Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #1  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Another Newbie Hello

Hello all . . . My name is Erin, just joined up today and after browsing around for a little bit I can see this is clearly the best support system I have come across.

My motivation is simple really, Im a new Mom, starting out late in life some may say (Turning 31 in the year to come) and I want to be able to lead by example for my 10 month old son. I want him to be happy, healthy and active and I can't teach him those things if Im not those things.

Im looking forward to the journey, there seems to be so much motivation in this forum that Im already excited!

Cheers
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'9

welcome I am glad that you found us!! and being a mom is a great motivation for getting healthier. Good luck I hope to see you around the boards
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:51 AM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Erin!
What an exciting time for you and your precious son - sounds like you're on your way to a healthier you - the support you need is here!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help choose the right ones for you and get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:32 AM   #4  
Hopeless but harmless

Height: 5'5"

Hello Erin, welcome and you are right... this is probably the best and least *****y site around.
Congratulations on your new son. My mum was 30 when she had me. It was almost 60 years ago and back then she was considered almost a geriatric!
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:00 AM   #6  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky View Post
Hello Erin, welcome and you are right... this is probably the best and least *****y site around.
Congratulations on your new son. My mum was 30 when she had me. It was almost 60 years ago and back then she was considered almost a geriatric!
A lot of people I went to school with are surprised I waited this long, but I've lived in 2 countries, travelled across Canada and the USA and done a lot of things while they have stayed in the same place . . . so to each their own.

Im already loving this forum, seems no matter what is giving me frustration at the moment I can find some one else that is dealing with it or dealt with it and that's a huge help! And everyone is so friendly . . . love that

Cheers

Last edited by Coondocks; 12-18-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:07 PM   #7  
Starting again.

S/C/G: 263/217/145

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome and good luck!
Stace is offline   Reply With Quote