100 lb. Club - Accountability / Menu / Support....week of 12/27/09

mj5
12-27-2009, 06:33 AM
Do you need a place for accountability? for support? to post your menu? Then come on in!!!!

mj5
12-27-2009, 06:37 AM
Good Morning everyone! Hope you don't mind that I started us out w/ a new thread.

I have been making terrible food choices and not working out. That changes TODAY! Next week I am going to change my re-start date/weight (TOM is here, so it's not really fair to do it today) and it's time to get serious. I do really well for a while, then allow myself to slip back into old habits. My hubby is eating healthier w/ me, so that will help. My blood pressure is high. I another appt in May and if it's still high, I have to start meds. I need to know that I have REALLY done what I can to avoid meds, but if I need them, then I do (I have a family hx of high bp, too, so that doesn't help). I also need to keep coming here--busy or not, I do much better when I am checking in.

rakel--we just have to keep at it. we are here for each other!!!

Bazz--Welcome!

Diane--How was your time off?

Beverlyjoy--Hope everyone is healthy again!

Hi to everyone else!

dgramie
12-27-2009, 10:40 AM
wow ...its scary what 4 days of eating can do to the body!! I am puffy and bloated!! My rings are so tight and my hands are even fat looking.
Today I have my notebook open and started counting my points again. Meals are planned and they will be healthy!! Time to guzzle water...get his fluid off me!!
mj- I am on meds for highblood pressure and sure didnt need all that country ham I ate!! I am glad to report that I am on half the meds for it I was a year and half ago. Weight loss really does help lower blood pressure.

Bazz Major
12-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone ;D

I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays! Us British people don't really stop celebrating until it's like two days after the New Year's Day :L

Hugs x x

Passionista
12-27-2009, 12:07 PM
I need support and accountability! I guess I need to post an intro thread in the 100 lb. area too. ;)

Mj5, I totally believe that you can significantly lower your BP naturally with healthy eating, nutrition, exercise and meditation or other natural ways; I've seen it done! Have you ever heard of or tried biofeedback? It sounds New Agey and all but I've seen amazing things happen with simple techniques. There are machines, CD's and computer programs that have been shown to lower BP naturally when used.

dgramie, that's so great that with weight loss you've lowered your BP meds!

Bazz Major, people on this side of the pond party that way too!

As for me, January 7-11 I'm going to be in Las Vegas and so I have to eat all the fresh veggies in the house. That's going to help me stay on track, that's the plan anyway!

To plan for this, I went to Costco yesterday and bought baby spinach, frozen blueberries, baby carrots, Brussels sprouts and cottage cheese to supplement the veggies I already have in the house.

I have what it takes to make green smoothies now and what I need for fresh veggies and good high protein snacks. I'm a strict vegetarian who is mostly vegan except *some* dairy. I focus on eating as many vegetables as possible, high fiber, low sugar (but no artificial sweeteners) and lots of water.

Today, I'm roasting Brussels sprouts, making curried lentil, leek, onion, carrot and garlic soup to have for the next 3 days. Along with the green smoothies and some cottage cheese, this should be good!

Bazz Major
12-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Haha, Passionista, that's awesome. I thought it was just us Britons who like to exaggerate the festive celebration ;)

Are you new to this forum? If so, then welcome! I am new too, but not to 3FC because I was in the 300+ lb club, despite not weighing over 300 lbs, haha. My mother was there so I joined for moral support!

lottie63
12-28-2009, 08:56 AM
hello ladies. so I'm starting my ny resolution a bit early (Staying on the wagon and going vegan) and hoping that by the 1st I'll be steady going.

last night I cooked bulk, I made some rice, beans, chickpeas, and veggie stock, I made chickpea seitan nuggets with the chickpeas, they are so good! :D

I also went grocery shopping yesterday for the first time at trader joes (SO CHEAP!) and then went ot the co op for things they didn't have. so we are all stocked up on healthy food! yay! :D

I got some butternut squash soup I can't wait to make. :D

hope everyone enjoyed their holidays!

mj5
12-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Good Morning!

dgramie--We had ham yesterday too....I have to break out the water today!!! That's good to know that your bp meds are much lower now.

Bazz--We still have one more Christmas party this coming weekend.....we like to stretch it out too!

Passionista--Welcome! Thanks for the info, I haven't tried biofeedback, but it's worth looking into. I am going to start doing Yoga in the am's again....that should help too AND it's a great way to start the day!

lottie--Great plan! I wish we had a trader joe's near us...I have heard lots of good things about them.

My plan is to hit the gym right after work for cardio. My clothes are in the car waiting for me! I will also drink LOTS of water!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Beverlyjoy
12-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Hi chicks...company is gone and things are kind of back to normal. (what ever that is) I hope you all had a good December.

Here's my plan:

breakfast - egg white scramble, pnb on lite toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - tuna salad on toast, veggies and dip
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - pancake, boca bacon, applesauce
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

meditation
stretches, etc
lots of water
aware eating
no eating while standing
journal feelings and food

MJ - thanks for missing me. I am glad to hear you have your work out clothes in the car. Go girl.

Lottie - I have friends that are vegan and love the way they eat. Good for you!

Dgrammie - it IS amazing what eating junkie things (sugar, fats, carbs, etc) will do to you. I feel bloated to. You can do this, friend.

Bazz - WELCOME I have friends from England. From Christmas, Boxing Day etc...it's a full week, indeed. So glad you've joined us.

Have a good day, friends.

rakel
12-28-2009, 01:01 PM
My eating is still a little sporadic, and I haven't been adding everything into the daily plate, but it's definitely been an improvement. I'm going to have a snack and get my exercise done for the day. Time to get back on track!

Passionista
12-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Yay, there's another veg person here! ;)

It's almost 10:30am and I still haven't eaten yet, not good! I've had water but I'm not sure what to have for breakfast. I feel it's too cold for a smoothie but I don't want to cook any veggies or soup right now. This happens to me a lot lately, where I just don't know what to eat and so I wait too long to eat.

I guess it's time to just go get something! ;)

connerash
12-28-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm new here and just beginning my new eat healthy plan. The holidays really sucker punched me with all the sweets and so much to eat. I started eating healthy today. 1/2 bagel with pnb, 1/2 cup yogurt, apple, 1 cup milk. Black beans and rice for lunch with some tortilla chips. My calorie intake for breakfast was about 450 and I wanted my lunch to be at about that, but ended up eating more of the beans and rice than I needed. I've got to control myself. I haven't had coffee or soda today. I had a cup of hot tea with no sugar and so far 4 glasses of water. Dinner tonight will be lean hamburger with whole wheat bun, onions, tomato, lettuce with some carrot sticks.

rakel
12-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Passionista: Welcome! I can relate to your eating dilemmas. I often do the same thing, and so I eat dinner really late which is not good! Just curious: Are you vegetarian or vegan?

Connerash: Welcome to the accountability group. It sounds like a very healthy plan you have there. I can stay full on a bagel for hours, which is good I guess because they tend to have a lot of calories. I still haven't been able to eat just one half of a bagel yet, though, so I usually tend to keep them out of my food plan.

Update: scale moved down .4lbs from my last weigh-in 2 days ago. YAY! :)

connerash
12-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Well my first day started off great and went down hill from there.

Rakel - I know what you mean about the bagel that's why I leave the house right after eating breakfast. But this morning after eating 1/2 bagel, yogurt, apple and drinking a glass of milk my mouth was tired of chewing... LOL! That's a first.

I think I have discovered that I am an emotional binge eater. My husband and I got into a bit of an argument while I was cooking dinner. He went to bed and I began to eat eat eat. I had my hamburger with avocado, tomato, onions and garlic and a tiny bit of ketchup. Then I had a huge serving of left over sweet potato souffle, then I ate some cookie dough before finally getting disgusted with myself and throwing the rest away. I don't do this often but when I was eating the cookie dough I realized how pathetic it was and started crying I was so disappointed in myself.

Does anyone else have a problem with binge eating or emotional eating? How do you control it? Maybe I should go into a different thread with this. I just wanted to update how my eating went today as I really want to stay accountable. Thanks for listening.

Beverlyjoy
12-29-2009, 04:48 AM
Hi chicks...yesterday was a sane food day. I stayed in my calorie range, drank lots of water, did my stretches & recumbent bike, meditation, and wrote down food. I am grateful for the willingness to do these things.

I did do some nibbling standing up and had the TV on part of the time I ate. But, all and all it was a GOOD day. I will keep working on it and trying to break unhealthy habits.

New motto - Plan for the future...but, take it one day at a time.

I took my mom out to run her errands. She is still weak from her bout in the hospital - but, making some progress in getting her strength back.

Today I don't have any big plans. I need to do paperwork in my office and such.

breakfast - cheese toast, strawberries
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, cucumber and onion salad
snack - yogurt cup (frozen), 1/2 banana
dinner - pasta, cheese, mushrooms, green beans
snack - cinn. toast, applesauce, sf cocoa

meditation
stretches & strengthening
log food and feelings
aware eating
put fork down between bites
lots of water

connerash - WELCOME yes, I struggle with binge and emotional eating. Meditation has helped me in the past. I think your idea of another thread on this would be helpful to you and others.

Rakel - great jobs on the loss - that's almost two sticks of butter, ya know!!

Passionista - I agree - waiting too long to eat can trigger overeating for me. WELCOME

MJ - hope you could get to the gym. How's the knee doing?

Everyone - have a great OP day.

lottie63
12-29-2009, 06:05 AM
so I've decided it would be near impossible for me to be vegan cuz of all the "Little things" like "Natural flavors" etc, and have decided to stick with being veg, but to cut out eggs and dairy, but searching out animal by products seems a bit much for me. I will try and keep as close to it as I can but I'm not going to go nuts. at least not yet ;) Maybe I can cut out a little at a time until this time next year I am able to do it. it seems so daunting to do cold turkey.

mj5
12-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Good Morning everyone! It is SO cold this morning, the snow really looks pretty, though.

rakel--Congrats on the loss!

connerash--Welcome!

Beverlyjoy--Hooray for a good day! How's your foot? My knee is ok, it's been a little sore, but w/ the holiday-hecticness, I'm not surprised.

lottie--Good for you for finding something that works for you. How are you????

I did go to the gym yesterday! It felt SO good!!!! I plan to go today, unless the roads are terrible....not going to risk driving home in horrible conditions!

Still drinking lots of water today.

lovemyboy
12-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Hello ladies. Yesterday I was in my calorie and carb range. Today, so far so good. I had an egg and a piece of turkey sausage for breakfast. I need to work on adding in more exercise though. Have a great day!

raebeaR
12-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Hello, all,

Sounds like everyone is getting well back on track after the holiday -- fantastic!! :carrot:

Welcome to Bazz, Passionista, lottie, connerash -- you've come to a great spot for inspiration and support!! :hug:

mj5, well done to you for getting back to the gym!! That can be so hard to do!!

Beverlyjoy, sounds to me like you're doing great now you're back in the saddle. The major difference I notice between chicks who succeed at this and chicks who fail are that the successful ones always pick themselves up, dust themselves off and keep going. You're doing just that, so you're succeeding!!

rakel, congrats on the moving that scale down. Remember -- YOU did that!! :carrot:

lovemyboy, what sort of exercise are you hoping to add in to your plan?

I'm still here and skating along... lots going on in my life just at the moment, mostly good stuff but stressful. Food has been on plan but I must still improve in the exercise department.

Mostly I'm dreading the prospect of a new relationship. Not the actual relationship -- that part is wonderful and exciting and a very welcome change! But... my way of dealing with food while in a relationship makes me nervous. I'm trying to evolve some coping strategies, but I still want to make lasagna with homemade pasta, homemade pizzas, platters of linguine with spicy shrimp sauteed in butter, steaks with brandy shallot butter sauce and potatoes roasted in olive oil... obviously I need to come up with some new dishes to impress my sweetie!!! I know I can do this, but it's hard. I automatically start planning the sumptuous meals -- the very meals that made me so humongous. "Here, darling, please enjoy this perfectly-prepared dish of steamed carrots!!" just doesn't seem to have the same allure.

But I know it will be much better for both of us if I can prepare healthful, nutritional meals that limit fat, sugar and salt, and I also know I can make them tasty and wonderful. It's just another step in the right direction, but I haven't worked out my new "go to" recipes yet. I've always been well known for my cooking skills. Now I want to be known for my healthful cooking skills!!

The new beau lives 12 hours away by car, so we won't be able to see each other that often. We both have much to work out if we end up being together, so I have lots of time to figure out my new cooking strategies.... lucky me, eh? :?:

rakel
12-29-2009, 11:51 AM
raebear: Long distance relationships can be a bit of a bummer. When my husband and I met, he lived 22 hours away by car, which is practically as far as 12 hours, because it's not like that's a trip you can make very often either. We kept that up for about a year and a half and I ended up making the move. All I can say about that, is that it's not fun but I would do it all over again to be with him.

I enjoy cooking quite a lot too, and am known for being a good cook among all of my friends and family. I'm sure you can find ways to make healthy recipes, or even some of your old favorites healthier. For example, I just made a super delicious veggie lasagna that is just about the best that I've ever had. I use no more than half a package of lasagna noodles, which only puts me about about 3 or 4 thick layers. You can do just about any variety of veggies as you'd like, but sauteed mushrooms, garlic and spinach in olive oil is my favorite. For the filling, I mix 1 8oz container of part skim ricotta, 4oz Neufchatel Cream Cheese, 1/2 cup Romano/Parmesan cheese, and a smattering of oregano, basil and parsley, and then mix in the veggies. I layer the dish with cheese, small amount of sauce, noodle, and top it with the rest of the jar, some part skim mozzeralla (very light, only 1/4 cup) and sometimes top with chopped tomato.

Bazz Major
12-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Gosh. I'm really worried now :/
I went for a blood test last week because the doctor wanted to check my thyroid functions. So yeah, it's come back and the doctor wants to see me tomorrow. The way my step-father's reacting got me all worried, he reckons it's because I keep drinking Pepsi (and burgers, apparently), I'm going to get cancer or something?? Then my mother said something about overactive thyroid and it may be a reason why I'm fat .

What do you guys think? Do you know any problems assoicated with the thyroid? By the way, I suffer from depression and it's gotten worse, that's why the doctor sent me away for a blood test.

cfmama
12-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Today!
B- oatmeal low cal bagel, 2 LC wedges, mandarin orange
L- can tuna, mustard, 2 rice cakes, mandarin orange and a weight loss chew
s- banana, 1 T peanut butter, weight loss chew
D- 1.5 pieces salmon, 1 cup stir fry veggies, 1/2 cup whole wheat noodles
s- weight loss chew and applesauce cup

okay... these weight loss chews are from Arbonne and part of their figure 8 line. My girlfriend sells them and wants me to try them out. So far I love them! The ones I have are chocolate and 30 calories a piece and taste like salt water taffy. Yum! And they DO HELP with cravings and suppressing hunger... hm. I might have to keep buying them.

raebeaR
12-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi, rakel,

Your menu suggestions sound wonderful -- I will be sure to try them! I know I can lighten up many of my standards, but it's hard to adjust my thinking of, "If a little is good, a lot is better!" I simply must, however. And I appreciate your thoughtful help! :)

Re the long distance stuff... actually, I can endure that. My late husband was from Australia. It was the ultimate long distance relationship for a couple of years! We worked very hard to be together, and he was worth every bit of the hassle, expense and frustration. I wish we could have had a full lifetime together, but it was not to be.

The fellow with whom I am gradually becoming involved now is an old flame... well, more of a glowing ember, really. I've known him for 20 years and we have always shared a strong attraction (not acted upon) as well as a truly special friendship. He lost his wife earlier this year, so drawing close has just felt very natural to us both. I can tell you it's a great incentive to keep taking off the tonnage... not a reason, but an incentive!!

Bazz, try not to worry too much about the thyroid situation. I've been on thyroid meds since I was 27, which was, uhh, a long time ago. It's very important that your thyroid hormones be in balance, but fortunately, it's an easy one to treat! It's more likely that you may be suffering from an underactive thyroid than an overactive one, based on your feelings of depression and weight gain. If indeed you have an underactive thyroid, the doc will simply give you medication which you must take faithfully every day. That's it; easy peasy. And you'll be amazed at how much better you begin to feel!! Hope this is reassuring to you -- it's meant to be. :hug:

rakel
12-29-2009, 01:40 PM
My gyno said that I have an enlarged thyroid and that I should get a blood test. I was really going to do it, but my husband said that I shouldn't. He said, all they are going to do is put you on medication that you'll have to take for the rest of your life, and that it's possible losing weight could help my thyroid. Maybe it is a chicken before the egg type of deal? He was also concerned about how much it would cost, because we don't have any health insurance and money is a little tight. He was thinking that it would be like $233 but I thought it would be a lot less than that. Does anyone know? I just wonder sometimes if my thyroid contributes to all of this.

I've consistently gained weight EVERY year of my adolescence, going from 132 in 7th grade to graduating high school at 245. I do feel tired a lot, but I tend to think that maybe it's just because I am carrying a lot of weight around and it's easier to just do nothing. I don't really know what it's like to feel "good." Have I ever felt good? It seems like I just feel bad and worse. I'd probably follow up with a doctor, nutritionist, etc, but like I said, I don't have insurance or a lot of money. If I had a lot of money, then I would have insurance. I'm just trying to do what I can for now. I also have a healthy distrust of authority, including government and doctors :P. I'm the type of gal who's interested in having a water-birth at home once I arrive to the point of having babies.

At any point, I realize that even if I do have a thyroid problem, that's not the only reason why I have gained weight. Obviously it's calories in VS calories out. I do realize that I must have a slower metabolism than most people though, because it seems like even when I eat exactly what I should be eating to maintain, I gain weight.

rakel
12-29-2009, 01:48 PM
raebear: I agree, finding the person you love is worth the hassle. I don't think I could have endured it much longer than a year, though I suppose if I had to I would have. It was easier for me because I was pretty young still, and I didn't have my whole life established yet. I left my mom & step-dad's home and a job at Culvers (fast food restaurant). I packed all of my belongings in my '96 VW Jetta, and drove off into the sunset ;). I was... hmmm... 19. My mom must have been terrified but she's been very supportive of me. Really, it was possibly the farthest thing that I could have ever imagined that I would do. Not that I was foolhardy about it (I always take my precautions and made sure I was making the right decision), but I was young. Still, all my life I've been said to be "wise beyond my years." And in most ways, I believe that to be true.

At any rate, enjoy the relationship. I know it must be hard for you, and conjure up some emotions considering what happened with your husband, but you seem like a very strong person. :)

raebeaR
12-29-2009, 02:04 PM
rakel, by all means, get that thyroid test done. The lab work may be costly, but the medication isn't! It's one of the cheapest, most widely available hormone replacements on the market -- like $3.00 for a 30-day prescription, or something. And I'm afraid I've never heard a doc tell me that losing weight will improve the function of the gland... in fact, you'll struggle far harder to lose weight if the gland is underactive. Plus it can affect so many things in your body: Your ability to concentrate, listlessness, depression, dry hair, nails. In extreme cases, it can cause organ shut-down. Truly -- you want to look into this!

Re your true love... I remember reading your story in another thread and smiling about it. I am so glad you found exactly the right person!! :D He has always sounded like a true gem each time you have described him... I am tickled for you. :)

hollywoodkatt
12-29-2009, 02:31 PM
I'd just like to say.. anyone trying to go vegan.. GOOD LUCK! You'll do great!!! I won't lie. its hard at first, but you can do it! and you'll feel so much better afterward!!

For those vegetarians who are *almost* vegan.. making the switch the vegan is so rewarding! You'll feel amazing once you switch! sometimes it sucks not being able to have cheese.. since that was my biggest thing, but you get used to it, and you can get alternatives depending on where you live.. or you can order stuff online.. which is awesome!

I was a vegetarian for 9 years, and then about 2 or 3 months ago I made the switch the vegan. i couldnt be happier.
not only do i have more energy, my allergies have cleared up, and i just all around feel amazing.
anyway, this is long enough. good luck to anyone trying to become vegan!

dgramie
12-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Im struggling today...going to go and drink a huge jug of water.I am a routine person and I run an inhome daycare.I have the week off and its not good as far as eating goes. Why I have no idea!!!! Looks like I would enjoy the freedom but I tend to find myself looking for something to do and mindlessly eat. Im making a huge salad for dinner tonight.

Beverlyjoy
12-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Rakel and Bazz - if you have a thyroid problem of any kind - get it checked out by your physician. I was told I had low thyroid some 25 years ago and didn't think much of it or didn't do what the doctor suggested. I got very sick eventually - all things that were related to having a low thyroid. I've taken Synthroid for some twenty years - it isn't expensive and made a huge difference in my health.

Read this information:

http://www.safemenopausesolutions.com/thyroid.html

Both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism is discussed on this page.

The info happens to be on a menopause website...But, I became hypothyroid in my 30's.

Hypothyroid - is not enough hormone produced by the thyroid gland.

Hyperthyroid - too much hormone produced by the thyroid.

Get it checked out. I wish I had done what the doctor suggested back then.

If you were diabetic you would have that checked by your doctor. Thyroid is another important function of your body.

fjcinzion
12-29-2009, 06:48 PM
I left my mom & step-dad's home and a job at Culvers (fast food restaurant). I packed all of my belongings in my '96 VW Jetta, and drove off into the sunset ;). I was... hmmm... 19. My mom must have been terrified but she's been very supportive of me.

WOW...that brings back memories of one of the hardest moments I have had to deal with in my whole life! I was very thankful how John's parents took you into their home...that kept me sane :). Love ya bunches and bunches :hug:'s, MOM

rakel
12-29-2009, 09:52 PM
WOW...that brings back memories of one of the hardest moments I have had to deal with in my whole life! I was very thankful how John's parents took you into their home...that kept me sane :). Love ya bunches and bunches :hug:'s, MOM

I know! I'm sorry!!! I am happy though, so it was worth it! :)

Beverlyjoy
12-30-2009, 06:54 AM
Hi chicks...yesterday was a healthy sane day with food. I am so grateful. Also, NOT having a food hangover felt good. I did everything I wanted to do - water, exercise, logging, aware eating etc. However, doing the recumbent bike brought back some knee pain behind the knee. Always something - but, I'll do the best I can with it.

breakfast - 1/2 english muffin with npnb, 2 boca bacon strips, tangerine
lunch - wrap of turkey, lite cheese, lite mayo, leftover veggies
snack - yogurt, 1/2 apple
dinner - one pork chop, brown rice, green beans
snack - sf choc. pudding, cinn. toast

stretches & strengthening
meditation
lots of water
fork down between bites
aware eating
NO eating or nibbles at all standing up
log and journal food/feelings
repeat out loud advantages of eating healthfully and losing weight

Lottie - do whatever works best with the vegan. You are doing great.

MJ - good job on the water!! My foot is doing OK - not pain free - but, I am managing. Thanks. Be careful on the snowy roads!

lovemyboy - good job with staying in your range. YAY.

raebear - glad you've stayed with your food plan. I totally understand about a new relationship and food. It is a challegne - but, just try to cook & eat healthy tasty food when you are together. You can do.

Hi hollywoodcat - glad you stopped by!

Hi fjcinzion!

Have a great day folks.

dgramie
12-30-2009, 07:06 AM
Ok...I dont like the chubby fingers that is typing this today.I am bloated and miserable. What can I do about it but kick myself back in gear. So today
breakfast- oatmeal with blueberries
lunch- stirfry with chicken
dinner- baked chicken breast and veggies...LOTS of them!!
no snacks because I cant control myself!!!

connerash
12-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Yesterday went really well. I felt really good going to bed last night and getting up this morning.

Breakfast - peanutbutter 1/2 bagel, yogurt, 2% milk
Lunch - lean burger with tomato, onion and ranch dressing, chicken noodle soup
Dinner - 2 eggs scrambeled, 1 slice toast, yogurt with cup strawberries
Snacks - piece of apple pie, 2 chocolate kisses, string cheese

Exercise wasn't much but better than I've been doing.
I took a brisk walk to the mail box. I don't know what the distance is but I know I was out for atleast 5 minutes.
I did a strength training workout that was in the new issue of Fitness Magazine. So maybe a total of 15 minutes workout. I did spend about 20 minutes cleaning the kitchen and preparing dinner... that counts too right? Oh and washing clothes. LOL

mj5
12-30-2009, 01:25 PM
HI everyone! I didn't make it to the gym last night (weather). I AM going tonight--the roads are clear, no excuses! LOL!!!

One more day of work (after today) then four days off!!! Yippee!!! I am taking my 12 y/o neice shopping on Friday...she is so excited--lots of gift cards and $ from Christmas and her bday....I better wear comfy shoes....sounds like it could be a long (fun) day!

Bazz Major
12-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Hello everyone :]

I hope everyone is well today. I would like to say thanks to those who re-assured about the whole thyroid situation. Went to the doctor's today, apparently I have 'nothing to worry about' and I have to come back in three months for another blood test. My thyroid functions are normal but the chemicals from the brain are producing too much (that goes into the thyroid). I'm confused... and annoyed! Just don't wanna wait another three months to find out if there's something wrong with me :/

Hugs xx

Slashnl
12-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone! I've been gone for about a week now. I can say that I have not been very good at my accountability!!! I guess Christmas and visiting my Mom has a little to do with that. Ok, a lot. :)

I'm back to the gym tomorrow and I'm getting back to being onplan with my eating. Oh, and drinking water! That's right, I remember being on plan!

Welcome to all of the new people joining the thread! Good to see you!

mj5
12-31-2009, 05:23 AM
Good Morning!

We are going to my brother's tonight for snacks and a 'game night'--should be a lot of fun. The good news is, there will be healthy snacks there! Phew!

Saturday we have dh's family party. They are known for the high fat/fried food that is served, SO we are taking a veggie tray, fruit tray, and salad. That way I know there will be healthy options for us. The funny thing is, the healthy foods usually get eaten up first!

Beverlyjoy
12-31-2009, 06:48 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a good, sane and healthy day. I am so grateful.

Change of plans for today. We were going to go out with Mom and my aunt for supper. Mom's not strong enough yet. We were invited over the our neighbor's house to bring in the new year. I will take a veggie tray and a beautiful bowl of clementines.

today:
meditate
lots of water
log food/feelings
fork down between bites
aware eating
stretches and strengthening
PMA - positive mental attitude

breakfast - egg white scramble, grits with lite margerine, clementine
lunch - tuna and crackers, green bean and mushrooms
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - chicken rice soup, veggies
party - veggies and dip, fruit

MJ - good for you. Taking healthy foods sets you up to be sucessful. Happy New Year, friend. Have fun shopping with your niece.

Slash - glad you are hopping back on to your plan and checked in!

Bazz - glad you got your thyroid checked. If you are a bit confused about what they told you.- you might call and leave a message for them to call you back and explain it further. Sounds like you are concerned and a bit puzzled by what they said.

Connerash - yes, it's a wonderful feeling to wake up after a healthy day before!! YAY, Good job on the strength training.

Hi dgrammie - good plan!!!

Everyone have a great day - Happy New Year.

dgramie
12-31-2009, 09:16 AM
I am please to report I made it thru perfect yesterday. My hands look more like my hands this morning. Scales are down 4lbs in just one day...6 more lbs to go...
breakfast- fiber bar( out of food time to grocery shop)
lunch - salad
dinner - subway sandwich ( no munchies coming into the house tonight..just me and hubby home)
Hubbys glucose has been running way to high and I know its due to the way we have been eating. SO back to the grindstone for us both.

Slashnl
12-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Ok, didn't make it to the gym this morning like I planned. It is really hard to have vacation time and still get up early. I am going to try to go in later, but I also know I have a lot I want to do today. I'm going to the grocery store to restock the healthy food!!!

Beverly: That's good that you can go to her house. I'm sure she'll appreciate it!

Dgramie: Sounds like you're doing well getting back on track!!

MJ: Good planning on the veggie tray! Have fun!

mj5
01-01-2010, 05:52 AM
Good Morning! Hope everyone had a good time on NYE! Dh and I were going to stay home and watch movies, but I am SO glad we went to my brother and sil's. We had a lot of fun playing games w/ them and my neice and nephew. We are going to try to have a game night once a month w/ them.

Bazz--I'm glad that you did get your thyroid checked. It is a good thing to stay on top of.

Diane--Yea, I haven't been doing so great either, but we'll get it back on track together!

Beverlyjoy--Hope you had fun on NYE and that your mom is getting better/stronger! Happy New Year to you too! We are going to have so much fun today! How is your son feeling?

dgramie--Great job!

My neice is super excited about shopping today (I am too!) Then later I will pick up the veggie and fruit trays for tomorrow. It's funny because some members of dh's family had something to say about us bringing healthy snacks.....the funniest part is, they are ALWAYS eaten by everyone--adults and kids (some of his siblings say "MY kids won't eat that....", but if it's there---they do!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!!

We are leaving early tomorrow morning, so I may not be back around until Sunday.

Beverlyjoy
01-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Hi chicks - last night (and yesterday) I had a healthy sane day with food. :) I made it through the NYE party last night eating what I planned and not feeling deprived. :):) For all these things I am so grateful.

We went to a small neighborhood party. DH brought the kids those NYE horns and crowns. They were tooting all night and having fun. :dizzy: It was a great time.

Going to a Rose Bowl party. My school OSU is playing there. I live in Columbus, so the entire city is going crazy. (makes me giggle)

breakfast - 1/2 cinn. raisin English Muffin, 1 t npb, apple, 2 boca strips
lunch - brown 'fried' rice with egg whites and mushrooms.
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner (at the party) saurkraut and pork, veggies and dip - fruit
snack - sf pudding & preztels

I am taking a veggie tray to the party. :)

Meditate
stretches
log food
sit while eating
aware eating
lots of water
slow eating
no seconds helpings
PMA - positive mental attitude

MJ - Your evening sounds so fun. Have a good time shopping with your neice. :D I agree - my veggie tray was totally gone by the end of the evening. Have a safe trip. :)

Slash - a good idea to stock up and have the healthy foods in the house!! :D

Dgrammie - YAY!! Good job staying OP! :carrot: 4lbs down & less swollen hands. That's great.

Have a good day, everyone.

Bazz Major
01-01-2010, 08:33 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! ;D

I had a great start to 2010 ; my sister gave birth to her second child at 12:50am - a beautiful baby girl, Nicole :] Seriously cannot wait to meet my new niece! ;D

Hugs xx

Slashnl
01-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Happy New Year everyone! Here's to a great 2010.

rakel
01-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Well, my food yesterday was not so good. It was fine until I went to my sister in law's house for a little get together. We got there around 6:30pm, and didn't put out appetizers until around 7:30, and then we didn't eat chilli until around 9:30. She tends to not be so great about putting food out until it's really late... so of course I was pretty hungry and ate a ton of appetizers. Then I felt obligated (although I really shouldn't have) to eat some of the chili, so I did. And then we had sangria's and champagne... I was tempted not to count it up because I just knew it was "a lot" -- I went 900 cals over my plan, and to top that off I never did my workout.

That said, I must not have been that hungry today, because I ate a protein bar for breakfast, then ate half a chicken salad sandwich. Then a little while later I didn't feel like eating a whole lunch, so then I ate another protein bar (which I try to just have one a day, but it was something easy that wasn't chips or pretzels or whatever). Then a little later I ate a mini quiche. Then a little later I ate some chocolate, and then when I was putting dinner together I ate some cookies. For dinner I made roasted a whole chicken with veggies and some whole wheat stuffing. After dinner while I was taking down the Christmas tree I ate some caramels. I thought for sure as I was inputting everything into livestrong that I would have went over because I feel like I've been just snacking all day long... but you know what? I was 300 calories under my suggested intake. Save for maybe some popcorn later if I get hungry, I'm done for the day.

Obviously I shouldn't of had 3 servings of chocolate, cookies and caramels, but on the bright side I only had one serving of each, and I didn't go over my calories with them. But still, it's more than just the # of calories, but what kind of food the calories are made of.

No exercise today, I've been kind of busy... cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc. I will definitely do my workout tomorrow though. I'm trying to do it every day but it seems like I always seem to skip two days. Still, 5 days a week is not bad, and I probably should take a couple days rest anyway.

BTW, I just want to report that I talked to my mom for quite awhile tonight (fjcinzion), and would like to say that she has almost lost 50lbs since she started in August! I am incredibly proud of her.

girlonfire
01-01-2010, 11:57 PM
I am WAAAAY under my calories for the day. Yesterday and today I didn't even crack the 1000 calories mark. Soft food diet only + lack of appetite due to pain meds= not as much nutrition as I could be getting. Luckily, it's only a few days of this and I should be back on track soon! I am so sleepy(once again, the pain meds) that exercise is pretty much impossible, plus forbidden for the first few days. Not exactly OP, but not terribly off-plan either.

How is everyone else doing?

Passionista
01-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Hello!

I'm sorry I didn't check in as I had planned to, things got crazy in my world.

I'm also under calories, Peachykeen62. Here I am, it's after 9 and when I look at how late it is I think I shouldn't eat. :(

Rakel, I am 99% vegan. I realize that's odd, because you're either vegan or not, but I eat vegan food 99% of the time. I occasionally have cottage cheese or cheese or yogurt, that's it.

I'm set to go to the YMCA tomorrow and am excited about it. I have green veggies and what it takes to make green smoothies so I feel like I'm set!

Beverlyjoy
01-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Hi Chicks -I had a sane, healthy day yesterday. I am so so grateful. I went to a big Rose Bowl party. Sat in the other room from the table of food. First I took some h'orsderves (veggies, dip, a couple of cracker, one piece of cheese) No seconds! I took about 20 minutes to eat them. At half time, I got a small amount of saurkraut & pork a role and more veggies. No seconds here either. I had one sliver of chocolate. I am so grateful and proud of this accomplishment. Best of all I didn't feel deprived. I had my water and exercises. too.

I'll be back in a few!

Have a GREAT day.

Slashnl
01-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Hi everyone. Well, made it to the gym today. I am still not 100% on my knee, but I think it just is going to take awhile to get all the way back. I am working on strengthening it again, without being too stupid about it. I don't want to re-injure it. Food has not been very good for being on plan. I hope to fix that today. It's nice to get back on track and back in a routine. I will have to do a weigh in on Monday to be totally on track. I'm hoping it isn't too scary!!! ha!

Rakel: The get-togethers will stop at some point and it will be easier to stay on plan, I think. We'll make it through all of this!

Peachy: Hope you get to feeling better!

Passionista: So, what goes into a green smoothy, other than the veggies?

Beverly: You're doing well. Good for you on staying out of the food room!!

MJ: How's it going for you?

Nicolen: Haven't heard from you for forever! Are you still around?? We miss you.

Rhonda: How about you? Everything going ok?

lottie63
01-02-2010, 12:56 PM
hello ladies. I had a good new year.

I started the pcrm 21 day vegan kickstart. so far so good. ;)

I'm going to lunch with a friend today, I plan to have some veggie sushi I think. it's sooooo good. :D yum yum!

might go see a movie while I'm out, I'm going shopping for xmas gifts for my friends, I'm having a late holiday party tomorrow for about 12 people.

can't wait! There will be 5 of us who are vegan. So there will be plenty of vegan food for my non veg friends to experiment with. fun times!

Beverlyjoy
01-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Hi again!

Lottie -what pcrm stand for? Sounds like a fun day!

Slash- yes, routine is good. Ya know...it's hard to know how much to 'exercise' a soreish knee. Be careful.

peachykeen - hoping your off the meds soon. Feel better.

rakel - hoping all the parties will be over soon. Keep pushing on. Good for your mom!

pashionista - hope things calm down...have fun at the Y tomorrow.

breakfast - egg white scramble with turkey pepperoni, toast, clementine
lunch - wrap with ff refried bean, lite cheese salsa, veggies
snack - yogurt & fruit
dinner - either chicken or pork cooked with onions and mushrooms, salad, brown rice.
snack - sf cocoa, pnb, a few pretzels

log food
meditate
stretches and strengthening
fork down between bites
aware eating
lots of water
remind myself out loud why I want this
eat only when seated

dgramie
01-02-2010, 01:07 PM
I had a great day yesterday and walked about 3 miles with hubby. I am home alone today and the country ham was calling my name.I cooked it and had it for brunch. I will have cabbage tonight for dinner with some form of protien. I should be ok overall today.Just got to drink extra water to flush out that evil country ham!!Im so glad the ham in now out of the house!!!
going to work on getting some chicken cooked up for the week for lunches with lots of veggies.

lottie63
01-02-2010, 01:28 PM
beverley joy: physicians committee for responsible medicine.

aliveagain50
01-03-2010, 12:39 AM
I WORK :chef:10 HOURS A DAY WITH A 20 MIN BREAK. THIS YEAR I WILL TAKE TIME TO MAKE MYSELF A PRIORITY!! EATING THROUGHOUT THE DAY SO I AM NOT FAMISHED AND BINGE WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK!!

Beverlyjoy
01-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a great food day and all the other things I am aiming to do to change my relationship with food and over eating. I am so grateful

However, I way over did it with my exercise. I pulled a muscle in my lower back. I've taken the meds and feel it should be better in a few days. I broke my own rule - if you think it might hurt you doing an exercise - step back. It was fun and felt good to be exercising.
DH wants to put the Christmas pretties away. Since my back hurts - I'll be sure to be careful. No bending, twisting or lifting.

breakfast - 1/2 cinn english muffin, npb, boca strips, 1/2 banana
lunch - left over chicken with brown rice, veggies
snack - yogurt and fruit
dinner - pork piccata, small baked potato with butter spray, salad
dinner - preztels, pnb

log food
no exercise today - resting my pieces and parts
eat only when seated
no second helpings
aware eating - aiming for 15-30 minutes
log food
lots of water
aliveagain - I love your goals...especially making yourself a priority.

Lottie - thanks for the explanation.

Dgrammie - things sound like they are going great. YAY

Have a great day.

connerash
01-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Ok, I haven't been reporting here like I should but I've got a great update. It's not even February yet and I've reached my Valentine's day goal already of losing 7lbs. I can't believe it because the last 3 days have been a real challenge with my calories. Thursday night we went to ATL to meet a couple of friends for dinner at Chili's. I did drink water but had boneless buffalo wings, spinach artichoke dip with chips, and the southwestern egg rolls. I was proud of myself because my husband and I always order the chocolaty delicious desert that they have with the brownie, ice cream and lots of hot fudge, well my hubby ordered, and I declined a bite. YAY for me. Friday I met the family at my grandparents for the New Years Dinner which was actually pretty healthy but I can't say that I ate a portion size of anything. And yesterday we had left overs from the New Years dinner for the homecoming of my brother from Iraq. We all went out after to play some football and chase the kids around but all in all i was sure I wouldn't lose a lb, much less 3 since Wednesday night.

dgramie
01-03-2010, 10:32 AM
My day yesterday took a nosedive. I ended up snacking around and not cooking dinner. TOday food will be sane!
breakfast- coffee and bar -3 points
lunch- salad with egg and cheese
dinner- thinking of making a nice pot of soup loaded with veggies