General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #1  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Bachelor Party, strip club ok?

So how would you feel if your husband wanted to go to a strip club for his bachelor party? Would you be ok with it because its just so cliche and expected or would you feel betrayed and upset?
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I can't speak from personal experience as my DH thinks strip clubs are tacky, but I don't think it would bother me all that much. I have been to them before and have seen what goes on and I don't think I would ever feel betrayed by DH seeing a naked woman on a stage.

I think it's all kind of silly, personally.

ETA: I guess I should clarify that if you have a moral objection to strip clubs as a whole, then it's a bit of a different story. If you are completely appalled by it, I would think he would take that into consideration.

Last edited by junebug41; 12-29-2009 at 03:28 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

I wouldn't worry about it as long as you trust him. Personally, I would want my fiancée to keep his hands off (not just at the strip club, but wherever they take him!), other than that I don't really have any concerns. Even though, I would NOT want a recap of the night at all, since that may make me jealous for some stupid reason.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

If you would have asked me when my DH had his bachelor party I would have been very against it....fast forward to now and I'd tell him to go for it as long as they don't go to the private rooms.

I do parties every once in a while for strippers at some of the clubs on Bourbon Street and got to see what happens there. It's no biggie, just a little envious at some of the tricks they can do on the pole lol *but* I'm a little desensitized to stuff that others would consider taboo subjects.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I wouldn't like it one bit. My belief is if you wanted to stay single and party with drinking, girls, and the boys then you shouldn't have a girlfriend and ask her to marry you. Just my own opinion.. and what I expect from a partner.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #6  

Height: 6'2

I don't have a problem with it personally, as said before, as long as it isn't a private room. In California, there is a no hands rule at 99% of the clubs. They would just be dancing for him, getting him revved, and sending him back home to me. Rawr :0D
luvtolose728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Before we were married, DH was dragged to a strip club for his birthday (weekend after we got engaged-so similar situation.) His friends wouldn't tell him or me where they were taking him. We (myself and other friends) were meeting up with them later, so I didn't think about it. When our movie was over, I called and called and called and got no answer (camera phones aren't allowed in strip clubs.) So I called his best friend, who lied to me and told me they were at a bar and it was loud which is why DH didn't pick up his phone.

Of course, DH told me where they were as soon as we met up! I was so mad at his best friend. Not because they went to a strip club, but because he lied to me. I don't think he ever really understood it was the lie that made me mad. Top that off with the fact that they knew that DH wasn't fond of places like that and I was pretty pissed off. It all seemed very selfish.

The funny thing is that had they been honest about it, all of us girls would have been up to going with them. It's really not a big deal.

So, if he (and his buddies) are honest with you, I don't see a problem with it.

DH ended up going to one of his friend's bachelor party and there was a stripper there. That didn't phase me.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Depends on your level of trust in the man. With nearly all of my ex-boyfriends I would have FLIPPED OUT if they'd gone to strip clubs. Totally freaked out - I'm talking big fight. And if he did end up going, I would've been beside myself. Know why? Because I didn't trust they wouldn't do anything.

Fast forward to now, with my husband. I would've let him go to a strip club for his bachelor party (if he had one), and I'd let him go now. In fact, I'd drop him off there while I went shopping if it was an option. I know in my heart and soul he's going to do NOTHING with any of those women that would be inappropriate or affect our relationship. The only way it would bother me now is if he wanted to go weekly (for the record, he hasn't been a single time since we've been together).
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If it really bothers you then talk to your fiance. If he's hellbent on it ask yourself what about it bothers you. Maybe explain to him why it bothers you without saying things like "those girls are sluts" and "you are stupid to want to go" because that'll just make him get defensive...

For me personally I wouldn't be THRILLED about it but I trust my hubby to know nothing will happen. Honestly I think a lot of it embarasses the guy and the party is really for their friends and not them.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #10  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

The funny thing is, im not engaged, my friend is and Ive just fast forwarded myself to my own future. And Ive also been to a strip club before with with my friends cause I will admit watching the girls dance is more like a show for us then trying to be turned on. My boyfriend has never been to one and said he has no intentions on going. I know most of his friends and quiet and shy and wouldnt be able to bring themselves to even going anyway. I guess lately ive just had so many issues with my own body I dont even want to think about him looking at another girl naked knowing ill never have a strippers body.
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #11  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Well then I'd say when you start dating someone one of those questions would be "how do you feel about strip clubs" if you meet a guy who says "oh I go all the time" you know to keep looking lol.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #12  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

My hubby is a major dork. His friends dragged him to a strip club before we were engaged..and when he called me..all I heard was him playing a video game! I was like.."do you not understand that you're at a strip club and not an arcade?" LOL!! I don't really care if he goes. I went to them all the time with my friends. Mostly it was just drunken fun. I even took my hubby to one and all he did was sit in the back drinking soda..while I was sitting up front with a friend throwing money at them, lol. And btw..you're not allowed to touch the girls. The girls are really nice, and don't make you feel like crap. They even offer to give YOU a lap/table dance. You can even learn a few tricks yourself

I think that if it really upsets you, then you should tell him how you feel. Ask him how he would feel if you saw male strippers. I'm guessing he wouldn't like it. (and dont ever go to one..its kinda gross, lol) Or have a Bachelor/Bachelorette party, and skip the strip clubs..and go to a regular club and have fun.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 12-29-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

We have been married 17 years and I wouldn't care if he went now. If I find out he is shoving money down some girl's pants--well, that's a whole other story. I think he has been once on a business trip.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

The only issues I had with DH's bachelor party at a strip club were:

1) It was the night before the wedding, so he was dragging butt the morning of the wedding.

2) The boys paid for him to be dragged on stage. The stripper, having been told the wedding was the next day, thought it would be cute to blindfold him, then write curse words ON HIS FACE in permanent marker. So in our wedding pictures, his face is red from the massive scrubbing it took to get the marker off.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #15  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I don't think it would bother me.

Funny stripper story: My very drunk friends thought it would be a great idea to go to a male strip club in New Orleans a few years ago. As my one friend was stuffing a dollar bill down the front of a dancer's g-string she turns to my other friend and says, "THIS is why you should always wash your hands after handling money!!!" Now I can't help but think, "Where has this been?" when I get change...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote