Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-27-2009, 12:41 PM   #1  

Default The Daily Food Discipline

Hey there everyone, I don't know if anyone is struggling with this but I hope so because I need help is developing a solution.

I am very happy to report that I have lost 40 pounds. I still have around 20 pounds to go. I plan to lose those pounds Jan - April 2010. Because I am now down to the stretch, I know that in addition to daily exercise, I will need to tweak, overhaul the nutrition component.

I won't be able to eat just less pizza, I will have to eat something different altogether. I can have pizza occasionally, but any more than that will be pushing it.

Since I am a sales rep and spend 100% of my day in my car I am struggling with the discipline of pack my food each day!!! Frankly, I just hate it. But in order to manage what I eat, it is what I will have to do. Additionally I am really wanting to overhaul my diet to ensure better overall health.

That means packing meals (lunch) and snacks. I hate using baggies, so has anyone found a good multi container lunch bag system to use? I have seen a set in Wholefoods, Fit and Serve I think, however they don't sell a bag to put the items in.

Thanks in advance --
boyshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I have the fit and fresh (not sure if we are talking about the same thing.) It is nice because it has an ice pack that fits in the container to keep everything cold, but it's still plastic and it can stain and is hard to clean depending on what I've put in it.

I really want a set from here:

http://to-goware.com/

I understand that it can be hard to get in the habit of packing a lunch, but it is a really great thing to do. There are foods you can pack that are healthy, tasty, visually appealing and not boring. You can do it! If you pack all your food you will save a lot of money too. Maybe as an incentive you can put the money saved aside and buy yourself something you've always wanted once you reach goal?

I don't copy these sites, but find them to be great inspiration for lunch packing:

http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

http://lunchinabox.net/

Good luck! You'll have the last 20lbs off in no time!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #3  

Yes zenor, Fit and Fresh is what I meant.

Thanks for those dynamite suggestions. I especially love the tiffin. I had totally forgotten about that.
boyshanks is offline   Reply With Quote