Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers #152

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers #152

sami
08-06-2002, 07:36 AM
Please Join us! We are here to support each other through encouragment and prayer! Everyone is welcome.

sami
08-06-2002, 07:45 AM
IN NEED OF PRAYER!!!!!! A 15yr old girl who is a friend of my DD has just found out she has hodgkin's lymphoma. She is going in today to have a portal put in to do the chemo. Please pray for a full recovery. This family has gone through a lot this last year with one of there other children she is going through testing to find out what is wrong with her. They are in need of lots of prayers!
The Lord be with you,
Sami

Leenie
08-06-2002, 07:52 AM
Good Morning,

Sami, oh gosh, my prayers are with the entire family and friends and especially the little girl. No word can express.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Off for another hectic day at work. I shouldn't complain, I have a good job and everything, and I've been blessed sooooo much. I just pray the stress will leave soon ( I guess when my boss goes on vacation it will haaaaaaaaa).

Eating wise, I'm not doing to good, I've been neglecting asking the Lord for help.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Love, Leens :dance:

Leenie
08-07-2002, 01:15 PM
Where is everyone ?

Well good afternoon to you all, and have a great day.

EZMONEY
08-07-2002, 11:47 PM
Hi Everyone-
Been busy the last few nights working at our vicarage-- the house we have for the pastors in training we have each year. Two years of school then internship at our church, back to school for a year then they get their call. They usually pass one another in the doorway as one comes and the other leaves us so we never get the chance to do needed repairs. This year however, we have 10 days 'cause the new vicar is still on his honeymoon;) so I am taking the opportunity to completely re-do the drywall and re-paint etc. We have a crew of volunteers coming in on Sat. I hope!!
Got all the plumbing repairs and fixtures done on my house finally. My plumber is a friend of mine and really good and fast but it still costs a small fortune for new showers etc. Next week we start the new tile--ouch!!
My prayers to all of you that requested-- I am so sorry for all of those hurting. A project manager on my current job told me today that the dr.'s have to amputate his 12 year old sons arm. The boy fell out of a tree on the 4th of July, broke it, they put it in a cast and it got infected so now he will lose it--- so sad.
Well I am off to the dinner table since it is almost 9:00
In His Trusted Arms- Gary

sami
08-11-2002, 07:49 PM
Blessing today,
I am so happy to say I am down another 2 lbs!!!!!!! I feel I am going to make it this time. I have even gone down a size. My Friends DD that just found out she had cancer had the pet scan and it shows a goose egg size spot in the chest area. They feel that 6 months of chemo will take care of it and 3 years of follow up. Please keep her in your prayers her name is Megan. How is everyone doing? It is quite around here I hope to hear from all of you.
Sami

Maxwell
08-11-2002, 09:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm kinda new around these boards. I've been posting on the Christian buddy forum a lot. They are very encouraging over there too!

I've been seriously losing weight since 6/3. Up to 21#'s so far. Yeah!

I'm glad that I found this website. Love the recipes. I'm making the Black Bean dish tomorrow for dinner. Yummy! Can't wait!

Hope you all have a great week eating right and exercising. Don't forget to ask God to help you in everything you do, even eating. :)

wilma12
08-12-2002, 09:54 AM
Good Morning! It's back to the usual after a week away. DH and I went to Winnipeg and spent some quality time together. It was great. We did a lot of walking and a bit too much eating. :rolleyes: I gained 1 lb. last week. Yesterday we went to the camp where our DS is counselling and connected with him. He's having a blast. One more week and then he's home again only to leave for school a couple of weeks later.

Maxwell: Welcome! You sound like you're right on track. I hope we can be an inspiration to each other.

Sami: A dress size already? You go girl!! I will pray for Megan. This is not an easy time for any of you. I will also pray for the little girl with lymphoma. Do you remember me asking for prayer for my DS's friend Shawn? He's the one with Hodgkin's disease. His tumour was the size of a football when they found it and after a few weeks of chemo it was down to the size of a chicken egg. He is now taking his radiation and after that we'll see. He looks like he's in great health. There is good news sometimes. I hope this is the case for both of your prayer requests.

Gary: You are one busy guy. You should have your weight lost in no time with all that activity.

Leens: I hope you're having a good day. Job stress is not good. I hope you can conquer it.

I hope you all have a great day!!

Leenie
08-12-2002, 01:22 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Sami, congrats on the weight loss, how much have you lost ?
I don't know when I'll ever lose weight. I feel like I can every day but then I don't. Years ago I lost 150 lbs, kept it off for 13 years but regained 80 in the past 4 years........oh why !!

I am trying to give my whoes to the Lord but I keep forgetting to pray to Him to help me in this part of my life. Wish I had someone to pinch me every time I sit down at a meal haaa :lol:

I've also been trying to keep myself happy as far as looks goes. I completely let myself go, so on Friday I got my hair cut, and last night I painted my nails.........gotta feel purty - Right

Gotta run

HELLO EVERYONE.

Gutchie
08-13-2002, 02:06 PM
Good afternoon dear friends around computer land.

Hot, sticky, 98 degrees in Southern Ontario Canada for 3rd. day in a row, we need rain! But then, tis summer and my complaining angers those folks who hate winter (of which I'm not one).

My prayers are going up, for those I read in need.

I too have gained some weight over these past two weeks, how much, shall find out Thursday evening. To all you losers, way to go everyone! All I can say is I'm eating right and thats a good thing. I'm keeping on, keeping on. Will attend a different weight watchers meeting this week see if a different leader can motivate this ole gal. I observe at the summer functions, the people able to eat wonderful things with envy. So much good food lying about, too little will power to stop at just one bite.

God Bless each of you on your "walk" to Heaven.
I'll check in on Thursday.

Sister Joanne,
Southern Ontario Canada

doitforme
08-14-2002, 08:45 PM
Wow, I finished reading all the posts, Congrats Sami down a dress size, you'll get in the gown for sure. I have been away two weeks, I went camping the 1st week, then did a bible conference, where I helped out teaching little kids which was great, it was sponsored by our church. Pastor had surgery on his femur last friday, He had a bone biopsy done on the 4 lessions that showed on the mRI. We haven't heard any results yet, but pray it is benign, He will have a tough road with the treatment of his melanoma, Sorry to cut this short tired from reading will try to post again tom. It is so hot, I feel drained. I worked yesterday, today, tom. then I amoff 2 more weeks, I am suppose to do an outreach program with the kids from the church, hopefully it won't get cancelled, God Bless Thanks for all the prayers, and sorry to hear about Megan, and the boy with the infected arm, Your allin my thoughts and prayers! luv ya!

wilma12
08-16-2002, 11:09 AM
I have also been a slacker when it comes to posting. I've had a really good week so far so I'm looking forward to weighing in on Sunday. Hopefully I'll have lost something. I'm back to walking again and I am really enjoying it. It's not supposed to rain today so I'll try to get outside to walk today.

I have a little over a week of holidays left and then it's back to work. This summer has flown by. Youngest DS comes home next week from working at camp and then both boys go off to school in a couple of weeks. It'll be really quiet around here but they're both going to Bible school and feel God leading them into different fields.

Have a great day!

ECmom
08-16-2002, 09:21 PM
Good evening,
Well, I am about the biggest slacker out there.......I think I have missed this thread for almost 2 months now. This has been a rugged summer with the kids, I think boredom has set in and now all they do is fight and pick on mom. But I did want tko check in - I do stop and read the posts from time to time and remember your prayer requests. It is good to see some new friends here and "old" ones too!!!!!
Hopefully I will get more of a chance to visit in the fall once the kids are back in school.
Take care!
Ginny

betty crocker
08-18-2002, 10:01 PM
Hello Everyone:wave:

Haven't posted for a few days. Where is everyone?:?:
Hope everyone is ok.

Wanted to thank everyone for their prayers, and let everyone know how things are. My husband is working hard over the last week and a half. He got his first check friday. Praise the Lord:cp: It was only two days worth but boy was it nice to have some money comming in:lol: .

Thanks again and God Bless:flow2:

sami
08-19-2002, 07:34 AM
Blessing to all. Well School starts for my younger children tue....It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!! My 3 younger children go to a christian school and we got the new fees last night we won't be over eating because we won't be able to afford it!!!!! I have lost 19 lbs so far stayed the same this week. I got to go I leave for work in 10 min and I am not dressed yet! am lifting you in pray. Will post more later!
Have a blessed day!
Sami

wilma12
08-19-2002, 11:18 AM
Sami, I stayed the same also this week. I seem to be in a bit of a slump right now. At least I haven't gained. You're doing really awesome to lose 19 lbs. I sure hope I can say that soon. I just need to get my rear in gear. I start back to work on the 27th so maybe a little structure will be good. Both my boys graduated from a Christian school and we have never regretted spending the money. We consider it an investment in their spiritual future!

Youngest DS is getting baptized at the lake on Sunday. We are so thrilled about it. We have lots of family coming up for it so eating again will be a challenge. One prayer request is that DH will be able to be there. His boss doesn't feel that family is more important than working and might not give him the day or even the morning off. He probably won't know until Friday or Saturday which is very frustrating especially with all this family coming up. He is seriously considering a career change but that will mean a move for us. Lots of things to consider then. Please pray for us!

Betty: I'm so glad your husband found work. Those paycheques are nice. God does supply!!

Have a wonderful day!

Leenie
08-19-2002, 12:56 PM
Good Morning All,

How was your weekend? Mine was the usual, cleaning...etc. Nothing fun and exciting. This weekend is Grace's :bb: 1st Birthday party, I can hardly believe a whole year has gone by. Her eye teeth are coming in so she's REAL crabby. Hope it lets up for her party. Can't wait to give her, her smash cake and let her go to town. Good times to come - THANK YOU JESUS !!!!

Boss lady is back tomorrow :( it gives me little time to play here. Oh well what can you do.

As far as weight loss, every day I try and blow it. I guess I should just be thankful for the next day to try again huh :) So far today I"m doing good.

Have a great day or week if I don't get in here later.

betty crocker
08-19-2002, 11:19 PM
Hi Wilma, HI Leens:wave:

Yes, God does supply. He uses so many people to affect our lives in so many different ways. I just thank Him and praise Him for His goodness:cb:

Wilma, I'm sorry to hear that your husbands boss doesn't think that the amily should come first. That's what's wrong with our familys today. Congradulations on the baptism. My son was supposed to be baptized a few months ago but he is afraid of his face and head being under water that he couldn't do it, at the last moment. Since then he has had swim lessons and I'm hoping he can do it soon.

Happy Birthday Baby Grace:hb:
Hang in there Leens, It will get better. At least you keep trying. that's better than not. I've kind of been in the same boat. Just gotta get our minds in gear.:strong:

Bye for now:)

sami
08-20-2002, 07:16 PM
Blessing to all,
Today was my baby's first day of kindergarten this is the first time in 20 years I have not had a child at home! I was sad. But that is why I took this day job. Leens I can tell you I really miss having a baby around (even crabby one's) Give Grace a big Birthday hug from me. Wilma I am praying for your husbands boss to SEE THE LIGHT! I am praying for a loss this week I have so far to go before the wedding. Please Keep Megan in your prayers she has started chemo is feeling bad. Betty Crocker Thank you for the encouragement Pray your son gets over his fear of his head being underwater.
Lifting you all in prayers,
Sami

Gutchie
08-20-2002, 08:16 PM
Hoping this evening finds all of you well?

I had a terrible week last week, a gain of 5 pounds, I knew the cause. (1st. one in 5 months or so) Menopause is such fun :)
But just 4 days later 3.8 of those pounds were gone. Here's hoping next weigh in see's it all gone, plus a few more. This 2nd. time around @ Weight watchers has been oh so much more difficult! I remain determined to get this extra weight off. You young folks out there, do it now, age does alter the ability to take it off quickly.

We're off this weekend on our final weeks holiday of the summer.
Where has it gone?
I shall think of each of you and wish you well as we lounge on the shores of Lake Erie.
Myself, Dh, Ds, and now 2 of his 16yr. old friends making it one big grocery week. We now have a Ds with a "beginners license" this is going to be an interesting vacation. God Bless each of you and yours.

Sister Joanne,
:) Smiling @ Lake Erie

sami
08-24-2002, 08:24 AM
Good mornig I only have a min. I wanted to take time to let you know that I am praying for you. What a week getting the kids back to school. And Mondays and Fridays I have to pick Molli up at the sitters. I am so blessed! I needed to work days to be home at night because one of my girls really struggle with school work. And guess what a Day position opened doing just what I liked doing. And I had friends who offered to take and pick up my kids from school and my one friend is watching Molli and I had a few other friends offer to be back ups Now that is seeing God's Blessing in my life! I stayed the same this week but it was busy at work we are making a lot of changes in the way we do are hiring. So I ended up eating lunch at 2:00 and I had been at work since 7:30! And when I go I am so hungry I eat to much. I am going to take snacks next week and see if that helps. Have a Blessed day!
Sami

EZMONEY
08-24-2002, 06:54 PM
Hi Everyone-- SOOOOOOOO sorry I have not posted. Been way too busy at work, remodeling the house before summer ends and moving my daughter in to her new CHRISTIAN !!! college, YIPEE-YIPEE!! one year at the famous Calif. party school was enough for her. It is so cool hearing the profs. pray for your child at orientation. Son just got back home safely from his one week camp in the mountains with the local hi-school cross country team he coaches ( he coaches 50 girls- now anyway, they drop as the season progresses ). Well gotta take my niece and nephew school clothes shopping-- something my late brother loved to do. We have an awesome God!!! Go to worship tomorrow!!! Love ya Gary

chocolate
08-25-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Leens
Years ago I lost 150 lbs, kept it off for 13 years but regained 80 in the past 4 years........oh why !!

Leens -- Hi! I just found this thread (usually I'm on WW General). I just wanted to say that I lost 120 lbs. in 1994-95 and then re-gained 55 of it, so I know how you feel. I am so MAD at myself for letting this happen again!! It was my third major weight loss attempt (50 lbs. in 1980, 80 lbs. in 1987) At least this time I decided to turn it around at only 55 lbs. LOL! Why do we do this to ourselves? Why can't we see what's happening when we gain the first 5 lbs. back??

Anyway, what I really wanted to say is "Congratulations!" on losing 150 lbs. and keeping it off for 13 years!! That is a *tremendous* accomplishment and you should be very proud. Okay, so you've gained some back, but you're aware of it and you're not letting it go any further, right? Let's encourage each other --- we CAN do this!

wilma12
08-26-2002, 08:57 AM
Good Morning! It's 7:45 in the morning - my last day of holidays and I can't sleep. Tomorrow I won't want to get up. Anyway, I wanted to share with you what an awesome weekend I had. DS's baptism was really great. The weather was incredible so he got his wish to be baptized in the lake. What was neat that some of the people out walking, etc. stopped to watch too so hopefully they were touched in some way with the experience too.

I also had a blast with my family. We don't see each other much and treasure each moment we have together. My parents are in their late 70's and we don't know how much time we'll have with them.

Now, I'm preparing to take both boys away to school. They go on separate weekends so that's okay. It's going to be really quiet around here!

I stepped on the scale yesterday am and found that 2 lbs. had disappeared. I think this plateau has finally broken. As you can see by my signature I have finally reached 170. I can hardly wait to get into the 60's then the 50's etc. Thanks for sharing in my excitement.

Chocolate: You're right about catching it sooner this time. You've done really well. Keep it up!

Gary: Isn't it great when our kids decide on Christian colleges. Both my boys will be attending one this fall. They don't need all the other distractions.

Sami: God knows just what we need doesn't He? It's so great about your day job. Being home with our kids is the most important job we can do. So glad also that you maintained especially with the busy week you've had. Let's keep on truckin'!

Gutchie: I hope you're not too discouraged about your gain. As long as you don't keep up the trend you'll be okay. Keep up with the good work you've been doing. Keep your eyes on the prize.

Hello to everone else! ZOE: WHERE ARE YOU??

chocolate
08-26-2002, 09:23 AM
My girls all went back to school today; the oldest to college (freshman year), the other two are in 7th grade and 3rd grade. Whew! Now maybe I'll find some time for ME! :) I am just enjoying the peace and quiet for right now.....later maybe I'll get in a little extra exercise by walking up to the post office.

I had a maintain on the scale this morning, but after being down 1.75 on Friday, .25 on Saturday and .75 on Sunday I guess my body's taking a break. I am thrilled to report that I've lost 8.75 lbs. since July 25th. I had some rocky days in there; in fact I actually weighed more on August 15th than when I started, but I just kept trying and it came off quickly. I have a WW staff meeting on September 6th and I am really going to try to get 2 more lbs. off by then. I'll still be over goal, but at least they'll be able to see that I'm trying.

pravda
08-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Hello ladies!
I have been gone for quite sometime. I have been on and off again, trying to lose weight. I was so strict on SB then a lot happened and I was so discouraged that I resorted to compulisive eating! AUAUAUAHAHGHGHGH!
I have only gained 1lb back though, GOD IS GOOD! So, this week, after much soulsearching and praying and kicking and screaming, I am going back to being on SB! I must do it!
I read some of the post, there is no way I would be able to catch up with them all, so I will say congrats to those that have lost weight and keep it up to the rest of us!
I have missed talking to you guys. I will make it a daily thing to come and read and post!
Thanks
Pravda

EZMONEY
08-29-2002, 10:27 PM
HI EVERYONE - I can't believe how busy I have been the last few weeks with stuff at church, work at church, REGULAR WORK, moving my daughter into her new college and now trying to figure out how to keep my 12 yr. old nephew and 7 yr. old niece. Seems they were picked up today by child protective services. My sil is not a very good mother ( my deceased brother was not a very good father -- as much as he loved his kids he just had too many self imposed demons to care for them properly ). The police found them living in deplorable conditions-- although they apperared to be healthy-- I was just with them this week-end and they were fine-- my sil always brings them here, we are not allowed in her home. Guess she NEVER learned to clean house-- she is a lab tech. at a hospital-- go figure.
To top all this off I was working on the bathroom remodel at church today and our pastor told me they had to pull life support on a dear church friend of mine-- 51 years old. He had hepatitis as a boy, had hip surgery several months back and somehow his liver got infected, not sure how it all plays out except thank the good Lord he is in heaven out of pain now. A wonderfull family left behind though.
Maybe I will have more cheerfull news next time-- Prayers for all of you--In Christ, Gary

doitforme
08-29-2002, 10:58 PM
EZ- Sorry to hear about all the bad news. My brother and sil went through something very similar about a year and a half ago. They knew when child protective was coming and we helped clean ect. They love their kids but both have many issues. Some of which has been worked out. But know what you mean. Sorry to hear about your church friend, that is hard. It is easier knowing they are with the Lord. I had bad news as well. zMy pastor went to Dartmouth Hitchcock medical center, there is a Dr. that specializes with melanoma there and His doctor referred him for evaluation. His bone biosy came back positive for melanoma, it is also in the blood, and has another tumor starting on his back. The specialist said there are several types of treatment, however basically no cure. He was given a window of about 7 months, unless one of these treatments buys him more time. There are several experimental treatments. But they all are basically to extend time, time not cure. So He is having a rough time, He still remains positive, but is having bouts of depression. He said He doesn't worry for himself just for his wife and kids. He knows the Lord will provide, but worries his kids will end up blaming the God.

doitforme
08-29-2002, 11:05 PM
That is his biggest fear. I would appreciate continued prayer that the Lord will heal him miraculously, as I know He is able. I would ask that you guys add him to your churches prayer lists if possible. His name again is Robert Herrmann. I just put it in the Lords hands His will be done.
I gained 10 pounds on vacation, I took 12 teenagers with the pastor, and his wife, and my sister and bil and went on a teen missions retreat. They did a program in another church, in Marion N.Y. and camped for the weekend in the church. It went very well but too much junk and stuff aound throughout my 3 week vacation. Now I am back to work, no more vacations until Oct. Hope all is well with everyone else. I was busy all of August with a bible conference, and then working in the church, and then the weekend with the teens. It has been a busy summer, but its fading fast. Pray you are all well. God Bless!

EZMONEY
08-30-2002, 12:41 AM
Sue-- thanks for the prayers, and as always your pastor is in mine. We do have an awesome God-- capable of any and everything-- but as you know sometimes it is His way- not ours. We just have to trust- as your pastor and my friend knew. My neice and nephew should end up with me and they will be fine-- however the mom can find ways to keep them-- it is very hard to do the right thing for the kids sometimes-- they need their mom but at what price? Life can be soooo difficult at times-- HOWEVER all in all it is GREAT-- Love all of you- In His ARMS FOREVER, Gary

wilma12
08-30-2002, 08:42 AM
Just a quick note to say that I won't be here over the weekend. I'm taking oldest DS to school. He's excited about and and so am I. Please pray for safety for us while driving. It's a 5 hour drive.

Please pray for a co-worker of mine. Her sister, mother and nephew were in a serious car accident while they were travelling to their grandmother's funeral. Her sister was killed and her mother and nephew are in critical condition. They don't know the Lord and that makes it even more difficult to cope.

Have a wonderful day!