WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters - Happy New Year 2010

Tina
01-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Happy New Year 2010 !!!

Wow, here we go with a new year.
On the December thread, Maureen said that every thing was wiped clean and we start over again. I like that!

Anyone do resolutions?

I resolve to exercise for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week.

:flow1:

jar1965
01-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Hi! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

No resolutions for me! (at least that I would put in black & white) I'm HORRIBLE at keeping them and then I tend to beat myself up when I don't! ha!

Good for you Tina - you can do it!

Have a great day everyone!

RockyMtnGirl
01-01-2010, 10:45 AM
My goal is to lose 90lbs this year! Whew, that is a large number and a bit intimidating, but I'm determined!

Mimi4fun
01-01-2010, 10:59 AM
I resolve to be the best that I can and forgive what I (and others) can't.
Happy New Year Everyone

Tina
01-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I completely understand not wanting to be bummed out if resolutions aren't kept. :)

HI, RockyMtnGirl--welcome!!!! I'm glad you are breaking down your goal into smaller amounts. That way you can see improvements faster. Keep coming here and talking.

Mimi, that's a great goal.

Food---I need to clear out the frig of all this left-over Christmas stuff. :lol:

maureen kempster
01-01-2010, 12:49 PM
I resolve to just live 1 day at a time-be good to myself and stop being negative about how I look or feel-it's time to go forward
I can do this with your help

thanks for being here
maureen

Mimi4fun
01-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm not sure where I got the recipe but Take an instant oatmeal pack and add an egg white. Makes serving for 1 pancakes. I tried it this morning and they were pretty good, kind of a dry texture though I used a point for some butter and syrup. A little different for breakfast.

Tina
01-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Mimi, I've never heard of oeatmeal in pancakes. Hmm... I don't know about that. :lol;

jar1965
01-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Good resolutions everyone~:carrot:

RockyMtGril - :welcome3:

Hope everyone had a great day! I totally stayed OP! woohoo! Day 6!

:dust:

auntie
01-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Ya'll have some good resolutions!!! I don't keep them so I don't make them. I do hope that I can get healthier!!!!

I got up and went swimming this morning. The gentleman that helped when I was first getting started was there. We were the only 2 in the pool. Actually, he was getting out when I got in. He watched me swim and gave me some pointers. Then he went to the sauna and then came back. I asked him something and he hopped back in the pool to show me. I had my personal swim lesson again :) Pat wondered what took so long. The guy said I was doing really well. Yea!

Oh, as soon as I walked in the house Pat said let's go. I had know idea where we were going. We ended up to the mall and to the movies. He never goes to the movies. We went to see Blindside. It was an incredible movie!!!! Oh, I loved it. Pat even said it was good. And Sandra Bullock is so cute! I want to look just like her when I grow up!!!

Hope everyone has or had a great day!

Tina
01-01-2010, 10:21 PM
I like Sandra Bullock, too. :) Congratulations on all the swimming.
You are an inspiration to all of us!

Tammy
01-01-2010, 11:22 PM
I think my goal for 2010 is to not get involved in too many things like I have over the past 1 1/2 years. I need to have downtime for me as well as activities. I am signed up for the next Chisel (aerobics class) at the Y, and I am also doing the Inch by Inch/Pound by Pound program. Kind of like Biggest Loser. I already went in for my weigh in and measurements. That reminds me that I am going to change my tracker back to zero AGAIN! I would love to lose 20 pounds by Tim's wedding, so I'll put a 20 on the tracker.

Maurice and I had a nice walk on the beach today. He is afraid of waves and seagulls.

jar1965
01-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Morning all!:coffee: Well the holidays are over and the hustle & bustle has ceased, so we should be able to get re-focused!

Susan & Tina - I really like Sandra Bullock too! And, I always wanted to look like her too! haha!

Tammy - funny about Maurice not liking the waves or the seagulls. He is so little he is probably afraid one (seagull) will swoop him up. haha!

Have a great day~! Drink your water & shake those booties!!! I'm doing well with the water but no so much with the exercise. That is todays goal!

Mimi4fun
01-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Tammy I love Maurice stories, I miss my dog so much still and its over 5 years now. PS seagulls scare me too especially when they (let) fly over your head.
Susan; great with the swimming. I bought a little blow dryer so I could get my swimming in too. (I now get a seniors discount :)) Great out of the blue date that was a nice surprise.
Tina Is the townhouse deal still going? If not I'm sure there is lots more out there. Consider sending flyers to others in the complex letting them know you are looking there.
Jeanne: great job staying on points. I have been struggling the last couple of days. I think that New Years eve meal switched my sugaraholic cravings back on. So I need some of that will power dust sprinked on me.
Maureen; isn't it so true that we forgive others so much easier than ourselves. Any time you need us just ask?? please??

Just listened to a fascinating lecture on fructose and the increasing obesity epidemic. I looked in my cupboard and so many foods have it in. Its no wonder we (Americas) are getting so much fatter. After listening to it I am vowing to ban the ingredient from my diet.

jar1965
01-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Mimi - interesting. I'm headed to my cupboards to check it out!

Ok, so I did the in home walk.....1 mile - I am sooooo outta shape that it was hard! I made my husband stay downstairs in the family room so he wouldn't see me struggling! Urgh!

Mimi4fun
01-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Great Jeanne, try to keep it up and it won't be such a struggle, so are you walking on a treadmill?

jar1965
01-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi Marion! No, I walked to the Leslie Sansone dvd! I totally stayed OP today too! It's almost 8:00 p.m. and I'm having a hard time staying outta the kitchen! Urgh! So, I jumped on here to see if I could distract myself! haha!

By the way...........I LOVE YOUR AVATAR PICTURE!!!!!

auntie
01-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Hi,
Oh back to work on Monday! Yuck!!

I went swimming again today. The gentleman that has helped me was just getting there too. He helped me again today. He told me I was doing really well and improving quickly. He said I should start being able to tell soon.I hope!!!!!

Mimi, I'm the same way about sugar or too many carbs. I then spin outof control! I really think there is something to it!

jar1965
01-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!! I am so excited!!! I had my official first weght watchers WI. (really 8 days, but I registered 7 days ago) and I lost a total of 6#! Ahhhhhhhhh! It was soooo hard. And I know 6# won't be the average but it was a good start!!!!:carrot::carrot:

Susan - Great job on your swimming!!!! Keep it up!

maureen kempster
01-03-2010, 08:17 AM
that's fantastic Jeanne-good for you the hard work was worth it

everyone have a great day-I'm going to take a walk to the store

maureen

Mimi4fun
01-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Wow 6 pounds is great! Keep up the good work.
Any day I walk I find it easier to cope with the cravings, and its a physical,not just a mental thing.
As for the carb/sugar thing. We haven't heard about it in the news much, but I really do believe that they (esp sugar) are addictive.
There are so many mysteries of our bodies that I am sure in my lifetime we will see the addiction connection. The lecture I watched yesterday was showing how our livers process fructose the same as alcohol. One reason I am giving all fructose products the back of my hand.

I took the new picture on skype, thats why its alittle grainy

Tina
01-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Happy Sunday!

I just started a new Weigh-In thread.

Jeanne, I'm so impressed with your weight loss. Fantastic!!!!!

Mimi, I'll have to check my pantry. I have bought fruit and yogurt that is in the frig.

Susan, that swimming will help you slim down in no time. It's nice to have a "cheerleader" at the pool. Oh, now I want to see that movie.

Maureen, how many more days until you can move?

The townhouse we want might not work out. The sellers and their realtor don't want to come down any more. They aren't getting any offers--but ours--so they ought to take ours. They might just take it off the market for now. Stupid move, I say!

auntie
01-03-2010, 04:59 PM
HI ALL,

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

Jeannie, You are doing awesome!!! :Bravo:

Maureen, we'll help you move?

Tina, Let US come talk to the sellers and realtor!!! They are stupid if they don't take your offer! I bet before it's over they will reconsider! Yes the movie was incredible!!! Lu my big sister went to see it after I told her how good it was!

Mimi, how are you doing?

Get this.... My cheerleader wasn't at the pool today. I swam an hour and 10 minutes. I worked on the things he told me to do. I was so tired when I got out. So I've been trying hard to do something in the evening too. Swim in the morning and then Wii at night. I remembered I had that 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels dvd. I put it on this afternoon, I thought I was going to die!!!!!! Starting tomorrow, I'll do the dvd in the morning and then swim after school. I should start seeing some results.

Oh, I've started chewing that Extra gum when I think I'm going to munch on something. It seems to be working. The polar ice is really good.

maureen kempster
01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
good evening all

Well, day 3 of a new year-I've been writing everything down that I eat & whatever walking I get in-yesterday I kind of fell off with some toffee so I threw the rest of the bag in the garbage. Today hasn't been too bad-went out 3 times about minimum half hour each for walking-went to the mall etc-the weather's been a bit cool-it's been snowing for 3 days.

I get possession of my place on the 15th & move in on the 30th-really looking forward to it now. My sister & I will move boxes over & unpack what we can before the 30th.
Well here's to another day and let's do what we can tomorrow

'til later

maureen

Tammy
01-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Some of these seagulls are definitely bigger than Maurice!

Mimi, I still miss Kramer, our first dachshund. He died 2 years ago this month.

Susan, that is so nice that man is helping you out and giving you confidence in how you've been doing.

Jeanne, 6 pounds is awesome!! Keep it up!!!

Tina, we'll be right there to help you take care of those people selling the townhouse.

Maureen, good for you for writing everything down. I usually go to sparkpeople.com and log in all my foods. I could have done that on this trip, but I didn't. I'll get back to it when I get home.

Did some laundry earlier. Excitement, right?

jar1965
01-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Morning everyone!

Maureen - good job keeping everything written down and getting out yesterday. I didn't leave the house once. Jessica & I thought about going to the gym this morning before we went to work but the YMCA is on a 2 hour delay because of the weather! go figure!:dizzy:

Tammy - Yay, laundry! haha! However, I have the front loaders. I got them right before Thanksgiving, and I LOVE THEM! Kinda funny the things you enjoy and appreciate as you get older!

Tina - anything going on with the townhouse?

Susan - hi! I'm so impressed with your swimming.

Mimi4fun - I sooooo agree about the sugar thing.

Have a great Monday!

jar1965
01-04-2010, 07:54 AM
PS - thanks for all the kind words and all the encouragement!!!!! I reallllllllly want this!!!!

Tina
01-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Happy First Monday of January!!! :D:D:D

Wow, it's cold outside. This is not south TX weather. :lol: We have a little cold and then lots of heat, even in "winter." Not going to happen this time though. We might get a mix of sleet and snow later on this week. Yikes! :o

Jeanne, what brand are your washer and dryer? Do they have all the bells and whistles on them? I ask because we left our old w/d in the old house. I want neat new ones for the townhouse. I think I'd better start looking around.

Tammy, watch those seagulls and Maurice. Did you see The Proposal? A big hawk was trying to take a little puppy up and away.

Maureen, I need a pedometer now.

Mimi, have a wonderful week. Is Dan the one who lives away right now? I know you have missed him.

Susan, are y'all going to have bad weather this week? Stay warm after swimming.

Heather, Halie, Dori, Sis, we miss you girls.

Tina
01-04-2010, 02:14 PM
So far, so good! :)

I started back exercising today. (I've been away from it for 2 weeks because of this yucky cold--it's almost gone.) I did 20 minutes on the treadmill.
I'm drinking liquids and have eaten very few points. I need to jump start my program.

Good luck to everyone today!!!
:hug:

RockyMtnGirl
01-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Sorry I've been MIA... whew, busy week!
Looks like everybody is having some great weeks with exercising and eating! Woohoo!
I've been doing well sticking to under 1300 calories a day, but I'd really like to make it 1200, so I'm working on that!
I've also fallen in love with making my own pita chips, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!
Yum, Yum!

Eek, lost track of time! Gotta get back to work!

Good Luck Today Ladies!

Tina
01-04-2010, 05:02 PM
RockyMtnGirl--will you please share your recipe for making pita chips!:^::^:

How many points???

jar1965
01-04-2010, 05:34 PM
mmmmmm, yes...please share!

Here's one I use for Sweet Potato Chips
POINTS« Value: 1
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 18 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients

1 large sweet potato(es), peeled
2 tsp vegetable oil
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste

Instructions
Preheat oven to 400║F. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.

Thinly slice potatoes in a food processor or by hand; they should be no more than 1/8-inch thick.

Arrange slices on baking sheets so they don’t overlap. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake chips until they begin to lightly brown, about 15 minutes. Cool on a rack and serve.

jar1965
01-04-2010, 05:41 PM
POINTS« Value: 3
Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 8 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Take this energy-packed treat with you when you head to the great outdoors.

Ingredients

1 cup(s) uncooked old fashioned oats
2/3 cup(s) dried cherries, chopped
1/4 cup(s) slivered almonds
1/4 tsp table salt
1 Tbsp Land O Lakes Stick Light Butter, or similar product, melted
1/4 cup(s) honey

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350░F. Line a sided sheet pan with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, stir together rolled oats, cherries, almonds and salt. Drizzle with butter and honey and toss thoroughly.

Spread mixture evenly on sheet pan. Bake, stirring occasionally to ensure even browning, about 20 to 25 minutes; let cool. Yields about 1/3 cup per serving. (You might want to double the recipe and store the mix for a few days in an airtight container.)

Here's another snack I really enjoy! Just thought I'd share! See how serious I am this time girls!

Tina
01-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Ooooh Jeanne,
I'll have to try yours!

RockyMtnGirl
01-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Not sure on points, but all I do is take pita bread, slice it up into wedges, spray a side with olive oil spray, sprinkle some of the Johnny's Garlic Seasoning, flip over, spray a little more olive oil, little more seasoning and then I crisp them up in my toaster oven at 400 (which I think is more like 350, lol... doesn't heat well) and if need be flip them... they usually only take 5 minutes or so cause I like them when they still have some softness to them...
You barely need any olive oil spray and seasoning, so be careful not to over-do!

Mimi4fun
01-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Those recipe ideas sound great, thanks ladies.
Lots of newbies at the meeting tonight, lots of big ones (like me). I hope they will do well
Jeanne I love your lil devil tracker cute.
I want to go swimming but can't until this darn toe heals over, and yes Dan is the one living in Northern Alberta. He has been very homesick since the beginning of December. He will have been there 11 months, thats not too bad for a first time away from home.

Tina
01-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Mimi, I missed something---what happened to your toe?????

auntie
01-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the receipes! Yum!!!

Get this!! I did 39 day shred this morning and swam for an hour after work. My muscles are killing me!!! However, I'll do it again tomorrow!

Mimi, just go get in the pool. People don't even watch you. Is funny because everyone is in their zone. What happen to your toe?

Tina, that's it! Re-engir ements are coming. The people are selling their house! :). Actually the onenext to us is for sell. You would have good neighbos!!!!

Tammy, it could be your winter place or summer!!!!

Alright, we live in Texas!!! Please stop sending your COLD weather here!!! I am ready for spring. Not suppose to be out of the 50's and 30's all week! I am sleeping with a tee shirt and sweat shirt on!!!! Brr!!!

Tina
01-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Good morning,
Susan, I would love to buy the house by yours. That way we could open up both houses for all the 3fatchickies to come down to TX!!!!! :)

I'm cold, too. By Friday, it'll be in the 20's. (you northerners stop laughing)

Hope everyone has a good day. Get some exercise. I'm going back to the exercise room to the treadmill.

Mimi4fun
01-05-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm all for coming down there, I'll even bring my own sleeping bag (like I ever really slept in one)
Sorry its so cold down there. When you aren't used to it or clothed for it the cold can be hard to take.
Here's a really dumb question?? do you have heaters in your home?

Tina
01-05-2010, 11:52 AM
LOL about the heaters. (Not making fun of your question)
Yes, we have central heat.

jar1965
01-05-2010, 02:29 PM
awwwww you poor southerners!!!! I'm sorry you're cold! :joker:
When I complain about the cold and snow, bob reminds me that we are the luckiest people on the planet. We have the best and most beautiful of all 4 seasons! I say...........yea, well you didn't just clean off my car!!!

Today I did get my 1 mile walk in on my lunch break and stayed op all day. Until.....now! Urgh! Someone dump out the darn candy gummie sugar plums! And I ate a square of chocolate that I am counting as 2 points! Ahhhhhhhhhh! :rollpin: I just got soooo darn bored!

I hope everyone else is having a great day and staying OP!

I think tonight is the first episode of Biggest Loser.......

Tina
01-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Jeanne, I feel your pain. I've got several squares of Godiva chocolate right here, staring me in the face.
I just ate a 4 pt. grilled chicken salad and am still hungry.

jar1965
01-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Oh Tina........maybe someone should give us both a kick!!!!!!! I LOVE Godiva! I actually bought the little tin of Godiva Choc. balls. Have you seen them? I'd have to look, but I think 8 are 25 cal. (they are tiny....but....soooo good)!
You know, I forgot that I got in the ww cappuccino cream melts for 1 point and put them in purse!!!!! Ok, gotta find my purse! haha!

Tina
01-05-2010, 09:48 PM
:dance: I'm very proud of myself. This afternoon, I overcame the urge to have chocolate--or anything that sounded good. :lol:
Tonght after supper, I had a WW chocolate frozen bar--1 pt.

I'm excited about weigh-in on Thursday.

maureen kempster
01-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Good for you Tina
I wish I could say the same thing-I've been binging on caramel popcorn-but again I threw the rest away-got to get this under control
talk to you tomorrow

maureen

Tina
01-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Happy Wednesday,
Wow, is it already Wednesday??? :dizzy:
Tomorrow the temp is going way down. I'm ready. I'm just going to stay inside tomorrow. :lol:

Friday morning I must have a crummy test and that means getting out in 20 degree weather. Yuck to the test and the weather.

On a lighter note----Maureen, yes, you ate caramel popcorn, BUT, you didn't eat it all. You through some away. That's wonderful that you could stop!!!!

How is everyone doing today?????????

jar1965
01-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi and yes....Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone had a great day. I totally stayed OP. I didn't get any exercise today, but have been shooting for every other day until I get a little better at it. ha!

Tina - good job on dodging that chocolate urge the other night!

Maureen - thats ok about the popcorn!;) Like Tina said, at least you threw some away!

Oh you know what I'm having problems with...........staying off the scale. Urgh! I jump on and then I am totally disappointed or beat myself up for something I may have done or not done!

Have a great night. I'm going to do some laundry, read, and head to bed around 9:00 tonight. I didn't sleep good last night. I have a darn sinus infection.

Oh........did anyone else watch Biggest Loser and if so, what did you think???

maureen kempster
01-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Hi everyone
Sorry about your weather Tina-for me that would be absolutely balmy-
Jeanne, you're doing fantastic-don't you agree that we're so good at rah rahing everyone but ourselves-that's one of my goals is to accept that I'm doing the best I can and just appreciate it
Not doing too bad with the food today-I might be a bit over but it's not junk food so I feel okay with it
I managed to go up and down the stairs at work today about 20 times-that's not all at the same time-that's through out the day-I'm keeping track it makes feel a bit better
well, I hope everyone is great

have a super evening

maureen

auntie
01-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi Ya'll.

The cold front hits here tonight. It's suppose to be in the 20's, rain and possiblity of ice and snow. Then tomorrow the high is suppose to be in the 20's and wind chills near 0!!! Way to cold for me!!!!

Maureen and Jeanne, I think we are always harder on ourselves! I'm one of the worst about beating myself up over little things. I've decided that I'm not going to weigh except once a month or at least try not to.

Tammy
01-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Maureen, our neighbor always makes us caramel corn for Christmas. It is the best that I've ever eaten. We brought one bag with us, and it is gone. The other bag is at home unless Tim has been eating it since he flew home. The bags are quart size ziplock bags. Wish they were 2 gallon size bags! lol

Tina, today has been a good day. Went for a nice ride around the island with Maurice in his little car seat. Stopped in a few shops, left him in the van. Packed some stuff tonight so I don't have to do so much in the morning before I leave.

Maureen, I don't feel so bad if I go over a bit if I know that the foods are good for me. Good for you for doing those steps.

Susan, good for you for staying off the scales! Not being able to weigh while I've been gone has been interesting. I just hope that I haven't gained lots when I do get home. With the program at the Y, we are going to weigh every couple of weeks.

I plan to head for Hilton Head between 10 and 10:30 in the morning. It's only 2-2 1/2 hours from here. Maurice will be going to the Evergreen Pet Lodge for while I am there.

I'll try to check in from there!! Stay warm ladies!!

Jeanne, I did watch Biggest Loser last night. I have never watched an entire episode, so last night was new for me. I thought it was ok, but I don't have anything to compare it to. Gave me some motivation to get moving more.

Tina
01-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Tammy, please be careful driving tomorrow. I'm sure Maurice won't be happy away from you again. Our animals are spoiled babies, aren't they.

Everyone stay warm.

jar1965
01-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Good Morning everyone! Have a terrific thursday. Good Luck at WI. Mine is Sunday. I may take a sneak peek and let ya know where I'm at!

Tina - We have a house rabbit and a dog and YES very spoiled babies! haha!

Ladybug2680
01-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Hello ladies.

I have decided it's time to get my behind in gear. I did my official weigh in today and so far I've stayed OP. I'm debating on whether or not to attend a meeting tonight or to continue doing it online.

Glad that everyone is doing well overall. Stay warm, drink water, and remember to get those booties moving.

Tina
01-07-2010, 02:50 PM
:dance: Dori, welcome back!!!!! :carrot:
Wow, it's good to see you here.

You're doing great. Meetings give you interaction with others but online is good, also.

jar1965
01-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Hi! Yay Dori!!! Welcome Back!!!!

Tina - I love your idea about changing your tracker to more reasonable goals! I'm going to do that right now.

Have a great night everyone! We are buckeling down for a big snow storm. They are are posting cancellations and things on tv for tomorrow already!

Talk soon!!

jar1965
01-07-2010, 06:29 PM
I just changed it........Now, that does feel better 7 lost - 18 to go VS. 7 lost - 50 to go!!!!!
Thanks Tina~!

Mimi4fun
01-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Wow everyone has been so busy, hope its not too cold for you.
I love that caramel corn too, here's a recipe I have sometimes when I feel the urge. Pop one of those 100 calorie bags and dump it in a big ziploc add a tablespoon of hot chocolate mix, or a tablespoon of sugar, and a good dash of cinnamon and shake shake shake.
Its great.
Internet has been down most of today so gotta go catch up.
Good luck tomorrow everyone.

jar1965
01-07-2010, 07:40 PM
mmmm, sounds good marion. I will definately try that (sugar&cin) for my snack tomorrow! Thanks!

auntie
01-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing well! It's a cold cold day in the Dallas area! It was 27 degrees and with a wind chill that put it in the teens. We had some ice so Pat drove me to school this morning. Tomorrow is suppose to be a high in the low 20's. I have special needs students that I have to put on and off the bus. BRR!!!!! It's not suppose to be above freezing until Sunday!

Tonight is a night for some GOOD football. University of Texas vs. Alabama!!! I'm a Longhorn girl but lived in Alabama as a kid. This is a game that I wouldn't mind if either won! I have a sister in law and nephews in Alabama.

I have been doing my 30 day shred in the mornings and swimming at night. I did the dvd this morning and am taking this evening off! I have cramps. Yea!

WELCOME back Dori!!!!! We have missed you!

I think we are all doing a great job! Let's keep it up!

jar1965
01-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Hi Susan! We're watching the game too!

GO TEXAS!!!!!! wooohooo!:carrot:

And.......at least the game is in california........they won't freeze to death!

Tina
01-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Go Texas!!!!!

Townhouse news---the other realtor wouldn't accept our new bid. He wanted to meet with us at the house. No Way! We have a realtor to take care of us. She's going to e-mail him that this is our offer--we're not going any higher.

auntie
01-07-2010, 09:50 PM
I think I need some medication!!!!! This game is killing me!!! I'm sure my blood pressure is up and I'm happy with either team. However, I just told Pat.... I'm more for Texas!!!! Of course!!!!

Tina, that guy is messing with ya'll. After no bites on his townhouse, he'll reconsider again!

Good girl Jeannie!!!! :)

Ladybug2680
01-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Glad that Alabama won, but a little upset that the QB for Texas didn't get to play. :(

It's a bit chilly here in Southeast GA. It rained this morning and since the temperature dropped there's a little bit of worry about ice. It appears as though the central heating unit for the school (it's 19 yrs old) isn't working that well at keeping the rooms warm. BRRR! Hopefully things will get better. Well I supposed I should run for now.

Everyone try to stay warm.

Tina
01-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Happy Friday,

It's not fair that the Texas quarterback got hurt at the first of the game. After playing all year, for this to happen, just didn't seem fair to him or his team.

Townhouse realtor news--this guy shouldn't be allowed to practice (if that's the correct term). When our realtor told him we would not sit down with him to talk, he ask our person what she was afraid of! The nerve of him!!!
He has lost a sale now.
Now it's back to the drawing board.

I'm not staying OP today. This morning I had pancakes and at lunch I had pasta salad that contained mayo. I guess I could say I used all my flex points. :lol:

Mimi4fun
01-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Oh man I don't blame you, how frustrating.
Is it still cold down there?
Sometimes you just need a blowout.

Tina
01-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks Mimi,
Yes, it is cold. It was 23 this morning and will be colder tonight.
We are not used to this. :)

maureen kempster
01-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Sorry about your townhouse Tina but you'll find something soon-I take possession next friday-I'm getting really excited now.
I don't believe how cold you sourthern ladies have been lately-I just got off the phone with my old boss in edmonton & she was telling me that her husband's not going back to Ireland yet because the weather over there has been just horrible also-wet snow etc & they're not used to that kind of weather either.

well, first week back to work after the holidays is over and I'm really going to try and stick to eating right. so far so good a few slips but nothing that I'm going to beat myself up about.

have a great evening and I'll be here over the weekend

maureen

jar1965
01-09-2010, 06:09 AM
Good Morning Ladies! brrrrrr, it sure is cold outside! You girls down south, I'm sorry for you too! Really, I am. I know we get our little northern jokes in, but......I'm sure you guys aren't used to it. It is so beautiful outside here. We have so much snow and to see it hanging in the trees and bushes is amazing.

Tina - what a rude realtor:p!!!!!! I wouldn't buy now either! But, like Maureen said - the right one willl come along! It's ok that you used your flex points - thats what they are there for!!!! Do you have any plans for the weekend or are you just staying in?

Maureen - It is so exciting, moving into your own place. Are you packed and ready??? Who is moving you?

Susan - funny about the medication! I didn't make it through the game. I fell asleep!

Dori - Hi! How is your weekend going?

Tammy - Hi! Hope you are having fun! Aren't you in the outerbanks this weekend???

Have a great day everyone! Drink your water and try to shake those bootys today! Tomorrow is 2 weeks for me! Urghhhhhhh! Excited to document my official WI with WW tomorrow!

jar1965
01-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi!~ Where is everyone this cold snowy saturday morning??? I know, I know......I can be such a pest. But.......when I think I'm going to eat.....I jump on here and the WW site to distract myself! Ahhhhhhhh! I must do this!
My daughters, jessica & katilin are taking me out to eat and to a movie tonight. I asked them if they wanted to eat at Taco Bell and they yelled at me! hahah! So, I guess we'll do Applebees! Then to see the Blind Side. Heard it was really really good.
Bob and I saw It's Complicated on Christmas and it was good too!

Well headed to the shower. Talk to you guys after the movie. I hope everyone is having a great day and staying OP!

auntie
01-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Oh my gosh Jeanne, The Blindside is the best movie!!!! Make sure you take some kleenex!!!!! Well, I cry at everything!!

Yea, it's pretty funny about the game.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Tina
01-09-2010, 09:52 PM
HI all,
Jeanne, I hope you enjoy the movie. One of these days, we'll get to one. :)

Okay get this----This morning we went to look at a townhouse that we'd seen several weeks ago. There was an Open House today.
We loved it!!!!! We called our realtor when we got home and she made an appt. for us to all go back this afternoon.
We made an offer on it. It's a gated community so we have to pay HOA. But, we really like it and its location.

Maureen, I know you are excited about closing and moving.
Tammy, I hope you're having a great time.
Susan, any swimming today? Our temp was above freezing but it still felt like it was in the 20's.
Dori, how are you doing? Did they get the heat going at the school?
Mimi, I don't eat much popcorn but will try your recipe.

Sis, Mtgirl, heather, harlie, how are you all doing?

Tammy
01-10-2010, 11:29 AM
I had a loooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg post here the other day, and it is gone. I am not happy.

Jeanne, have you tried the fresco items at Taco Bell? They are pretty good, and a healthier option than the regular items.

Tina, that is so exciting about the offer on the new place!!

Hilton Head is a very busy place, and this isn't even the busy season! I don't think I would want to be here then. I've hit lots of shops. Today I might just hang out and work on the bible study so when I get home I'll be with everyone else in the group.

Have a great day!

Tina
01-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Good day!
Tammy, that sounds like fun, going to all those shops. What's the weather like there?
It was above freezing in our area this morning. It'll go back down tonight to the 20's.
Taking it easy today. I need to go drink water!!!!!

Tina
01-10-2010, 08:30 PM
:bday2you: Jeanne :woo:
I hope you had a great day!!!!

auntie
01-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Hi,
My dad is in the hospital with a broken hip! Not sure when surgery is. Pat's birthday is Tuesday. I go fir my ultrasound and bloodwork that same day. Guess I'll plan on going down later this week.

Jeanne, brrrrr!!! We really aren't use to this cold cold weather. I don't even own a heavy coat. I just have jackets. I wouldn't survive up there. Hope you had a great day!

I don't know anything. What I do is a little rattled! Sorry! I think I'll try to go to bed a little early. I've had cramps for 4 days! Hope this abalation will make them go away! Not sure when that will be!

maureen kempster
01-11-2010, 05:50 AM
Good morning all

Susan I'll be thinking of you & your Dad
everyone, have a great day
Tina, keep us posted on the townhouse
maureen

jar1965
01-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Susan - i'll keep you and your dad in my prayers! :hug:

Hi everyone & Happy monday!

Tina
01-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Happy Monday,

Susan, have you heard anything new today about your dad?

:hug:

jar1965
01-12-2010, 05:38 AM
Hi everyone~ Just a quick fly by to say hi!!! Happy Tuesday to everyone!

exquisitern
01-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Hi all! I'd like to join your group if you don't mind. I'm a 52 year old mom with a 11 year old daughter. Going to go back to a Weight Watchers meeting on Thursday to weigh-in, though I've started back already doing points as of yesterday. Of course, the usual hunger pangs abound, just praying and trying. This is the largest I've been in over 15 years, I'm tired of seeing the scale go up and up.
Well, I look forward to conversing with everyone on here. My goal for the week is just to stay on points.

Donna

Tina
01-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Donna :welcome3:
We are glad to see you here!
Good luck with your weigh-in on Thursday.
Sometimes it seems overwhelming starting over again. I know! :dizzy:

Eat lots of low point foods during the day so you don't "give in."
If you don't like water much, get some decaf bubbly drinks. I find that the carbonation is what I crave.
I just bought some Special K protein bars. They are the smaller ones and are just 2 pts. each.
Eat fruit, lots of fruit!!!

You can do this.

Tina

jar1965
01-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi Donna!:welcome2:

Mimi4fun
01-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi Donna, YES we are glad to have you. I originally joined in 1996 and lost over 80 pounds then quit and watched 70 of those 80 creep back. Last October I rejoined and am going to keep it off this time.
Please stick with it, those first weeks are the hardest, but the hunger pangs will pass.
Welcome!

exquisitern
01-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the support everyone! Yes, I'm getting back into drinking water, though I'm not a water drinker, so I get sugar free koolaid and am trying to drink at least 3-16 oz. water bottles a day.

I've always been a horrible snacker when I'm at home in the evening. I can usually do pretty good in the day at work, but then it's whoops when I get home, so I've got some fiber one and fiber plus bars and low fat popcorn to help curb the snacking.

Everyone have a great day and I look forward to being in the group!

jar1965
01-13-2010, 06:09 AM
Good Morning Ladies! Woooosh! I made it through Tuesday tho it was tough! Boy, I wanted chocolate! I did have some, but "some" too much! I did get it counted into my weekly availabe points and that will be fine. But......I still feel bad!
We went to Red Lobster last night: Ceasar Salad - 6 Points
1/2 portion Tilapia - 4 Points
Double Broccoli - 2 Points
Bob & I split an order of Shrimp Cocktail - 2 Points = 14
I went there with 18 Points still available for the day. Woooohoooo! So I had that all figured out!

Well I'm going to do my walk at home video. Got new Nikes with some of my birthday money. NOT TOO mention - I had a $30.00 off coupon at Famous Footwear!!!!

Then headed to work! Everyone have a great day! Drink your water, eat your veggies and shake that booty!!!:grouphug:

Tina
01-13-2010, 09:27 AM
:bravo: Jeanne---you did good!!!!!

exquisitern
01-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Congratulations Jeanne! Sounded like a good meal too! I did pretty good except right at bedtime, I ate a couple of servings of Lays potato chips. I'm going to do better tonight. Those old temptations! Man, I hate them!
I do so good in the daytime, but I'm tired of this weight and I just have to keep working at it.

Mimi4fun
01-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Donna, I always keep a 4 points for a snack around 9 at night. I usually have a hot chocolate and either an apple, banana, or popcorn.
If you are like me there is no such thing as a few of my red light foods like COOKIES, chocolates, or any candy. I consider it my addiction and try to avoid because I KNOW I can't eat just one. Maybe potato chips are yours, if you can't resist them don't buy them.

Jeanne: good work at red lobster
Tina: any news on the townhouse
Maureen: good luck on the move, hope you get lots of friends to help
Susan: Hope everything is well
Tammy: are you home yet?

I signed up for a seniors Zumba class that starts on Friday morning, my son thinks it will be too much but it said all levels so I hope it will be ok. Its right across the street from one of my favourite bargain stores so I can combine the 2 on my bus trip. There is also swimming after the class but I still have to wait for this darn toe, although it is finally starting to heal! YAY

Tina
01-13-2010, 03:58 PM
First of all, Susan's father will have surgery on Friday. They can't do it sooner bacause of several factors.

Townhouse news----We have a signed contract!!!!!!! The inspector goes on Friday. Since the place has never been lived in, we hope nothing is found wrong!
Hopefully, closing date is Feb. 24th. :carrot: :carrot:

Mimi4fun
01-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Nice Tina I can hardly wait to see pictures.

Susan; I am thinking and praying fro your Dad every day. Also had a friend who had hip surgery on Monday so was thinking of both of them.

maureen kempster
01-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Susan-I'll be thinking of your Dad & you-
Tina-hurray on the townhouse-like Marion said-you'll have to post some pics
Donna-I understand totally about the night snacks-I too am ok during the day-then when I'm home I'm a disaster-with me I'm sure it's total boredom
Marion-way to go with the Zumba-when I move I think I'm going to invest in a treadmill
well, have a good evening all-
maureen

Ladybug2680
01-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Ladies - Just dropping in to say a quick hi. Things have been a bit hectic and I haven't been OP at all. However, with that said I'm back on the wagon and staying this time. This weight has gotta go. Gotta change my ticker as my starting weight has changed. I can do this (I must keep telling myself that).

Susan - I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Tina - Congrats on the townhouse.
Donna - Right there with you about the night snacks. Good during the day and then bomb out at night.

jar1965
01-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi ladies!

Tina - woohooo, yipppeeee! So exciting!:carrot:

Susan - continued prayers!:hug:

Marion - whats new girl???

Tammy - WELCOME HOME!!

Maureen & Dori - Hope you guys are having a great day!

Tammy
01-14-2010, 02:03 PM
I arrived home yesterday afternoon. Maurice ran around the house smelling everything then went to where his cage usually is (in the van still) and laid down for a nap. Nice to be home, but I am so happy that I chose to do the trip and now I know that I CAN do it by myself.

Welcome to Donna!!!! You will get lots of support and encouragement here. We can also solve all the problems in the world. Ok, maybe not. Yum to the Fiber One bars!

Jeanne, your Red Lobster meal sounds like what I usually eat there except I don't get the caesar salad. Yummy. Happy Late Birthday!

Mimi, I hope you enjoy Zumba as much as I do! I didn't sign up for this session since I knew I was going to be gone the first few weeks of it. Let me know what you think of it. If you can't keep up with the instructor, just modify and go at your own pace. There are times when I totally do my own thing!

Tina, woo hoo to townhouse! When should we come for a party? lol

Susan, prayers for your dad's surgery and a safe trip for you.

Maureen, we sold our treadmill and exercise bike when we moved to this home because we didn't think we had enough room. Now that it's just me here, I think I might think about one or the other.

Night snacks. On the trip, I ate fruit, vegies, yogurt at night. I come in last night, and there are potato chips here. Guess what I did? Pigged out. It is Tim's fault for buying them and leaving them here. On the trip I really do feel like I made some pretty good choices when I ate out. All the places had refrigerators and microwaves, so I was able to eat in quite a bit.

Back to the Y in the morning. I will be so out of it since I haven't done anything like that since before Christmas. I have done plenty of walking though. I think tomorrow is weigh in at the Y, so I'll be able to see what kind of damage I've done over the past 3 weeks while I've been gone.

Tina
01-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Afternoon,
It's nice to see you back with us, Tammy!!!!!

Partytime will commence the end of March. :):):) Don't expect too much living room furniture. (We've got to buy all new.) Hey, that'll give us more room to party!

I still have our treadmill. I'm not sure where to put it yet. 2 bedrooms instead of 3 means cramming in the available spaces.

exquisitern
01-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Good Morning all!

Went back to Weight Watcher's meeting last night, so I changed my avatar to reflect my meeting weights. I always weigh more in the evening what with having to wear shoes and clothes! LOL But it's all good! I went and bought some good veggies, fruits, low cal bread and such. I stayed in points yesterday, which was a plus.

Thanks for the support from everyone and the hints.

Tina- Congrats on the new home!
Tammy- Thanks for the support. I going to start going back to my fitness place this week too. Trying to start out slow and build up.
Dori- I'm right there with you on sticking to the plan! Go girl!
Maureen- Thanks for the support! I need it!

Everyone have a great day!

Ladybug2680
01-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Girls I know I have vented before, but dangum...why do I have such a hard time staying on the wagon? It's absolutely frustrating. I know what I need to do, but fail to do it. *sigh*

Tammy
01-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Tina, it's nice to be back. Put the treadmill where you will use it. I know you will so really you don't need it out in plain sight.

Hey! I just came through Tennessee. I should have stopped in Memphis and we could have hung out!

Dori, we all know what to do. I don't know why we don't. Gets disgusting and disappointing after a while.

Mimi4fun
01-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Tammy I just got home from first Zumba. I think it might be a four letter word.
This carrot is better coordinated than me.:carrot::carrot::dizzy::carrot:
Thats me in the middle.
I can't decide what hurts more my back or my calves.
Hopefully I will be ok tomorrow.:^:

jar1965
01-15-2010, 07:14 PM
TGIF!!!!! I'm tired!

Hey you girls down south - I saw on tv you guys were going to be in the 60's today! Wooohooo! Hope it got there for ya!

Tammy - so glad you are home~! Funny little Maurice sniffing everything! Too cute!

Marion - Good job getting to Zumba! I need to do something like that!

Dori - I SOOOOO UNDERSTAND!!! I get so mad at myself sometimes! Keep your chin up and know that we are here for you! :hug:

Donna - Good job getting the "good" foods into your cupboards! I so agree about the weighing more at night meetings than in the morning! :dizzy:

Maureen - hi! Hope things are starting to warm up for you! Are you packing????

Susan - continued prayers! Think of you every day!

Well have a good night.

Tina
01-15-2010, 11:10 PM
TGIF to everyone!
It's nice to have a weekend. I hope it's calm and relaxing for everyone.

Susan, sent a short e-mail wanting everyone to know that her dad did fine during the surgery. He's in ICU and today was going to get up and walk with his walker. That sounds good, doesn't it!

Mimi, I'm sorry but I had to laugh at you and the carrots. I hope you use some heat and Tylenol to feel better. :hug:

Dori, we are human. We just have to keep after it.

Donna, will you come re-stock my frig?

Tammy, how was the Y? Has Maurice settled back into his routine? How is Tim? Is he graduating in May?

Jeanne, we are having rain and more rain. The highs are in the 50's. That's better than the 30's.

Maureen, I'll bet you are very, very tired tonight. Packing and moving----yuck, I have that coming.

We had the townhouse inspected this afternoon. He took 2 1/2 hours. He didn't find too much wrong. Would you believe, the jacuzi bathtub doesn't work at all!!!! There were more things that can easily be fixed.....no leaks or anything else major. It was built in 2009 so it better be pretty good.

maureen kempster
01-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Hi all
Glad to hear Susan's Dad is doing ok
Mimi-good for you and the Zumba classes-now would someone please tell me exactly what these classes are? they sound exotic!
Tina-glad your inspection went well
I got the keys this morning-after work my sister & her man took me to pick up the laminate flooring-we got half tonight we'll get the rest tomorrow morning. I also picked up a light fixture for the dining area and I saw the dining room set I'm going to pick up-I'll be moving in on the 30th-one of my brothers is getting a truck from work and he'll move me-I am tired-this coming week my sister & I will bring over as many boxes as we can and start the unpacking-I'll be glad when this is over.
hope you all have a great weekend

Mimi4fun
01-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Tina; the carrots are funny but believe me I looked funnier. I don't know if my feet will ever move fast enough. Will the jaccuzi be covered under warranty since its a new home?

Maureen; Zumba is a latin dance moves exercise class, I am NOT very good.Hope the move goes well, just remember to take good care of yourself and try not to stress too much, everything will work out.

Susan; I am so glad to hear your Dad is well and the faster he gets up and moving the better he will be.

Jeanne; Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend. Do you have extra work to do because of Valentine's day coming?

Tammy; back among your friends, so what do you have planned next, or are you taking a little time to breathe. Wish you could come and exercise with me.

Dori; been there done that, forgiving ourself is harder than forgiving others, maybe you could think of a smaller short term weight loss goal? Right now I just want to get out of the "morbidly" obese classification (for me less than 235). Then I will set another small goal.

Tammy
01-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Mimi, don't give up on the zumba. Just do what you can. I figure if I'm moving, I am using up calories. It would be so much fun to be in the class together! Then you could see what a klutz I am doing these classes.

For right now, I don't have any plans to take off again. I am helping out the innkeeper at the bed and breakfast where we go every year in December. She mentioned that she wanted to get her recipes organized into a binder of some kind. She said she had started doing it a couple of years ago. I told her I would be glad to help. You should see the stack of recipes she gave me! She has many printed off the internet. If they are in good shape, I am putting them in plastic sleeves, then into a 3 ring binder. If not in good shape, I am retyping them. I'm trying to organize them: breakfast casseroles, coffee cakes/breads/buns, beverages, fruit dishes, etc. I almost have the breakfast ones finished. She has oodles of cake and pie recipes, so I'll be working on that too, trying to organize according to flavors.

I can't get myself organized, but this is fun doing it for someone else. I am the Secretary for our county Emmaus group. Last year was my first year. All of the minutes are printed, but they are all in a stack on the bookshelf instead of in a binder.

Tina, the Y was good. Nice to see the gang again. I was pleased with only gaining .4 after the last weigh in before Christmas there. Maurice is back to "normal" now. Tim is doing great! Graduation is kind of up in the air right now. It's a loooonnngggg story.

Will they get the tub working now that you know that? If I had one, I would want it to work, that's for sure. So glad that there were no big issues to deal with!

Maureen, you are going to be totally pooed out when this is all over, but then you can relax in your new place. We'll be ready for a slumber party. We'll have to go to Tina's for one too!

Lazy day today. Maurice and I got up, ate breakfast, and napped. I like naps! I have started putting my foods into Sparkpeople again to keep track of what I am eating daily. My scales and the ones at the Y weighed the same yesterday (same type of scales too!). I will be weighing once a week here at home. I hope I can just do it once a week instead of jumping on each morning. I already jumped on this morning, and I was pleased, but I won't change my butterfly till it's an official day. Maybe. LOL

Tina
01-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Hi,
Mmi, we don't have to worry about a warranty for the tub. We are still in the "10 day option period" so they have to fix everything or we can just back out of the deal. We have the upper hand right now. :)

Tammy, you are brave doing all that recipe work.

Maureen, you sound so organized. I've been going through old magazines looking at furniture and lighting. Some day, we'll buy some kind of chandelier for over the dining table. Not soon, though. :lol:

Everyone have a good evening.

maureen kempster
01-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Hi everyone

Tammy, the slumber party sounds good right now-my place does have a fireplace-so it would be nice-lol
Tina-I'm the most unorganized person I know-I work with a young lady that bought a place in the summer-she's so organized she had her boxes colour coded!! I got some boxes from another lady I work with who just moved-there's tape on the boxes "bedroom" "living room" "kitchen" etc-well I'm packing whatever in these boxes-no rhyme or reason-when I open them at the other end it will be Christmas all over-I have no idea what' s in what box!!!-I just figure I'm not moving into a mansion it won't be that difficult to carry something from the kitchen to the bedroom. Oh well it'll be fun

talk to you tomorrow

maureen
P.S. my floors are starting to look nice-we pulled out the carpeting and the underlay in the livingroom/dining room and Gilles started installing the laminate-it's walnut and I think it's going to look just great

Mimi4fun
01-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Sounds nice Maureen, does it have a nice dark stain?
Tammy, why not type the recipe name or ingredients onto a search engine, then if you find it you can print another off. I am a hopeless at typing
Tina, thats good those tubs are ok (nice and deep) but better if the jets work.

auntie
01-17-2010, 01:00 AM
A very quick hello. Thank you for all the prayers for Daddy! We still need them coming. He is still in ICU because they don't have an open room. Probably a good thing, he is talking nonsense and seeng things. He called early this morning in distress! Wanted me, my oldest brother and lawyers. I was there in less than 30 mins, I called Chuck and he was on the way. He was having a reaction to the pain pills (3 in 3 days) No more for him!! He calmed down when I got there and even more when Chuck arrived. Poor baby!! He has been crabby all day! Nothing was right!
Well off to bed because tomorrow will be an early day I'm sure!

Night

Mimi4fun
01-17-2010, 11:30 AM
That talk and seeing things is a result of the pain killers too. Having had them myself I know how real what you are hearing and seeing is.
Glad they are keeping him in ICU. My thoughts are with you.

Tammy
01-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Maureen, I think the fireplace would be a great touch for the slumber party!! Great news about the new flooring!

Mimi, the innkeeper has many recipes for each food, and they all have something different about them. I'm a pretty good typer, so it really doesn't bother me. I think there are at least 15 apple pie recipes. No 2 are alike.

Susan, my friend's mother was in the hospital before Christmas, and she had the same type of reaction from the pain pills. Keep us posted on things!!

Went to a Lia Sophia jewelry party. I hate to say no to people. Decided to order a couple of things, and give one to a friend. I don't wear jewelry like I used to when I was teaching. I guess I could start getting all dressed up for the Y!

Tina
01-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Susan, I'm so sorry that happened---the meds reaction!
You take care of yourself.

jar1965
01-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi everyone! Well.................jessica & I along with 2 of my girlfriends signed up for Zumba classes! OMGosh! What did I do!?!?! hahaha! Jessica and my girlfriends are soooo excited. I'm not so sure! But, i must try!

Gotta go clean up the dinner dishes! Stayed totally OP again today! I love the 1 POINT WW Mini Bars, chocolate & carmel! They help so much when you have a hunger pain!

Have a great night everyone!

Susan - continued prayers for your dad!

Mimi4fun
01-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Jeanne those classes will be a lot more fun when you have friends to laugh with you.

TADA reached my 10%

Tina
01-19-2010, 10:02 AM
New thread now!
Do not post here!
Thank you! :D

exquisitern
01-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Good Afternoon all!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I stayed on points all weekend except Friday night when I went to the movies. I ate about 1/2 a bucket of buttered popcorn. I hope my 35 extra points covered it! Anyway, otherwise, I've done good. I even walked twice for 25 minutes. My legs are sore, but I know it will get better. I used to walk 3-4 miles at a time. I did good to get over a mile. I made my goal to walk 3 times this first week.

Everyone take care.

Donna