General chatter - Whatchu guys want for christmas?

View Full Version : Whatchu guys want for christmas?

pliem2009
12-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Share what you guys want for christmas....

I want a wacom intuos 4 tablet...that's pretty much the only thing that I want...

.....ok I lied, I want a new phone too but it's only availiable in Korea :/ It's such a cool phone though, it's a slide phone with tempered glass underneath and you can see right through it and you can't see the wires and chips and stuff like that. It's just AMAZING!!!!

if you guys are curious about it it's called Cyon Crystal.
I would put the link but I can't teehehehe

beerab
12-16-2009, 04:41 PM
I want a gowearfit and that's what I'm getting- YAY!! :D

mayness
12-16-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm getting a Motorola Droid on January 2nd (or at least I'm ordering it that day). That's the gift I'm most excited about. :D

I asked my mom and grandparents for a bunch of kitchen tools... a good chef's knife, a muffin tin and pie plates, garlic press, silicone baking mat, and a few other things.

Other than that, to be perfectly honest, I'm hoping for cash and gift cards for clothing stores... so that I can buy a new wardrobe when I get to my goal weight. :)

kittycat40
12-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Mayness, why jan 2? I am considering the droid also. Is there something I should know?
Sorry to hijack thread but another q on droid- I have read that the only way to end a call is on the screen, that there is no quickie push button.. Any input is so greatly appreciated!!

And, I want a tummy tuck but it is S$O$O$ not happening ;)

mayness
12-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Mayness, why jan 2? I am considering the droid also. Is there something I should know?
Sorry to hijack thread but another q on droid- I have read that the only way to end a call is on the screen, that there is no quickie push button.. Any input is so greatly appreciated!!

Jan 2nd is just when I'm eligible to upgrade at the 2 year price ($200 versus something like $600 if I had to pay retail).

My husband has one, and while I've used it for many hours, I've only used it as a phone once, lol... so I'm not sure how many ways there are to end a call. The phone only has 4 "buttons" (besides the on/off/lock and volume buttons on the sides) if you're not counting the keyboard... and you can't actually feel them, they're just flat, so you have to look at them anyway until you memorize where they are... so even if one of them ends calls, it wouldn't be any easier than just looking at the screen.

nelie
12-17-2009, 11:07 AM
I hope I get nothing :) I got a Bodybugg yesterday and it is pretty fun so far. I guess it is pretty close to Christmas that I can count it as a Christmas gift?!

ICUwishing
12-17-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm such a scrooge, :lol:. I want ... zero gifts. I have all the "stuff" I could ever want. My dream Christmas involves my consumer-driven family each donating the amount of money they pour into my gifts to either the Nature Conservancy, Salvation Army, or Forgotten Harvest. All of my current "wants" involve non-material things - love, time, sleep ... etc.

stargzr
12-17-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm also in the 'I want nothing' boat. People have been asking and all I could really think of was for them to enter me in my first 5K... weird, I know...

cabinwife
12-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Oooh I would love to get a kindle, not sure if it will happen though. I love to read and the thought of not having to get out to buy a book is amazing!

Thighs Be Gone
12-17-2009, 01:15 PM
bicycle and a juicer...

add to the bicycle a helmet and lock--I plan to ride it around town!!!

lizziep
12-17-2009, 02:15 PM
jewelry! I have stretched ears and i could use a trip to the shop to get some new earrings.

i am really fascinated with food art lately and asked for anything to do with making really pretty cupcakes and bento.

otherwise what i wish for most is family. unfortunately for me, that is not one that will happen.

Kady1202
12-17-2009, 02:26 PM
I WANT TO BE HEALTHY!!!! And I also asked for a bodybugg :D

JulieJ08
12-17-2009, 02:34 PM
I want (and even need) lots of things. But my family doesn't do gifts except for the kids, and I kind of like that actually.

Mickeypnd
12-17-2009, 02:55 PM
hmm....to be happy. seriously. and a new car.
=]

L R K
12-17-2009, 05:49 PM
I want another puppy but I don't think that'll happen ...

pliem2009
12-18-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm getting a Motorola Droid on January 2nd (or at least I'm ordering it that day). That's the gift I'm most excited about. :D

I asked my mom and grandparents for a bunch of kitchen tools... a good chef's knife, a muffin tin and pie plates, garlic press, silicone baking mat, and a few other things.

Other than that, to be perfectly honest, I'm hoping for cash and gift cards for clothing stores... so that I can buy a new wardrobe when I get to my goal weight. :)

hahaha noooo say no to the baking ware!!!!!!! then you are going to start baking and ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....hahaha jk...whoo!!! cash is always good! hahaha money money money!!!!

pliem2009
12-18-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm such a scrooge, :lol:. I want ... zero gifts. I have all the "stuff" I could ever want. My dream Christmas involves my consumer-driven family each donating the amount of money they pour into my gifts to either the Nature Conservancy, Salvation Army, or Forgotten Harvest. All of my current "wants" involve non-material things - love, time, sleep ... etc.

awww donating is always nice, that's so nice of you to do that :bravo:

paradoxx
12-18-2009, 02:51 PM
I mainly just wanted some several little things and I am getting them. Except for my sister, my family doesn't really do surprises. My sis loves to surprise people, my other family members are more like: "What do you want? Where do I get that?" Half the time, I end up ordering my own Christmas presents offline and then they give me cash and take the item to wrap when it comes in. Dad is the worst. He buys his own presents, wraps them, and then claims that they are from different people because he doesn't want us to spend our money.

For my big gift, I'm getting a pair of UGG house slippers. I've wanted them forever because my feet get really cold. I can save a fortune on my heating bill if I can just keep my feet warm. Thankfully, I can wear the kids sizes, so the financial damage is not horrendous. I'm also getting the Cargo Hands of Hope eyeshadow palette from Sephora, three new France Luxe claw clips for my hair (These are truly the best in the world. I go for the "cheap"--under $15 dollar ones. Many of their bleeding claw clips go for over $50 which is too rich for my taste.), and 2 CDs from an obscure, indy band that I love.

I admit that I am grateful that my family does it this way. I need things that I can use, not random junk that someone wasted their hard-earned money on.