Exercise! - My awsome Christmas gift!!

View Full Version : My awsome Christmas gift!!

horrorchick
12-17-2009, 07:59 PM
I found out today that my boyfriend ordered me a weighted hula hoop for Christmas!! WHOO HOO!!! :cb: I have been wanting one of these since I hooped with one at Curves. I can not wait for this to arrive!!!! Has anyone else had any luck with these?

LookingForMeAgain
12-17-2009, 08:07 PM
My dh and I made some but I wasnt impressed they left me bruised. Im glad we made ours instead of buying them since we made 2 weighted ones and one plain for DS for about $30

luckymommy
12-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Actually, I do have one. It's hard to tell how much they help, but I do think they're great. They're also quiet, so I can do them in my room before I go to sleep and not bother anyone. ;) Yes, they can leave you feeling bruised, but that's why it's really important to start slow and work your way up. I would start with about 3 minutes and work your way up. I wouldn't go much beyond 8 minutes, twice a day, but I know some people do. I think everything should be in moderation. :) I hope you enjoy it! It IS a great gift! :)

horrorchick
12-18-2009, 09:01 AM
I used them alot at curves and did notice some bruising, but I also noticed my back muscles getting stronger. I was in a bad car wreck several years ago and it left me with a weak back. My back didn't seem to go out as much when I was doing the hoop. Off topic... is that your basset luckymommy for your avatar? I have one named Stubbert, he will be 2 in a few weeks.