South Beach Diet - Favorite South Beach holiday foods?

jazzang
12-23-2009, 01:40 AM
What are you fave foods to eat during the holidays that are South Beach approved?

Thanks for sharing!

-Jess

Heidi58
12-23-2009, 06:16 AM
Between school and church events I've been partying for weeks now, and we've had friends and family stopping in the house quite a bit, too. I love this time of year but it does cause some extra food struggles, eh?

I've made these cookies for several Christmas parties: PB & J Cookies (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/desserts-phase-2/185249-easy-no-flour-pb-j-cookies-daily-dish.html)

I've been bringing nuts to meetings and get togethers and have lots at home to put out when guests are here. I've had more than my 1 serving/day of nuts a couple of times the past few weeks, but so far it hasn't hurt me.

Veggies and hommus or dip are another life saver for me this time of year.

I've been eating SF fudgcicles when my DH is eating Christmas goodies.

Schmoodle
12-23-2009, 12:56 PM
For the holiday meals, staying on-plan isn't too hard. We have a meat (turkey, ham, or tenderloin), and there are always veggies, salad, and raw veg, so I focus on those. For appetizers, there are lots of good recipes posted here. I like the salmon spread, Giada DeL Spinach dip, deviled eggs, and I'm trying the antipasto skewers this year.
Sweets are a problem (at least for me). The sweet sugar plums are close to staying on-plan (phase II). The South Beach chocolate-cherry truffles are good. Cat had a recipe posted for prune- based truffles, which I haven't tried, but look good.

beachgal
12-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Jess, great thread idea! You'll find lots of ideas in the Holiday recipe threads in our recipe forum.

One of my big favorites is a torta I make with pesto, goat cheese mixed with 1/3 less fat cream cheese, and sun dried tomatoes. You can eat it with whole wheat pita chips. It's delish!

murphmitch
12-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Veggies with hummus instead of dip, deviled eggs, nuts.
I just bought some of the Candy Cane tea I'm excited to try!