Old 12-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/176.4/130

Height: 5ft

Default Wii

Hey Everyone,
Hope everyone had a great holiday!! I got a wii and a wii fit for x-mas which I am soo excited about buut I have never actually used either lol. So I was wondering if anyone here good recommend so games they really like and also tell me if the wii fit has helped at all with your weight loss, what is like, anything like that. Thanks
emcmac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:29 PM   #2  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I don't have the wii fit / balance board, but something I love doing and always get exercise out of is the sword dueling in Wii Resort especially in the higher levels, unfortunately that means more $ to get the controller adapters and the game etc. :/
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:08 AM   #3  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I've been using the Wii EA Active. It comes with a leg strap that you put your numchuck in and a resistance band (I use my own resistance band that's a little bit tougher). It's more of a serious personal trainer kind of work out as opposed to Wii Fit which is just games that get you moving.

I like it, it's a little easy for me, but I'm on medium and should move to hard. I always sweat when I play, it just doesn't really push me. It counts your calories, but I have no idea how accurate it is. All in all, it's a good way to get you moving, think of it like an interactive work out DVD.

I've heard My Personal Trainer is good also, I haven't tried it though.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:46 AM   #4  
Night Shift chickie!

S/C/G: 189/159.6/150

Height: 5'6

I have the wiifit and a few games so here is what i think of the ones i have.

Wiifit (that comes with the balance board): okay, it has fun aerobic exercises and balance games, but they're too short and dont get me moving enough. i find the strength and yoga exercises annoying because the actual individual exercise is good, but going through the entire menu system to get to a new exercise takes way too much time, your heart rate drops, and you just want to give up.

Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum: total garbage. the look of the game is elementary and boring. The music is boring. And the exercises dont respond well to the balance board, so shes barking at you that your not doing it right or not at all when youre your trying really hard or just trying to get the darn board to register your movements.

My Fitness Trainer: I really like this one. Its got yoga, strength training tailored to the body areas you want to work on, and aerobics. There isn't much to look at, but its so streamlined. You pick the time length for your workout and you keep moving the whole time. Im not sure if its compatible with the balance board. I never use it for the yoga sessions but i get a great workout even without it.

You can read some reviews on the bestbuy website or amazon to see what others think before you buy. Either way youll find most of the games fun ,just some give a better workout than others. Im interested to see how people like the new biggest loser game. I haven't tried it yet. Good Luck with the wii fit. Make that Mii smaller!
sassybangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:14 AM   #5  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

I haven't bought any of the workout games for the Wii Fit, but some of the games that I play with it are really fun. Like, skiing :P. It's a lot more fun to be playing a video game than it is to be all alone and exercising.
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:36 AM   #6  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I only use the wii fit and the balance board for weighing myself...I didn't feel like the games were doing much good, and I got sick of them...but I love how it tracks my weight for me (although beware, it's BMI ranges like "overweight" and "at risk of overweight" or whatever aren't the real BMI categories)...

I have EA Active and I used it for a while but on easy it was kicking my butt and I kinda gave up. I should pull it out and start the 30 day challenge over again...it was definitely a good work out, but sometimes it's hard to get it to register movements...and back then my legs were large so the leg strap slipped down a lot. Like I said, I haven't tried it lately, so I don't know if it would still do the same thing.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 318/300/190

Height: 5'11

I got a wii and wii fit plus for Christmas and so far I have loved it! I feel like I get a good workout when I push myself and do the more challenging games (cycling, running, segway, etc.). Granted, I'm super out of shape so just about anything makes me work up a sweat lol! What I love about it is fun enough to get me off the couch, whereas the thought of going for a walk around the neighborhood just made me want to grab another bag of chips and settle in with the remote. It has definitely been the push I need to start exercising...I really hope I can keep up the motivation!

You may want to check out Amazon.com for reviews of different fitness video games to see what you might like. I found them very helpful. I am excited to try out "ea active more". I think I may pick it up tomorrow since it's a payday, hah!

Also, for those of you who have ea active, do you --have-- to have the thigh strap pouch thing or can you just put the nunchuck in your pocket??
JourneytoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

Height: 5'6"

Journey - my EA Active came with the leg strap. I have found that if you strap it directly to your skin it doesn't move. I was wearing it with my workout pants and that didn't work so well.
mojolove05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:58 PM   #9  
sugar is the devil

I'm not sure what games you like but these are my all time favs:

-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
-New Super Mario Bros
-Super Smash Brothers Brawl
-Mario Kart Wii

...I think it's evident that I only have brothers
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #10  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

I had the wii fit and got bored with it and recently got the wii fit plus for christmas. Everything that made me stop playing in the first place is gone.

Now instead of having to scroll through the menu to pick an exercise you can make your own work out routine. Love it~!

I would recommend the wii fit plus. It also now has a calories burned calculator. pretty cool.
dizzysoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #11  
Yes, indeed.

S/C/G: 176/170/125

I hate Wii Fit! I feel like it just doesn't flow enough. The only exercises I got anything out of were the hula hooping one, which I actually really like, and the running one. But the strength training was not even difficult enough for my lardy couch potato self and the yoga was too disjointed, thus negating it's purpose. I'd try purchasing some of the other games mentioned here because the original Wii Fit just isn't that great.
cupcakesundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

I'm so glad this thread got started! I JUST got a Wii yesterday! I've literally never had a video game system in my life, hahaha. I'm glad people are posting what they think of Wii Fit.... I'm relatively in shape, so maybe I'll go for the EA sports active... the commercials for that always looked harder than that Wii Fit anyway.

I'm just excited to have something that will allow me to at least do some strength stuff here in my apt. It's SO cold and snowy here sometimes that the 1/2 mile walk to the gym is actually semi-dangerous!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/199/130

Height: 5'1''

Im planning on getting a Wii and the wii fit plus & My Personal Trainer.. Ive been reading up on them and I cant wait to use it!
Mommato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #14  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

I love Wii Fit Plus. The only part I don't care for, for me personally, is it telling me how I'm overweight every time I weigh in. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and I know my weight is above a healthy BMI right now, but I certainly do not look like my mii. It is just a little frustrating in that aspect and how it tells me to lose weight which I really can't at this time. I am excited to use it more after I have the baby so I can see my mii shrink!
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #15  
Dala

S/C/G: 167/162/140

Height: 5'6

I got EA Active for Christmas and started the 30 Day Challenge. I've been doing it on hard, and its a good workout! I've been sore since I started using it, which is good sign! I like it because the workouts combine upper body, lower body and cardio. I haven't done anything for abs though, I would like that. I don't feel like it flows very well though. There is too much time between each move. I like it much better than popping in the same DVDs over and over because the workouts are different and theres something new everyday.
dalavr is offline   Reply With Quote