South Beach Diet - Hunger... or lack there of

View Full Version : Hunger... or lack there of

Feral
12-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi Beachers,

Silly question for you. I previously did WW and tended to snack throughout the day. I've found that in my first week of SBD, I haven't really been as hungry. I eat 3 square meals but maybe only have one snack vs. multiple snacks throughout the day. Not that this is a bad thing.

I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this?

jazzang
12-20-2009, 12:29 AM
copied over from where you asked this in the 20's forum:

Feral - The same thing happened to me. You are supposed to eat until you're full, and the idea is that you should never really be HUNGRY... ever. I seriously have to set myself an alarm to remember to eat snacks and lunch. Otherwise I just go about my day and before I know it I'm starving and its 4 pm when i was supposed to have lunch at 1. Since you are eating such high quality foods, they give you the full feeling for a long time. Its pretty awesome if you think about it. I find that they make you feel really GOOD too.... just in the all-around sense. But yeah, make sure sure are sticking to the schedule and eating 6 times, regardless of if you feel hungry or not. The idea is to kick your metabolism up so that you're digesting food practically all the time.

TwynnB
12-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Welcome to south beach diet! Isn't it great!

(meaning: yes, that's part of the joys of the diet!)

Heidi58
12-20-2009, 08:34 AM
That's how it is for me too, Feral.
Sure makes things easier this time of year with all the holiday treats around, eh? :)

Feral
12-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Sure does!!!! No crazy sugar cravings! Thank God. Especially since I work at a school and I came home with SO much candy/baked goodies. I gave them to my parents. I did want some of the candy the other day, not because I was craving the sweet but just because I wanted them. The European chocolates were daunting!!!! Thank you creator of the fudgesicle!!!!

Thanks for the responses. Isn't it sad that when we're making a life style change (diet implies coming OFF of it says my therapist) that we think we SHOULD be hungry???

SBD is GREAT!

jazzang
12-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I believe in south beach diet as the best one as far as making a real lifestyle change. Its the only "diet" i've found that is based on principles you can really live with for the rest of your life!