc bag and extra chewing gum. Oh and the last 2 season Biggest Loser protein powder

Come to think of it, I'd probably lose weight if those were the only foods I had.

299lbs
01-06-2010, 11:49 PM
I swear if you watch this show you would think they only eat subway, jennie-o turkey, yoplait, cool whip lite & jello, veggies steamed in a ziploc bag and extra chewing gum. Oh and the last 2 season Biggest Loser protein powder

LOL! Yes, hahaha... I know for a fact after watching BL that a piece of Extra Sugar Free Gum only has five calories a pop. Jeez. It's so obvious too! And quite embarassing to watch.

EZMONEY
01-06-2010, 11:50 PM
And don't forget drinking all that water with the Brita filter ENNAY....

MindiV
01-07-2010, 08:53 AM
I didn't mind that they sent two teams home, as far as the concept goes. They're trying to prove it CAN be done without 24/7 access to trainers, a state-of-the-art gym, etc.

I do remember one aspect of the "two teams going home" thing I didn't like. When they drop such a big bombshell on the contestants like that, and then set them up for a challenge, it's become painful to watch. I had to fast forward though when the blue team mom as literally crying and screaming and BEGGING them to let her stay on the bike, pain or no pain, and finish the challenge for a chance to stay. THAT I didn't like at all. I GET why they do it, with the "proving you can do it at home" thing...but it's gone a little far.

I hope Sunshine and O'Neal come back. I liked them a lot. I hope the white team guy doesn't start to annoy me with the humor. I like him now, and I like Cheryl, the orange team mom.

MBN
01-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Re: the public initial weigh-in. Was it cruel or was it a forced reality check and public commitment to change? I know I gained weight because I lived in denial, and there's no denying if the numbers are plastered up for all to see. Also, they weighed in front of family and friends who seemed very empathetic and supportive, it's not like they pulled people off the street to taunt them. If anything, it may solidify their home support. So I dunno, maybe it seems cruel, but maybe the effect long-term will be more positive than negative. Time will tell.

Also, I don't think the challenge was as tough as it sounded, I interpreted the challenge to be 26.2 miles "as a team", which means 13.1 each. Still tough for people that overweight and out of shape to be sure, but not as bad as it sounded. I think the show was trying to mitigate the risk after last season - the bike is lower impact than running, and the gym is climate controlled so as to minimize the risk of heat stroke (which took down one contestant last season). I do wonder though, if the final challenge this year will be a century bike ride rather than a marathon? The show does like to mix things up.

I'm another DVR person -- I love the show but can't stand to watch it live. All of the commercials and contrived drama! I skip through all of that.

OrganizedChaos
01-07-2010, 11:06 AM
A few of my thoughts. Some have been mentioned by others.

I felt so bad for them having to weigh in front of their family and friends. I had thought it would be like 30 people, not hundreds. I would have been mortified. I won't even tell my DH what I weigh, which is part of the problem I guess. If I had to own up to it in front of others, maybe I would have done something about it sooner. Sunshine I felt the worst for, she seemed so embarassed and to now be sent directly home seems just cruel to me.

Sending 2 teams home immediately also seemed cruel, but I realize part of the show is to prove this can be done at home too. It would still be such a mental let down though, to be chosen, go through the humiliation of weighing in front of hundreds of people, get to the ranch and then go right back home.

I am amazed at how James did at home. 100 lb's lost at home is amazing and he is a inspiration to so many that think they can't do it at home. I know that really kicked me in the butt the other night. I have no excuses. My knee is not the best either, but I can still run on the elliptical, so I need to be doing more.

I also found it amazing how the Pink team looks/reminds me of the Pink team of Helen and her daughter.

I love Cheryl, the orange team Mom. She is really coming into her own already and I can tell how much she loves her son and wants to help support him too. As a a Mom I can identify with that.

The product placement stuff is getting old. I know they have to do it for advertising dollars, but Thank God for my DVR! I skip right over them.

Am I the only one that heard Lance tell his wife "Sorry", when he called Allison "Smokin' Hot" in front of her. I would have knocked my DH's teeth out. It's fine to think it, even say it to me, but not on TV in front of me. I hope she shows him how smokin' hot she will be by the end of the show.

Lastly, I was really amazed at the numbers they pulled in the first week. I know they have had high numbers in the first week before, but these were super high to me, from everyone, even the women. I just can't fathom how they can lose that much in 1 week. I know it's a full time job there, but seriously 20-30 lbs in 1 week seems outrageous to me. It also seems like the workouts the first week have gotten more strenous than they have been in the past. It seemed like they used to ease them into a work out routine.

Anyway, excited for next week already.

Passionista
01-07-2010, 11:25 AM
I don't see the public weigh in as a humiliation in the grand scheme of things. I mean, when they sign up for this experience, millions of people see them weigh in every week, and they have no control over how things are edited and therefore, in what light they are shown at the final cut.

I think that if I had to weigh in publicly, it would be intense but that all the other weigh ins would be easier in terms of degree of embarrassment etc. from there on out. :shrug:

MindiV
01-07-2010, 11:47 AM
I agree...public weigh-in wasn't that big a deal. Some did it in a backyard with only friends and family. Others went to the HS gym with hundreds and news crews.

ennay
01-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Am I the only one that heard Lance tell his wife "Sorry", when he called Allison "Smokin' Hot" in front of her. I would have knocked my DH's teeth out. It's fine to think it, even say it to me, but not on TV in front of me. I hope she shows him how smokin' hot she will be by the end of the show..

That wouldnt bug me at all. dh and I have that kind of jokey relationship so it really wouldnt be a big deal.

I dont really see the problem with the public weigh in...after all you are going to do it on national television soon.

moving to 1derland
01-07-2010, 03:11 PM
I don't post much, but ALWAYS read what others have to say about TBL....love the show.

I think the reason the numbers are so high the first week are for 2 reasons--you are taking people who eat whatever they want and never exercise, and then putting them on strict diet, lots of water, and exercise. Second reason -I read that the contestants go through a "cleansing" for a few days as well (don't know if that is true, but would make total sense).

I hated the part where they sent the 2 teams home....they think they are going to get their chance, and then are sent home? Were they actually sent home, or put somewhere else? Jillian and Bob said they would be able to be accessed, but what can they change....they never got in a single workout or diet info?

I do like the white team guy---but don't think Mom will be there long-she got no air time, and that is usually who you can tell will be around--though I thought the twins would be around a long time, since they got soo much air time.

I, too, would love to DVR the show to ff through commercials and product endorsements, but I don't have the patience to wait til the next day to watch.

Take care everyone!

Cali Doll
01-07-2010, 04:58 PM
I hope the white team guy doesn't start to annoy me with the humor.

LOL! I agree.

Yeah, I was also wondering how the 2 teams are going to get access to Bob and Jillian since the teams were sent home. I guess B&J will travel to their homes. Hmm, interesting.

The husband saying Ali is hot was cute. And, IMO, it's better that he said "Sorry" than had he not said sorry. lol

Sheila53
01-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Did it ever show how long it took them to ride the 26.2 miles? I tried it today (riding 13.1, as if I had a partner doing the other half), and it took me 56 minutes. However, I'm in decent shape and have already lost weight. I set the resistance up to 8 to try to make it harder. While it wasn't that difficult for me, it did get my heartrate up, and I was pretty soaked by the time I was done. I have no idea how someone who weighed over 500 lbs. could do that--I have a lot of admiration for the contestants. I used a recumbent bike, too--sitting on the regular seat would be a killer.

blkbarbie25
01-08-2010, 09:44 PM
the crying/ workout screams are going to drive me crazy
im not really sure how im going to feel about this season

VernDern
01-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Im not a fan of the screaming and groaning either...it really just annoys me. Thank goodness for DVR. haha

luckymommy
01-08-2010, 10:20 PM
I love the show, even though I think all of the things they do are just NOT healthy...but I realize that nobody is going to watch a show about losing 1 to 2 lbs. a week. ;)

Yeah, I didn't appreciate that husband making the comment about Allison being "hot." It's one thing for him to say it when his wife feels good about herself, but the look on her face showed something else entirely. I felt really bad for her. I didn't notice him saying sorry, but that's something, I guess! ;)

I definitely think they need to start talking more about diet...without the stupid plugs. Seriously, just show us their meal time...it would be better than all the time they keep repeating certain segments (before and after commercials, for example). I know they want us to buy the books, but they should also want people to watch the show and this would be a great way to make it more interesting. JMHO. :)

Violet73
01-08-2010, 10:20 PM
I know I would probably grunt and scream while having to workout with Bob and Jillian! Some of that looks impossible to me! LOL! I get really annoyed with the cheesy way they advertise gum and such in the show these days. Why dont they just let the commercial during break speak for itself? lol....oh well..i love the show and will keep watching it. I love the couples...I also loved it when they did whole families against each other!

retiredone
01-08-2010, 10:31 PM
The twin who didn't have to go back to work went home. I believe he was the one with the bad knee because he said he had a pool at his house and they showed him swimming at his house.

The twin with a wife and baby who said he would have to go back to work stayed.

It was hard for me to keep them straight, but I think I got it right?

Thanks Lorie. I'm going to try and stay awake next show.

ennay
01-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Did it ever show how long it took them to ride the 26.2 miles? I tried it today (riding 13.1, as if I had a partner doing the other half), and it took me 56 minutes. However, I'm in decent shape and have already lost weight. I set the resistance up to 8 to try to make it harder. While it wasn't that difficult for me, it did get my heartrate up, and I was pretty soaked by the time I was done. I have no idea how someone who weighed over 500 lbs. could do that--I have a lot of admiration for the contestants. I used a recumbent bike, too--sitting on the regular seat would be a killer.

I remember Allison saying "you've been at this for ONE HOUR" and I dont think anyone was done yet.

While recumbant is easier on the wrists and groin, you can use your weight more on an upright bike to push and you get more power.

What shocked me is they had no toe clips or straps, I cant keep my feet on pedals without the straps.

Violin Jenn
01-10-2010, 06:51 PM
If Bob and Jillian were kicking my fat a$$ around a gym for what..8-10hours a day I'd grunt and scream too! LOL!! Those two are the God and Goddess of Pain!!!:devil:

I'd like to see more personality from the contestants and trainers.

MakingSkinny
01-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Yay! I'm so excited I found this group! Last season was my first time watching Biggest Loser and I loved it, so I'm really excited for this time around, too. And people to chat about it with!

I love this show. It's the one show I cannot miss. This season will be different for me, though, because I am starting my own weight loss attempt. No longer will I be watching the show while chowing down on something fattening, full of guilt but unable to stop. Now I will use it to motivate myself and spur me on.

This is me, too. I felt sooo guilty when I'd be sitting eating chips or ice cream when watching it :o

I really liked the show last night. I know some here dont really like the "commercials" within the show...

I saw Jillian on Jay Leno last night and she said she works out three days a week..but it's basically DIET. I wish they would let us know on BL what diet plan the contestants follow.

Am I the only one who finds the oh-so-obvious product placements just really funny? They crack me up, Bob & Jillian sounding like Mr & Mrs Infomercial LOL

I wish they'd focus more on their diets, too!

the crying/ workout screams are going to drive me crazy
im not really sure how im going to feel about this season

I know! I DVR the show and usually watch when the baby's napping the next day, and I always have to turn the volume waaaay down when they're working out so they don't wake him up LOL

Amarantha2
01-10-2010, 10:03 PM
I think the in-show product placements are funny, too, and more entertaining than a commercial break.

But that said, I also wish they'd focus on the diets and also have more informative workout sessions without flinging weights around using really bad form and grunting, throwing up, screaming, etc., unnecessary.

I like the show, though. :)

babygrant
01-10-2010, 11:32 PM
That wouldnt bug me at all. dh and I have that kind of jokey relationship so it really wouldnt be a big deal.

Allison IS smokin' hot! I wouldn't care if DH said that. We both laughed. Too funny.

OrganizedChaos
01-11-2010, 11:14 AM
The only reason I think the weighing in in front of their friends and family was harsh was because of the timing. I don't think it compares to weighing in front of the TV, because in reality they are weighing in front of the players and film crew. By the time those episodes air they've lost probably 50-75 pounds, and even when it is aired some of them are still on the ranch and still don't see it. Standing in front of hundreds and looking at them stare back at you as you are shirtless would feel much different for me. Of course, I agree that they signed up so they should expect things like that.

Did anyone see the show "Confessions of a Reality Show Loser" on Discovery Health this week? It was a 1 hour special of Eric from Season 3 who had gained almost all of his weight back. It was a real glimpse at how fast those pounds can come right back on. I firmly believe that if you don't figure out the root cause of your weight, regardless of how/when you lose it, it will probably come right back on. I have been working hard these past few months on figuring out why I have over-eaten so much my entire life. I am hoping that doing this in correlation with the diet/exercise will help me be successful in keeping it off.

I follow Jillian on Tweeter and I saw this week that she responded to someone that the first week this season was actually 10 days. That helps me understand a little better why it seemed like their weight loss this season was higher the first week. However, knowing that, I am thinking week 2 is going to probably be a low loss week for many of them. Can't wait for the show tomorrow night to find out.

L144S
01-11-2010, 11:23 AM
I did see the special and I will say that Eric clearly thought he was in it for the show biz aspect. I can't imagine that he really thought that the show would keep him acountable. Has he never see those sent home?

I thought his wife was a complainer and really ungreatful for what WAS given.

Having been on a WL journey myself and an avid watcher of the show, my big realizition has been that I will always have to live like a fat person. I may be at a goal weigh or happy where I am BUT I will ALWAYS have to count calories and I will ALWAYS have to work out. FACT and the reality of my life and frankly the reality for anyone who has been overweight/obese.

To bad that Eric never learned that tidbit in his time on the ranch or transitioning home and too bad his wife never got on the bandwagon with him and to bad he had t gain more than 200lbs back.

it will be interesting to see how he does by the finaly of this season. I hope he learns something along the way this time.

cabinwife
01-11-2010, 04:04 PM
I did see the special and I will say that Eric clearly thought he was in it for the show biz aspect. I can't imagine that he really thought that the show would keep him acountable. Has he never see those sent home?

Having been on a WL journey myself and an avid watcher of the show, my big realizition has been that I will always have to live like a fat person. I may be at a goal weigh or happy where I am BUT I will ALWAYS have to count calories and I will ALWAYS have to work out. FACT and the reality of my life and frankly the reality for anyone who has been overweight/obese.

To bad that Eric never learned that tidbit in his time on the ranch or transitioning home and too bad his wife never got on the bandwagon with him and to bad he had t gain more than 200lbs back.

it will be interesting to see how he does by the finaly of this season. I hope he learns something along the way this time.

I agree! She was really getting on my nerves when she kept saying "they just dropped him." She seemed very bitter to me and kept blaming her husband's weight gain on the BL than blaming her husband. She didn't make a good impression on me at all!

EZMONEY
01-11-2010, 11:27 PM
When I make remarks watching BL or any other show that so and so is smokin' hot I always get the same reaction out of Angie.....:yawn: yawner...

We "share" our TV/movie crushes with each other....

she has a "middle aged" Sean Connery....I have Britney Spears...

she has Magnum PI....I have Jennifer Love-Hewitt...

She knows who I :love: adore :love:

Violin Jenn
01-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Am I the only one who finds the oh-so-obvious product placements just really funny? They crack me up, Bob & Jillian sounding like Mr & Mrs Infomercial LOL

LOL! I find those funny too! Like they just happen to have a pack of Extra Sugarfree gum in their pocket while walking with a contestant and the conversation turns to gum!

I find them funny cause we know they must HATE doing them!

OrganizedChaos
01-12-2010, 03:41 PM

I thought the same thing about her. She kept saying how the show dropped him. It made me think they didn't sign up for the show to actually lose weight and be accountable for their own weight loss journey, they signed up for someone else to be responsible for their health.

Violet73
01-12-2010, 04:04 PM
I can't wait for tonight's show!!!!!!!!!!

Amber1011
01-12-2010, 11:08 PM
I have to say that I am really happy for the white team and I hope Michael can keep it up. He's my favorite.
But I have to say the the Twin in the Brown team is awesome too. I'm happy that he did well. (Those two are my favorites)

Look at those injuries and people falling etc. this season though! Holey moley - you think they would make it a little safer!

Violet73
01-12-2010, 11:13 PM
I think Patti will keep it up at home....especially with her other daughter helping her. I'm very impressed by all of the mothers on the show this season in their 50s really pounding it out in the workouts! :woohoo: I felt bad for Michael's mom (forgot her name) for falling like she did. I know if they put me on a 3 inch plank to walk over millions of spiders I would freak out...I know that must be how she felt with her fear of water. I'm glad Jillian worked with her on getting passed that fear! that was a very sweet moment! I dont care what anyone says...Bob can be rough in the gym too...they both kick butt!

gardend1va
01-13-2010, 03:05 AM
What a stylish cutie Patti is! She wasn't on the show long enough for me to get to know her, but the "where are they now" segment really made her seem like such a cool, go-getter type. She has really made the most of her time at home, and I am impressed and inspired by her progress.

maryshady
01-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Is it me or is the show getting very boring? Maybe I need to start dvr ing it.

Amber-I agree I really like the white team guy. He tries so hard and he is so big. I give him lots of credit.

Garden-I agree. She seems like such a great person. It looked like she really affected a lot of people on the show too in such a short time period.

Leslie-I felt the same way. Put me in a situation that involves heights & I would def be freaking out!

iaradajnos
01-13-2010, 10:11 AM
So, I missed last week because of a meeting. I saw the tail end. Today the whole family watched. I was glad not to seeing them bleeping out half of people's words. The placements were lower. I thought Allison was very pretty. She looks a lot like my niece who lives back home. It's almost like watching my niece.

I most am thinking now of the white team. These folks are all working on so many issues. The mom wasn't pulling Jillian in to her "pity me" party. I know J has seen the same story over and over. I was trying to read J's face and felt like she seemed to be really being a trainer and not someone working the camera and BL drama. When she got her to the pool, I still saw some trainer left and a connection. However, J seemed to have really pushed her "client" a bit farther and faster than I think a full-time personal trainer might go.

I go back and forth with the show. I love it than get so disappointed. Now, I'm in my maintaining phase after losing so much weight. I look at it differently. I hope to continue watching but I think the swearing and product placement will increase over the weeks in strategic ratings move. They real you in for the beginning then interest ebbs and they have to pump up the fighting, drama, swearing, and placements.

American Idol looks like they're done with their "apple pie" startegy and looking to replace it with the X Factor which is over the top. I'm getting to the point where books and PBS are about all I can tolerate.

mulder1921
01-13-2010, 10:45 AM
I personally liked when Jillian was forced to eat taco bell. They made it "extra" gross by letting it get cold and congealed. I have now vowed to not eat foods that have the potential to become congealed. And no Taco bell EVER again.

Kimphin
01-13-2010, 12:08 PM
I thought it was great when Bob had to put on Michaels extra weight. It should make him have even more respect for the contestants that are running on treadmills and going through the workouts. The food segment was kind of gross - reminds me why I don't eat that stuff anymore.

I saw parts of "Confessions of a Reality Show Loser" and I thought that Eric's wife was a major whiner too, to the point that I couldn't watch the whole thing. I hope for his sake that he loses weight and keeps it off, but she needs to shut it - TBL did not make Eric put 200lbs back on!

QuilterInVA
01-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Also, Eric made a comment when they were fixing dinner that that was how they were used to eating and they didn't have any intention of eating veggies, salads and chicken breast. And he works in a deli!

Violin Jenn
01-13-2010, 01:41 PM
I loved the moment when Bob had to put on Michael's wieght and felt bad for Jillian having to eat Taco Bell. Just looking at what she had to eat was making me sick. Poor Jillian! I've been following a clean eating lifestyle for a while now and will never go back to that junk. Ewww! For Bob to actually feel the weigh that Michael lives with every day might just help him help Michael better. Michael is the one contestant who, I feel, after 1 week has put total faith and control in Bob and Jillian's hands. He's my pick to do really well this season!

Seeing Jillian work with Maria in the pool to over come her extreme fear of water was so touchingly sweet! That's the side of Jillian we don't see enough of. I know it may have been too early for such a big push, but, in my opinion, Jillian doesn't know how long Maria will actually be at the ranch, so my guess is she needs to make as much of a breakthrough and impact as possible while she is there.

What I hate though is the game playing. The wife of the red team throwing a weigh in because they had immunity this week! By doing that, she is throwing away an opprotunity that thousands at home need and would jump at! She needs to be more focused on losing and learning as much as she can at the ranch to make going back to reality a smoother transition!

But, seeing the preview of next week's episode showing Bob getting all worked up at another thown weigh in has anxiously awaiting!

Ever notice how much hotter than normally hot Bob is when he's all worked up? :love:

Nella
01-13-2010, 02:12 PM
I don't love the red team. First of all, they are at a much better advantage than the others because they are the smallest people.

I don't think they'll be there long. Especially if they don't have immunity in the coming weeks. It's sad that others will be sent home that need the help more. IMO, the red team is there for the money. Nothing more.

ETA: Jillian was so over doing it on the Mexican food stuff. It wasn't that bad. Well, it looked gross because it was cold and congealed, but it wasn't vomit inducing, lol. But didn't they take all the people to a Mexican restaurant last season...

rachael
01-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Usually when people throw the weigh in, it's by water-loading to up their pounds, not by eating like crap for the whole week. I think it's reasonable and if you don't do it when you're immune, you risk not having a great week and going home the following. If you have false water weight on the week before masking your loss, it adds to your next week's "loss" even though you lost the weight before the previous weigh in. That aspect of game play seems sensible to me, as it allows you a longer time on the ranch. I don't like people who are nasty and pit people against each other, but a little water loading to ensure you have another week there seems not to be the most terrible thing.

Passionista
01-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Just watching TBL now on the DVR and feeling sad for the white team...I think that Mike/Michael will end up being the dark horse when we reach the final, that he'll look quite dashing. I think he's handsome now and will look really great when he's at a healthy weight.

david
01-13-2010, 02:57 PM
that woman hella smashed her face on the deck!!! that was the first time i ever watched the show...i think its a little condescending...i thought that was taqueria food and not taco bell...jillian was rude to call it crap...maybe its just cuz im mexican, but i found it offensive...those nachos would have been really good if they werent so soggy,,,just sayin!!

Passionista
01-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah, there's a way to make Mexican food healthy (I eat it regularly).

I think it's crazy to me that the red team wife who is 215 pounds looks so SMALL to me.

I can't wait to be that size. I have about 100 pounds to go to be as small as a TBL contestant. That's sobering.

Passionista
01-13-2010, 03:30 PM
I agree 100%
It's a GAME, like it or not, it's a game and using strategy to your advantage makes the most sense.
Usually when people throw the weigh in, it's by water-loading to up their pounds, not by eating like crap for the whole week. I think it's reasonable and if you don't do it when you're immune, you risk not having a great week and going home the following. If you have false water weight on the week before masking your loss, it adds to your next week's "loss" even though you lost the weight before the previous weigh in. That aspect of game play seems sensible to me, as it allows you a longer time on the ranch. I don't like people who are nasty and pit people against each other, but a little water loading to ensure you have another week there seems not to be the most terrible thing.

Aclai4067
01-13-2010, 04:35 PM
But, seeing the preview of next week's episode showing Bob getting all worked up at another thown weigh in has anxiously awaiting!

I think it's the Red team again. Because this week she was +1 to get to 215 and the preview for next week shows the new weight as 214 and the loss as -1

299lbs
01-14-2010, 06:31 AM
Is it just me, or does the White Guy have HUGE hotness-potential? I think he's really cute! Oh, and funny and caring (with his mom). He's gonna make some lucky lady very happy someday. Unless of course he goes all cocky with his newfound hotness :D

MBN
01-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Re: water loading. I think what bothered Bob was that people were doing it to play the game (for legitimate reasons), but claiming it wasn't game play. At least the red team pretty much admitted it. Heck, I would have done it - makes total sense. You have immunity, so water load a bit and save that (real) weight loss for the next week when you'll need it. Just be honest about it. Everyone knows what's going on.

MindiV
01-14-2010, 08:24 AM
I've got no problem with the game play. I would've done the same thing if I couldn't go home. And on the Taco Bell thing...I totally understand Jillian. I couldn't stand the look, texture or taste of Taco Bell food when I was bigger, and can't bear to eat it now either. I've been forced to try something off the Fresco menu once, and it was rough. Just something about it. And that's FRESH. I can't imagine if it was old, cold and congealed.

I think the red team's being smaller than everyone else is actually a disadvantage. Isn't it harder for "smaller" people to lose weight? Like, as I lost weight and became smaller, I had to work out more, count calories closer, etc., to keep up with the gains. I actually like them a lot.

Amber1011
01-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Is it just me, or does the White Guy have HUGE hotness-potential? I think he's really cute! Oh, and funny and caring (with his mom). He's gonna make some lucky lady very happy someday. Unless of course he goes all cocky with his newfound hotness :D

100% agreed

izzystizzy
01-14-2010, 07:46 PM
ETA: Jillian was so over doing it on the Mexican food stuff. It wasn't that bad. Well, it looked gross because it was cold and congealed, but it wasn't vomit inducing, lol. But didn't they take all the people to a Mexican restaurant last season...

I think the main thing is that Jillian is always promoting this food without hormones and chemicals rather than fresh mexican food ;)

Aclai4067
01-14-2010, 08:17 PM
I think the red team's being smaller than everyone else is actually a disadvantage. Isn't it harder for "smaller" people to lose weight? Like, as I lost weight and became smaller, I had to work out more, count calories closer, etc., to keep up with the gains. I actually like them a lot.

Well I think it's an advantage in the challenges. And if they can keep getting immunity they don't need to lose as much (from the game play point of view).

MindiV
01-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Well I think it's an advantage in the challenges. And if they can keep getting immunity they don't need to lose as much (from the game play point of view).

Game-wise I do agree it's an advantage. I've always kinda thought that with these shows. Like when Orange-team Danny (right name?) was first on TBL, he was so big he couldn't physically compete. I knew he wouldn't last long.

Violet73
01-15-2010, 09:22 AM
disgruntledone....i agree with you....its about losing weight and changing their lives. I think someone said Erik from a previous season did it for the money and the fame.....look where it got him. Hopefully most of them are serious about the weight loss and changing their lives. To gain weight just to stay on the show ...to me...is aggravating.

glitterhairdye
01-15-2010, 12:20 PM
I wish they would just take to voting out of it and see who really does lose the most weight. That would be the competition in my eyes. Or if they do get voted off keep them on and have the last person standing get a prize and whoever lost the most weight get one too. I read that in BL Austrailia if you gain weight then you lose immunity. I think this is a great idea and we should implement this rule.

Anyone else DVR it so they can skip all of the really annoying product placements and all of the artistic shots?? I also skip the voting because I find it boring. I only end up watching about 45 min of show! Shows how much filler they have...

squishysquirrel
01-17-2010, 11:02 AM
If this show is about weight loss, I think it would be best if they didn't vote people on the bottom out. Why can't everybody stay the entirety of the show? I guess it wouldn't be as exciting with the challenges, but couldn't the contestants get small prizes if they win the challenges instead of immunity? Still, I can't wait until Tuesday, though with American Idol on I'm having to decide which one to watch and which to record on DVR.

OrganizedChaos
01-18-2010, 10:57 AM
I think it's crazy to me that the red team wife who is 215 pounds looks so SMALL to me.

I can't wait to be that size. I have about 100 pounds to go to be as small as a TBL contestant. That's sobering.

I was thinking the same thing last week. I had to shake it off though because I felt depression sinking in.

Hun.e.B
01-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Uh oh...never thought I'd say this but I'm not loving TBL anymore. The past 2 seasons have been so blah! This season is fat porn, I'm really tired of the thundering music when the contestants walk, the closeups of fat rolls, etc etc, I really feel like they are trying to shame and humiliate the contestants. I liked that Bob put the weight on, however the way he was acting was upsetting and over the top, and Jillian eating TacoHell or whatever it was...gimme a break!

The more I think about what it is thats bothering me, the more I think....the contestants are just too big now. They are trying WAY to hard to make it dramatic and shocking, and its the point now where I cannot relate. I see the doctor telling the contestants just how sick they are and all I can think is...well I'm not that bad, I'm not that big, thats not me, I no longer relate. It doesnt inspire me. And I dont really know too many people who ARE that big, even though I know they are out there.

I've watched previous seasons in reruns and they are fun! The season where Jillian came back with the black team was on this weekend and I enjoyed it all day long! The people...while still obese are smaller and relateable, I look at them and think...I can do that, I should do that or its going to be me.

Just very sad what the show has become. I'm really looking forward to seeing the transformations but I dont know that I'm gonna be able to go the whole season with these people.

There's my rambling for tonight!

MindiV
01-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Uh oh...never thought I'd say this but I'm not loving TBL anymore. The past 2 seasons have been so blah! This season is fat porn, I'm really tired of the thundering music when the contestants walk, the closeups of fat rolls, etc etc, I really feel like they are trying to shame and humiliate the contestants. I liked that Bob put the weight on, however the way he was acting was upsetting and over the top, and Jillian eating TacoHell or whatever it was...gimme a break!

The more I think about what it is thats bothering me, the more I think....the contestants are just too big now. They are trying WAY to hard to make it dramatic and shocking, and its the point now where I cannot relate. I see the doctor telling the contestants just how sick they are and all I can think is...well I'm not that bad, I'm not that big, thats not me, I no longer relate. It doesnt inspire me. And I dont really know too many people who ARE that big, even though I know they are out there.

I've watched previous seasons in reruns and they are fun! The season where Jillian came back with the black team was on this weekend and I enjoyed it all day long! The people...while still obese are smaller and relateable, I look at them and think...I can do that, I should do that or its going to be me.

Just very sad what the show has become. I'm really looking forward to seeing the transformations but I dont know that I'm gonna be able to go the whole season with these people.

There's my rambling for tonight!

I still watch it, but I tend to agree with you! When BL started, it was about getting healthy. It was semi-normal sized people working out, eating better and learning something while we all learned as well (at least that is how I remember it!) Now it's more for shock factor.

I like seeing normal, not "the biggest contestant EVER" people on the show - like the 215 pound red team woman. I can relate well to their size and story. I like seeing people I can relate to - it's good seeing the 200 pound losses at the end of the season and all...but that's not realistic for the vast majority of people

Nella
01-19-2010, 02:39 PM
I didnt' watch it until last season, and I wish I had watched the older ones now. It seems very commercialized and producty, but I still like to see these people change. Bob seems to pick one person and stick with them. Amanda last season, the White team guy this season. And Jillian thinks she's a shrink.

This season is lacking anyone that I really gravitate toward, I can't even remember their names. I mean, how can they top Abby? She was SOOOO inspirational for so many reasons.

So I will watch it, but I won't be distraught if I miss an episode.

EZMONEY
01-19-2010, 09:27 PM
As I watched the first show of this season I turned to Angie and "wondered" how many people are out there right now trying to gain weight so they can have a chance to get on BL....

I wasn't kidding.....

squishysquirrel
01-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Sam and Koli are making me proud, but what's going on with the Red team and White team? I'm starting to not want to watch TBL anymore.

zinkemomx2
01-19-2010, 11:16 PM
OMG! Jillian is going to blow up.

I knew there was a reason I didn't like red team.

LitChick
01-19-2010, 11:37 PM

Perhaps you could look at it from the perspective of 'If these people can lose weight and get healthy, I surely can!' and get your inspiration that way. :)

I don't know what your starting/current weight is, so I'm making some assumptions here, but you may know more people who are that big than you think. At 300+ pounds, people were ALWAYS underestimating what I weighed, and if it came up, would guess around 100 lbs less than what I actually weighed. There may not be a lot of 500+ lb people (but I would wager that their numbers are increasing) but I think there are plenty of 300+ people out there, it's just difficult to accurately judge a person's weight when they are that big. I also didn't catch what part of the country/world you live in, so again am making a bit of an assumption, but where I live (and work in a public setting), I see PLENTY of people who look like TBL contestants.

I wish they would do a season where everyone was roughly the same starting weight and see how a more level playing field affects the weight loss results.

I'd also like to see more emphasis on their diet and the behavioral changes they are making but I suppose that doesn't make for as exciting TV as screaming and sweating in the gym. :dizzy:

Tomato
01-20-2010, 10:15 AM
I watched the second hour of last week's episode and over an hour of last night's (I am NOT liking TBL to be stretched into 2 hours - there is too much filler, IMHO) - it collides with my Zumba class.

Anyhow, a question: How come Maria was let go only after 5 votes? I was under the impression that Michael got 2 votes and Maria got 3 votes, but there were still two teams to vote - the pink girls and one other team, can't remember what colour. How come???

Personally, I don't like the pleading "please let my son stay, he needs it more than I do". IMHO, the contestants should be voted off based on what each team decides and not on anything else. (Yeah, I know, you will tell me to "keep dreaming" LOL).

Personally, I would have let Michael go because he is getting on my nerves with his attitude.

Also, I wish when they select contestants for each season that they would be more matched in size (or rather, weight). For example, there is a huge difference between Maria and Michael. I don't think I saw the member of the brown team that was voted off so I don't know if he/she weighed closer to the other brown team member or not.

Oh, and one last Q - the gray team - Sam(?) and Koli - are they brothers?

Jldsgirl
01-20-2010, 12:04 PM
I REALLY do not like the red team. She all out admitted last week that she purposely did not lose weight, and stood there practically smirking during the weigh in, then this week when she knew she didnt have to be the one who counted did the same thing again and got pissed b/c Jillian and Bob called her out on it. I really wish sam and koli had switched them at weigh in so i wouldnt have to look at her another week. She annoys me MUCH more than tracy did last season

Cali Doll
01-20-2010, 12:25 PM
I really love Jillian but I really need her to back off of the therapy crap. ...especially where the green team is concerned. I was worried that the Green daughter was going to assault her.

hhichick
01-20-2010, 12:38 PM
OMG, I would have LOVED to have seen the look on the red chick's face if Sam and Koji (they're cousins, BTW) had switched the red team instead of the white.

Ilene
01-20-2010, 12:45 PM
OMG, I would have LOVED to have seen the look on the red chick's face if Sam and Koji (they're cousins, BTW) had switched the red team instead of the white. Red chick wouda been outta there, that's for sure... I too would have loved to have seen her face in hat situation :lol: ...

Tomato, I usually watch the last hour only... I just really care to see who is voted off and the transformation of the person sent home, I never miss that part...
Also, I wish when they select contestants for each season that they would be more matched in size (or rather, weight). For example, there is a huge difference between Maria and Michael. I don't think I saw the member of the brown team that was voted off so I don't know if he/she weighed closer to the other brown team member or not.It's because they go by percentage of weight loss, I think ... But still a person who has a lot of weight to lose, usually, loses faster than a person who doesn't have a lot of weight to lose...

Tomato
01-20-2010, 01:15 PM
[COLOR="Red"][B]
It's because they go by percentage of weight loss, I think ... But still a person who has a lot of weight to lose, usually, loses faster than a person who doesn't have a lot of weight to lose...

I know, but that's exactly why I believe the contestants should be within some weight range so that "apples" are competing against "apples"; and not "apples" against "oranges".

oh yeah, I forgot about the red team weigh in - that was a nice shouting scene between her and Bob/Jillian. :rofl:

Violin Jenn
01-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Hi ladies,

So Red team chick got on my NERVES these last two weeks. It would have been PRICELESS to see her face if Sam and Koli had switched them out! She's getting on my nerves like Tracy, but it does make the show interesting! The shouting matche between her and Jillian and Bob was great!:rofl::rofl: I haven't seen Bob nearly that pissed off at any one contestant since Joelle!

The Green teams Migdalia, I am in favor of Bob and Jillian's therapy simply because these are issues, especially for Migdalia, that need to be brought to the surface and delt with. Jillian and Bob don't know how much time they are going to have with her, so yes it maybe a bit early to force it up, but second to a therapist they are the best shot Migdalia has at learning to not freeze out her emotions and make those lifestyle changes that will help her. Migdalia got to be 300+lbs because she used food to number the pain and freeze other emotions. She mentioned that her daughter does not cry because there is no reason to. My Dad used to say the same thing to me when I was little girl "What are you crying for" "THere is no reason to cry" "Stop being so sensitive" and I ended up doing the same thing. I completely agree with Jillian when she said that emotions are a compass, tears are a sign of strength. THere is nothing wrong with showing emotions. It wasn't until I delt with those emotions and learned to let them out that I became successful in my weightloss(keeping it off and lossing this last bit).

For what reason I don't yet know, but I'm pulling for the Gray team. There is something about Sam and Koli that I really like. Maybe it's their attitude and approach to this opprotunity? But I like getting to know them each week a little.

Jldsgirl
01-20-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm leaning towards the gray team also. I really respect that they didnt slack off just because they had immunity. I am going to guess that the 1st time red goes on the chopping block the woman is going home.. at least i REALLY REALLY hope so, LOL.. I HATE her. There's just something about her that every time she opens her big mouth i just want to smack the s**t out of her, lol.

Tomato
01-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Jldsgirl,
I love your avatar! Please plant a kiss on that tummy for me! :-)

I like the gray team too, and I have to say I was surprised, and quite impressed, to hear them say they will work as hard as if they did not have an immunity, etc. - especially in view of the practices of many previous contestants who overhydrated before the weigh in (so as to have a bigger "loss" the next week).

ennay
01-20-2010, 06:08 PM
I honestly dont have a problem with the hydrating back some weight (the lying is crap) but red teams strategy seems to be coast until we have to work hard again. THAT will bite them in the butt.

I do like grey team although the Tongan whoop is still ringing in my ears from Sione and Filipe so I hate to hear it.

I was waiting for someone to point out to whiny *** Michael that grey team did them a favor by swapping them. Maria's weight loss would have put them below the yellow line as well.

Hopefully he realizes he cant just phone it in. I think the first 2 weeks he had huge water weight loss and just diet alone was doing it for his size. But not anymore.

I was very impressed with Maria taking on the swimming when she got home. I think that kind of attitude change will do as much for her life as the weight loss.

I still like green team, especially the mom. I hope they figure it out.

Nella
01-20-2010, 06:41 PM
I think the Gray team showed their true colors last night. They are there for the real reason, not to play the game. The red team is there for the money. No doubt about it. They've even talked about needing money because he can't work, so - duh!- they are totally in it for the cash. I hope they boot her off ASAP!!! I was so happy when Sam & Koli won ammnity, I cheered in my living room, lol.

I thought it was hilarious when Jllian ran to Bob at the pool and told him to "go fix it" with the green team. It's like they play good cop/ bad cop.

As for the white team, I think Michael has a lot of work ahead of him, and I won't be surprised if he gets booted off soon with teh attitude he has now. And they can't blame the Gray team, because her loss would have put them under the line anyway.

But man, i wish they had picked the frickin Red team!!!

Hun.e.B
01-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Just when I think I dont like the show anymore we get an episode like last night...not sure why but I really enjoyed it even though it was all drama.....I loved what Jillian said to green team! I think she was right on the mark. I also thought it was really funny when she told bob to go do his thing...go finish it.

So did NBC screw up and show us the Red lady's weight?? cuz the clip showed her starting 214 lbs and 186 I think it was...that would mean a 28 lb loss! which would prove she's playing the game. I wouldnt think NBC could make that big of a screw up though. That would have been so awesome if Gray had switched redteam! She's this season's icky vicky. Her little comment about Mike was totally uncalled for.

Violet73
01-20-2010, 08:35 PM
I love the gray team....I love their attitude....Sione and Felipo were favorites of mine from before. I just like people with positive attitudes who aren't whiners I guess :D The red team girl needs to go and take her husband with her! I dont care for them at all..I think they only came on the show for the money. I could be wrong but they give that impression. I think Michael on the white team will do better now that his mother isnt there. I think she babies him. Maybe he will "man up" lol! I really like Stephanie (purple daughter)....she is so pretty and I think she will come out of her shell as she loses weight. I just hope she doesn't go crazy like last season's Rebecca! haha

hhichick
01-20-2010, 09:02 PM
I really like the grey team, too. :)

Nella
01-20-2010, 09:05 PM
So did NBC screw up and show us the Red lady's weight?? cuz the clip showed her starting 214 lbs and 186 I think it was...that would mean a 28 lb loss! which would prove she's playing the game. I wouldnt think NBC could make that big of a screw up though.

I'm glad you saw that too!! I thought, no I imagined that, but apparently not!

Jldsgirl
01-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Tomato: thanks.. that's my preggy pit bull Jessie. She's a big baby, lol

Violet73
01-20-2010, 11:07 PM
I doubt NBC showed her actual weight...they have done this before and it ends up being one of the weights before it shows the actual weight.....you know how they make that scale go up and down and all over the place before actually showing the weight. who knows though...she might have actually lost that much weight since she has rigged the last two.

MBN
01-21-2010, 09:34 AM
I lost a lot of respect for the red team. I think the water loading is a perfectly acceptable game strategy, but lying about it is just bull-oney. I suppose it makes for more interesting viewing, but I don't particularly like seeing all of the yelling ...

I also think the Gray team has a great attitude - they didn't care if they had immunity, they worked just as hard. Good for them!

Sasil
01-21-2010, 11:12 AM
What I would like to see with the show is all the contestants start out around about the same weight....whether that be the size of the red team or the size of the white guy team. It just seems unfair to put smaller people in with overly large people..the smaller people have an advantage of less body ache and they are able to move about easier. They should do one season with people starting in the 200lbs and one season with people 300+ keep them seperate.

I also think with it being a game and immunity involved...some how they need to figure out how to make the players not know who will have immunity till weigh-in...that way there can be no water loading...because no one will know who has immunity till after weigh-in...I guess just wishful thinking...knowing who has immunity keeps the "drama" going..

I really don't care for the red team...did you see how the guy jerked his shirt back...because he was mad.....he knew what his wife's plan was....Now she is going to have this "huge" loss next week that will keep them around...he will probably water load, so he will have the big loss the following week...ugh, looks like we are stuck with the red team for a while...

just sayin.....

Nella
01-21-2010, 11:15 AM
There was a small clip of the Red guy yelling at one of the trainers for calling his wife a liar. Well, if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...

I think they "accidentally" showed that little bit of her losing that 28 pounds on purpose. They knew people could see it, they wanted to keep us hooked. And it's working... Drama should be high at the next weigh in.

Sasil
01-21-2010, 11:15 AM
I really like the 2 teams that are fighting to come back... the mom and daughter and the dad and daughter...I would like to see more about them...I wish they could both come back and stay...they seem like they are in the "game" for the "right" reasons...to get healthy!

Ilene
01-21-2010, 11:17 AM
I love drama :corn:

Violet73
01-21-2010, 11:43 AM
yeah it would be great if they did a BL 200 pounds and a BL 300 pounds...and so forth...it would make it more fair and more competitive at the same time!

zinkemomx2
01-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Since they do the dunk test on everyone maybe they could do a season where all the contestants were within 2-3% of each others body fat. I still really want them to do one where the lowest weight loss goes home regardless. No votes. No immunity.

Kimphin
01-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Anyhow, a question: How come Maria was let go only after 5 votes? I was under the impression that Michael got 2 votes and Maria got 3 votes, but there were still two teams to vote - the pink girls and one other team, can't remember what colour. How come???

The last 2 votes didn't matter because in the case of a tie vote, the person with the lowest weight loss percentage for the week goes home (Maria).

I am sick of the Red team also - first of all, she has the least to lose of all the women, so she's not going to be the biggest loser anyway - just quit faking it and go away! The green team bugs me a little bit, although I can see why Miggy would get protective of Megdalia, Bob and Jillian are trying to help them.

I still don't have any favorites this season. Actually, I barely remember anyone's name, which is unusual by this point.

When they started the scene in the trainer area I thought - "Cool, we never get to see this part", and then I started laughing because - of course, it had nothing to do with showing us how they help the contestants, it was all about Schilling for Walgreens! Ugh!

izzystizzy
01-21-2010, 07:28 PM
its sad for the red team , in the sense that what are u there for? She is just... grrr ... no words to say here *** , anyway so many people would like to have her chance...

Tomato
01-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks Kim!

hhichick
01-21-2010, 07:36 PM
What? You mean you can get those flexible cold packs at WALGREENS? Who'd have guessed! ROTFL!

Ilene
01-21-2010, 11:01 PM
What? You mean you can get those flexible cold packs at WALGREENS? Who'd have guessed! ROTFL!:rofl: yea, the logo was written all over the band :doh:

weebleswobble
01-22-2010, 11:59 PM
hey can you buy that extra watermelon gum at walgreens too? it really helps with those fruity cravings...

hhichick
01-23-2010, 01:36 AM
And I hear it only has 5 calories! ;)

weebleswobble
01-23-2010, 10:45 AM
My daughter insists I buy it for her in the checkout every time we go to the store, thanks TBL. I'd rather she had a piece of fruit when she had that fruity craving....

maryshady
01-23-2010, 12:34 PM
You girls have me rolling!:rofl:

tammygirl
01-24-2010, 04:32 AM
The orange team hasn't been mentioned much. I have to say that they are my new favorites. I love the son..he is so cute with his curly hair. I bet that this team goes far in the competition. I am really annoyed with the red team. I hope that Michael can get his groove back, he has so much potential and he REALLY needs to be there.

Violet73
01-24-2010, 11:16 AM
The orange team hasn't been mentioned much. I have to say that they are my new favorites.

I love the orange team too! He is already a cutie and when he loses he will be even more cute!

Anyone wonder if there is a romance going on this season with anyone? Last season so many romances happened that we didn't find out about until later....I'm just wondering if the same might be happening with orange guy and purple girl, Stephanie. It's just a thought cause he was very upset that week when she and her mom were up for elimination! ;)

Violin Jenn
01-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Anyone wonder if there is a romance going on this season with anyone? Last season so many romances happened that we didn't find out about until later....I'm just wondering if the same might be happening with orange guy and purple girl, Stephanie. It's just a thought cause he was very upset that week when she and her mom were up for elimination! ;)

I had that same thought too regaring orange guy and purple girl! But it's only week 3 so maybe at this point a close friendship is blossoming, which can bloom into anything!

momof5k
01-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Orange guy and purple girl would be SO cute together!

Violin Jenn
01-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow's episode! Even though a lot of us have mentioned that the Red team chick has to go, she does keep it interesting. So maybe keeping her around for a bit wouldn't be so bad. She'd give Jillian someone to truely beat upon! I love watching Jill beat on people when they piss her off!:devil:

HeatherABC
01-25-2010, 02:00 PM
I lost a lot of respect for the red team. I think the water loading is a perfectly acceptable game strategy, but lying about it is just bull-oney. I suppose it makes for more interesting viewing, but I don't particularly like seeing all of the yelling ...

I also think the Gray team has a great attitude - they didn't care if they had immunity, they worked just as hard. Good for them!

On Biggest Loser Australia water loading will get you up for eviction regardless. They don't take it at all. I think it was the first or second season they had problems with that and Bob and Jillian did not like it AT ALL prompting the rule change. So she's probably smart not to admit that's what she's doing.

weebleswobble
01-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Can we do some math though? She must have lost at least...what 16 pounds in the last two weeks.

Did she chug a gallon of water last week, and then two gallons this week? Did anyone check here profile to look to see if her abdomen looked engorged? (no I don't have time.:) )

What's she going to do next week if they get immunity again, chug three gallons?

meowy
01-25-2010, 08:05 PM
That lady on red team really hacks me off. I think that if she loses anything this week they should divide that number by 3 and only give her a third of it!

First to smirk and act smarmy the first time around, then to lie the second week! Girl.... please.

Jldsgirl
01-26-2010, 01:01 PM
they make me sick. always whining about the husband not making good money anymore, and its "so hard"for them... she's a freaking lawyer, they got money. They should come up here and try living on my husband's salary for a couple of months and then see how "hard" they think they have it at home. People like them are the reason i am so anti-social, lol. And the woman admitted that she didnt want to lose weight the first week they had immunity... GRRRRRRRRR!!!

Mercy03
01-26-2010, 08:47 PM
I gonna post now so the karma kicks in but..........red team go home!

Violet73
01-26-2010, 09:49 PM
I am SO with you Mercy! The red team wife is so fake...it was obvious she was lying on the scale last week. They are only there to win the game not to lose the weight.

I loved getting the update on Shay! I have a new respect for her. She looks so great! Hope she loses a lot and gets a bunch of money! :)

I love, love, love the gray team! I like all teams except the red....dang and I'm on the red team here....they are not doing my color justice!!!!!!! LOL! I wish the green team didn't feel so isolated there...that makes me sad. I hope they kick butt too!

But, I will be sad if the orange guy goes...he seems like a sweetheart! Good show tonight!!!! Mercy, I hope your karma kicks in! :D

Violet73
01-26-2010, 09:55 PM
awww I just saw where the gray team chose the phone call for the green team! that makes me happy :) I'm all tears now! geez!

hhichick
01-26-2010, 09:58 PM
I love the grey team even more.

I'm glad they gave the call to the green team - and I think it says a lot about them as people that they gave it to the red team, too. I think the red team chick is lying - but she's still a Mom who loves and misses her kids. It was a really decent thing for them to do.

Mercy03
01-26-2010, 10:29 PM
I gonna post now so the karma kicks in but..........red team go home!

Well, alot of good that did. They got immunity. Again.:mad:

Ilene
01-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Well, alot of good that did. They got immunity. Again.:mad:yes, again :rolleyes:

zinkemomx2
01-26-2010, 11:13 PM
I still think she water loaded. Three weeks and 11 pounds? You got to be kidding me. She saved some weight for next week for sure.

Spoiler ahead........... *drag to view

As much as Magdalia needs to be there to get past her emotional stuff I think it is more important for her to be home with her husband. They mentioned he deploys for Afghanistan in 5 weeks and I can only hope and pray that he makes it home safe.

The teaser made it sound like one of the two teams at home kicked some serious ***. Of course the teaser messed with us this last week with reds weigh in.

I think my faves are the grey team and the girl from the purple.

iwannalose92
01-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Hate the red team...btw never posted in here haha but tonights show really pissed me off!

The red lady is such a liar, she gets on my nerves. But I did love how Jillian was just laughing at her when she was crying, it was pretty funny :P

Also, LOVE Sam from the grey team. And love Stephanie, the purple girl. She was working so hard during that first immunity challenge and couldn't catch a break!

hhichick
01-27-2010, 12:31 AM
If I'd have been Migdalia, I'd have wanted to go home, too. Her husband is now in Afghanistan and they have two kids. I'd have wanted to see him before he left and be with my kids while he was gone.

gardend1va
01-27-2010, 02:18 AM
I love love love those Tongan cousins! So much heart, both for the challenge and for their fellow competitors. They have a lot of class and I hope they go all the way.

As for the red team, that hatchet-faced wench can get off my tv anytime now.

Steelslady
01-27-2010, 02:22 AM
If I'd have been Migdalia, I'd have wanted to go home, too. Her husband is now in Afghanistan and they have two kids. I'd have wanted to see him before he left and be with my kids while he was gone.

I've been thinking about this for awhile and something just bothers me about her and her mother's attitude. Did she not sign up for this? Does she realize how many people would love to have the chance she had to be on this show and get the help that they needed to get the weight off?

I totally understand about her missing her kids and husband but I have to ask- why did she leave them in the first place?

Personally I thought that her and her mother had rotten attitudes and both deserved to go home. I can't stand the red team either but I feel that the green team need an attitude adjustment. The daughter was already high strung with emotions at times since the beginning of the show. I felt like they both just gave up so that the daughter could get what she wanted and go home (she has said several times that she wanted to go home in previous weeks)- any chance that they may have water loaded this week? I wonder- had they not got the two pound disadvantage from the Red Team- what would have been their excuse for doing so poorly this week?

My favorite team is the orange team. I know that drama keeps a lot of people watching but it sure would be nice to see more of these two being discussed. They seem so pleasant and down to earth- I guess that doesn't produce ratings LOL.

Passionista
01-27-2010, 04:48 AM
I just wanna MARRY one of the gray team members!!! ;)

Still watching, so, I haven't read the comments, but I'll be back to do that soon.

Violet73
01-27-2010, 08:56 AM
I totally understand about her missing her kids and husband but I have to ask- why did she leave them in the first place?

Well...I can understand her wanting to go home. I know I couldn't be away from my daughter like that. And then on top of that her husband was leaving to go to a place where he may never return and she couldn't even hug him before he left! I'm sure it was exciting to her at first but as the days went on...she realized where she needed to be. I would feel the same way. I'm glad she got to home before he left. I think she will do good now. It would be too hard to lose weight with all of that going on at home. IMHO. Also, I don't know how I would feel with cameras in my face all the time. I don't think I would like that. Sometimes they just don't think about what they are really signing up for also.

For some reason I couldn't get your quote in here about the orange team but I love them too! I would really love to see them go a long way on the show! :)

Tomato
01-27-2010, 10:05 AM
I've been thinking about this for awhile and something just bothers me about her and her mother's attitude. Did she not sign up for this? Does she realize how many people would love to have the chance she had to be on this show and get the help that they needed to get the weight off?

I know Migdalia was quite angry in previous episodes but I haven't caught the season at the very beginning and since the show overlaps with my Zumba class, I always see only the second hour. I don't if they gave up - they certainly did not seem too during the challenge where they had to hoist themselves up on those construction platforms (or whatever it was). I actually got very emotional when Miggy said they got to fight for the phone call home because if another team wins nobody will let have the call. I don't if they felt, from the very beginning, somehow emotionally separated from the rest of the contestants ... like I said, I see only half of each episode at best. But, I really liked the green team and I rooted for them.

I was pissed off ('scuse my French) that the red team stayed. Jesus Christ, at least ANOTHER episode with that lying b*tch? They can't go home fast enough for me. (Did somebody say she is a lawyer? If so, I would have expected her verbal skills to be better honed.) I had to laugh when she whined about being accused of being a liar on national television. I think both Jillian and Bob were too kind to her.

The grey team simply rocks. But I am sorry I don't like the oranges. I don't find the orange dude is cute at all but I do like the purple gal.

Edited to add:

1. I burst out laughing when Jillian started waxing eloquently about the Ziplock bags. That was so subtle! (NO)

2. Ilene, I love your haircut.

Kimphin
01-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Red team - sigh. Yes, my dear, Jillian AND Bob called you a liar on national television, but even if they hadn't, millions of viewers around the country were calling you a liar in their living rooms. "is that number right" oh, she is a terrible actor! (and a liar, LOL)

While I understand Megdalia's wanting to be home before her DH deployed, I don't respect the ATTITUDE! I wanted to smack the sour puss face she had on in every shot! She and her mother have been given an opportunity that many others would have embraced wholeheartedly - if she had reservations before it started, she should have backed out. And the mother - holy ****, how's the outlook on life, lady? Yikes.

I really do love the gray team, and the purple girl.

loriehohlf
01-27-2010, 10:28 AM

I agree, they had such a bad attitude. When they did the first challenge (marathon on the bikes) they seemed to be very determined and had a positive outlook on the whole process. Now they just seem mad about everything. They both looked really ticked off when they got on the scales..crossing their arms and all. They annoy me more than the red team.

amynbebes
01-27-2010, 10:53 AM
As for the red team, that hatchet-faced wench can get off my tv anytime now.

Ha, this cracked me up.

Also, had to add that I too love the greay team and think they're both adorable now and will be smoking hot at the end.

Steelslady
01-27-2010, 12:00 PM
While I understand Megdalia's wanting to be home before her DH deployed, I don't respect the ATTITUDE! I wanted to smack the sour puss face she had on in every shot! She and her mother have been given an opportunity that many others would have embraced wholeheartedly - if she had reservations before it started, she should have backed out. And the mother - holy ****, how's the outlook on life, lady? Yikes.

I really do love the gray team, and the purple girl.

I agree, they had such a bad attitude. When they did the first challenge (marathon on the bikes) they seemed to be very determined and had a positive outlook on the whole process. Now they just seem mad about everything. They both looked really ticked off when they got on the scales..crossing their arms and all. They annoy me more than the red team.

I am so glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I feel like the mother thinks her doo doo don't stink and her attitude is very bitter and sour. I also believe that her attitude rubbed off on her daughter- she simply did not care about being there and there was no changing her mind. She was going to take her ball and go home because things weren't going their way.

I just wish we could know if they would have had the same loss without knowing about the two pound disadvantage ahead of time. I still think that they both water logged themselves before the weigh in as both of them did very poorly this week. Usually one partner may do poorly but the other does well. It will be interesting to see if the mother does well next week. I really don't care to see her ungracious attitude on TV. Emotion and passion is fine, but acting like two pouty, *****y, two year olds is not entertainment to me.

I always root for everyone on the show until they give me reason not to. These two just got under my skin with all of their huffing and puffing throughout the show last night.

Like everyone else- I don't care for the red team. However they had to pick three teams to give those cards to and no matter who they gave the two pound loss to, someone would have been upset at first but I'm sure that the others would have rose to the challenge and worked hard to overcome that disadvantage.

dietcokehead98
01-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Personally I thought that her and her mother had rotten attitudes and both deserved to go home. I can't stand the red team either but I feel that the green team need an attitude adjustment. The daughter was already high strung with emotions at times since the beginning of the show. I felt like they both just gave up so that the daughter could get what she wanted and go home (she has said several times that she wanted to go home in previous weeks)- any chance that they may have water loaded this week? I wonder- had they not got the two pound disadvantage from the Red Team- what would have been their excuse for doing so poorly this week?
DITTO!
The green team was nothing but attitude. The red team-well, the lady just needs to stop.talking.

safyre
01-27-2010, 12:14 PM
I tell you what, I think the wife on the red team manipulates her husband as much as she does the scale. Wow.
And the green team... meh. The game wasn't going in their favor and their attitudes were pushing everyone away from them so they gave up. Instead of trying to make friends and push themselves they just decided the world was against them.
From the previews of next weeks episode, it looks like one of the two (if they go to that?) falls below the yellow line walks off.. I wonder if it's the other green member. It wouldn't surprise me - everyone else WANTS to be there.

OrganizedChaos
01-27-2010, 12:21 PM
So glad to see everyone feels pretty much the same about the Green Team. It's one thing to play the game and throw weigh-ins, but their attitude in general BITES! Migdalia's speech, or lack there of, at the end for why they should vote her off was I think a slap in the face to all the other contestants who were looking for a reason to keep one of them there. I wish they could have sent both of them home. And, I am really over the whole, "Don't cry" bit. Hello!!! It's very clear now that this is your issue. Bottling up emotions is a huge sign of overeating and weight gain and I don't think she had learned enough on the ranch because it didn't seem like her transformation was as WOW as others have been. I noticed in the scenes from next week there is no deliberation or vote needed which means someone who has only 1 team member left is going home. I am betting it's green.

On the flip side, I can't wait to see the 2 teams, blue and yellow, return next week. I am kind of rooting for yellow but could easily be swayed. I really like them both.

Kimphin
01-27-2010, 12:33 PM
I agree that the previews made it look as if a one-person team was going home, but I don't think that it is green, since the preview also showed everyone crying. I'm not sure that the other contestants would have that much emotion over Miggy's departure.

And - not sure if anyone has mentioned this before - but it looks like the hair and makeup lady finally got to Jillian this season - eye makeup, curly hair... it looks good on her, but ...odd.

Violet73
01-27-2010, 01:10 PM
did anyone see that they had to call 911 on next weeks episode? I'm wondering if that was the person who had to leave? Maybe the white team guy or brown team guy? idk?!?

Tomato
01-27-2010, 01:52 PM
And - not sure if anyone has mentioned this before - but it looks like the hair and makeup lady finally got to Jillian this season - eye makeup, curly hair... it looks good on her, but ...odd.

Yes, I did notice. It was during one of her comments (she was alone in front of the camera) re the red team (or, more accurately, re the red wife) when I thought holy smokes! Lipstick, mascara, eye shadows, the whole works.
It did look nice on her - she is very attractive looking on her own, without anything else - but somehow I prefer them sans make up when it's in the context of exercise. I know Jillian doesn't exercise per se, she just cracks the whip, but still.
OTOH, I did not like her make up when she and Ali Vincent were interviewed the next morning after Ali became the first female biggest loser.

Violin Jenn
01-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Well regarding the Red Team, I agree that she does manipulate her husband just like the scales and yes for a lawyer her verbal skills suck! I want to slap that smirk off her face!!! But Karma is always the bigger b***h and they can't get immunity every week!

Green Team-Something definately did happen in the heads of them that had Migdalia wanting to leave. Knowing her husband was deploying to a war zone where he may not return from alive may have affected her more than she thought. Especially once she was on the ranch and away from him. I do wonder though how would she have done on the ranch had Miggy been sent home? I think Miggy had too much influence on her and if separated, Jillian and Bob might have been able impact her alot.

Purple, Black and Orange teams-I think they have what it take to just fly under the radar of this drama and go far in the game.

It was funny watching Jillian laugh at Red team when she cried about being called a liar on TV. :devil::devil:HA! Bob and Jillian did have some amazing restraint and professionalism regarding Red Team. How many others would when faced with the situation. Red team saying the they had no respect for Bob and Jillian, well anyone who is gonna say and do what they did, ummm Bob and Jillian should have no respect for THEM!

Kimphin-the hair and makeup did look great on Jillian, but I wonder how she was convinced to go through so much of it? From what I know about Jillian, she seems like a huge tomboy and hair and makeup must be torture!

Next weekOMG! Who was the 911 call for? Could be White team guy, Brown team guy or Pink Daughter. My bet is for Brown team guy. He or his brother had a moment in week 1 with Jillian about being "cursed" as so many family members died and being worried about it. THey showed the weigh in and you could see tears on the faces of the gray team so that leads me to think whoever the 911 was for, isn't returning. I just hope that person survives!

BTW-Does anyone else think Bob looks a little to thin lately? Hope he hasn't been sick.

Aclai4067
01-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Aparently I'm the only one who likes Miggy. I think she's tough, like in the workout where Migdalia was her "teacher" and told her she could rest, she chose to keep pushing. True they didn't handle being given the 2 pound disadvantage too well, but I'd be pissed too. You can't avoid feeling like it's personal. Oh, and I thought it was pretty ballsy that Migdalia admited that she gained some weight back initially after going home. It's great that she's back at it now though.

I also like Ashley from the pink team, the girl left on purple (ha, i keep forgetting her name because she's never in the drama!), and both guys on the grey team.

Steelslady
01-27-2010, 02:56 PM
I tell you what, I think the wife on the red team manipulates her husband as much as she does the scale. Wow.
And the green team... meh. The game wasn't going in their favor and their attitudes were pushing everyone away from them so they gave up. Instead of trying to make friends and push themselves they just decided the world was against them.
From the previews of next weeks episode, it looks like one of the two (if they go to that?) falls below the yellow line walks off.. I wonder if it's the other green member. It wouldn't surprise me - everyone else WANTS to be there.

That's what angers me so much about the green team- there are people who would LOVE to be there right now getting the help and training they need to succeed at weight loss, yet these two just pissed it away. Kind of abused the opportunity if you ask me.

Jldsgirl
01-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Did anyone else catch the red b**** giving a smart a$$ wink and smirk to the green team after they exchanged words at the weigh in?? I really hope she goes on soon.. And the gray team are wonderful guys... there is no way i would have given red a call home. I dont care for green's attitude either, but the red team wanted them gone, or more specifically she wanted miggy gone. She tried to convince everyone else to vote for miggy saying all the drama comes from her. I have a hard time believing that since red b is all about the drama

saef
01-27-2010, 04:26 PM
I was actually fascinated by the green team.

To me, their demeanor seemed like a cultural thing. Not Puerto Rican, but urban ghetto. I live very near the Bronx & I have seen this sometimes on the trains when a confrontation is about to happen. To not be a victim in that culture, you must appear strong, very large, able to take care of yourself, and you must mask your feelings in public. You must be proud & represent your ethnicity & your family.

Also, authority is generally not your friend. The general demeanor in the face of authority is defiance. Frustration & anger are what is going on underneath, & a feeling they cannot possibly win anything, ever.

I have seen people from that culture laughing together one minute & then, when a transit cop comes by, their faces freeze over. It's like seeing a visor come down on a helmet, blocking out all expression.

If Miggy & Migdalia do not live in that culture anymore, they may have successfully extricated themselves -- they may be part of the emerging middle class, rather than poor -- but the culture may have influenced them, even aside from their own personal family culture.

I do not say everyone experiencing urban poverty is like this, but some are, and as I said, the whole demeanor in that atmosphere makes complete sense. It is one gigantic defense mechanism.

But when someone is removed from that culture, and placed in a more middle-class setting, where the culture is completely different, all that anger & frustration & all the old tactics that seemed appropriate to the old environment look threatening, hostile, cold & closed-off.

Miggy strikes me as a proud stubborn survivor of tough times who does not know how to adapt to a different reality. Same with Migdalia & her coping mechanisms.

Which is probably why I give Lady Macbeth of the Red Team less of a pass. She's a middle-class lawyer, well within her element & supposedly good at communicating, which is one of lawyers' skills. Her behavior during the weigh-in was similar to a malicious "mean girl" teen.

During the previews for the next show, when the ambulance came roaring in, I wondered if Lady Macbeth had waterlogged so much for the next weigh-in that she damaged herself with water intoxication & flushed out all her electrolytes.

But nah, it was probably someone I like a lot being injured & pushed out of the game.

ennay
01-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Aparently I'm the only one who likes Miggy. I think she's tough, like in the workout where Migdalia was her "teacher" and told her she could rest, she chose to keep pushing. True they didn't handle being given the 2 pound disadvantage too well, but I'd be pissed too. You can't avoid feeling like it's personal. Oh, and I thought it was pretty ballsy that Migdalia admited that she gained some weight back initially after going home. It's great that she's back at it now though.

I also like Ashley from the pink team, the girl left on purple (ha, i keep forgetting her name because she's never in the drama!), and both guys on the grey team.

No, I like Miggy for many of the reasons that Saef says, but I wanted Miggy to go home because I think Migdalia needed more Dr. Phillian.

Cali Doll
01-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Well put, saef. I like(d) the green team as well. I understood their anger and it frustrated me to see Jillian pushing so hard to get the daughter to open up (2 weeks ago). It's just not something you can force on her - at least not this early on.

I think they are both fighters and I believe they'd cut you if you cross them. lol! They fascinate me really.

Violet73
01-27-2010, 06:33 PM
LIke I said before...Migdalia had alot of reasons to want to go home. We can't judge her feelings until we have been there. I myself would not like the constant pressure of cameras and mikes in my face along with the interviews and cheesy commercials you have to do to be on the show while you miss your kids so much. Having said that...I love WATCHING the show...but would never wanna be on it for those reasons! Miggy and Migdalia were smiling and cheerful when together on the first episode but yeah I agree that they were putting up their defenses on the show. Also...we must remember all the editing that happens and how BL likes to make someone a "bad guy" every show ;) I think red team woman is doing that enough on her own this time though! No amount of editing can make her look as bad as what has already come out of her mouth!

Aclai4067
01-27-2010, 06:39 PM
The red team's been annoying me for a while, but what really put them on my bad side was her smiling when the green team didn't lose enough last night. She didn't even try to wipe off that grin, and then she just haaaaad to comment. It's just plain b**chy to gloat when someone doesn't do well on the scale.

MariaMaria
01-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Re Miggy/ghetto issues--it could just as easily be basic self-respect. We all have lines we will. not. cross. and it's not unreasonable for someone to be willing to be half-naked on tv but not willing to let some personal trainer decide that suddenly she's gonna be our therapist, for the delight of the viewing audience.

****, I'd go on air naked (and unwaxed) before I'd play that emotional/psychological bit of the game.

maryshady
01-27-2010, 08:30 PM
How about how Miggy just let Migdalia go home without putting up a fight for her own daughter. I feel she has manipulated that girl her whole life. Migdalia must have said at least ten times "I have to take care of my mother." It should really be the other way around. By far Migdalia needed to be there more than her mother, she had/has considerably more weight to lose. I think if Migdalia had stayed she might have been able to work thru some of her issues.

That being said I couldn't stand that team from the start. They just really were all attitude. What I wouldn't give to have my brother go on that show, they get the chance and then b***h and complain about it the whole time. It's a game and game play will always be involved.

Can't stand the red team either. She def manipulates her dh too! It's like she is the puppet master in that relationship.

I love the white team guy. Hope he goes far. I think it was so cool of him to not say anything to all of them last week. I probably would have cussed them out. T

Sasil
01-27-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm thinking the 911 call :-( has made someone leave the ranch and that is why there will be no voting next week.

Red team still stinks...

Green team really stinks...I can't stand attitude..I think it is time for the Mom to go home now...so many people would love to have the chance they had to be on Biggest Loser...and they seem to have just thrown that chance away.

Violet73
01-27-2010, 09:19 PM
The red team's been annoying me for a while, but what really put them on my bad side was her smiling when the green team didn't lose enough last night. She didn't even try to wipe off that grin, and then she just haaaaad to comment. It's just plain b**chy to gloat when someone doesn't do well on the scale.

YES! that was so uncalled for! I also go back to what we said last week about having contestants on the show that are all equal weights. It is SO much easier for someone to get around at 200 pounds than 400 or 500 pounds. The red team got immunity cause they were able to run back and forth for the cards faster. I just dont think that is fair.

babygrant
01-27-2010, 09:48 PM
I think the red team totally threw the weigh in.....but ya know, if that's how you play the game, so be it. I really wish everyone would play the game in terms of losing weight and getting healthy instead of looking at the money. There are millions of people who would love to be able to get on the biggest loser without having a cash prize at the end!

I really love a few of the teams this season! Love the orange team, love the grey team, love the black team, love the purple girl.

Miggy and Midalia honestly scare me. They are so abrupt and always have that mean look on their face and agressive body language and I wouldn't want to bump into either of them in a dark alley.

Only wish with the biggest loser is that they would focus more on the eating aspect. THey have their little promotions that show they eat fruit, like Jillians cheeeeeesy ziploc bag thing last night. HA! But I wish they'd focus on how they eat.

I wish this show was on 7 days a week. I hate waiting till next week to watch!

meowy
01-27-2010, 09:48 PM
The red lady is such a liar, she gets on my nerves. But I did love how Jillian was just laughing at her when she was crying, it was pretty funny :P

haha!! My husband had me rewind so we could watch Jillian laugh at her some more. He rarely watches this show with me but now he's so mad at the red lady, and so entertained by Jillian and Bob's reactions, he is going to watch next week's episode too hehe. He said one of his favorite parts was when Bob walks away and mutters to Jillian "kill 'em!" in regards to a workout.

Those commercials they fill the time with crack me up. Last week's Walgreen's ice thing was hilarious. Hello, McFly.. it says Walgreens on it.. you sure I can't buy that exact one with the fancy Walgreen's print on it at CVS.. maybe RiteAid? You sure? Too bad.. haha

Okay so then we get to the ziplock bags. We both laughed a ton on that. The thing is for once, we learned something. I didn't know if you stuck a cantelope in a bag it wouldn't get moldy. Who knew!? We just toss them in the fridge and hope for the best. My husband says if we put one in there and leave it for a month and it gets moldy, he wants me to write a letter to Jillian and complain. haha

Wonder if red team lady still has a job or if her law firm decided she's too much of a crazy spaz to keep around. I wouldn't want her representing me. I'd be all "Oh crap no, woman.. you lied about how much water you drank! You cannot possibly defend me in a court!"

Another thought I had about red team is that possibly she water loaded *before* coming to the show, when they did their weigh ins initially in their hometowns. Then on day one official, she lost massive pounds. I figure she did that, yepyep.

I'm embarassed for the red team guy, what can he do.. I suppose has to defend his wife to keep marital peace, but dang he looks mortified with some of the stuff she says and does.

Where'd you guys see the 911 stuff? Is it regular commercials or was it at the end? We record the show so I think maybe we don't get the very last seconds maybe. I get to see the update about the person who goes home though.

babygrant
01-27-2010, 09:49 PM
YES! that was so uncalled for! I also go back to what we said last week about having contestants on the show that are all equal weights. It is SO much easier for someone to get around at 200 pounds than 400 or 500 pounds. The red team got immunity cause they were able to run back and forth for the cards faster. I just dont think that is fair.

But it was a game of chance. Not all the cards were good ones. Look at the purple girl, she went back and forth 8 or 9 times and didn't get one single good card!

Violet73
01-27-2010, 10:46 PM
But it was a game of chance. Not all the cards were good ones. Look at the purple girl, she went back and forth 8 or 9 times and didn't get one single good card!

True true....but she isnt extremely huge either but yeah she was not lucky. Obviously, the more chances you get at choosing cards the more chance you will win or should win. I wonder how many times the white team guy went?

MindiV
01-28-2010, 08:42 AM
As for the red team lady winking "at" the green team...wasn't she standing by the gray team? I wonder how much of that was editing - like they took another gesture she made at another point in the weigh in and put it in there?

Don't get me wrong...she makes herself look plenty bad arguing with people. But I suspect that wasn't intended for green at all...just put in to help make her the wicked witch of the season. But who knows?

safyre
01-28-2010, 10:02 AM
I suspect that wasn't intended for green at all...just put in to help make her the wicked witch of the season. But who knows?

That's my suspicion as well. All the reality shows are notorious for taking things out of context to make things more interesting and make the bad guy look even worse to boost the drama factor up even more so. That scene seemed really choppy to me to boot.

On another note, guess what ice/heat pack I bought from Walgreens yesterday for my shoulder injury?? And let me tell you, the heat pack part of it SUCKS. It doesn't retain heat worth a ****. LOL I can only hope the ice pack function is much better!

AND, I put my Honeydew Melon balls in a ziplock a couple weeks ago.... lets just say you really don't want to see them... Hahaa

HeatherABC
01-28-2010, 10:25 AM

I try not to take the smirks, winks etc... seriously because I know that the show is edited to make the bad guys look even worse than they truly are. The facial expressions could have happened an hour earlier... but when Melissa opened her MOUTH and spouted off I wanted to slap the s#$% out of her! Even taking into account her horrible game play and lying, this was the last straw IMO for her. She will not redeem herself for me because I think she showed her true character. The last contestant I disliked this much was Vicki two seasons ago... and Melissa's almost making her look like an angel.

I seriously hope she goes home this week!

HeatherABC
01-28-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm thinking the 911 call :-( has made someone leave the ranch and that is why there will be no voting next week.

Oh I didn't catch that there will be no voting next week. Dang, there goes my hope for Melissa going home!

HeatherABC
01-28-2010, 10:29 AM
I really wish everyone would play the game in terms of losing weight and getting healthy instead of looking at the money. There are millions of people who would love to be able to get on the biggest loser without having a cash prize at the end!

I agree with you on this! I wish they'd remove the money incentive and focus on the getting healthy reward instead. My heart breaks when people go home week one. I know that for so many this might be their only chance to get healthy.

HeatherABC
01-28-2010, 10:31 AM
I wish this show was on 7 days a week. I hate waiting till next week to watch!

I believe it's on 6 days a week in Australia. You definitely get to know the contestants better on that version, because you see more of their lives in the house.

Sasil
01-28-2010, 11:49 AM
I forgot about that outburst from the red lady at the end...ugh.... She really needs to go...not like she has over 100 lbs to lose like some of the others, that "really" need to be there.

I really don't have a favorite yet...I have my "likes" black team , grey team, I think my favorite though will be one of the 2 that come back the dad and daughter or the mom and daughter

Sasil
01-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Pink team is OK, I haven't really got to know them yet...I'd like to see the daughter lose a bunch to see how she looks when she does.

It would be great if the show could air more than once a week...so we could get to know the players better!

I'd also like to see how orange guy looks when he loses his weight...

I like purple girl...she seems simple and "normal" ;-)

HeatherABC
01-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Interesting interview with Migdalia

http //tvwatch.people.com/2010/01/28/biggest-losers-migdalia-jillian-took-the-wrong-approach-with-me/

jlee10
01-28-2010, 03:00 PM
I think the red team totally threw the weigh in.....but ya know, if that's how you play the game, so be it. I really wish everyone would play the game in terms of losing weight and getting healthy instead of looking at the money. There are millions of people who would love to be able to get on the biggest loser without having a cash prize at the end!

I agree! The red team totally threw the weigh in! and the mother swore on her children's life. That is crazy!!

About 2-3 of my friends and I meet every Tuesday to watch this show! And have been for the last few seasons! Two seasons ago we would go and eat at applebees after the show! Now we are cooking good healthy meals, this show is so inspiring.

Tomato
01-28-2010, 05:50 PM
About 2-3 of my friends and I meet every Tuesday to watch this show! And have been for the last few seasons! Two seasons ago we would go and eat at applebees after the show! Now we are cooking good healthy meals, this show is so inspiring.

That's so awesome! I would love to have a bunch of friends to watch TBL with. Each week a different person could prepare some healthy snacks to munch on.
I have to say You go, girls!!

maryshady
01-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Heather-thanks for the link. The comments after the interview pretty much sum up what most of us are saying here. To much attitude and very ungrateful for the awesome opportunity they were given.

kuchick
01-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Love reading all the comments here. Just finished watching the Biggest Loser recording while on the elliptical (how I justify watching such drama). Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I don't like the Red Team lady either. I agree that she's lying, but the only time so far that she has said mean things has been in response to something that was said to her. I think she lied at the weigh-in simply because it was a defensive response to being yelled at. The comment she made to the green team at the weigh-in this week was after they said something to her that was bleeped and not subtitled.

I hope red team gets voted off, but I think much of her villainy has been edited in with various expressions that could have been recorded about any time over several weeks. Makes it easy to edit in whatever you want when the contestants wear the same clothes every day.

I just think that ever since the Vicky "B****h from H*ll" season (which by the way she actually did SAY multiple mean things which were impossible for editing to chop together so you know she was really that awful), that now the editors try very hard to make one of the women the new evil villain every season. I'm finding it offensive that it's always a woman late that they pick. I think the stereotyping is pretty over-the-top and annoying.

EZMONEY
01-28-2010, 10:54 PM
I haven't watched since the first show due to going to bed early since I leave before 5am for my current construction site...

but my wife is watching....I asked her last night how BL went...

she used the B-WORD several times describing the green team.....

Violet73
01-28-2010, 11:02 PM
I just think that ever since the Vicky "B****h from H*ll" season (which by the way she actually did SAY multiple mean things which were impossible for editing to chop together so you know she was really that awful), that now the editors try very hard to make one of the women the new evil villain every season. I'm finding it offensive that it's always a woman late that they pick. I think the stereotyping is pretty over-the-top and annoying.

That is the one season I missed! I was moving back home during that season and missed it! Maybe its a good thing ;) I think the producers just like some drama on the show no matter who causes it. Erik caused a lot of drama when he voted Marty off and they were teammates. It is the drama from Tues night that has kept all of us talking about even two days later :) Still, I always find myself rooting for the nice ones! Cant wait for next week...and wonder who had to leave the show.

Jldsgirl
01-29-2010, 10:30 AM
While i agree that editing can me manipulated to make some one look like a villain, Melissa from the red team doesnt need help from editing for it to be obvious that she is a b****. It was completely unnecessary for her to tel Alli to point out that the 2lb didnt make a difference to the green team.

jgray321
01-30-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm in complete agreement with some previous posters about Miggy being the one with the attitude. I think she should have gone home and then her daughter would have had a better chance but I also think if they had sent her home then her daughter would have had even more of an attitude problem about it and it wouldnt' haven't helped her. So I guess they did the right thing. I just wish they hadn't let the 2 pound disadvantage get inside thier heads that way.

I hate that red witch. She is totally manipulating the game and her husband. At least Jillian can see right through her!

I love the gray team! Those two seem like good honest hard working guys.
I actually like everyone except the red witch. I even like her poor DH b/c I feel a little sorry for him having to put up with her.

Can't wait til next week!

FitGirlyGirl
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
I finally had time to watch the latest episode last night. I still mostly love TBL, but I am sooo tired of the product placement. Some of them don't bother me as much as others because Jillian and Bob were all about those products before it turned into phony placement crap - like subway, they've always said subway was good, so those don't bother me AS MUCH. The extra gum ones I hate the most for some reason.

Also, I have to say that when I first saw the episode where Jillian ate the taco bell I thought she was seriously over acting. Then recently I was making some healthy ranch dressing with plain yogurt and I tasted a tiny bit of DH's regular ranch to compare. I only had a very tiny bit, a drop of it on my finger, and I was nearly as grossed out as what Jillian was displaying on that episode. I almost threw up, I had to wipe my tongue off with a paper towel and then down about 16 oz. crystal light to get the nastiness gone. And that was just for a tiny drop of normal dressing, so I can't imagine what it must have been like for someone who normally eats so cleanly to have had to try eating cold, congealed taco bell.

I am so in love with gray team. They are absolutely my favorites. They are adorable, and such sweet guys. I love how they tried to do as much good as they could when handing out the phone calls. I hope that they can both stay until the end. If I understand correctly the confusion over them being brothers or cousins is that they are both. I think that by birth they were cousins, but Koli's parents adopted Sam.

I like brown team too. They reminded me a lot of my first husband. He and I are still best friends, we got divorced because we were better friends than spouses - more like brother and sister. His name is even James.

I like the purple girl too. She seems to be there for the right reasons. I like to see how hard she seems to be working. I hope she gets to stay a long time too. She's DH's favorite, cuz she's a cutie.

I, like many, can't stand the red team. She is such a liar. She drives me nuts with the crying about being called a liar on national television. They are calling you a liar because you are lying, you c***. What about the fact that she is basically saying "on national television" that two of the world's best trainers don't know their jobs well enough to know these things? Grrrrrr. I haven't made up my mind about the husband, I don't like him, but I don't know if he is lying too or if he's just stupid enough to believe her.

I don't like the green team either. They are whiny and full of crap. Jillian was right too, something has to change or Migdalia's daughter is going to end up in their same shoes. Also, those of you feeling sorry for Migdalia keep in mind she has access to a free gym, free medical care, free nutritionists/dieticians, free weight loss classes, and pretty much all the help she could possibly want if all she'd do is ask. I don't feel bad for her about the crying due to being away from the husband who was deploying or the kids. She knew he was deploying and she knew she had little ones before she left. My husband is military and if he were scheduled to deploy there is no power in this universe that would take me away from him during his last months/weeks home before deployment.

katkitten
01-30-2010, 02:57 PM
i HAD a fave team. sunshine and her dad =0(

jmfan317
01-30-2010, 03:17 PM
I hope the yellow team returns nxt ep I will be so happy. I also wonder who is the one w/ the medical problem nxt wk. Sounds so scary. Red team drives me up a wall I wish they would just get voted off already.

DaisyNicole
01-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Arrrrgh! I can't wait til ALL of green is gone! It's one thing to be the red team and being "playing the game". I think it's a whole other ballgame to just be a horrible person with a bad attitude which is projecting all through the house.

weebleswobble
01-30-2010, 05:55 PM
I can't respect the comments that Melissa (Red Team) has been making to and about other players, but she has certainly played the game shrewdly (which I hope I would) and she has always respected the wishes of others at voting time.

She does make the show more interesting...

FitGirlyGirl
01-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Daisy - I was kinda hoping that they'd vote Miggy off because I figured that would make Migdalia quit and they'd both be gone.

Weebles - Didn't red team vote for Miggy this last time?

Hun.e.B
01-31-2010, 10:54 AM
yes I think you are right Red team did vote for Miggy as I remember it.

Someone said something about Melissa (lol thats the Red lady's name) only saying mean things when provoked, I'd have to disagree with that. someone pointed out the whole "it wouldnt have mattered anyway" comment, she also made snippy comments about the other people's weights. For example when Mike said he'd probably have eaten all that food in one sitting she said "well no wonder he's 500 lbs" as if she herself isnt on a weight loss show. Just mean hearted is how I see it. Doesnt matter how you edit that stuff its gonna come across as mean.

NikiBrue
01-31-2010, 01:29 PM

I see your point and agree that people are being set up as the villains (sometimes I suspect they sit them down before the show even starts and deliberately choose someone!) but I have to disagree that it's always women...in Season 7 (the 1st one I watched, lol!) the villain was Ron, the brown team dad. He manipulated the thing like some kind of toned-down "godfather" the whole season...he's even said so in interviews after the fact. Said something like "I was the sickest one so I had to rely on manipulating the game"

weebleswobble
01-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Just something to think about: if there was a camera crew following "me" around for a week, how mean (or crazy or lazy or anything else) could they make me look in the process of editing that week down to an hour?

trekkiegirl
02-02-2010, 02:31 AM
Jillian just posted on her Facebook page that the brother of one of the male contestants just died. No indication of which contestant....can you imagine if it's the twin? Especially after John said he was cursed with all the deaths in his family.

Tonight's show looks pretty scary. I wonder if it's Michael they call the ambulance for. The preview makes it looks like it's related to the no need for a vote at the weigh-in but that could be misleading. But, figuring the "smallest loser" is one of the single team members, which leaves Michael, John, Miggy and Stephanie (I think that's purple girl's name, lol). The folks seemed so teary so I'm thinking it ain't Miggy!

I see your point and agree that people are being set up as the villains (sometimes I suspect they sit them down before the show even starts and deliberately choose someone!)

I remember reading an interview with Mark from season 5 where he mentioned the show actually had the contestants holed up together for a week before filming started in order to encourage agitation amongst them. He also said he exaggerated his personality somewhat.

BTW...for anyone interested, last season winner Danny Cahill will be on The Doctors February 5. He mentions it on his Facebook, which he's actually pretty active on in terms of responding to people.

MindiV
02-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Oh, and if anyone is around Wichita Falls, Texas, this weekend....the radio said Danny Cahill would be at World of Wheels. Of all places. Weird.

Violet73
02-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Jillian just posted on her Facebook page that the brother of one of the male contestants just died. No indication of which contestant....can you imagine if it's the twin? Especially after John said he was cursed with all the deaths in his family

hmmmm....Her post almost seems like she is talking about a show being filmed right now? I wonder is the show we are watching still being filmed ..like at the end? or is it a new show being filmed?

babygrant
02-02-2010, 01:27 PM
hmmmm....Her post almost seems like she is talking about a show being filmed right now? I wonder is the show we are watching still being filmed ..like at the end? or is it a new show being filmed?

Nope, it's on the biggest loser tonight!

Violet73
02-02-2010, 06:27 PM
babygrant...so whose brother died from the show tonight? I thought the preview showed them calling an ambulance for a contestant that is at the ranch. Jillian's post said one of her contestant's brother died.

Ilene
02-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Trekkie Girl , I couldn't find the Jillian Micheals facebook, I only found the 30D shred... Is that where you see the information?

trekkiegirl
02-02-2010, 08:47 PM
This is what Jillian wrote on her Facebook status 18 hours ago:

"Today was rough on BL. One of my contestants had his brother pass away yesterday. He was wrecked - then i was wrecked for him. Ughhhh so sick with heartbreak for him tonight. Kiss your loved ones tonight or email them and let them know how much you care. Life is short. xo"

It just happened so I don't think we are going to see anything happen or mentioned on air, if at all, until further into the season.

Here's Jillian's page:
http://www.facebook.com/jillianmichaels?ref=ts

I just read on NBC board that tonight's show has changed time to an hour later, 9-11 and the 8-9 hour is a recap.

Violet73
02-02-2010, 09:43 PM
I hope it wasnt the twin! Guess it could be a brother of any of the men on the show though...

safyre
02-02-2010, 10:12 PM
All the build up.... LAME!!

Aclai4067
02-03-2010, 12:31 AM

They're still filming the end of this show I believe. They're currently taking applicants for the next season (or at least they were as of last week)

Okay, so I missed some stuff because, frankly, LOST is back and totally takes preference in my book. So what did Miggy need surgery for? And even though the product placements are horrible, I do kinda want to try the yogurt smoothie things!

Passionista
02-03-2010, 02:50 AM
I had this DVRed and for some reason, it cut off the end! Why was last week's episode played over? I don't get it. I am pissed! :(

Violet73
02-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Gray team is still my favorite!
Michael is doing great since his mother left....hope he keeps it up!
Stephanie is doing great too....I love it that she is motivating others!
Miggy...was very impressive. Appendectomy one day and walking 13 miles the next! WOW! A very strong woman she is! She also showed some vulnerability this week which I'm sure is rare for her. I really wanna see her succeed.
Melissa was a little nicer last night so thats great....time will really tell with her.
Yellow team returned! I just think Sunshine is beautiful! Oneal losing that much weight! wow!
Still love the orange team! I wish they would show more of the mother though...she looks a little spacy sometimes but sweet :)
Pink team is great too! Ashley's story made me cry. Some parents really need parenting classes. People need to watch what they say to their kids! Her mother seems really sweet though.
Black team is doing good .....dont really "know" them yet...but did see some spark in the daughter when she was angry about only losing 5 pounds each week.

The show is getting better and you can really start to see the weight loss on some of them!

Passionista
02-03-2010, 09:01 AM
So who went home?

Violet73
02-03-2010, 09:06 AM
JOhn from the brown team went home.....they didn't have to vote him off cause he was the only one that fell below the yellow line

Passionista
02-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Thank you! How much did Miggy lose? I was curious because of her surgery etc.

VarsityQuidditch
02-03-2010, 09:14 AM
I had this DVRed and for some reason, it cut off the end! Why was last week's episode played over? I don't get it. I am pissed! :(

You know what it was, Passionista? The new episode was from 9-11, and 8-9 was a recap. So annoying, huh? The same thing almost happened to me, but we realized 8-9 was a recap early on, so we changed the dvr to record 9-11 instead :( sorry!

Tomato
02-03-2010, 09:44 AM
You know what it was, Passionista? The new episode was from 9-11, and 8-9 was a recap. So annoying, huh? The same thing almost happened to me, but we realized 8-9 was a recap early on, so we changed the dvr to record 9-11 instead :( sorry!

This was annoying. I hated the fact that it stretched til 11 pm, I typically go to bed at 10 pm or so., 11 pm is too late, are they nuts? Am I the only one who has to get up in the morning to go to work? :?:

Miggy - is she for real?!? I had appendectomy when I was 22 yrs old and the day after I was glad that I could make it to the washroom without passing out. I cannot believe that she walked THIRTEEN BLINKING MILES a day after surgery!! And the next day 18 miles. Jesus!!! Hats off to Miggy.
It was nice to see the change in her attitude and that she is willing to fight now and stay in the game. BTW, for the lady who asked - I believe Miggy lost 4 or 5 pounds but that was amazing because the Dr. also told her she had some 7 or 8 lbs of fluid in her (that she got during the surgery).

Man, Melissa was SO CLOSE to being booted off the ranch - well the red team was but I hoping they would kick her out. I can't stand that woman. She was entirely PATHETIC in the gym, she screamed worse than as if she was in labour. Would you do that if you had camera in your face? I am sure the leg presses were hard but I consider leg presses one of the easiest exercises anyway. And the crocodile tears, sheesh! I was very disappointed when the brown team dude fell bellow the line.
Umm, sorry, I just needed to went.

So, ladies, don't forget to eat your Jennie O ground turkey (I am sure no other brand will do) and your Yoplait fruit!!! :D

Ilene
02-03-2010, 10:46 AM
So, ladies, don't forget to eat your Jennie O ground turkey (I am sure no other brand will do) and your Yoplait fruit!!! :D:lol3: they just crack me up when they have those «commercials» in the middle of the show :rolleyes: and they are sooooooooooooooooo rehearsed!!

Re: Miggy's walk-a-thon, good grief, I was shocked that the doctor said it was ok....

Again I agree with you Tomato, Melissa had 3 plates on each side of the leg press, suck it up princess this is what you signed up for !!

hhichick
02-03-2010, 10:54 AM
IIRC, Miggy lost something like 5#, which is incredible for having had surgery that week.

I really liked Miggy this week. She actually got all teary. And, well, she rocked. Anyone who walks ~ 50 miles the week of surgery deserves to stay another week, so I'm glad she got it.

I was also thrilled that Michael won the challenge. He's so big that he didn't stand a chance at most of them and WINNING this one obviously meant a lot to him.

Cali Doll
02-03-2010, 11:57 AM
I also want to try that smoothie thing! LOL!

You guys, Miggy touched me. I felt for her last night and I almost cried when she was talking to the doctor and told him she walked 13 miles. She said if all I can do is walk, I'm going to walk (all the way to Puerto Rico).

Gosh, she might be one of my favorites now. That woman is crazy strong! I love it!

How old is Sunshine? I thought she was a teenager but her face seems a bit older. I really like her, too.

I was glad the other twin went home instead of Miggy. There I said it!

retiredone
02-03-2010, 12:49 PM
I wasn't too pleased with the time change of the show. I'm on the farthest Easterly part of North America and the show didn't end until 12:30 am. I kept falling asleep and only got bits and pieces of the show. I did see most of the weigh in but missed the yellow team coming back and Miggy's surgery. She must have had laproscopic (sp?) surgery to up and about next day. But even then she must have been sore.

What was Red Team Melissa doing all the crying about in Bob's arms? Missed what started that. I know the Red Team was almost under the yellow line but she was sobbing.

Torister
02-03-2010, 02:21 PM
I think Melissa needs *to go*. What a whiney biatch! When she was talking about attitude in the house (her meaning Miggy) all I could think was...YES...its from YOU! I would be thrilled to see her leave...and saying she was "disappointed" in Lance. Ummm...he was working hard. You can't control how much weight you lose in a week. Geesh...

*Very* impressed with the attitude change in Miggy. I felt badly for her when she went to her room and was finally able to let her emotions out and cry because her daughter left and she was alone. The new and improved Miggy has great potential and is showing some real grit. I was pulling for her last night.

Yeah for Micheal for winning the challenge! Yeah for the Pink team for staying in spite of the 2 lbs disadvantage!!

The twin that went home looks like he is doing what needs to be done at home. Good for him!

I can't wait for next week!

Tomato
02-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Retiredone, holy moly! I so feel for you - I don't think I would have stayed up till 12:30!

One more thing I wanted to mention - weren't you ladies suprised that Michael won the challenge (hitting the swiveling board - I can't come up with a better term)? I was just surprised to see how easily (at least seemingly easily) he was hitting each side, standing in the same spot - especially compared to the gray team guy who ran a bit back and forth.
I was rooting for the gray team but really the most important thing (to me) was that the red team doesn't win.

Torister
02-03-2010, 02:54 PM
I loved that Micheal figured out a way to get his hits in faster than the other teams. He seemed to set a rhythm and it sure worked! Glad he won the challenge....he was so very happy! The gray team are great guys and wanted to win...just glad red did NOT win!

saef
02-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Michael is a tall man, with a large wingspan, which enabled him to reach each pad more easily. (I haven't seen him side by side with a Gray Team member, but my guess is he's taller than they are.) Also, his weight certainly helps him with sacking something really hard, and though I am not a physics major, I suspect centrifugal force also worked to his advantage because of the force he was able to exert. Anyway, I love his Italian afro & his retro headband & his love for 80s music. He's a fun guy, a bit of a goof, and I certainly hope he sticks around.

I didn't understand what went on this week. The character arc, I mean. I had some continuity problems. At least two team members seemed to reverse their characters completely from what we saw last week. Miggy became something like a heroine. And was it my imagination, or did Melissa get a gentler edit? Several times they showed her smiling encouragingly at other people & they seemed to highlight her hard work with Bob. Also, the conflict between her & Jillian seemed to be forgotten or at least in abeyance. Has she knocked off the waterloading? But there was one moment, when she said her husband Lance had screwed up. That seemed quite nasty, particularly in the context of this show, when family seems to be a nearly holy concept & everyone's doing it for their family. I wondered then if she & Lance had tried alternating water loading (one weighs in at his or her "real" weight, the other one waterloads slightly) as a way of prolonging their stay on the ranch, and Lance had miscalculated & gone over, inadvertently endangering them. Anyway, given the prominence of the waterloading controversy, I expect that's not over yet.

Count me as someone who sees Stephanie as a rising star. I like best the "straight shooters" like her who discover that they actually like working that hard & rely on their work to carry them. I want another Tara, I guess.

The Gray Team really appeals to me, but they're a bit too absolutist with their ideas of winning meaning everything & anything else meaning nothing. Otherwise they seem like a pair of standup guys. I hope they go far.

I'm less in love with Sunshine and O'Neal than I'd thought I'd be. Their conference together talking over their strategy on the ranch made me wonder. O'Neal has the potential to become a big gameplayer. Oh, please O'Neal, do not disillusion me by becoming like Melissa. Sunshine acceded to her father's plans a little too meekly. I'd like her to become more of her own woman. I hope O'Neal is not going to end up like Ron from a few seasons ago. That would sadden me, as I liked that O'Neal had a bigger agenda in mind, as he said when he spoke about the problem of obesity in the black community.

Cali Doll
02-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Anyone else want to trade in the red team for the blue team? I was sorry to see them leave. I love them!

ennay
02-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Does anyone else think TBL seriously crossed a line with Miggy?

I'm sorry, I cant think of any responsible doctor who would think that walking for 13 miles (probably pretty slowly so what 5 hours?) the day after major surgery was in the best interest of the patient overall. And then what 6-7 hours the next day? This is not how a body heals well.

Tomato - I think it was michael's size and weight like saef said, and he had a little patience. I think he was hitting the pad hard but letting the next pad come to him instead of chasing it down, giving him the ability to use his weight shift to launch the pad back around. By running to the pad and trying to hit it quickly they were burning energy and getting less energy on the pad.

VarsityQuidditch
02-03-2010, 05:16 PM
I agree- I was shocked each time that the 13 mile long walks were mentioned without even a hint of a talk from the doctor or trainers telling Miggy that it was too much. All anyone did was praise her. Clearly they aren't supervised as well as they should be.

Tomato
02-03-2010, 05:57 PM

I'm sorry, I cant think of any responsible doctor who would think that walking for 13 miles (probably pretty slowly so what 5 hours?) the day after major surgery was in the best interest of the patient overall. And then what 6-7 hours the next day? This is not how a body heals well.

I agree 100%, a 13 mile walk is quite an accomplishment for anybody WITHOUT any health issues, and without previous training. It just makes me shake my head why Miggy was even weighed at the end of the week, she should have been completely exempt for at least that one week.

Yes, I was also thinking that Michael is probably a big guy which helped him in the challenge (big in the sense of tall, long arms, etc.).

Jldsgirl
02-03-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm just disappointed that the red team didnt fall below the line. They need to go already. Also I do not like the yellow team as much as i thought i would after Oneal's speach about "rolling over the competition" if the need be. I wish the blue team had gotten to stay on the ranch, I love their attitude

babygrant
02-03-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm just disappointed that the red team didnt fall below the line. They need to go already.

I honestly don't mind HIM. It's her that needs the attitude adjustment.

Aclai4067
02-03-2010, 08:40 PM
I feel like if the red team falls below they'll ask everyone to vote him off and keep her. And most of the teams are good about respecting the other teams wishes because they want everyone to respect theirs

jmfan317
02-03-2010, 09:16 PM
I honestly don't mind HIM. It's her that needs the attitude adjustment.

I agree with husband isn't bad its Melissa. Then for her 2 talk that way bout her husband losing 4 lbs plz he wrks way harder then u do. I wish red would have gone below the yellow line they John could have stayed and Melissa could have gone.

MariaMaria
02-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Michael is a tall man, with a large wingspan, which enabled him to reach each pad more easily.

That all the men finished before any of the women speaks to the idea that this challenge heavily favored height and reach. (If I have to run five steps for each hit and you can stand in place, it's going to be a lot easier for you, especially as the number of repetitions increases.)

Oh, yeah. And the Alison narration that "of course we took her to the hospital"? I wonder what the green team chick with a fractured hip at age 24 who for weeks got written off as a whiner thought about that. (But I'm betting that whatever settlelment she signed with the network won't permit her to tell us.)

FitGirlyGirl
02-03-2010, 11:50 PM
I am so sad about John, but at least he is home with that adorable baby and with James. It looks like he is doing well. He and James had a lot they could teach each other. John could bring what he learned from additional weeks on the ranch home to James and James had already figured out how to do well at home and I'm sure he was a big help to John's transition.

I was really impressed with the changes in Miggy and I hope she continues to be more of the woman she was this week than the whiny one from before. Maybe some of the whining was because here appendix had her in pain and they said they also removed a cyst and some other mass. The woman had to be hurting. I feel bad now for thinking badly of her when a lot of it may have been due to pain.

I think the encouraging smiles Melissa tries to show are so fake looking. I am so tired of her.

I would very much have preferred the blue team be back on the ranch. I don't think it was a very fair fight with two females against a male and female. I am impressed with what he was able to do at home though - all 4 of them really. Wow!

I was so happy for Michael to win the challenge. I think it will be a real confidence booster when he really needed one. I love seeing him doing so much better.

ennay
02-04-2010, 02:22 AM
I'm just disappointed that the red team didnt fall below the line. They need to go already. Also I do not like the yellow team as much as i thought i would after Oneal's speach about "rolling over the competition" if the need be. I wish the blue team had gotten to stay on the ranch, I love their attitude

Yeah but if blue had won they would have found them some bad attitude to put on TV and then we would all have been wishing for yellow. Edited for drama baby!

meowy
02-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Miggy is so pretty when she smiles.

retiredone
02-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Did anyone notice Miggy holding her stomach when she stepped off the scales? I'd say she is doped up on pain killers.

babygrant
02-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Did anyone notice Miggy holding her stomach when she stepped off the scales? I'd say she is doped up on pain killers.

I noticed that too and she was wincing. I really hope she heals okay!

Tomato
02-04-2010, 02:01 PM

Yes, I noticed but that would not surprise me.
I actually talked about this with my physiotherapist during my session yesterday. She doesn't watch TBL but she is familiar with the concept and saw some episodes in the past.
I told her about Miggy walking 13 miles the day after surgery (and 18 miles the day after) and she immediately said that she [Miggy] must have pumped full of pain killers.

I still don't get it. Like I mentioned, I had appendectomy when I was 22. I was young and fairly slim then. I was in the hospital for a week, if I recall correctly,or close to a week. I had no complications, I guess it was a normal procedure at that time (this was in 1981 or 1982, I lived in Europe). When I was discharged, an ambulance brought me back home but there was some road construction going on and the road was dug up and impassable. The ambulance therefore dropped me off let's say 2 blocks away and I walked on an unpaved path (too narrow for a car to get through). I was quite tired when I got home and the day after I had a check in with my family doctor in a clinic on the opposite end of town (normally about a 20 minute walk, I don't recall how long it took me. I had enough when I got there, and that was a week after surgery.

Somebody mentioned that perhaps Miggy's appendectomy was done laparoscopically. I googled it up and it says:
In most cases, patients can be discharged within 24 to 36 hours. By contrast, the hospital stay is typically two to five days for an open procedure.
It also says the following:
Laparoscopic appendectomy may also be more difficult in patients who have had previous lower abdominal surgery and for obese patients.
We know that she also had a cyst removed and some mass, and she is obese. So I would think it was an open procedure. I still don't understand how she could manage a 13 mile walk.