South Beach Diet - Wintery Weekend Chat

View Full Version : Wintery Weekend Chat

cottagebythesea
01-02-2010, 07:42 AM
It's snowing again on this cold winter morning. It's looking to be a long, cold, white winter for us, as we've already had more snow so far that we get all year.

We're going up to Shady Maple for breakfast and a few groceries (it seems we're always out of something! :dizzy:), and stopping at my brother's afterwards to drop off some presents. Monica rescheduled Carley's birthday party for this afternoon, so I may go across the river with Andrea and the kids. We're just waiting to see what the weather brings first.

Lexxiss
01-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

Hi Cottage. For us, the winter isn't any colder, whiter or longer than usual-it just IS. Every morning when we go out with the doggies I sit all bundled up and discuss the garden with Kirk. He must think I'm nuts-this AM it was vining acorn squash up a fence in the back-he had this look on his face that was priceless. Needless to say, he's back in bed perfecting hibernation.

Enjoy your Shady Maple breakfast and BD party. I hope the weather cooperates.

Me, up knitting-finally. Starting a project is the hardest and I have 3 hats that need to get done while it's still winter. Bing and the kitty are snoozing on the couch. Not much on our agenda today. There is a winter farmers market being advertised, but I'm thinking it's mostly product-20 m 1 way-further than I want to drive today.

femmecreole
01-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Morning all!
I don't know how you ladies with constant snow deal with it all winter! That snow we had last year for a few days was more than I want to see! brrrr!
It's 36 here this morning and that's cold enough for me. I hate winter.

Cottage, have fun at the birthday party!
Lex, those hats sound cute! I wish I could knit! The only thing I ever did was a long scarf in high school.

Me, not sure yet. We are going to N.O. to visit my Mother in Law before she heads back to Houston. We may go visit an old house/gardens..not sure yet.
Have to go back to school on Monday and really don't want to! The kids won't be there though. It's a workshop with an author of a book on how poverty can affect kids. Should be interesting though.

Lexxiss
01-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Good Morning, Cat. Boy, I hear you on winter-it's not my favorite but it's where I've always lived. N.O. sounds fun. I love watching the many shows about the houses and gardens of your area. I don't think anyone is ready to go back to school-the kids are having a great time in the snow every day. BTW knitting is easy, but I never knit in the summer. I'm a beginner, but learned to make hats for as a service project for our troops overseas. A freind and I teamed up and made almost 100-now I'll never forget.

TwynnB
01-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Good morning!

Cottage - enjoy the bday party, if you go!

Lexiss- I would think you're crazy too ;)! Does he get up, go outside with you, then come back in and go to bed? If he does, that is Amazing!! My DH has quite a hard time getting out of bed in the morning...

Cat - that books sounds interesting. Enjoy your last couple days off!

Me - I was trying to inspire myself to go to the gym while everyone else is still in bed, but it is WICKED out there!! I want to stay here all bundled up! We've got lots of things to do this weekend, in preparation to knock the walls out of our kitchen and work on the new office, pantry, etc. It's going to look awesome when we're done! I'll have to post pictures!

Have a great weekend!

CyndiM
01-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Good morning :coffee2: from snowy New England. Looks like we're in for it again, though not as much as Heidi. It is the pretty fluffy stuff though, so nice to look at it. I'm worried about the overnight winds. Just hope the power stays on.

Cottage - I could shop every day and still be out of something. What's that about?! Enjoy breakfast and the party

Debbie - We need to talk gardening or we would never make it through Feb. and March. Check out this place, http://www.wintersown.org/. I got 28 varieties of tomato seeds from them (small 8-10 seed packets) and a bunch of other cool stuff too. Now I'm all about getting the greenhouse up and starting plants.

Cat - I'm not a fan of snow and cold but I also hate humidity so there's no winning :) Who is the author? Sounds interesting.

Twynn - Mornings like this are why we invested in exercise equipment at home. If I don't have to go out I hibernate :) I tried the Biggest Loser game last night - definitely a good workout. A friend swears by EA Active for cardio but I'm not getting that one just yet :)

I had a great day back on plan 100% yesterday and am ready to keep going. I prepped three kinds of beans and froze small packages so I have easy meal components set. Also made an awesome veggie chili. No, there's no recipe :) Chili in our house is always whatever beans and veggies I have around. Yesterday I had lots of red beans, some white beans, and a small container of pigeon peas in the freezer. Turned out it was a great combination! I also had some pumpkin to add in. Plenty leftover for the week too :)

Well it was a late start this morning. The cats woke me up at 4 but I finally got back to sleep for awhile. I wonder if I can get out for a newspaper.

Ruthxxx
01-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Drat! Had a long post and lost it when I got an IM! $%%#$#

Anyhow....Good morning. We are cold too but not below 0F. Right now there is Christmas snow falling and more to come. I'm sure glad Richard ploughed the lane yesterday.

I've been staying snuggled at home the past few days, taking it easy with quilting and reading. I even skipped the Mayor's NY's levee yesterday. I just didn't feel like ditching the jeans and t-shirt for something less casual and being social with that lot. Let them think I'm becoming a recluse.

Back later. I slept in for a change and the doggage are restless.

femmecreole
01-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Cyndi, the book is A Framework for Understanding Poverty (http://wik.ed.uiuc.edu/index.php/Framework_for_Understanding_Poverty,_A).
Glad you asked cause I needed to pack the book for Monday.
I have one of those big old "rolly carts" to tote my stuff back and forth and need to get it organized for back to school day.

Cyndi, that's a neat site! Ilove the little printable packets! I was just outside looking at my garden...whatta mess.
I have one little tiny broccoli and some parsley and some bok choy that looks ok, the rest..yuk. I can't wait till spring. We had big plans of digging up some stuff this week and between the rain and cold didn't get to it.
I think I'm ready to move to a loft condo with a patio for potted stuff. If I could find one downtown, I'd move in a heartbeat.

Chelby29
01-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Today is January 2, which is one month to February 2, which is Ground Hog Day, which is 6 weeks till SPRING! I'm offically 'done' with winter. :p I don't know how you Northern Chickies do it either! It's 21*F right now. It's not supposed to get above 38* for the next several days. So, I'll stay in the house in front of the fireplace getting dryer skin and scratching! Sounds fun! :lol:

Last summer I loaned out my SB book and never got it back. I need to visit the Ph.1 thread so I can remember what to eat. At some point, I have to get on the scale, but I'm scared.

CyndiM
01-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Cat - I wondered if it was Ruby Payne's work. It's been very popular around here for several years. I attended a full day training a few years ago and many agencies have implemented her ideas. I'll be curious to hear what you think :)

Heidi58
01-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Good morning ladies!

It's snowing here, too, but it's not too bad yet. The heavy stuff is supposed to come in this afternoon. I'm going to an 11:00 wedding and I'm praying that I'll be safe and sound at home before the roads get too bad.

I had a great time on my snowshoes yesterday, the snow was perfect and it was beautiful with a light snow falling and the limbs of the pines weighted down with snow. I should have taken my camera along, but I didn't think of it til I got up to the logging road and I wasn't going to head back for it then. :D I'd like to go out again today, maybe this morning if I can get myself in gear and get things done quickly enough. I don't know if I dare say it out loud or not but.... I LOVE winter! http://bestsmileys.com/winter/6.gif

Cat, our whole school staff spent a year reading and discussing Framework several years ago. Even though I felt like I knew this community and the tough circumstances some of my students and their parents were facing, the book was a real eye opener. I hope your workshop day goes well. Even with a great speaker that's not the way I'd want to spend the first day back after vacation. Zzzzzzz Zzzzzzz ;)

Good morning Ruth - Sounds like you picked a nice way to welcome in the new year, snuggled up at home. Have you finally kicked that cold?

Hi Cyndi - I love reading your menus. I'm a boring cook, though I'm not sure why. I'm pretty creative in other areas of my life but as far as food goes I don't dare get too adventurous. I wonder if 30 years with a husband who only likes to eat what he's "used to" could have something to do with that that? :lol:

Hey Twynn :wave: I'll be looking forward to those pictures. I love to daydream about doing our kitchen and entry way over - opening up the two. I don't know that we'll ever actually do it, but it's fun to think about.

Debbie, I was thinking the same thing as Twynn - Kirk gets up, goes out with the dogs and then goes back to bed? :eek: I couldn't blast Fergie out of bed with a cannon to do that. lol He's always been great with the pets (and kids :p) but he either gets up and stays up or stays in bed til he's ready to face the day......

Good morning Cottage - enjoy your breakfast, shopping and visit with your brother. Poor Carley, snow interfering with her birthday party again. I have a winter birthday too and remember being disappointed a couple of times because school friends couldn't make it to my party because of slippery roads. We never postponed back in those days... or at least my family didn't. :)

I just previewed and saw your post Chelby. You're wishing your life away, this morning, eh? ;) A little cold weather is good for ya! lol I've got 3 copies of the SB book for the exact same reason you mention. I loan mine out and don't get it back for a while so I grit my teeth and buy another one...... I finally got smart and picked up a 'loaner' copy at a yard sale. :D

Enjoy your Saturday friends! :hug:

Lexxiss
01-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Twynn, yes, DH gets a little miffed if I don't wake him for the 1st cup of coffee. We've been doing it for years. How exciting that your project is finally going to take off!! I still love my new kitchen!

Cyndi, thanks-I'll check out that website. Sadly, I don't have a greenhouse-although DH would love one. :cp: Staying OP-I'm really interested to see how you feel minus some of the regulars.

Ruth, this is the time of year we can get away with staying at home. I suppose tomorrow is out for church so enjoy it while you can. Pups are restless here, I was beginning to wonder about Rudi. Got them to the park yesterday and he ran around and looked normal. Our pups will be happy when spring comes, too.

Oh, Chelby. Thanks for the info!! The groundhog never does what it's supposed to do, but at least it's moving ahead. Are you still in your shorts and birkies? I saw several of the old books at thrift stores and I'd send you one but you probably want supercharged.

Heidi, I hope the roads cooperate. I'm so glad you love winter. I wouldn't mind it if I didn't love my bike and garden soooo much. Your post got me laughing this morning. Thanks! I think it's really great DH doesn't do much on the computer-this one anyway.

So, I'm canning the knitting for now. Sophie, I was calling your name earlier. It's too complicated, and I need to tear out and simplify:fr:

Pearlrose
01-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Good morning chickies,

It is a nice 6 degrees here can you say BRRRRRR!!! Heidi if we atleast had snow to go with it, it wouldn't be so bad we could go sleding out back.

Cottage hope you get the Birthday party in today, enjoy your breakfast out.

Debbie that is funny that DH wakes for the first cup of coffee but that's nice that you have company for a bit and then quiet time again :)

Cat it will be hard to get back into the full time grind on Monday but it won't be long til Spring Break.

Twynn no way would I go out in this weather to go the gym, I have a stock of videos to choose from and plan on doing one in a few.

Cyndi enjoy your veggie chili- day 2 of 100% op eating for me as well, other than a headache which is partly allergies, I can feel my body detoxing so I am happy. My goal for 2010 is never to have to detox again staying onplan is so much better for our bodies.

Ruth enjoy your quiet time before you know you will be super busy again

Chelby my sticker is lying but I decided to do a two weeks op before I change it to whatever it should be then. More of a mental thing than anything else.

Heidi snowshoeing sounds fun, you will definitely have to post pictures the next time you go. Be safe on your drive home from the wedding.

Today DS turns 18, where does the time fly. We are going to take him and gf out to dinner to a Mexican restaurant (where I can stay op lol). He already had a bd party this week with friends. Yesterday I ended up taking all the decorations down and cleaned house, I miss the decorations but am glad to have the house back in order.

Have a great day everyone

sophie
01-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Good morning.
Just a quick check in because we are driving up north to visit a friend and having lunch with her.
Debbie - don't give up on the complicated stuff in knitting, just take it one step at a time or just put it away for a while and when you are more relaxed it will work out.
take care
Sophie
I don't know if it snowing up north, sure hope not because DH will turn right around and come home.

Lexxiss
01-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks, Sophie. I'm still working on it! Drive safe!

Kim_Star060404
01-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Good morning, everyone. It hasn't been a great "new start" for me so far. MIL and boyfriend are here and I forget how much that stresses me out. I slipped up a bit yesterday and, while I feel terrible about letting it all get to me, I'm going to just fly past it and get back on track.

I don't know what the day holds yet. I know MIL wants to drive down to her property about an hour away, but I'm not sure I'll tag along if they do that. I know we need to run to the store for a few things, so I'll have to run and do that. I've got a nasty headache going on, but I'm thinking it might just be sinus pressure. That's what I'm hoping for anyhow.

Well, I've postponed it enough, so I'm going to go get my breakfast made. I hope everyone else is having a wonderful morning and that your first weekend of the new year is great!

jenne1017
01-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Morning all!

I got up early, showered and am ready to go. Have to go shopping for a bathing suit for DW (better her than me!) - she signed up for a "learn to swim" class yesterday when we went to check out the RECenter by us that we've never gone to. I am sore today...Thinking about joining it but have to see $$ wise. It's pricey but has a gym, indoor track and the pool...I am going to try to make it work.

Just a sore day for me. I need to get going. See ya!

Cottage: stay warm! it's 19 degrees here but no snow!

Lex: I envy knitters. I can't do it for squat! I'd love to see finished product pics!

Femme: I have to go back to work on Monday and don't wanna either!!!

Twynn: I hope you do post pics! I love home projects ( I say as I am watching DIY shows)...

Cyn: Yay for being on track! Go you! :carrot:

Ruth: have a great, suggly warm day!

Chelby: Hi! I'd loan you my book but the same thing happened. I love this site though!

Heidi: Stay safe out there. Maybe add your snow shoes to your car just in case? That would make a fashion statement at the wedding :lol3:

Pearl: Happy day to your son! Have fun at dinner. I am making thetaco bake tonight because I am sooo in the mood for Mexican.

Sophie: have a great day!

Kim: good for you. Get right back on track and let it go...GOod luck with the MIL!

tomandkara
01-02-2010, 02:40 PM
I forgot to check in this afternoon and now you chatty Cathys have two whole pages of fun to read! I love when the dailies are up and running!!!

Linda, have a fun day at breakfast and your brother's!

Debbie, who are you making hats for? I hope your acorn squash grow well! ;)

Cat, hope your day in New Orleans is wonderful. Tom and I talk about our trip there all the time and how much we loved the B&B you suggested. Thanks again!

Tammy, I can't wait to see the pictures of your renovation! We've always rented since we move so often and I can't wait until we get (what we call) our Real House so we can do whatever we want with it!

Cyndi, I'm glad your chili turned out so well! Good idea with the small packets of beans!

Hello Recluse Ruth! Are you making a quilt for anyone in particular?

Michelle, you should take a deep breath and get on the scale. I did it yesterday and was very disappointed in myself, but I'm glad I faced up to it. Have you tried the library for a South Beach book? I am a huge fan of the library!

Heidi, how was the wedding? I always think winter weddings are so beautiful! We got married in June, though. I just couldn't wait any longer!

Rose, happy birthday to your son! Have a great dinner out!

Sophie, drive safely!

Kim, I'm so sorry your mother-in-law gave you a headache! Send that woman to her property and sit down for a nice cup of tea!

Jenn, have fun shopping!

It's the end of the day for us. The sun actually came out this morning, so that was nice. Haven't seen the sun in a couple weeks at least. Such is a European winter... We went downtown to the best tea shop ever to pick up some tea for a friend and then went to get our full-size violin from the music store, where it was having a spa day. When we got back, I curled up in The Big Chair with a blanket and finished my book. Such a good day! PLUS I stayed on plan all day today and yesterday and I feel fantastic! I just have to fold some laundry and wind down for the night.

Lexxiss
01-02-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm sure trying to get chores done so I can knit....it's break time. We took the doggies walking earlier and it snowed really hard.

Pearlrose, I think it's nice to get the house back in order. Have a fun bd dinner!

Sophie, still working on it. How was your trip.

Kim, I hope both your headaches are gone!

Jenn, I'm glad you're back. Starting fresh is hard. I've been there and don't want to do it again. Great workout!

Kara, I'm glad you're feeling so good staying OP. The tea shop sounds really interesting. Good night is in order

Heidi58
01-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Hello again!

The wedding was beautiful - the bride is very shy and wasn't comfortable being the center of attention but she positively BEAMED while they were saying their vows. :) The groom looked pretty happy too.

It was a bittersweet morning though, the groom's grandfather died just before the ceremony. He's been in the hospital and his death wasn't unexpected but the timing was awful. Marilla's been at the hospital every day since he was admitted, and her brothers were with him when he died, but she's dealing with regrets about not visiting this morning. She could use some prayers right now.

I was out on my snowshoes again this afternoon and had even more fun than yesterday. Those darn turkeys startled me again today though. They wait til I get close and then they explode from the trees making all kinds of noise. :faint: Even though I know they're around it just about does me in every time. :lol:

tomandkara
01-03-2010, 07:56 AM
I just discovered that the positive thing about January 1st being in the middle of your period is that you lose four pounds in your first two days eating properly! Yay! I made my monthly goal x 2. Does it count, do you think?

cottagebythesea
01-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Sure it counts, Kara! I'm past those TOM days, but the only thing I liked about them was the WHOOSH afterwards. :)

Speaking of whooshing, the wind is really gusting and howling out there this morning! I'm thinking of going down to Wilmington to Trader Joe's and browsing around in Michael's, but I think I'll wait until later this morning to venture out. :brr: It's definitely going to be a soup day today!

Ruthxxx
01-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Good morning from cold, snowy and blowy Delta. I just got a call from Doug that Church is cancelled this morning. Our minister is so snowed in she can't see the road from her house! It really drifts where she lives. So I have another day of being a hermit if I want.

Today would be a good day to "undecorate" although I'll be a bit sad to see all the colour go. I guess I can go out and buy a potted plant to brighten things up a bit - tomorrow as I know I won't be ploughed out until the snow stops.

Have a great last day of the holidays, Chickies. January is cranking up tomorrow.

tomandkara
01-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Linda, is Wilmington the closest Trader Joe's to you? There's one in Marlton that you could hit easily if you took the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge across and just followed 73S. It's on your left.

Ruth, have a fun day being snowed in! We had a dusting on the ground this morning but not enough to keep us out of church, which was a good thing because we needed to do a big food shop afterward.

Tom just made the most delicious hummus ever! I sliced a red pepper and ended up eating the entire thing. Yum!

Heidi58
01-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Good morning! :wave:

Congratulations Kara. :D

It's windy here too, Linda. I'm hoping we won't loose our power today. They're predicting outages and we're usually among the lucky. ;)

Our church services are canceled today too, Ruth. From the looks of the cancellations on the TV every church in the state canceled! I'm going to take my tree down today and get the house in shape. It's back to work and the 'real world' for me tomorrow. It's been a really nice vacation though.

Enjoy your Sunday friends! :hug:

cottagebythesea
01-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Ruthie, why don't you just leave your tree up and re-decorate it for your birthday? And afterwards, you can decorate it for Valentine's Day, etc. The girls and I did that one year with their tree in the playroom, until we finally got tired of looking at it. ;) Enjoy taking advantage of one more day of being a hermit and cozying in with the doggage and your woodstove.

Kara, we also have a TJ's in Valley Forge, but I think it's about the same distance to either one. I've been to the TJ's in Marlton several times with Monica, but it's a lot further to go to from my house, and a much smaller store, too.

Morning, Heidi! You must have gotten a lot of snow for your church to be cancelled today, too. I'm kind of glad my GD isn't going back to school in Bar Harbor this semester. I always worried about that trip back up there this time of the year. The final trek from Bangor to Bar Harbor is always especially treacherous. Enjoy your day of being snowed in!

Chelby29
01-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Y'all are making me cold! I would be such a bad Northern Chick! It's 18*F here this morning. Jeff went to the flea market -- idiot! :D Auston and I are curled up in front of the fire. We're both staying in our jammies today.

I have one more vacation day. Maybe Auston and I will bundle up tomorrow and go see Alvin and the Chipmonks -- if Jeff doens't have a better offer. :)

femmecreole
01-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Morning all! It's cold here too, about 26, but no where near what ya'll have up north..brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Had a nice day in New Orleans yesterday but not the day I expected. I love "fly by the seat of your pants day" Met up with MIL at my sister in law's house and decided to go to the movies . We all went out to eat at Jeager's which was great...I had a grilled seared tuna. Then headed to the movies. The line was unbelieveable so the movies idea went out the window, so for fun, we strolled over to a thrift store so my MIL could find some books and ended up having fun looking at the "stuff". I ended up buying the cutest skirt...all different length "panels"..white linen with embroidered stuff on it. The panels sewn together with yarn...very bohemian. Still had the original 79.99 tag on it and I got it for 7. Can't wear it till summer, so come on summer!

Nothing much for today. Have to hit the grocery store cause the cupboard is bare...gotta get stuff for dinner this week and also (sigh) for back to school lunches. Gotta do some laundry and a couple of power point lessons I should have done over the last two weeks. Really don't want to go back to school tomorrow, but it will be fine once I get there all fresh from the gym...right?

Lexxiss
01-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Good Sunday Morning:sunny:

I've been up, but knitting away. I just took the hat off the needles so I can finish up and give it to a sweet girl at church. Kirk is excited since his hat is next on the list. It's snowing here again.

Heidi, I'm glad the wedding was beautiful and I will put Marilla's family in my prayers today as they deal with their loss. I'm glad you've enjoyed your vacation...and hope your transition to kidville is pleasant.

Kara, congrats on the WL!

Cottage, maybe the wind will calm down before you have to go out.

Ruth, I guess you really got hit with snow. Enjoy whatever your day brings!

Chelby, I can't believe it's so cold down south! :brr: Have a fun day and bundle up!

Cat, what a fun day! The skirt sounds great and what a good deal! I'm going to miss you being around all the time!

Ok, finish hat, color hair, walk doggies, go to church. See ya'll later!

CyndiM
01-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Good morning :coffee2: It's another good day for curling up inside with an extra mug of coffee. I don't think it's quite as bad as Ruth & Heidi's weather but more than enough cold, snow & wind. :crossed: Just hope the power stays on

Kara - It definitely counts :)

Cottage - Enjoy the shopping trip. Hope the roads are clear. What is your GD up to this semester? I think she picked the right winter not to be up there.

Heidi - Good luck with the power. Enjoy your last day of leisure.

Chelby - an extra day sounds wonderful :) You actually weren't much colder than us this morning - just 8 degrees but we are slightly more used to it.

Cat - The skirt sounds adorable. I've got a few work tasks hanging over my head too. Guess I should stop pretending they will go away ;)

Debbie - Happy knitting

I actually slept in until 7:30 this morning. May not sound like much but when you're usually up at 5 or 5:30 it's awesome! It will be nice to start the week off with a little extra sleep. We are staying put today too, nasty roads and bitter cold out there. I'm planning menus for the week and looking for some new, interesting recipes. Poor DW, every time I change up my eating habits dinners change ;) In my search for the culprit for my allergy issues I've cut soy for the 2 weeks too. She's been adding veggie burgers to dinners. So far the compromise is working. I am looking for a couple of bean burger recipes to try this week because I do like burgers with roasted veggies on the side.

Those of you on facebook may have read about my sprouting experiment. I was very excited to discover little tails on the quinoa today. That's enough to encourage me and lentils will be started today. I'm excited to have anything fresh and green in the winter!

Well time to get this day moving :) Hope you are all warm and safe today and enjoy a last day of relaxation

little chick
01-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Good Morning Chicks, been MIA last few days but have been busy busy busy. We went to a party on NYE and then on NYD we had an outdoor fort party, I will post some pics later, we had a blast. We watched the hockey game outside. We have about 2 feet of snow here after last nights storm and it is snowing again they are calling for another 10-15 cm. WOW there is lots. I am trying to put away christmas stuff and catch up on laundry and get organized to start the week tomorrow. Which will be my first day back to phase 1. Well got to dash the dryer is going off and dd has to get to work and I must keep moving or christmas will never be put away. Enjoy your day

Kim_Star060404
01-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Good morning, everyone. I'm late again this morning, but I've really enjoyed sleeping in. MIL and her boyfriend are leaving this morning, and as soon as they do, the fridge and the pantry are going to get purged!! Yesterday wasn't necessarily a bad day, but my eating wasn't great again. I also didn't workout yesterday because we were out and about all day, but I'll make sure not to have a rest day for the remainder of the week, so that should be okay.

I wish I could reply to everyone, but I am reading! Sounds like it's really cold for some of you!!! I hope everyone has a great day.

tomandkara
01-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Cyndi, have you tried the Garbanzo Bean Burgers in the recipe section? I forget if they're in the Phase 1 or 2 section, but I know it's definitely an Entree. They're fantastic! We also love Portobello Burgers. I think they might be in the Phase 1 Entree section. Or make little pizzas on portobello mushrooms. That's good, too. Hope you figure out the allergy issues soon!

Debbie, I hope your sweet girl at church enjoys her hat! What color did you make it?

Cat, I'm with you on having to finish up some things I should have done over vacation. Here we are at the last day of break and I am kicking myself for procrastinating!

Michelle, I hope you have a fun day with Auston tomorrow! I *just* found out that Connor doesn't go back to school until Wednesday. Thought it was tomorrow. Oops!

LC, that is a LOT of snow! Hope you can enjoy it and not have to worry about driving in it!

Kim, good travels to your mother-in-law! :)

jenne1017
01-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Morning all! Cold here too but no snow Ruth! Just wind.

I think DW and I are heading back to the rec center. I think to gym it then to swim. I am still so sore from Friday though, lol. Our bed doesn't help either. After a new TV, that's the next big purchase if she does not lose her job in March.

I tried the mock pancakes again for the 100,000th time and still can't get it to work for me. Oh well. Coffee it is. Have a good Sunday chicks. I am off to enjoy the last day of my vacation...

jenne1017
01-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Oh doh! I got on the scale for a day 4 weigh in and lost 7 pounds!!! I too started at the end of TOM Kara and I am a countin it :)

Schmoodle
01-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Brrr, brrr, brrr, it's so cold and windy here! I'm trying to get my head and house in the right place for the back-to-school/back-to-work onslaught tomorrow. Happy to say my house is back to mostly a safe zone. I think there's a couple of half-gnawed chocolate santas around, but I can resist those, and after a couple of days they'll go in the trash and nobody will notice. But I've shopped and planned menus, and ready to get back to normal life and eating. I'm living in sweats because my pants are all too tight right now!

I think cottage is right, we are in for a long, hard winter. We have a trip to Florida in a couple of weeks to look forward to, though. DH leaves for Norfolk today; he'll be gone a couple of days taking classes, then he leaves for his 4-month rotation at sea on the 20th.

I won't be around much this week, I'm afraid. With DH away, work/meetings, ortho appointments, after school activities, I expect it'll be a tough week. DD got a bento box for Christmas and wants me to pack her a real bento lunch tomorrow. hmmm... The government guys have been on vacation the last couple of weeks, but will be back in full force and scrambling to catch up. Tomorrow I will get started on my January personal challenge to get up at 6AM every day. Didn't go so well this weekend. Anyway, I wanted to pop in and say hello. I hope everyone had a happy holiday season, full of loved ones.

I don't know when undecorating will happen around here. There's just no time. At least on my little white tree, I can swap out the decorations with red hearts and keep it up for Valentine's. Oh, anybody want some Girl Scout cookies? They're made with real Girl Scouts!

tomandkara
01-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Schmoo, what's a bento box?

sophie
01-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi Chicks,
Same report here, windy, snowy and cold. Had to go out to get groceries because I haven't shopped since the Tuesday before Christmas. Had a wonderful day yesterday and it started snowing last night but we were very close to home.

Cottage - Saw a Brenville at Costco and thought of you, are you getting to be an expert. We have a Saeco but DH is the one that makes the cappuccinos, I should watch more closely because if anything happened to him it would go in a garage sale.

Ruth - enjoy your hermit day.

Chelby - a pj day by the fireplace its a good idea.

Debbie - glad your hat worked out. You are the hat knitting queen.

Cyndi - have a nice day.

Kim - Enjoy the rest of your Sunday company free.

Schmoodles - you are going to be so busy this week. It must be hard to have DH away for 4 months.

Jenn - congratulations of the weightloss.

Kara - have a good night.

Sorry, I can't answer everyone but it seems that when I go to the previous page I always lose my post.

Take care
Sophie
lots of intentions for the new year not resolutions.

cottagebythesea
01-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Kara, a bento box is a Japanese lunch box of sorts, lots of different size compartmental boxes that fit neatly into a larger box.

Cyndi, Caite has discovered she has a real love for photography and wants to persue it further, so she's looking at several different schools and weighing her options. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that she's decided to change her major (and school), but I guess it's better to do it now, while she's still young. I'm going to to miss those jaunts to Maine, though.

We're back from running our errands, and driving was a both-hands-on-the-wheel experience today. The wind was doing it's best to blow us off the highway! I have a pot of vegetable bean soup and another of cream of broccoli simmering, so I'll be set for lunches for the week. I'm getting caught up on the laundry, too, and the washer just stopped, so I'd better go and put the next load in. After that, I'm going to make a mug of tea and sit down to read the Sunday papers. :)

jenne1017
01-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Cottage: where in Maine was she going to school? DW is from Maine and we too visit quite frequently. Beautiful!

tomandkara
01-03-2010, 05:22 PM
I just found out that my grandfather passed away, so we are trying to find a flight back to the States. I might not be on for a little while.

TwynnB
01-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Oh, very sorry Kara. Please travel safe.

Chelby29
01-03-2010, 06:03 PM
:hug: I'm sorry, Kara.

Pearlrose
01-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Hello all, its a nice 18 degrees right now, I can do without this deep freeze. Didn't make it to church this morning, we need to get back in the swing but I just couldn't bring myself to go out when it was 7 degrees this morning.

Workout yesterday and today and Kara my Tom is coming so I don't dare weigh in until the end of this upcoming week. But I am feeling better other than this sinus headache thing I got going on today.

Have a great evening everyone and stay warm and safe.

cottagebythesea
01-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Kara, I'm sorry about your grandfather. :hug:

Jenn, she was attending COA in Bar Harbor. Where is your DW from?

jenne1017
01-03-2010, 07:59 PM
:sorry: Kara - my deepest condolences and sympathies...

Cottage - she's from 3 hours south of that right outside of Portland. Just think of all the harsh winters you will miss!

Lexxiss
01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Kara:hug: Be safe....so sorry.

CyndiM
01-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Jenn- DW and I go to a lovely little condo place on the Wells Ogunquit border every May, week before Memorial Day. I love that area.

jenne1017
01-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Oh fun Cyndi! I love that area. And right before all the real tourists ;) When we drive from Boston (cheaper to fly into BeanTown), we usually stop.

In the summer that is ;) We were just in Maine Dec. 16th and it was as freezing as it is here today!

Heidi58
01-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Kara, I'm so sorry.
You and your family will be in my prayers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

......I'm going to to miss those jaunts to Maine, though. Well, if you miss them too much - I'm always up for company. How would you feel about trading the coast for the western mountains? :lol:

DW is from Maine and we too visit quite frequently. :) Nice! (We're not far from the NH border, near Sunday River and the White Mountains National Forest.)

BellaLucia
01-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Good evening everyone! Happy New Year's. I'm on plan and I am relatively happy with how I feel on plan. I moved back to MD on 1/1 and I miss San Diego! I wish the weather was warmer here but I'm glad to be back. I started the lifestyle plan on 1/2 and it hasn't been too hard. Looking forward to working for the first time in a year when I get work.