100 lb. Club - Hi .....again

View Full Version : Hi .....again

purplecrush
12-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Soooo here I am again....no big surprise there really. I have been apart of 3fc for many years and no matter what happens to me..I always come back the beginning of the New Year.

So a little about me:
My name is Randee and im 33. Im engaged to my soulmate and will be getting married in 1 1/2 years. So I cant stall anymore! I have two kids..My son is 13 and my daughter is 11. They are both active kids, playing football and soccer. During July -Nov, I hate to admit, we eat alot of fast food :o. Thats going to change. My life has to change.

So thats why Im here, and can use ALL the support I can get lol

Cant wait to meet you all...and Hello to all my old friends :hug:

Arctic Mama
12-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Welcome back, I hope you find what you need here!

TJFitnessDiva
12-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Welcome back Randee!

My two sons are very active with football and baseball (plus I coach t-ball) so there are times where a quick run through the drive thru happens but to keep that from happening as much as it used to I'll either cook in the crockpot or pack us a picnic dinner. It takes a little planning but way worth it!

purplecrush
12-30-2009, 05:02 PM
The thing is, is that I have a brand new beautiful crockpot, but I dont know ANY good recipes to make it in (besides lil smokies lol) I need to figure something out!

MotoXMama
12-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi Randee!

I am fairly new here, but love it! I am 35, and have 3 children. My children are also very active... motocross, basketball, gymnastics... something ALL the time! I have a goal to cook much more often this year! I know just what you're talking about, because we eat out WAY too much! That's going to stop!

Glad you're here!

MotoXMama
12-30-2009, 05:09 PM
The crockpot is a great idea! Look around on the internet and you'll find a lot of recipes your can try! Also, I'm going to try cooking/preparing as much for dinner as I can IN THE MORNING! My mom cooks all the time in the morning, sometimes 2 meals at once... and then heats it up at night. I have much more time in the mornings when my kids are in school. Just another thought!

TJFitnessDiva
12-30-2009, 05:09 PM
You'd be surprised what you can make in it :) When I first used mine I had my doubts lol but it proved me wrong! In the food forum/recipe section helped me out a lot (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees/34117-crockpot-recipes.html) and then I branched off on my own from there.

purplecrush
12-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the crockpot links!! I cant wait to look through them. I need to figure something out. I absolutly hate cooking so thats one of my problems.

dangerousfish
12-30-2009, 07:06 PM
I like the cookbook "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker". I also like to browse the library for new books so that I don't commit to something I won't use. Good luck!

girlonfire
12-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Welcome to 3FC fellow Oregonian! For getting physical exercise, you couldn't be in a better state! Hiking, water sports, walking, mountain climbing, etc. Good luck on your journey and congrats on the engagement!

cfmama
12-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Welcome back! I'm happy to see you here and making a fresh start :)

BarbPA
12-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Welcome back! :wave:

gloo
12-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Welcome back! The crockpot is a little gem sent from heaven. I use whatever yummy recipes I can find and adapt them (i.e., I stay away from anything with cream of mushroom soup!).

Good luck and hang in there! :)

Sandi
12-30-2009, 11:33 PM
:wave: Glad to see you back again! :)