Old 01-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/221/145

Height: 5'8

Default Your Favorite "On Plan" Meal

So today (since I actually had the day off work for once) I made one of my favorite healthy meals (it's a bit on the indulgent side-- but it's so tasty I almost feel like I'm eating fast food)
A morningstar chick patty on a toasted oro wheat sandwhich thin with lettuce tomato and onion and a serving of Tradr Joes Sweet Potato fries (baked of course!) YUM!! The whole thing weighs in at about 450 cal.
So what are some of your favorite "on plan" meals?
IrishRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Oh gosh, so many!

I make a healthy chicken or eggplant parmesan that really rocks...and a roasted veggie and chicken sausage pasta dish that's so hearty and satisfying.

Right now, in this cold weather, I've been really into soups and stews...Beef stew on a cold winter night just cannot be beat. Or a grilled chicken sandwich with a bowl of fresh pumpkin soup on the side. Or turkey chili...mm, delicious.

In summer, I was all about Chinese long beans in stirfries with beef or pork. So delicious over some brown rice! I also liked to make individual turkey meatloaves and serve them with baked baby potatoes and sauteed green beans with garlic and lemon.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I actually love Falafel! I have a place near by that has the most amazing falafel. I looked it up and it's 500 calories, so I try not to have it more than once a week, but this week, I've already had it twice (two days in a row, I might add!). I love calorie counting because I can still make this fit into my schedule.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/186/149 (mini: 179)

Height: 5'5

My healthy version of eggplant parmesan is YUMMY and totally takes care of my cravings for the not-so-good-for-you version (which happens to be my favorite meal of all time).

My other fav "on-plan" meals include black bean burgers, homemade minestrone soup, healthy veggie fajitas, linguini alfredo with spinach and tomatoes (doesn't sound healthy, but is when I make it!), and veggie "lomein". I learned that if I make my own meals, I can still eat all of my favorites with just a few healthy twists and changes.
angee phalangee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #5  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Hmm. Potato Salad, made with blended 1% cottage cheese and a bit of romano cheese. I usually have it on a spinach salad.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #6  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I got this idea from Biggest Loser when Curtis Stone made them lunch. It's grilled turkey burgers with big grilled portaballa mushroom tops instead of buns. Load that beast up with veggies...I have honestly come to prefer turkey burgers over beef burgers. I just like the texture and taste better.

My favorite breakfast is a fruit and yogurt smoothie. 1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup unsweetened orange juice, half a banana, whatever berries I have on hand, and 1/4 cup oats, and ice. It's SO tastey.

I'm not sure if this counts, lol, but McDonald's southwest salad is fabulous. The salad itself with grilled chicken and no croutons is 350cal. The salad dressing they give you is 100cal. I use about 1/4-1/2 of the pack, so maybe 50 cal. 400cal might seem like an indulgent meal, especially for a salad, but it's really yummy! Great alternative when all your friends want to go to McDonalds!
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #7  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Whole wheat English muffin spread with goat cheese, chopped scallions, smoked salmon slices and tomatoes, served with fresh strawberries and fresh pea pods. It's between 350-400 calories total for the whole meal, and it's soooo filling!

Ugh - I can't wait for spring to get here and bring back fresh foods!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

My favorite lunch is one of those 100 calorie sandwich thins, toasted. Then i mash 1/2 an avocado with a lot of black pepper, a little salt and some hot sauce, which I spread on top. Top the whole thing with spinach, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers...its delicious.

I also eat a lot of baked sweet potatoes, chicken and green beans...yum
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:43 AM   #9  

A Trader Joe's chili lime chicken patty on a light whole wheat bun with some grilled portabello mushrooms(no oil), red peppers, and romaine lettuce with a side of fresh veggies and the Hungry Girl butternut squash fries .
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/221/145

Height: 5'8

I am totally with you Smisen.
I can't wait for Spring either-- all the fresh fruit and veggies! I miss them too!!
IrishRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I actually really love healthy foods. My problem with weight gain was always binging on the junk food in between and the lattes every day didn't help. Buuuut, my fave meals are:

Grilled fish with Miso soup and Veggies
Sashimi (when I eat out)
Kimchee Stew
Stir fried veggies
Greek Veggie Wraps
Spaghetti made with shirataki noodles
Omelettes
Smoked salmon sandwich
or Smoked Salmon Cabbage bake
Ok.. I could go on forever. I think it is important to find healthy food you can really enjoy.

Last edited by Mikan; 01-02-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #12  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I'm a soup and salad girl. I get teased all the time at work for ordering the same lunch... half a portion of steak on a bed of greens with vinagrette and hummus with red peppers to dip.

I make soups all the time, especially in cold weather. I have a cabbage soup I'm fond of at the moment.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 226/158.2/137

Height: 5'6

I love baked tilapia with broccoli and garlic pasta, whole thing about 600 cals, but worth it!

I also have several cooking light meals I love, steak tacos, baked pasta, etc. I love Cooking Light!
nineoceansaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Eggs with a whole grain english muffin or some Ezekiel bread. Soooo yummy. And I love teriyaki sauce on eggs. Don't ask, I don't even know where I got it, but it's DELICIOUS.

I also used to make myself smoothies all the time with berries and yogurt and soymilk. I should start doing that again to up my fruit intake, I think.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #15  

You know, the more I eat "clean" the more I feel like the simplest of food tastes best to me. Back when I would stuff my face with whatever I could find, even Big Macs and pizza would start to taste bland to me. It didn't taste all that great anymore.

Now I love eating stuff like Multigrain Cheerios and skim milk and few cut up strawberries or banana, a simple turkey sandwich on whole gran bread, lettuce, tomatoes, olives (I love olives!) and a wedge of laughing cow cheese (I'm not much of a condiments person. I eat stuff dry).
Lucky Charm is offline   Reply With Quote