Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/282/250

Height: 5'7"

Default Feelin Blah..

So yep Im feeling blah this evening and I have even ate things I shouldnt have..a pinch here and a snack there..of bad things..Not to mention my husband brought a lovely pineapple and walnut cheesball home from a dinner at his work
So Im setting here thinking..does anyone else ever feel this way like...I have lost this amount of weight but when you look at yourself in the mirror you cant really see the change?? Am I the only one that does this? Like the scales are lying to me..In a bad way..Like its not true I have lost X amount of pounds because when I look at myself I cant tell
Stylist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:28 PM   #2  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

You're preaching to the choir, lol. There are days where I'm convinced I haven't lost a single pound and the scale must be broken because I still clearly weigh 300+ lbs. It those mental barriers that make losing weight so darn difficult. To get out of the funk I try to focus on the changes I can see (like my wrists are a lot smaller than they used to be, and for the first time since high school I can wrap my thumb and index fingers around my wrists and they touch). Also, I just started taking progress pictures of myself and it's been really helpful to compare the before shot to the current pictures.

Just know that we all have those days where we slip into the dark scary place, but it will get better. We all slip up now and then, it's ok because nobody's perfect. You've lost over 50lbs and that is incredible!!!! Be proud of all you have accomplished & stay strong!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I agree that you have a lot to be proud of! Keep in mind all the hard work you do, and it's probably a good idea to start doing pictures- I should do this too, I have plenty of days that I just feel like it's all been for nothing... maybe taking monthly pics will help?
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:34 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well for me it took about 50 pounds down to see a loss, and I was a bit lighter than you, and even then it was barely noticeable. I needed pictures to show me. But I knew if I stuck with my plan, that no matter what it would eventually show up.

I'm also thinking that you're probably your own worst critic and that most likely there IS a difference. Pictures are a great way to assess progress.

You've got to hang tight and know that a change is coming. It takes time though.

You can't lose 100 lbs until you've lost one pound. You've got to start somewhere. You chip away and chip away at those numbers one pound at a time. And you've chipped away quite a bit already! You've done MARVELOUSLY. Just fantastic so far. Don't let these thoughts sabotage your efforts. You are too smart for that!

So please don't be "blah", be excited because you know that you're in the process of transforming your life and nothing could be more exciting!
When those changes do come and you do start to notice - OMG - hold on for dear life, because those rewards will start showing themselves big time. And it's thrilling and exciting and FUN.

Keep up the great work!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

i am also of the school of taking pictures. The scale also seems irrelevant to me as well. I can not judge how far I have come using just numbers. I have to SEE it. progress pics are a huge help to me.

Another way to make the scale relevant...is to take something that weighs about the same amt as the weight I have lost. 24 lbs. And take it on the scale with me. When I see it pushes my weight with that heavy thing up to the same numbers the scale USED to give me, I realize I REALLY DID DO something.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote