Exercise! - Triathlon Report (pics)

View Full Version : Triathlon Report (pics)

LeedaRenee
12-29-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't suppose anyone remembers me? I was a big blogger here and am still blogging. I'm still running and losing weight very slowly,but I'm in the best shape of my life. Anyway, I completed a triathlon in October and thought I'd share it here since this site was such a big motivator for me to start running. I'll be posting more often and getting ready for more races. Anyway, here's the report from my blog:

http://runninginafatsuit.com/blog/2009/12/my-first-triathlon-race-report/

LotusMama
12-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Congratulations on completing the triathlon! That is very impressive; you must feel so strong! Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

J

Aclai4067
12-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Congrats! A triathlon is one of my goals. It's so awesome that you completed one.

SGeranium
12-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Congratulations. I did my first tri this fall as well. There will be more in my future. I will look forward to your posting

RMatS
12-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Congratulations! Nice job, I wish I was there.

Ilene
12-30-2009, 11:24 AM
What a great report you look awesome at that finish line! I've always wanted to do a triathlon but the river swim scares me...but after reading your report I really should try it... The triathlon they have here there is segment that is called the «Try-a-Tri» I should really check it out... The river is just down the street from my place and I could very easily go practice... You've given me the incentive to try it... Thanks!

midwife
12-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Congrats!! :carrot:

EZMONEY
12-30-2009, 12:08 PM
great job!!

LeedaRenee
12-30-2009, 01:57 PM
What a great report you look awesome at that finish line! I've always wanted to do a triathlon but the river swim scares me...but after reading your report I really should try it... The triathlon they have here there is segment that is called the «Try-a-Tri» I should really check it out... The river is just down the street from my place and I could very easily go practice... You've given me the incentive to try it... Thanks!

Ilene, I just started swimming this past April when I decided to do the tri. I was scared to death. My friend took me to a reservoir locally and we swam in it to practice. Being out in that water takes courage if you're not used to it. But it made me proud that I could.

Be sure to have someone with you when you practice, for safety reasons. I started out with a life jacket in open water just to build my confidence. Good luck!