General chatter - OK...enough...WHERE IS EVERYONE?

View Full Version : OK...enough...WHERE IS EVERYONE?

EZMONEY
12-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a major drop in activity here in the last few months?

Why do you think that is?

My opinion is that there are 3 main reasons...

#1 ~ Facebook ....I don't do Facebook but my wife does...

#2 ~ Economy .....people have had to let their Internet service go due to financial issues

#3 ~ Lost Jobs ....I think there were quite a few that may have been here during their breaks at work and are no longer working

Any thoughts on this? :)

cassieroll
12-20-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm right here. Where are you? :s:

lizziep
12-20-2009, 01:23 PM
was wondering the same thing.

Suzanne 3FC
12-20-2009, 01:27 PM
This is also traditionally the slowest quarter of the year for 3FC. Just wait until the day after Christmas :hyper:

CLCSC145
12-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Could it be the end of the year denial folks fading away (Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year I-can't-diet-because-there's-too-much-going-on syndrome) soon to be followed by resolution enthusiasm? It's nearly time for all the new year baby chicks...

jendiet
12-20-2009, 01:40 PM
i have to agree with previous poster...I used to be in THAT crowd. Not anymore life's too short to keep postponing health.

Aclai4067
12-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I think it's the time of year. My WW meetings have thinned out to practically nothing. Come January I won't be able to get through the door of that place!

PinkyPie
12-20-2009, 02:11 PM
I think it's the holidays too. People are busy, running around shopping, preparing for family, parties, dinners, etc. It's going to be real busy come right after New Year ;-)

Lori259
12-20-2009, 02:33 PM
I believe its from the holidays also... I think many people go off the diets because all the holiday goodies & pressures and I agree with everyone that they are also busy shopping/ect. & that they will proboly show back up in january...we need to be here for them once they come back and support them to the fullest cause everyone knows how diffcult the holidays can be.
BTW,I need to check out facebook ~I am on myspace.
If anyone else has myspace let me know and we can exchange info to look at each others profiles cause I have tons of pics of me & my family on my page. I will always be active on 3fatchicks though because I have had much inspiration from many on here...I adore y'all!

Mikayla
12-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Could it be the end of the year denial folks fading away (Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year I-can't-diet-because-there's-too-much-going-on syndrome) soon to be followed by resolution enthusiasm? It's nearly time for all the new year baby chicks...

LOL baby chicks...I think this is the truth. I'm noticing the same thing in the gym...sometimes I can hear crickets chirping when I'm there I swear. I don't even want to think about how busy it will be come Jan(maybe I should reserve my treadmill now!)

Sunrose
12-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Well, I'm still here lurking. Maybe there are a lot of lurkers who just don't post often, like me? Don't know. :shrug:

Windchime
12-20-2009, 03:34 PM
I have also noticed that it's been a lot quieter in here lately and I agree that it's probably due to the holidays. I was a New Year's Baby Chick last year and so I welcome the new rush of people that we will see after the first of the year! I am so grateful at how I was welcomed, so I'm looking forward to meeting new people. I have noticed that we have had lots more posts in the Introductions thread lately, so that's encouraging.

megwini
12-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Oh wow this will be my first year to see the rush... I joined April this year. I'm looking forward to it though!

SweetCurves32
12-20-2009, 04:45 PM
I've been MIA due to some health issues, a huge move and some personal things going on, plus, weight gain... oh and no internet access... I am hoping to start getting back here on a regular basis soon. I hope everyone has been doing well.

evilwomaniamshe
12-20-2009, 05:13 PM
yoo who, I'm still here!

probably all 3 of those Gary

Albeit Jan. 2nd, they'll be coming outta the woodworks!

MoveMoveMove
12-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Well, I'm still here lurking. Maybe there are a lot of lurkers who just don't post often, like me? Don't know. :shrug:

:yes: I agree

Major luker here. I too have noticed a slow down in posting. I figured it was the holidays. Didn't know the resolution rush happened here too though. I had experienced it at the gym a couple of times so the online version should be interesting.

cathydoe
12-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a major drop in activity here in the last few months?

I think people are hiding from you Gary. You need to call them out of hiding. How does that go? Ollie Ollie Oxen Free?

dragonwoman64
12-20-2009, 05:44 PM
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af195/dragonwoman64/parkslopeinsnow0018-1.jpg

snowed under here in Brooklyn

Clydegirl
12-20-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm here, although I don't post as much mainly because baseball season is over :)

Clydegirl
12-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Meant to say I think a lot of people are busy with the Christmas season.

Come January the posting will go back up.

EZMONEY
12-20-2009, 07:40 PM
I think people are hiding from you Gary.

That could very well be...sometimes I wonder if I am an advantage or disadvantage to the site....

Ruthxxx
12-20-2009, 07:51 PM
The MODerators don't wonder. ;)

EZMONEY
12-20-2009, 08:04 PM
The MODerators don't wonder. ;)

If I manage to keep some of you up at night then I am doing my job!

jendiet
12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
omg, dragon, that is sooo pretty. I miss all the snow we got on Staten Island. My dad was from Brooklyn, but I can never remember the name.

BillBlueEyes
12-20-2009, 08:26 PM
I just spent four hours busting my a** shoveling snow, and some dude from southern California wants to know why I'm not posting. Geeeeezzze.

When it snows, you can't just change the channel, LOL.

EZMONEY
12-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Had to let the dogs out to pee...geeez...must be in the 60's out there...

Ang....ANGGGG....Have you seen my sweater?

jendiet
12-20-2009, 10:11 PM
lol..what a wuss Ez.

heh billblue! That is so true..Hope the snow is manageable...although i really do miss it!

Lori259
12-20-2009, 10:47 PM
~Ohio is super cold right now also~ Its about 18 degrees right now here~
Snow everywhere.... I am in my pajamas~A sweater & boot Slippers~And My temp says 72 in the house but I am still cold! I am using my propane(gas) Furnace & a couple of electric room heaters....I am a wimp when it comes to cold. Been in ohio all my life more or less And was born in December so you would think I would be use to it But I aint~SUCKS!

BTW DRAGON BEAUTIFUL PIC

4myloves
12-21-2009, 10:17 AM

#1 ~ Facebook ....I don't do Facebook but my wife does...

#2 ~ Economy .....people have had to let their Internet service go due to financial issues

#3 ~ Lost Jobs ....I think there were quite a few that may have been here during their breaks at work and are no longer working

Notice how the disappearance of some regular posters coincides with the advent of the GAMING forum? I think that's what a lot of people were actually doing in General Chatter. :devil:

I belonged to a forum once-upon-a-time that didn't count the # of posts that were in the game forum--it cut some folks back by THOUSANDS of posts!!!!

dragonwoman64
12-21-2009, 02:50 PM
When it snows, you can't just change the channel, LOL.

exactly! on the corners I'd step into piles that went up to my knees! have to go out in about an hour, is probably slushville.

glad you all liked the pic. I couldn't bring myself to slog up to the park, that would have made a lovely pic.

jen, I bet staten island gets colder than brooklyn, they have that whole surrounded by water wind factor that we're a little sheltered from

Lori, I'm a wimp too, grew up in northern calif where temps ranged usually from about 50 to 85! doh! I think in 20 years we got a dusting once, gone by 10am.

mrsaugie
12-21-2009, 07:10 PM
I too have noticed that a lot of the activity in here has died down with the formation of the games section too.

EZMONEY
12-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Lif is not all about "games" folks...

you know me....

I am always up for serious chatter....

Enjoy your final days of shopping and prep for your "HOLIDAY"...

L R K
12-22-2009, 10:07 AM
It has been a little quieter - my guess is that it is due to the holiday season. People are travelling, shopping, preparing for Christmas etc. I bet it will be super busy come the New Year.

Heidi58
12-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Perhaps things have slowed down a little due to *cough*guilty-conciouses*cough* lol
This is a hard time of year to diet faithfully.

I know this is the last place I feel like coming when I'm PLANNING to fill my face with junkfood....... ;)

Slashnl
12-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Yep, I agree with the holidays really cutting into free time. I've been scrambling like crazy to get stuff done. Some people just put it off too long and then have to kick it into high gear the week before. Ha!

techwife
12-22-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm guilty of the Facebook thing. But, to be honest, Facebook is starting to get old already. I mean, I don't really care if someone I went to high school with is going to go pee and then go get another cup of coffee. Seriously....

I have been doing awful with my weight and eating habits. Completely awful. I closed my barber shop and one of the benefits is that now I'll be home to eat a proper lunch and get some exercise..today I had a turkey sammich on stoneground wheat bread and half a cantaloupe. Then, one of my former customers brought over a tray of every kind of homemade christmas cookie I could think of. So, half the tray is gone. It'll just be easier once the holiday time is over.

Slashnl
12-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Techwife, I was just thinking about Facebook the other day and wondering why I am staying in touch with all of these people from high school? Normally I wouldn't, but with Facebook.......... why?

CanadianCutie
12-22-2009, 07:16 PM
With Facebook for me, a lot of it is not wanting to hurt someone's feelings by saying no to their request for friendship. However with that being said, I will not accept a friend on facebook if I don't know them in some other venue, be it from real life, through gaming or from the forums.
I have had to remove a few people from my friend's list on there, and have had to decline a request. By far the weirdest request I ever got. An add friend request and message from a guy I had a fling with that was nothing but a liar and a cheat. I quickly put it to block.

JulieJ08
12-22-2009, 07:30 PM
I just got on facebook 'cause my siblings are - but one seems to have every schoolmate on there, which worries me, because I don't want to be "friends" on facebook with a bunch of people I wasn't friends with in high school and haven't seen in 20 or more years. But they'll see me on his friends list ... sigh.

EZMONEY
12-22-2009, 07:55 PM
I thought about Facebook but what if Angie wouldn't allow me to be her friend?

katkitten
12-23-2009, 10:30 PM
im one of those peeps with aguilty conscience :o

bargoo
12-23-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm here . Life happened to me when I was making other plans.

TamiL
12-24-2009, 07:27 AM
I can't go away or I get fat!

stargzr
12-24-2009, 10:40 AM
I can't go away or I get fat! :rofl:

I don't know what would happen if I stopped coming on here, so I haven't stopped. ;)