South Beach Diet - Beacher's resolutions and goals

View Full Version : Beacher's resolutions and goals

TwynnB
01-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Okay, I was thinking that 3fc made me more accountable for my diet. And, maybe if I wrote it down, make me more accountable for my 2010 goals? Anyone else?

Okay, mine are:
**get the house more organized. Hmmm.
**Run a half marathon. Don't have to be fast, just have to do it!
**work on my patience level. This might take divine intervention!

Anyone else?

Lexxiss
01-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Twynn

I'm always trying to get the house more organized...and it is, I have a tendency to keep raising my standards, though.

My first goal is to make it to 1 year OP, which is why I didn't eat the yummy corn chips in the cupboard last night. That is an attainable goal...AND THEN...keep going.

I'm getting back into list making. When I ran our sawmill, I was the list queen....in multiples....I'm looking forward to the new sense of organization that comes with a list.

I was already working on getting the dogs out more, but it's sure a hard time of year for that. We'll try today anyway.

Patience.....my best wishes go out to you! Half marathon...you can do it....and we can all cheer you on!

tomandkara
01-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Good idea, Twynn! My goals for this year:

*Read to the kids every day - I've been slacking on this and it's so important, for all of us. They love to hear stories and I love the stress-free time that we have together. I'm thinking of reading to them while they eat lunch because trying to fit it into the bedtime routine hasn't been working out.

*Do a daily devotional time with Tom - He doesn't know about this yet. I probably should tell him. :D

*Focus on maintenance - I'm pretty good at losing weight, and super fantabulous at gaining it back, but I pretty much stink at maintaining a loss, so that's what I want to focus on this year. However slow it comes off, I am concentrating on KEEPING it off! Enough of this same ten pounds up and down all over again! ENOUGH I SAY!

*Get birthday cards and presents out on time - I was SO bad about that last year and I need to redeem myself.

Karrebeaar
01-01-2010, 11:53 AM
I really don't want to call mine resolutions more like improvements

** Continue to stay focused on my weight loss, care about myself **

** Organized my house and keep it that way **

** Put and Extra Effort at work **

TwynnB
01-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Hey Kara- my friend bought my husband and I the "love dare" daily devotional...seems pretty nice!

Kim_Star060404
01-01-2010, 12:46 PM
I'll have to think about that a bit more before I make a "real" contribution. I know what I want to do, just not how to word it. I do know that 2010 is the year of ME!

sjohnson102006
01-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Great goals and resolutions guys. Here are my resolutions for 2010:

1) Take better care of myself and appearance (includes weight and to put some effort into my appearance when I leave the house).

2) Procrastinate less (Lord help me with this, PLEASE!)

3) Continue to help out around the house more (which I have been doing lately)

4.) Exercise at least 4-5 days per week.

tomandkara
01-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Tammy, we actually have one. It was given to us when we did our pre-wedding counseling twelve years ago. :) It's been patiently sitting on the shelf ever since. Don't tell the pastor!

jenne1017
01-01-2010, 05:39 PM
I have two:

1) end the year thinner and more fit than I started it
2) More "me" time: not staying at work late and coming in early every day, taking time to read fun books on the metro, making sure I am studying but having fun on weekends too...

Chelby29
01-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Good idea, Twynn! My goals for this year:

*Focus on maintenance - I'm pretty good at losing weight, and super fantabulous at gaining it back, but I pretty much stink at maintaining a loss, so that's what I want to focus on this year. However slow it comes off, I am concentrating on KEEPING it off! Enough of this same ten pounds up and down all over again! ENOUGH I SAY!

WOW, Kara, you said that well. That is EXACTLY my problem. I am always gaining or losing. NEVER maintaining! That may be my goal -- to maintain what I lose.

tomandkara
01-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Ooooo, Michelle, I sense an accountability opportunity!!!

TwynnB
01-01-2010, 08:14 PM
What I'd like to do is have this resurface at the end of the year, and see if we accomplished our goals!

(I'd also like to run at least 600 miles this year...)

tomandkara
01-02-2010, 04:48 AM
We should do a month check-in. Maybe whoever remembers on the first of every month could start a thread.

Hello Nurse
01-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Here are mine:

1) Clean/straighten up the house daily (I have made a daily "chore chart" for hubby and me to follow, seems juvenile but helps keep up with what needs doing

2) Attend mass every week

3) Lose a minimum of 50 lbs and keep it off

4) Make use of the gym membership we are paying for, at least 3 times per week

dreaminstacy67
01-03-2010, 05:06 PM
okay i wanna join this too lol......

1. get organized. my life, the house and the kids.

2. stay on plan, and if i cheat, make it small and get over it.

3. patience.. this is a biggy... i have none therefore i need to find some. with 6 kids it aint gonna be easy.

4. think positive.

5. tell those who i love that i love them. i already do this, im the most mushy person i know, but i want to continue loving.

there... its written down so now i have to stick to it lol. :coffee: CHEERS!!

:dust: for all of us lol

grneyedmustang
01-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Hey everyone! Happy 2010! I thought I'd add to this list! :)

1. Keep my new apartment clean and organized.
2. Get my finances in better shape.
3. Get my butt back on plan 100% with south beach
4. (Tied to number 3) Get below 200 pounds
5. Commit myself to do better in my career. Learn a new skill or get a new certification for work.

Mmckellen
01-06-2010, 07:29 AM
I will chime in too

1. Successfully make it through Phase 1 and transition into Phase 2 and Phase 3. I can do it!
2. Spend more time really listening to my 5 year old.
3. Take a deep breath before I write an angry email
4. Be nicer to hubby :dizzy:
5. Stay debt free
6. Attend church more regularly
7. Organize photos, both online and hard copies. Be better about downloading photos from camera and sharing.

I'm sure there are more that will come to me!

JMBC
01-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Here are my resolutions:
1. Take control of my weight
2. Cook & eat at home
3. Get my finances under control & organized
4. Spend more "fun" time with my hubby & son :)

WaistingTime
01-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Oh I hate resolutions. But I am going to join in because this time I really do plan to change my eating habits for good and I have read that if women make their goals public they are more likely to attain them!

My goal is to get down to my ideal weight (again) and stay there!

I have lots of other things I am going to work on too; I could use a lot of improvement. If I started to list them all I'd get stressed and you'd get bored:)

murphmitch
01-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Get back to my maintenance weight.

Exercise more (including weights).

Pay off Christmas bills.

Hot Harmony
01-08-2010, 12:14 AM
I love resolutions and i always come close to getting them done by the end of the year.

Mine this year are:
1. Loose 40lb this year (130 lbs)
2. Run road ends 5 mile in under 1 hour
3. Save $5,000
4. Qualify for a mortgage
5. Teach my son 10 new ASL signs this year (he's 1 and he knows 4 already)

It would be great to revisit this at the end of the year!

nomena
01-08-2010, 06:17 AM
I like this topic and it gives me a lot to think about!

I was the type that is always over planning so I realized that I have to relax in some ways. But to make a long story short I will try to (i don’t like resolutions too!):

1. Have more off and fun time
2. Pay more attention to my appearance and not only when I go out but when I stay in also! Take more effort to better iron my wardrobe and clean my shoes.
3. Play more sports every week (that is fun for me)
4. Eat healthy and nutritious food which nourishes my body
5. Have more “live” time with my friends and family. Forgot about facebook, MSN and so on!

I think that is a lot! 

Sheba's Mom
01-08-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm not into resolutions either but I have been working on not eating my emotions for most of last year.

My goal:
Continue to not let me emotions rule my eating habits.

So far first emotional hit of the year was a success. I went home and walked the dogs and went to a church meeting without eating anything that my body didn't need to have for a nutritious dinner. YEA for me!!:carrot::dance::broc::cheer: