Exercise! - Everyday Exercisers ~ August!

View Full Version : Everyday Exercisers ~ August!

MarvintheMartian
08-06-2002, 11:56 AM
Thought that I'd start a new thread, since it's August now (yikes!) and the last one was a little long at 3 pages!

Had a nice, relaxing, long, lazy weekend, and now I'm feeling a bit more energized... which is handy, since we have a lot to do!

Plans for today include Curves, stopping at my mom's to pick up some more stuff to take home, and a quick stop at the grocery store....

Pamela ~ Hope Em's feeling better! :)

Stamper ~ Hope you have a wonderful vacation! :D

We probably aren't really gonna get one this year, since it's DH's busy season at work right now, and by the time that's over, I'll probably be too uncomfortable to go camping... :( I'll have to live vicariously through you two!

tupo_girl
08-06-2002, 03:14 PM
Glad to hear you had a nice relaxing weekend!
Em's feeling better, I'm about halfway through the cold and dh just caught it yesterday. It lets me be a hermit, yay! LOL.
My best friend and I went for a nice walk to the lake yesterday. Really helped me work through some things.
We're taking it easy today!
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
08-07-2002, 01:08 PM
Wish I could take it easy today! ;) Or this week, for that matter! Way too much to do.

I didn't get to Curves yesterday. Went to my mom's instead and hauled all my fridge stuff out of her house. Then took it home and stuffed it into my new fridge. What a workout, hauling all those bottles of stuff around! :)

Oh well... Curves will wait for me, until this afternoon! ;) I need to get myself weighed and measured, so I know how much damage is done so far! :smug:

tupo_girl
08-07-2002, 01:14 PM
Ooh yikes! Well take it somewhat easy, lol.

I found a lump in my breast this morning. I've been checking them almost every day for about a week or two now and accidently found it this morning. Waiting for dr's office to call back so I can get an appt. My mom had breast cancer at 16 (I'm thisclose to 24) and I was going to start mammograms next year. If you pray, please do so for me!
In Christ,
Pamela

tupo_girl
08-07-2002, 06:34 PM
Everything is ok! The depression I'm fighting was more of a concern. I love the midwife I saw. Very compassionate and motherly. Really helped me feel better. I will probably swing by my best friend's house tonight. I need a positive outlook (it's better already!).
In Christ,
Pamela

Stamper
08-11-2002, 01:55 PM
Pamela - from your second post on 8/7, does that mean they determined the lump was nothing to worry about? I certainly hope everything is okay.

Marvin - how are you? Sounds like getting settled in your house is continuing to keep you busy.

Well, I got a lot of exercise on my vacation. I walked every day and I also swam in the pool. But I weighed this morning and I had gained 3 pounds. Which is pretty frustrating since it took me about a month to lose 6 pounds. I am hoping those 3 will come back off fast.

Well, today I am going to swim but I am waiting until the pool gets part shady. I got a little sunburn on my arms and hands on Friday and even though it doesn't look bad it hurts when the sun shines on it. It feels like someone rubbed jalepeno peppers on my skin.

tupo_girl
08-11-2002, 02:26 PM
Nothing wrong with my breast! This cold, though, has been going on for over a week and a half now. Having lots of sinus pain. I'm going to call the nurse and see if I need to come in tomorrow.

Stamper, glad you got in a lot of excercise!!!!!
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
08-12-2002, 11:43 AM
Yeeks! Sorry that you had such a scare, Pamela! :o Glad that all is well though... I've heard that pregnancy can cause lumpy breasts... is that what your midwife figures happened? Sorry to hear that this sinus cold is still bugging you though... :( Bleh! Lots of good health wishes for you!

My DH has been sick the last few days, and has been miserable... luckily, I've managed to stay healthy. Not looking forward to getting sick while pregnant! :)

Stamper ~ Sorry about the burn! Ouch! But, good for you for getting in all that exercise while you were on vacation! :) And don't worry too much about that 3-lg. gain... could be anything... additional muscles (!), water weight, monthly fluctuation... you know! ;) So, don't stress, and keep up the great work! The number on that scale will drop again very soon, I know it!

As for me, well, the past few days have been kinda stressful.. we've had to hire a lawyer now, since our homebuilder will apparently not even return our phone calls... :( It's been nearly 2 months since they moved the house, and there's still 2 pages (small type) of things yet to be completed! So, we're sick of being put off all the time, and figure that our lawyer will get this stuff moving! It's aggravating though! I'll be glad to be done with it, and soon! :D

Oh well.. planning on getting my sorry butt to Curves tonight for some stress relief ;) then some walking tonight, while I do some deliveries for my home business... then a quiet night at home, while DH works late. *sigh*

sassypie
08-13-2002, 12:13 PM
Hello!! :)

I've been here at fat chicks for a while and I've seen this thread so many times and for some reason never posted - until today that is ;) . I don't exercise *everyday* but I do try with as much effort as I can muster, to w/o 6 days/week. I alternate strength training with aerobics and try (huge emphasis on *try*) to eat right - I don't always win that battle though - soooo many cookies with my name on them it seems :p .

Anyway, I'd like to get to know you all better and join in on the conversation from time to time. I'm usually here most days posting in the support section - do you gals post daily or is it usually less often?

Personally, I've found the more people you can be accountable to, the easier it is to stay true to your program. I think exercising is a support driven activity for many people (myself inculded) and that it can be so easy to procrastinate. Getting to know you and getting and giving support will help me (and hopefully you all too)!! I can't wait to meet you all so we can walk, run, step or kickbox this journey together! Talk to you soon :).

tupo_girl
08-13-2002, 04:00 PM
Hi Sassy Pie! Glad to have you here.
I try to at least check every day but don't post as much as I used to, or excercise everyday for that matter. Marvin and I are both expecting in Dec and that's hindered our excercise efforts a little bit though I think she's doing better then me, LOL. Now, I'm just trying not to gain as much weight as I did with my son and get in shape for the labor. I really like this board.

Glad to have you here.:)

For the record, I haven't done much of anything today, lol. Oh well. Feels good to be feeling better.
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
08-14-2002, 11:26 AM
Sassypie ~ Hi! And welcome! :) Sounds like you're doing as well as we are, if not better! IT's always been my opinion that you can only do the best you can, and it's better to eat what you want and exercise as often as you can, than to make yourself miserable on carrots and endless workouts. Make sense?

Like Pamela said, we're both expecting, and trying our best just to keep moving... Ive been slacking off on this lately, and am just getting back into the swing of things...again! :lol: I also try to check everyday, and post most days, except on the weekends, when I generally stay off the computer! :) Helps keep me motivated...

Pamela ~ Sounds like you're feeling better! :) Glad to hear that!

As for me, still plugging along, planning on Curves again tonight. It made me stiff and sore yesterday (from my Monday workout) so I'll have to scale back the intensity a bit, but it still feels real good! :smug: Also, planning on doing more walking doing catalogue deliveries for my business, so I'm set for today...

sassypie
08-14-2002, 12:10 PM
Hi gals :)

Pregnant and still working out - you ladies are my heros and my new inspiration!! If you can do it then I certainly know I can too - sometimes I feel pregnant even though I'm not ;) .

Marvin - I agree with you in regards to eating what I like and just working out more. I always pay attention and sometimes even argue with myself about what is going into my big mouth; but for the most part, I know if I deny myself now I'll just go for it again later - I'm stubborn that way :s: .

Tupo - I think it's great that you're trying to be healthier this time around. It can be so hard to stay motivated when you're carrying all that extra weight AND you have another little one running around. When I was pregnant with my second dd I could barely stay on my feet for more than an hour. My frame is so small and she was so big for it that she (as well as first dd) really gave me a run for my money! There's nothing wrong with taking a day off here and there - as long as it's only temporary ;).

Todays w/o du jour is upper body and pilates. Better get moving before my girls find me something to do. Take care of yourselves and talk to you soon!

MarvintheMartian
08-15-2002, 10:40 AM
G'morning!

Wow, had a good workout at Curves last night, then walked quite a bit with the deliveries, so I was exhausted. Then, DH wanted to talk last night, so I was late getting to sleep... Ugh... :yawn: Boy, do I need a nap! And I've only been up for 3 hours!

Oh well, at least today is a quiet day... was gonna do more deliveries tonight, but I think it's gonna have to wait for the weekend, since they're calling for rain, and wet snow (:o) for tonight and tomorrow! Yuck! At least it's supposed to be nice and cunny on Sat/Sun!

I'm alos thinking about taking next week off to get settled into the house... I've been putting it off, waiting on everyone to get the painting, etc... done, but I'm tired of waiting! :) They took this long, they can work around me! Ha!

Anyway, have a great day... I gotta go try to find a way to stay awake through the next 7.5 hours of work! ;)

sassypie
08-15-2002, 04:15 PM
Hi ladies :)

I've heard of Curves and I think there might even be one near my area, but I've never been. Do they have a program for pregnant women or do you just lighten up on your regular routine? Very interested to know this for the next time - it would be nice to be really healthy!

I ended up running out of time yesterday and didn't do my pilates routine but I did at least do the upper body w/o. I feel like such a slouch lately! Today I'm forcing myself to do pilates and then taebo and in that order too or I'll never be able to do pilates correctly! I have a slight headache though so hopping up and down right now does not sound that great (not that it ever really does anyway;) ). I'll just have to get through it regardless - no whiners here!!

Snow Marvin??? That really sucks, to be blunt! What's your typical weather up there anyway? I live near Chicago and the seasons are extreme down here so I can only imagine that they would be more extreme in the colder months up there. But snow in August??? Hope it's not too bad for ya and you get time to do those deliveries. The house sounds interesting too - I love anything to do with home improvement - it's really my passion!

I'd better scoot - take care!

MarvintheMartian
08-16-2002, 11:36 AM
Well, luckily the snow missed our area, and the sun has come out again, so the day might not be too bad after all! ;) Alberta is famous for it's funky weather! This year, we had three bad snowstorms in May & June! Ordinarily, it's not quite that bad... but we do have a pretty short summer and a looooooooooooooong winter! :lol:

Sounds like you have an ambitious plan, Sassy... pilates sounds so interesting to me... have you taken any classes, or use videos or what? I've done yoga (reminds me to pull out that prenatal tape that I have and get using it) and I enjoy that... always thought that I'd enjoy Pilates too... BTW, I agree, do the Pilates first, and then, if you still have your headache, skip the TaeBo! I hate getting my blood pumping when I can feel every throb in my head!

Curves is awesome... basically it's the same routine, 3 laps of the circuit, and being pg is no problem with that... I just watch how much I exert myself. Dr. has no problem with it, so long as it doesn't include bungy-jumping or skydiving! :lol: The owner of the Curves I go to had a baby a few months back, and she worked out daily for almost the entire pregnancy, even showing new members how to do the exercises.. then again, she regularly runs marathons too! (:p) It's the only exercise plan that I've ever stuck with, and I love it! Plan on working out there as long as I can, then a few months off post-partum, and back into the swing of things! :)

Speaking of which, today is Curves day again, which will make 3 times this week... which I'm thrilled with! Then, hopefully, with better weekend this weekend, I can get some stuff unloaded and unpacked from our storage trailer, and get out there to finish off my deliveries... Cross your fingers!

Not sure if I'll get on to post this weekend (I usually don't) but if not, I should see you on Monday! Have a great weekend!

sassypie
08-19-2002, 10:00 PM
Hi gals -

Marvin - Pilates is similiar to yoga - it's slow and focused. It works the inner abs muscles and is about strength and flexibility. It also works the back and the legs. I like it alot so far. Don't know enough about it to say if it would be safe as a pregnancy w/o. Makes me work though which is good good good!

Actually heading off in that direction now - upper body and pilates. Just wanted to pop in and see if you all made it through the "conversion" ok. Be back tomorrow with more - hope there's a few posts by then..... take care ladies :)

MarvintheMartian
08-20-2002, 12:12 PM
I'm here! I'm here! :) Looks a little different around here, but still mostly the same, which is nice!

Thanks for the pilates info... maybe it's something I'll take a closer look at after the baby's here... I barely have the energy to keep going to Curves, which I skipped out on yesterday... I found that M-W-F was too much for my aching body last week, so this week, I'm gonna go back to the T-Th, and see how that feels...

Otherwise, not much happening here, though we've been promised painters for the house today (again...), but I'm really not counting on them showing up and/or finishing the work... *sigh* It sucks to be this jaded! :p

sassypie
08-20-2002, 04:35 PM
Good day!!

Just wanted to get a quick post in before starting the evening chaos! I already did aerobics today so I'm glad that's done but I still have dinner and laundry staring me in the face - UGH!! Talk about jaded - it really stinks when you know that no matter how mant times you do laundry, it's still gonna be there in a few days - bigger and smellier than ever before! :lol:

Well, the girls are begging to play games on the pc and the dog is whining - must need to go out. Let the chaos begin!!!

Have a good rest of the day!

MarvintheMartian
08-22-2002, 10:07 AM
I must be losing my mind! ;) I was sure that I posted yesterday.... hmmmm...

Anyway, I ended up skipping Curves again on Tues, since I was soooooo tired, but I did go yesterday, and it was great. Gonna go for a walk tonight, then off to Curves again tomorrow.

See ya tomorrow! :wave:

tupo_girl
08-26-2002, 04:02 AM
Just a quick note! We just got in Sat night from our big long trip (drove from Minnesota to Pennsylvania and back with tons of stops!) and my little boy is now 2 as of Sunday. *sigh* I am wiped... Talk to you later!
In Christ,
Pamela

Stamper
08-26-2002, 07:55 AM
Hi everyone! I haven't been on the board for a while. I tried to get on last week and for some reason my logon and password were no longer "remembered". I deleted a bunch of cookies - that is probably why. So it took me a while to look up my password and get back on.

Welcome Sassy Pie! I'd like to hear more about pilates. Are you in a class or do you do tapes at home? Is there a lot of special equipment needed? I do yoga - I go to a class twice a week and try to do it at home a few times a week. I seem to get a lot of catalogs in the mail for yoga and pilates items - probably got on a mailing list because I subscribe to Yoga magazine. Anyway, they always have a lot of special equipment in these catalogs for Pilates but I wasn't really sure if it was necessary.

Marvin and Pam - glad to hear you are still doing well and working out when you can. Pam, where were you in PA? I saw you just got back from a trip to PA (which is where I am from).

I have been swimming a lot lately. I've really increase the number of laps I do and I've noticed it seems like it has made me more flexible when I do yoga. I've only been eating when I'm hungry and really have cut down on evening snacks. So I lost those 3 pounds I gained on vacation and also lost 3 more.
My class reunion is on Saturday 8/31 - wish I could drop about 70 by then! Anyway, I found a nice outfit that seems to slendarize a bit. I feel really good - I can feel the weight difference even though I have so far to go so that's a good motivator.

Have a good day! :)

tupo_girl
08-26-2002, 11:02 PM
Stamper, we went to a little area near Wilkes-Barre. I used to live in Hazleton. I forgot how incredibly beautiful it is out there, although it was sad to see it so dry.

I am wiped, wiped, wiped. *sigh* I want to go for a walk so bad, but I got exhausted cleaning the kitchen and keeping up with Emmett today. Just praying some of this eases up soon.
In Christ,
Pamela

Stamper
08-27-2002, 09:26 PM
Pam My dad is from a little town near their called Dallas. It is close to Wilkes-Barre. I spent a lot of time there in my youth visiting my aunt and uncle. All my relatives there are deceased or moved away now though. I haven't been there since my uncle's funeral about 2 years ago. It is pretty up there. Our whole state is very dry right now.

I imagine you are getting more tired now as it gets closer to your due date. The heat doesn't help either. Take care.

I swam 1/2 hour tonight. That was all I had time for. I had to do some work at home for my job.

Hope everyone is having a good week. :)

tupo_girl
08-29-2002, 03:00 AM
I know where Dallas is, in general. It was really sad to see how dry it was. We just continue to get rain out here. I feel bad (nothing I can do though, LOL).

I actually mall walked today and dh, ds and I walked around the block. My left hip joint is pretty loose though, so I'm hoping to start swimming at the community center soon.
In Christ,
Pamela

Stamper
09-02-2002, 10:41 PM
Hi - Pam, it's nice you could get out for a walk last week. Did you get to start swimming yet?

I haven't gotten as much exercise the last few days. It has been rainy and my foot was hurting so I didn't want to walk or use the ET. Saturday the sun came out and I swam about 45 minutes in the pool. Earlier Saturday I went to yoga. We did squats, yoga style and my knees have been aching since. Tomorrow I hope to get back into exercise mode. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Daretobeu
09-04-2002, 01:30 PM
Hi Ladies,
It seems that u guys are really into this exercising thing here. Can I join ur thread??? I just started the walk away the pounds videos last week, and hope I can be committed to them. I guess I feel a "connection" here as my daughter goes to school in Dallas Pa and we have lots of family up that way (both in-law and real). Thanks!!!

tupo_girl
09-04-2002, 05:04 PM
Hi Daretobeu! Glad you've joined us:).

I haven't started swimming yet, really craving it. My hip is so loose, it's not even funny. Guess that's a good thin though. Still walking, we've done a lot. We did the state fair on Sat and downtown Mpls today. I'm so tired. I'm tired anyway, so might as well excercise and keep in some sort of shape, right?

Hope everything is ok with Marvin!
In Christ,
Pamela

Stamper
09-04-2002, 08:57 PM
Hi Daretobeu! Now here's something funny. I went to college my last 2 years in Middletown at PSU Harrisburg campus. A bunch of my neighbors came from the Dallas area too. Is your daughter in college there? Glad to hear you've started walking.

Pam, sounds like you're still getting your walking in and getting your exercise. When you say your hip is loose, do you mean it slips out of place? I don't think I ever had that problem. I had trouble walking at the end of my pregnancy because the baby seemed so low and would kick and punch so low, it felt really weird.

It was cool here last week and rainy but the sunny the last 2 days so the pool temperature is back to the mid 70s. I went swimming last night and tonight. Tomorrow night I have yoga and hope to swim too.

I too hope Marvin is okay. Maybe she is busy with her house. How long is it until her baby is due?

bobsgal
09-04-2002, 09:39 PM
For those of you who go to Curves, how much does a membership cost? and do they offer childcare? Just trying to get some info. I want to join a gym after Christmas and those are 2 very important issues for me. Thanks.
Steph

tupo_girl
09-05-2002, 08:47 AM
Stamper, my hip feels like it kind of 'gives' when I walk, if that makes sense. It's normal, it's preparing for birth, LOL. I find that if I walk the right way (with my butt tucked under), it really helps. The other thing that isn't helping with the walking is that I'm carrying the baby really high and I think he/she is sitting on a lung. I get out of breath very quickly.
Marvin is due about 2 weeks after me, so closer to Christmas (I'm due 12-11).

I went to the PSU Hazleton campus;). LOL.

Might take ds outside for running around. I weighed myself today, it seemed a little high, even with maybe some water, but then I realized that I have been doing a ton of walking and it's probably muscle. Nice to see the leg definition again though. I missed it. I lost it on vacation, lol.
In Christ,
Pamela

Stamper
09-09-2002, 08:52 PM
Hi - I hope everyone had a good weekend. Pamela - I saw the Hazelton campus once. I can't remember why I stopped there though. I think I was just on my way to Wilkes-Barre and wanted to see it.

Anyway, it's been warm here again. Even though the nights are cool we've been covering our pool when we aren't in it, so the water is 80. I swam the last 4 days in a row and also got up early this am and did 30 minutes on our ET. So I'm on a role.

Hope everyone has a good week!

tupo_girl
09-10-2002, 12:17 AM
I never went to another campus.

It's gotten really warm here too, like the 90's! Yikes! We had 2 or 3 really nice autumny days last week. Sooo nice. The ac is sort of acting up too, so it's been in the 80's in the house, blech.
Good news though: the baby moved down just a little bit and I can BREATHE now, lol. It's amazing! I forgot what it was like to not have to work for every breath:). I've been building some muscle too, gotta keep that up. My stamina has increased also. I feel these are important things to have, hehe.
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
09-10-2002, 04:39 PM
Sorry! Didn't mean to worry you guys, by falling off the face of the earth! :lol: I was actually off work for two whole weeks! Ah, heaven!

Spent most of the first week at home, cleaning up and unpacking boxes, and then last week, I went to Montana with my mom to visit some friends... got back yesterday, so I'm completely exhausted, but it was well worth it! Did lots of baby sale and maternity clearance shopping, and brough home some pretty good deals, even with the crappy exchange rate! ;)

Anyway, I've been a slacker when it comes to exercise, but I'm gonna jump back on that bandwagon tomorrow with a visit to Curves...

Glad all is well with you guys, and I'm happy to be back. Everything is pretty darn swell with us lately (must be that 2nd trimester "honeymoon" and a vacation at the same time! :lol: )

Be back tomorrow! :wave:

Stamper
09-10-2002, 10:03 PM
Pamela, glad to hear that you are feeling stronger and can breathe better. I think our mini-heat wave is supposed to break tomorrow. It hasn't been bad though because it is cool at night and we've had low humidity.

Marvin - great to hear from you. I bet you DID get some excersise doing all that shopping! It's nice you got a break.

My update - got up early again and got on the Eliptical Trainer for 1/2 hour. Then I swam tonight for about 45 minutes. I have been taping movies that I want to see and watching parts of them while I work out on the ET. Works much better than reading on the ET. It seems like I'm done in no time and actually feel like I'd want to go further so I can watch more of the movie!

MarvintheMartian
09-12-2002, 11:26 AM
Well, I'm still being a slug! :devil: Haven't made it to Curves (though I hope to get there this afternoon!), haven't really done much in the way of movement... just getting caught up with work, and home stuff, and cleaning, and planning... whew! It doesn't help that I haven't gotten much sleep, let alone any quality sleep for a few nights now!

Anyway, just wanted to check in and let you know how "badly" I'm doing! :lol:

Stamper ~ That's a great idea about watching movies while you're on the ET... eventually, once we get the basement finished, I'll have mine set up by the tv down there, so I can use it while I watch my (taped) soaps! :) Keep up the good work!

tupo_girl
09-12-2002, 03:49 PM
Just plugging along over here, lol. Not much new to report but thought I'd post:).

Stamper
09-13-2002, 01:39 AM
Hi, Marvin and Pamela - nice to hear from you both.

I went to Yoga tonight, but that's it. Too cool out to swim tonight. I actually spent most of my night after the DD went to bed and DH fell asleep on the couch surfing the net. Anyway, it looks like it will get warmer this weekend and I can swim. The pool water was up to 81 last night.

When I was expecting I went to an exercise class called "Motherwell". It was neat - we had modified situps and practiced Kegels and also had a low impact aerobics routine. I did it right up until delivery and also swam. At the time, the Motherwell classes were offered around the US. I don't know if they are still around. I really enjoyed those classes plus the chance to talk to other moms-to-be and compare notes. Anyway, since you are both expecting, that just reminded me of those classes.

tupo_girl
09-13-2002, 12:42 PM
That sounds really neat, the Motherwell classes. I asked my friend if she'd be interested in swimming at the community center with me. Because of me having a little trouble breathing still, I'm nervous to swim by myself. We'll just put Em in the day care there and swim for awhile. Walking is still good.:)

MarvintheMartian
09-18-2002, 11:44 AM
Well, I've come to the decision that I'm gonna put my Curves membership back on hold, probably until after the baby comes. I'm just tooo tired to drag myself there at all, let alone once or twice a week, and I can't justify spending $42 per month on a memebership that I'm not using... :( Sigh...

I'm still trying to do stuff, even as little as parking farther away from buildings that I'm going to, but it's not much, and I'm feeling a lot of guilt about it. I'm just so damn tired, it's all I can do to get through a 9 hour work day, then make supper, tidy house, and do all those other little things that I have to do. I'm getting my blood tests and stuff done on Friday, and I'm suspecting anemia, but we'll see. If so, then maybe an supplement will help me out with my energy level, if not with my motivation... ;)

Anyway, this has turned into a pity post of a sort, and I don't want it to be too long, so I'll sign off now. I'll be back soon, and hopefully with a better attitude!

Luv ya!

tupo_girl
09-18-2002, 12:35 PM
I'm not getting a lot of excercise either. Going through a bad bout of depression right now. I made an appt with a therapist for next week. This has just been going on too long. That's what's going on here. Marvin, I hope both of us are feeling better soon! Please let us know how your appt goes.
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
09-20-2002, 01:50 PM
Had my GTT and Rhogam shot this morning, so hopefully, we'll at least have some of the blood test results in by my appt on Wed, though I'm not holding my breath! ;) Labwork is notoriously slow around here!

Anyway, sorry that you're feeling depressed Pamela... good for you getting yourself to a therapist! ((((hugs))))

Here's to both of us getting through our rough patches!

tupo_girl
09-21-2002, 06:16 AM
It's getting a little better. We are looking at an apartment today and my dad didn't realize that we were still living paycheck to paycheck so maybe he'll help out with the utilities here. He had given us a 2 month time period to move, but after realizing how depressed I was, took that off. Not sure if it's better to move before or after the baby. Maybe before!!

I did excercise yesterday though not of my free choice, LOL. We went to Mpls, got my sister and walked from her apartment to the brand new Hard Rock Cafe, 40 minutes EACH way, lol. I was hurting, but I think it helped the mood a little too. Doing better, plugging along.

I hope your tests come back quickly! I hate waiting for stuff like that. *hugs*
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
09-24-2002, 11:28 AM
Wow! 40 minutes each way! :o Way to go! :) Sounds like a great little workout, and I've heard that activity can help with depression, so you keep plugging along, girl!

That's what I'm trying to do too, just fit in a little here, a little there, and have it add up to something! :) I'm having another really tired day, having slept really badly last night, but that's par for the course, since I have to go into the city right after work today... *sigh* At least I can go to bed early tomorrow! Plus, I'm leaving for a massage in a few minutes, so that will be heavenly!

tupo_girl
09-25-2002, 01:44 AM
Ooh I got a preg massage on Sat, so good, lol. We're going to stay here for awhile, try to save. Things are going much better with my dad. Still looking forward to my therapy on Fri though!!
Did 2 levels of the MOA today, without a stroller (carried heavy diaper bag!). Then we ran around like fruitcakes trying to find my favorite bands new cd (they broke up in 96, so it's especially special). So yeah. So hard to tell when I eat too much or not. I figure if I'm walking a lot, I'm not going to worry about it.

Hope you get some sleep. That's one of the harder preg things. That's why I'm up right now. Oh sleep sounds soooo good, but doing this is better than just laying in bed in the dark.
In Christ,
PAmela

MarvintheMartian
09-27-2002, 12:46 PM
Just realized... we're still posting in a thread for August! :lol: We'll have to start another one for October!

Anyway, all my b/w came back fine, so I have no medical excuse for my sluggishness... I guess I just need more sleep. I just wish there were a few more hours in a night, that's all! :^: Oh well, I'm gonna give it my best shot, and hopefully, I can manage more sleep while still getting all my other crap done...

BTW, I just had my massage on Tuesday, and can we say heaven? :lol: I could do that every day! :) If only I could afford it....

tupo_girl
10-01-2002, 07:36 AM
Glad to hear you're massage went well!! I know, I could definitely do one a week at least, but they are very pricey!

Glad to hear too that you're not anemic. Pregnancy does a lot to our bodies, slows us down quite a bit.

Yesterday was my birthday! I'm 24 now. Emmett whacked me in the head with his head and then I fell *on* the stairs. I have an ob appt today so I'm asking for another u/s. Hehe. I can only see good coming from that;). It's starting to drive me nuts not knowing the sex.

I'm still trying to walk, but it hurts everywhere! Might have to break down and start swimming. I just don't want to do it alone, cause I'm afraid I would drown. Granted, I guess I don't have to go in the 6 ft end...
In Christ,
Pamela