Old 12-19-2009, 01:13 AM   #1  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Default Ugh, party.

I ate way, way, way off plan tonight. Hanukkah party at a friend's house, so lots of fried latkes and other fried things and desserts. I don't drink much so I only had a small glass of champagne, but good gosh, I ate a lot of bad stuff I haven't even thought about since I started this journey. Oh, the calories!!!

I'm not worried, though, but I'm sure I'll pay for this on the scale tomorrow (and the next day no doubt). Back on plan in the morning!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:44 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Those fried latkes are scary stuff. I made a vow not to touch them this year. At the one party that I went to the latkes there looked terrible. I think they were made ahead of time and frozen and then reheated. Luckily for me they looked very unappealing and I was more then able to keep to my vow.

At home for my family I made baked zucchini latkes and baked sweet potato latkes.

This was one night and in the scope of your journey this is one tiny mis-step. Whatever weight you put on, you'll have off in a matter of days. CC, I'm sure you're already right back on plan. That's the most important thing - what you do IMMEDIATELY have a miscue. Drink lots of water, stay firmly on plan, add in some extra exercise and this will be long forgotten.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:34 AM   #3  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

I sympathize. Latkes are so very hard for me to resist. But I do believe it's less about the occasional wipe-out at the buffet table than it is about recovering from the wipe-out, and getting right back on track, which is what you are doing, so you'll be fine.
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Latkes aren't so bad if they're small...and only one. I like mine with ketchup, not applesauce. They're more like a hash brown with onions to me, and that deserves ketchup.

We played down the food aspect of Hanukkah this year and focused on the lights. I miss the lights! They're so pretty. But I don't miss the food.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #5  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
At home for my family I made baked zucchini latkes and baked sweet potato latkes.

Robin, can you give us the recipe for your baked zucchini latkes and baked sweet potato latkes?

I've been to two parties in the last two days. I feel like a slug!! I'm fasting until Christmas where I'm cooking at home, so I can monitor the calories.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #6  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Thanks all! And I'd love to know how you make your baked latkes too, Robin!

Eliana, these puppies were HUGE and I had the sour cream and I ate several.

I'm back on plan today and I feel none of that "I screwed up, so I might as well eat what I want" feeling. So I have no doubt that was a one-off slip up. The scale was up 1.2 pounds and I actually feel like I have a hangover complete with headache despite only having one mini-drink. That'll teach me!

Hope you all have a terrific latke-free on plan day!

Last edited by CLCSC145; 12-19-2009 at 12:54 PM.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 385/385/230

Height: 6"1

At least you know what you did and you are ready to get back on track! I have a problem when I get off track I don't get back on. But it hasn't happened yet. Thank godness!!
Kady1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #8  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

CLCSC145 you have to see it as one-time mistake... you know why you wandered off track, and you know how it happened. Now don't let it happen again, or only eat a small one, with applesauce not sour cream :P

I didn't know how I was going to be able to behave over the holidays, so I found some really bad "fat pictures" of myself and saved them into my mobile phone, so that when I feel hungry I can just take a look and remind myself of why I need to go for the veggie plate and not the shrimp dip.

And yes, Robin if you could give out the recipe for baked latkes, it'd be great!
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sweet potato latkes

2 very large sweet potatoes, shredded in a food processor. Squeeze out the liquid as best as possilbe
3 - 4 egg whites (I can't remember)
3/4 tsp cinnamon (or there abouts)
1/4 tsp black pepper
Splenda to taste, I used probably less than 1/4 cup
about 1/4 flour

Mix everything together. Spray a roasting sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Form into patties. I think I got about 13. Place on roasting sheet. Spray the patties with cooking spray. Place in a heat 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the bottom is set. Use a spatula and carefully turn them over; spray again with the cooking spray. Bake until they start to brown a little. Maybe another 10 minutes.

Zucchini latkes

I used-
4 medium zucchini, shredded in the food processor and then squeeze out the liquid
1 small onion, shredded in the food processor
3 or 4 egg whites, I can't remember
salt, pepper, onion powder to taste
about 1/4 cup of flour

Use the same baking method as for the Sweet potato latkes.

Enjoy!

Oh and we eat these all year round. They're yummy.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #10  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

C.C. you're doing well that you got right back on plan today. Don't let any sodium weight get you down; it will come off!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote