Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Core Chat: Dec. 21- Dec. 27

Tejas
12-21-2009, 08:40 AM
New Pages

:grouphug:

Tejas
12-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Good Morning Everybody:

I read all of the last few days' posts. Maryann, smart move to postpone travel! My niece lives in Rockville MD, and she reports 16 inches of the stuff and that the DC Metro is closed.

I've been doing things related to Christmas, but I'm sick with a cold and sinusitis (again!). But, given the emotions and running around, I'm just glad I didn't fall and break a leg or getting even sicker. I began to feel it on Wednesday morning and here it is full blown, no matter how much Vitamin C I'm taking, no matter how well I do that sinus irrigation thing, and no matter how much sinus meds I take. It's got me in its grip. Well, we all know the joke: a cold takes 7 days whether you treat its symptoms or not!

Nancy, I'm sorry to hear about your son. I have a good friend whose son is "extreme" also and I know how hard it is to live with the anxiety. We all come into this world with a task to do (I think) and these kinds of sons must come in with the job of terrifying the rest of us ;)

I hope you all have a good day. I'm going to rest!

Rhonda

sloanie
12-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Mornin chicks! Cleaning, laundry, errands, and shopping today :(

Sandra, I'm glad you like my name. I consider myself a lot of things; sexy is not one of them :rofl:

Rhonda, feel better!

Nancy, sounds like your life is kinda crazy right now. I hope your DH can get some resolution about his back and knees. My DH has been fighting those same problems for about 12 years. One thing I might suggest is exhausting all avenues before resorting to surgery. Exercise, Chiropractic, PT, etc. may have some positive effects. I'm glad your DS is okay...how scary!!

Hey to the rest of you chickies. I'll check in later.

beach bum
12-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Just wanted to let you know that I'm fine and ready to go down to NY on Tues. Had the radio on and Rt 28 that runs in though town is closed to to heavy snows & ice.So I glad I made different plans,now they have another day to remove the snow and hopefully no delays.Other than that nothing new to report.

RHONDA-We had a total of 19"Usually the storms go up the 95 corridor and hits Boston but this time it came our way.Getting excited as I haven't seen the family since last Christmas other than Leo funeral.Now for the happy times again.Hope that's what the New Year will bring.

SLOANE-Glad that all the things your doing today,are finished at my house just waiting now for my trip down to NY. My sister called and told me that the LIRR is not running today because of the snow,at lease on the line I'm taking hope its all resolved by the time Tues rolls around.

:tree:GOING TO CLOSE,HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR AND I'LL SEE YOU IN 2 WEEKS.:tree:

ontarget
12-21-2009, 06:45 PM
We're having a great day. And I'm op. Our family Christmas is Wed night. After that eating hurdle, I should be fine with few temptations. Life is good.

Rhonda, I'm sorry your sick again. I hope you feel better by Christmas. We'll come see ya'll after the holidays after all is settled down.

Sloan, I still think your name sounds sexy. Don't sell yourself short.

Maryann, have a good trip. Get her when you can.

Vickie, I'm guessing you're super busy today and will be for awhile.

As a good friend says, "Remember to hug yourselves." I'll be back later.

sloanie
12-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Hey chicks, we've been busy. I made an awesome recipe today: wild rice chicken soup. It is awesome. If anyone wants the recipe let me know, and I'll post it. DD and DH loved it, too. We plan to shop tomorrow, and I have to make some food for my parents' anniversary on Wednesday. I plan to make some kind of low-cal chocolate trifle with ff/sf choc pudding, low fat cake, and cool whip. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sandra, thanks for the vote of confidence!

Maryann, be safe tomorrow :)

Rhonda, take care of yourself. How about some chicken soup?

TTFN

nancy237
12-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Sloan..This sounds good but it isn't exactly what you were
asking for.

Chips Ahoy Dessert
9 servings

1/2 cup f/f milk
18 reduced fat Chips Ahoy Cookies (not the mini cookies)
2 cups f/f milk
1 8 oz tub Cool Whip Free
1 small box chocolate SF/FF instant pudding mix

Place 1/2 cup of milk in a shallow bowl. Dip 9 cookies in milk very briefly and line an 8 x 8 dish with them.

Take 1/2 of the Cool Whip and spread over cookies. Mix the choc. pudding with 2 c milk. Layer over top of Cool Whip. Dip next 9 cookies in the milk and lay on top of pudding. Top with remaining Cool Whip.

Refrig at least 2 hours. Best if you refrig 8 hrs.

ontarget
12-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Yum...... That sounds good.

nancy237
12-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Must brag on my son.

I had just started cooking Diet Coke Sloppy Joe tonight when my cousin
called with a semi-crisis call that needed my undivided attention. I went
to a quiet spot to talk and came back in 30 minutes and my son had
taken over and finished the recipe and it was ready to serve.
He did an excellent job!!
He even left out the chili powder for my hubby :)

sloanie
12-22-2009, 07:47 AM
Nancy, thanks for the recipe. I might actually try it; it sounds so yummy! Also, isn't it funny how we underestimate our kids. Every now and then they do something that we had no idea they knew how to do! I'm glad your son made you proud!!

Tejas
12-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Hi Everybody:

Wow, the LIRR isn't running. That's amazing. I've never heard of it being shut down, but I suppose that happens from time to time.

Sloan, I agree with Sandra about the sound of your name. Enjoy! And, please do send the soup recipe. I'd make it.

I slept in until 8AM..that is unheard of. And, I'm feeling a little better. We have bought gifts for four of the five kids we're buying for, so I'm headed out to get the fifth one now.

We bought a live tree for our Christmas tree. My plan was to buy one every year, then plant it in the yard and create a Christmas forest. But, I don't know. They can be inside for only a week or 10 days and need a lot of attention so that they don't dry out. Well, at least we'll have our first tree in the new house out in the yard.

I need help staying OP. The chocolate has my name on it, sick or not!!!! OK, just saying that will help.

BBL,
Rhonda

Tejas
12-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Oh, I forgot to tell you that when DH met me at the airport on Friday, he met me carrying three dozen roses for me: red ones, yellow ones, orange ones, pink ones, white ones!!!!

Isn't he the sweetest!?

I'm out spending money and keeping the economy strong :lol:

Rhonda

ontarget
12-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Rhonda, thank you for helping our economy. I did my part, too. (I did more than I had anticipated--as always--I get carried away--but it is Christmas.) That was so sweet of Doyle greeting you with roses. Makes me smile. He's a romantic fella for sure.

Nancy, that's kewl about your ds finishing the joe's for you.

Sloan, are you packed yet? It'll be good to be where it's warmer. Enjoy yourself.

Rhonda, I'm sending you ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) to help with dealing with chocolate. Get you some 1 point Weight Watcher Fudgesicles and 1 point Weight Watcher Chocolate Cake/chocolate icing. That'll help.

sloanie
12-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Hey chicks, I went shopping today, too. My sister and I shopped for my dad. He loves to give my mom gifts but does not feel much like shopping, so we got to go and spend his money! Tomorrow I will finish shopping, get laundry finished and pack, make food for my parents' anniversary party, and rearrange some things for the drywall man who will work while we are gone. I checked the weather for Orlando next week, and it is supposed to be around 70. We are getting more excited every day!

Rhonda, I agree with Sandra. Get some WW treats that are chocolate. That might help. I will post the soup recipe. The idea about the Christmas trees sounds cool. Maybe every other year! Oh yes, the roses would have made me cry!!!! How sweet :)

Sandra, one good thing about packing for this trip is that everyone can pack for themselves. We are pretty flexible about when we will leave since we are only going to drive part of the way on the first day. I will pack some road food to save money and calories, so I do have to get that ready.

Hey to the rest of you chickies. Hope all is well with each of you!

sloanie
12-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Rhonda, I put the recipe under Soups on the board. Hope you like it!

ontarget
12-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Sloan, I love the avatar.

Vickie
12-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I've been SO busy but happy. Jim is out running a few last minute errands right now because the weather is supposed to be getting quite nasty later. The worst scenario of freezing rain and snow. I'd honestly rather have just snow. We still don't know how bad tomorrow and Christmas day will be. So far they are predicting just rain on Christmas day. That would be great with me. I don't need snow for Christmas. We'll have plenty in January and February.

My house got cleaned yesterday and we won't have any company until tomorrow. Jim and I will just be relaxing today once he gets home and after I get done on the treadmill.

Sloan, have a great trip.

Mary Ann, we'll miss you while you are gone. Hope you get to check in but most of all hope you enjoy being in the healing arms of your family. It is truly right where you need to be right now.

Paula, hope you are enjoying yourself!

Rhonda and Sandra, enjoy being with your families and I hope to be able to check in with you both in the next couple of days. What are your plans?

Talk to you all later.

sloanie
12-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Mornin' chicks! It's gonna be crazy busy today :dizzy: DDand I have been knitting house slippers for my parents, and I still have to finish the pair that I am working on. After that, more of the same from yesterday,and then tonight we will celebrate my parents' 57th wedding anniversary. I've got to get going, so I'm gonna get off here. I hope you all have a wonderful, not too busy, day!

Vickie
12-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Wow! 57 years. How awesome is that?! Have a great time.

Tejas
12-23-2009, 11:19 AM
57 years is great. My parents had 54 before my Daddy died, and my sister and her husband had the same before my BIL died.

I was out for breakfast at 6:30 AM and shopping within the hour. Now, I'm going to nap before going out again to buy recliners for the family room. :woohoo:

Rhonda

Vickie
12-23-2009, 12:22 PM
We are having an ice storm. No more "outs" for us today. We are hoping to be able to get out for breakfast tomorrow but we'll see.

ontarget
12-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Rhonda, you sound really busy. But you also sound like you're feeling better. That's good.

Vickie, we're expecting cold weather, too. We may get snow, but looks like Rhonda has a better shot at it than we do. Right now the sun is shining.

Sloan, have fun.

We are celebrating tonight. After that we will just be staying in warm and cozy.

Tejas
12-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Nope, no snow expected here..just rain.

I bought the recliners and chose a sofa and recliner for the LR. Whoa...lots of shopping. We went to Lazyboy for all of this and had a great time.

I'm unpacking boxes and getting ready for family to come on Christmas.

By the way, I'm feeling much better, and enjoying the hot tub.

Vickie
12-23-2009, 11:05 PM
We are having an ice storm. Hope it's melted by morning so it doesn't screw up my plans.

sloanie
12-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Hey chicks! The dinner was nice with good food and family. After that, DH and I went shopping for a few stocking stuffers. We will continue the laundry, Christmas prep, and packing tomorrow. The countdown is on!

Rhonda, I'm glad you're feeling better. What does your new furniture look like? I'll bet you are having a blast decorating your new home! BTW the hot tub sounds wonderful!

Vickie, be careful in the ice.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!!!

ontarget
12-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Rhonda, sounds like you're getting a lot done. Enjoy the hot tub.

Vickie, be safe.

Sloan, you be safe, too.

Vickie
12-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Merry Almost Christmas Chicks! I'm off to the treadmill and then out to breakfast and it isn't JC! Woo Hoo! The streets look dicey but we won't be ready to go for a while yet.

What are you all doing today and tomorrow?

sloanie
12-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Up at 7:00 for breakfast with the family at Cracker Barrell then home for more laundry. Will it ever end? Later, I have to go to the store to pick up a few last minute things. Tonight, we will have an extended family party with about 60 or 70 people then a more intimate gathering at my sister's house. We won't leave tomorrow until after lunch then will drive until supper time. That will put us about half way to Orlando, then we will go the rest of the way on the 26th. Magic Kingdom stays open until midnight on the 26th, so we will start there. We are getting more excited by the minute!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a safe and happy new year celebration!!!!

Vickie
12-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Have a wonderful and safe trip, Sloan!

Tejas
12-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Have a safe and fun time, Sloan. We'll be awaiting a detailed report.

Well, it IS snowing. I don't think it will stick, but big flakes are falling now.

I went to my new gym today for what I thought would be an aerobics class, but it was Pilates instead. Now, Pilates is harder than jumping around but I did well. I will need the hot tub.

The chimney sweep is here, checking our chimney. DH is out getting a haircut and when he returns I'm going to my niece's house. Her father is my brother and there is a sad past between us. She said that if he left the party, she didn't care at all. We'll see what happens. My brother has not been a nice person most of his life, and it is complicated by mental health issues.

I may buy the pies for tomorrow. I've still got New Year's to show off my crust making skills :lol:

Have a great day everyone.

Rhonda :snow4:

Tejas
12-24-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm wrong..the snow is sticking......

ontarget
12-24-2009, 09:39 PM
It's white here, too. I tried to take a photo of cardinals, alligators, and white stuff; but it was fairly late so I didn't get a good photo. I was going to e it to the local NBC station.

Rhonda, I hope all went well at your niece's. Wouldn't it be a wonderful gift if you and your brother reconnected? I'm glad you got into a new exercise class. It's good you have the hot tub.

Merry Christmas, everyone!:hohoho:

sloanie
12-24-2009, 11:53 PM
I can't believe it is snowing in Texas and it is warm in Tennessee. Oh well, so much for a white Christmas. We will have safer travel without it. Tomorrow is the big day! TTFN

nancy237
12-25-2009, 12:53 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!!

We ate and went to a Christmas Eve service tonight.

Tomorrow we will do a family brunch & give gifts and then by 3
everyone will be gone and hubby and I will have total
peace and quiet. I may go see the Blindside movie.

Stay warm !!

Vickie
12-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Merry Christmas my most wonderful Chicks! I was up until 5:00 playing with my brand new iPhone. Now I must go through the day on 2 hours sleep. Adrenaline and food will likely be my friend today.

Enjoy your day. I hope you all have much joy.

sloanie
12-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Merry Christmas Chickies!!! Disney or Bust!!!!

ontarget
12-25-2009, 07:12 PM
We had a great day. We spent it at my son's. There were about a dozen folks there and lots of laughter (and eating). As of 6 pm, I am back op.

Sounds like everyone's having a good holiday. I'll see you all later. Enjoy your evening.

nancy237
12-25-2009, 09:10 PM
I have been eating really bad last night and today. My whole family loves the
unhealthy casserole recipes, so it is hard to make those and not eat them.

The good part is I realize how bad I feel (tired ,bloated) eating that way .

I can't wait til tomorrow , when I will get back to eating healthy.

I have been doing some Sonoma eating, which I think is core.
It is based on heart healthy power foods and big on
whole grains, beans etc .

Tejas
12-25-2009, 10:47 PM
I have overindulged in every possible way, and am now headed to the hot tub. We had 10 adults and 3 children over here for the day. That is the most I have hosted in a long time, and I still don't know where all my kitchen stuff is!

Tomorrow morning...10 AM aquafit class!

Merry Christmas!

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
12-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Hi Ladies and Merry Christmas to you all!! Its been a busy couple of weeks and my eating has been bad. Oh well, today is a new day. We had a great Christmas, my niece is coming today so its not quite over yet. Had my family in last Sunday amidst a blizzard in the North East. Luckily most are close by and we had 10 of the 16 make it. It was a nice time and a kick off to a non stop week. DD had a wonderful time, Santa sent her a letter that got here on Christmas eve. She was so excited. She did the Christmas play last Saturday and sung in the chior on Christmas eve. Spent yesterday at MILs with DHs family. I did actually vaccuum this morning so I feel the house is not a disaster area.

DD is now in the tub playing with some of her new bath toys. She is certain Santa made one doll wrong since its not quite floating the way she expected. Its fun this time of year with a 6 year old. Well, I could pass on her coming into our room at 3am yesterday morning wanting to go get her stocking. She climbed in bed with us until almost 7 -- DH says she fell asleep, I'd be surprised. I don't think I did.

I need to read and catch up with everyone some more. As far as a plan -- I'm thinking of sticking with SBD for the next 2 weeks (the strickt phase 1). I have not gotten on the scale in a few days which scares me. I'll be strict for the next few days and maybe try it out :o After the 2 weeks I'm going to go back to core slowly (which is basically phase 2 on SBD). I miss my rice and couscous!

Rhonda -- you need to change your siggie. Aren't you officially retired now???

HUGS to you All!

Tejas
12-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Nope...not officially retired until Jan. 1!

I went to aquafit and it was a great class.

We're off to see more familly...

Rhonda

Vickie
12-26-2009, 07:57 PM
The scale says I'm up 5 pounds! I've done nothing but eat large quantities of fattening food for 3 days. Time to treadmill and eat right starting tomorrow.

Hope you are all well. We are in the middle of a storm. We had to drive in really bad weather last night AND tonight. Off to the couch for now.

nancy237
12-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Vickie..all that fattening food was probably salty, so I bet some of that gain
is water gain from the salt. I have the same issue but I hope it
isn't all actual weight gain.

ontarget
12-27-2009, 03:35 PM
ho ho ho. Looks like we've all had a good holiday with lots of decadent foods. I'm glad we allowed ourselves to indulge as this is part of life. I'm even happier that we're all back op. I don't think a day or 2 of feasting is bad for us if we're able to turn the eating "off" and not keep on indulging day after day. That's always been a challenge for me.

This year I'm doing better. I haven't weighed lately but by the fit of my slacks this morning, I am probably still down 10 or so pounds. I have my daily affirmation written and am using it to keep me focused. I'm :ebike: 30 minutes a day and am holding my points at 29 or under. I had 5 good days last week. That's excellent for me this time of year. I was also able to get back op Dec. 26--also amazing for me. My directive affirmation is reflecting an additional 20 pound loss. I'm armed and ready.

I think we all need to pat ourselves on our backs for not waiting till Jan. 1 to get back on program. "We done good, girls."

Rhonda, you are adorable in your red jammies and Santa hat.

Tejas
12-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks, Cuz. I got those PJ's in Toronto, just for Christmas!

I had a good day. Breakfast with the family, church, NAP! Now, I'm trying to bring order to my kitchen, at long last. This will take a while.

I'll be in the pool tomorrow at aquafit class. I'm pleased to report that I need a smaller bathing suit!

Sandy, I agree with you. A few days of indulgence is not our problem!

ontarget
12-27-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm glad you found an aqua fit class. I never connected with the one in Cleburne. I did do my 30 min :ebike: today.

Congratulations on getting a smaller swimsuit.