South Beach Diet - Ricotta cheese

View Full Version : Ricotta cheese

Fat Melanie
12-17-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm developing a sort of recipe for tomorrow, and after it's cooked and I've eaten it and determined how good it is (and adjust the recipe accordingly) I will post. I am looking into making a chicken-parmesany-ricotta-tomato sauce bake... with broccoli, maybe spinach too. Does it kinda sound weird? It'll all be cohesive by tomorrow.

I just decided that ricotta cheese has such a natural sweetness on its own, so I'm sitting here eating my ricotta dessert, only without sweetener or flavorings. Just ricotta on its own. And it's really good. I have always loved ricotta, when I used to make lasagna growing up for my dad, I would always take a spoon and eat some ricotta before mixing it with the other stuff.

Is it okay to forgo the sweetener and flavoring of the 'dessert'? I don't really miss a dessert, I am more of a savory flavor type (although I have been known to gorge on my own fair share of sugary crap, too!) I think this ricotta will be satisfying enough for me without adding the other stuff?

tomandkara
12-18-2009, 03:13 AM
Of course you don't have to add anything to the ricotta. You can have green pepper sticks for dessert if you want. :)

cottagebythesea
12-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Melanie, as long as you are getting all your veggies, protein, dairy, and fruit in each day, there is no set schedule in how or when you have to eat them. So go ahead and enjoy your ricotta guilt-free. :)