Old 12-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #1  
Happy in LA!

S/C/G: 244/224/170

Height: 5'7

Default Going Home!!!!

Im going home. It is time to leave Seattle and get back to Los Angeles. I love the northwest but the time has come for me to get back to reality and back home to the people I love. Its a bittersweet parting. I've changed so much in the 5 months I've been here that im afraid I will go back to the old me, which wasnt bad, i just feel i was incomplete.

Anyhoo, i'll be packing up the car and driving back to So Cal on new years day!! This extremely motivating because i will be seeing people I havent seen in months! That means I need to kick this thing into over drive so a.) I can look my best for new years b.) to meet my new years challenge and c.) surprise my friends and family.

i will miss this beautiful city but i know now that going home is the best thing to do. i've explored all of my options of staying in seattle but all signs point south. furthermore, my father just had a mild heart attack this week and was diagnosed with cardio myopathy, the same disease (along with congestive heart failure) that is taking a toll on my mother. my parents are both under the age of 44. poor eating habits and NO exercise has led them down this path. for the most part, i turned my eating habits around about a year ago. nothing fried, nothing overly processed, no meat. veggies, fruits, LF dairy, and whole grains (though i do have a ravenous sweet tooth). they call me a hippie now. long story short, i feel like i can really help my parents and siblings get healthier. its either that or i watch them all slowly die one by one.

so thats what's going on with me. big things are happening in the next two weeks and IM PUMPED! i weigh in monday to see if I've lost any weight this week. fingers crossed!!!
calisa86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #2  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Awesome. A totally empowering feeling, I'm sure.

Just be careful and remember to always have a grip on yourself first..... if you don't, helping people can just drag you down. And if that happens, you can't help anyone!

Quite often, if your loved ones see how well you're doing, and how healthy you are... they'll become interested enough to think about it more, and possibly become involved. My family sure is!

Last edited by starfishkitty; 12-19-2009 at 11:44 AM.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote