Old 12-28-2009, 01:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/188/138

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default Headache from ****

I am on Day 3 of the Yellow menu & I feel like I am dying from having no caffeine!!! For pre-conditioning I cut back on the cokes. I went every other day without caffeine and I starting drinking Diet Rite. Now - NO SODA on the Yellow Menu & I am hurting bad! Took a Vicadin (spelling???) and STILL have the headache!!! Anyone else experience severe withdrawls? What can I do to help?
Anti Gluten Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/159/148

Height: 5'9"

Hardcore cardio exercise- really sweating, blood pumping in the fresh air.

don't take vicadin! that will just make you tired and thus, more headache-y.

Also try peppermint or ginger tea (naturally caffeine free).
bonnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

caffeine headaches are awful. I've gone through it before and sworn I wouldn't go back to caffeine--so as to not have to go through withdrawal again....but I haven't always stuck to that promise....

I would talk to your center to see if you could have just a smidge of caffeine and keep tapering down.....or if you need to just get through this cold turkey part for a few days and have it done. I honestly don't know what they'd say...but think I would at least ask.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Gluten Chick View Post
I am on Day 3 of the Yellow menu & I feel like I am dying from having no caffeine!!! For pre-conditioning I cut back on the cokes. I went every other day without caffeine and I starting drinking Diet Rite. Now - NO SODA on the Yellow Menu & I am hurting bad! Took a Vicadin (spelling???) and STILL have the headache!!! Anyone else experience severe withdrawls? What can I do to help?
I know how to send private messages now. Click on my user ID and it will give you the option of sending a private message. If this doesn't work for me by the time my weeks are up (4/5/2010) I am going to try Healthy Figures. It is also in Tyler.
not going to give up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #5  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

i never gave up caffiene (SHHhhhh! dont tell!) did try to limit myself to only one or 2 cups of coffee a day though, and it was hard teaching myself to drink it black.......
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:42 AM   #6  
Tellin' it like it is!

PS
if you are taking the all day weight loss supplement than you ARENT off caffiene, and its all in your head.( DONT YELL AT ME! Just making a point!). Although you may be getting LESS than your body is used to..... food for thought........ My center said that is the reason they dont want us to take any more caffiene, because we are taking it in the supplements...

Last edited by mkroyer; 12-28-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
PS
if you are taking the all day weight loss supplement than you ARENT off caffiene, and its all in your head.( DONT YELL AT ME! Just making a point!). Although you may be getting LESS than your body is used to..... food for thought........ My center said that is the reason they dont want us to take any more caffiene, because we are taking it in the supplements...
Great point. I was just typing in the ingredients of the supplements I bought--in case I want to use some supplements down the road and am not in MRC at that point--figure I can find something comparable. The before lunch support of all day weight loss does have caffeine.

I wish I had known this up front myself as I wouldn't have obsessed over it to the degree I hae...I figured they limited your caffeine due to it drawing from hydration.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:56 PM   #8  
Tellin' it like it is!

nope, they just dont want you to overdose on caffiene! Although they wont TELL you that, unless you prod them for it
Old 12-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

At my center, they suggest taking extra vitamin B12 to prevent caffeine headaches and for me it works completely. I used to drink at least 20 ounces of Mountain Dew a day or more (literally because I work at a hospital where it's the drug of choice). I quit caffeine cold turkey, started the B12 pills at the same time and have not had a caffeine headache at all, and believe me I used to get them if I missed just one or two days of drinking caffeine. I buy the cheapest one they have at Walgreens which is store brand 100 pills with 100mcg dose of B12. Works for me and is what my center recommends.

Last edited by desilu0; 12-28-2009 at 03:03 PM.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:04 AM   #10  

Great Advice- Thank y'all so much! The only supplements I bought from MRC are the overpriced Flaxseed & MRC-6. I finally broke down & got me a diet coke, I felt like blowing my brains out I was in so much pain!!!! Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it!
Old 12-31-2009, 02:06 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by not going to give up View Post
I know how to send private messages now. Click on my user ID and it will give you the option of sending a private message. If this doesn't work for me by the time my weeks are up (4/5/2010) I am going to try Healthy Figures. It is also in Tyler.
Hey! It still will not let me send you a message---Maybe cause I haven't been a member for 20 days?? Hopefully soon. I have not heard of Healthy Figures in Tyler. Is it the next big thing like LA Weight Loss was at one time or like WW?
Old 12-31-2009, 09:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Gluten Chick View Post
Hey! It still will not let me send you a message---Maybe cause I haven't been a member for 20 days?? Hopefully soon. I have not heard of Healthy Figures in Tyler. Is it the next big thing like LA Weight Loss was at one time or like WW?
I think it might be the 20 day thing. I called Healthy Figures and they give you a injection of Vitamin B12. I met a lady that had gone to Healthy Figures and lost alot of weight. I had already paid my money to MRC and wanted to give it a try. The Christmas put me right back where I was when I started. I think it is just sodium and water gain. If a pound is 3000 calories, there is no way I could add that many pounds back in a week.
not going to give up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 283/199/157

Height: 5'7

The headaches do stop in a few days. I used to drink 4 or 5 diet pepsis a day. When I had to quit cold turkey, I had major headaches but they stopped after 2 weeks. I have not cheated once! I sure wanted to though...
champagneblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #14  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

I have had a headache since last nite. It started out as a dull ache, but this morning I woke up at 5 with a terrible headache. I started precon yesterday, but I really am just following the green menu(not first time on MRC). So maybe the drastic diet change is what caused it. I have never totally gave up caffience on MRC, I dont tell the center though. Giving up my coffee is just not somthing I want to do. I do cut back on the amount I drink and try to buy caffience free diet soda and always drink my water. Just try to get enough water and if need be just slow down on caffiene instead of cold turkey. Hope you feel better.
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3''

I stopped cafeine on Saturday and today (tue) is my first day without a head rolling headache. I have been taking aleve and it helps.

My center told me the cafeine makes you hungry? Hmmmm..... suspicous! I love diet dr. pepper! If the supliments have cafeine then why can't I have it?
Cassondra00 is offline   Reply With Quote