Old 01-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #1  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Default JANUARY-2010 Thread

So here I sit on the first day of the new year, listening to the rain fall on my bedroom roof. I am so happy about my weight at this point. Although there were better ways to lose it, I'll take it. I had a tonsilectomy 2 weeks ago and in this past two weeks I've lost 12 pounds, simply because I can't eat. However, even though I still feel so rotten, I put on a pair of jeans yesterday that I hadnt worn in two years and a shirt that the last time I remember wearing it, was 2006. And I liked the way I looked. I am looking forward to the new year and I'm excited to start new and fresh with a fresh and happy outlook. I hiope everyone feels this way and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/183/145

Height: 5'6"

I can't wait until I can feel that same way! I've the program once before, but gained all the weight back after a thyroid surgery. Now that it's a new year it's time to start a new way of eating again....and I'm so excited! I wish everyone lots of success in the year to come! We can do this!
mama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy New Year to all!

I am so looking forward to 2010 and the promises it holds for us all. I went to WI yesterday and I'm down a total of 13.5 pounds! I'm so glad I didn't wait till 2010 to start this journey!

I wish the best for everyone in the coming year!
FetchLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY LOSING FRIENDS!!

I went to face the music yesterday so I can get back OP. I was up 5 pounds still, so it's slowly coming down. It just wasn't worth eating off plan, but it was Christmas and wanted to enjoy it as much as we could with some of our family members not being able to make the trip due to the never ending snow storm. I think a little depression set in and that didn't help my constant nibbling on everything I could find. I got back on plan, but last night was a little celebration and tonight we had our SIL here for dinner, so I ate off plan, but not much!!! I know I will get this off and I will be signing the 40 pound board in a couple of weeks. The gym was closed so tomorrow I will get back on excercising again. I need to do both to lose. I am so very proud of all that stayed OP over the Holidays....you have my blessings!!!
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I love Christmas, but I am soooooo glad the holidays are behind me. Now I can get down to business and lose these last few pounds. I've been putting off stabilization purposely til after the holidays and now it's here. Time to get busy!!! I wish you all big losses this year!!

~Carla B.
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

HAPPY NEW LOSING YEAR TO ALL
I too am glad the holidays are past us. I stayed OP, but it made me a little depressed to miss out on all of the goodies. I kept telling myself that it was only one year. It's hard to celebrate with others when you're depriving yourself.
It was all good though. I went to WI today and was down 3#. That's a total of 41# lost. I got the sign the 40# board and got another milestone rock. It felt good. Only 13# to goal. It was a great way to start the new year.
Roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadqueen View Post
HAPPY NEW LOSING YEAR TO ALL
I too am glad the holidays are past us. I stayed OP, but it made me a little depressed to miss out on all of the goodies. I kept telling myself that it was only one year. It's hard to celebrate with others when you're depriving yourself.
It was all good though. I went to WI today and was down 3#. That's a total of 41# lost. I got the sign the 40# board and got another milestone rock. It felt good. Only 13# to goal. It was a great way to start the new year.
I am glad you stayed OP. It makes me feel like I'm not alone. I stayed OP all thru the holidays and felt like I was the only one. I sooooo wanted to cheat Thank you for posting this, next year we will both enjoy a little nibble here and there of all the goodies and not feel so deprived.
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/185/140

Height: 5ft 2 in

I am so glad that the new year has begun. I have promised myself that this year is for me to get healthy. I start full program on Monday. So Cheers to all that have also started this journey.
blissfulmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

Happy New Years to all!

I am back to get the last 20 pounds off ! Took month of December off and up 5 pounds...just had to take a break...Feb 10 will my my 1st year anniversary on program and I want to be at or very near goal by then....
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
I am glad you stayed OP. It makes me feel like I'm not alone. I stayed OP all thru the holidays and felt like I was the only one. I sooooo wanted to cheat Thank you for posting this, next year we will both enjoy a little nibble here and there of all the goodies and not feel so deprived.
I know what you mean. Seems like many were taking a break for the holidays,
I just didn't trust myself to get back OP if I went off. Looks like you are getting close to your goal also. We will get there in the new year. Yeah!!!!
Roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #11  
Where did I go??

S/C/G: 240.5/230/160

Height: 5'8"

Hello all! I am back! I had my tonsillectomy in November. I ended up with pneumonia TWICE, in the hospital once, then had a stomach virus, and have been sick on and off during the entire month of December. I am going back to the center tomorrow after being gone for about 6 weeks. My doctor finally gave me the okay to get back to MRC simply because I was trying to get well and rebuild my immune system. I am excited to get back going tomorrow. Went to the grocery store today and purchased what I need for the week. Happy New Year to everyone! And, very happy to be back!
keirasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

2010 - the year of the weight loss!! Whoot, Whoot!!
CndLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #13  
Think Pink!

Happy New Year! Today was my actual first day on program - I'm excited for things to come!
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #14  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Here we go....just wondering if I should do preconditioning or just start the Day 1-4 menu. Any ideas????

DZackery - way to go on your weight loss...28lbs since Oct is GREAT!!!!!
kristih6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirasmommy View Post
Hello all! I am back! I had my tonsillectomy in November. I ended up with pneumonia TWICE, in the hospital once, then had a stomach virus, and have been sick on and off during the entire month of December. I am going back to the center tomorrow after being gone for about 6 weeks. My doctor finally gave me the okay to get back to MRC simply because I was trying to get well and rebuild my immune system. I am excited to get back going tomorrow. Went to the grocery store today and purchased what I need for the week. Happy New Year to everyone! And, very happy to be back!
My goodness! You have had a rough time the last couple of months . Glad you are back and well enough to get back on the program. Hope you have a great year of weight loss and no more illness..

Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote