The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL Season 9- Couples- Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

MindiV
02-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Are we SURE it was only one day, and then Miggy was back? I mean...it appeared that she went to the ER in the middle of the night, and she missed an entire day. Through the magic of editing, couldn't it have been a couple of days?

Not saying it wasn't CRAZY that she was able to walk that far anyway...I probably would have problems doing it for a week, myself!

mpappie
02-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi, I always read your comments, never had the time to respond. As one was has had quite a bit of surgery I just couldn't keep quiet on this one, it is irresponsible of the medical staff to let her walk that many miles:mad: Your body needs time to heal, sure walk a bit not 13 miles!
I have always thought they got top of the line health care, now i am not so sure.

ennay
02-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Are we SURE it was only one day, and then Miggy was back? I mean...it appeared that she went to the ER in the middle of the night, and she missed an entire day. Through the magic of editing, couldn't it have been a couple of days?

Not saying it wasn't CRAZY that she was able to walk that far anyway...I probably would have problems doing it for a week, myself!

The show stated flat out that it was 13 miles the day after surgery, 18 miles the day after that.

Now whether it really was a "24 hour day" or a "reality TV day" in my mind is kinda irrelevant. Not a good message to send out that weight loss is more important than ANYTHING else. That there is NEVER an excuse to take it easy for a day or a week.

One of my close friends who is 35 just had an appy a couple weeks ago. Taking her kids on the 1 block walk to school and back was about all she could take for a week.

Violet73
02-04-2010, 07:10 PM
I had laparoscopic gallbladder surgery and there is no way I could have walked 13 miles the day after surgery and I consider myself pretty tough....but I am no Miggy! Plus..I didnt have $$$$ hanging over my head :D

retiredone
02-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Ah, LeslieLou, you took the words right out of my mouth. I had laparoscopic gall bladder surgery and 2 weeks later I sang in an Easter concert at church and I was on pain killers to get through that. The day after surgery the nurse had me up walking the hospital halls and it was all I could do to stand up straight.

maryshady
02-05-2010, 08:20 AM
I agree with all of you. The show def crossed a line with this weeks episode. Even if it was laparoscopic surgery wouldn't she still have stitches or clamps which could become infected? You would think with all that working out there is a big chance of tearing the stitches out. Even worse then the walking by last chance workout which could have been maybe 6 days later she was running on the treadmill. In no way could that have been good for the incision.

I think they should have given her a by week. They did it for Tracey last season. Just very disappointed and disillusioned with the show this season. I know it is a reality show and they are in it to attract an audience but not at the expense of someone's health/life.

MindiV
02-05-2010, 09:12 AM
The show stated flat out that it was 13 miles the day after surgery, 18 miles the day after that.

Ah...see, I fast forward through 95% of the show anymore. Just can't take the product placements....guess I missed that.

FitGirlyGirl
02-05-2010, 10:53 AM
It's just so irresponsible of them. Some people watching the show are going to take it to mean that a person should be able to do that after surgery and they will either try and hurt themselves badly or they will feel so extremely guilty because they can't. I've never had anything done that is nearly as major as an appendectomy, but even after the minor things I have had done, there's no way. I wonder what Bob and Jillian's true thoughts on it were. The doctor makes me mad, I'm sorry, I don't care what the show is asking him to do, he swore an oath, and I believe that with Miggy he broke it. I have no more respect for that man.

Sasil
02-05-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure what to think of this weeks show....

I will say I was sad to see brown team go home...but at least he was going home to his wife and new baby, and he can now workout with his brother.

I thought I was going to like yellow team....now I don't know....I like the girl not sure about the dad...

I think I really like purple girl...hope she doesn't get the "big head" like the one girl did last year that looked so different at the final..with the short short blond hair.

I'd like to see more about black team...

Still looking for my favorite.... I have a lot of likes so far...but this season just seems to be a bit off....

discoloration
02-05-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure what it is but the chick on the red team bugs me. There is just something about her attitude that rubs me the wrong way. :mad:

Maybe it's just me.

I know some of the seasons I really get into and some I really don't care for!

EveLHaelf
02-06-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't like the green team either. They are whiny and full of crap. Jillian was right too, something has to change or Migdalia's daughter is going to end up in their same shoes. Also, those of you feeling sorry for Migdalia keep in mind she has access to a free gym, free medical care, free nutritionists/dieticians, free weight loss classes, and pretty much all the help she could possibly want if all she'd do is ask. I don't feel bad for her about the crying due to being away from the husband who was deploying or the kids. She knew he was deploying and she knew she had little ones before she left. My husband is military and if he were scheduled to deploy there is no power in this universe that would take me away from him during his last months/weeks home before deployment.

Military wife here, too! No sympathy for miss Migdalia's whining.

I'm watching episodes on Hulu, so they are a week behind so forgive me for bringing up old discussions, lol.

As much as I dislike Melissa, I was glad that she stood up for herself at the weigh in when someone on the green team said "you got what you wanted *****" I personally would have done the same thing and pointed out that the 2 pounds wouldn't have mattered because I'm not just going to stand there and let someone call me names.

"I wanna go home. Write my name down, what's so hard to understand?" I mean seriously? So disrespectful and such a terrible attitude.

kuchick
02-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Just wanted to say that 13 miles a day after surgery is ridiculous, but I know that my doctor told me to walk as much as I wanted and could handle after my third C-section. That obviously wasn't laparoscopic, and I could handle a 1 mile walk 3 days after surgery. And yes, many people said that after their C-sections they wouldn't have been able to do it, but everyone is different and I actually felt better after walking - it loosens up a lot of muscles that otherwise tighten up and start cramping. I was also told that it was preferable to take as much of my painkiller as I needed to be able to get up and move - that I would heal faster that way. I was able to give up the painkillers faster than if I'd just rested and avoided exercise.

I'm assuming that Miggy didn't walk all 13 miles at once - maybe 13 1-mile walks over a 24 hour period? Still, she's one tough lady to manage all that walking, and they should have given her a pass after she'd been pumped full of fluids for surgery. I remember that I had severe swelling from the IV for over a week after my C-section.

Still can't stand the red team - disappointed in her hubby? - what a snot!

Still like purple girl - hope she doesn't "turn" like Rebecca did last year.

I don't get why yellow team even made the comment about taking down other teams - having the only vote was pretty pointless even if a 2-person team had ended up below the yellow line. Just made me not like them, but it was probably editing to bring in new villains - does that mean Melissa is getting the boot soon :devil: ?

QuilterInVA
02-07-2010, 12:11 PM
People what WLS and go back to work in a week. If you have any sort of surgery, even big things you have to get out of bed and start walking immediately. It all depends on the person. She wasn't lifting weights or doing a lot of twisting. Maybe we should get medical degrees before we try to say what is proper in this case and condem the doctor.

Institches21
02-07-2010, 02:47 PM
I try to remember, this is a "Game", where there will be only 1 winner. So the show producers are looking to make this all that they can, so all of us will form opinions, and tune in next week for the next big shocker. Also remember we only get to see what was edited for our viewing, just like all the annoying product placements, and power struggles that go on, there is alot we don't get to see. I wish they would go into what they eat, like a normal 3meals, and 2snacks day. Not the gag down your throat, This turkey product is the best product in the world. How about how to make chili, using the "best turkey"

Amarantha2
02-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I thought the amount of walking was way inappropriate.

maryshady
02-08-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm with you Janga. I may not be a dr. but I think commonsense rules in this situation. 13 mile can not be good for a healing body.

Bette k
02-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Everyone deals with surgery differently, I had major surgery (removal of cancerous thyroid) and was back working full time with in a week. I could have gone back the day after I got out of the hospital but didn't because of a very large and visible incision. Miggy was used to working out hard on a daily basis and it doesn't look like she did herself any harm by walking. I wish I had some of her dedication.

Sheila53
02-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Read an article in my local paper today about a Season 7 contestant that came from my area. One of the things she said (besides admitting she'd regained 50 lbs. in just a few months after the finale) was that during her last week on the ranch, she was eating 700 calories a day. Her sister was down to 600 calories. I guess they work out 12 hours a day. She also said "the producers definitely play up personal conflicts on camera." I think we all could tell that! :)

I had an appendectomy (the regular kind) about five years ago at age 52. I was in the hospital less than 24 hours, but on pain meds for several days. The drive home from the hospital was horrible--every little bump hurt. I can't even begin to imagine walking more than from the bed to the bathroom for at least a day after I got home.

Tomato
02-09-2010, 07:50 PM
If we all focus really hard, do you think we can get the red team woman eliminated tonight, just by will power?!? I'll give it all I have. :-)

Aclai4067
02-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Oh product placements! Gum does not satisfy my urge for cake.

weebleswobble
02-09-2010, 09:48 PM
ok, I'm at :46, and I just realized I haven't been paying attention. Except, I did see the gum 'commercial"...did anything dramatic happen?

:)

Violet73
02-09-2010, 10:21 PM
It's obvious the other contestants want the red team out too as they were one of the firsts to get out on the shooting challenge lol! I was so happy for Sunshine and her dad Oneal on the challenges! Sam and Koli are still my favorites as they have the "eye of the tiger"...welll Sam does anyway.

Cali Doll
02-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Random thoughts:

Sam is extremely sexy now. Wow!

I swear when Ali started talking about "Andrea" during the challenge, I said, "Who is Andrea??!". Not sure why I keep forgetting about her.

I'm intrigued by Sunshine because I can't tell how old she is.

I go back and forth on liking/disliking O'Neal.

ETA: Daris is another cutie pie. He's making quite a transformation!

weebleswobble
02-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Orange Daris looks cute, his face is so different!

Aclai4067
02-09-2010, 10:41 PM
It's sad to see Koli look so defeated this week

MistyDreamer
02-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Melissa is going home!!! Game play caught up to her finally.

weebleswobble
02-09-2010, 10:46 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Red Melissa gained a pound!

weebleswobble
02-09-2010, 10:48 PM
I didn't see that coming. I don't think that was game play--maybe she just had bad problems with water weight fluctuation, I do...that's why I take a water pill.

Aclai4067
02-09-2010, 10:50 PM
If we all focus really hard, do you think we can get the red team woman eliminated tonight, just by will power?!? I'll give it all I have. :-)

Bet you didn't really believe that would work. :lol:

Violet73
02-09-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm glad she is going home! Daris and Sam are looking pretty cute. Sam is gonna have some serious muscle tone when he is done..you can tell!

Mercy03
02-09-2010, 10:59 PM
DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!

weebleswobble
02-09-2010, 11:01 PM
weebleswobble gets dang creeped out by people who talk about themselves in the third person.

She does look good though. :)

Cali Doll
02-09-2010, 11:01 PM
I actually liked Melissa tonight. I have to admit I was sorry to see her go. Weird.

saef
02-09-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm relieved that Stephanie didn't get knocked out tonight. I have really come to like that girl.

I swear that Daris' mother has the advantage in that challenge because of her incredible thick, curly head of hair. That has to help at least a little in keeping the heavy torch aloft till next Tuesday night. ;-)

trekkiegirl
02-10-2010, 12:12 AM
The show isn't going to be on for at least the next two weeks because of the Olympics.

Glad to see Melissa MORGAN go. Was it just me or did it seem like Melissa MORGAN was shilling herself by twice saying "Melissa MORGAN"? Like, "if you need a lawyer call Melissa MORGAN."

Miggy had surgery and they have her doing more stuff than Tracey last season? :?:

Too bad about Darryl and orange mom. Too bad it's not Lance. Too bad this isn't Star Trek where redshirt meant that character was gonna get bumped off! :p

jlee10
02-10-2010, 12:38 AM

haha! I really like this!
She must be doing good at home, she is down to 175.

I think my favorite is starting to be Daris. I think he is going to be steady all season.

Violet73
02-10-2010, 08:47 AM
The show isn't going to be on for at least the next two weeks because of the Olympics.

Glad to see Melissa MORGAN go. Was it just me or did it seem like Melissa MORGAN was shilling herself by twice saying "Melissa MORGAN"? Like, "if you need a lawyer call Melissa MORGAN."

Miggy had surgery and they have her doing more stuff than Tracey last season? :?:

Too bad about Darryl and orange mom. Too bad it's not Lance. Too bad this isn't Star Trek where redshirt meant that character was gonna get bumped off! :p

Dang two weeks? oh well...I do love the olympics!

Yeah I caught that too about her using her last name...she just comes off so fake to me. Even when working out...there was just something not real about her. I could be wrong..its just the way she rubs me the wrong way I guess.

Tracey from last season developed rhabdomyolysis. I know its kinda misunderstood but if she was to work out too much it could have put her in kidney failure. Lots of people here are comparing Miggy and Tracey but they are totally different things. We really dont know the timeframe here either with Miggy.. although they did have her set out of the little skate challenge or whatever that was.

LOL at the Star Trek analogy! :)

Violet73
02-10-2010, 08:52 AM
:devil::devil:DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!

hahahaha!!!!!!!!! love it! I'm really a nice person but she just makes me mad! I thought Miggy looked really pretty last night and her attitude seems to be changing...she is smiling alot and really working hard!

weebleswobble
02-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Miggy has beautiful cheekbones.

Violin Jenn
02-10-2010, 10:13 AM

ROFL! I was singing this line as she was saying her goodbyes!! Karma is ALWAYS the bigger b*&%H!!!!:devil::devil:

Sam and Daris are definately making great transformations. I also noticed that Daris smiles more now. He's definately going to not have trouble finding a girlfriend by finale!

I was so happy to see Stephanie(purple girl) not go home! She's going to be gorgeous by the finale! She reminds me of Holly from Season 4.

Loved Miggy's excitement at breaking into the 100's!!!

Bob seemed to be more therapist this week than trainer.

I think it's cruel to show us trailer for the next episode that's 2 weeks away! Cruel! I'm dying to know who wins the challenge and get's sent home. The shift to singles and black vs blue looks to have some drama as Jillian looked pissed!

I bet with our fave product placement ads, we could turn those into a drinking/eating game! Guess the order of the products, if you are wrong, you drink(some form of alcholol) or eat a bite size cupcake! :D

Tomato
02-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Bet you didn't really believe that would work. :lol:

Of course I did!! :^:

Daris needs a serius haircut. He looks like a sheep.

I felt sorry for Koli to have all those silly thoughts that he is not worthy of being on the ranch. Him saying that John has a family .... it's not some kind of achievement that would him deserve it more.

Sam is starting to look freaking AWESOME!!! He will have a body to die for by the end of the season!

Yeah, the witch is off the island - I was so HAPPY to see her go, I screamed when the weight showed she gained a pound.

Miggy was just GLOWING. She looked so beautiful last night, she now has the inner fire going at full blast.

I was so happy that Stephanie got to stay, I would hate to see her go.
I don't care much for ONeal. I actually did not see much of the first hour (I was on the phone with BF so I turned the sound off).

By the way, TBL will be on next Tuesday but after the Olympics - at least that was my understanding.

ddc
02-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Ha Tomato, when Sam got on the scale, my 10 yr old daughter said "he's pretty" :)

Tomato
02-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I, too, was thinking what's with all that Melissa MORGAN? Since when do people provide their last names on the show?
I still believe she should have never been on the show in the first place. At 233, she was not that heavy. The spot would should have gone to somebody much heavier.

Torister
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Glad I wasn't the only one saying "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!" when Melissa, you know Melissa MORGAN (wth is up with that?) went home. :carrot: Am I the only one who felt kind of bad for Lance when she begged everyone to NOT let him come home until he is down to at least 250? Then she went on about the probs his weight was causing "them". That gal needs a slap! <raising hand to volunteer!!>

Sam is looking GOOD! Koli needs a pick me up...BAD! C'mon dude..you can do this! Darris is just a cutie waiting to be unveiled...seeing him emerge week after week. Love it! Miggy was just glowing last night! She looked wonderful! I loved her very real reaction to getting into the 100s. I am thinking she had to have been feeling lousy for a while now.

Two weeks? Yikes...whatever will I do without my BL??? :dizzy:

babygrant
02-10-2010, 11:44 AM

YES YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!

No no no no noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I hate the olympics. Boo to the olympics, yay to biggest loser!

Miggy has beautiful cheekbones.

She looked gorgeous and SO SO SO very happy in yesterdays show. :D

Glad I wasn't the only one saying "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!" when Melissa, you know Melissa MORGAN (wth is up with that?) went home. :carrot:

I yelled out "YEEEEES!" and DH looked at me like I was crazy. HA!

Ilene
02-10-2010, 12:35 PM
DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!Hilarious :rofl: Melissa MORGAN does look good now though :yes:

Daris does look like a sheep :lol:

I think it's a great idea to have the two lowest % of weightloss do a challenge, it seems fairer than a vote... IMHO...

babygrant
02-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I think it's a great idea to have the two lowest % of weightloss do a challenge, it seems fairer than a vote... IMHO...

But look at Darrell and his poor knees. He has had knee problems since the beginning. I weigh a lot less than him and no way I could do a squat for 6 minutes plus.......ok well maybe for $250,000 I could ;)

I think Bob and Jillian should be the ones to vote out the people. They are the ones who see how hard they are working. Don't try your hardest, buh bye.

Jldsgirl
02-10-2010, 01:37 PM
I laughed so hard when I saw Melissa "MORGAN" (LOL) had gained a pound that my husband come into the bedroom and said " I thought you were watching biggest loser, whats so funny?" lol that totally made my day. I cant wait til the next episode, bob and Jillian seemed really pissed about the way the teams were split so I cant wait to see how screwed up it is and by whom.

Ilene
02-10-2010, 01:56 PM
But look at Darrell and his poor knees. He has had knee problems since the beginning. I weigh a lot less than him and no way I could do a squat for 6 minutes plus.......ok well maybe for $250,000 I could ;)

I think Bob and Jillian should be the ones to vote out the people. They are the ones who see how hard they are working. Don't try your hardest, buh bye.I just thought it was a «better» idea than voting, the best idea would be to let the person with the lowest % go period...

saef
02-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Melissa MORGAN's weight gain is what I'm puzzling over today. Aside from viewers' prayers being answered, what happened? She is such a planner & plotter, I can't believe this wasn't part of some scheme.

1) Did she eat badly while she was in Colorado?

2) Did she sabotage herself deliberately to get out from under uncomfortably close scrutiny at the ranch by peers & trainers?

3) Did the producers pressure her a little, because she'd be such an unappealing winner, and Helen's winning season has taught the producers what it's like to have an unappealing or controversial winner?

Even when she behaves fairly nicely, I can't help remembering how she behaved during Miggy & Migdalia's weigh-in. As Miggy becomes more likable & softer, Melissa's behavior seems even more churlish in retrospect.

Her looks don't help her garner any sympathy from me. She has a hard, set jaw, has that severe, center-parted hair, has tweezed her eyebrows far too much, and has a grating laugh & voice.

Sometimes I wonder if her and Lance's marriage will survive this show. Lance seems upset to lose his wife, but maybe some strength & inner resolve & genuine niceness will stir within him during her absence, which isn't allowed to show when she's constantly monitoring & admonishing & criticizing him.

Aclai4067
02-10-2010, 02:20 PM
I didn't realize that Helen was an unappealing or controversial winner

parkedout
02-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Melissa MORGAN's weight gain is what I'm puzzling over today. Aside from viewers' prayers being answered, what happened? She is such a planner & plotter, I can't believe this wasn't part of some scheme.

I thought the SAME thing! The first thing that came to my mind was that she was trying to 'prove' that those two weeks where they had immunity wasn't really game play.

:?:

Who knows? Who cares!?! I am just glad she's gone...:carrot:

ennay
02-10-2010, 02:24 PM
I like the concept of a challenge instead of a vote. I wish it was like that everyweek except for the to be continued part.

MindiV
02-10-2010, 02:36 PM
I know there were some weeks when I was losing and working my TAIL off, eating right, etc., that I didn't lose a pound, or even gained weight. Maybe, just maybe, Melissa didn't intend to send herself home?

Maybe it's just me...but I have really zero interest in anyone left on the show. Melissa was mean, but interesting. Gave me something to talk about and be upset over. I can't even tell you the names of the other contestants...

May be the last season of TBL for me. I find myself fast-forwarding through all but the challenges, weigh-in and vote, sorta like I've started doing with Survivor.

parkedout
02-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I like Stephanie... And I am interested in how Lance will act without his conscience there. He may come out of his shell just like Miggy did after Migdalia went home!:)

saef
02-10-2010, 03:42 PM
I didn't realize that Helen was an unappealing or controversial winner

The controversy was over whether Helen had lost too much weight & gotten down into an unhealthy zone. There were a lot of discussions about this on various Web sites. At the time, there was not a lot of love for her in the air.

Thus far, I think the winner that the show's producers have liked best is Ally.
When I think of winners who've been used a lot to promote the show & who still get a lot of on-air face time, Ally seems like the one whom you see most often. Has anyone seen Helen doing many promotions, like Ally?

Tomato
02-10-2010, 03:47 PM

I kinda liked the challenge - I mean the idea of a challenge. Let's face it, no matter what physical activity contest they would somebody would be always at disadvantage (or would have advantage over the other person). An example - white team Michael at the challenge two weeks ago. \
I would think that the idea of holding the torch was planned before it was clear who will be the two members below the line.

Even when she behaves fairly nicely, I can't help remembering how she behaved during Miggy & Migdalia's weigh-in. ....
Her looks don't help her garner any sympathy from me. She has a hard, set jaw, has that severe, center-parted hair, has tweezed her eyebrows far too much, and has a grating laugh & voice.

She is not getting any sympathy from me either. She did look nice at 175 lbs but I don't care how Melissa MORGAN will look like at her goal weight (did she say 145?) Once a *****, always a *****.
I was actually thinking, when she was standing on the scale and Ali was telling her that unless she lost X lbs she will drop below the red line - did you notice what looks she was throwing at Ali? It was the proverbial "IF LOOKS COULD KILL" Ali would have been dead.

Another thought that I had (again, with no sympathy for Melissa MORGAN) was how TOM affects the weight. I am sure some women may have been eliminated only because they were premenstrual or menstruating and their weight went up. One thing guys don't have to worry about.

Kimphin
02-10-2010, 03:51 PM
The controversy was over whether Helen had lost too much weight & gotten down into an unhealthy zone. There were a lot of discussions about this on various Web sites. At the time, there was not a lot of love for her in the air.

Thus far, I think the winner that the show's producers have liked best is Ally.
When I think of winners who've been used a lot to promote the show & who still get a lot of on-air face time, Ally seems like the one whom you see most often. Has anyone seen Helen doing many promotions, like Ally?

I think you are correct. Helen hasn't done any promo's because she looked like a bobble head at the finale. Ali lost the weight and it looks right on her.

I think it is possible that Melissa MORGAN got caught in a bad week for going to individuals. She had allowed herself to lose weight last week, thinking that this week Lance would save them with his results. Maybe the Colorado trip put too many variables into play for her and she blew it.

Miggy, I apologize - I think that I misread her from the start (thanks to editing, I'm sure) she certainly has pulled through some stuff!

jlee10
02-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Sam is starting to look freaking AWESOME!!! He will have a body to die for by the end of the season.

I think so too!!! I was telling my friend he is good looking now, and when he gets the body at the end! Ahh, he can come visit me in Nebraska! haha.

RayStar
02-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I, too, was thinking what's with all that Melissa MORGAN? Since when do people provide their last names on the show?
I still believe she should have never been on the show in the first place. At 233, she was not that heavy. The spot would should have gone to somebody much heavier.

I agree she was not heavy enough to be on the show. I also think this was a game plan so she could go home to the kids. I think the plan is for Lance to be the biggest loser. That's why she did not lose on the ranch. This woman is a piece of work. Jillian was right to tell her she was a liar.
Last night's show was a doozy. People with attitudes like theirs should not go on reality shows.

discoloration
02-10-2010, 06:55 PM
I agree she was not heavy enough to be on the show. I also think this was a game plan so she could go home to the kids. I think the plan is for Lance to be the biggest loser. That's why she did not lose on the ranch. This woman is a piece of work. Jillian was right to tell her she was a liar.
Last night's show was a doozy. People with attitudes like theirs should not go on reality shows.

I have to agree with you! Her attitude just didn't sit right with me. It felt like all she had were excuses. I'm sure for some of her time at the ranch she worked hard, but she just seemed to cause drama. I personally glad she got kicked off this week without a vote.

trekkiegirl
02-10-2010, 07:30 PM
You guys have got to see the bonus videos for Week 6 at the NBC site. Melissa tells Ashley she didn't watch her calories at all while they were away. Then she stands up on that scale and says she doesn't know what went wrong??? :nose: Then, while she's still on the scale she goes into this whole long thing about how Miggy had been nasty to her supposedly out of jealousy over her or her education but then Miggy got hospitalized and Melissa prayed for her to find peace and she came back to the ranch more peaceful...basically, Melissa made it sound like she was an instrument of the Lord and that maybe her purpose there was to help Miggy.

jmfan317
02-10-2010, 08:37 PM
She a complete liar I don't know how I gained a pound watever u know u didn't keep track of ur cals at all the whole time u were gone that is ur fault.

hhichick
02-10-2010, 09:32 PM
I think Melissa threw the weigh in. Again. Their plan has always been that Lance would be the one to stay - she just doesn't have that much to lose to actually be a competitor for the big bucks. They broke up the couples so she could no longer help him on their team by continuing to manipulate her weight loss. Her taking up the bottom spot kept him from automatically being sent home and reduced the chance that he'd fall below the yellow line.

And, her being gone could only make folks like Lance more in future weeks.

I loved seeing the "new" Miggy this week - smiles and emotion, she even did her hair! And Sam is going to be smokin' hot by the end of the season!

tammygirl
02-10-2010, 09:48 PM
I have a feeling that hhichick is right...and I think that their plan is for Lance to win the BL and for Melissa to win the at home version. She did look great in the follow-up they did on her....she is still the most annoying player. ever.

Violet73
02-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Oh gosh..if that is their plan I hope it backfires on them. When she said that she wanted all of them to support Lance cause he needs it...I didn't think they looked too excited about supporting him! LOL! She did look great but I really hope Stephanie wins something.....she is absolutely gorgeous now.

trekkiegirl
02-10-2010, 10:52 PM
BTW, the show is off for 3 weeks. It's posted on the NBC board that the next episode airs March 2.

OrganizedChaos
02-10-2010, 11:04 PM
BTW, the show is off for 3 weeks. It's posted on the NBC board that the next episode airs March 2.

NOOOOOOO! This is going to be a long 3 weeks!

Violet73
02-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Guess we can watch Celebrity Fit Club on VH1 in the meantime :D

Ilene
02-11-2010, 12:15 AM
BTW, the show is off for 3 weeks. It's posted on the NBC board that the next episode airs March 2.:tantrum:

weebleswobble
02-11-2010, 01:28 AM
There are reruns of old seasons on FLN.

Violin Jenn
02-11-2010, 10:46 AM
:tantrum:

I'll join you in the tantrum Ilene! :tantrum: It's going to be a looong 3 weeks!

Tomato
02-11-2010, 12:56 PM
I'll join you in the tantrum Ilene! :tantrum: It's going to be a looong 3 weeks!

Add me to the club - I will miss the show.

Cali Doll
02-11-2010, 03:16 PM
And Sam is going to be smokin' hot by the end of the season!

Going to be?? He already is! :o

Skittlez
02-12-2010, 01:37 PM
I haven't seen the most recent episode yet (watching on hulu :-P) but the green team really made me mad. Migdalia was just a major B >.> When they were up on the chopping block and she wouldn't even share with people why she wanted to go home I wanted to slap her soooo bad lol. But even in the episode where she had the surgery I liked Miggy more. Maybe they just don't play well together lol, I have family members like that who just rub me the wrong way and make me cranky. I love my Mom but sometimes I get so fed up with her, you know?

Glad to see the red witch went home finally. She plays way too many games, even for a game show. I'm not sure she was honest about anything really. I feel sorry for her husband, it's pretty obvious who wears the pants in that family. I'm surprised she even lets him wear any, period. >.>

Oh and the product placements are so painfully obvious and annoying. Hey guys, did you know that walgreens sells health stuff? Or that ziploc bags are good for storing stuff? I didn't! I'm so glad I watched TBL and now I know!

gatorgirl6
02-12-2010, 02:03 PM
I know that I have read on this website that some people lose weight in a 'whoosh' like fashion. They see no weightloss for a while and then bam! Is there any way that is what is happening to mellisa. Im not saying that I like her, or that there wasnt game play, but maybe her body does deal differently too. Could this be possible?

MindiV
02-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I know that I have read on this website that some people lose weight in a 'whoosh' like fashion. They see no weightloss for a while and then bam! Is there any way that is what is happening to mellisa. Im not saying that I like her, or that there wasnt game play, but maybe her body does deal differently too. Could this be possible?

Possible? Yes, I think so. It happens to people on this board every day...happened to me a bunch of times. There were entire MONTHS where I didn't lose weight...three weeks with nothing, then 4-5 pounds in a single week.

weebleswobble
02-12-2010, 04:56 PM
she was cheating though. "I had a pancake, I didn't count calories"

and they weren't working out as much...

If she was getting sodium, it's altogether possible that she actually gained weight.

FitGirlyGirl
02-13-2010, 03:22 PM
I am so glad that @*^! is gone! I think the fact that she did lose weight so successfully at home is just more proof that she was lying and playing games the whole time at the ranch. If she was having so many problems there then her problems should have been even worse at home. She's full of sh*t. I am love love loving Miggy these days and she looked so gorgeous at this last weigh in. She's still not my top favorite - I have a 4 way tie going for that one with Sam, Koli, Stephanie, and Michael. My favorite part of this last show was when they were with the para-olympic skier (I've forgotten her name), the look on Jillian's face - she looked like she was in awe. So many people are in awe of Jillian, so to see her look at someone else that way really touched me. I am so frustrated at having to wait weeks for the next show and not even knowing who is going home, grrrrrrr!

Violin Jenn
02-13-2010, 06:23 PM
My favorite part of this last show was when they were with the para-olympic skier (I've forgotten her name), the look on Jillian's face - she looked like she was in awe. So many people are in awe of Jillian, so to see her look at someone else that way really touched me. I am so frustrated at having to wait weeks for the next show and not even knowing who is going home, grrrrrrr!

That was my favorite moment too! That look on Jillian's face with the para-olympic skier was one of the more priceless moments. :)

Violin Jenn
02-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Guess we can watch Celebrity Fit Club on VH1 in the meantime :D

What day is that on?

Violet73
02-14-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm not really sure but I think it started last week and it may be on the same night as BL....which would be great for the next two weeks while we cant watch BL. I'm sure VH1 will show reruns constantly though at other times ;)

trekkiegirl
02-15-2010, 12:08 AM
It was kind of funny they didn't have as many product placements in the show last week as they ussually do. But, then again, it did feel like one long commercial for the Olympics!

I was watching bits and pieces of it again tonight and Melissa made so many BS comments after she got eliminated it was almost funny. At one point she says she thinks if anyone's going to go home, it should be her because she is closer to goal weight. It's meaningless and disingenuous to say that knowing you're going home...had she been just under the yellow line and not red, she never would have made that remark and would have begged to stay there.

If you look closely at the preview for the next show, you can tell who's going home, since you can see which side of the bar the person who loses balance is on (assuming they're not showing the winner's side after it's over).

Something about Stephanie just seems cold to me. I dunno. She's not been nasty or snarky or anything. I'm just not really warming up to her.

I wonder if the person choosing teams gives all the guys to Bob and all the girls to Jillian? Bob himself sort of did that in Season 5 when he picked the biggest guys and one of them was a package deal with his mom.

loriehohlf
02-15-2010, 12:44 AM
I wonder if the person choosing teams gives all the guys to Bob and all the girls to Jillian? Bob himself sort of did that in Season 5 when he picked the biggest guys and one of them was a package deal with his mom.

I had the same thought. It's gonna be interesting to see what actually happens.

ciecie
02-16-2010, 10:23 PM
i'm suffering from bl withdrawl! had hoped that melissa would be on the today show today. maybe she'll be on two weeks from today. :D

Ilene
02-16-2010, 10:47 PM
i'm suffering from bl withdrawl! had hoped that melissa would be on the today show today. maybe she'll be on two weeks from today. :D

You got the shakes yet? :lol:

ciecie
02-16-2010, 10:48 PM
almost-roflmao!

Ilene
02-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Haved a drink instead :cheers:

VernDern
02-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Is TBL not going to be on since the Olympics is on? Im sad that I didnt see it on the guide tonight!

VernDern
02-16-2010, 11:50 PM
haha....Seriously just as I posted that a commercial came on and answered my question! Tuesdays....AFTER the Olympics. =( Stupid NBC.

OrganizedChaos
02-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Suffering Withdrawals here too. The new season of Ruby on the style channel started on Sunday so at least I had that to watch.

Tomato
02-17-2010, 02:36 PM
That was a lousy evening last night. I got my cardio done as soon as I got home from work (even though I was a bit hungry) and after I showered and ate, I looked forward to settling down and reading the new issue of Men's Health that was in the mailbox until the TBL starts. Only at about 10 to 8 I realized that there would be no Biggest Loser - I felt terrible! I looked forward to it and then nothin'! That's not fair!

ciecie
02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
i'm going to count the days until bl is back on. :D

Violin Jenn
02-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Withdrawls here too! :( I've taken to watching BL Australia season 1 on YouTube. How sad am I?

jmfan317
02-19-2010, 02:56 PM
What day is that on?

Its on Monday nites

izzysmom
02-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Can't believe it's not on again this week, I live for that show!!!:dizzy:

Violin Jenn
02-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Televising the Olympics for the whole 14days is a bit annoying to me. One week of it would do just fine. But two weeks without Biggest Loser or any new episodes of my other shows is just killing me especially since it's winter and I can't get outdoors. :tantrum: :censored:I've even thought of looking into buying a season of the biggest loser(if it's on dvd) just so I can get my fix! LOL...How sad am I??! :yikes:

Bonus though it means I can get in extra cardio! After my 40 minute daily beating via Bob and Jillian DVD's for this week I'm going to try to add either a 15 min or 30 min Leslie Sansone WATP. :exercise::running: It's not like there is anything good to watch anyway.:snooty:

Thanks for listening!

lora m
02-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Withdrawls here too! :( I've taken to watching BL Australia season 1 on YouTube. How sad am I?

As sad as I am. I haven't seen 1 ye,t but I watched the whole of season 4 for the Australian version. Admittedly I skipped some bits, but still... :D
Now I want the US one to resume again or I'll have to start.watching something else! Season 5 Aus is currently screening, that's also in the fairly early stages but they have many more episodes.

maisiedotes
02-26-2010, 12:53 AM
Well, speaking of product placement, I am sitting here chewing my Extra sugar free gum. ughhhhh. KIDDING. The product placements make me batty too.

I have to figure out who Sam is that you guys are talking about.. I think Daris is going to be cute. If he cuts that mop. haha! I like the orange team alot. They have no attitude, there is no controversy surrounding them... by the way our cable company has BL "on demand". I don't know if they all do.. it is this season's but I still find it motivating even if it is an episode I just saw.

ETA: Ohhh- Sam and Koli! I loved that tongan guy from last season.. I forget his name. The lighter skinned one. yummy.

Violin Jenn
02-26-2010, 09:51 PM
As sad as I am. I haven't seen 1 ye,t but I watched the whole of season 4 for the Australian version. Admittedly I skipped some bits, but still... :D

Well I just started to watch Season 2 of BL Aus! And OMG! Bob, Jill, Michelle and Shannan! Bob and Shannan! Come to Mama! :drool: Sooo much eye candy! LOL! Jill and Michelle are great together I think. Very alike, though Michelle needs to toughen up a bit.

maisiedotes
02-27-2010, 12:03 AM
What are everyone's feelings on Kim the old trainer? i was not a fan of hers. I have one of the workout DVDs and she is on it. She just came across as very immature on one of the seasons she was on. I love Bob and Jillian though.

jmfan317
02-27-2010, 03:31 PM
What are everyone's feelings on Kim the old trainer? i was not a fan of hers. I have one of the workout DVDs and she is on it. She just came across as very immature on one of the seasons she was on. I love Bob and Jillian though.

I was okay w/ her. Whatever happened 2 her? She was only on 1 season then she was gone? I can't wait til nxt wks BL it has been 4ever.

Violin Jenn
02-27-2010, 11:31 PM

Kim got on my last nerve! Drove me nuts!! She acted like she was playing the game and game play. She should have been an impartial trainer. She could advise as to so and so needs to be here because they are still the teams biggest loser and will help the team stay above the yellow line. I was glad to see her go.

Season three it was that she joined. That was like the sad season for me. As if Bob and Jillian divorced and they trotted out the new "wife". Season Four however with Kim still there with Bob, Jill rejoined the show in secret to train the new Black team. It was great! Like Bob and Jill "reconciled" for the "kids" and then Jill proceded to "educate" Kim on how it's done on the BL!

Catsgetnhealthy
02-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Now I want the US one to resume again or I'll have to start.watching something else! Season 5 Aus is currently screening, that's also in the fairly early stages but they have many more episodes.

Where are you watching the Australian version? I loved the one Australian season I saw and would love to see more seasons!!!

maryshady
03-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Kelly-I feel the same way. This season is boring. I do like most of the players left but for me there is no one who stands out (say like Tara, Michelle, or Alli) that I am really rooting for.

I didn't like Kim either. I thought she was way to perky and just really annoying. I think most people felt that way and that is why she didn't last. She is on one of the BL workout dvd's that I have. I won't do the part where she is the trainer. lol!!

Ilene
03-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Tonight's the night girls :woohoo:

momof5k
03-02-2010, 03:21 PM

:woohoo: I can't believe they've been holding that squat for two weeks ;) :p

Tomato
03-02-2010, 03:23 PM

Grrrreat! I was almost afraid to look here in fear that the show is off for another odd reason. I see no reason to interrupt the regular shows for the Olympics. I would be seriously annoyed if there was no TBL tonight.

WardHog
03-02-2010, 03:24 PM
It's been so long that I can't even remember what's happening.

OrganizedChaos
03-02-2010, 03:54 PM
It almost feels like the start of a whole new season. I have to go refresh my memory on the contestants.

JackiG
03-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Great, can't wait to watch it!

gatorgirl6
03-02-2010, 09:02 PM
It's Back!!!!

RayStar
03-02-2010, 09:11 PM
I hate the tears. He should do fine at home.

Mercy03
03-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Is it my imagination. or has Michael lost 50 IQ points in the last 2 weeks:D

Tomato
03-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I love when Jillian throws the F word around. :-)

Tomato
03-02-2010, 10:43 PM
WOOHOO Ashley!!! You go girl!!!!!

Cali Doll
03-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm so bummed that Miggy is gone. Stupid Lance! UGH! I wish he could have voted for himself. lol!

I'm not so sure there aren't a lot of hypocrites on that ranch. I kind of agree with Michael when he said, "What? Am I supposed to make the teams FAIR or something?". I can't blame the dude, really. ...I am especially irritated with the girl who did the challenge with him (going blank on her name)... I am curious if she played the cookie game just to make the teams FAIR?? Doubtful!

RayStar
03-02-2010, 11:08 PM
I wanted Lance gone also. He and his wife are negative people IMO. Miggy was so much more friendlier without her daughter.

gardend1va
03-03-2010, 03:02 AM
Why is there always a full moon at the ranch? Is it in some otherworldly place that never has any other moon phases?

Violet73
03-03-2010, 09:01 AM
I understand what Michael did but he sure put a big "X" on his forehead! He is already the largest guy and now he set up the teams like this? I was SO rooting for the black team and I am SO glad they won last night! Doesn't he realize that Jillian will make sure they lose tons of weight?! Oh well...I always love rooting for the underdog anyway.

Tomato
03-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Cali,
I am with you - I was so hoping for Mr. Melissa MORGAN to be voted off the island! I hated to see Miggy gone. She looks pretty good at 179 lbs but she hopefully she will continue losing. I had no idea she was engaged, my best wishes to her.

I understand what Michael did but he sure put a big "X" on his forehead! He is already the largest guy and now he set up the teams like this? I was SO rooting for the black team and I am SO glad they won last night! Doesn't he realize that Jillian will make sure they lose tons of weight?! Oh well...I always love rooting for the underdog anyway.

Yeap, me too. Even though I kept my fingers crossed for Miggy, my heart went to the black team immediately. Stephanie and especially Ashley did awesome. I was completely emotional to see Ashley drop 10 pounds.
Michael - grrrrrrrrr - what the F was he thinking? Well, I never liked him anyway. I had a feeling, when it came to the voting, that the blue team will become an "old boys club". I can't remember who is the other female on the team but I am willing to bet my last shirt she will be gone the next time the blue team loses. The boys will stick together.

I missed the first 25 minutes as I was at the gym - can somebody tell me why O'Neal was not a member of any team? Was it because one team would have more members and he is supposed to join the team who loses a person?

And by the way, nobody mentioned that Sam looks hot, so I have to say it yet again. :D:drool:

OrganizedChaos
03-03-2010, 11:11 AM
I hated to see Darrel go home. I didn't want the Orange team Mom to leave either, but I felt bad for Darrel especially when he said good-bye to his daughter. I know that had to kill him. I was thrilled to see how good he is doing at home though.

Well, Michael certainly did a number on them last night. I don't agree with his tactics but at least he didn't lie about it and say he was trying to be fair. He was up front with Jillian and Bob that he was looking out for himself. Still don't think it was the best move, but who knows how BL will shake it up in the coming weeks. I was thrilled to see the black team win and how about Ashley pulling a 10 pound loss. I was very happy for her.

Personally I was not sad to see Miggy go. She stressed me out watching her stress out.

I am glad to have BL back. It helps keep me motivated. I ran on my elliptical during the show and got a good work out in.

saef
03-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Stephanie for the win. She works hard. She has the right attitude toward her participation & her workouts & her bouts with the scale. She keeps saying such sensible things, I can't believe she's a reality show contestant.

As an alternative, Sunshine, though I still don't know her well enough and she is somewhat overshadowed by being her Daddy's girl.

The two-week hiatus wasn't good for my relations with this show, which I like, but don't love, and don't feel as invested in as I did a few seasons ago. I always start watching a little late anyway, because my yoga class precedes it, and last night I found out that I was willing to miss several minutes at a time, leaving the room & getting stuff done around my apartment.

babygrant
03-03-2010, 12:14 PM
I had a feeling, when it came to the voting, that the blue team will become an "old boys club". I can't remember who is the other female on the team but I am willing to bet my last shirt she will be gone the next time the blue team loses. The boys will stick together.

I missed the first 25 minutes as I was at the gym - can somebody tell me why O'Neal was not a member of any team? Was it because one team would have more members and he is supposed to join the team who loses a person?

So because there was one extra player, whoever lost a team member, O'Neil will join that team, so now he's on the blue team.

That being said, it's Sunshine on the "old boys club" team. With O'Neal now being on that team, I think they are going to have a hard time getting rid of her. I think he would lay his life on the line to save his daughter.

I don't like Michael. He always says how he always looks out for others, not himself, blah blah blah and he thought he'd be a hero when he gave O'Neal the immunity...but really he did HIMSELF a favour by placing himself on the team with the larger stronger players. Thankfully it never helped him out during the weigh in. I wish he would've got voted off.

My vote is still for Stephanie. She works her tail off and she has such a positive attitude. I loved a few weeks ago when Sunshine first came to the ranch and she was cheering her on when they were on the treadmill. That was great!

Ilene
03-03-2010, 12:34 PM
:cry: I couldn't watch it last night :cry:

We have no TIVO nothing!! I don't think I can watch it online because I am in Canada... But I will def try tonight!!

Aclai4067
03-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Ilene- if the NBC site blocks you out, try hulu. I think that should work

I thought it was interesting that Michael put so much strategy into who is on his team but then chose to train with Bob. Just looking at seasons past, like her or not, I'd want to train with Jillian.

Mercy03
03-03-2010, 12:54 PM
So because there was one extra player, whoever lost a team member, O'Neil will join that team, so now he's on the blue team.

That being said, it's Sunshine on the "old boys club" team. With O'Neal now being on that team, I think they are going to have a hard time getting rid of her. I think he would lay his life on the line to save his daughter.

I don't like Michael. He always says how he always looks out for others, not himself, blah blah blah and he thought he'd be a hero when he gave O'Neal the immunity...but really he did HIMSELF a favour by placing himself on the team with the larger stronger players. Thankfully it never helped him out during the weigh in. I wish he would've got voted off.

My vote is still for Stephanie. She works her tail off and she has such a positive attitude. I loved a few weeks ago when Sunshine first came to the ranch and she was cheering her on when they were on the treadmill. That was great!

I agree with you a 100 percent.:D Also, I think Stephanie is going to surprise some people and win it all. She has the determination and drive that some others seem to lack, plus she is slowly pulling in some great numbers. I think she is the one to watch.

Aclai4067
03-03-2010, 01:21 PM
I'd like to see Stephanie win, but I think having less to lose will start to hurt her chances towards the end. I'd also like to see Ashley win, and she has far enough to go still that she has a better chance of making it.

Violin Jenn
03-03-2010, 01:22 PM
I agree with you ladies 100%, Steph has a good chance at winning, she's flying right under the radar.

Michael-That was the stupidest thing to do! First, he just put a big X on himself. Second, Jill has trained the underdogs/rejects before with amazing success. Season Four! The finale was ALL Black Team and the at home winner was Black Team! She is NOT going to let them forget that he thought they were the weaker ones. Not sure who mentioned on the show, but the Blue team has one major disadvantage, to beat Black team, they have to lose large numbers, ALL of them every week. Eventually their bodies are going to stop and say "whoa!". Michael also has a history of slacking off when he feels safe. We'll see.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seeing Miggy go home was sad, but I was glad to see she's doing well and has Nicole from Season 7 helping her. Nicole's been there and will be a great help to her.:)

I was soooo proud of Black team and Ashley for their success! Ashley was due for that 10lb loss and no doubt it's going to motivate her going forward.
Team Jillian all the way!:cheer::cheer:

Nella
03-03-2010, 02:23 PM
I have been waiting to see a big number from Ashley. She has a lot to lose, and should have been getting bigger numbers all long. That said, I think the black team is going to kick butt. They are so motivated to prove they are not the "crappy" team. I'm really surprised that Michael didn't think Sam was worth putting on his "dream team" and picked Miggy instead. (p.s. - Sam is gonna be HOT!!!!!)

I'd love for Stephanie to win. She is so cute and so sweet.

maryshady
03-03-2010, 02:41 PM
I really like Michael but I think he did a stupid things but who knows what we would all do in that situation. I certainly wouldn't want my fate in someone else's hands.

All in all I am so glad it is back to teams. I can't stand couples format.

gatorgirl6
03-03-2010, 03:46 PM
It does seem to be a disadvantage to be a girl on a male majority team. The girls will be sent home before they guys. Just look at how it played out last night. Lance put up the smallest percent (which is what matters most) and still Miggy went home. Even with Daddy on her team, I don't see Sunshine making it through too many eliminations if the blue team loses.

gardend1va
03-03-2010, 04:26 PM
I don't understand why contestants get all freaked out about not "having control" and enter into these temptation challenges. If you lose, you've just hurt yourself caloriewise, and if you win, along with the "control", you get a huge target on your back. If I were there, I would just keep my head down, work hard, and not get all involved in the gameplay. Who cares what team you're on, what color shirt you're wearing, or who's training you...just shut up, work hard, lose the weight and you'll never have to worry about that other stuff.

FitGirlyGirl
03-03-2010, 05:45 PM
There is no way I would have played in that challenge. I should have seen it coming since there has been 1 Michael I have liked in my entire life. I wanted to slap him. I really did. I was so glad to see black team win. If he had really known what he was doing he would have put his stacked team with Jillian since Bob doesn't have the experience with underdog training that she does. I love Bob, but Jillian is the better trainer. I wish he hadn't been top loser for the blue team, I would have liked to see if they would have gotten rid of him. With his history of slacking off, he's not good for the team - combine that with animosity for splitting people up and they just might have. I would like to see Stephanie win too, but I think she is probably too small to make it. If she can't then I hope Ashley turns this week's large loss into a long streak and ends up the winner.

And I am definitely with Tomato - Sam is hot!!!

Amarantha2
03-03-2010, 07:03 PM
I don't think the trainer makes any real difference in how they do, that is just for show, in my opinion :) ... that said I thought Jillian was nicer to her team than she usually is and maybe that was motivating to them. I am glad they won but still don't think they have the weight loss heft to hold out indefinitely against the larger people.

I agree with a poster on this thread about if I were there, I wouldn't get involved in all this stuff, wouldn't try to win that "control" (and an automatic X from mad people lol) or play any games at all. I'd just keep my own counsel and lose weight and be friendly to all so they wouldn't hate me and get rid of me first chance.

maisiedotes
03-03-2010, 11:49 PM
ITA Gardendiva! You are darned if you do and darned if you don't... I would not want the control and there is no way I would eat 2 days worth of calories in one challenge. Well, not on the show anyways. :D

I have to confess, I think Darrell us a total HUNK. I have to go back and see who Stephanie is- I am not finding some of the contestants very memorable.

Ilene
03-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Ilene- if the NBC site blocks you out, try hulu. I think that should work

.Can't get it through Hulu either :(

Tomato
03-04-2010, 12:02 PM
I don't think the trainer makes any real difference in how they do, that is just for show, in my opinion :) ... that said I thought Jillian was nicer to her team than she usually is and maybe that was motivating to them. I am glad they won but still don't think they have the weight loss heft to hold out indefinitely against the larger people.

I don't know - I think I would lean towards the camp that thinks that the trainer does make a difference, or, CAN make a difference. If you click with your trainer, you may move mountains. Look what happened in Season 5 - Ali won and she was definitely one of the smaller people in the group. I think she started at 234 lbs and lost somewhere around 48% of her body weight. And Mark, who was one of the larger people, lost to her.
It could have been just a coincidence, but Jillian was really buddy-buddy with her, and it became quite painfully apparent in the last one or two episodes where Kelly (the underdog) always seemed to be excluded from the cheering, hugging, and so on. (Or if not excluded than she got a lot less than Ali).

Hun.e.B
03-04-2010, 09:43 PM
I wasnt sad to see Miggy go at all. She got so much better after her daughter left but I really didnt like her attitude.

Why do these contestants get all upset about the teams? They could have played for the power and put them how they wanted them. And I'd be willing to bet they'd do the same thing. It happens every time, one team gets stacked supposedly better...and yet that supposed better team ends up losing. Remember when Bob stacked the team, and they ended up losing 3 in a row. Mike did what he thought he had to do, this is a game after all, its not a weightloss show its a game. If it were about the weightloss we wouldnt have an hour and a half of drama in a 2 hour show. If it were about weightloss they would have drawn rocks to pick teams....its about the drama. When you are playing a game you gotta do what you think is best for you.

What I was REALLY disappointed in was how Jillian reacted to it. I would have been so hurt if I were on her team, she clearly thinks they arent good enough to do it. She was so defeating with her little outburst. And yet they won. Still love Jillian but I expected more from her.

I think its almost better to be on the smaller team. The blue team has all these big people who have to lose ALOT of weight to get a decent percentage. The smaller team doesnt have to lose as much to get the percentage.

And I also dont think Mike thought those people were "weak" I think he saw them as the people who didnt have as much to lose and didnt think they could make numbers. They proved him wrong!

lora m
03-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Can't get it through Hulu either :(

Give http://realitytvfan.org/ a try. That's where I'm watching it from.

Sasil
03-04-2010, 10:49 PM
I recorded the show and just finished watching it today. I was so glad to see Miggy go...I didn't like her attitude even though it got better once her daughter left...it was still there..and I didn't like it.

Lance needs to leave too...and Michael..he annoys me. I am sooo cheering on the black team...I was sooo happy for their win!

lora m
03-05-2010, 08:02 AM
I liked Miggy and I found her one of the more interesting competitors to watch. I was sorry to see her go and I hope she does well at home. I noticed that one of the eliminators (can't remember who) said they knew Miggy would get support at home. I don't know whether that was just an excuse or they were implying that Melissa would not support Lance, in spite of the fact that she is in the same situation. I guess her version of support might be nagging though and that rarely helps motivate anyone.

Besides that, I've gone off Michael a bit. I think he was genuinely upset when Miggy left because I think he likes to have a mother-figure around, but he doesn't seem bright enough to realise that you cannot control absolutely everything.

gardend1va
03-05-2010, 09:09 PM
I too found Miggy to be a very interesting character. She was very intuitive and insightful with her daughter, and seemed to know just what to say to her to get her to a "better place" after the meltdown with Jillian. But she seemed to hang out underneath a cloud of negativity of her own making. So, when she was sent home and began meditating and admitted she needed to be more positive, I almost yelled at the tv "you go girl!" I think the meditating, and focusing on removing the negative thinking in her life, is going to change her as a person more deeply than any of the other lifestyle changes she is doing.

QuilterInVA
03-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Miggy said on the show her fiance had lost 30+ pounds during the time she had been gone. They will support each other.

Violin Jenn
03-06-2010, 07:47 PM
While I was in Wal-mart today, I checked out those Lara bars that Jillian was endorsing. OMG! Yes they are clean with all natural ingrediants, but with 21grams of sugar! Natural or not, that's just too much!

trekkiegirl
03-07-2010, 03:58 PM
This show is beginning to give "The Biggest Loser Couples" new meaning. Sam & Stephanie are dating! :p

http://www.intouchweekly.com/2010/03/in_touch_exclusivethe_biggest.php#more

weebleswobble
03-07-2010, 04:03 PM
if I had 21 grams of sugar from a bar I would bounce off the walls! :)

ciecie
03-07-2010, 04:09 PM
i think that's wonderful that sam and stephanie are dating. :D

Violin Jenn
03-07-2010, 04:22 PM
This show is beginning to give "The Biggest Loser Couples" new meaning. Sam & Stephanie are dating! :p

Awww they're just so adorable!! I hope to find that kind of love someday, though I fear being doomed to life alone.:(

Ilene
03-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Aww they are so cute together...

Jenn :hug: don't be silly there is someone out there for everyone :yes:

Violin Jenn
03-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Aww they are so cute together...

Jenn :hug: don't be silly there is someone out there for everyone :yes:

Thanks Ilene!:hug: I needed that!

saef
03-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Awww. My favorite female contestant has gotten together with my favorite male contestant. I wish them the best.

gardend1va
03-09-2010, 02:30 AM
Awww that's awesome! They are my two favorites too. They both seem so mature and well-adjusted and have the right attitude about this show.

Aclai4067
03-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Haha, I was just thinking, "Sam's the only guy on a team full off girls, he's so gonna get a lady!"

So did she mis-speak when introducing the challenge? The trucks weighed 33 THOUSAND pounds?!?! That's unfathomable to me, maybe 3,300.

fatmad
03-09-2010, 10:25 PM
I loved Sam and Stephanie going to Subway for lunch together.
They are both so attractive and getting more so all the time.

stella1609
03-09-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm bummed black team lost :( Some of the smaller chicks put up some great numbers!

zinkemomx2
03-09-2010, 11:48 PM
So did she mis-speak when introducing the challenge? The trucks weighed 33 THOUSAND pounds?!?! That's unfathomable to me, maybe 3,300.

33,000 is correct.

jackie58
03-10-2010, 12:53 AM
I love that Sam and Stephanie are together, I was hoping they were a couple when I say them go to Subway together tonight.

gardend1va
03-10-2010, 03:12 AM
Did all the blond women including Allison dip their heads in a vat of yellow dye? Their hair all had this strange neon yellow color to it.

PS: Sam is officially a hottie now.

Tomato
03-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Guys,
I am SO devastated! I went to a hot yoga class last night and I FORGOT to set the DVD to record TBL. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I only realized on my to the class. :(

That's nice that Sam and Stephanie got together, but I am not sure if I am happy for them - I kinda wanted Sam for myself.
Just kidding. :D

Ilene
03-10-2010, 10:07 AM
I sure hope the curly blond haired boy stays long enough to get a make over... He is starting to get some serious cheeks bones... I was sorry to se his mom gone and sooo happy to see her getting in such great shape at home...She also needs a new do...

RayStar
03-10-2010, 11:48 AM
I was so sad to see Cheryl get voted out. She should do ok at home. Talk about hair color what about hair size?

Violin Jenn
03-10-2010, 01:47 PM
It was so sad to see the Black team lose. :( Cheryl will do great at home though, she seems to have found her fighting power. When Sam and Stephanie went to lunch at Subway I thought that was a better segway into one of those sponsor-mercials.

Is it me or is there a bit more viciousesness(sp) to this season's Black vs Blue? Blue team just seems to be out for the kill rather than healthy competition. I'm all for a highly competitive game, but they seem to be losing their heart and compassion. I'm starting to wonder if they are learning what Bob has to teach them.

Also with it being "work week" and the gym closing so early, I was suprised that there was no mention of not needing a gym to work out. I'm sure Jillian would have showed them plenty of bodyweight exercises to do on their own along with running the Presidential Mile.

gardend1va
03-10-2010, 05:16 PM
LOL RayStar, the hair! The hair! I agree with you that hair is out of control among these contestants this season. Between Darius' Sideshow Bob poodle mop and Mike's nuclear mushroom cloud of 'fro exploding above that headband of his, there are some serious hair issues going on with these folks. If they have a makeover episode this season, it can't come too soon.

ennay
03-10-2010, 09:07 PM
I sure hope the curly blond haired boy stays long enough to get a make over... He is starting to get some serious cheeks bones... I was sorry to se his mom gone and sooo happy to see her getting in such great shape at home...She also needs a new do...

THAT was exactly my thought. I so wanted both of them to stay for makeover week.

ennay
03-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Also with it being "work week" and the gym closing so early, I was suprised that there was no mention of not needing a gym to work out. I'm sure Jillian would have showed them plenty of bodyweight exercises to do on their own along with running the Presidential Mile.

I was surprised at that as well. I thought for sure there would be some contestants sneaking out at 5 am to walk or run. I know it was dark but I run in the dark all the time.

Michael was annoying me with his whining about "it being like jail". Does he hold a job in real life? He is one I dont think will maintain his weight loss at this point. He seems still so spoiled. Everything about him screams momma's spoiled boy. Of course she is doing well at home so maybe she'll keep him on track.

WardHog
03-10-2010, 10:08 PM
I for one was cracking up when they kept showing Michael snoring on the bus over and over. ;)

maisiedotes
03-10-2010, 10:32 PM
LOL RayStar, the hair! The hair! I agree with you that hair is out of control among these contestants this season. Between Darius' Sideshow Bob poodle mop and Mike's nuclear mushroom cloud of 'fro exploding above that headband of his, there are some serious hair issues going on with these folks. If they have a makeover episode this season, it can't come too soon.

HAAHA! I just spit water out my nose. That is freaking hilarious about Mike's nuclear mushroom cloud fro. :lol3:

I like Daris- I think he is so cute- but that hair has got to go. At least a trim.

gatorgirl6
03-10-2010, 10:41 PM
So today I went roller blading with a friend for over an hour. I had decided to call that my workout for the day. I got home and watched the biggest loser. I normally am not a fan of Lance, but I related when he talked about his 'electric fence'. For me, in the last year, 180 has been my electric fence. After the episode I went to the gym. Hopefully I can break through it soon (maybe even this week!).

fatmad
03-10-2010, 10:51 PM
ok, is it just me, or do most of the challenges seem unfair? they really advantage men, and stronger people in general. So the truck challenge was so unfair to the black team. They did an amazing job in the long run, and were helped by the inability of O'Neill to run to help his team.
This is my first season to watch, so these challenges seem grossly unfair.

Cali Doll
03-10-2010, 10:56 PM
I like Sunshine a lot but O'Neal is bugging me. I might just be cranky, but all the "Me and Sunshine" stuff makes me roll my eyes.

Even Sunshine was like, "Dude, chill out" when she walked in the door after last week's elimination. LOL!

I want him to go next. Sorry!

momof5k
03-11-2010, 02:28 AM
I thought that the challenge was unfair too....but the black team sure did make it a close one!

Oh the hair! Darus MUST make it to make over week! OMGoodness! He is so cute but the hair?

Micheal...I don't care. I really liked him in the beginning but not anymore.

Sam and Stephanie? How sweet! They'll be great together!

MindiV
03-11-2010, 09:05 AM
From a "playing the game" standpoint, the blue team should've voted Sunshine out when they lost since they knew they'd be getting O'Neal. That's two votes guaranteed the same against someone else when they lose again, no matter what.

I also thought the challenge was unfair, since what's-his-face basically split the teams into boys vs. girls for the most part. But what could they do? I'm sure the challenges were determined far in advance of the blue vs. black team decision.

Tomato
03-11-2010, 10:30 AM
ok, is it just me, or do most of the challenges seem unfair? they really advantage men, and stronger people in general. So the truck challenge was so unfair to the black team. They did an amazing job in the long run, and were helped by the inability of O'Neill to run to help his team.
This is my first season to watch, so these challenges seem grossly unfair.

I am with you on this, I thought that many times. I suppose the only excuse they (the producers) can have is that the challenges are pre-determined without them knowing how the contestants will be distributed between the two teams, but still, it's hard to think that they could not change things a bit to make it more fair.

OrganizedChaos
03-11-2010, 11:24 AM

That's so cool, I knew it! I have noticed from the beginning of the show how they seemed to gravitate towards each other.

mrsmoore
03-11-2010, 12:08 PM
I am so excited. However I hate how in the middle of the show they start advertising.

Violin Jenn
03-11-2010, 01:50 PM
I like Sunshine a lot but O'Neal is bugging me. I might just be cranky, but all the "Me and Sunshine" stuff makes me roll my eyes.

Even Sunshine was like, "Dude, chill out" when she walked in the door after last week's elimination. LOL!

I want him to go next. Sorry!

I completely agree Cali Doll. O'neal is getting on my nerves too. The best thing would have been to split them up. I've never liked Michael, too spoiled and I just don't see that he has the fight to do it on his own in the real world.

ennay
03-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I think some of the challenges are set up ahead of time but usually they start to even out as the producers see where the teams are going. In a week or two we should see a balance or dexterity competition or a hold up your body weight or weight lost.

And I do think they change the prizes based on how unfair the competition is. They wont offer immunity or big pound penalties when the competition is this unbalanced. Letters, phone calls, groceries, trips.

gardend1va
03-11-2010, 03:46 PM
What really got under my skin in the truck pulling competition was the huge amount of celebrating when the blue team won, especially watching Michael jump around. He hand-picked this ridiculously unfair team for himself, so it was disgusting to see him crowing and strutting around when it was over, as if he had much to do with the victory. Those guys "beat" a bunch of girls, middle-aged women, and one man. And it was pretty close. I sure hope they are proud.

trekkiegirl
03-11-2010, 06:20 PM
A while back, Jillian had mentioned on Facebook that one of the male contestant's brother had died and how devastated he was. It's O'Neal's brother who died.

lora m
03-11-2010, 07:49 PM
I wonder if the bereavement is the reason O'Neal has been coming across as quite emotionally fragile. But I don't know how far the episodes run behind real time. I'd guess there must be a bit of a lag because their 'week' is longer than a week, isn't it?

I too have been thinking that Daris and Mike must get to makeover week. I'd love to see how they look once they emerge from underneath the the mops.

I'm afraid my cynical side came out when I saw Stephanie helping Sam find lunch, it seemed so obviously scripted. Ahh how sweet, they bonded over a product placement opportunity!

Hun.e.B
03-13-2010, 10:32 PM
I didnt think the challenge was all that unfair, if it was it wouldnt have been so close, I wasnt sure blue was going to pull it out black was right on their heels.

PeanutsMom704
03-14-2010, 05:41 PM
I didnt think the challenge was all that unfair, if it was it wouldnt have been so close, I wasnt sure blue was going to pull it out black was right on their heels.

I agree, if it was all that unfair, then it should have been a blow out.

I happen to like the blue team and I don't think they are doing any more celebrating or trying any harder to win than the black team. It's a game and everyone there is playing, on both sides. The black team members had some great numbers and came very close to winning, except Sam and Stephanie. Hmmm, interesting that it was the 2 of them who came up short in the weigh in - a little distracted maybe? lol!

Hun.e.B
03-14-2010, 06:23 PM
I agree, if it was all that unfair, then it should have been a blow out.

I happen to like the blue team and I don't think they are doing any more celebrating or trying any harder to win than the black team. It's a game and everyone there is playing, on both sides. The black team members had some great numbers and came very close to winning, except Sam and Stephanie. Hmmm, interesting that it was the 2 of them who came up short in the weigh in - a little distracted maybe? lol!

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I'm partial to the blue team, I think cuz I love Bob and he really is the ultimate underdog on TBL. I get REALLY tired of hearing black team whine too, they are always right there with blue team, they've beaten blue team so I dont get why they are supposedly the weaker underdog team.

Sam and Stephanie are super cute together. Sams gonna end up all ripped like Marty was.

Tomato
03-16-2010, 10:25 AM
I am all excited to see tonight's TBL! I missed last week's so I have been having serious withdrawal symptoms. My BF is always annoyed (well, more or less as a joke really) because when TBL is on, I refuse to be on the phone with him Ihe doesn't watch TBL, if he did, I would not mind, we could "telephone-watch" together). :-)

Violin Jenn
03-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Can't wait for tonight's episode!!!!

What drama and trainer beatings will unfold this week!

Tomato
03-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Oh my God, the black team seems to be totally slacking during the last chance workout - I am afraid, I am VERY afraid! Gotta have a glass of wine.

gatorgirl6
03-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Wow! Sherry looks SO good! Cute outfit!

LaLaurie
03-16-2010, 11:25 PM
I am so inspired by Sherry!

izzysmom
03-17-2010, 01:35 AM
Sherry looks great. I'm totally inspired!!

amynbebes
03-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Sherry looks completely and utterly awesome.

OrganizedChaos
03-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Sherry does look awesome. Kudos to her for keeping it up at home. For already being pretty small she really had to put serious effort in to get down that far at home.

I was also super happy for Koli you could really see how much that inspired him and you can tell by the response from everyone he is very much loved in the house.

Sunshine really kicked butt too. However that big of a loss for her this week usually means the next week may be much smaller, so I am nervous for her.

Not sure what happened to black, I kind of felt like after the black team got the 5 pound advantage they seemed to slack off the intensity a little and maybe that showed up in the scale.

Violin Jenn
03-17-2010, 01:20 PM
First off, BL should have warned me I was going to need a box of Kleenex to watch!

The challanges being food info based were a great idea. The fact that they were struggling with info like that makes me scared they'll fall off the wagon at home. What was Black Team thinking! Remove skin from everything!

I was so happy for Koli! Hitting those two big goals! He is truly loved in that house. Sam's speech was so inspiring that he's got a great future as an motivational speaker! Between his speech and his and Jillians tears that did me in. I was crying right with em!

An extra 5lbs should have motivated Black Team to work harder! I do feel they slacked off a bit. Bob really killed his team at the Last Chance Workout though, I could have done without is whining about the 5lb disadvantage the Blue team had.

Sherry looks wonderful! So energetic and healthy! Hats off to her!

Though, O'Neal and Michael are still annoying me!

Tomato
03-17-2010, 02:55 PM
My impressions from last night:

I was truly happy to see Sherry voted off the island. I really did not like how she claimed, when it was decision time for the Black Team, that she needs to stay. Ashley needs to lose more desperately than Sherry and I know if I and my mom were on the show, my mom would give up everything for me. Even if I was not Ashley's size. That was I expected from Sherry, especially after the Dr. Jillian-induced counselling session with Ashley crying that she feels she needs to put her mother first all the time. Sherry's response to that was nice, but those were just words. Actions speak louder than words.

Ashley: I am starting to get annoyed by her. Her being so shocked by everything - "Oh my God only 30 minutes to cook the meals"; "Oh my God this"; "Oh my God that!!!". She strikes me as a very spoilt individual (contrary to what was said) who is unable to make decisions (and face consequences) on her own. A very weak personality.

I really really hoped that Michael would GAIN 1 pound and thus the Black Team would win. :^:

I almost fell off the couch at the end when they showed Sherry on the beach. I was EXTREMELY impressed. Great job, Sherry!!!

And what's up with Mr. Melissa MORGAN? The hair, ungroomed bear? Blech. So disgusting. Don't they have a barber (or access to one, here and there?)

What was Black Team thinking! Remove skin from everything!

In fact, I really had a problem with this 'slap on the wrist' from Curtis and I would have forgotten to comment if ViolinJenn had not mentioned it.
I NEVER remove skin from salmon. Personally, I prefer steaks to fillets (so typically when BF is here, we get one fillet for him and one steak for me) and I leave the skin on both. I see no reason to remove it - neither of us eats the skin and it holds the meat nicely together.

Edited to add:
Yes, I, too, thought that the Blacks relied too much on the 5 lbs advantage and it gave them a false sense of safety. The Blue Team pulled amazing numbers this weak.

maryshady
03-17-2010, 02:55 PM
I know most of you don't like Michael but I have to say Kudos to him for going thru that emotional trauma and turning to exercise instead of food. Personally that would have probably knocked me right off plan.

How do you really feel about the food challenge? The blue teams came in much lower caloric wise than the black team but the black team won? I was thinking maybe the results were skewed as to give the blue team 5 extra lbs to keep them in the competition.

One other observation in the older shows when a team was uneven (5 players vs. 6 players) did the top heavy team have to pick someone whose weight wouldn't count. Is it really fair to have 4 people vs. 6 people weigh in? I know its %'s but it still doesn't seem even to me.

MindiV
03-17-2010, 03:05 PM
I get bored with shows like this when it becomes one-sided....I have a feeling this one will be one-sided a lot from here on out, with blue winning more and more.

ennay
03-17-2010, 04:42 PM
How do you really feel about the food challenge? The blue teams came in much lower caloric wise than the black team but the black team won? I was thinking maybe the results were skewed as to give the blue team 5 extra lbs to keep them in the competition.

Oh yeah. See this is what I said last week. The producers are going to try to make it happen. I think no matter what black was going to win that challenge. If it hadnt been calories then the pork would have been too dry and they would have lost on something else.

It is starting to get to me that no one dares vote off Stephanie. The alliance with Sam is clearly too well understood and no one wants to piss off Sam. She had the lowest % 2 weeks in a row and not a single vote. Drea? Drea? Without Drea they would be getting their *** kicked even more than they are.

I dont have a problem with Sherry asking to stay. She knew her daughter was in no danger of elimination and that it was logically between her and Stephanie and strategically between her and Drea. Those were the only options. So yes, she had every right to fight to stay.

Logically I think Sherry was the right choice and I think it is awesome how well she has done at home.

parkedout
03-17-2010, 04:58 PM
I get bored with shows like this when it becomes one-sided....I have a feeling this one will be one-sided a lot from here on out, with blue winning more and more.

Agree here-- and with ennay about that 'black team win' which was obviously a fail.

Its going to go back to singles pretty darn quick!;)

MindiV
03-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Gosh I hope it goes to singles quick....they'll lose me 100% otherwise. It's too hard to fast forward through the show while I'm on an elliptical trainer!

Cali Doll
03-17-2010, 09:57 PM
I agree that Sherry looked amazing! ...and I cried so much during the show last night...I was extremely apathetic towards Sherry but her elimination and follow-up just made me weepy.

O'Neal still bugs.

Sam is still hot. More of him, please.

LitChick
03-17-2010, 11:35 PM
In fact, I really had a problem with this 'slap on the wrist' from Curtis and I would have forgotten to comment if ViolinJenn had not mentioned it.
I NEVER remove skin from salmon. Personally, I prefer steaks to fillets (so typically when BF is here, we get one fillet for him and one steak for me) and I leave the skin on both. I see no reason to remove it - neither of us eats the skin and it holds the meat nicely together.

That part bugged me, too and if they had lost the challenge over that, I would have been really ticked. I always leave the skin on my salmon fillets, but I never EAT it. Does anyone? If I had been participating in that challenge, it would never even have occurred to me to remove the skin before serving it. I guess I never order it in restaurants, so don't know how it's 'properly' served.

ringmaster
03-18-2010, 02:19 AM
That part bugged me, too and if they had lost the challenge over that, I would have been really ticked. I always leave the skin on my salmon fillets, but I never EAT it. Does anyone? If I had been participating in that challenge, it would never even have occurred to me to remove the skin before serving it. I guess I never order it in restaurants, so don't know how it's 'properly' served.

Yeah, I was surprised too, I was waiting for Curtis to say that it is a healthy fat. I usually look for it with the skin on. I've read cooking it with the skin on helps keep more of the omega 3s, and the grey stuff under the skin is where most of the EFAs are.

I was also surprised to see Jillian promoting milk... I remember when she did her radio show and in her Master Your Metabolism book she was all against the hormones in milk and said she would never drink it and recommended almond milk.

Passionista
03-18-2010, 03:09 AM
This is purely superficial, but I really do NOT like Sunshine's eyeshadow. She is so pretty but that eyeshadow! :no:

lukesmom
03-18-2010, 10:21 AM
I was really rooting for the black team. I thought they would make it with the 5# advantage...guess they did too. The blue team is sooo annoying, with all their "team work". Sorry to be negative, but it just seams so stacked...

lukesmom

LaLaurie
03-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Yeah, Michael made sure that it was stacked. When he stepped on the scale, I was hoping that he didn't lose anything, but when it showed 11 pounds, I found myself being happy for him. Like Sam (yes, HOT!) said, it's not about black or blue.

OrganizedChaos
03-18-2010, 12:19 PM
And what's up with Mr. Melissa MORGAN? The hair, ungroomed bear? Blech. So disgusting. Don't they have a barber (or access to one, here and there?)

I was thinking the same thing about a few of them. Darus's hair is out of control and so is Mike's But then I started thinking about previous shows and I think they do this on purpose until they get to makeover week, so their makeovers look even more incredible.

MindiV
03-18-2010, 02:10 PM
I was thinking the same thing about a few of them. Darus's hair is out of control and so is Mike's But then I started thinking about previous shows and I think they do this on purpose until they get to makeover week, so their makeovers look even more incredible.

I tend to agree....I think they want them looking as bad as possible before the makeovers. Especially the men, since (most times) there's not as much to DO with a guy during a makeover. Shave, haircut, clothes - that's it. With women it's in the clothes, the shoes, the hair, the makeup...more to do.

tammygirl
03-18-2010, 06:26 PM
My pick for the winner of TBL is Darius. He is really flying under the radar. I love Steph, but I think that she will be the next one voted off if the black team loses again. I am just so happy that Sam and Steph are together....they are both such nice people!! I cried last night with Koli...you can tell how much this opportunity means to him. Oh. And Michael. SHAVE YOUR HAIR!

Cali Doll
03-19-2010, 07:09 PM
This is purely superficial, but I really do NOT like Sunshine's eyeshadow. She is so pretty but that eyeshadow! :no:

Yeah, it looks like it's from the 70s...and not in a good way.

nicollem
03-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Ringmaster - it surprised me too but I also remember her saying that she is required to do endoresements so she picks the lesser of the evils.
Its funny though if you watched close, how she just puts it against her lips without drinking any--- great endoresement BL lol

kitkit
03-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Yayy tonight is new episode. Excited! :) I really commend sam, he's the one who's successful the whole time. I just feel bad that the way the show is weighing so when he gains muscles it's bad.. when in reality it's really good

kitkit
03-23-2010, 10:05 PM
I extremely dislike Lance and Melissa, I think they are doing it mostly for the money so they are just plain conniving.. ... I think Sam should win the 10,000 ... but on the other hand, so glad KOLI won the challenge!!!! YAY karma for lance! lol

Ilene
03-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Thank GOODNESS Lance did not win that money and Koli did... I hope he gains weight this week for eating so many cupcakes...I also hope he gets voted off!!!

:coach: OFF WITH HIS HEAD !!!!

saef
03-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Somehow, I had forgotten how very piercing & irritating Melissa MORGAN'S voice was, until I watched her antics & listened to her screaming while she was cheerleading for Lance during the marathon bike challenge. All I could think was: "Just shut up ... PLEASE ... Oh, NBC, please cut away quickly to the next contestant. Please. NOW!"

gardend1va
03-23-2010, 11:21 PM
I am so sick of hearing "I need to be here, it's a matter of life and death!" Like what, as soon as you walk off the ranch you'll be force-fed cannolis? Give me a break.

Tomato
03-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Black team - WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!
I am so happy they beat the blue team!

My heart missed a beat when they said that Lance had a chance to win the $$$ unless Koli got some cupcake minutes. Geez, I just can't stand the MORGAN family at all. (the Texan sun does not do Melissa any good, anybody noticed? LOL)

So happy for the black team - and Sam - oh my GOD! He is sexier than Brad Pitt.

Tomato
03-23-2010, 11:23 PM
I am so sick of hearing "I need to be here, it's a matter of life and death!" Like what, as soon as you walk off the ranch you'll be force-fed cannolis? Give me a break.

My thoughts exactly. He proved that he could take care himself off the ranch pretty good, so why the drama, Nuclear Hair?

saef
03-23-2010, 11:33 PM
I was happy for Stephanie when she just killed it on the scale.

And also for Sam, who's developing quite a physique.

I must say, the contestants do get abs on this show if they stay this long. Or the start of abs. Even under the loose skin, or when still partially obscured by fat, you can see their bellies tightening up & dividing & showing some definition.

babygrant
03-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Oh happy day! LOL. I'm sooooo thrilled with tonights outcome! I'm so glad Lance MORGAN is gone. Like another poster above, I forgot how annoying Melissa was until I watched tonights show and I just wanted to stuff cotton in my ears! I think they were totally on the show for the money.

Still rooting for ANY member of the black team. I like them all! Only ones I tolerate on the blue team except Koli and Daris.

Ilene
03-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Did anyone see the previews for next week?? Melissa MORGAN is baaaack :faint:

mizski
03-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Did anyone see the previews for next week?? Melissa MORGAN is baaaack :faint:

I noticed that. More backstabbing and conniving...and that voice. :rolleyes:

Violin Jenn
03-24-2010, 01:30 PM
My thoughts exactly. He proved that he could take care himself off the ranch pretty good, so why the drama, Nuclear Hair?

My thoughts exactly!! You both beat me to it!

WHOOOO HOOO!! Go Black Team! I loved seeing them not just win, but they KILLED IT on the scale!!!:goodscale:goodscale:goodscale Their confidence instantly shot up! The looks on the faces of Bob and the Blue Team were priceless!

Ashley! I'm so happy for her, she's been wanting those double digits for so long!!! Has anyone noticed how she smiles more now? The weightloss is really starting to show on her big time! She's beautiful! Ashley is my pick to win it all!

Good God! Melissa Morgan baaaack! NOOOO!!! But at least Lance didn't win the money! I'm happy it went to Koli, because he and Sam came into it with the right mind set.

PopcornGal
03-24-2010, 01:32 PM
I think several of the at home players come back for a chance at one of them to get on the ranch.

I think they are just using the promo of her coming back for that and saying she's back to get us viewers riled up. At least that is what I am hoping.

My choices to win are Stephanie and Derris.

Tomato
03-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Oh my God, Melissa MORGAN will be back?? :faint::yikes:
That's a plot on the producers side to increase America's blood pressure.

I am still hoping Sam will become the biggest loser this season.

For the first time, Daris the Sheep started to look quite nice. I really feel for him but I am not sure (had I been in his shoes) if I would say on national TV that I have never had girlfriend, never been kissed, etc. But that's just me.
He looked quite happy holding Randi's hand. I hope he finally got laid!! :yes:

babygrant
03-24-2010, 04:11 PM
He looked quite happy holding Randi's hand. I hope he finally got laid!! :yes:

HA! But I hope he does it because he wants to....not just so he can say he's no longer a virgin.

saef
03-24-2010, 04:40 PM
If Daris keeps going, he will undoubtedly get a lot of fan mail from ladies who'd be more than happy to Make Him a Man.

He sincerely broke my heart a little when he said, speaking of himself, that for girls, he just "wasn't an option." He was sexually null & void to them because of his weight.

That is awful.

Which is another reason why I want him to make it to Makeover Week, to get a haircut.

readytodoit
03-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Hey all... stumbled upon this forum... Hope you don't mind if I join in. I love BL and can't stand the MORGANS!!! Let's all just hope Melissa really isn't back. She started the game play way to early this season... I think Lance was there for the right reason, but Melissa was there only for the money... and Lance followed his wife. Love the black team and Jillian. She has always been my favorite trainer. Bob always goes to the guys.

Cali Doll
03-24-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm so glad Lance I-Ate-A-Days-Worth-Of-Calories-In Cupcakes MORGAN is gone!

...yay for Koli from taking the 10K! Whooohooo!!!!

SAM IS HOT! DARIS IS HOT, TOO! Love them both!

trekkiegirl
03-24-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm glad Lance is gone. I just hope neither he nor Melissa gets back in.

Cool to see Danny Cahill at home with Daris.

A few people have said to me they think Michael will be really good-looking when he slims down. I'm not seeing it. I do think Daris has it, though. I'm hoping to see him make it to at least makeover week and I think his appearance will probably be one of the more amazing ones at the finale. Kind of like Danny!

I thought it was kind of strange that there wasn't even one cupcake against Koli. He's a big, strong guy who puts up good numbers yet he manages to stay under the radar...his name hasn't been on an elimination card yet. I didn't think Michael would eliminate Lance, they seemed pretty tight.

I know people keep desperately saying how much they need to be there, life or death, etc. Heck, Bob & Jillian kept saying it about Shay last season. And Michael can be a real gameplayer. I don't think I want him to win but I don't want him to leave just yet either. At first, I wasn't sure if he was really just trying to play the game and not really learning anything about how to keep losing weight after the show. I do think he is learning things but I also think he could fairly easily slip back into old patterns, esp. given the situation with his grandmother. He's still quite obese and I can see him possibly losing motivation or giving up. And him eating the cupcakes really served no purpose, he gained nothing by it. He had to know that most of the others would do better on the bike than he would so it's not like he really thought he could win.

Tomato
03-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Too bad the show is only once a week, eh?
I think one episode should be on Tuesdays and another on Fridays. I would not mind. (They could stretch it into more episodes).

Hi, Readytodoit! :wave:

meowy
03-25-2010, 05:45 PM
I had to fast forward through scenes with the morgans, I couldn't stand it. I am very disappointed in the fact she sat at his knee and cheered, pushed, and backed him up on the cupcakes. Sure he could have been the better player in the house and said "No, now step off, woman!" Instead, for her.. why not be the voice of reason and tell him to win on his own merit, not win because he forced minutes on someone. Oh wait, that's right, that's just how they roll.

I thought that was the whole point of losing weight together was to guide each other, not lead each other down high calorie sneaky and stupid paths. They're idiots. They'll be re-fat in no time probably, if that's how they encourage each other.

ennay
03-28-2010, 02:38 AM
Finally got a chance to watch it today. Was anyone else kind of shocked that Drea cupcaked her own team?

MTA: ok just finished the "eliminated player" thing. He's still stupid. Riding a bike on a highway with no helmet on the wrong side of the road.

fatmad
03-30-2010, 10:17 PM
ack, Melissa is back. ANd are they trying to make Stephanie the bad guy to be *****ing about her being back?
I feel a bit manipulated.

Aclai4067
03-30-2010, 10:29 PM
I don't quite buy the whole Stephanie plotted to get Sherry voted off thing. That said, she has a bit of an attitude showing through this week that I don't care for. Sucks that Miggy's asthma got to her; I was really hoping she could catch up and win it!

edit- what i mean by the attitude was her whole "survival of the fittest" speech. I mean, in Vicky's case she got kicked off after ONE challenge, no weigh in. That makes her too weak to deserve a chance? This show's all about helping people find their strength!

saef
03-30-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm sad and annoyed with the show.

Melissa is back, and Stephanie is gone.

That's a heckuva swap.

ETA: If you are a rather reserved person, and pretty intense, and hard on yourself, I can see why some think it's standoffish & arrogant. But it really is not. Stephanie worked hard & seemed to pride herself on her integrity. I don't think she is a game player. You want a game player? Melissa is a game player.

What is with Koli? That's his cousin's girl.

Violet73
03-30-2010, 11:01 PM
I didn't know Stephanie and Sam were a couple! Did you guys? Maybe I'm behind on things lol!

LitChick
03-30-2010, 11:02 PM
She's baaaaaack! And up to her old tricks, apparently. :mad:

And my favorite person is gone! :(

Nella
03-30-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm so sad Steph is gone. I hope she comes back and takes the at home.

I had a feeling that Steph and Sam were going to hook up, then I googled it, and sure enough!! I think he's a hottie and she is so pretty!

babygrant
03-30-2010, 11:25 PM
I didn't know Stephanie and Sam were a couple! Did you guys? Maybe I'm behind on things lol!

LOL old news. ;) It's been on the news for a few weeks now that they hooked up. They twitter about their relationship too. :D

Violet73
03-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Does anyone wonder if Koli did that on purpose? Like getting everyone to believe Stephanie was gameplaying so that she would be kicked off? Maybe he is worried she was jeopardizing Sam's time on the ranch or something?! IDK...now that we know Sam and Stephanie were dating and Koli talking trash on her...makes me wonder. I honestly don't believe she was gameplaying...she has gotten so small and will not have big weigh ins now.... I don't like how it was turned on her at all! Also, she voted for James to come back...I thought that was nice of her...cause he didn't have a chance before... Oh well..now we are stuck with the meanie..Melissa argh!

Violet73
03-30-2010, 11:32 PM
LOL old news. ;) It's been on the news for a few weeks now that they hooked up. They twitter about their relationship too. :D

Haha...well....I have been going through lots of things lately and do not have time to watch the news and I don't use twitter! I haven't even had time to come here much lately :dizzy:

babygrant
03-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Haha...well....I have been going through lots of things lately and do not have time to watch the news and I don't use twitter! I haven't even had time to come here much lately :dizzy:

I was totally kidding. ;) I only know because I'm on Stephanies fanpage on facebook, I browse twitter (I follow Jillian Michaels, Stephanie, and Sam) and because I always check out the news.

I think they make an awesome couple. They are so cute together!

readytodoit
03-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Uggg... I can't believe Melissa is back... I can't stand her!!! Sad to see Stephanie go... I really liked her, but happy to see Vicky get a chance. I didn't really like the way they did that at the begining of the season. They really had no shot. Nothing like a big tease...

I was surprised that Koi was trash talking Stephanie so much... I had heard she and Sam were an item. Not cool and I'm sure if Sam is watching he is not going to be pleased!

trekkiegirl
03-31-2010, 12:41 AM
I posted weeks ago in this thread that there was something about Stephanie that failed to get me to warm up to her. At the time, to me, it seemed like a coldness or insincerity. I didn't think she threw the weigh-in 2 weeks ago but it was interesting to me tonight to hear all about the "need to control" stuff because I think that's what I was picking up on almost from the beginning. Then there was the attempt to ally with Ashley, with Drea as an afterthought. I just couldn't get myself to root for her. I don't know why she thought Drea was her biggest competitor; Ashley has more weight to lose and can drop double digits.

Sunshine is losing amazing amounts of weight each week for someone her size and gender. She is a soldier. Oneal has done great, considering his age and physical problems. I didn't think he would make it this long. I thought a couple of times there that the blue team would have voted him off 1) to keep a strong team for challenges; 2) to break up the yellow team for voting purposes.

It seems kind of weird the idea of bringing back the one(s) who lost the most weight. Yeah, I get it, reward the hard work, the top placer. But the flip side is that's the person who has best proven they can do it at home. :dizzy:

Thought it was really weird that Maria would not only fly out to CA but ask to return while the grandmother is dying.

The physical change in Daris is huge. He's one of my top hopes for the finale.

RayStar
03-31-2010, 07:00 AM
I was pulling for Miggy to return but oh well. I hope Vicky gains a lot of knowledge and looses a lot of weight.

MindiV
03-31-2010, 09:04 AM
The challenges were totally set up for Vicky and Melissa to come back. I mean...not a CHANCE Melissa would've won the vote, but Vicky gets the chance to "pull on the heartstrings" of the viewers and get them to tune in. Then the steps...did anyone think Melissa wouldn't win? No doubt in my mind they wanted her back to stir things up a little bit.

It's like they're forcing these contestants, who don't want to play the game apparently, to DO just that. They're shaking them up, throwing in some new people and making things interesting. This is the first show in weeks I didn't just fast forward through 99 percent of.

I kinda buy into the idea that Stephanie threw the weigh-in two weeks ago...I think she did it 100% so black would have a chance the next week. But I think she did throw it.

Tomato
03-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Oh my Gaawd, I can't believe the *****, err, Mrs. Melissa MORGAN, is back! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:
As you can tell, I am exactly happy about that and I dread even a thought that should could possibly win.

I, too, feel that the "challenge" was a set up from start to end. It's like doing the same challenge for the "regular" contestants with the premise that the participant with the lowest number of steps in a given time frame will be sent home - if there was a need to send O'Neal home.

By the way, can somebody quickly explain to me why so many of them said that Vicky was never given a chance? I missed the first two episodes of this season so I am in the dark. I hated how her mother pleaded for Vicky to be kept in, somehow these things get on my nerves lately.

Oh, and was it Koli or Sam who said he did not want the B- , umm, Melissa, back on the ranch? (I was working on my pedicure during the show and I need glasses for distance [TV] so I need clarification. {sorry ladies, old age!!! :D}

I am sorry Stephanie is gone. I can't comment if she plotted anything or not - those things are so beyond me, that I don't bother trying to figure them out. But, she looked VERY PRETTY at the end, when she was size 12, shopping for her birthday party dress (although I would not have picked that dress for her). It also said she plans to be size 8 at finale - woohoo! I hope she reaches her goal.

Sam, even though he did not lose much, has very shapely pecs now and man, did anybody notice his triceps bulging? MMMMmmmm :drool::drool::drool:

I still do not see anything cute in Daris but I admit he is doing very well and looking better each week (and once he gets rid of the sheep ....)
I rooted for Miggy - stupid Melissa MORGAN - I hoped she would be back.

P.S.
Oh and ladies, don't forget to purchase the ZIP LOCK FREEZER BAGS with the special seal! Food will last in them so much longer!
:rofl::rofl:

Torister
03-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Oh and ladies, don't forget to purchase the ZIP LOCK FREEZER BAGS with the special seal! Food will last in them so much longer!
:rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Steelslady
03-31-2010, 01:08 PM
What is with Koli? That's his cousin's girl.

I think Koli is jealous of Sam's relationship with Stephanie.

zinkemomx2
03-31-2010, 01:26 PM
I, too, feel that the "challenge" was a set up from start to end. It's like doing the same challenge for the "regular" contestants with the premise that the participant with the lowest number of steps in a given time frame will be sent home - if there was a need to send O'Neal home. Yeah. There was no way that James or John could have one that challenge.

By the way, can somebody quickly explain to me why so many of them said that Vicky was never given a chance? I missed the first two episodes of this season so I am in the dark. I hated how her mother pleaded for Vicky to be kept in, somehow these things get on my nerves lately. In the first episode each couple had to ride 26.2 miles on spin bikes. The last two finishers would be eliminated. That is when O'neal and Sunshine and Vicky and her mom went home to lose weight for the month. Yellow team came back but Blue got sent home again. Three times at the ranch and they never even got to unpack.

I am sorry Stephanie is gone. I can't comment if she plotted anything or not - those things are so beyond me, that I don't bother trying to figure them out. But, she looked VERY PRETTY at the end, when she was size 12, shopping for her birthday party dress (although I would not have picked that dress for her). It also said she plans to be size 8 at finale - woohoo! I hope she reaches her goal. I don't think Stephanie was game playing. She seemed like she had way to much integrity to even try. Of course I could be wrong.

Sam, even though he did not lose much, has very shapely pecs now and man, did anybody notice his triceps bulging? MMMMmmmm :drool::drool::drool: I loved when they showed Sam and Koli outside working out. Did anyone else notice when they showed him when he was done and the steam was just rolling off him. Steamy hot!

I still do not see anything cute in Daris but I admit he is doing very well and looking better each week (and once he gets rid of the sheep ....)I think once Daris loses that hair he will be cute. Not hot but very cute.

Please if there is a God above get rid of Melissa MORGAN!