Dieting with Obstacles - Very Frustrated.

View Full Version : Very Frustrated.

quietlioness
12-16-2009, 05:10 AM
:?:

H

PinkyPie
12-16-2009, 06:10 AM
*hugs* I have no experience but I just wanted to say I feel for you and I hope that the next appointment will find some real solutions for you. Hang in there and go and push for every appointment you can get until you get the answers!

LotusMama
12-16-2009, 09:34 AM
I am also hypothyroid, but have not had the experience you are describing. It sounds like you are really having a tough time; I am so sorry. My only advice is keep looking for answers. I wish you the best.

J

beerab
12-16-2009, 09:35 AM
My friend had a similar experience where she had a non stop period for ages- I can't remember what the problem was- but I remember she had to take birth control for a few months and then she was fine. She did not have thyroid problems though.

CLCSC145
12-16-2009, 12:33 PM
I had the same issue for a while and I swear it's enough to drive you insane! Go to your doctor appointment. My hormone levels were normal too (I have come to hate the word "normal"). She put me on loestrin birth control pills and all was fixed within a month - the first month was awful, then it's been a godsend.

Violet73
12-17-2009, 08:03 AM
If you are hypothyroid...you really shouldn't stop your thyroid medication. If you go to www.mayoclinic.com and read up on hypothyroidism and what it can cause you will understand how important it is for you to take your medicine. I'm glad you are back on it now :)

Did they tell you to take iron? If you are bleeding that much then you will become anemic. You can get a multivitamin with iron to take....at least until your appt with the GYN.

I hope you get some answers from your GYN. Have you ever had fibroids?

ICUwishing
12-17-2009, 10:16 AM
quiet - sorry to hear you're suffering! I'm "subclinical hypothyroid" and take the natural preparations (Armour, or a compounded version) and have been absolutely thrilled with it. I also can't take BCP - I'm Factor V Leiden hetero (gene mutation that makes blood clots more of a risk). I'm planning to go the ablation route. I'm not sure of your age and/or child-bearing status, but if you're done ... I can't imagine one good reason to bleed for one more second. I have had it with the MESS! Might be a route to consider if having babies isn't in your program.

Primm
12-18-2009, 08:51 PM
I have no advice, only hugs and sympathy.

I had a friend with this problem - they are still investigating, so I can't tell you what caused it. I can tell you she wrote to all the pad and tampon manufacturers and told them her story and how much she was spending on sanitary products each month, and they all without exception sent her a bunch of free stuff. It might not solve the problem, but it may help with the financial side.

Good luck.