100 lb. Club - What are you doing to get back on track?

KaCee J
12-28-2009, 09:26 AM
I feel pretty certain that I am not the only one who has gone a wee bit crazy through the Holidays, but as it is winding to an end I am making plans to get back on track and play a little catch up for eating all those peanut butter bon bons :) Just wondering what everyone else is planning on doing to get back on track? I am starting 30 Day Shred....hopefully I will live through it.

Happy New Year!

Windchime
12-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Yep, I went a wee bit crazy, too. More than a wee bit, actually. I'm up almost 5 pounds; it can't all be fat but I'm guessing that at least a couple of pounds are. It's a little discouraging to realize how quickly I was able to return to just eating like a machine, even when I knew I should stop.

So: today the leftover chips, cookies, dip, and everything else are going in the trash. Sadly, there isn't much left because I sucked it up like a vacuum cleaner but whatever's left will go. I am packing a lunch to take to work and am planning to take my gym clothes as well. Today (for the first time in 3 weeks), I will count calories and log them. I need to get back to being focused.

cathydoe
12-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Up 3 lbs here...damn...

I guess I really needed to write down what I was vacuuming in through my mouth! But then that would have made it more real and I would have had to have been accountable. >all said with EXTREME sarcasm!!<

All right...focus...I am accountable for what I put in my mouth. I am on track and doing good things for me!

susiemartin
12-28-2009, 03:21 PM
I got all of the junk out of the house :cool:

Arctic Mama
12-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Yup, I shuffed some leftovers off on my husband and got the sugary stuff o of the house, to be eaten by someone else or more slowly by my kids. I also never stopped logging, except Christmas dinner (I still approximated) and so I never got out of the habit of continued accountability.

My success, as always, simply hinges on brutal honest with myself. Every meal I just have to strive for healthy portions of healthy food. Now that the junk is gone it is back to business as usual :)

Lyn2007
12-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Making sure I bike EVERY day even though I am sick. And I just started doing a couple sets of wall push ups and crunches every other day to gear up for my strength training program I will start in a week.

StarryEyes86
12-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Starting on Thanksgiving until Christmas Day, I was WAY off the bandwagon. It was because the holidays are just me and my mom and we cook way too much food for left overs. I was basically eating a Thanksgiving dinner almost everyday for a week and gained about 10 pounds. I'm back on track, and there are Christmas dinner leftovers but we FROZE them and it's too much of a hassle for me to thaw any of the potatoes out. I'm eating much better and I feel a lot better and excited to be back on track!

Beverlyjoy
12-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Well - ridding the house of sweets is number one for me. I have a list of things I will aim for each day (planning food, lots of water, journal food & feelings, eat with TV off, fork down between bites, meditation etc.) I don't know if I can do every one thing - but, I will aim for it.

belezura
12-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Back in track today (monday)...
Was OP during the whole day... going to the gym and just keep going until...

New Years Eve... :(
and then get back on track again...

cfmama
12-28-2009, 07:39 PM
I came home ;) lol!!!! Seriously though we travelled 12 hours to be with my in-laws and left all the junky food there! I am planning on sticking to my "walk away the pounds" drinking lots of water to flush sodium and sticking to plan LIKE GLUE even over New years eve!

redreine
12-29-2009, 02:17 AM
Not so much a "Get back on track after Christmas!" deal for me, but today I splurged a bit.

Ate 3 pieces of chocolate, a king size bag of peanut m&ms, and drank a 32 oz. Dr. Pepper.

I'm just being totally zen about it, though. Like I always say, we're human and we make mistakes...if we didn't do the latter, the former would no longer be true, lol. Not to mention, stressing out makes it worse, if because of nothing else, stress causes weight gain!

Tomorrow is a new day, and I'll do better tomorrow. Each day is a learning experience, and this is going to take my whole life. ;)

TempleBody
12-29-2009, 02:35 AM
When I get back from my NYE mini holiday, I'm going to keep an accurate food journal, count calories, meal plan before hand, and because of my insane schedule.... i'll be cooking the food the day before! My schedule requires me to be insanely organized, well-planned, and disciplined.

For exercise, I will be hitting the gym for BodyPump 3x a week and then other classes (BodyCombat, Body Attack, or BodyStep) 3x a week too. Monday's I will have to exercise at home. I will try to do some stretching and gentle exercise at home too in the evening when my food temptation is at its peak.

Aside from the excerise, the above I rarely did to lose my 80lbs. I just ate healthy and packed a lunch/snacks. I didn't always record what I ate and the portions of it. I often had treats too. .... so in order to lose the next 50lbs, I know I must really kick up the game and be ACCOUNTABLE.

299lbs
12-29-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm just glad it's only Christmas once a year!!

My mother made me eat _alot_ (I love her; she cooks and loves me.), and so on monday it was back to my Low-Everything-Diet and some VLC (very low cal) shakes! And going to the gym, of course! ;D

rakel
12-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Less food, more exercise. Pushing myself to work harder. I will lose this weight, even if I have to keep shaking myself off.

Boomcha
12-29-2009, 02:01 PM
SO so so off track for the last couple of weeks, but rather than feel guilty about it, I just enjoyed it. Cause really, it WAS fun. :D I'm not even sure how much damage I've done (afraid to look)!! My clothes at least are still as loose as they were a few weeks ago.

Now I'm back at work and back into my routine of healthy eating and elliptical workouts. I'll weigh in New Year's Day and see how much real catching up I'll need to do!

Michelle98272
12-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Being aware of what I eat. Treating myself kindly. Acknowledging that I have a real live issue with food and dealing with it accordingly. Drinking more water, moving my body a bit more (dancing, walking). Loving myself.

caryesings
12-29-2009, 04:52 PM
I went back to logging food and exercise yesterday, 1 week earlier than I had planned because it was making me crazy not knowing where I really stand on calorie deficit (I'm the weirdo who rarely gets on the scale).

redreine
12-29-2009, 09:39 PM
I got in a shouting match today with my boyfriend over losing weight. (In the almost 8 months we've been together, this is only the 3rd time either of us has raised our voices!)

I was frustrated because I was up at 9 this morning (like usual), and 3 in the afternoon was creeping up without me having anything to eat or drink yet. We were discussing what to eat and I was talking about being fed up with dieting, and hating not getting to eat the foods I want, when I want. (basically just being a baby, because I really do know better)

He told me it's really more about eating less and exercising more (duh), and I yelled "I HATE EXERCISING!" (I wasn't yelling at him, just yelling out of frustration) Then he started yelling at me, and I started crying...ugh. Needless to say, my day dietwise spiraled out of control.

Breakfast:
Nothing

Snack:
Nothing

Lunch:
Nothing

Snack:
Tortilla chips
Chili Cheese Dip
Pay Day Avalanche
8 oz Dr. Pepper

Dinner:
3 slices Bacon Cheeseburger pizza (frozen, not take-out)

Snack:
Tortilla chips
Chili Cheese Dip

:(

A new dawn, a new day. :)

Lexxiss
12-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Last year was my disastrous holiday season. I started at Thanksgiving and went on past Easter. I gained back 20 hard lost pounds. The pain was enough to stay on track this season..and continue...and continue. I decided to "maintain" my loss from TG to NY. I enjoyed some treats and turned others down.

I am getting back on track in my own way, jumping into the more restrictive phase of SBD and upping my exercise...one day at a time.

gloo
12-29-2009, 10:33 PM
I did pretty well over the holidays, so I guess I consider what I do from this point forward a sort of stepping it up.

My number one priority is to get myself moving again. Alas, there was a time when I was in the gym 5 days a week. I actually sustained that for quite awhile until I had a knee injury and the doctor told me to take it easy. At which point, of course, taking it easy became a lifestyle choice. Heh. So yeah, there's that.

The second thing I'm doing is sort of A Big Deal, at least in my little brain. My boyfriend and I finally made the decision to go vegetarian. It's something we've toyed around with maybe sort of thinking about over the years, and yesterday he came out of nowhere and made the commitment. I'm psyched.

I was a vegetarian for about 2 1/2 years back in my 20s, but I had absolutely no idea how to eat healthily. If I remember correctly, my diet consisted of cheese, potatoes and inhuman amounts of alcohol. Oh yes, I was a great vegetarian. With that in mind, I still felt better than than I do now, so I can imagine that making this change as an informed and educated adult will only bring even better results.

We ate the last of our non-veg meals tonight, and only because we already had chicken in the fridge that we didn't want to waste. Even so, I think we both felt a little gross and guilty. It was almost a relief to get dinner over with so we can move on now.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The key will be keeping my 6'2", 220 lb. truck driving carnivore happy. I would like to thank Google in advance -- I'm gonna be searching the crap out of the internet for recipes.! :)

Ama Jen
12-29-2009, 11:57 PM
I had to get rid of the cookies! I ate meals in moderation throughout the holidays... but then I saw the cookies that seem to have magically piled up. I took them to work :)

I'm also only drinking water for the next month... I have had so much sodium that I'm becoming preserved.

Trazey34
12-30-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm happy to report I didn't fall off the food-wagon, planned and plotted and schemed to enjoy ONE fabulously perfect christmas dinner with all the fixins (oh yes there was gravy involved) and happily said no to other temptations so i could enjoy it without a twinge of guilt. I DID however, fall off the walking-wagon and boy did I pay for it! without walkies, my hips started hurting and I felt sluggish and tired -- once i started up again, things improved! Let's all just remember what works for us, and get to it :)

CLCSC145
12-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Holy moly, Trazey, you're SO CLOSE to 100 pounds lost!!!!!! Go on with your bad self!

hotstuff
01-02-2010, 09:39 PM
I definitely went nuts on food and drink this holiday! I actually gained about 5 pounds since Thanksgiving!
To get back on track, I'm doing it in little doses. I bought a notebook where I taped a picture of myself from this summer and how I felt back then and why I didn't like it. Next, I put down my goals for the year AND how to get there. I want to lose weight, of course, so I put down ways I'll do it: yoga, count calories, and start running again. Then I listed a few races throughout the year that I want to train and run.
Now, I'm using the same journal to track my food, my calories, how I feel, what I'm thinking, what workout I did, and I use stickers to mark the good stuff (ate all my calories, don't feel bloated, good ideas that keep me going, etc.).

Seeing it all in print and having that photo greet me every time I eat reminds me of why I'm doing this in the first place.