Other Reduced Carb Diets - Metabolism miracle ~ any of you out there?

thinnerbyjuly
12-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Howdy! I'll be starting the metabolism miracle plan on 12/26. Well maybe restarting after a huge series of flops is a better description. I'm just curious if there are more of you out there on this plan and am hoping for a few buddies to receive and give support in return

Merry Christmas!

tonimaroni2
12-20-2009, 12:53 PM
I've read about this but haven't tried it. Do you know if you have to buy the book to get the information?

thinnerbyjuly
12-21-2009, 10:21 AM
I've read about this but haven't tried it. Do you know if you have to buy the book to get the information?

I really think you need the book. Especially to get a good understanding of the hows and why. It can be outs for around $11 with shipping from half dot com

Stormgirl
12-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Hi,

I have been on the program since 11/10/09 lost 14 lbs and will keep going. don't give up.

stormgirl

thinnerbyjuly
12-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Howdy Stormgirl! That is fabulous!

ktbuggs
01-05-2010, 10:59 PM
I started the diet in August and was on it till the first part of November. I lost almost 30lbs and felt great. Due to the holidays and the fact that I knew the holidays would have me working 12+ hours a day I put the diet on hold for the month and just started back up yesterday. The great part was that what Diane said about resetting your body seems to be true, I didn't gain a single pound for the month I was off the diet. I did eat better but I still wasn't great and I wasn't able to exercise at all.
I don't want to give people an excuse to go off the diet but I do want people to know that it does work like she says.
I am really looking for some people to converse with as I go back on step one again. It is so hard staying with it to start with and going through the withdraw is killing me worse this time than last time for some reason.

thinnerbyjuly
01-06-2010, 07:12 AM
Ktbuggs~ big congrats on your 30 lbs! That is so great you easily maintained during the month off! Hope withdraw gets better soon! I never reslly went through that( thank heavens). Keep in touch and we can compare notes. I see our current and goals are pretty close!

ktbuggs
01-07-2010, 05:08 PM
The withdraw is better today finally and I can feel the energy coming back...thank god. I whipped up a batch of cheesecake pancakes today so breakfast is set for the week now. They take forever to cook when you make a large batch but they are really good and five 1/4 cup size pancakes is less than 3 carbs. I can usually only eat three maybe four at a time so they are a really good way to start my day.
Getting reasy to hit the treadmill for my walk/run. I ordered an ab circle pro and am expecting that in the next couple of days so it should be interesting to see if that works. My middle area needs a lot of work and I am really concerned that when the weight comes off I will have a lot of saggy skin. I would almost rather be overweight than have saggy skin...isn't that sad?

thinnerbyjuly
01-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Ktbuggs~ glad it is getting better! Are the pancakes in the book? They sound good. I make a double batch of the quiche and freeze.

How old are you? The reason I ask is once before I lost over 80 lbs without any saggy skin(after 2 kids so I have lots of stretch marks~ I was 30)). I'm going to be 40 in the spring so I dont expect the perfect skin this time.

It might be much better than you think!

ktbuggs
01-08-2010, 05:05 PM
The recipe is one I found online. It is really easy to make it just takes a while to make a large batch. I will post the recipe on here for you later this evening when I have time to go get it out and type it all in.

I am almost 34 and have had two kids as well though they are well past the age where I can call any of this baby fat. My dd is 11 and my ds is 14. I lost the weight before my husband and I got married eight years ago and I was a size 8 then (I was a size 20W when I started the diet and now am into a regular size 16 again). Since we got married I have slowly crept up in weight and then a couple of health issues caused me to gain a lot of weight quickly since I was depressed about it and not able to get out to move around much. Now that all that is behind me I am ready to get back in shape and stay there.

I look forward to chatting with you as we go through this - life change - as I call it. It's not a diet, it is a new way to look at eating.

Kate

ktbuggs
01-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Cheesecake pancakes

4 large eggs
8 oz cream cheese - I use 1/3 less fat and strawberry is a good flavor for a change.
1-2 tbsp. Splenda - less with flavored cream cheese
1 tsp. cinnamon - optional with flavored cream cheese
2 tbsp. Flax seed meal

Separate egg white and yolks into separate bowls. Beat egg whites till you have stiff peaks.
Soften cream cheese in a bowl and beat till smoth. Add egg yolks, Splenda, cinnamon, and flax seed meal and blend.
Fold in the egg whites slowly till all is blended.
Warm pan to medium low heat or griddle to 250-260 and spray with non stick spray - this is important even if you are using a non stick surface.
Form 1/4 cup size pancakes and cook till golden brown - several minutes each side. Don't turn up the heat or they will burn quickly.

I use sugar free syrup and have with two slices of bacon for a great filling breakfast.

thinnerbyjuly
01-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Hi KTbugg! My boys are 13 and 16. Wow we haveanother thing in common. We have both lost big before. I started regaining my lbs in 2004-2005. Thanks you so much for the pancake recipe! PMS is hitting and I actually told dh last night I sure wanted pancakes. What awesome timing!

I might not get on too much the next few days. My back is being a pita and sitting is the worst. Have a great weekend!

ktbuggs
01-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Sorry about the PMS. I have recently become reaquainted with that thanks to the weight loss. I suffer from PCOS and have never been regular but I have had been absolutely regular for the last 4 months now. I never thought that I would be happy to have cramps but for now the newness is still fun.
Hope your back gets to feeling better, I started getting massage a couple of weeks ago and it has done wonders for my back. The headaches are gone and so is the numbness in my hands. The chiropractor has helped too but I have never had it get better so fast or for it to stay so well.

thinnerbyjuly
01-13-2010, 11:10 AM
KTbuggs~` I'm glad the massage is working so well for you!!! I might have 2 try that. So far the chiro 3 x a week isn't cutting it. I see we have pcos in common. As long as I'm LC I am fairly regular. LOL I had to laugh to read "happy to have cramps' but I understand totally :)

So are you all back in the swing of MM? I keep forgetting the 5x5's. Gee I seem to have a low carb /MM hybrid going on.

Hope all is well with you!

Stormgirl
01-14-2010, 10:17 AM
I am trying to hang in there as I am on hold with my weight. I am looking at how many calories I eat. One of the things Diane Kress (the author) mentioned is that if you eat too many calories, this could hinder your progress. I found a website from England in the daily mirror. i tried to put the link here but the site would not allow it. that had more information on the diet and she also does a blog. not sure of that site that has tips. Hope that helps

Stormgirl

ktbuggs
01-14-2010, 03:12 PM
I am mostly back in the swing of things. I made it through the initial week but the last three days I have had these huge cravings that are driving me batty. I eat nuts or s/f jello or have a low carb pb&j wrap to kill the hunger but 10 minutes after i eat my stomach is growling again. I don't get it and it is infuriating. I broke down and ate an orange yesterday and then had a banana with breakfast this morning. The worst one is that I ate an ice cream bar yesterday too. And the sad part was that it helped.
I wonder if my exercise routine isn't burning too many calories and my body is telling me it needs more fuel. I am doing about 3.5 miles in a run/walk combination and then do my mini stairstepper for 5-7 minutes. I also do the AB circle pro for 2-3 minutes before and after my treadmill time.

How are things going for you? I really do suggest the massage, I was hesitant to do it because of my weight and just because I thought it would be weird. But it has done wonders that the chiro never accomplished before.
With all that we have in common, do I have lost sibling my parents never mentioned...lol

Well, pray for my eating habits this weekend. The way the last couple of days have been I don't stand a chance if I can't get this under control before we go see the Cowboys - Vikings game Sunday. I have never been to a NFL game but I am pretty certain that low carb food isn't a high priority there...lol...at least til now the no-no's have been healthy, even the icream bar was a low fat ice cream.
I may be off for a few days since we are leaving tomorrow. So have a great weekend and go get that massage!

thinnerbyjuly
01-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Stormgirl~ there is a MM message board called metabolism miracle friends .com for more info. I visited there a bit. I kind of tweaked the plan with the dr as my bg was too high so I'm not doing any of the low fat stuff. Have you tracked calories just to see? I'm finding I'm between 1650 and 1800 generally.

Sometimes too low of calories can have an adverse effect too.

Ktbuggs~ ah girl I feel for you! Those cravings suck!!!!!! Sadly we have all been there. I think you are riht and maybe you do need more fuel. Have you tried a little extra fat to kill cravings???? You are really getting the exercise!!!!

Back is doing better. I can sit some (yeah!). I think I will try massage. We used to have a massage therapist and the shop and I did once get a deep tissue massage. Hurt but very effective.

LOL we do have a lot in common! Have fun at the viking game and stay strong. Hot dogs minus bun might work.

Have a great weekend both of you :)

ktbuggs
01-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Game was fun but the Cowboys lost. They deserved it with the way they played, maybe next year will be their year.
I tried to be good but the game was hard and I had what I will call one splurge since it was all in one afternoon. I had three Mike's lemonades as well as a hotdog - with the bun- and I ate some of my dh nachos:(. I am pretty sure that is why the scale was 2 lbs heavier this morning. I did 4 miles though tonight to offset that with any luck.
I emailed Diane about the fuel question and I haven't heard back. I am going to ask my doc tomorrow though since I have to have a recheck anyway.
Honestly though I have been having about one splurge a day for the last week just so that I can curb the hunger. After the game I was so full I couldn't eat til this morning and that was the first time I have felt that way in well over a week. For some reason my body just doesn't want to give up the carbs this time and that worries me. I lost so much the first time around on this and I was really looking forward to doing it again.
Thanks for the support, both my best friends try but my size 4-6 friend thinks the diet is great for getting her into her slim size 4's and she really doesn't think I need to lose weight I know she means well and it is hard to understand when you don't have to fight the weight. My other best friend thinks that i am crazy for giving up the carbs and she just doesn't get it, though she did notice and profusely comment the first time she saw me after I lost the first 30lbs.
Hope all is going well for you and I hope that if you haven't gotten the massage yet that it is at the top of your list of to do's.
Also sorry the messages are so long..I have been told I am a bit of a chatter box at times...lol

Kate

thinnerbyjuly
01-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi Kate! Glad you had fun at the game! I maybe should be shot for saying this but I don't see a thing wrong with splurging on a special occasion. As far as more fuel I'd add more protein and fat if you are comfortable with that. I don't follow MM 100% because of refusing to use low fat stuff and really lean meat. I tried but my BG went up and I was hungry.

In all honesty too I have managed to flop once a week and have an off plan meal. So far I keep losing well. Knock on wood! I better knock it off though because that luck likely won't hold. Sat nights dinner out was off plan and followed by too much bubbly ( we had a kid free night!)

Yeah, it is hard for naturally thin folks to quite "get it". Glad she tries though. Many of my friends are pudgy but have given up totally. Not much support there.

I'm kind of a chatter box to so chat away!

ktbuggs
01-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Okay so I talked with my doc about the diet. He thinks that my body just needs more fuel with the exercise that I am getting. He gave me kudos for getting this far but he says that when I wasn't exercising the diet was easier because I wasn't demanding as much, now that I am trying to start back while I am still exercising it needs the fuel.
I didn't really get into the exercise the last time till about the last three weeks and even then it was 1.5-2 miles at most. This time I am already at the 3+ miles a day and then trying to give up the fuel that has been making that possible. He recommeded that I add more protein and try to eat good carbs at supper and then cut back suring the day if I want to. Kind of like the carb loading that a runner would do before a race.
I never cut the fats from my diet last time or this time other that eating a few fat free items that I do happen to like. I guess I will add more protein, I already am adding eggs and nuts plus I eat summer sausage and natural peanut butter for snacks (not together...lol).
I guess we will see what happens. He did tell me to be sure to take my multivitamin and he said to be sure to get 800+IU of vitamin D a day.
I already knew about the vitamin D though. that was one of the health issues I was having. Ended up having to go to the University of Iowa to find out that the lethargy and weight gain was from a severe vitamin D defficiency. I had had Lyme Disease the year before that and they initially though it may have been a recurrence but then that didn't pan out and they ran some endocrine tests and found that my Vitamin D level was really low.
So I guess I will go the route of a regular old healthy eating diet plan. I know I can do this:carrot:. It was just easier when I was giving up one whole thing. Now that I need to have the carbs it will be really hard to not overindulge agian the way I have in the past.

thinnerbyjuly
01-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Oh my gosh I totally can't believe it~ you had lymes too???? raises hand. I had a bad case a few years ago that cause neuro issue. Took months and months to treat it. I had another bout that needed more antibiotics last summer.

Sounds like your Dr gave you some great advice. I bet you will do ok with it. I'd think as long as your carbs are as unprocessed as possible they should digest slowly and not make you crave hopefully. Wouldn't step 2 of MM kind of fit the bill??? To be honest I only glanced through step 2. It seems lots of people do terrific with just eating whole healthy food without counting carbs or anything. That would likely be me first choice if to many crabs didn't push my bg up with me off the meds.

You are really doing terrific with the exercise!!!! Great job!!!!! I'm hoping dh gets home soon as I'm starving! LOL

Wow I didn't know vit d could get so low it causes issues. I'll remember to keep taking it!

ktbuggs
01-20-2010, 10:02 AM
That lyme disease is a nasty one isn't it? I had the largest rash anyone in this area had ever seen, not an honor I care to repeat. The rash was so large, it covered one shoulder blade and went half way down my back, that they missed the diagnosis for a couple of months. By that time I was having pain and loss of feeling in my right arm and I was so tired I could hardly stand to get up. Thankfully they figured it out and I haven't had any problems since then. Though I do still get tenderness in the spot where the rash started. Not sure if that is ghost pain or something I will have forever.
I can't tell you how important vit. d is. I had no clue until they told me I was really low and then I started researching. I was diagnosed bi-polar before I found the vit. d defficiency but since then I have gone off my meds and am not have any problems that I can't handle. I am not saying that it cured the bi-polar but it has certainly made it less servere. I know it is supposed to make weight loss easier but I am not sure of that. I don know that no other diet had worked in the last 5 or 6 years and the first one I tried after getting my vit. d up had been working. People with low vit. d are also at higher risk for a whole slew of cancers and it can cause balance and memory issues as we, women in particular, get older.

dragonriderofpern
01-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi Thinnerbyjuly

I've just started this diet, I'm in the UK and having problems finding some of the recommended foods and have no idea what might be good substitues, but I'm willing to spend hours in the supermarket reading lables!

Good luck

knobby1
04-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Hello Everyone

I am restarting Step 1 I was successful the first time i tried it ( lost 10 lbs). But then I fell off the wagon and hit my head LOL :dizzy:

KT I was wondering if the ab circle works?

I found a lowcarb grocery store here in Canada that has some neat products
I love the pita with PB on it.

Good luck everyone and I look forward to chatting with you

Mary Ann

norcalsassy
10-25-2010, 11:00 AM
I just started is there still anyone out there

plumpchick1
01-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am new. I have been on and off this program the last two weeks. I only cheated twice Christmas dinner and New years dinner, but am back on track. I had planned the cheating and knew before I started. I thought it would be good to get on the program to get me through the holidays without gaining! And I achieved that!
I am looking for support, and love to share ideas. I read a great recipe for cauliflower pizza, just google Dr. Oz cauliflower pizza and it will pop up.
Heres to making this the year that gets us the success we are willing to work for!
:carrot:

leelee2
01-16-2011, 08:37 PM
hi plumpchick:wave:
how are you doing on this plan? it is wonderful and it works~

tego
01-20-2011, 11:04 AM
I just ordered the book and am anxiously awaiting its arrival to start.

happyhappy
01-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Hi MM ladies,
I'm new to this forum, but I was on Met Miracle a year ago and lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks. Got sidetracked by life yet again but am starting again tomorrow. Have another 60 to go. Wish everyone luck!!

tego
01-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Hi MM ladies,
I'm new to this forum, but I was on Met Miracle a year ago and lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks. Got sidetracked by life yet again but am starting again tomorrow. Have another 60 to go. Wish everyone luck!!

I am starting Feb 1. It will take a year to lose all I need to lose. I hope it is only a year.:)
Best of luck to us both... I am sure we will be supporting each other here.

happyhappy
01-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Hi Tego,

Hope you like MM, I do. You probably know this already but at the metabolism miracle website there is a blog by the author that is really helpful, particularly the listing of products on June 7, 2009. I especially like having the ghirardelli chocolate square as a 5x5 with dinner.

tego
01-28-2011, 07:58 AM
Hi Tego,

Hope you like MM, I do. You probably know this already but at the metabolism miracle website there is a blog by the author that is really helpful, particularly the listing of products on June 7, 2009. I especially like having the ghirardelli chocolate square as a 5x5 with dinner.

Hiya, HappyHappy. I did know about the blog but I wasn't aware of the of product listing. I will definitely bookmark the page. When you eat that chocolate square, doesn't it make you want another one? Or is the craving already gone for you?

I have been staring at a recipe for rum chocolate mousse in my old Joy of Cooking for a month now, and I am going to make it today so I can eat it before feb 1. I am really going to miss stuff like that, not that I make chocolate mousse very often, like never, yet. But the idea that I can never eat it again..... at least not for years. Kinda makes me sad, but if I lose weight on MM I guess I won't care so much-- I will have my life back.

Guess I am addicted.

tego
01-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Hi Tego,

Funny I just went to the 2009 MM blog and it was cut off at June 24th, nothing below that date, just white space. Is it my computer or is it the blog?:?:

happyhappy
01-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi tego,
It must have been a temporary glitch cause I just checked it and i was able to scroll down to it. The chocolate square is the 60% dark chocolate one and that doesn't really make be crave more. Definitely milk chocolate would. I remember when I did MM last year we were allowed two slip ups before we had to start over, so I guess you could squeeze in your mousse every now and then as a slip up!!

happyhappy
01-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Forgot to add -- that was two slip ups a week before we had to start over

tego
01-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Hi, HH,
The June 24 , 2009 Metabolism Miracle blog entry is still the last one I can see. Must be my computer.

Re: 2 slip-ups a week....Well, that is a comfort. I hope I have good will power, though. I just went shopping with a list made from the recipes and advice from the MM book. I wonder why she advocates the use of light mayonnaise, for example, when they replace the fat with carbohydrates to make it creamy, like corn starch. I wonder why the author doesn't just tell us to eat half a serving of the regular mayo, instead. Same for lite half- and -half, other dairy products, etc. Is there anywhere I can ask her a question like that?

happyhappy
01-28-2011, 07:16 PM
I think she wants us to stay away from high fat items. I hate "lite" products and tend to stay away from them and do like you said -- just use less. I still lost weight. There is a lot of information at metabolism miracle friends. If you search that, it should turn up.

tego
01-30-2011, 05:00 PM
I think she wants us to stay away from high fat items. I hate "lite" products and tend to stay away from them and do like you said -- just use less. I still lost weight. There is a lot of information at metabolism miracle friends. If you search that, it should turn up.

Thanks, HH. i will check out the friends site.

Countdown to Feb 1. I bought the groceries, I made the potato-less miracle soup out of cauliflower and low-fat cheese, it tasted good. Also made the rum chocolate mousse out of Joy of Cooking and it is in the fridge for a last chocolate high. Got my 5-net carb tortillas. All that stuff. I got outside. Yesterday and today it was warm enough to go XC skiing in a friend's field, so I got some sunshine and a half hour daily of exercise with the dog along as a bonus. I am ready.

happyhappy
01-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Good luck Tego! Two recipes I find very helpful on MM -- wonder bun and quickie chocolate muffin. Both can be found at metabolism miracle friends and probably a lot of other places too.

tego
02-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Good luck Tego! Two recipes I find very helpful on MM -- wonder bun and quickie chocolate muffin. Both can be found at metabolism miracle friends and probably a lot of other places too.

Thanks for this heads up, will look into them both. Ate some of Potato-less miracle soup today ( Cauliflower and cheese soup) and it was good, esp. when it is hot and I am hungry. Nice to have the snow falling soft and steady all day on my first day of Phase 1. Not too bad yet, but the cravings will get really bad closer to bedtime, as they always do. But i am prepared.:carrot:

Snow storm will cancel out Zumba class tonight but i will Netflix stream an exercise video and do it in the privacy and comfort of my living room, the sooner the better.

How are you doing with MM these days?
From tego

tego
02-02-2011, 08:17 PM
So far so good. No huge cravings. Tomorrow I have my personal fat content checked .

tego
02-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Headache and craving. Ibuprofen and low-carb tortilla wrap. Zumba stasera.
I'm tired. I must have finally run out of glycogen.:cool:

tego
02-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Woke up with headache. Ibuprofen. A little tired and shaky , especially near late afternoon. Looking forward to doing nothing tonight. Stuck to the plan. Despite some cravings. I even think about smoking a cigarette, which I quit years ago, but I did not. Who can afford them anyway? I am just glad it is starting, I mean the switch over to burning fat for the first time in 58 years.:p

tego
02-04-2011, 05:54 PM
So far so good. No huge cravings. Tomorrow I have my personal fat content checked .

45% fat. Golly.;)

tego
02-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Flu-like symptoms.:mad:

tego
02-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Flu-like symptoms.:mad:

:devil:

I looked at the can of Slim Fast protein shake ingredients and realized I HAD NOT bought the low-carb variety and had guzzled three cans of 25-net-carb corn syrup-sweetened stuff in two days:dizzy:. That is probably why I felt sick.

tego
02-07-2011, 11:11 AM
I am talking to myself in this forum.

TowTruckWife
03-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Hello! Are you still following MM? My hubby and I will be starting Wednesday of this week. I used to be a calorie counter,but that caused me to be on the weight gain/loss rollercoaster.

madismomma
05-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I am following the MM and I am on my 9th day! I feel great!!!!

Pickle27
08-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Is anyone still doing this? I started it last year and lost 26lbs but then I hurt my back and was off work for 3 weeks and I fell off the plan. The infuriating thing is I maintained my weight for a good 3 months before it started to creep back on. I started trying to lose weight again last week but becasue we have so much fresh fruit in our garden at the moment I am doing low GI. When it's all out of season I am going to start this plan again as I know it works and I know it works well!

puneri
08-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Can you pl explain what metabolism miracle is. Thanks

Pickle27
08-30-2011, 04:07 AM
The theory behind it is that there are 2 types of metabloism - A and B. People with type A deal with carbohydrates normally. When they diet they can lose weight easily by following decreased calories in minus increased calories out = weight loss. For people with metabolism B they respond to carbs differently and in a sense carbs actually make them put on weight even if their calorie expenditure is greater than their calorie intake. For all those people who find it almost impossible to lose weight no matter how careful they are with their meals and how much exercise they do it is likely they have metabolism B. It's a bit hard to explain but when I first read the book it was like it had been written about me!:)

It goes in 3 phases. 1st phase is elimination of carbs for a maximum of 8 weeks only. 2nd phase you start to reintroduce carbs but in a specific order. You do this phase for as long as is needed to reach your goal weight the final phase is the maintenance phase where you introduce even more carbs but by now your body can deal with them provided you don't go overboard with them because you have reset how your body works and responds to carbs in the 1st two phases.

If you google Dianne Kress you'll find lots of info about it. Hope this helps.:)

Pickle27
08-30-2011, 04:11 AM
Well, the plums in my garden have finished so it's Day 1 for me. I'm out for lunch today so I'm making a packed lunch of salad wit olives and cheese (forgot to buy feta so it's a twist on a greek salad!) with some seasoned nuts as a mid morning snack. Dinner will be baked fish with seasonal veg and breaqkfast was scrambled egg with cooked tomatoes and mushrooms :)

Am I alone on this thread or is anyone else doing MM at the moment? Would be nice to have some company if you're out there!!!:hug:

MMNewbie
09-18-2011, 12:54 PM
hi Pickle. I am starting the MM tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous about whether or not I will feel full without eating the carbs but definitely looking forward to some results! :carrot:

lulu3
09-27-2011, 09:13 AM
I have been on MM for 6 days and really do feel a lot better. What I am completely amazed at is I have no craving for sweets!!! Major accomplishment for me. I actually made my family a fresh apple cake with pecan butter glaze, and was ok while I watched them eat it!!! I sat in amazement, but I really could have cared less about eating the cake!! So it is working!! But sometimes I feel like I am eating too many fat grams.....I guess it is a new way of eating/thinking and I have to get used to it!

anyone out there on Metabolism Miracle????

descartesmum
01-06-2012, 01:12 PM
You aren't alone. Plus, I'm in England too.

I'm starting on Monday and can't wait. It looks like an easy way to eat for this vegetarian and diabetic.

suzanne627
01-06-2012, 01:27 PM
I started MM on Dec. 28. Today is Day 10. I'm so happy not to be hungry. I was never a sugar or carb eater, but portion control is a big issue for me.

Hoping to talk with others on MM here.

dar77
01-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi

I started it a week ago. I'm not suppose to weigh myself and I did. No weight loss ! I'm a typical Met B that is described in Diane Kress book. Did this happen to any of you?

Darlene

suzanne627
01-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi dar77,

I haven't weighed yet. The temptation is strong! I have a balance scale and have stood on it set at my starting weight. The beam goes down with a resounding clunk. I don't consider that to be weighing myself, but it is a good sign.

dar77
01-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I hope my posts go through. They may be repeated. I have been on Met Miracle for a week. I know I wasn't suppose to weigh myself but I did and didn't lose a lb. I am a typical Met B person. Pre diabetic. Need to lose 20lbs. Did any of you have a hard time losing initially ? I looked for that website metabolismmirraclefriends.com and couldn't find it. Do any of you use that forrum. If so could you please tell me the correct website.

I hope I can start communicating with you all. I'm very discouraged right now..

windie987
01-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Hey everyone! I'm new to this site, so I still have to get my profile and everything situated, but first thing I just wanted to let y'all know that the metabolism miracle friends website has moved to Miracleville.com. Everything is over there: recipes, blogs by Diane Kress, videos and tips etc.

I'm on the second day of the diet and feel pretty crummy...achy, light headed, etc. The book says to expect this, but that by the end of the week I'll start feeling better. Is that true?! Right now that just seems overly optimistic lol :) Has anybody else gone from feeling the carb withdrawal symptoms in the beginning to lots of energy/no cravings after the first couple of days?

deetermined2
01-14-2012, 11:36 AM
I went to the web site listed above to check it out. I was extremely annoyed to discover they wanted to charge me money, which they forgot to mention on the screen where they secured my email address. WATCH OUT!

They only mention this on the screen where you set up a profile.

Lamaxwell1961
01-20-2012, 02:42 PM
I am on week 4 of this diet. I lost 10 pound the fist week but nothing since then, but from all I have read this is normal that is why they tell you to wait 8 weeks to weigh. I am too tied to my scale so I am not going to weigh again until the 8 weeks are up.

I am pleasantly surprised how easy this is to stick to and that all my cravings have gone away.

angelique1
02-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Hi,
I just started MM.
I was on Dukan for the last 3 weeks and it didn't do any losses for me. I was so bummed out cuz my friends have lost heaps and then I found MM.
This is my first week. Already I have lost 0.5kg! I'm going to try and not weigh in til next week, but i feel better and think this will work.

jab91864
09-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Just bumping up the thread and hoping to find somebody is still doing this plan...lol.

Dee74
09-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Bumping this thread as getting started to for diabetes.

bettyboop56
09-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Hello Everyone

I am restarting Step 1 I was successful the first time i tried it ( lost 10 lbs). But then I fell off the wagon and hit my head LOL :dizzy:

KT I was wondering if the ab circle works?

I found a lowcarb grocery store here in Canada that has some neat products
I love the pita with PB on it.

Good luck everyone and I look forward to chatting with you

Mary Ann

Knobby1 I wasnt ask but wanted to say I had an Ab circle pro and I loved it , but then I had a knee replacement and could not use it anymore. I really hated to give it up

browneyes0124
11-05-2012, 11:57 AM
where do you get flax seed meal?
im also having trouble finding low carb bread and light cream

KayCe234
01-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Hey All

Just signed up for this site and started the Miracle Metabolism diet yesterday. I'm definitely someone who needs support and I love the online message boards so I'm so glad I found you. I found the book had me listed to a T and I'm hoping this works. I've done somersizing in the past and did great - actually lost about 15lbs from August to November working it but found it just doesn't suit my lifestyle any longer. I'm loving being able to have a simple wrap for lunch and it's only been a day!

kelley87
01-13-2013, 06:15 PM
browneyes do you have a trader joes near you? they sell lots of organic food and they def have flax seed meal and low carb "sprout" bread which is really good! wht step are you on??

KayCe how is the MM going for you so far? Ive been on step 2 for like a month and a half and it is going great for me!! up to date ive lost about 25 lbs! and my fiancee has lost 26 lbs:)

rxmb
01-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Hello!

My name is Michelle and I just turned 30 (jan3). I started the program on Jan 7, ( currently on step 1) and so far I think I'm doing ok. I've lost about 3 pounds but my hubby says he see an improvement in my thighs and arms. Surprisingly I haven't had too many cravings, which was unexpected b/c I was such a carb lover. I did go thru what I thought was withdrawal on the 6th day of week 1 (headaches and very short temper.....shorter than usual at least LoL!) but I drank some aleve and extra water and the next day I was good as new. I'm also amazed at how easy it is to follow compared to other diets I've done. I have a few questions if anyone is willing to answer:

1. Can I use truvia? I find it has less of an aftertaste than splenda and I like using it to sweeten my tea, but I saw that it has 3g carbs!!!?? Please advise

2. I found a lowcarb hummus (2g/serving= 2tbls) but Is hummus allowed in step one? I remember that Diane recommends tahini paste (which is in hummus) but I'm not sure about the garbanzo

3. Love the recipes! Variety is the spice of life!

Thanks ladies and gents! I really feel good about this plan, and knowing that I have support from this forum is wonderful! I lookforward to reading more of your stories and reporting my progress as well!

Elizabeth779
01-28-2013, 03:30 AM
KTBUGGS -- thank you for the pancake recipe!

Jessica25m
03-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Hey are you still following the diet?? I am new here starting mm tomorrow could really use some tips

zengirl
05-11-2013, 02:10 PM
I want to start the Metabolic Miracle diet soon & looking for support for my spiritual journey to weight loss. Any takers?

Maurene
05-13-2013, 11:55 AM
I started Diabetes Miracle (DM) today after reading it the book for the past 2 weeks (and purging my pantry). DM and Metabolism Miracle seem to be the same - just that DM is the author's latest book.

I did sign-up for a month of miracle-ville. And, I think I've already gotten my $4.80 worth (I think that wsa the cost of 1 month membership). But, the forums there don't quite feel like home to me yet.

auntnelly
06-03-2013, 03:27 PM
I Am sorry I didn't see all of you had started the MM plan. I have been on it since Aug 2012, and would love to discuss it together!
I have also been on miracle-ville since around Nov, the forum is confusing at first, and not the greatest, but it works.

I am here, just didn't get back here since I never got emails saying there was any new posts, try me again, I'm here.

lindaj5
07-21-2013, 12:11 PM
I have been following MM off and on for about 3 years now. I seem to get through phase 1 and fall back into my old ways. I will say that some life changing events (a layoff) set me off track and right now I am really trying to get myself back in gear.
I am a member of the Metabolism Miracle website :)

belief
02-16-2014, 12:13 PM
i was on the MM diet for a while.

i have reactive hypoglycemia and this diet is so perfect for me! i feel great, have tons and tons of physical energy, and am more motivated about work and life.

but since i am such a carb addict, i find myself craving more carbs than is allowed. i really really want to cheat. and when i cheat i gain back what i lost.

today i am starting the slow carb diet to lose some weight, and once i reach my goal i will go back to a modified MM diet.

seriously, for me and the way my system is (reactive hypoglycemia) when i do MM, i will not rest from the moment i wake up to the momen my head hits the pillow. and not in a crazy "speedy" way, more of a constant flow of energy and motivation to get things done.

cooppromo
02-25-2014, 10:35 AM
I've been reading the book and it does sound just like my experience with losing weight...I guess I will join that other website to try and get a good understanding of exactly what I can eat and maybe an example of someone's daily eating / exercising routine. I go to the gym 5x a week and do cardio - treadmill or elliptical - for 40 minutes and strength training but my weight has not budged so I've been reading and from what I can tell I've probably slowed my metabolism way down by not eating enough calories and then caving in and bingeing 2-3 x a week. Hopefully this plan will help me start losing . Never could find a place in the book that tells you how many calories you should eat a day if you are fairly active. I'm 49 yrs old and in fairly good health which is such a blessing from the Lord - but I know with my weight being 205 lbs on a 5'1 frame it will not stay that way. I'm already experiencing alot of fatigue and aches and pains starting so I look forward to coming to this message board and "meeting" the rest of you :hug:
CC