Old 12-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Default 9 pounds to stabilization

Anyone else in similar position and want to team up for this leg of the trip? I hear it can be challenging and a bit anxious to BE THERE!
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

8.5 for me too! I am ready, excited, and nervous all at the same time!
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Looks like I have about 8 to go as well. We can do this ladies!

Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/174/135

Height: 5ft 1

I just started so I am not close to 8-9 pounds from goal, but I just wanted to take a moment and wish you the best, I know you can do it! Just reading that you are that close is so motivating to me, so thanks for that! I can do this and so can you all!
WWDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #5  

WI tomorrow. I'm trying to kick up the exercise a little more this week, as I haven't consistenly done this throughout program. So this week I went to my zumba class twice (total of 120 minutes so far). Not sure if I'll get there any more this week dur to schedule. How about you all--what's a little something you're going to try and do differently to make things budge on the scale?
Old 12-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWDT View Post
I just started so I am not close to 8-9 pounds from goal, but I just wanted to take a moment and wish you the best, I know you can do it! Just reading that you are that close is so motivating to me, so thanks for that! I can do this and so can you all!
Welcome and I must tell you the HARDEST part for me was just getting started. It hasn't come off as fast as I would have liked (human nature) but perseverence does pay off. Just one day at a time and again, in my opinion you're at the hardest part so give yourself a pat on the back.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/174/135

Height: 5ft 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchmom84 View Post
Welcome and I must tell you the HARDEST part for me was just getting started. It hasn't come off as fast as I would have liked (human nature) but perseverence does pay off. Just one day at a time and again, in my opinion you're at the hardest part so give yourself a pat on the back.
Thanks for the positive reinforcement! I feel like I am doing really well and just keep counting down the days...I just want to make it to Day 11! That is the mini-goal I set for myself.

But what is hard is that Day 11 is Christmas Eve and that is when we always have our family Christmas....I am just hoping to get through that day! My mom has offered to make whatever I can eat, but at this point I don't have my green menu so I don't know what to tell her. If anyone has some ideas for me that would be great. It will be the dinner meal I need ideas for (meat-slim).
WWDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWDT View Post
Thanks for the positive reinforcement! I feel like I am doing really well and just keep counting down the days...I just want to make it to Day 11! That is the mini-goal I set for myself.

But what is hard is that Day 11 is Christmas Eve and that is when we always have our family Christmas....I am just hoping to get through that day! My mom has offered to make whatever I can eat, but at this point I don't have my green menu so I don't know what to tell her. If anyone has some ideas for me that would be great. It will be the dinner meal I need ideas for (meat-slim).
My center just gave a handout on this and since you'll be at day 11 I would think all of this would apply to you.
Breakfast Clear Supplement and Breakfast Casserols (page 18 cookbook ) or 1 serving protein group 1 or 3
Lunch 4-6 oz turkey breast, 1 serving cooked vegetables (ideas--p. 160 green bean casserole or trick potatoes p. 159, or roasted asparagus-pg. 169 or savory cabbage p. 157), 8 oz salad or green bean & cherry tomato salad (let me know if you want recipe for this), 1/4 cup dressing--sage and savory dressing (let me know if you want recipe for this), 1/4 cranberry sauce or relish, dessert--choose 1 from (baked apples p. 176, apple celery salad, p. 185, fruit compote, p. 183 or peach cobbler p. 188)
Dinner4 oz turkey or other group 3 protein and 4 oz cooked or 8 oz raw veggies
eveningclear supplement
Old 12-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

I'm right there with you all! The last 10 are sometimes the hardest. Especially now. I keep trying to convince myself that its ok to go Off plan because I'm so close and have less ground to cover now... and with all those holiday treats all around... GEEZ! I think I'm worse now than when I started! I tell ya, it's been tough!
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb9697 View Post
I'm right there with you all! The last 10 are sometimes the hardest. Especially now. I keep trying to convince myself that its ok to go Off plan because I'm so close and have less ground to cover now... and with all those holiday treats all around... GEEZ! I think I'm worse now than when I started! I tell ya, it's been tough!
You are describing me to a T! I seem to be able to convince myself of anything... I can go wok off that chocolate, this is the last bite, a liitle won't hurt me, etc, etc, etc. UGH!
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #11  

Frustrated....at WI I gained a pound. I had exercised twice (120' zumba)since last weigh in, had gone out to eat once but had made good choices.....I drink plenty of water.....for those of you who have been at this last 10 pounds for awhile.....counseling please! Center told me that this is a point where weight can jump up and down some...that body really tries to hold on. Stomach fat still needs to go more and it's been there a long time....how do I break through?
Old 12-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #12  

Checking in on those of you on this journey with me....tomorrow WI. I've kept on program even though was frustrated at gaining a pound....haven't exercised since the last WI.....time will tell tomorrow!
Old 12-21-2009, 01:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Hang in there porchmom. My weight seemed to stall as I inched closer to the 10 pounds to go mark. Sounds like you've been exercising and that's great. I didn't exercise for most of my program b/c I lost without having to, not to mention that I hate exercise. I had to start using the treadmill as I got closer to the end of this journey. It really has helped me and I've been dropping 2 or 1.5 a week since I started. 6.5 to go. Gonna plan on maintaining through the holidays...no weight loss planned for me until I have some good meals with my family. Also, I have a birthday to enjoy two days after Christmas. I told my center my plans and that I would not eat off plan every day of my vacation, but only on holidays. My consultant said she wouldn't try to talk me out of it since I'm so close to the end...I'll bet they'll still call me several times to "check on me". Sometimes I get tickled when I think of what they must be imagining...me out of control, eating everything in my path. LOL
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #14  
magnolia girl

S/C/G: 170/150/140

this sounds like me, I just want to maintain until after the holidays. I'm
managing this well, as well as enjoying a little freedom with no weight gain.
I have been faithful to exercise. I think that has keep me from not gaining.
Goose - I did what you did, and my center totally understands my decision.
I will be back OP after the holidays and on my way to stablization. what a way to start the New Year!
Merry Christmas to everyone!
magnoliagirl
magnoliagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #15  

Sounds like you've got good realistic plans. At WI today I was down the pound I'd gained...so again....9 pounds to go I'll go to Zumba class tonight for 60 minutes. Just out of curiosity--how much treadmill time did you put in for things to kick in and was it a manual treadmill or electric? My tummy fat has been here SO LONG I think it's going to be stubborn--I'm trying to think positively but am a bit nervous (as I'm sure you can tell). I'm just so looking forward to stabilization at this pointl I did buy the fat and carb blocker today to use over holidays (when I too will go off program for a few days). Anyone used that with success??? I hated spending more money but did....