Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #1  
Yes I Can!

S/C/G: 169/169/135

Height: 5'7"

Wink Here I Go!

Hello everyone! I am here for 2 reasons.

1) My husband's doctor has ordered him to lose 50 pounds because he is pre-diabetic and is having some other health issues that losing some weight would help improve.

2) Since hubby has to be on a diet I realize he won't do anything about it without my "helping" him so I will have to join him on his journey.

I have done some research and talked to a few people and everyone so far has suggested the South Beach diet. That's nice for me because I happen to own a copy of that book! Thurs far I haven't taken it to heart!

As for myself, I'm not really considered overweight but I am just above the top weight for my height. I could stand to lose at least 20 pounds and hopefully 30 pounds before all of this is said and done.

My main problem is that I've become a serious desk jockey! I work 4-10 hour shifts in an office and 95% of my job requires a computer, I'm an Internet junkie and, over the last 10 years, I haven't done much exercising! I used to work out at a company gym at least 1 hour, 5 days per week. Even after I quit that job I still ran 3-5 miles a day with a friend of mine. But as life has moved along and changes have happened I've become more sedentary. Plus getting older has had added it's own issues!

I can't even say that I never lost the weight after having my twins because I was an avid runner when they were young and stayed down around 130-135 pounds. Most of my weight gain has happened since getting married! Dang husbands anyway!

So, I'm a 43 (almost 44) year old female who just wants to change her family's lifestyle and incorporate more activity into our lives!

Thanks for your time!

Yvonne
Vonney247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:32 AM   #2  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi Yvonne to 3FC. Good luck with your exercise regime and your hubby's weight loss. There are many great threads and forums to look through, find a few that fit with your goals.
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:34 AM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Yvonne!
Sounds like you're ready to get everybody on track and healthy again - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans (like South Beach) and exercise to help choose the right ones for you and get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

Happy Holidays!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250.6/see ticker/185/?

Height: 5'8"

Default Good Time to Start

Lee, There is no time like the present to get going and feel good.
Welcome from one newbe to another.
Lil Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote