100 lb. Club - Oh, happy day!

View Full Version : Oh, happy day!

ANewCreation
12-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Today is such a good day!!!

I started off only working on my eating habits then as I lost wt I worked on just becoming a more active person. Now, I'm feeling like I can start to incorporate more activity in my life. Two days ago I found out that our small indoor community pool offers water aerobics at a very reasonable price, and not only that-- they offer all their classes on a drop in basis. That means if the weather is nasty I don't lose money for missing a class I couldn't make.

Met the lady that teaches some of the classes and talked to her about my arthritis. She really seems to know her stuff!

Ordered a nice suit online yesterday because my old one does not fit. Really didn't want to wait a week to start the aerobics but didn't really want to wear my bike shorts and tank top to class. Today, on the way to meet friends, I ran across a resale shop that carried brand new swim suits in a very limited selection (still had the original tags on them and the panty liners in them). Bought two new swim suits at a fraction of the original cost. If the one I ordered fits (and I think it will) it was also on clearance and I will be rewarded with 3 new suits. If it doesn't, I can return it.

Oh, happy day!!! Tomorrow I go to my first class!!!

CLCSC145
12-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Good for you! I love hearing stories of people breaking out of their routines to try something new! It's something I should do a lot more of...

299lbs
12-30-2009, 12:52 AM
Woho!! I'm happy for you :D

ANewCreation
12-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Today was my first day of water aerobics and I LOVED it!

The instructor really knows her stuff and gives excellent instruction. I feel so limber and loose--especially my arthritic knee!

I am really looking forward to doing this 3x a week!!! And this from a gal that has never found any kind of exercise she enjoyed!!!

Judy Lynn
12-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Whoo hoo! That is so cool! I'm glad you found an activity you enjoy, makes it so much easier to stick to.

TJFitnessDiva
12-30-2009, 05:04 PM
That is awesome...I'm glad you found an activity you can enjoy! :)