Old 12-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #1  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Default Metabolism miracle ~ any of you out there?

Howdy! I'll be starting the metabolism miracle plan on 12/26. Well maybe restarting after a huge series of flops is a better description. I'm just curious if there are more of you out there on this plan and am hoping for a few buddies to receive and give support in return

Merry Christmas!
thinnerbyjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I've read about this but haven't tried it. Do you know if you have to buy the book to get the information?
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonimaroni2 View Post
I've read about this but haven't tried it. Do you know if you have to buy the book to get the information?

I really think you need the book. Especially to get a good understanding of the hows and why. It can be outs for around $11 with shipping from half dot com
Old 12-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222.8/209.8/130

Hi,

I have been on the program since 11/10/09 lost 14 lbs and will keep going. don't give up.

stormgirl
Stormgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #5  

Howdy Stormgirl! That is fabulous!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/198/140

Height: 5'4"

I started the diet in August and was on it till the first part of November. I lost almost 30lbs and felt great. Due to the holidays and the fact that I knew the holidays would have me working 12+ hours a day I put the diet on hold for the month and just started back up yesterday. The great part was that what Diane said about resetting your body seems to be true, I didn't gain a single pound for the month I was off the diet. I did eat better but I still wasn't great and I wasn't able to exercise at all.
I don't want to give people an excuse to go off the diet but I do want people to know that it does work like she says.
I am really looking for some people to converse with as I go back on step one again. It is so hard staying with it to start with and going through the withdraw is killing me worse this time than last time for some reason.
ktbuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:12 AM   #7  

Ktbuggs~ big congrats on your 30 lbs! That is so great you easily maintained during the month off! Hope withdraw gets better soon! I never reslly went through that( thank heavens). Keep in touch and we can compare notes. I see our current and goals are pretty close!
Old 01-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #8  

The withdraw is better today finally and I can feel the energy coming back...thank god. I whipped up a batch of cheesecake pancakes today so breakfast is set for the week now. They take forever to cook when you make a large batch but they are really good and five 1/4 cup size pancakes is less than 3 carbs. I can usually only eat three maybe four at a time so they are a really good way to start my day.
Getting reasy to hit the treadmill for my walk/run. I ordered an ab circle pro and am expecting that in the next couple of days so it should be interesting to see if that works. My middle area needs a lot of work and I am really concerned that when the weight comes off I will have a lot of saggy skin. I would almost rather be overweight than have saggy skin...isn't that sad?
Old 01-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #9  

Ktbuggs~ glad it is getting better! Are the pancakes in the book? They sound good. I make a double batch of the quiche and freeze.

How old are you? The reason I ask is once before I lost over 80 lbs without any saggy skin(after 2 kids so I have lots of stretch marks~ I was 30)). I'm going to be 40 in the spring so I dont expect the perfect skin this time.

It might be much better than you think!
Old 01-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #10  

The recipe is one I found online. It is really easy to make it just takes a while to make a large batch. I will post the recipe on here for you later this evening when I have time to go get it out and type it all in.

I am almost 34 and have had two kids as well though they are well past the age where I can call any of this baby fat. My dd is 11 and my ds is 14. I lost the weight before my husband and I got married eight years ago and I was a size 8 then (I was a size 20W when I started the diet and now am into a regular size 16 again). Since we got married I have slowly crept up in weight and then a couple of health issues caused me to gain a lot of weight quickly since I was depressed about it and not able to get out to move around much. Now that all that is behind me I am ready to get back in shape and stay there.

I look forward to chatting with you as we go through this - life change - as I call it. It's not a diet, it is a new way to look at eating.

Kate
Old 01-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #11  

Cheesecake pancakes

4 large eggs
8 oz cream cheese - I use 1/3 less fat and strawberry is a good flavor for a change.
1-2 tbsp. Splenda - less with flavored cream cheese
1 tsp. cinnamon - optional with flavored cream cheese
2 tbsp. Flax seed meal

Separate egg white and yolks into separate bowls. Beat egg whites till you have stiff peaks.
Soften cream cheese in a bowl and beat till smoth. Add egg yolks, Splenda, cinnamon, and flax seed meal and blend.
Fold in the egg whites slowly till all is blended.
Warm pan to medium low heat or griddle to 250-260 and spray with non stick spray - this is important even if you are using a non stick surface.
Form 1/4 cup size pancakes and cook till golden brown - several minutes each side. Don't turn up the heat or they will burn quickly.

I use sugar free syrup and have with two slices of bacon for a great filling breakfast.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #12  

Hi KTbugg! My boys are 13 and 16. Wow we haveanother thing in common. We have both lost big before. I started regaining my lbs in 2004-2005. Thanks you so much for the pancake recipe! PMS is hitting and I actually told dh last night I sure wanted pancakes. What awesome timing!

I might not get on too much the next few days. My back is being a pita and sitting is the worst. Have a great weekend!

Last edited by thinnerbyjuly; 01-10-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #13  

Sorry about the PMS. I have recently become reaquainted with that thanks to the weight loss. I suffer from PCOS and have never been regular but I have had been absolutely regular for the last 4 months now. I never thought that I would be happy to have cramps but for now the newness is still fun.
Hope your back gets to feeling better, I started getting massage a couple of weeks ago and it has done wonders for my back. The headaches are gone and so is the numbness in my hands. The chiropractor has helped too but I have never had it get better so fast or for it to stay so well.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #14  

KTbuggs~` I'm glad the massage is working so well for you!!! I might have 2 try that. So far the chiro 3 x a week isn't cutting it. I see we have pcos in common. As long as I'm LC I am fairly regular. LOL I had to laugh to read "happy to have cramps' but I understand totally

So are you all back in the swing of MM? I keep forgetting the 5x5's. Gee I seem to have a low carb /MM hybrid going on.

Hope all is well with you!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 222.8/209.8/130

I am trying to hang in there as I am on hold with my weight. I am looking at how many calories I eat. One of the things Diane Kress (the author) mentioned is that if you eat too many calories, this could hinder your progress. I found a website from England in the daily mirror. i tried to put the link here but the site would not allow it. that had more information on the diet and she also does a blog. not sure of that site that has tips. Hope that helps

Stormgirl
Stormgirl is offline   Reply With Quote