100 lb. Club - OT - Christmas Cards after Christmas

Beverlyjoy
12-30-2009, 03:46 PM
I used to give my Christmas cards to a senior center. They don't want them any more.

But, a couple of years ago a friend gave me a good idea. Tear off the front part of the used card. If it's blank, then use it when you make your to-do lists or grocery lists.

It's so fun and so pretty! :) I find it very cheerful.

Then recycle or whatever.

PS. I do this with birthday cards now too.
PPSS - only put healthy things on your grocery list!

beerab
12-30-2009, 03:54 PM
lol- unused cards I keep- I've got plenty I don't need to buy any for next year- and I don't care if someone remembers what I sent them the year before :p

I actually keep any favorite christmas cards I have and hang them up :) I still have one from 12 years ago!

Anyone else surprised at the number of cards they got this year? Last year I got over 20- this year I got less than 10. I mean I don't send out cards to get cards- but I was like wow how sad :(

lovemyboy
12-30-2009, 04:00 PM
I keep the blank cards to use the next year. I've never saved the ones that were mailed to me but I have a relative that cuts out pictures and words from the cards she receives and then uses them to make homemade cards for the next year.

Beverlyjoy
12-30-2009, 04:07 PM
I save the leftover xmas cards (unused) to send the next year too.

Stella
12-30-2009, 04:22 PM
I`m a bit sad with Christmas cards. I keep them till the next Christmas, so that, if anyone dies that year, I can keep their last Christmas card. Generally, the cards from the previous year go when I take out my decorations on 1 advent.

jenhai
12-30-2009, 08:29 PM
I received a gift bag this Christmas with the most wonderful gift tag. I couldn't imagine where the giver got such a beautiful tag. Upon inspection, I realized that it was the front of a recycled Christmas card. The giver had punched a hole in it and tied it to the bag with beautiful ribbon. It was large enough for her to write the to and from (on the other side) plus a nice message - - - no squinting required! I am now saving mine for this!

patchworkpenguin
12-30-2009, 09:08 PM
I received a gift bag this Christmas with the most wonderful gift tag. I couldn't imagine where the giver got such a beautiful tag. Upon inspection, I realized that it was the front of a recycled Christmas card. The giver had punched a hole in it and tied it to the bag with beautiful ribbon. It was large enough for her to write the to and from (on the other side) plus a nice message - - - no squinting required! I am now saving mine for this! That is a really good idea. I'm not sure I could keep up with my used Christmas cards and remember why I kept them, but its still a good idea.

Ironically, I do keep and reuse my Christmas tags. I bought a set of {what else} Penguin tags at Target several years ago, and keep re-using them to family members, whom I gift to every year. I keep them in their original box with my Penguin gift bags.

Ultra-organized or insane? You be the judge. :dizzy:

LitChick
12-30-2009, 11:28 PM
I`m a bit sad with Christmas cards. I keep them till the next Christmas, so that, if anyone dies that year, I can keep their last Christmas card. Generally, the cards from the previous year go when I take out my decorations on 1 advent.

You're not the only one who does that. :o

One crafty thing my grandmother used to do (she did this with birthday cards as well) was to cut them and make a collage, then laminate them and use them as placemats at Christmas time. The birthday ones she made from kids birthday cards and they would use them til they wore out.

chickybird
12-31-2009, 01:09 AM
LitChick, what a cute idea!