Old 01-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/182/120

Height: 5'3

Red face Ahhhhhh and Hi :)

Hello everyone, I am new here, I posted once but havent posted again, still not used to the message board process since I havent used one in AGES anyway....

Here is my story my name is Lisa I am a 26yo SAHM (Stay At Home Mom) after I was pregnant with my daughter the weight never went away ... I am in the 190's or top 180's not certain as I havent weighted myself in a while. I am not quite 5'3" so a bit to big for my height.

Today I joined my BFF to try on bridesmaid dresses, the dress they had that she liked was in a size 12 booo as I dont fit in a 12 it was a tad bit depressing trying on the dress and having it pinned to my bra. No dress I tried on was my size all to small ( which for them is the way they do it since they order their dresses to fit your size ) so they are ordering me a 16 which I tried on a 16 today and it didnt fit...much to my dismay. I realize my goal of approximately 70lbs will most likely not be reached by Oct 2010 but I am looking for any good weight loss advice anyone can give me. I want to be realistic, I have been gradually loosing and doing better...I really dont eat a lot of junk but its just not going away. I cant imagine not even being able to fit in a 16 for her wedding.

I have never really done the diet or exercise thing, I was chunky when I was younger and when I was a teen I lost a TON of weight for reasons unknown (was tested for all kinds of things) I figured it was cause I stopped eating deserts and started drinking a lot of water. My smallest ever was a size 3 which was WAY to small for me. Ideal I would love to be a size 7. But anything close to that I will be super happy with LOL.

Hoping for some great advice, and those who read my babble thank you LOL

I am ready to get this weight loss party started!
Shooting4theStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #2  
299lbs.wordpress.com

S/C/G: 299/285/145

Height: 5'9''

Hi and welcome!

Not fitting in to our Dream Size is, as we all know, bitter and annoying. But, the good news is you've come to the right place to get inspired to fix it

Do you have a plan of action in terms of diet?

Annie

http://299lbs.wordpress.com/
299lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

welcome! a good place to start my be writing down everything you eat. And I mean absolutley everything. Even if it's something like one grape. I know when I first started writing down what i eat, i was eating way more than i thought i was.
I use fitday.com to track my calories, my weight progress, and exercise. it's a really useful tool that you may want to check out.
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/182/120

Height: 5'3

Thanks Ladies. I am planning to do a zone type diet. Though without the headache, lol. Fruits Veggies and the likes water no carbonated beverages of any sort. Workout I haven't figured out just yet, I will most likely do wii fit for the time being. Right now its a tad to cold to walk outside about a 50/50 chance of the wind being to bitter to do it. I figure if I can stop snacking drink a ton of water and add in more fruits and veggies w/ no processed foods that should be a good beginning.

I thought about doing a strict diet but I know that's not me I wouldn't even know where to begin so instead I am taking guidelines and going from there lol
Shooting4theStars is offline   Reply With Quote