Alternachicks - Another Alternachick dips her toe in the water

barefootgrrrl
08-05-2002, 07:42 PM
Hello!!!

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself! So glad I found this great place on 3FC!!

I recognize a few of you from the Low Carb forum - so glad to see you here!

I've always marched to a different drum - I'm so glad to find a place where we can branch out, put our feet up and talk about all kinds of stuff.

Here's a little about me.........

I'm 41, live in Northern VA - work full time, mom to a great 12 yr old daughter.

I recently started low carbing - doing my own mix of Protein Power and Atkins - trying to get in the exercise habit.

I'm from upstate NY, have lived a few different places, travelled all over, used to be a Spanish teacher, have a couple degrees that look great on paper, don't like to label myself - so I consider myself a woman who loves women, currently have a male partner, broke up with my girlfriend a while back - I'm not religious - but practice my own brand of spirituality.

I love travel, education, learning, reading, swimming, wine, hot tubs, swimming, hiking ( can't wait to start again!), great conversations, movies and all kinds of stuff.

I am open minded and love to make new friends, especially interesting ones :)

christinagw@aol.com
08-05-2002, 09:12 PM
Hi Barefoot, & welcome, just peeked in seeing that no one had posted yet!

I am 32, 2 children, 1 husband (Who could stand more?). I am on the downswing of the diet, but feel like this stretch may be the longest!

Where in Norhtern VA? I am in Harrisburg PA, but get to the DC area about once a month for work.

Since the weightloss I have become lots more active with Dance class, biking & even just signed up for a lesbian Rugby team. (OK the jerseys don't say that or anything, I am just the only heterosexual on the team. Great friend that got me started on it teases me that she had her "gaydar' on, & knows something I don't! DH likes to tease me about it too, but I love them all, have a great time...and just maybe if one of them were single....:lol:

Come check out the other threads if you haven't yet, we can be a little wild, but everyone has a huge heart!

soozie
08-06-2002, 01:45 AM
welcome barefoot. you can read all about me in the Lesbian Mom thread. That's me, Soozie. Anyway, welcome and join us. Lots of wonderful women here.

katrinabgood
08-06-2002, 11:25 AM
Don't be modest, soozie...tell her your FULL name..."soozie the luscious lesbian!"

Welcome, Barefoot! This group is wacko...I mean that in the best way, of course!

dentrassi
08-06-2002, 04:41 PM
WELCOME BAREFOOT!!!!!!

barefootgrrrl
08-06-2002, 05:30 PM
Y'all are sweet!

(as a native NYer, I never thought I'd hear myself say that! LOL)

Oh, I live about 15 miles west of D.C. in the burbs (help!!!) but a grrrl has to make a living!

I love wackiness - doesn't it seem like lots of people take things too seriously or is it me?

:smug:

since you already have a Terri - I'll go with barefoot :):^:

Punkinseed
08-06-2002, 07:27 PM
Heyyyy are you a Terri too??? I'm a Terri, she's a Terri, wouldn't you like to be a Terri too?.... :cb:

Welcome!! Yes, a whacky bunch here... I find myself giggling quite often and not being able to share why (my Mom's my co-worker and well, there's just some things I'm not getting into with her).

Anyway, I'm Terri, but I think I covered that already. I live in central Oregon, blissfully divorced, love people in general but am currently having a semi-affair over the phone (long story - first person to make my toes curl in 8 years), no kids, just kitties (3 sisters all 5 mos. apart) and while I love to study all the worlds religions I call myself Pagan (best catch-all I could find).

Welcome to the group!!

Terri (duh)

christinagw@aol.com
08-06-2002, 08:37 PM
Barefoot, Wow maybe we can get together sometime...maybe to celebrate when we both hit our goal weights! I am going to Annandale VA this weekend, to see my Girlfriend & my newest Godchild, then heading to Falls Church to drop off kids for the weekend with SIL.
(I won't suggest a meeting just yet, don't want you think I am some freak who will start stalking you! Would rather you know that I am some freak, although I won't ever stalk you!):lol:

squeaker
08-07-2002, 07:54 AM
WELCOME!

:cb:

:spin:squeak

barefootgrrrl
08-08-2002, 01:08 PM
Hey ! I love all these welcomes!

Yes, Christina - if you travel down this way on a regular basis - that might be fun! I'm not far away at all.

I'm not worried about your stalker status - I trust the other chicks would let me know! :lol:

See you all on the other threads :dizzy: barefoot Terri

mauvaisroux
08-13-2002, 11:13 PM
Hi Barefootgrrrl! Welcome to the Alternachicks forum! :flow1:

bribrie
08-15-2002, 11:47 AM
barefoot,

this is my first post on the site (woo hoo!) and i wanted to say hello to EVERYONE, but especially you since I, too, am in NOVA. :)

i'd love to be buddies if you're looking for one ... i'm almost 35 and have decided it's time to GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

hello again, and i hope to hear from you! feel free to email if you like, or post here. i'll check back!

~ bribrie
bribrie7@yahoo.com

mauvaisroux
08-15-2002, 08:31 PM
Hi bribrie! Welcome to the Alternachicks forum:)

I just turned 35 and am getting my tush in gear to get fit and fabulous. I have lost some weight since last February and I am close to my goal but I am trying to develop a healthier lifestyle both in the food and the exercise departments.

Good luck with you goals!

RuthG
02-08-2003, 01:13 PM
H Everyone,

I'm new to Chicks and just found you all! About myself-

I'm married with 2 kids, bi, live in VA (45 min south of DC), am an artist, work ft at a university, am into my religion (Jewish) and interested in ALL faiths, and am ready to lose about 75 lbs. I have Type 1 diabetes and a mood disorder which makes the weight loss very difficult, but not impossible. I need the support for sure, and a sense of humor is vital!! Thanks for being here and for being "alternative." (whatever that means!)

:goodvibes

1fatlady
02-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Hey everybody. Help I'am lost. I think I may be bi.????????? Just treading the waters. I have about 120 lbs to lose. I went yesterday, I was really upset with all these new feelings inside of me, so I went and bought a ton of comfort food. I made 4 lbs. of homemade fudge, barbeque chips, chocolate chip cookies, waffles/butter/syrup, well you get the picture. I really need someone to talk to about my thoughts of of late and I need some diet buddies. Its time for me to get serious about this weight loss issue. Anybody---------------------- Thanks

rochemist
02-08-2003, 04:17 PM
Welcome Barefoot and briebrie!

Miss Chris

Wanttolosealot
02-10-2003, 08:05 AM
Hi Ruth G and 1fatlady,
Welcome to the gang. I too am BI, as are a few others, a couple lesbian and rest are just the greatest listeners and friends you could want for. We have a lot of fun here, and have become a great group of friends. Welcome again! Ever need to talk feel free to PM me anytime.
Virginia

ellis
02-10-2003, 09:48 AM
Wecome bribrie, Ruth G and 1fatlady! :wave:

mauvaisroux
02-10-2003, 01:15 PM
Welcome RuthG and 1fatlady! :D