Old 12-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #1  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Recipe #2: Basic Stir-Fry, or, "Everything Tastes Better With White Pepper"

I got home yesterday and was appalled at the lack of vegetable dishes my parents were preparing... and found NO salad ingredients... so I made this today out of the two remaining veggies in our fridge just to survive dinner (haha) and I think I've won a convert in my nine-year-old little brother! Yay

Stir-fry Onion and Chives

Ingredients:
- 1 large bundle green chives (about a pound)
- 1 large sweet onion, I used a white onion but red should work
- Canola (or other light) oil
- Water (haha)
- Salt
- Ground white pepper! (Ours was from a Chinese grocery) -- or black pepper is theoretically acceptable too...
- Optional: small handful diced fresh parsley, small handful diced green onion (leaf), garlic powder, chicken bullion (powder)

Directions: (About 15 minutes)
- Wash/clean both chives and onion, slice/dice into 1 -inch to 1 1/2 inch lengths.
- Heat 2 tsps of canola oil in a wok turned to high
- Toss in onion for about 30 seconds, then add chives -- add salt immediately
- when they seem lightly browned (another 30 seconds) add about 1/3 to 1/2 cup water to cover the bottom of the pan, turn fire to low
- Add bullion, any more salt, and ground white pepper, tasting constantly
- Add finely chopped parsely or green onion at the end.

The zesty tang of chives played against the sweetness of cooked onion nicely, but let's be honest: this dish is nothing without the AMAZINGNESS of white pepper. So excited about this!
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:08 AM   #2  
Wandervogel

S/C/G: 241/214.5/150

Height: 5'4

WOW, that sounds absolutely heavenly! I bet it's great with chicken breast and the clean flavor of goat cheese... I will ABSOLUTELY be trying this!
Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

Sounds good, but I can just imagine myself crying cutting all these onions and chives !! :P
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote