LA Weight Loss - feeling guilty about all this food

My3angels
12-31-2009, 09:08 PM
I have done Atkins, low fat, low calorie etc and my mind is conditioned to be on a diet that you have to starve yourself. Except on Atkins but I couldn't do all the meat. I love my fruit too much. Anyway, I was on my 2nd homemade fruit smoothie (1 for lunch the other for a snack) and made some beans and had a bowl for dinner and another bowl later on because we ate too early. I feel guilty about eating this much and I am afraid I am going to gain weight instead of lose it. My mind has been conditioned for so many years that I can't seem to relax and enjoy this eating plan. Please help with some advice because this is driving me crazy.:?:

NCSmasher
01-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Relax and enjoy eating foods that are good for you :) As long as you are not going over the allotted amounts (i.e. 1 veggieburger, 1 cup oatmeal) a day then you are good. The book says that you can enjoy as much fruits and veggies as you like assuming you don't eat 4,000 cals worth of them. LOL!

My3angels
01-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Too true!!!

maryblu
01-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Smashers,

my3angels post reminded me of something Dr. Oz pointed out on Oprah. He referenced the Gorilla Diet; it is not a scripted diet like Fat Smash, but he challenged people, and some did it as an experiment to eat like a gorilla..all fruits and vegetables...maybe some nuts..the point being, you have to eat all day to get enough calories that way..you just can't get fat on nothing but fruits and veggies..well, I suppose you could eat all avocados, but not forever!

life4evr
01-03-2010, 11:22 PM
This is a restart for me. But when I was doing it before, I told someone I felt like I was eating all the time. I had finally stopped over eating. I guess because I wasn't about to starve by the time I ate again. Also making better choices made a huge difference.

three herring
03-06-2010, 11:28 AM
I have to smile, I have felt this way too. Funny, because our bodies quickly get use to whatever amount of food we eat. When I was eating a lot and gaining weight, I believed I really didn't eat that much! I was adamant that I ate normally, but gained because there was some other problem besides my appetite! lol

When I diet, I feel like I am starving in the beginning. I can't believe how little food it takes to lose weight. After I am use to the smaller food intake, I begin to think once again that I am eating too much!

I would like to be able to clear my mind of these kinds of thoughts and concentrate more on eating to nourish my body and learning the cue that enough is enough.