100 lb. Club - An attitude of gratitude.

View Full Version : An attitude of gratitude.

Beverlyjoy
01-01-2010, 08:21 AM
An attitude of gratitude...

For the past 10 years or so - every morning, I've written down five things for which I am grateful. Most days it's easy. Some days, not so easy. But, it always puts things into perspective. No matter how good or bad things seem to be - there are always things to be grateful for.

Got five to start out 2010?

Beverlyjoy
01-01-2010, 08:26 AM
mine:

- The last four days have been sane and healthy with food. I did so well last night at the party and didn't feel deprived. For these I am so grateful.

- DH loves his new job and they like him very much too and appreciate his talents and experience. It was scary when he was let go last February - but, something wonderful came of such a hard time.

- My grandson (22 months) loves to talk to me on the phone. Since he lives in another state so I LOVE that he talks to me on the phone. He loves to dance to any music - at Christmas I taught him some disco moves. It is hilarious. He is a joyful child.

- 3fc - your continual support, kindness, ideas, and shared experiences are amazing.

- my friends and family

time2lose
01-01-2010, 09:56 AM
I love this thread of yours. Mine

- My grandsons and being able to be active with them. I was afraid that I would be limited to sitting in a chair and reading to them but now I can play with them!

- Feeling of well-being, even though I am still obese, I feel great!

- USA - still a great country to live in

- my city that gives me access to good food at reasonable costs

- the roof over my head

rockinrobin
01-01-2010, 10:01 AM
-my two future son-in-laws
-heat (it's been COLD here)
-to be able to have/buy/cook healthy scrumptious foods
-my computer
-determination and perseverance

Jen415
01-01-2010, 10:06 AM
1. I weigh 14 lbs less than this day last year.
2. I have a plan.
3. I have loved ones in my life who support me on this journey.
4. I ate well last night at the party and didn't drink.
5. I have confidence that I can do it this time!!

chewysmom
01-01-2010, 10:36 AM
1-I'm grateful I was able to stay up w/ dd (9) to ring in the New Year. She had been asking me to do it for a week, and I kept telling her no. (My eyes start drooping about 8:30 ;)). But I did it, and it was so nice to be able to share that with her.
2-My kids-they are everything to me, and such sweet spirits
3-Jesus :)
4-My husband-we've been through a lot during our marriage-the death of a child, my family disowning me, etc-and he has stuck by me and been my champion through it all.
5-My job. I sit here dreading going back to work tomorrow, but then I think-there are SO many people who would give anything to have my job. How can I not be thankful that I have it??? It has allowed me to be able to stay at home w/ my children during the week so we could first avoid daycare, and then so that I could homeschool.

:)

thistoo
01-01-2010, 02:22 PM
1) My parents. I got really lucky in that department.

2) My workout partner, aka my sister. Without her pushing me I never would have gotten this far in my weight loss, and nowadays I'm the one pushing her, so that's awesome.

3) My best friend, who is always in my corner, even when I'm being a big whiner.

4) Discovering my inner strength. That has been an amazing revelation.

5) Learning to count my blessings. Again, a revelation that has made a huge difference in my outlook on life.

cathydoe
01-01-2010, 02:51 PM
What an awesome thread, thank u!

This is actually making me tear up...

*my husband, my best friend
*Colleen, who takes over for me at work so I can work on me!
*that the compulsion to eat is lifted and I am learning tools to inspire me when it returns :)
*I weigh less in 1/1/10 vs 1/1/09 (never would of dreamed it!)
*my new friend Heidi on 3FC

Mikayla
01-01-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm grateful for:

My husband, my friends, my family.
Having a job that I actually like.
Being able to exercise with ease.
Being able to afford all of my bills.
and of course I am grateful for having the opportunity/ability to lose 80 lbs in 11 months!

gloo
01-01-2010, 03:58 PM
I love this thread too.

Mine:

The love and support of my wonderful boyfriend, family and awesome friends.
We're still gainfully employed. In our industries and in this economy, it's nearly miraculous.
A roof over our heads and food on our table.
Music. Every day of my life I'm thankful for music.
Our dogs. There is no love more unconditional and pure than the love of those puppies.

lilith38
01-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Great idea:)
1. My sisters.
2. That I can live in the country and enjoy all the beauty that surrounds me every day.
3. My pets who make me smile at least once a day.
4. My nephews, whose lives I've been honored to be a big part of.
5. My home.

Last but not least I am grateful to have found this wonderful forum.

Windchime
01-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Love this thread!

1. My sister, who is also my best friend
2. My family (children and parents) are healthy and happy
3. I have a job that I like and allows me to pay my bills without worrying too much about money
4. I weigh 55 pounds less than I did a year ago today; I still can hardly believe it
5. I live in a safe place with clean water, access to medical care, and plentiful food.

dragonwoman64
01-01-2010, 04:49 PM
very nice thread

I'm grateful

1. for my friends and loved ones (and cat Chloe)
2. for good health
3. that I weigh less this year than last
4. that I live in a place I love and enjoy in many ways
5. that I have the spirit to move forward in difficult times, and have people to support me

Loving Me
01-02-2010, 07:18 AM
This is a great thread. I often find I feel down and should think of things I'm grateful for rather than things I'm unhappy with.

1. I lost 50lbs in 2009. I NEVER imagined I'd be able to do that.
2. Since losing my job at the end of 2008 DH has worked hard to ensure I can stay home, which in turn has enabled me to concentrate on me and so lose the weight.
3. I have a warm, clean and comfortable home to raise my family.
4. Since losing weight I have more energy to keep my home nice and do things with my family.
5. I can finally look in the mirror and not hate what I see all the time. Lately mostly I actually quite like the girl in the mirror!

SNMomof1
01-02-2010, 08:36 AM
1 - My daughter and her stability. Each day gets easier.
2- The support and love of a wonderful man.
3 - My allergy pills that kicked in so I'm not an itchy mess!
4 - Feeling like there IS light at the end of the tunnel.
5 - I'm not feeling TOO groggy this morning. :)

Beverlyjoy
01-02-2010, 09:21 AM
this morning:

- Yesterday was a healthy and sane day with food. I am so grateful.

- Getting to see my littlest cousin, Olivia, yesterday. She's two and a whipper snapper! She was born with a hole in her heart. It mended on it's own over time, thankfully.

- the pretty snow scene from my window as the sun rises.

- I am feeling so much better than a week ago. I was so dark inside then and now I feel bright.

- friends, family, 3fc, internet, cell phones, too

salsa chip
01-02-2010, 09:37 AM
- Waking up to snow this morning - beautiful!

- Friends who come up with crazy plans, think "Salsa'll like this too," and then invite me along <3

- That I've started January well, the scale is going in the right direction, and I'm doing my best to become healthy.

- I live in a country where I feel safe and where I'm able to earn a salary sufficient for my needs.

- That I'm getting better every day.

Passionista
01-02-2010, 09:59 AM
1) I honestly believe that I am capable and will succeed at what I put my mind to.
2) I can afford a gym membership thanks to getting financial assistance for it.
3) I will be able to get all the classes I want for school since I have an early registration date.
4) I have a safe, clean, mostly quiet place to live that I can afford.
5) I have a couple of people who are there for me, that really care about me and wish to see me succeed.

CJZee
01-02-2010, 10:06 AM
1. That there are people like Beverlyjoy who start threads like this that help us realize the beauty and happiness in life.

2. My lovely fiance who protects me and loves me despite my contrarian notions, small fits and sometimes whiney voice (note to me: get rid of whiney voice).

3. My gorgeous island ... what a wonderful place to live!

4. Being blessed at this time in my life with a second career as an artist who can actually make a (small) living at it!

5. The learning I have done in this past year that has allowed me to lose almost 60 pounds and has given me the certainty and clarity that makes me know I will continue to lose and get healthier in 2010.

LizR
01-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Today I want to say how thankful I am for my son's school. He is 7 and has severe autism and MR. The public school said he was uneducatable and the teacher began to treat him poorly so we moved him to a special private school. He has learned to read over 100 words and is so happy to go to school every day. It is such a blessing to know that my son is being treated with compassion and respect at school and is learning so much too! :D

Momto2Ms
01-02-2010, 10:53 AM
I love this!

1. My relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. My babies.
3. My husband.
4. My parents and sister.
5. My job.

Bazz Major
01-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Awesome thread!

The five things I'm grateful for --

My amazing boyfriend of four years, Michael.
My family and friends, wouldn't know what to do without them!
I still have my full health :]
I'm enjoying college and life in general.
The safe arrival of my gorgeous niece on New Year Day.

Jen415
01-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Today's five things:

1. A hot chocolate treat that is only 50 calories
2. 2 lbs down from yesterday
3. My own lovely apartment, where I can rearrange my furniture as much as I want
4. My cute little English Muffin who makes me laugh
5. A mile walk out in the brisk air this morning

rockinrobin
01-02-2010, 02:54 PM
-to have today to devote to straightening up and re-organizing my home. Ahhh.
-my new fleece jacket that's been helping to keeping me warm inside my home. I'm colder than everyone here. Drats.
-my delicious treat of SF/FF yogurt, semi frozen with Fiber One cereal that I'll be eating shortly.
- going out tonight with great friends to a comedy club and not being nervous about them making fat jokes aimed at me or any one for that matter. though it still makes me squirm, just not NEARLY as much. why do comedians think it's okay to pick on overweight people???
-my resistance band
-

time2lose
01-02-2010, 03:28 PM
- my warm home on a cold day
- DH who is painting a test wall in the kitchen so that I can decide if I like the color
- DS who is putting away the Christmas tree
- a kitchen stocked with healthy food
- a church full of loving people

Beverlyjoy
01-03-2010, 09:05 AM
This morning I wrote down:

- willingness to try and a string of healthy days - I am so grateful.

- even though I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday. - I was willing to take the meds and I know I'll be OK in a couple of days. The side effects of this medicine can effect weight loss so, of course, I don't want to take. But, I did and am grateful because I feel better today. Mind and scale games again.

- Grandson told me that Daddy made him a castle out of the TV box. He was so excited.

- DH listened to me on something important. He can be so stubborn at times.

- friends, family 3fc, internet, cell phone.

Jen415
01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Today's five:

1. Discovering a new delicious treat! (adding unsweetened cocoa powder to Fage yogurt and adding some stevia and a few walnuts--YUM)
2. Living in Florida as opposed to anywhere else north of me (less cold here, but still cold nonetheless!)
3. being able to work from home
4. finding some old pictures of me
5. the smell of my apple candle as it burns

Hello Nurse
01-03-2010, 06:08 PM
1) My husband
2) DH and I both have great jobs that we do not hate that are secure, pay the bills and allow for us to live very comfortably and also have the things we love, like 5+ acres, horses and pets.
3) My old horse, who is 23 and has been with me since he was 2, is healthy and aging gracefully, despite some chronic health problems
4) I have the best dog in the world. He gives hugs and sings to me!
5) My mom has her type II diabetes under control, without meds. She has worked very hard for this and I am very proud of her!

time2lose
01-03-2010, 10:21 PM
1- My pregnant daughter is doing well
2- Indoor plumbing!
3- Size 8 underwear
4- A Sunday afternoon nap with my cat sleeping on top of me
5- I have a job to go to tomorrow even though I am not wanting to go right now.

northerngirl73
01-03-2010, 10:56 PM
1 - my wonderful sister who I only get to see a few times a year - she loves me even though I feel like a disappointment to her
2 - getting to sleep in my neice's bed on Christmas Eve - even though she kicks
3 - knowing that I will finish my second novel this year
4 - getting to go the the RT writers conference this year
5 - my fabulous new government job

Beverlyjoy
01-04-2010, 05:07 AM
for today:

- over a week of food sanity, healthy choices and more - I am so grateful.

- the pretty snowman my grandson made me. I smile every time I see it. I am keeping it out all year.

- willingness to try - I am so grateful

- DH went over to my mom's and got her frozen car door open and fixed her vacuum cleaner - she's glad.

- friends, family, 3fc,

rockinrobin
01-04-2010, 07:02 AM
-the kitchen sink - that's where I dumped the remainder of the pint of ice cream that I bought the other night - what WAS I thinking?
-the great big pot of delicious veggie soup that I made yesterday that my family and I enjoyed and we'll get to enjoy for the rest of the week too
-Macys and Target
-cocoa butter
-the good,healthy eating habits that I've acquired and the ability to delve into my *tool box* when needed

salsa chip
01-04-2010, 09:16 AM
- my slowly growing ability to cycle through snow
- my students who make me laugh and (please God) seem to enjoy my course
- cycling home and realising that I had a smile on my face (or was it a grin of sheer terror from the snow?)
- colleagues who are happy to see me after the holiday and say so
- colleagues who don't mind me bouncing into their offices with a random question which has nothing to do with anyone's work :D

time2lose
01-04-2010, 09:46 AM
1 - mobility
2 - good friends
3 - 3FC
4 - a car that runs
5 - good health

Jen415
01-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Today's five:

1. Hot lemon flavored green tea--feels good going down!
2. Having a part time job where I can earn money while going to college
3. Waking up lighter 325.2!
4. Eating yummy cornish game hen for dinner
5. Loving my cable and internet!

Michelle98272
01-04-2010, 06:41 PM
~my two healthy kids :hug:
~having a job
~my health ( I spoke to a co-worker today whose wife has breast cancer and the "Chemo isn't working". How sad!)
~the desire to keep trying to get healthier.
~having a place to live and a car that gets me to and from work.

Beverlyjoy
01-05-2010, 06:44 AM
for today:

- willingness to try - plus, over a week of healthy sane eating...I am SO grateful.

- my nice warm house on a cold, cold day. I know there are those who might not have a warm place and I wish them comfort from the cold.

- GS went bumper bowling last night - he giggled the whole time.

- new relaxation CD

- friends, family etc.

time2lose
01-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Beverlyjoy,

Thank you for starting this thread. Starting the day actively looking for the things that I am grateful for helps my attitude. Today's list:

1 - My boss who is the nicest boss that I have ever had.
2 - Clementines (why did I never try them before)
3 - Health care
4 - Being able to bend over and tie my shoes.
5 - Wearing size 18 pants

Jen415
01-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Today's five:

1. continued good eating
2. a day off to get stuff done
3. playing Wii with friends last night
4. Law & Order reruns
5. a beautiful sunshiny day!

salsa chip
01-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Today I'm thankful for:

- a therapist with whom I feel comfortable
- increased self-confidence so that I can call out a student who's doing nothing but BS'ing
- 3fc folks!
- make-up (second day in a row I've put effort into my appearance before stepping out the door - yay for increasing self-esteem!)
- my ex-colleague who saw me at work today and told me I looked fabulous

thundahthighs
01-05-2010, 11:55 AM
This morning, I'm grateful for:

1. Heat.
2. And the husband that lets me crank it up to 73! What a softie!
3. A fantastic last week, and a great start to this week, in terms of my health.
4. Good friends. Great friends.
5. What promises to be a fantastic year, and the chance to make it "all" happen!

MoveMoveMove
01-05-2010, 12:22 PM
I tried this several times before after I saw Simple Abundance on Oprah but never got the hang of it.

God, who loves and understands me even when I vent my not so grateful thoughts to Him
My house that I'm learning to make into my home; there is a difference
Heat (it is cold here in the Houston area)
My family
3FC

duckyyellowfeet
01-05-2010, 03:14 PM
1) my parents
2) that despite horrible budget cuts, I got into my classes to be able to graduate
3) my SO for being an amazing person
4) my school's gym
5) my "college" family and the close friends I've made in the past four years

Beverlyjoy
01-06-2010, 06:28 AM
I am so glad that folks are liking this thread. My gratitudes daily have always been important to me.

Mine today:

- Willingness to try - nine days of food sanity - I am so so grateful

- Facebook - it's like getting up in the morning and opening the newspaper to get the latest news on current friends, long ago friends and colleagues. I can also see pictures of my GS!

- my sister finally got home from East Coast to LA - her head cold is finally better enough to fly.

- flavored coffees - tastes like a wonderful treat and no calories

- friends, family,3fc, cell phone, internet

AzimuthRing
01-06-2010, 06:41 AM
I like this thread, thanks for posting it.

Mine:
- Cold Tylenol - I am really sick and without it I could not have gotten through my day or my night

- This forum - I really needed the inspiration form everyone's journey today. Made me feel very hopeful instead of bleak.

- My job location - About 2 years ago I got to move offices, and this morning I had to go to my old location for a few meetings. The drive was horrible and almost got hit a couple times. So grateful where I am now!

-Heat - Driving home from my old office, I drive by a homeless shelter and I am reminded to be grateful for the things I am able to provide for myself.

-Prayer - Driving home from my old office, I drive by a homeless shelter, and I am reminded to pray for those that need it.

Lil Judy
01-06-2010, 07:47 AM
You're right. There is always something to be grateful for!

I have a job.
I have a new grandson
I will be leaving for a cruise at the end of the month.
I have bunco tonight with 11 other women.
My husband is my best friend and supporter.

I hope it's OK that I jumped in here-:o

Beverlyjoy
01-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Judi - of course it's alright that you posted!!!! Glad you did. Post as often as you like.

Jen415
01-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Today's list:

1. A day to rest up from this cold!
2. A warm home
3. Money in my bank account
4. Cable TV and Internet
5. Keeping track daily of what I'm eating--I'm on a roll! :)

CJZee
01-06-2010, 11:16 AM
1. A crisis at work is blowing over.
2. I'm going to a new gym today!
3. I'm excited to be decorating my new gallery space.
4. My fiance warms my heart.
5. The knowledge that today I will spend 30 minutes to reduce the clutter.

gloo
01-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Today's thankies:

1. Getting back in touch with old, dear friends.
2. My boss. I have the greatest boss ever -- he's tough and he pushes, but he's also supportive and makes me laugh 38 times a day.
3. Roasted, unsalted almonds. Oh, yum.
4. Casual dress in the office. Nothing says comfy on a cold day like a big sweater.
5. My blackberry, which has kept me entertained with emails from aforementioned old friends all morning.

Beverlyjoy
01-07-2010, 07:26 AM
For today - it wasn't as easy as usual

- back pain has improved a bit from last night

- Although I don't like the side effects of the medications...I am grateful that I have decided to take them for a few days to help with the back pain.

- my city is planning ahead for the big snow coming -

- a plan to follow that makes sense to me

- friends and family, etc.

Lil Judy
01-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Gratitude for today:

Good friends who love me no matter how I look.
Living here in the midwest - knowing that there is a spring, summer and fall - especially with the huge amounts of snow forecasted for the next 24-hours
My new Blackberry which keeps me amused
I have the ability to touch children's lives every day at work.
Today I chose to focus on my health; if I do not take care of me, I cannot take care of others.

It seems that if I write down the good things, there isn't much to complain about in my other journal! Thanks for this thread.

time2lose
01-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Today's list:

* A reliable car to get me to work
* Two sons starting another semester of school
* My grandson with autism talking to me on the phone
* My daughter who is excited to be close to giving birth to my first granddaughter
* My God who loves me

Beverlyjoy
01-08-2010, 07:04 AM
mine:

- my warm house - the wind chills are below 0

- nice pictures of my kitty cat who died a couple of months ago - I miss him

- GS went sledding for the first time and LOVED it.

- my neighbor who shoveled my driveway yesterday

- friends and family

time2lose
01-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Today's list:

* I am able to buy clothes that fit
* My coworker that greeted me with a smile this morning
* I can afford to buy healthy food
* The weekend coming up
* Peace within

Beverlyjoy
01-09-2010, 06:33 AM
today:

- my back is finally feeling a bit better

- DH is home after being away on business

- healthy food in the fridge and cupboard

- Mom and I made it to her outpatient procedure yesterday despite the wind chill being below zero.

- my friends and family

Lil Judy
01-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Mine for today:
Being able to string along more than three days of good food choices.
My ability to accept that my children are grown and able to make their own (good) decisions.
My grandson who brings me joy just by my looking at a photo of him!
My husband who puts up with my frequent insanity and still loves me.
The people at work who make a not-so-challenging job OK.Thanks for this thread!

Jen415
01-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Today's five:

1. My sweetie home for the weekend (he works away during the week--BOOOO!)
2. A cozy warm apartment
3. A nice hot cup of coffee
4. The money to buy a good pair of cross trainer shoes
5. A good protein-filled breakfast

salsa chip
01-09-2010, 10:24 AM
1. A good night's sleep last night.
2. That my gym now has Zumba classes!
3. There are lots of people I never see who work really hard to keep my house toasty warm in winter.
4. My wonderful books :book2:
5. A new year in which to improve myself.

Beverlyjoy
01-10-2010, 07:12 AM
- that DH and I were HOME when the water line to the ice maker broke somehow. If we weren't here...it would have been a disaster.

- a good day with my plan yesterday - I am so grateful.

- my warm house in such cold weather.

- my sister's horrible cold is finally better and they will schedule her back surgery soon.

- I found a diet buddy/coach.

- friends and family

salsa chip
01-10-2010, 07:17 AM
- for a good night's sleep.

- for people who have been working throughout the night because of the nasty weather conditions.

- for a safe place to live.

- for a steady improvement in my health and fitness level.

- for the lovely people on 3fc who helped me out!

BethC
01-10-2010, 09:49 AM
that today is Sunday!
my son
staying on plan - today
my new meditation practice
3 fat chicks

Lil Judy
01-10-2010, 04:41 PM
my daughter-in-law has a three month old son to love. She lost her dad to ALS one year ago today.
my house is back to near normal again after a lot of rooms of carpeting installation
I have two sons who can make good choices; I can let go of my concerns and be confident in their decisions.
my 92-year old mother lives at a good home with good people taking care of her.
I have a husband who loves me for who I am.

traci in training
01-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Today I am grateful...

-it's not quite so cold today and the inside of my nose didn't freeze up when I stepped outside.

-it's Sunday and I'm off work so I have time to cook for today and prep for the week.

-that I found beautiful gold table linens clearanced at k-mart in the Christmas stuff that will be fabulous for our youngest daughter's graduation party. 12 tableclothes and a dozen matching napkins to line breadbaskets, etc. with for under $30!

-that my husband will be starting a new job in a week or two. Praise God!

-that my first week back on track was successful and I am motivated to continue.

Jen415
01-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Today's five:

1. Did Walk Away the Pounds today for the first time and it felt GOOD!
2. It's not as cold today
3. Having a good food day today
4. Getting excited to start the new semester this week
5. Having a good day at work today

Lil Judy
01-11-2010, 07:44 AM
I have a job at a school where I can touch children's lives.
This great morning cup of coffee
My house is back to normal again this morning
I feel so much better than I did 3-weeks ago when I was struggling over the holidays.
My clothes fit much better. I can exhale in them! :dizzy:Have a great day everyone!

CardboardCutoutCat
01-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Nice thread, lovely idea.

1. That my Mum is almost finished her radiotherapy and fingers toes and everything crossed that this will be the last of her ordeal with bc.
2. For my man who is so supportive of whatever decisions I make in life.
3. For this website!
4. That I completely emptied out my house last week. The walls were groaning under the amount of junk in the presses and drawers and now the place can breathe and it's a stress free zone. This was not an easy job :)
5. For oatmeal! It keeps me full for hours and it's so comforting in this cold weather.

Beverlyjoy
01-11-2010, 08:49 AM
mine -

- Dh set up his old laptop for me to use in my easy chair because my back hurts these days in my office chair

- a good healthy sane food day yesterday. I really wanted to eat sweets last night, but, I didn't - I am so grateful

- willingness to try

- my warm house

- friends, family, 3fc, internet, cell phone

BethC
01-11-2010, 09:07 AM
- my son
- that my office has it's own full gym, so I can go down when I have time
- seeing a difference in my clothes
- my new meditation practice
- 3 fat chicks

time2lose
01-11-2010, 10:14 AM
- my warm sweater to wear in the office, cold affects me more than it did when I carried 80 more pounds
- the heater under my desk
- family time last night, watching old Star Treks with my son with the cat laying on top of me
- the time spend this past weekend with my daughter getting her nursery set up
- the church family that drove for 2 hours to attend my daughter's shower at her church

Beverlyjoy
01-12-2010, 06:41 AM
willingness to try and stringing together many healthy day - I am always grateful for that.

- My son is doing well - he is recovering well from his stay in the hospital

- DIL's parents who treat my son as their own son too.

- salt water is helping my sore throat

- my friends and family and this site

BethC
01-12-2010, 07:38 AM
- my son
- that I was able to maintain control of my food yesterday (bad day) and that I am much calmer this morning
- maintaining my focus
- meditation
- coffee

Lil Judy
01-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Tried on and bought a swimsuit last night and decided that I do not look as bad as I thought I would in it.
Purging stuff around the house that I do not need anymore. Liberating feeling.
Coffee, definitely coffee
An understanding husband who loves me for me
A warm home in this cold world

time2lose
01-12-2010, 09:45 AM
- loving family
- Jesus
- my warm clothes
- my reliable car (*cross fingers that I am not asking for trouble*)
- my Walk Away the Pounds dvd

traci in training
01-12-2010, 10:38 AM
** I don't have to go to work today - yesterday was a nightmare.

**I got to see my daughter before she left for school today and I have plenty of time for a nap this afternoon before her basketball game.

**slightly warmer weather

**I ate on plan yesterday

**My legs feel better today and it's back to the Y for me!

saef
01-12-2010, 10:56 AM
I have never contributed to this thread, but I think it would be good for me to try to do this regularly. I am usually so discontented & inclined to see the glass as half-empty.

- That my work evaluation for the past year is satisfactory, even though last year began as one of the darkest times of my life because of my father's death.

- That my mother's breast cancer has been in remission.

- That my 15-year-old Lands End sweater which I unearthed from a drawer at my parents' house now fits me & is very warm on a chilly day.

- That I am almost done with my part in a difficult & stressful new product launch at work.

- That I can now see some muscles emerging in my stomach.

Beverlyjoy
01-13-2010, 07:17 AM
- willingness to try

- DH got a glowing evaluation from his new company. They told him that the company will pay whatever it takes to help him quit smoking. WOW

- mom is feeling better

- I got the trash out yesterday - I keep on forgetting. Our trash is picked up at 6am.

- friends family you folks cell phone internet

marigrace
01-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Good News:
A hat store in New York is interested in my spring collection !
A job I want is clearly on the horizon for spring !
My financial woes are aren't as bad as I thought!
My eating is on track with my dreams !

I believe in the power of Grace today !

Lil Judy
01-13-2010, 08:27 AM
taking initiative and emailing an administrator at work yesterday
my warm home in this cold world
my dog who is always happy
my view of the winter wonderland as I sit here at my desk
persistence to keep this goingHave a great day everyone!

BethC
01-13-2010, 08:40 AM
This is tough this morning, I have a huge headache!

- Tylenol and coffee
- That I was told yesterday that I was retained in my company's latest round of layoffs
- my son - who today may actually get on the bus in his pjs today
- staying on plan for today
- my meditation practice

time2lose
01-13-2010, 09:49 AM
- my contractor coming today to find the leak in my roof
- a boss that is letting me off to meet the contractor
- a kitchen well stocked with healthy food
- my health
- my family's heath

Beverlyjoy
01-14-2010, 06:33 AM
- DH got home safely from his business trip

- willingness to TRY - I am so grateful

- my new birthday book - finally...I'll remember all the birthdays!

- my sister is feeling better

- friends, family, this site, cell phone, internet

BethC
01-14-2010, 07:44 AM
- my son
- being able to regain my focus on my goals
- good friends to support me
- feeling stronger when I'm working out

- thankful that we don't know anyone personally in Haiti and praying that we can help

Lil Judy
01-14-2010, 07:46 AM
coffee, morning coffee is the best
another day to make good food choices
my grandson is 3-months old today
the thought of spring in just a few months
leaving for the weekend after work todayHave a great day. :carrot:

time2lose
01-14-2010, 10:46 AM
- My oldest daughter
- the Internet
- the numbness in my left hand is better
- being successful this time around with weight loss
- still having my parents when most of my friends have lost theirs

traci in training
01-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Today I am thankful for:

**my mom - she turned 66 yesterday and I love her dearly

**getting home safe from work last night - I broke a brake line!

**the fact that my wonderful husband can fix my car for the cost of the line instead of having to take it to a mechanic who would probably charge me an arm and a leg.

**that I continue to stay on plan

**our daughters

Beverlyjoy
01-15-2010, 06:48 AM
- willingness to try - I am so grateful to some food sanity

- good talk with DS yesterday & I talked to GS too
too

- a professor friend that is coming with me to my schools this month to learn about my work - it makes me feel good.

- my seniors -Mom, Aunt Mackie, and Rachel are feeling pretty good these days

- friends , family, this site

Bellsybells
01-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Wow, reading this thread is inspirational! Here are my 5 things for today:

1. I'm back on 3FC after 8 years away and excited to be part of the community again.
2. I discovered yesterday that black coffee isn't so bad, and if I drink only black coffee at work I will a) use fewer WW points and b) drink less coffee (it might be less bad, but it isn't so good either!).
3. Lemons. They make getting through the day's water so much tinglier.
4. My new gym instructor (though I might not agree after I've done my new programme tonight!).
5. That I got back to sleep quickly last night after we were woken up by a cat spat in the back yard at 1.30am.

Lil Judy
01-15-2010, 07:34 AM
2. coffee, need a jump-start today
3. peace of mind that I have enough summer clothes to take on my cruise next week
4. warmth- a warm house in a cold world
5. note- a very nice note from a person whom I love

Happy Day!

BethC
01-15-2010, 07:52 AM
- coffee
- having the day off with no one home and nothing to do
- my son
- staying on plan today- this wasn't my greatest week OP, but I managed to pull myself together!
- this site and good friends to support me

Beverlyjoy
01-16-2010, 06:39 AM
= willingness to try and many days of food sanity

- ice and heat help my pieces and parts

- cupboard and fridge full healthy food

- hope

- friends, family, cell phone, internet

Bellsybells
01-16-2010, 06:55 AM
1. The new fireplace we got before Christmas, which is so toasty
2. My annual subscription to Cooking Light, where I found a great recipe for quesadillas for lunch
3. That the snow is finally gone
4. That the rubbish van was finally able to come this morning and clear away 3 weeks' worth of rubbish
5. Coffee!

CJZee
01-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Things I am thankful for:
• My perfect body, thank you for enduring my abuse and bouncing back
• My underlying kindness
• When the untidiness goes too far, I am always compelled to finally straighten up (reaching that point today, LOL)
• My oldies-but-goodies exercise class and the guy there that winks at me
• My love of drinking water

BethC
01-16-2010, 08:32 AM
- its' Saturday!
- cuddling with my son in the morning
- coffee
- it's warmer in NY, but I know the cold will come back
- today's my weigh-in, I hope to be closer to the 2-teens

colormerd47
01-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Things I am thankful for:

1. That I know the Lord Jesus Christ

2. I am thankful for my loving husband and my family

3. I am thankful to still have a good job in a time when so many other do not

4. I am thankful for shelter and plenty of food

5. I am thankful to be able to help others

I have one extra,
I am very thankful to the young lady that started this thread, so many times we lose focus and forget we do have things to be thankful for. Thank you!!!

Ags/Aggie:carrot::carrot::carrot:

learningtoliveagain
01-16-2010, 07:54 PM
I'll follow right behind you Ags.

* To God and all he has blessed me with.

* I'm thankful for my awesome son.

* I'm thankful for my wonderful husband.

* I'm thankful for 3FC and all the friends I have made.

* I'm thankful that although my mother who has dementia can really try my
patience is still here with me at the fiesty age of 83.

Later - Learn

Thighs Be Gone
01-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Love you Ags--I have missed you on the boards--how is it that I am not seeing you anymore???

Today, I am thankful for:

My girls hairdressers--their hair looks really nice
Sunshine so I can get outside
Oatmeal with bananas and cinnamon and almonds
Soap and hot water
My husband--that continues to travel into dangerous countries to support our family

Thighs Be Gone
01-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Lastly, I am thankful for Ags--I always love your posts and I look forward to seeing your face in your avatar

Lyn2007
01-16-2010, 10:00 PM
What a nice thread Beverlyjoy! Love it :)

I am thankful for
my children, who make my life complete
eleven years and counting with my little doggie whose sole purpose in life is to make us smile (and to bark at the door when anyone leaves)
the ability to purchase good quality, fresh foods
a home in a nice neighborhood
sunshine WHENEVER it may occur

Beverlyjoy
01-17-2010, 06:29 AM
I am so glad folks are liking this thread.

mine:

willingness to try and eat well - especially because I have a horrible head cold and a sore/ankle foot. I am grateful I am not overeating because of it.

ice and heat are so helpful to my pieces and parts

my DH - he has so many wonderful qualities that I am grateful that I've learned to live with a few things that drive my crazy

I am a Grandma

friends, family, this site, cell phone, internet

Bellsybells
01-17-2010, 08:16 AM
This thread is a wonderful way to focus in the morning - thank you from me also, Beverlyjoy! For today:

My husband, for kicking my butt out the door to the gym while he cleaned the house.
A clean house!
My parents are coming today and I get to spend the next 3-4 days with them.
Quesadillas, because they are so good
The red squirrel I saw in the garden this morning!

Thighs Be Gone
01-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Today I am thankful for:

Being able to organize so many things in my house
The sunshine
My dog going to groomer tomorrow!
My daughter's teacher
Ebay

MoveMoveMove
01-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Working on doing this more often

- God love me just as I am.
- Being able, and willing, to help with Haitian relief effort
- I found a cookbook I was looking for at Half Price Books for less than half price, in great condition
- Sunshine
- soft pillows

Lil Judy
01-17-2010, 07:49 PM
baby showers- promise of new life and hope in this world
sunshine on a warm winter day
my sons who can make good decisions without my input
my mom who is suffering from dementia but still recognizes me.
my job which gives me the ability to touch children's livesHappy Day!

colormerd47
01-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Hello everyone,

Today I am thankful for:

A new day, one I have seen before.

For my hubby, whom I call Daddy, cooking breakfast this morning.

For a much needed pedicure, that Daddy did so well.

For running into Thighsbegone. I am still on the positive everyday. I have missed you so much.

And lastly for BeverlyJoy, who started this wonderful thread, and CJ, who told me about it.

See you all tomorrow with more things that I am thankful for.
AGs:hug::hug:

Bellsybells
01-18-2010, 03:24 AM
Today I am thankful for:
My husband, who made breakfast this morning and already made dinner for tonight.
My parents being here for a visit.
Not being woken up by cats in the middle of the night.
Serenity.
Muesli.

Beverlyjoy
01-18-2010, 04:56 AM
mine -

- willingness to try - many many healthy days of food

- Dh is trying to quit smoking.

- DH's other laptop. I love sitting in my comfy chair using this computer.

- being grateful to pack of 6 quarts of ham and bean soup in quart bags and NOT doing one lick or taste, etc.

- my family, friends, this site, internet, cell phone

BethC
01-18-2010, 09:10 AM
- A day off to spend with my son, who's off from school
- coffee
- staying on plan...today
- this site and all the support that I have from my friends
- that the Jets won last night!

colormerd47
01-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Today I am thankful for:

Senior citizens

Having the ability to make people smile

To Learn something new everyday

Time to spend in prayer to the Lord

Not having to depend on man to make my happiness

Have a blessed evening,
Ags

Sskar
01-18-2010, 10:32 PM
1. My partner of almost 20 years who accepts me for who I am.
2. Parents who love me and my partner unconditionally
3. Pets that enrich my life
4. Never having to go hungry
5. The right to vote

Beverlyjoy
01-19-2010, 08:01 AM
- a healthy day on my plan yesterday - I am grateful

- the school will reschedule my programs because I am sick

- dh's company is terrific

- my caring family

- friends, this site, cell phones, internet

salsa chip
01-19-2010, 08:16 AM
- For a good night's rest

- For friends and merriment

- For being able to plan my days and weeks so that I get a good amount of work done (well, that's the plan anyway...)

- For my sister who will happily sit up and chat with me until half past midnight about my latest "crush"

- For a safe environment to live in

time2lose
01-19-2010, 09:38 AM
This is a wonderful thread. Reading your posts reminds me of things that I have taken for granted but should be grateful to have.

My list for today:

- My father is better and out of the hospital.
- My daughter that went to help my parents when I was not able to.
- The leak in my roof has been repaired and the rotted beams in the attic replaced.
- I can manage to pay for those repairs even if it does hurt.
- My grandson with autism is talking and communicating.

colormerd47
01-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Hello all,

Today I am thankful for:

The Lord waking be up early and having enough sense to get up so as not to have to rush

For having the extra time before work to go to the bank and for the money to deposit in it.

for my youngest daughter finding a job at last!!!

For remembering to take my medicines.

And for just plain long being alive.

Enjoy your thankfullness and be blessed.
Ags

traci in training
01-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Today I am thankful for:
-having the day off
-having Advil to take for my sore throat
-the ortho specialist being able to squeeze DD in tomorrow - her knee is just not heling
-my aunt coming to scrap book this weekend
-finishing yesterday under 1400 calories even though it felt wildly out of control. Had to fast for a blood draw and when you work nights messing with your eating schedule can really cause problems.

Beverlyjoy
01-20-2010, 08:09 AM
- I've lost seven pounds since January 1 = I am so grateful.

- doctor ordered some pt for my sore knee

- my headcold is improving

- 2 year old GS called me yesterday to tell me he ate salsa and chips

- my family, my friends, this site, internet, cell phone, facebook

CJZee
01-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Having found 3FC
My wonderful body
My sweet house and the happiness here
Being close with my fiance
Calmness, when it comes and I am thankful

colormerd47
01-20-2010, 03:03 PM
I was told today, when you think you have nothing to be thankful for, check your pulse.

Today I am thankful for:

My pulse

My legs feeling a little stronger each day

I am thankful for having more extra blankets to share with the homeless.

The abilty to make people smile

The abundance of food to share with my daughter's family today

Be blessed my friends,
Ags

time2lose
01-20-2010, 03:12 PM
- my warm sweater
- two sons back in school
- pregnant daughter doing well even if the baby does not come today
- cabbage
- The ability to work out a good food plan

Beverlyjoy
01-21-2010, 06:44 AM
- jumped right onto my plan yesterday - I am grateful

- dh will help me tomorrow get my things into a school (I don't like asking for help)

- my laptop in my comfy chair

- the crockpot - so easy - so yummy

- friends, family, this site, cell phone, facebook, internet

colormerd47
01-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Today I am thankful for:

For my next to the youngest daughter who makes me want to scream

For my sister who loves me no matter what

For my car that takes a lickin, but keeps on tickin'

For my determination on this journey

For El Pollo Locco and being off tomorrow on payday

Have a blessed day,:hug:
Ags

Beverlyjoy
01-22-2010, 06:04 AM
another day on track - I am so grateful

- my headcold is improving - next step my ears getting unblocked

- being able to reschedule my programs - just too sick

- my sister got a date for her back surgery

- my friends, my family, this site, facebook, cell phone, internet

Lil Judy
01-22-2010, 07:46 AM
day off today. I have the time today to organize my space.
my son is following his dream by having an 8-hour job interview in NV today
my children can make good decisions that are right for them; I don't need to worry.
even though it isn't very pretty, all of my parts still work.
with age comes wisdom and knowledgeHappy Friiiiiiiiiiiiday! :)

colormerd47
01-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Today I am thankful for:

An extra day off

Spending time with my grandson today

Being able to salvage my corn beef brisket

For not gaining any weight this week and staying the same

That my husband came home early

Be blessed, hugs love and blessings,:hug:
Ags

time2lose
01-22-2010, 02:37 PM
- my daughter had a good dr appointment even if it is 2 days after her due date
- the cost of fixing the roof was not as high as expected
- a day to get organized for the remainder of the construction work
- my cat that is cuddled up next to me
- a comfortable home

Beverlyjoy
01-23-2010, 08:17 AM
- another day on plan...I an so grateful

- my headcold is improving a bit

- my special seniors are doing well

- Almost 3 GS called me yesterday to say that he will see a BIG guy put the ball in the hoop (at a basket ball game- his first)

- friends, family, this site, cell phone, internet

BethC
01-23-2010, 09:36 AM
- it's Saturday, I need a nap already
- my weight is finally in the 2-teens!!
- my son (who got his yellow belt in karate yesterday)
- staying on plan - today
- support of my friends, familty and 3FC

- GO JETS!!!

colormerd47
01-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Today I am thankful for:

Encouragement

Support, that is sometimes hard to find

Change

Willingness to listen and really hear

Unconditionall Love

Hugs love and blessings,:hug::hug:
AGs

Beverlyjoy
01-24-2010, 07:27 AM
- my eating is so improved - not perfect - but, so much better....I am grateful for all the patches of food sanity I can muster

- ice and heat for my aching pieces and parts

- DH is a great grocery shopper- he'll look for anything I put on a list

- my lovely home and the love in it

- my friends, my family, this site€

CJZee
01-24-2010, 07:38 AM
I am very anxious right now, so I want my thankfulness to reflect peacefulness, which I sorely desire:

• My eye caught BethC's tagline: "Slow down to go fast..." and I think that might work for me today, thank you BethC.

• I found a new short guided meditation (http://www.quietmindcafe.com/simple-relaxation.html) on the internet that actually helps me calm down.

• I am thankful that my problems are so tiny when compared with others.

• I am thankful for my DF's arms around me when I feel down and that he is always there for me.

• I am thankful that although I struggle, I always overcome. And that is what I need to remember.

colormerd47
01-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Today I am thankful for:

Play dates

My daughter cooking breakfast

For listening to the Holy Spirit

For heat in my home

For the strength to carry on

Happy Sunday to all,
hugs love and blessings,:hug::hug:
Ags

Bellsybells
01-25-2010, 06:03 AM
Today I am grateful for:

Being back to full health (stomach bug that blitzed the weekend is GONE)
A quiet place to work...
... with kitties
My DH who made the muesli for the week
Coffee!

Beverlyjoy
01-25-2010, 07:14 AM
- yesterday was a healthy on plan day = I am so grateful

- finally am feeling a bit better from this headcold

- my DH - I am happy we are together

- laptop

- friends, family, this site

Beverlyjoy

- laptop

Beverlyjoy

- laptop

CJZee
01-25-2010, 07:23 AM
• I am thankful for my morning calming rituals.

• For my pretty house that provides a forcefield to keep the bad stuff away, LOL.

• For my laptop that I'm on right now, it's so comfy to work on, to Google stuff, do go everywhere in the world. I never thought I would like to read the newspaper online, but now I subscribe to it online.

• For my exercise class, it's this afternoon.

• For my fiance who knows that I'm fragile right now and a little crazy and understands that I need him to be my rock without me telling him. My DF thinks I sometimes allow myself to 'fall apart' because I know he is there to support me. He says I have been doing things for so long myself and depending only on myself that I am now allowing him to take up some of the concern. I don't know if that's true, but I am glad that he's there.

toobig
01-25-2010, 07:49 AM
I am thankful for my husband who believes I can do anything.

time2lose
01-25-2010, 09:32 AM
- My eyesight to see all the wonderful things in this world
- My home, especially after seeing the footage of Haiti right now
- My car cranked this morning
- Cell phone and Internet to keep in touch with loved ones and the world
- Fingers that work

colormerd47
01-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Today I am thankful for:

The rain stopping before I had to leave the house this morning

The leak that sprung in my bedroom being fixed

My husband being able to fix the leak, no no extra money spent

My co-worker bringing me lunch

For peace and quiet

Hugs, love and blessings,
Aggie/Ags

Bellsybells
01-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Today I am grateful for:

The kind of invitation that leads to a trip for work...
... where I get to see my little sister, who lives in Scotland
the gym
having breakfast muesli ready to go this morning
cat cuddles

Beverlyjoy
01-26-2010, 06:59 AM
- a healthy day yesterday & willingness to try - I am so grateful

- cold improving

- a good talk with my sister yesterday - I will go to California when she has her surgery

- facebook - I keep finding so many old friends - wow - it's very joyful

- my family, friends, this site

CJZee
01-26-2010, 07:35 AM
Today I am thankful for:

The Terminix lady who is so pleasant and so thorough and doesn't try to sell me new stuff.

My very tidy tenants, may they rub off on me some.

Being able to order stuff on the internet and get it in a few days. Remember when anything mailorder would take months?

My ability to focus which I am going to apply today.

Another pound bites the dust.

salsa chip
01-26-2010, 12:11 PM
- that the ladies' night I hosted yesterday went so well, with laughter, belly aching laughter, fun, good times, and more laughter;

- that I have an awesome therapist;

- that with her help I can recognise patterns in my behaviour that are less than I deserve and can learn to fix them;

- that I have friends and colleagues who I can turn to for advice and counsel;

- that my prayer life (speaking tentatively) has been growing stronger recently.

colormerd47
01-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Today I am thankful for.............

Getting to work on time

For enjoying my day at work today and ALL of my co-workers

For my niece Lisa spending last night and tonight with me

For my husband celebrating another year on this earth

For totally staying on plan and being focused all day today

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Beverlyjoy
01-27-2010, 08:04 AM
- I weighed myself yesterday and I usually overeat the day I weigh - but, I DID NOT - I stayed with my plan. I am very very grateful.

- I bought my plane ticket for LA yesterday. My sister is having a back surgery in two places in Feb and I am going out to help. Flying out of Cleveland - round trip, non-stop less that $400 - great price

- Friday we go to see son, dil, grandson.

- I feel, finally, that this head cold is heading towards the end.

- family, friends, this site, cell phone, internet, facebook

CJZee
01-27-2010, 07:13 PM
For hope.
For water after a long walk.
For accomplishing a long walk which, since my car accident, has been difficult.
For prayers that come true.
For my lovely man.

colormerd47
01-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Today I am thankful for..............

Being able to say NO thank you when co-workers wanted to order Chinese

That my grandson's temperature is coming down

That I had a positively on point day

That I made it thru my eight hour day at work today

That I still have a pluse

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Beverlyjoy
01-28-2010, 07:04 AM
- another day within my calorie range - I am so grateful for the willingness to keep trying

- 32nd anniversary - we were married in the blizzard of -78. Everything was changed and went wrong. Horrible wedding. Grateful that the marriage was better than the wedding!

- doing my stretches feel good

- clementines

- having enough

toobig
01-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Dogs
Husband
Aunt

time2lose
01-28-2010, 01:31 PM
The new granddaughter that should be born today
my new touch that let's me post on 3fc while in the waiting room
health care
a beautiful day

colormerd47
01-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Today I am thankful for.............

My grandson's fever coming down

For releasing 2.6 pounds this week

For knowing I shall reach my 10% goal next week

For not having to cook dinner

For spending time with my daughter's

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Beverlyjoy
01-29-2010, 07:34 AM
- I had a healthy day yesterday - I am so grateful. Even it being our anniversary, I had steamed ginger sea bass, rice, and veggies - I special healthy dinner. (we changed restaurants from Cuban to Chinese)

- see that GS soon.

- yesterday I got antiboitics for my two infected ears - finally, I should be feeling better

- warm clothes on a cold cold day

- friends, family, this site, facebook

colormerd47
01-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Today I am thankful for................

My doctor's appoinment going well and getting the antibiotics I needed:carrot:

Having released another pound since yesterday:carrot:

My hubby coming home just in time to help me change Mali's diaper (if you saw it, you would understand why I needed help) LOL:yay::yay::rofl::rofl:

For my FMLA papers being ready for my job:cheer::cheer:

For being off for the next two days (especially with the snow storm apporaching) and a warm home to be in:cheer2::cheer3:

Hugs love and blessings,:hug:
Ags

Beverlyjoy
01-30-2010, 08:02 AM
- being here with my family. Seeing that DS is doing so wonderfully. That gs is a doodle - joyous and fun. Grateful to have time with them.

- I stayed in my calories yesterdy - even though I am not home - so, so grateful. Willingness to try.

- starting to feel better - hooray for antibiotics.

- doing finger stories with gs

- friends,family, this site

CJZee
01-30-2010, 08:22 AM
The beautiful sunshine.
Another long walk.
My new mini-goal -- to be in the "two-teens" by my birthday next Thurs.
I'm revved up today to get a lot accomplished.
The cable guy (yup!) hit on my yesterday (really).

colormerd47
01-31-2010, 12:35 AM
I am thankful for.............

Not having to work today in the snowstorm;)

That they closed the store down so my co-workers that did make it to work got home early and safely:)

Two of my daughters being here with us thru the storm:hug:

My awesome pot of chili:p

My daughter Morgan making a wise decision, the right decision:carrot::carrot:

Hugs love and blessings,:hug:
Ags

Beverlyjoy
01-31-2010, 08:12 AM
= time with my family in Michigan

- time playing with my grandson = plus art, stories, singing, playdough

= willingness to stay with stay with healthy eating while away from home

- coughing less

= hope

gloo
01-31-2010, 03:46 PM
I am thankful or some really superficial things today, but sometimes that's okay :)

it finally FINALLY stopped raining and the sun is out for real again
sparkly black nailpolish
Macy's 70% off racks
MAC Studio Fix foundation (after living without it for a couple months, upon first application I felt like a freakin cover girl)
Morningstar Farms fake breakfast sausage patties

CJZee
02-06-2010, 09:00 AM
My good night's sleep
Blue skies
My new found ability to take long walks with no pain (this is HUGE)
My beautiful body that has stuck with me all these years
The nice comment that I was 'intuitive and empathetic' which I am not sure is true but it was nice to hear anyway

Lil Judy
02-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Warm/proud feeling of spending time with my grown son yesterday
Long-time friends
Purging "stuff" to make our home peaceful
Over-cooked cauliflower with a sprinkle of Parmesan
Catching myself and redirecting my attention to non-food choices. (NFV)Have a good Sunday!