Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

Default Thank You RockinRobin for the Inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
The time I was losing weight was one of the most thrilling, fabulous times of my life. I enjoyed every single second of the self-transformation, self discovery and self growth. I urge you to find the joy in your journey as well. And you will, you WILL.
These words really hit me, in a good way! A few years back I was at 250 lbs. and got down to 185 lbs. I had forgotten how much I LOVED that! It seems right now I've gotten so bogged down with the hassle of losing weight and focusing on the negatives like not being able to eat this or drink that and beating myself up because I don't think I'm exercising as much as I should, etc. etc. I forgot to EMBRACE it and I forgot how fun and exciting it was to get on the scale and see a loss or try on a new size of clothing at the store or get a compliment from someone that I'm looking great.

You made me realize that I need a little attitude adjustment this time around and I thank you for that!!
Bombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Thank you Rockin Robin...

I would not weigh 65 pounds less than I did last June if it weren't for the MANY times I've repeated something to myself that Robin has posted.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:17 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Thank You RockinRobin for the Inspiration!
You are so very welcome. And I thank YOU so much for the kind words. You too ubergirl!

You've made my day. It pleases me greatly to know that my long & repetitive ramblings of the things that I have experienced, may have helped you in some way.

And yes (oy. here I go again), find the joy in this. Adhering to a healthy lifestyle is no burden, no hardship. No, not even close. It is a joy and a blessing. Don't dread it. Look forward to it. Embrace it, celebrate it. Challenge yourselves. Reach. Push yourself. Delve. Strive. Learn. Grow. Prosper. Discover who you were meant to be.

Okay. I'll stop. For now.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I was going to post a thread thanking all the maintainers for the unbelievable amount of wisdom spouted around here! None of us would be as successful as we are without it, I don't think. It's an amazing thing to see someone actually living the dream, rather than just chatting with those who are struggling. It's good to see that our goals are achievable, and not only achievable, but realistic too and that it's possible to keep it off!

I feel very blessed to have found this site and it's largely due to our maintainers. Thanks guys!

Last edited by Eliana; 12-29-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post

You've made my day. It pleases me greatly to know that my long & repetitive ramblings of the things that I have experienced, may have helped you in some way.
I've only been here about a month, and already I've read and re-read the same "repetitive" things from you and it amazes me that you have the energy to repeat yourself as many times as you do and with the same enthusiasm each and every time! You need to be repetitive because you're always talking to someone who is "hearing" it for the very first time. I don't know if I'd have the patience to do what you do. You're amazing!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #6  
Taking care of me.

Yes Robin

Thank you Thank you Thank you

How do most people achieve success? It seems to be by repeating successful/positive/encourging/progressive actions/steps/thoughts over and over and over...........again.

So please keep repeating yourself. Some of us need that. I know I do.

I want to extend this thank you to others as well. Not just those who have lost and are maintianing but to everyone who comes here and posts faithfully. I mostly lurk but believe me, I'm soaking up the advice, laughter, sadness, inspiration, challenge, motivation, determination, support, and willingness.

You know who you are but just to name a few: RomanceDiva, GoddessJessica, OnederChic, Kaplods, CLCSC145, Ubergirl, Mandalinn82, Time2Lose, DCHound, EZMoney, Heather, gggirls, Salsa_Chip, nelie, Catherinef, and cfmama.

THANK YOU.

Last edited by MoveMoveMove; 12-29-2009 at 02:02 PM.
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

this thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! haha!
Bombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #8  
BELIEVE!

I agree...Robin, you ROCK! Not a day goes by that I don't find myself thinking about many of the wise things you say on the boards!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #9  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

You do rock RR!!!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #10  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Aw, that's so nice.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:30 PM   #11  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Agreed, Robin Rocks!!!!!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:04 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Thank you all so much.

The truth is this entire place ROCKS. It's like we're one big team all pulling for one another and helping each other out in every and any way possible. It's wonderful to be able to share thoughts and experiences with folks that know exactly what you're going through.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote