Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #1  

Default What are your thoughts on Harris Teeter's sushi?

So tonight, I was left without plans as bf is feeling under the weather and wanted to stay home. I was really *craving* some sushi, but it's so expensive and I didn't feel like going to the restaurant by myself. I remembered that an old boyfriend of mine bought sushi from Harris Teeter years and years ago--he'd said it was ok.

So I have one really close by, I stop in there and I was really pleased to find they had a good number of types, both white and brown rice. From my memory, when he'd bought it there was only one or two types. And they're pretty cheap! $5.49 for a package of 12 rolls! So I pick up two types, one is a combo box. I take them home, open up the combo box and I was really surprised! It was really good! I couldn't tell the difference between this and the sushi we had from a super nice restaurant a few weeks ago. Only thing I noticed was the rice was sticking to the other rolls so occasionally, the roll would come apart a bit when trying to free it from the rest.

But I will DEFINITELY start picking these up regularly. I'll stay away from the saucey ones with fattening toppings and it's a little more healthy! Any one else tried these?
jhinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/232/160

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the review. I love sushi, but try to stay away from it because of the rice. I always buy sushi with brown rice if I get it. I actually made summer rolls this evening with rice papers, cabbage crab, carrots, cucumer and avocado. Yummy!
miatutu is offline   Reply With Quote